Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

I headed east of Hearthome City and battled some trainers on my way to Solaceon Town. When I arrived in Solaceon Town I explored the ruins and grabbed the HM05. I went north next and then east until I had arrived in Veilstone City. I explored the city and then headed towards the gym. I beat the trainers using Bronzor and Wormadam and then took on Maylene. I started with Prinplup who beat Meditite using a few Bubblebeams. Next she sent out Lucario so I used Probopass who fell in a single hit. I switched to Onix who got an Earthquake in before fainting so next was Wormadam. I used a turn to heal up Prinplup before Lucario defeated Wormadam. I sent out Prinplup next and used Bubblebeam. I got it down to the yellow but I was certain I would faint after Lucario's next attack but I used Bubblebeam anyways. Lucario's Drain Punch brought Prinplup down to 3HP and my Bubblebeam scored a critical hit which knocked out Lucario. Machoke managed to beat Prinplup but Bronzor knocked it out with Extrasensory.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Candice is pretty easy if you keep the Hail off the field with Hippowdon. Shouldn't have a lot of trouble. I Toxic Stalled Froslass with Quagsire.

I wouldn't use Garchomp, way too powerful for a challenge.

Speaking of Ground Monotypes, I got back to mine and I'm going to finish it off. I'm in Victory Road right now.

Cynthia sends out Spiritomb and I send out Gliscor! I start off by using Swords Dance and Spiritomb uses Dark Pulse. I use Swords Dance once more and Spiritomb uses Shadow Ball. I use a Full Restore and Spiritomb uses Psychic. Gliscor then uses Earthquake and OHKOs Spiritomb.
    Next up is Milotic and I OHKO it with Earthquake!
    Next is Togekiss. I use Night Slash while Togekiss uses Water Pulse which Gliscor barely survives. I Night Slash again but it barely survived it and finishes Gliscor off with Water Pulse.
    I send in my Rhyperior and Cynthia uses a Full Restore and I use Stone Edge and get a Critical and OHKO Togekiss.
    Next up is Roserade. Not sure what to send out so I send in Torterra. It starts off with Toxic while Torterra uses Earthquake. Cynthia uses a Full Restore and Torterra uses Earthquake again. Roserade uses Sludge Bomb and Torterra finishes Roserade off with Earthquake!
    I was waiting for this. Here comes Garchomp and I send in Mamoswine! Garchomp uses Flamethrower and Mamoswine uses Ice Fang. It survives and eats a Sitrus Berry. I then use Ice Shard to finish it off!
    Finally she sends in Lucario and I send in Hippowdon! Lucario uses Aura Sphere and Hippowdon hits Earthquake and Lucario survives. Cynthia uses another Full Restore and I use Earthquake again which ALMOST took it out. Lucario uses Aura Sphere which takes out Hippowdon.
    I send in my Quagsire! Lucario uses Aura Sphere and Quagsire finishes Lucario off with Earthquake!
    I enter the Hall of Fame and watch the credits roll.

PLATINUM GROUND MONOTYPE CHALLENGE COMPLETED!

Final Team:
    Torterra Lv53
    Quagsire Lv52
    Mamoswine Lv54
    Gliscor Lv54
    Rhyperior Lv55
    Hippowdon Lv53

Now I should concentrate on finishing up my HG Flying Monotype and then my SS Electric Monotype.
    After that, I think I might go all the way back to Gen 1 and do a Monotype challenge in Red or Blue perhaps. I've been thinking about that lately and I kinda want to do it. I wonder what type I should do? I'm thinking Normal...
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 1st November 2011 at 11:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    HG/SS was a great remake, so it'd be difficult to trump it.

Edit: But the fact that this announcement is exciting is hard to contest.

Edit: I guess we'll just have to sea what comes of this.

Edit: Hoenn

I am starting either a grass/normal/electric/flying type mono on Platinum. Gonna get a blog up soon to keep track of it.
    Minteh

Spoiler:- Credit:

There are a lot of normal pokemon to choose from, so i wouldn't go with that type because it won't be much of challenge compared with the other typpes you were thinking of doing.
    I am an experienced Artist, Breeder and Cloner (I don't use PokeCheck)
    Contact me if you want any pokemon breeding, cloning or want to request some art.
    Here is a list of my breeding and cloning services:
        Spoiler:- Services:

Please be specific in what you would like and contact me via a PM. I will give you my freind code when we have an agreement on the trade.
    Please be aware trading me a hacked pokemon is a scam and you will be denied any further trades
    (I will only trade pokemon that i am sure of being 100% legit)

I agree I might go for either Flying or Electric.
    Minteh

Spoiler:- Credit:

I spent a lot of time today battling the rich trainers on Route 212, because I needed to level up Chansey and earn money to buy TMs. After quite a few battles, I had enough money to buy an Ice Beam TM, so I went to Veilstone to buy one at the Game Corner. I taught it to Clefairy. I then went back to do some more battles. Eventually, Chansey evolved into Blissey.

After that, I went to heal in Hearthome. I then headed to the Gym, which I plan to do next.

Team:

I walked. A lot. Quite a lot. And, after around 33000 steps, Budew evolved into Roselia. During these steps, I went into the mines, trained Zubat to 15 and Budew to one-battle-from 15 (so that it evolved at 15 before the gym battle AND level 16) and took out the trainers in the gym. After I had a Roselia, I swept Rorak with three Mega Drains. I picked up a Geodude from the mines to be a temp. HM slave until I get something that can learn Rock Smash (which won't be until I add stuff at the Great Marsh, if I am thinking correctly).
    After this, I went back to Jubilife, trashed the Galactic peons, got more pokétch stuff and started my way to Eterna. I went through Floaroma and dealt with the first batch of Galactic peons to get some honey. It is smeared on (two) trees in hopes of a Wurmple/Cascoon so that I can have a third pokémon before the forest.

Team:
    - Niave - lvl 17
    - Quiet - lvl 17

HM 'mons
    (Muscles)

For the HM members, I shall only have them when I need them and I, of course, will never use them in battles unless they need to evolve to use the HM (which I may have to do since I need surf to catch a Tentacool, now don't I...), in which case they shall only battle wild pokémon.
    Last edited by bbbrrritcold; 4th November 2011 at 3:43 AM.
        Spoiler:- Trained 'mons in White:

Spoiler:- Current challenges:

I have now defeated the first and second gym leaders and have made my way to goldernrod city where i found a for my team. I'm currently trying to get a to use in my team (making my a substitute) and a to use as another substitute
    Current team
    /////
    Contact me if you want any pokemon breeding, cloning or want to request some art.

Please be specific in what you would like and contact me via a PM. I will give you my freind code when we have an agreement on the trade.
    Please be aware trading me a hacked pokemon is a scam and you will be denied any further trades

Did the Hearthome Gym today. I didn't bother with the math questions there because I wanted to fight every trainer.

After I beat all the trainers, I reached Fantina. She started with Driftblim, which I took down with my Clefairy's Ice Beam. Then, I switched to Girafarig as she sent out Gengar. Girafarig easily defeated it with Psybeam. Her last Pokemon was Mismagius which was quite a challenge. Girafarig did some damage to it, but eventually died from hitting itself in confusion because of Confuse Ray. I then sent out Clefairy, who didn't do much damage because Mismagius had a Sitrus Berry. Clefairy died the same way Girafarig did, so I sent out Bibarel. It managed to use Yawn on Mismagius, but then it was KOed by Magical Leaf. So, I sent out my *fourth* Pokemon, Staraptor, who KOed the opponent with Aerial Ace.

So the really annoying battle was over, and I got my fifth badge.

Team:

Just a quick update here.

While waiting for honey trees, I beat the rest of Team Galactic. Mars actually wasn't bad - my Zubat was faster and had a super-effectvie move and that Purugly died after repeated Mega Drains after a Leech Seed.
    I later checked the trees and, to my delight, found a Wurmple. Even better, it was only level 5, meaning I do not have to worrk about it not learning Dustox's moves right away (such as Confusion, which I would not want to miss). It is now a Cascoon, as you can see below.

Team:
    - Quiet - lvl 7
    - Niave - lvl 17
    - Quiet - lvl 18

Sorry I havent posted in a while; internet's been out for a week. My team:

My , Hooters Lv. 19
    , Genghis Lv. 20

I just beat Whitney, whose flinching hax from her Miltank's Stomp caused me to use all 4 of my super potions to keep Genghis alive. I tried to have Hooters put it to sleep; poor thing died from a single Stomp. But Genghis's Mega Punch saved the day, earning me a crying Gym Leader. I walk away in disgust, when one of the Trainers blocks my path. I go back to Whitney, who gives me the Plain Badge and talks. Im done for today.

Game Clock: 5:15
    HeartGold FC: 2537 6643 9385
    PSN: nzk10

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories which are greatly wonderfully ridiculous, the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah there's this big giant universe and it's expanding and it's all gonna collapse on itself and we're all here, just, just 'cuz.' "

Just began a monotype challenge on heart gold...Choosing a water type. So beginning out I chose...Chikorita (all will be explained to why I did not choose totodile). So after speedrunning through the opening bit and first gym somehow I caught my first team member, a little wooper! Continuing on received the old rod from the man in the pokecentre and turned back around to catch my second pokemon, a magikarp .

After progressing through the tunnel I arrived in azelea town where I saved the slowpokes, beat my rival and beat bugsy (blah blah).

I then rushed into goldenrod, where I promptly beat all the trainers below the town... During which my wooper evolved into a quagsire , and all the trainers up to the national park, during which magikarp evolved . After this I took on whitney, who's clefairy fell to a couple of bites from gyarados and then came her Milktank. God do I hate this thing, the amount of times I would try to defeat this thing on the originals was crazy. Anyway in this battle it seemed like it would go the same way, with it stomping and flinching my gyarados down, before in came quagsire. I attacked with mud bomb and her milktank survived with yellow health, she used attract, damn. I attack with another mud bomb but am too in love to attack -.-, followed by her stomping me... I then attack with another mud bomb which hits, defeating her milktank! I tried to walk away, before being stopped to get my badge, I got the badge and headed north to the pokeathlon. I saved here as I am in need of getting a couple of waterstones for future team members.

Only thing I am wondering, should I choose to get lanturn or Poliwrath for my team, any input is welcome .

Current Team

Gyarados lvl 23
    Quagsire lvl 23

Lucarimew2's Soulsilver Poison monotype challenge
    After having now beaten the azelea town gym leader, bugsy. I have now gone through to goldenrod ciy where i have trained my pokemon to higher levels. After i long battle with witney, which was painstakingly annoying with miltank, i progressed through the national park ad towards ecruteak city, where i have beaten my rival and found the trio of legendaries. Getting here has allowed me to train my pokemon and making my ekans evolve into arbok, bellsprout evolve into weepinbell, nidoranm evolve into nidorino. and catch a venonat for my team.Although my arbok is able to defeat morty with ease, i am training my gastly, venonat and my zubat to higher levels.

One thing i am wondering, should it get tentacool or qwilfish as my water/poison type? and should i go back and get a nidoranf for my subs?

Current Team
    Arbok lv27
    Gastly lv24
    Weepinbell lv21
    Nidorino lv 19
    Venonat lv 17
    Zubat lv 14
    Last edited by Lucarimew2; 6th November 2011 at 3:58 PM.

@b0bg0blin: Why not both? Poliwrath is a great fighting type, but Lanturn is really useful too...

@Lucarimew2: Tentacool is my suggestion, though both are good. I think Tentacool makes a nice sponge, which is why I suggest it. Tis your choice though.

So I fought my way up to the forest, during which Cascoon evolved. I then went through the forest and trained everyone to 18 (accidentally, not purposely) and got Roselia to 20 with the fishermen outside of Eterna. I destroyed the trainers in the gym with Dustox (which is actually really really crappy...I know who won't make my final team) and Zubat. Zubat then solo'd Gardenia but just barely didn't make it to 22.

Now being able to use cut, I backtracked to the forest and got into the Old Chateau, where I caught a Gastly. The question now is should I train it some before taking on Galactic or bust right in with it sopping up experience that way. This, however, will be determined later, as I now am going back to my Fire Red Nuzlocke.

Team:
    - Timid - lvl 12
    - Quiet - lvl 20
    - Niave - lvl 21
    - Quiet - lvl 20
    Last edited by bbbrrritcold; 10th November 2011 at 2:46 AM.

I am currently performing a Fire mono in SS. I'll recap where I am so far.

I started out with Cyndaquil, naming him Tornupto. I went to Mr. Pokemon's house like I had to, got the egg, and delivered it to Elm. Then, I heard that there was a robbery! I scurried back to New Bark when a mysterious red-haired boy came. I trounced him easily, despite his type advantage. He dropped his Trainer Card, and I saw his name as Twiggy. I reported this to the police officer.

I decided I should get another Fire-type for my team. I knew I should have protection against Water-types like Twiggy's Totodile, so I rang up an old breeder friend of mine residing in Sinnoh, and he promised he would breed me a Thunderpunch Magby. After a spell, I got him.

I blasted my way through Route 31, defeating trainer after trainer with Tornupto and Magby. Finally, we got to the town where the first Gym resided: Violet City.

Current party:

lvl. 10 / lvl. 7
    did you think I'd post something here or something

wait I just did gdi

Quote Originally Posted by bbbrrritcold View Post
    @b0bg0blin: Why not both? Poliwrath is a great fighting type, but Lanturn is really useful too...
    The reason I'm indecisive is because of the rest of my team, I wouldn't know which to be rid off to include both. I'm hoping to have:
    Quagsire
    Gyarados
    Starmie
    Lapras
    Vaporean
    Lanturn/Poliwrath
    So not sure who to be rid of, with vaporean being my only pure water type...

As for my game, haven't really done much just a bit of pokeathlon, due to a busy weekend, trying to complete a piece of calculus and pure isn't so simple . hopefully my next update will be tomorrow with more promising news .

@b0bg0blin

If you want some advice for the team, I would take a Lanturn. It's really good. It has a LOT of hp to tank.

As for the Lapras, this is the moveset I want for mine. I want her to be a pain in the butt.

- Perish Song
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Sheer Cold
    Do you like animes such as Fairy Tail, SKET Dance, etc?
    Do you enjoy digital art, and art competitions?
    Do you love an engaging community where everyone is close to each other?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, you should REALLY join...

I have continued my monotype challenge. I have done a lot.

I went up the Sprout Tower. Magby and Cyndaquil easily beat the Sages. I made it to the top, and found that Twiggy had defeated the Elder. I did the same, and got TM 70 Flash. I then made my way to the gym and beat the Trainers. Cyndaquil then evolved into a Quilava!

Falkner was difficult, because Magby stopped obeying. I had to rely on Quilava's newly-learned Quick Attack to beat his Pidgeotto. I beat him, and got the Zephyr Badge!

I then made my way through the Union Cave where I popped out in Azalea Town, home to the second Gym. First, however, I had to fight my way through Slowpoke Well to stop Executive Proton from selling all those Slowpoke-tails. Magby and Quilava got through with aplomb, and I could go back to the Gym.

I handled every Trainer in the gym easily, including the Gym Leader with ease, due to my type advantage. I walked away, Hive Badge in tow. As I was about to enter the Ilex Forest, Twiggy came and challenged me to a battle. I won easily.

I went through the Ilex Forest, came out, and entered Goldenrod City. The Leader there was hard, but I pushed through, and got the Plain Badge!

Right now, I am in Ecruteak City, training for the battle against Morty.

Team:

lvl. 23 / lvl. 24 / lvl. 19 / lvl. 9 (to become Flareon)

Planned final team:

/ / / / / HM slave, not used for battling
    Last edited by The Imposter; 6th November 2011 at 2:51 PM.
    did you think I'd post something here or something

wait I just did gdi

@b0bg0blin: I am going to disagree here and say Poliwrath. You have nice tanks already (Lapras and Vaporeon are great and Quagsire and Gyrados work well too, due to thier typing) that you really don't need another. Lanturn may be nice but, if you really want it, take it over Vaporean. Poliwrath is a great attacker on both sides of the spectrum and has a pretty nice move pool. If you still need an electric type move, give Lapras or Starmie Thunderbolt.

The Lapras I used to run was Ice Beam, Surf, Thunderbolt and Perish Song. It worked wonders.

This is, however, just my opinion. I have never run a Lanturn before but have done Ploiwrath a few times and it always does very well, especially as a departure from typical bulky water.

Now that I'm able to use Surf, I decided to go to Canalave City. I flew to Jubilife then Surfed along Route 218, where I fought a few trainers and picked some berries. I headed into the gate leading to Canalave, where I met Dawn's father and got my Pokedex upgraded so that it could show the male and female forms of Pokemon. I then entered the city and immediately went to heal my team.

After leaving the Pokemon Centre, I went to cross the bridge. However, when I was halfway across, my rival showed up and challenged me. He was very easy to defeat, just like last time. Clefairy took down his Staravia with Ice Beam. I then switched to Staraptor, who OHKOed the rest of his team.

Team:

Been a while, but continued today with my Normal Monotype. Because of my recent discovery of love for nicknames, I visted the Name Rater and changed all my team's names! And so, Buneary became known as Ciara, Bibarel as Race, Aipom as Hanna, and Staravia became Reach. After investigating the Pokémon statue, I decided to train Buneary on Route 211, and while doing so I caught Reagen the Hoothoot! While I am still going to carry on tonight, I will be unable to record my progress on here, and so I will update tomorrow! Also, could I use a Pokémon such as Altaria, who isn't a normal type, but does evolve from one?

Current Team:

Ciara, Lv 14

Race, Lv 18

Hanna, Lv 20

Reach, Lv 20

Reagan, Lv 14
    Last edited by Sucker_Punch; 9th November 2011 at 10:15 PM.

@ AffroBull: I would say that you should not use Altaria, but (as it is your run) you are free to do as you wish.

Minimal updates here. Everyone has gone up a few levels as I have beaten the Galactics (again). During this, Zubat evolved twice and I am now travelling to Pastoria to get two new team members before the Veilstone gym. I could probably manage with Crobat, Dustox and Gastly (who would be a Haunter or Gengar by then) but I would like to have my two buddies from the Great Marsh before going after the gym, just for keeping everybody equal. Currently, I am at the milk bar, about to head over to Veilstone, having beaten everyone inside and before it (excluding those inside Wayward Cave, as I will do that in one stroke after gaining the ability to use Strength).

Team:
    - Timid - lvl 24
    - Quiet - lvl 24
    - Niave - lvl 26
    - Quiet - lvl 26
    Last edited by bbbrrritcold; 10th November 2011 at 4:15 PM.

Before taking on the next Gym, I'm planning on training my entire team to at least level 40. I decided to do some training along Routes 219-21, which I hadn't explored yet. I battled a bunch of Swimmers while Surfing and managed to get my Clefairy to lv. 40. Then, I put Lopunny in front and defeated the rest of the trainers in that area. I also went passed the Pal Park, but of course I couldn't go inside it yet.

After that, I stopped in Jubilife to get the Link Searcher app for my Poketch. Then, I continued my training against the rich trainers near the Pokemon Mansion, since I still need money to buy coins for TMs at the Game Corner.

Team:

So I ran through Route 215 and got to Veilstone, where I proceeded to heal, get the coin case, talk to Dawn, and leave for Pastoria. I rushed through 214 and 213 (and the lakefront) whilst battling as few trainers as possible so that I could get to the great marsh and use those trainers to train my incoming teammates. I only dealt with three total on both routes combined.

I got to the Great Marsh and went through a very, very long time waiting for Skorupis to appear so that they could run after one Safari Ball but I finally caught one. I may or may not be using it to breed...
    I then went back to the Binoculars and looked around some to find me a Croagunk (whihc was caught on the first ball of the first one). I may try to breed this one to get Dry Skin...or maybe not. I am deciding if really want to go with my plan of a half rain team (since I have nothing that would be hindered by it if I use a Weather Ball Roserade) or modify it since I do not have a Dry Skin Croagunk.

Current Croagunk - Pros:
    No modifications to team to make the semi rain team.
    Roserade gets to actually use its move slots for what it wants! And its item!
    Keep awesome nature'd but sup-par ability Croagunk.
    I could use flamethrower of Fire Fang on a team feasibly without having to worry about rain.
    Cons:
    Less bulky. FAR less bulky.
    No rain team means Roserade won't be as good a fire killer. Or a fire killer at all.
    Less defense against fire in general (though still not defenseless).
    I find anticipation to be an almost useless ability.
    I am already breeding one thing and this would just be for the ability.

Anyway though, this will have to wait, as I need to get a male scyther (or Scizor or Heracross) that knows Night Slash before I will do anything else...so now back to Fire Red Nuzlocke!

Team:
    - Timid - lvl 28 (staying Gastly until 29 for Shadow Ball, then evolving)
    - Quiet - lvl 25
    - Niave - lvl 26
    - Quiet - lvl 27
    - Mild - lvl 22
    - Jolly - lvl 24

Continued with training my team. I first flew to Floaroma Town and headed towards the Valley Windworks, where I used Surf and picked up the TM for Thunderbolt, which I taught to Clefairy. I then surfed up the river and landed in the upper part of the Floaroma Meadow, where I found some items including a Leaf Stone.

I then went to the Fuego Ironworks. I fought all the trainers there using Staraptor. I managed to pick up all the items there very easily since the spin tiles didn't cause me and trouble. Also, I found the TM for Flamethrower, which I plan to teach to one of my Pokemon, but I don't know which one yet.

Team:

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast