Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Default Platinum - Strong as Steel Five: Everything changed when they used Hax

Remember I said I would grind for Fantina? I lied. By the time this nuzlock end my nose will be longer then a sword. Luckily I'm not Cinderella so yeah. She's the doll guy right?

Actually, I did a wee bit of grinding outside Hearthome, but the exp rate is so atrocious that I decided to give up, it's too hard! So heading into the gym, I taught Worma Thief. I had no choice! I needed that SE move... until I realised a STAB Mirror whatever thing hit as hard as that... so that sucks. Whatever, at least I stole her berry and eat it. So anyways, I swept the whole thing so fast it wan't funny. Looks like the only extremely tough thing was that stupid lass with Pain Split. Good thinking, Fantina. Thanks for making me do all the extra work in fear of dying badly during the battle.

In my battle against Fantina, it was easy as pie... well, sort of. She started off with a thing called Duskull, whom Worma handled, albeit a burn was unfortunate. I healed it and then killed it. So after that, she sent out her Haunter, who I literally blew up with haxed Extrasensory. That's for her trying to use Confuse Ray on me. Finally, the thing turns back to Worma. It was all good until she got haxed and got beaten. Mismagius was low on hp and Fantina used both of her potions anyways, so Atlantic swooped in like a master polar bear for the kill.

After healing up and leaving Hearthome, I bumped into my rival. Reflect destroyed his Staravia, albeit the Endeavour when I was delivering the killing blow forced him to stay out. He wasn't needed that much, since Ponyta was put down by Atlantic. Easily destroyed his Grotle with Bug Bite and his Buizel with Bug Bite, another landslide victory for the Steel party: 95.6% steel, 4.5% invalid votes and 0.1% fairy!

Destroying Barry, I forged on, destroying stuff. Well, actually not. There was this stupid thing that paralyzed Reflect who I took out easily. It was pissing when the next trainer had Sweet Kiss, and Reflect, with his punny name, really reflected the blow onto himself. Which sucks. So short story, killed everything else with other critters.

Got to Solaceon. I immediately went to heal and move to the Ruins of Unown. Caught D, M and I there. Don't worry, not planning to be used. I just want the seals. Hey, you can't blame me for fooling around! Worma was being adamant about visiting the ruins, while the naughty Bidoof agreed, since he was pissed for accidentally getting him killed. The bashful Atlantis wanted to object, but she stopped because she doesn't like it when people look at her. So the mild Bronzor was trying to calm me down as I was pissed about Pokemon making decisions for me. Whatever.

Gym Badges: 3

PokeTeam
    (Atlantis)
    Lv. 32 Female/Torrent
    Bashful with Bubblebeam/Peck/Metal Claw/Pound

(Worma)
    Lv. 28 Female/Anticipation
    Adamant with Protect/Thief/Bug Bite/Mirror Shot

(Reflect)
    Lv. 27 Genderless/Levitate
    Mild with Extrasensory/Hypnosis/Iron Defense/Confuse Ray

HM SLAVE

Next time: Veilstone City. Kids, don't gamble. Sadly, I am.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I wandered around the Ilex Forest trying to get the Farfetch'd to their owners but that took a while and I had to battle against wild Pokemon while doing that. I eventually finished the tedious task and I got the Cut HM from the charcoal kiln person. I headed to the tree that was blocking the path and after teaching Cut to my Croconaw, I was able to follow the path that led to the rest of the forest. I eventually spotted one of the Kimono Girls standing around and after speaking with her, I found the exit of the Ilex Forest. I arrived at Route 34 after talking to the people at the gatehouse and I battled some trainers and wild Pokemon in the tall grass. I saved at the Day Care Center after being introduced to the people there.

- Level 20
    - Level 17
    - Level 16
    - Level 17
    - Level 15

Default Platinum - Strong as Steel Five: Third time's the charm

Ah, lol. Enough with fooling around. After finishing my stupid seal quest, I forged on, beating the living daylight out of trainers the next route. Then I got to the rainy place. For some reason there's no Parasol Lady. Does it make sense that no one carries an umbrella in rain but everyone carries an umbrella while the volcano is spitting out stuff?

Upon reaching Veilstone, I healed, then I went to get some coins (the thing was stupid) only to realise I need more money. So then, I took the gym challenge, easily beating all the trainers. However, I was beaten my Maylene and whited out. Man, sucks.

Trying again, I lost. Thank you Drain Punching stuff. At least not as miserable.

Realising the need to grind a bit, I head south, battling trainers and getting everyone into a good level range. It was there when Reflect from a mirror into a bell. Pokelogic strikes again, at least it's not fish -> octopus. Anyways, I taught it Earthquake to handle Lucario. Before that, I backtracked to Hearthome's Amity Square to get my complementary Amulet Coin. Double the money FTW.

It was finally my revenge match against Maylene. Doing the annoying puzzle for the third time, I finally started the battle. I lead with Worma, who Bug Bit it to death. Then she sent out Lucario which I countered with Reflect. Reflect just used Earthquake and destroyed it in two hits (for some reason she had one hp). After that, it was mayhem. Machoke was killed by Reflect with Extrasensory *ching ching*. After beating her, I helped Dawn and got her Pokedex back. The battle could've been easy if my mons didn't confuse hax themselves.

Beating the goons, I just did some random stuff and moved south, while evolving Atlantis into a proud Empoleon. I'm proud of Empoleon, it's still bashful though :l

Gym Badges: 4

PokeTeam
    (Atlantis)
    Lv. 36 Female/Torrent
    Bashful with Brine/Peck/Metal Claw/Pound

(Worma)
    Lv. 34 Female/Anticipation

(Reflect)
    Lv. 35 Genderless/Levitate
    Mild with Extrasensory/Payback/Earthquake/Confuse Ray

HM SLAVE

Next time, on Steel Monotype, rampaging through stuff! (like always) Business as usual.

ASB Squad

I battled a few more trainers along Route 34 before arriving at my destination: Goldenrod City. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, then I shopped at the local Department Store for some items. I headed to the basement of the Department Store as well to pick up items. I headed out to the Game Corner afterwards, then I visited the Bike Shop and I got a Bike for free there. I went to the Radio Tower and I did the survey in order to upgrade my Pokegear with the radio feature. Whitney was there as well and she left after I finished the survey. I didn't want to visit her Gym yet though. Instead I visited the underground area and I battled trainers there, then I trained at Route 34 again to level up my Pokemon.

- Level 20
    - Level 18
    - Level 17
    - Level 17
    - Level 17

Default Platinum - Strong as Steel Seven: Dugtrio Ga Inai Underground

No 'Kami-sama ga inai Nichiyoubi' crap reference?

After beating the daylight out of Maylene and Atlantic evolving into an awesome Empoleon, I head down to Pastoria to get the latest jazz music... I mean gym. So the thing is, Bronzong even with it's not exactly sky-high special attack, pretty much r@ped everything. Reflect/Worma made a good tag team, EQ + Protect and Worma killing whatever's that's left :> And that's how I beat the nice hotel.

Moving south, I just... went south. Then I went Pastoria. I headed West to grind a bit and hoped to teach Worma Sucker Punch (I know it's cultural adaptation but seriously, GF, can't you not name Sucker Punch Sucker Punch because it makes no sense for Wormadam to learn it). BUT NOOOOOO Not enough blue shards. Deciding to dig down, I still didn't get a blue shard. Got a red one instead, and an Iron Plate so I can change Arceus to steel type boost steel moves' damage. Looks like Arceus is on my side <3

I got back to the real world and looool. Went back to Pastoria. I fought Barry, and easily swept him (his Staravia was annoying as heck, since it used Double Team. But on the fifth time, Atlantic just OHKO'd the miserable bird with Brine that's not even full-powered) and OHKO'd everything except Grotle (Grotle was 2HKO'd by Bug Bite from Worma). After that, decided to save and call it a day because parents are telling me to study >_>

Gym Badges: 4

PokeTeam
    (Atlantic)
    Lv. 37 Female/Torrent
    Bashful with Brine/Peck/Metal Claw/Grass Knot

(Worma)
    Lv. 37 Female/Anticipation

(Reflect)
    Lv. 37 Genderless/Levitate
    Mild with Extrasensory/Payback/Earthquake/Confuse Ray

HM SLAVE

Next time (probably after exams), Pastoria Gym + !

ASB Squad

I returned to Goldenrod City after training on Route 34, and I arrived at the Goldenrod City Gym Gym. I battled against the trainers inside as I wandered through the Clefariy-shaped maze, then I finally arrived at Whitney's spot at the back of the Gym. I battled her and I used my Tentacool against her Clefairy. I had Tentacool use Supersonic to confuse Clefairy, then I attacked with Acid. That wasn't enough to beat Clefairy though so I used Slowpoke to finish it off. Whitney used Miltank afterwards and I used Wooper. I endured Miltank's Stomp attack, then Wooper used Slam. I switched to Croconaw just as Miltank used Rollout and I defeated it with Water Gun. I obtained the Plain Badge and Attract TM afterwards.

- Level 21
    - Level 19
    - Level 17
    - Level 18
    - Level 18

I'm gonna do a monotype run on Platinum, but I'm not sure of what type I'll use.
    I was thinking of using electric, normal, or psychic. Any suggestions?
    I have access to P/D/E/LG for trades and I'd also like a suggestion for my "starter", like a Elekid if I go for an electric mono run.

I left the Goldenrod City Gym after winning my third Johto badge there. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and then I headed north through the gatehouse into Route 35. I started walking and I battled some trainers along the route. I walked into the tall grass after beating the trainers and I trained my Pokemon against the wild Pokemon there. I left after training for fifteen minutes and I entered the gatehouse that led into National Park and the Pokeathlon Dome. I visited the latter location first and I spoke to Magnus outside of the Dome. I then entered it and I participated in a course there just for fun. I returned to the gatehouse afterwards and I arrived inside National Park. I saved the game there.

- Level 22
    - Level 20
    - Level 19
    - Level 18
    - Level 19

Default Platinum - Strong as Steel Eight: Vroom Vroom Activity Overload

After a crapload of exams, the Platinum Nuzlock is back because I'm just a now life person!

I was at Barry, mm? After I beat him and his weird haircut, I went into Wake's gym. Unfortunately, he kept critting me so I had to use two MilkMilkMoos which I stocked awhile ago. Still beat him anyways.

I played Tag with a TG Grunt, beat him too. Then I went to the Lost Tower with a Defog/Fly Slave I failed to mention last update, thinking there'd be something good. In the end: It just wasted my time. I flew back to Pastoria and retraced my steps to Hearthome by foot. After spending a little bit of quality time with two rich people by spamming V.S Seeker and Amulet Coin, I got Psychic for Reflect. Yayyy.

And then there's so many 'then' but whatever. Anyways, I quickly killed everything. Oh wait. I meant I went to Solaceon Town upwards to Celestic Town as I fought trainers. It wasn't as annoying thanks to Defog, but I was in a pinch in a double battle. Luckily, I just rampaged through everything after that. Reaching the town, I beat Cyrus. Fora commander of a huge organization for Zubat, Stukny and other mediocre Pokemon, he was pretty weak. Well, I'll be screwed when I go Distortion World and he starts spamming Heat Wave and Earthquake.

I got Surf, and I made a detour to Floroama to get Thunderbolt. Then I went to Fuego Ironworks to retrieve an awesome Magnemite. Named it Striker because Zap Zap Zap. That's when I saved.

Gym Badges: 5

PokeTeam
    (Atlantic)
    Lv. 41 Female/Torrent
    Bashful with Surf/Peck/Metal Claw/Grass Knot

(Worma)
    Lv. 41 Female/Anticipation

(Reflect)
    Lv. 42 Genderless/Levitate
    Mild with Psychic/Gyro Ball/Earthquake/Confuse Ray

(Striker)
    Lv. 29 Genderless/Magnet Pull
    Lonely with Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Sonicboom/Lock-On

HM SLAVE

HM SLAVE

Next time, on Platinum Steel Monotype: Sweeping Fuego Ironwork, and hopefully Iron Island and hopefully Riolu and hopefully canalave gym and hopefully giratina and hopefully cyrus and hopefully.

ASB Squad

Once I had arrived at National Park's interior, I wandered around and I picked up the Quick Claw from a lady. I picked up some other items around the park and I also battled against the various trainers in the area. I was finally able to evolve my Magikarp into Gyarados, and I trained my other Pokemon in the tall grass afterwards. I headed out to Route 36 after that and I picked a Blue Apricorn, then I battled a couple more trainers before encountering the strange tree that was blocking the path to Route 37. I used the Squirtbottle on it and the Sudowoodo attacked. I beat it with Croconaw and Tentacool, then I walked north and I defeated all the trainers on Route 37. I saved the game after picking more Apricorns.

- Level 23
    - Level 21
    - Level 20
    - Level 19
    - Level 20

Default Platinum - Strong as Steel Nine: Mega-Update on the Day of Mega-Pokemon

It's pretty evident that everyone or almost everyone has a hold of XY by now. What do I do? My plans for getting XY is currently as unknown as when the next season of Toaru Majutsu no Index will come out.

Anyways, after getting Magnemite, I actually forgot about Fuego Ironworks and went straight to Canalave. Before that, I did a little grinding and got my dear Strike into a sexy Magneton. Yay for three times the magnetic strength!

After beating Barry into a pulp (no seriously it was a terrible landslide victory... for me duh), I went to Canalave Gym and beat Byron easily. After that, I went 'screw Barry' and went off to Iron Island to train and to get my Riolu.

I actually got two captures at Iron Island - Steelix and Riolu. Steelix was like.... EVERYWHERE. One of the few times Riley's stupid Lucario didn't kill the Steelix I caught it, and named it Steely. To top that off, I got myself a Riolu after clearing the Island. WOOO SExy!

Backtracking to Fuego Ironworks, I used Steelix to beat up some of the trainers and Empoleon for others. After that, I just went here and there in quick succession to hatch the egg. It came out just when my eye feels like burning, so in an attempt to name Riolu Fighter, I named it Fighser instead. I actually liked Fighser, so I won't change it.

Gym Badges: 6

PokeTeam
    (Atlantic)
    Lv. 44 Female/Torrent
    Bashful with Surf/Peck/Metal Claw/Grass Knot

(Worma)
    Lv. 42 Female/Anticipation

(Reflect)
    Lv. 43 Genderless/Levitate
    Mild with Psychic/Gyro Ball/Earthquake/Confuse Ray

(Striker)
    Lv. 41 Genderless/Magnet Pull
    Lonely with Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Sonicboom/Lock-On

(Steely)
    Lv. 42 Male/Sturdy
    Naughty with Dig/Strength/Curse/Iron Tail

(Fighser)
    Lv. 8 Male/Steadfast
    Lonely with Quick Attack/Foresight/Endure/Counter

---

HM SLAVE

HM SLAVE

Next update's kit: PLOT EXPLORATION! (I forgot what happens after library bombing) TO THE UNKNOWN SNOW WORLD. CROSSING PARTS OF A STUPID MOUNTAIN!

ASB Squad

I arrived in Ecruteak City after passing through Route 37. I entered the local Pokemon Center upon arrival and I encountered Bill inside. I spoke to him and he left after talking, and I healed my Pokemon there. I headed out afterwards and I explored the city a bit. I bought some items at the Poke Mart and I visited some houses and I obtained the Dowsing Machine item from a guy. I couldn't enter the local Gym yet though since Morty wasn't around, so I went north to the Burned Tower to find him there. I met him and Eusine inside, then I battled against my rival and two Firebreathers as well. I headed down to the basement of the tower and I spotted the Legendary Beasts. They fled when I approached and then I saved.

- Level 24
    - Level 21
    - Level 21
    - Level 20
    - Level 20

Post Challenger Appears!

So I found I have a lot of time to kill at highschool lately...I have completed a few (undocumented) nuzlockes, but unless beating the game with only your starter the first time you ever picked up a pokemon game, I have never tried a monotype run, so here I am!

Of course, with Ganja in my name, it would seem fitting to go with a grass mono. My game of choice? PLATINUM. And yes, I know exactly what im in for :) this isnt going to be easy, but thats why it´s called a Challenge ! I´ve just started playing, and will probably have an update up in an hour or so.

also, HELLOOOO SEREBII !!
    Last edited by Ganjasaurus; 2nd November 2013 at 7:57 PM.

Lets get this underway.
    Dosen´t matter much, but Player Name : Ganja. Rival : Barry
    After waltzing through the usual intro from Prof. Rowan and dealing with the lovable dose of ADHD that is Barry, I picked Turtwig. Then, Barry inevitably hit me up for a battle after receiving his own mon, Chimchar. When tacklespam was pitted against scratch spam, tacklespam won.

I then went back into Twinleaf town to tell my mum that her only son was about to leave the nest to embark upon a magical weed induced adventure to conquer the region of Sinnoh with a team of grass types. Yeah....didn´t go down so well. I received a vicious backhand from a clearly disapproving parent before setting off.

Prof. Rowan was enthusiastic though, given my little venture across the region was likely to satisfy his Pokedex fetish. Filthy old sod isn´t satisfied with certain pics and vids concerning WailordxSkitty action Prof Birch sent him. Anyway, He said I could keep and nickname my newly acquired mon. And so, HammerTime was christened. That´s all she wrote.

Hope I didn´t go too off track there! Sorry for double posting, but im sure the circumstances make it Ok? P.S. How do i properly insert a small sprite?
    Team Ganja

- HammerTime, Level 9
    Last edited by Ganjasaurus; 10th November 2013 at 1:55 PM. Reason: Inserting sprite.

I advanced to Route 202 and easily beat all the trainers with HammerTime, picking up the Potion before advancing to Jubilife. I headed towards Route 204 and caught my second teamate, Bouquet the Bashful Lv.3 Budew! I left out all the trainers for later though. After grinding Bouquet up to Lv.6 via bait and switch on Route 204, I headed to the Dojo, gave Barry a map and took the X attack on the ground. I bait and switched Bouquet against both trainers with HammerTime easily defeating them. I then completed the quiz to receive the Poketch, and took a break.

Team Ganja

- HammerTime, Level 12
    - Bouquet, Level 7
    Last edited by Ganjasaurus; 10th November 2013 at 1:52 PM. Reason: Replacing a question with an update.

I explored the basement of the Burned Tower some more after the Legendary Beasts departed, then I went back to the Ecruteak City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I then wandered east toward the gatehouse that led to Route 42 and Mt. Mortar. I found the Shadow Claw TM outside of the mountain which would be helpful for later, then I ran into some Hiker who came out of Mt. Mortar and he gave me the Strength HM. I couldn't explore Mt. Mortar fully yet so I went back to Ecruteak City, then I went south to National Park and I participated in the Bug Catching Contest for fun. I won second place, then I went to Route 37 in order to train my Pokemon for the upcoming Gym battle. After 30 minutes I saved.

- Level 25
    - Level 22
    - Level 23
    - Level 21
    - Level 21

I headed towards Route 203 and ran into Barry. He was anxious to prove himself after losing our first battle in Route 201, But his Starly and Chimchar found HammerTime to be too strong. After beating all the trainers on Route 203, I entered Oreburgh Gate. A Hiker approached me and gave me HM06, Rock Smash. He said I would need it on my adventure, but I must first beat the Oreburgh Gym Leader, Roark, in order to use it out of battle. I thanked the Hiker and beat both trainers in Oreburgh Gate. After exiting Oreburgh Gate i found myself in Oreburgh City. i wandered around, finding a few ítems in the process, aswell as the gym. Barry had beat me to the gym, and said that Roark is in Oreburgh Mine. I returned to Jubilife City to find the Quick Claw and saved after returning to Oreburgh.

Team Ganja

- HammerTime, Level 14
    - Bouquet, Level 11

I returned to Ecruteak City after training and I headed to the local Gym. Once inside I taught Shadow Claw to Croconaw since I thought it would be useful against Morty's Ghosty-types. I started to battle against the Gym trainers inside, all of whom were Medium class trainers. They used Ghost-types like Gastly and Haunter which were a bit tricky to beat. I mostly used Gyarados and Quagsire against them, then I challenged Morty. I used Croconaw's Bite against Morty's Gastly, then I used Gyarados against his first Haunter. Bite was enough to beat it, then I used Croconaw's Shadow Claw against Gengar but it survived and used Hypnosis. I switched to Gyarados since Croconaw was now asleep, then after beating Gengar I awoke Croconaw and used him against Morty's second Haunter. I defeated Morty despite the issues and I obtained the Fog Badge and the Shadow Ball TM.

- Level 26
    - Level 23
    - Level 25
    - Level 21
    - Level 21

I want to do a monotype SS run but i don't know what type to choose. (I might not continue after like 2 gyms or so :P)

choose poison! and take the team of Koga rechallenge if possible
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

MAN, it has been a while since I posted here... Well, haven't really made much progress since I only recently just found my SoulSilver cartridge, so may as well continue where I left off!

Team at the start of update:
    (Hayate)
    (Kazaashi, soon to be renamed)
    (Yozora, may be renamed)
    (Reichi)
    (Tampopo, soon to be renamed)

After I did a bit of grinding, ready to take on the Gym Leader, I decided to conquer the mysterious Sprout Tower. Which I did, using my Pidgey, Hoothoot and Zubat as the primary strike force, reaching the top just to see Riku (just as arrogant a jerk as he was when I last met him) defeat the Sage and flee before I could report his presence to the police... Why nobody else did that, I do not know... I thought there would have been a notice out by now, about a thief who broke into Elm's Lab... *sighs* I must remember to look further into this.

So, once Riku had left, I knew the time had come for me and the Sage to do battle... and it was EASY. VERY easy. So, with a rather disappointingly quick victory at hand, I left the Sprout Tower, finally ready to face my idol and inspiration in battle for my first Gym Badge. Just taking those first steps into Violet Gym made my heart soar. As Flying-Type Pokemon swooped down onto my team, as I fought my way through the Gym Trainers, I felt ecstasy flow through my veins. Until finally... I was there.

Face to face with Falkner himself. I knew it wasn't his true Pokemon roster - instead a weaker team assembled for Gym Challengers - but I did not care. I was finally going to battle my role model... and, finally, I would see how I fare up against the Master of the Skies...

VS. Falkner

The first Pokemon he released was his Pidgey. Smaller than mine, no doubt, but that did not mean it was any less efficient in battle, so I retaliated with Reichi. My first objective was to lull it to sleep with Hypnosis, which I did, before delivering a swift Peck barrage. However, Pidgey woke up after the first Peck attack before it began to lower Reichi's accuracy with a Sand-Attack. In spite of this, he persevered until Reichi managed to connect one last Tackle to finish the job.

Next came Pidgeotto. And I knew, just by the glare in its eye, that this would be far from easy. I recalled Reichi, deciding to lead the assault with Kazaashi. However, to my dismay, she was not fast enough. While she landed two hits with Fury Attack, a Critical Hit Gust soon grounded her.

So, next, I brought Reichi back out, his Accuracy back to normal. However, his first attempt of Hypnosis missed, giving Pidgeotto an opening for a Tackle. The second time, in contrast, I got lucky, and began to try and hit as hard as I could with Peck. After two turns, to my misfortune, Pidgeotto awoke and healed itself with Roost. From there, it finished off Reichi with a Gust once more. So, I decided now was the time to sic my first Flying-Type on him... and sent out Hayate to do battle with his own evolved form.

It was intense. Pidgeotto was faster, but Hayate was determined. Gusts and Tackles were exchanged, with Pidgeotto occasionally healing with Roost, until - once it looked like Falkner was going to heal Pidgeotto again with Roost - I remembered my Pidgey had one advantage that Pidgeotto did not--Quick Attack. Without hesitation, I used the attack... and, finally, Pidgeotto fell. It was amazing! I had defeated Falkner, and he even acknowledged that he was impressed as he handed me the Zephyr Badge and a TM for Roost!

ZEPHYR BADGE OBTAINED!

After I left Violet Gym, Professor Elm called me up regarding Mr. Pokemon's Egg. Before I could ask him why he had not sent notices about Riku, however, he hung up. Oh well... So, after heading to the Poke Mart to restock, I found Professor Elm's aide waiting for me with the Egg in question, asking if I could take it with me. An Egg? A Pokemon I can hatch and raise from infancy, to one day take to the skies, as I am sure it will do? How could I refuse?! I accepted without a second's hesitation and became the proud owner of a Pokemon Egg, boxing Spearow so I could take it with me, before heading down on my journey towards Azalea Town.

After battling the Trainers on Route 32, the highlights of the long road including obtaining a Miracle Seed and the TM for Bullet Seed, which I used on my Hoppip, in order to make the little guy more battle-ready, I received a Fishing Rod from a local fisherman and decided to catch... a Magikarp. Yes, I know, some call 'em useless, but just you guys wait... He'll be flying with the rest of 'em in no time, I'm sure of it! So, with my new buddy (who I will name when I reach Goldenrod) at hand, I headed towards the Union Cave...

And will go through there, after a short break at the Pokemon Center...

CURRENT PARTY:

Hayate/Pidgey Lv. 15
    Nature: Serious
    Personality Trait: Capable of taking hits
    Hold Item: N/A
    - Tackle
    - Sand-Attack
    - Gust
    - Quick Attack

Yozora/Zubat Lv. 13
    Nature: Rash (+Sp.Atk, -Sp.Def)
    Personality Trait: Somewhat vain
    - Leech Life
    - Supersonic
    - Astonish
    - Bite

Tampopo/Hoppip Lv. 12
    Nature: Lonely (+Atk, -Def)
    Personality Trait: Somewhat vain
    Hold Item: Miracle Seed
    - Bullet Seed
    - Synthesis
    - PoisonPowder
    - Tackle

Reichi/Hoothoot Lv. 11
    Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Sp.Atk)
    Personality Trait: Loves to eat
    - Tackle
    - Peck
    - Foresight
    - Hypnosis

Magikarp Lv. 10
    Nature: Rash (+Sp.Atk, -Sp.Def)
    Personality Trait: Loves to run(?)
    - Splash
    -
    -
    -

I left the Ecruteak City Gym after I defeated Gym Leader Morty and his Ghost-type Pokemon and earning myself the Fog Badge. I healed my team at the local Pokemon Center, then I headed north to the Dance Theater place. I saw a Team Rocket grunt who was harassing a Kimono Girl inside, and I battled and beat his weak Koffing with Slowpoke and he left the building. A man walked up to me and gave me the Surf HM for my heroic achievement, and I left to National Park afterwards. I participated in the Bug Catching Contest for fun, then I stayed at National Park to train my Pokemon some more. I headed back to Ecruteak City and I saved the game when I walked through the gatehouse and arrived at Route 38.

- Level 27
    - Level 24
    - Level 25
    - Level 22
    - Level 22

I'm doing a monotypechallenge (poison) and this is whati've done:

Just all of the starter stuff, beating the sprout tower and i have FINALLY beat falkner after losing 5 times.

My team so far:

Stinger: lvl13
    Church: lvl10
    Fire: lvl11
    Rapper:lvl10

I walked along Route 38 and battled against a Bird Keeper nearby before arriving at a White Apricorn tree. After getting a White Apricorn from it, I headed into the tall grass and battled many wild Pokemon including several Magnemite which were annoying to beat given that my team was all Water-types. I battled trainers after leaving quickly to Ecruteak City to heal my Pokemon, and I registered a couple of said trainers in my Pokegear for rematches later. I wandered into Route 39 after traveling on Route 38, and I met Safari Warden Boaba there. I got his Pokegear number and I battled a few more trainers on the route before arriving at MooMoo farm. I fed Oran Berries to the sick Miltank in the stable and saved.

- Level 28
    - Level 25
    - Level 25
    - Level 23
    - Level 23

Okay, I have... sort of gone so far in SoulSilver on my Flying run, that I am not even sure how to recount it at this point... ^^; So, instead, I will start another Monotype run on another Gen IV game. Either HeartGold, Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, I can do them all...

But I wanted to ask if anyone had any suggestions for a good Type to run with? Please do not say Bug, however, as a friend of mine is doing a similar challenge on his copy of SoulSilver.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast