Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Doing a monotype run on HG with bug types! This should be interesting...
    My HG team:

I'm about to start a poison monotype playthrough on Pearl while I wait for more responses for my HG Scramble.

My team will consist of: Roserade, Crobat, Gengar, Tentacruel, Toxicroak and Drapion. Looking forward to this as it's my first mono run and I'll try to post updates on my progress.
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

Going to start a Flying type team on Platinum since I just finished a bug team on White. Always go for the difficult one! Here's what the team will be:

Tropius

Crobat

Staraptor

Noctowl

Altaria

Pelipper

Let's do this.

Spoiler:- Wild Future:

Here's what I've got

-Choose Chimchar(Best for HM Slave)
    -Catch Starly (Hawkeye) (Real tease for me, perfect nature and IV's)
    -Grinded Hawkeye
    -Got to Jubilife
    -Caught Zubat (Black Widow)
    -Sort of grinded Black Widow
    -Faced Rival
    -At Oreburgh
    -Found Roark

CURRENT TEAM:

Level 12 Starly (Hawkeye)
    -Double Team
    -Wing Attack
    -Quick Attack
    -Return

Level 7 Zubat (Black Widow)
    -SuperSonic
    -Leech Life

More...

-Lost to first trainer in gym
    -Grinded
    -More Grinding
    -Took down both trainers
    -Beat Roark using SuperSonic+Bite, then spamming Double Team and Wing Attack
    -Got back to Jubilife
    -Took down the Galactic Noobs
    -Got to Floaroma
    -Took down guy at WindWorks
    -Took down Galactic chumps at the meadow
    -Waiting until night for HootHoot

Team:

Level 16 Zubat (Black Widow)
    -Bite
    -SuperSonic
    -Astonish
    -Leech Life

Level 16 Staravia (Hawkeye)
    -Wing Attack
    -Return
    -Quick Attack
    -Double Team

I decided to start a Water Monotype challenge on SoulSilver version since I was bored after finishing my last one. I started out as the male character and I headed downstairs and I spoke with my mother. After seeing Lyra and Marill outside, I headed over to Professor Elm's Pokemon lab. I spoke with him and I was allowed to choose a Starter Pokemon to help Elm with the Pokedex. I chose Totodile and I headed out after that. Elm came to give me his Pokegear number before I set off to Route 29. I battled some Pidgey and Sentret as I walked around the route and I headed west towards Cherrygrove City. I arrived and I got a tour of the town from an old man and I obtained the Running Shoes from him as well. I headed over to the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon in there. I wandered over to the Poke Mart to buy some Potions, and I saved the game before leaving town.

- Level 7

Before I begin, a few words.
    A few days ago, I decided to do a monotype challenge on Pearl version. (As I wanted to replay my 4th gen games, this seemed like the perfect opportunity)
    I may double, triple, or even quad post in order to keep this thread alive, I made that mistake with my Black version Nuzlocke. (I also forgot to record my progress at some point, I hope I do not make that mistake again.)
    To those who care, my team after I defeated Ghestis consisted of Light the Chandelure, Clockwork the Golurk, Cholla the Maractus, Medic the Audino, and Truth the Reshiram.
    As I am already a ways in, this part is written from memory. Future entries will be better. I apologize in advance if I forget to record my progress.

--Pearl Version Monotype: Flying--
    I name my character Dave (Again) and do some things, use a turtwig to defeat a starly, and head to Sandgem town.
    I buy some Pokeballs, not wasting time to catch a Starly of my own.
    I ditch TURTWIG once Starly is at a suitable level, and go through the mandatory catching tutorial, despite the fact that I already caught a Pokemon.
    I battle a few trainers (And even lose once! Critical hits!) and get to Jubilife.
    I talk to people, get some items, and am reminded if the fact that Gyrados us water/flying.
    I fish for a bit, and catch a Magikarp.
    North of Jubilife, I catch a Zubat.
    I battle with my friend (Who I named Duncan) with little troubles.
    I get my first gym badge (Which I only won because of my Staravia's Double Team)
    Galactic grunts show up when I go back to Jubilife.
    Seeing an opportunity, I send in Magikarp and let Dawn take care of them, letting the fish soak up exp.
    I get some Super Potions at Florama, and head to Valley Windworks.
    This accomplishes little, because after defeating the grunt blocking the entrance, he locks himself inside, so I have to intimidate the key out of the grunts blocking access to the meadow. (It seems that what Galactic Grunts do best is block passageways.)
    One of the grunts conveniently drops the key, little intimidation required.
    The grunts provide little challenge, but Mars does.
    After that whole fiasco is over, I head up that one route, (Sorry, can't remember the number) level grinding along the way.
    I get to Eterna Forest, and meet Cheryl. (Who is she?)
    I originally thought that the double battles would be a boon, but all Chansey does is get paralyzed by Budew and miss with Egg Bomb.
    I catch a Wumple and hope that it evolves into a Silcoon.
    It does.
    It evolved into a Beautifly at level 14, meaning it missed out on the only flying-type move it learns by level-up.
    ...And this is where is ends.
    Terrible, right? I can try to put in more information next time.
    Next update will probably be on friday night, as I want to catch a Drifloon.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

--Pearl Monotype: Flying--

Did some level grinding, and Magikarp evolved into Gyrados.
    Went back to Valley Windworks and caught a Drifloon.
    Got the Explorer Kit and messed around in the Underground for a bit.
    Then, I head for the Eterna Gym.
    The Trainers within proved little challenge, but Gardenia was quite the opposite.
    Cherubi went down no-sweat, but Turtwig did nothing but raise its defenses, and I made the mistake of having my Beautifly use Stun Spore instead of Poison Sting.
    Roserade just spammed Grass Knot, but eventually fell.
    I also catch a Bidoof to teach Cut to.
    I go to the Galactic Eterna building and defeat a bunch of grunts.
    I defeat Jupiter with just one loss, and get a Bicycle afterwards.
    I defeat trainers while meandering down Cycling Road.
    Golbat evolves into Crobat!
    I explore Hearthome a bit, and decide to end this play session.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Exclamation Pokemon monotype?

Hey People!

So i wanted to do a monotype challenge on platinum, but i got a problem.

What Type?

Please come up with ideas for me. Ill do anything!

PLAYING POKEMON PLATINUM

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrio View Post
    Hey People!

What Type?

Look at the pokedex for the game, and see which types have which pokemon, and make a decision based on early-game availability.

After many shenanagins, I run into my friend Duncan, who then tells me I should be more prepared for battle.
    Roselia and Monferno go down with little effort, but Starly spams Double Team, and Buizel is just a pain.
    Then, I head east of Hearthome, where there are about a truckload of trainers.
    The battles are short and boring. (Just like these entries! Haha, take that, me!)
    I also teach Secret Power to Drifloon.
    I get the Strength HM at the Lost Tower, and then head to Solaceon Town.
    I skim over the town, and head to route 210/215.
    I defeat trainers and collect items, also I buy a bunch of Moomoomilk.
    I evolve Bidoof for better HM capabilities.
    I get to Vielstone, and head to the gym strait away.
    Due to my flying-mono team, the trainers there are not difficult at all.
    Drifloon evolves!
    Neither is Maylene.
    Meditite goes down with a few Gusts from Drifblim, Machoke can barely fight back against Staravia's Aerial Ace, and Lucario falls to Dragon Rage spam from Gyrados.

Afterwards, I team up with Dawn to take down a couple Galactic Grunts.
    The battle is very windy, what with all the Gusts.
    I get the long-awaited Fly HM, and teach it to Drifblim.
    I go south, and explore routes 214/213/Valor Lakefront.
    Not much interesting happens.
    I teach Crobat Cross Poison in Pastoria City, and challenge the Gym.
    Neither the trainers or Wake is a challenge (I think my pokemon are overleveled...)
    His Gyrados gets poisoned by Crobat's Cross Poison, and Floatzel falls to Dragon Rage spam from my Gyrados.
    Quagsire and Drifblim keep countering status moves (He uses Tail Whip when Drifblim uses Stockpile, nullifying the defensive boost) and he never actually lands a hit on Drifblim, seemingly preparing to.
    Drifblim forgets Payback in favor of Ominous Wind.
    I receive the Fen Badge and TM55 Brine!
    I head east, and run into Duncan at a very inconvenient moment.
    I chase down a Galactic Grunt all the way to Valor Lakefront.
    I then get the secretpotion from Cynthia.
    And that's where we'll end this play session!
    Have I been omitting too many details? If so, what should I say?

I did it a while ago alredy, but i started a Water mono run and a Flying mono run. At the water run i am rotatraining too
    Teams in my sig

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrio View Post
    Hey People!

What Type?

Water type! you can choose form a lot of things so it will be easy
    Or the fire type, not capable of taking hits a lot and not much too choose from. It will be hard

Sorry for the double post. I'll try not to do it again
    Last edited by TanBun; 1st July 2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: doublepost

I explore north of route 210.
    The fog does not bother me.
    I get TM30 Shadow Ball, and teach it to Drifblim, in favor of Ominous Wind.
    I teach Brine to Gyrados, in favor of Leer.
    I get to Celestic Town, heal my pokemon, and show a Galactic Grunt who's boss.
    I go in the ruins at the advice of the old lady.
    I get HM03 Surf, which I teach to Bibarel.
    When I go out, Cyrus appears and makes himself look better than he actually is.
    Route 211. Shenanigans ensue.
    Staravia becomes Staraptor, and learns Close Combat.
    I fly all the way back to Hearthome, and challenge the gym.
    I deliberately get the questions wrong, for the sake of training.
    Gyrados learns Aqua Tail.
    Fantina is difficult, but healing items save me.
    Drifblim goes down in a few Bites from Crobat, but Mismagius spams Peybeam, so I have to switch in to Gyrados.
    Gengar faints in a similar manner to Drifblim.
    (Acheivement get: Defeat a gym leader using a single move)
    I get the Relic Badge and TM55 Shadow Claw!
    I go outside, and Cynthia recommends I go to Canalave.
    I was going to do that anyway.
    I fly to Jubilife and go west.
    Wessssssst.
    I decide not to catch a Wingull because I already have a water/flying type.
    I explore Canalave City.
    I get TM48 Skill Swap, buy some Hyper Potions, and rather surprisingly but not inconveniently, I run into my friend Duncan.
    Staravia faints from a couple Cross Poisons from Crobat, Heracross gets OHKOd by Staraptor's Aerial Ace.
    Same for Monferno.
    Buizel goes down in one Shadow Ball from Drifblim, and Roselia with an Ice fang from Gyrados.
    I go to Iron Island.
    Fairly uneventful, but I do get a Riolu egg after defeating a couple of Galactic Grunts.
    If I had done a Fighting-mono...
    And we end here!

Currently, I'm doing a mono Bug run on Pokémon Pearl
    I have two Badges and my current team is unsure, because I've got a ton of Bugs yet do not know which to use mainly.
    My Bugs:
    Sally(Wormadam-Ground) lvl 20
    Vicky(Vespiquen) lvl 25
    Marc(Mothim) lvl 20
    Felicia(Wormadam-Grass) lvl 30
    Orianna(Beautifly) lvl 25
    Eleanor(Wormadam-Steel) lvl 20
    Bella(Kricketune) lvl 26
    Dennis(Dustox) lvl 25
    Not sure on which to use.

I head for the Canalave Gym.
    The trainers there are a bit difficult, due to being resistant to many of my attacks, but eventually we pull through.
    Byron now.
    I attempt to bring down Bronzor with Crobat, which fails. Gyrados defeats it with Dragon Rage.
    A couple Aqua Tails take down Bastiodon.
    Same for Steelix.
    I get the Mine Badge and TM91 Flash Cannon!
    I go to the Canalave Library at the request of Duncan.
    Rowan tells me to go to Lake Valor.
    A predicted explosion rocks the foundations of the region.
    I go and investigate Lake Valor.
    What I see is expected, but shocking nonetheless.
    Galactic Grunts are crawling in a crater that used to be Valor.
    I confront Saturn inside the cave.
    Kadabra is taken down by Crobat's Bite, Bronzor succumbs to Dragon Rage spam from Gyrados, and Toxicroak gets the same.
    I grow weary of documenting my adventures.
    If I ever do another challenge, I will add a little flavor.
    But this is boring.

Although I was doing a Pokémon FireRed monotype, I lost interest after not being able to find a Grimer, so I instead started a Diamond Water Monotype (seeing as Steel types aren't common enough to be done...). I decided on some set rules for the challenge to improve the experience and give me some more challenge (but not much).

1. Pokémon that are not Water type but will become Water type when they evolve are permitted- Bidoof being one case in point.
    2. Taking inspiration from the Nuzlocke challenge, I can't capture two Water types on the same route. For instance, if I catch a Buizel at the Valley Windworks, I can't catch a Shellos in the same area. It must be caught in the Fuego Ironworks, Route 213, or not at all.
    3. The starter must be a part of the team, so if I find that Empoleon is awful, too bad. It stays.
    4. I cannot have duplicates on a team unless I am REALLY stuck for Pokémon.
    5. Tentacruel must show up somewhere on the team. I hated its annoyance, now I get to prove whether it's worth so many showing up at a time.
    6. HM Slaves can be any type.
    7. I can catch other Pokémon, shinies included, but they must never be used. They must be boxed. Unless they're Water type.
    8. As I plan to make Crawdaunt a member of my team, I can only bend the rules and trade ONCE. I love Crawdaunt, and I really don't want to pass up a chance to try it out.

I'm not looking forward to Volkner...

After starting my game again and going through the introductory sequence, I found myself looking into the bag of Pokeballs once more. Having never used Empoleon before, I decided to start the Water Monotype (and especially as I had named my character Splash). It took a VERY short time for my new Piplup to take down the Starly, which lead me to being impressed with my new starter. I had forgotten the amount of cutscenes in the early game, but they were over soon, and I was finally permitted to go to Sandgem Town. Setting out with my Piplup, I tried to avoid grass as much as possible, fearing the potential run-in with a shiny. However, my journey to Sandgem Town went with no problems.

After YET MORE CUTSCENES, I decided to nickname my new Piplup 'Reuben', as, in my opinion, it is quite a regal-sounding name fitting of an Empoleon. Going through the tutorial, I decided to run into the Pokemart and buy my 5 Pokeballs early. Starting to return to Twinleaf, I soon ran into the first Pokémon of my team- Bidoof. Catching it easily, I nicknamed it something that fits its evolution, Bibarel, perfectly- Derpy. (I know I like Bidoof, but seriously, Bibarel does look kind of derpy to me.)

With Reuben and Derpy, I started to train as I returned to Twinleaf. Reuben grew to level 6 and Derpy to level 4, and got the parcel before saving and quitting.

Current Team:

Reuben, level 6
    Derpy, level 4 (I know I like Bidoof, but Derpy's actually quite an entertaining name.)

After much consideration, I have decided a rough plan for the rest of my team:
    Kappa
    Namazu
    Leviathan
    Scourge
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 10th July 2013 at 12:40 PM.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I want to do a MonoType in my HG, but can't decide between Flying, Bug, or Poison, first reply is what I will do. Thanks!
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarro57 View Post
    I want to do a MonoType in my HG, but can't decide between Flying, Bug, or Poison, first reply is what I will do. Thanks!
    I haven't had much experience with Monotypes, but overall, a Poison Monotype is the funnest one I've started so far. Flying, on the other hand, was quite bland, in my opinion- I started one shortly before my Rattata/Raticate run in FireRed and I didn't have that much fun with it.

UPDATE: After training Reuben (Piplup) and Derpy (Bidoof) to level 9 and 7 respectively, I transferred my Corphish egg over from SoulSilver (so it is still technically Splash's...) and then went to fight my rival after it hatched into a Lax female Corphish, which, true to my plans, I nicknamed 'Scourge'. Switching her to the front of my party, I decided to start her training with my rival, Tyson.

Facing his own Bidoof with Derpy, I didn't bother to lower its stats- I merely started Tackling away. It did the same back, nearly fainting Derpy before it went down. Next, I decided to send out Reuben against his Turtwig, and thankfully, I won that battle better than with Derpy. After that battle was completed, I started to train my team further, working my way to Oreburgh. In the process, I got Roark to return to the gym and thus continued to train.

Before the battle with Roark, Reuben and Scourge were level 13, whereas Derpy was level 12 due to a lack of ways to train efficiently. In the battle itself, I started off with Scourge, still making an attempt to train her. She easily defeated the Geodude and Onyx with Bubble, but against the Cranidos, I decided to send out Reuben. He narrowly survived too, with no Water-type moves stronger than Bubble. However, I pulled through, and at last, I defeated the gym leader.

Further on, I decided to use Rock Smash in Oreburgh Gate and catch a Psyduck. I spent the time training my team further.

Team so far:

Reuben, level 15
    Derpy, level 14
    Scourge, level 14
    Kappa, level 14
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 14th July 2013 at 8:24 PM.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

I have claimed Pyroar!

Okay, poison it is! Thank you!
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

Not a problem!

Not much happened recently, except I trained a bit more and reached Floaroma Town. None of my Pokémon gained a level, unfortunately. I plan to be level 16 with all Pokémon before going to the Valley Windworks.

I have claimed Pyroar!

Today, I restarted my Japanese copy of Platinum in order to do a Water monotype challenge, which is something I've been wanting to do for a while.

I chose Piplup as my starter and used it to defeat my rival's Turtwig in battle. I then travelled to Sandgem Town and received the Pokedex from Prof. Rowan. After that, I spent time doing some training. Eventually, I made it to Jubilife City and met Looker. I then headed for the gate leading to Route 218 and obtained the Old Rod from a fisherman. I went out on Route 218, used the rod, and encountered a Magikarp. I caught it and added it to my team. Lastly, I went to the Trainers' School, gave my rival a package, got the Town Map, and battled the trainers there.

Team:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Edit: guess I'll add what I've done since this post...

I left Jubilife and fought and defeated my rival. I battled some other trainers and kept walking until I reached Oreburgh City. After visiting the Pokemon Center, I went to the mines in order to find Roark. When I found him, he went back to the Gym and I did some more training until my Piplup evolved. I then went to the Gym and won my first badge.

After that, I went to Floaroma Town. There, I had to go out to the Valley Windworks and take down some Team Galactic members. Once that was done, I began to head toward the Eterna Forest. On my way there, I caught a Buizel and added it to my team. In the forest, I teamed up with Cheryl and fought the trainers there. When I reached Eterna City, I raised my team's levels a bit and managed to evolve Magikarp.

At the Gym, I defeated the trainers easily. However, I had a tougher time beating Gardenia. I had some bad luck during the battle as she got several critical hits in on me. But then I got my own critical hit and won. Right now, I'm at the Galactic building.

Team:

In the Galactic building, I fought several grunts. When I made it to the top floor, I defeated Jupiter. After that, I was able to obtain a bicycle. I registered the bike and then went and obtained the Explorer Kit. Then, I headed down to Cycling Road.

After I defeated more trainers, I entered Mt. Coronet. There, I saw Cyrus and he talked to me for a while. When that was done, I continued travelling and eventually reached Hearthome City. I went to Bebe's house and obtained Eevee. This Eevee became a member of my team because I plan on evolving it into Vaporeon. After receiving my new Pokemon, I went to the Contest Hall and saw my character's mom there. Then, I talked to Fantina there to get her to go back to the Gym.

I healed my team and headed to the Gym. I beat the trainers there and reached Fantina quickly. The Gym battle wasn't too bad, especially since my Buizel had evolved by then and had learned Crunch. I earned my third badge and then went back to the Pokemon Center. I then left the city. On my way out, I had to battle my rival, who wasn't that tough.

Next, I made my way to Solaceon Town. I went into the ruins there and did some exploring. I found several items, including a Water Stone, though I'm holding off using it on Eevee until it learns some more moves. When that was done, I left and made my way to Veilstone City.

Once I was in Veilstone, I bought a few things at the department store and then went to the Gym. I was a bit concerned about how well I would do against Maylene, since her Lucario had been a little troublesome for me on previous playthroughs. However, I ended up having no problems at all, and won my fourth badge.

Team:
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 28th July 2013 at 8:08 AM.

Sorry for vanishing massively...

After training Reuben to level 16 and the rest to level 14 to deal with the TG Admin, I went to the end of the Windworks (yup, I defeated the members beforehand) and took on the one Admin who always gave me a lot of trouble whenever I fought her. Leading off against her Zubat with Derpy, I used his powers of Rollout to defeat it in a few hits. Thankfully, it had decided not to use Toxic at all, but just used Leech Life. It went down in seconds, and much too soon, I was left fighting against her Purugly.

I decided to take a risk here and keep Derpy on the field so he could continue Rollout. It paid off- although it didn't do much damage, its HP was lowered enough so that I could send out Reuben to finish it off. Having evolved into Prinplup before the battle, I was able to use Metal Claw twice and finish it off.

After my victory, I immediately rand back to Floaroma to heal my team, then continued on up the route. I easily defeated the trainers and started to train my team further in preparation for Gardenia (it's going to be a hard battle, unlike with Volkner, as I can just use Whiscash against him). However, Kappa was beginning to become hard to train, so I decided to train him against wild Pokémon instead of against Trainers. Much to my relief, he eventually reached level 16, and allowed me to continue into Eterna Forest.

Team:
    Reuben, level 18
    Derpy, level 16 (now the nickname fits.)
    Scourge, level 16
    Kappa, level 16

I have claimed Pyroar!

I left Veilstone and headed south down Route 214. On this route, I battled several trainers and increased my team's levels a bit. I got Eevee to level 36, which allowed it to learn Baton Pass. After that, I used my Water Stone on it in order to evolve it into a Vaporeon. I then continued down to the Valor Lakefront.

When I arrived on Route 213, I went fishing in the ocean using a Good Rod I had obtained earlier. I encountered a wild Remoraid and caught it, making it the fifth member of my team. I then made my way to the next town.

In Pastoria City, I healed at the Pokemon Center and then visited the Great Marsh. My first encounter there was a Wooper, which became the final member of my team. After picking up a few items, I left the marsh and went to Route 212 to train for the next Gym. While training, I got my entire team to reach their final evolutions. Later, I will do some more levelling up and then I'll challenge the Gym in Pastoria.

Team:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I did quite a lot of training, battling every trainer on every route I can fight at this point during the game. I managed to get my team to levels 34-36.

When all that training was done, I decided to go to the Gym in Pastoria. However, when I tried to get into the Gym, my rival appeared and challenged me. He was a pushover and so I defeated him easily. I then made my way through the Gym. Eventually, I made it to Crasher Wake. He was easier than I had expected - I defeated him using only Empoleon. I earned my fifth badge and then saved the game.

Team:

When I left the Pastoria Gym, Team Galactic was up to something and I had to follow a grunt. Once we arrived near Lake Valor, I battled the grunt and defeated him. After that, Cynthia showed up and gave me the SecretPotion. I then flew to Solaceon Town and went north to where the road was being blocked by Psyduck. I used the potion and they left.

I then continued north and eventually reached the foggy route. I used Defog to clear away the fog so that I could get through the route easily. I battled the trainers on the route and eventually arrived in Celestic Town. There, I healed my Pokemon and then went to the centre of the town. I fought another Galactic Grunt and then went inside the ruins. While I was in there, Cyrus appeared and I had to battle him. He wasn't that difficult. After defeating him, I obtained the HM for Surf. I taught the HM to some of my Pokemon and then left.

Next, I spent some time getting some items and TMs. First, I went to the Game Corner and bought an Ice Beam TM, which I taught to my Empoleon. I went to the Oreburgh Gate and Wayward Cave to pick up the TMs for Brick Break and Earthquake respectively. Then, I visited Amity Square with Empoleon in order to find the Amulet Coin. I also used Surf in several small bodies of water to find some items.

Then, I flew to Jubilife. I stopped by the Poketch Company and obtained some more apps. I then left and headed to Canalave City. I went to the Move Deleter's house and had my Pokemon forget some HM moves so that I could teach my team some TMs. Next, I'm going to level up my team a bit and then do the Gym.

Team:
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 16th August 2013 at 4:52 AM.

After taking a long break from my Water Monotype Challenge, I decided to resume it for fun. I was in Cherrygrove City and I headed north to Route 30 in order to visit Mr. Pokemon's house. I obtained the Apricorn Box from a man in a house on the route, then I picked a Green Apricorn. I headed north some more until I found Mr. Pokemon's residence and I went inside. I got the Mystery Egg from him and then I met Professor Oak. He gave me the Pokedex and I left the house after speaking with him. I got a call from Professor Elm as soon as I left though, and I rushed back to Cherrygrove City. I healed Totodile, and then I encountered a boy before leaving town. I battled against his Chikorita and I barely one. Afterwards I went into Route 29 and I arrived in New Bark Town quickly. I heard about the stolen Pokemon and I named the mysterious boy from earlier, then I saved after giving Elm the Egg.

- Level 9

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast