Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

You can have Forretress,Scizor,Magneton and Skarmory as they are the only ones apart from Steelix.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

i actually forgot how few steel pokemon there were so im gonna pick up a scizor and run through the game with those two

I started this in SoulSilver using water types. Any adivce on what to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri
    I started this in SoulSilver using water types. Any adivce on what to use?
    I suggest Gyarados. I just finished a Water monotype in Platinum, and Gyarados was a huge asset to my team. It hits hard and fast, and you can get one pretty early in the game if you're willing to level up Magikarp.

Well, seeing as I'm now done with aforementioned monotype, I'll be moving on to a new one, and I figured I'd post my progress here periodically. The next monotype I'll be doing is Grass; I've already completed my Normal, Fire, and Water runs, and I hope to be able to complete a monotype for all 17 types in Platinum. I'll post again once I've started the Grass run, which should be very soon.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Doing a Mono Challenge with Ground

Is Turtwig allowed cause it's final evo is Grass/Ground

Team:
    Numel/Turtwig/Geodude

Claims: Seel/World of Warcraft/Voljin/Cote De Pablo/Hocus Pocus/Ghost Adventures
    UR NEVER TO OLD TO BE A GAMER!
    INFO -plz support me thanks-
    Twitch: TrollShaman85 (It has to do with World of Warcraft)
    Twitter: @UndeadPriest90
    Red 3DS FC: 1220-8684-8281 (Raylah/Poison FS)
    BluishGreen 3DS FC: 1719/3604/8442 (Vallera/Fighting FS)
    PM if u add me Plz and Ty

I think I'll try a mono-Fighting team on Pokemon Platinum. Here's my planned final team:

Infernape/Gallade/Lucario/Poliwrath/Toxicroak/Breloom
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

I'm doing my very first ever Monotype challenge: Water-type on Soul Silver.

So far I have:

1) Tebow the Feraligatr (lv35)

2) Sweet Tail the Slowpoke (lv30)

3) Spidey the Krabby (lv20) (unused as of yet)

4) John the Tentacool (lv23) (unused as of yet)

I am at the Whirl Islands, on my way to Cianwood. I will update more in-depth this evening!

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Um, I'm planning of doing a monotype on Platinum, but I'm stuck between what types to use. I have four in mind though.

Steel
    Empoleon
    Magnezone
    Probopass
    Lucario
    Bronzong
    Scizor

Ice
    Abomasnow
    Weavile
    Mamoswine
    Glaceon
    Glalie
    Froslass

Grass
    Torterra
    Cherrim
    Roserade
    Leafeon
    Tropius
    Tangrowth

Poison
    Drapion
    Roserade
    Toxicroak
    Crobat
    Tentacruel
    Gengar

Um, so please help me decide which of the four types to use, and if any replacements are neccesary.

EDIT: Edited, now I still need help deciding which type to use. (lingering to Ice and Steel, but not sure, the other two seem good too)
    Last edited by dirkac; 29th September 2012 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Um, I'm planning of doing a monotype on Platinum, but I'm stuck between what types to use. I have four in mind though.

Steel
    Empoleon
    Magnezone
    Probopass
    Lucario
    Bronzong
    Steelix

Ice
    Abomasnow
    Weavile
    Mamoswine
    Glaceon
    Glalie
    Froslass

Grass
    Torterra
    Cherrim
    Roserade
    Leafeon
    Tropius
    Carnivine

Poison
    Drapion
    Roserade
    Toxicroak
    Crobat
    Dustox
    Gengar

Um, so please help me decide which of the four types to use, and if any replacements are neccesary.
    The easy ones of these would be Steel and Poison.Ice wouldn't be much hard but you wouldn't get any member until after you beat the sixth gym leader apart from Eevee unless you opt for trading.Grass is a very difficult monotype to use because I have done a grass monotype in Black,so i know how difficult it will be and unless you overlevel you'll have very hard time v Candice,Aaron and Flint.

Your steel team is good but you can try Scizor just because of his resistance to Fighting and Ground types as well as its Sweeping potential.You can use Bastiodon but Probopass will perform a similar function.Lastly,you can use Heatran and Dialga for Post-game if you like using legendaries.Wormadam Trash Cloak is meh..

In Ice type,you have only those Pokemon which you have listed as options.

In Grass type as well you can use Abomasnow.You can use Tangrowth and I would recommend it as well because I have used one and it's a great Pokemon.or you can try Wormadam Plant Cloak.

In Poison type you can use Tentacruel instead of Dustox and you'll have a surfer too.

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    The easy ones of these would be Steel and Poison.Ice wouldn't be much hard but you wouldn't get any member until after you beat the sixth gym leader apart from Eevee unless you opt for trading.Grass is a very difficult monotype to use because I have done a grass monotype in Black,so i know how difficult it will be and unless you overlevel you'll have very hard time v Candice,Aaron and Flint.

Your steel team is good but you can try Scizor just because of his resistance to Fighting and Ground types as well as its Sweeping potential.You can use Bastiodon but Probopass will perform a similar function.Lastly,you can use Heatran and Dialga for Post-game if you like using legendaries.Wormadam Trash Cloak is meh..

In Ice type,you have only those Pokemon which you have listed as options.

In Grass type as well you can use Abomasnow.You can use Tangrowth and I would recommend it as well because I have used one and it's a great Pokemon.or you can try Wormadam Plant Cloak.

In Poison type you can use Tentacruel instead of Dustox and you'll have a surfer too.
    I forgot about Tangrowth and Tentacruel, I'll update it now.
    I don't like Scizor that much but he'll be better than Steelix Iguess...
    The reason Abomasnow isn't in my Grass team is because he has Snow Warning, and Grass is more of a defensive type, and with Hail, it ruins it ingame.

For my Heartgold game I decided to go with a Fire monotype challenge. Where I would trade over some pokemon as eggs to this game. I obviously took Cindaquil as a starter and did the whole get the pokemon egg thing. I defeated my Rival and went back. When I did the whole naming thing of my rival and got back to cherrygrove I moved over 2 eggs, which hatched into a Charmander and a Numel. I trained them on my way to violet city. The sprout tower was easy exp for my Fire mono. And the gym wasn't all that hard either.

Team:

Cindaquil Level 13
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Smokescreen
    -Ember

Charmander Level 11
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    -Ember
    -Smokescreen

Numel Level 11
    -Growl
    -Tackle
    -Ember
    -Magnitude
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I was also thinking about resetting my SS game and I was thinking about a Fire monotype too xD

I think I'll move eggs too otherwise I'll be a little hindered lol.

I'll pick up Cyndaquil and move a Torchic and an Houndour. Then I'll get Flareon, Ninetales and Rapidash. If I can catch Entei, then I'll replace Flareon.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W54 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

I think I will do a monotype challenge in my Diamond game, here is the two teams I consider using:

Psychic:

Bug:

(weak, I know, but I like it)

I am leaning towards the bug type, since it is my favorite and the playthrough would be quite challenging.
    I did a bug monotype challenge in my Black game once, but with Pokémon like Leavanny, Escavalier and Accelgor it wasn't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I think I will do a monotype challenge in my Diamond game, here is the two teams I consider using:

Psychic:

Bug:

(weak, I know, but I like it)

I am leaning towards the bug type, since it is my favorite and the playthrough would be quite challenging.
    I did a bug monotype challenge in my Black game once, but with Pokémon like Leavanny, Escavalier and Accelgor it wasn't that hard.
    I don't think so because with things like Heracross and Scizor almost all Pokemon except maybe fire types will be under constant threat which Armaldo can take out anyway.Yanmega is also a great bug type.

I think Psychic will be more of a challenge as everything except Medicham is vulnerable to Dark Types and if he is taken out,your team may be put under a lot of pressure and he isn't even that good.A better counter IMO would've been Gallade but since you're using Gardevoir I suppose you'll not consider it.

After defeating the 1st gym, i got an egg in the pokemart. I healed up my pokemon and I went south. It was quite a hard route for me with 4 water pokemon trainers. But I did well. I healed up my pokemon and got an Old rod. I went inside the cave where I got Rock Tomb, I gave it to Charmander. I defeated all the trainers and my Cindaquil evolved into a Quilava. I went outside and arrived in Azelea Town. I healed up my pokemon and visited Kurt, he went inside the Slowpoke well. I followed him and defeated team rocket there, which made my Charmander evolve into a Charmeleon. I healed my pokemons and challenged the second gym, which was extremely easy for me. And Bugsy's feared Scyther was no match for me. I healed my pokemon and completely wrecked my Rival with Charmeleon.

Team:

Quilava Level 19
    -Quick Attack
    -Leer
    -Smokescreen
    -Ember

Charmeleon Level 17
    -Ember
    -Smokescreen
    -Dragon Rage
    -Rock Tomb

Numel Level 16
    -Focus Energy
    -Tackle
    -Ember
    -Magnitude
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    I don't think so because with things like Heracross and Scizor almost all Pokemon except maybe fire types will be under constant threat which Armaldo can take out anyway.Yanmega is also a great bug type.

I think Psychic will be more of a challenge as everything except Medicham is vulnerable to Dark Types and if he is taken out,your team may be put under a lot of pressure and he isn't even that good.A better counter IMO would've been Gallade but since you're using Gardevoir I suppose you'll not consider it.
    You may be right, I am gonna do the Psychic monotype challenge.
    I believe I will have hard times when battling things like Jupiter's Skuntank and Cyrus' Murkrow/Hunchkrow.

I'll consider using Gallade instead of Medicham, thanks!

I have SoulSilver, and I'm wondering if I want to do a Monotype Nuzlocke for it....but what type?I'm sort of on Grass/Flying/Fire.Someone give me an opinion out of those three, please.
    , the god of glitches

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Surge View Post
    I have SoulSilver, and I'm wondering if I want to do a Monotype Nuzlocke for it....but what type?I'm sort of on Grass/Flying/Fire.Someone give me an opinion out of those three, please.
    Monotype and Nuzlocke at the same time?

Anyway, I suggest you to try a Fire monotype.

So yeah, I just started the said Psychic monotype challenge and I am yet without Psychics in my team...
    However, I am just waiting for the first opportunity to transfer a Smoochum and Mime Jr.

I also have Ralts and Natu to transfer.
    Girafarig and Meditite will be caught instead of transfered, since they can be easily found on regular tall grasses.

I will edit the post later with updates.

~sorry for the double post~

~edit~

So after beating the first gym with no psychic Pokémon on my team, I transfered Mime Jr. and Smoochun... I must say the user amittal12 was right about the psychic challenge being hard o.o
    That fight against Mars at Valley Windworks was definitely not easy :< Her Purugly kept using Pursuit in my beautiful babies :< The battles in Eterna Forest and Eterna Gyms were quite easy, on other hand, since most of the Pokémon in there are part Poison-types and my Smoochun has Powder Snow to get rid of Flying and Grass-Types. But even so, Gardenia's Roserade wasn't THAT easy to take down. I must say I am enjoying this challenge a lot and the Psychic-Type is earning more of my respect.

So yeah, here is my team as of now:

Mimi, the Mime Jr; Level 18. ~I did not let she evolve to Mr Mime~

Ioga, the Meditite ; Level 20.

Rouge, the Smoochun ; Level 20.

Boxed:

???, the Natu (I don't remember the nickname) ; Level 27.
    I'll be not using she until I start losing battles due to lack of more Pokémon in my team.

Can't wait to catch a Bronzor too :3
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 12th October 2012 at 8:56 PM.

I've decided to start a Water Monotype challenge on SoulSilver version. I was debating whether to use Fire-types or Water-types, but I finally chose the latter when I remembered that Fire-types are lacking in HG/SS. Anyway, I started the game and I chose my character. I headed downstairs and my mom gave me the Pokegear and explained the features and such. I then headed over to Professor Elm's lab and after agreeing to help Professor Elm, I chose Totodile as my Starter Pokemon. I left town after that, and I wandered onto Route 29. I battled some Rattata and Pidgey along the path, and then I picked an Apricorn from a tree. I then arrived at Cherrygrove City, and I got a tour of the city from an old man. I then received the Running Shoes from him along with the Map application for the Pokegear after buying items and healing my Totodile at the local Pokemon Center. I then saved.

- Totodile level 7

My save file is gone and honestly, I can't stand playing DPPt again >_< I finished these games like... a lot of times.
    I am doing a Flying-Type run in my Leaf Green version, after I finish it, I plan to start a Ghost- or Fighting-Type Run in Heart Gold...

PS: The monotype threads are so dead lately :/

Meh. Decided to ditch my Nuzlocke(It's still in my frikkin siggy :P) early and decide on a Monotype.Considering Flying and others... choose, please?

Flying
    ------

Scyther
    Butterfree
    Noctowl
    Pidgeot
    Togekiss
    Crobat

If any other is worthwhile, say so.

Psychic
    --------
    Alakazam
    Slowbro
    Espeon
    Xatu/Hypno
    Exeggutor
    Girafarig/Jynx

Limited resources.

Grass?
    -------

Meganium
    Vileplume/Bellosom
    Sunflora
    Jumpluff(FFFFFFF-)
    Exeggutor
    Victrebell

(So freaking limited.)
    , the god of glitches

Wow, haven't done one of these in a while...

Considering the surprising lack of active challenges, I've decided that, after completing my last playthrough of the game, I am going to replay my copy of Pokemon SoulSilver as a Flying-type Monotype Challenge.

Due to the vast number of Flying-type Pokemon available, however, I plan to make this interesting... in the form of a rotation party that will constantly change with the top six of the assortment used for the Elite Four the first time and the top six once again used for Red at the end.

Wish me luck!

Meh. Decided to ditch my Nuzlocke(It's still in my frikkin siggy :P) early and decide on a Monotype.Considering Flying and others... choose, please?

Flying
    ------

Scyther
    Butterfree
    Noctowl
    Pidgeot
    Togekiss
    Crobat

If any other is worthwhile, say so.

Psychic
    --------
    Alakazam
    Slowbro
    Espeon
    Xatu/Hypno
    Exeggutor
    Girafarig/Jynx

Limited resources.

Grass?
    -------

Meganium
    Vileplume/Bellosom
    Sunflora
    Jumpluff(FFFFFFF-)
    Exeggutor
    Victrebell

(So freaking limited.)
    ...Anyone? Please?
    , the god of glitches

...Anyone? Please?
    I say go with Flying. You can't really get a Psychic-type on HG/SS until after the Zephyr Badge (looking at your Pokemon rosters, that's the game I'm guessing you're using) with Slowpoke and, later on, you can also get Pokemon like Murkrow, Gligar/Gliscor (HG only), Skarmory (SS only) or Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite as well.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast