Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

@Shiny I can't wait to see what your next member is o.o

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

I headed towards the route east of Hearthome when my rival surprised me with a battle. My Fighting Pokemon took care of his team easily though so it wasn't to bad. I continued on the route and after defeating all of the trainers I made it to Solaceon Town. I quickly went to the Solaceon Ruins and grabbed the HM Defog from the bottom level and then went to the Lost Tower. I made my way to the top and then went back down after my training was done. I went north of Solaceon and spammed the trainer who uses Happiny for experience for a little while. Once I was done I continued my quest. It started raining once I got to the next route so I had to trudge my way through that. Eventually all of the trainers were defeated and I had arrived in Veilstone City, where I took a break. My team is at Lv 33.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I walked towards Cyrus, and we began to battle. He sent out his Honchkrow first, and I used my Gyarados against it. I had Gyarados use Ice Fang, and that injured Honchkrow, but it wasn't enough to defeat it. Honchkrow used Dark Pulse, and I had to use Ice Fang once more to defeat it. Once Honchkrow was finally down for the count, I swapped out to Gastrodon when Cyrus sent out his own Gyarados. I had my Gastrodon use Rock Tomb, and that was enough to defeat Gyarados. I then used my Floatzel against Cyrus's Crobat. I attacked it with Ice Fang, but Crobat was able to stick around. Floatzel got confused because of Confuse Ray, so I had to use Golduck against Crobat instead. I beat it with Confusion, then I used Empoleon against Weavile. I defeated it with Flash Cannon, then Cyrus lost the battle.

- Empoleon level 48
    - Gyarados level 45
    - Golduck level 45
    - Floatzel level 45
    - Bibarel level 44
    - Gastrodon level 44

I entered the Veilstone Gym after talking with Professor Rowan's aide and Crasher Wake. Meditite started off fighting the trainers and I switched to Heracross after Meditite grew a level. Once the four trainers were defeated I took on Maylene. I used Meditite against Meditite and my Meditite took out hers after mine used Hi Jump Kick twice. Next was Machoke vs Machoke. Again mine won after using Vital Throw twice. She sent out Lucario and I tried Monferno but she got a critical hit which knocked Monferno out. So I sent in Machoke who defeated it with a Low Kick/Vital Throw combo. I got the badge and TM and left.

I had to get a Pokedex back from Team Galactic before Looker showed up and helped me get the HM for Fly. Once that was taken care of I headed to Pastoria while avoiding every trainer along the way. Once I was in the city I went straight to Route 212 and searched the grass until I found my next team member, a Croagunk. I flew back to Veilstone and saved.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Once Cyrus was defeated, I was told that I had to defeat/capture Dialga, otherwise it would continue to distort time around the Sinnoh region. I walked up to it, and I challenged it to a battle. I used Empoleon against it, and I managed to get its HP down to the red zone after hitting Dialga with some attacks. I was planning on capturing Dialga, but then I remembered that I wouldn't be able to use it during this monotype challenge anyway, so I defeated it instead. Once it was defeated, peace was restored to the Sinnoh region. Professor Rowan thanked me for everything I did, and I left to Oreburgh City. I took care of business there, then I flew to Pastoria City. I headed over to the area near Lake Valor Lakefront, and I saved shortly after entering Route 222 on my way to Sunyshore City.

- Empoleon level 48
    - Gyarados level 45
    - Golduck level 45
    - Floatzel level 45
    - Bibarel level 44
    - Gastrodon level 44

I finally got around to doing the Oreburgh Gym today on Diamond. First, I had to go to the mine to get Roark to go back to the Gym. After that, I too went to the Gym where I fought both of the Youngsters using my Bibarel. I healed, then went back and challenged Roark. I easily took down Geodude and Onix with Bibarel's Water Gun. I then decided to send out Staravia against Cranidos, just to give myself a challenge. I spammed Double Team and Growl over and over again, then started attacking with Wing Attack.

Eventually, Staravia managed to win (with like 6HP left)! It was definitely one of the most memorable first Gym battles I've ever had. Once I got the Coal Badge and Stealth Rock TM, I went to heal and then saved.

Team:
    level 16
    level 15

I went south of Veilstone and defeated all of the trainers there. I ended up using an Exp Share on Croagunk so that both it and my other team members could get experience. Near the end of the route I was on I found a trainer who used Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon. I spammed him for a little while because his Pokemon gave out a lot of experience and in doing so Monferno evolved into Infernape! I made my into the Grand Lake Hotel area and battled the trainers dining there. I then went towards Pastoria and battled the few trainers on the beach. I arrived in Pastoria, healed, and realized how close Meditite was to evolving so I went back to the trainer with the Eeveelutions and battled him until Meditite evolved!

With my new Medicham I went back to Pastoria and realized I had no good moves to take on Water types so I taught Medicham Thunderpunch via Move Relearner. I then went to the gym but my rival appeared and we had a battle. Medicham knocked out Staravia with a single Thunderpunch so he decided the smart thing to do would be to send out Prinplup. I switched to Machoke though and slowly took it out with Vital Throw. I used Infernape's Flame Wheel against Roselia and then Heracross took out Ponyta with a Brick Break. He left so I healed and entered the Pastoria Gym.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Well a lot happened, considering I haven't posted in a while here is what happened:

I continued training until they where strong enough to stand a chance against Morty. First was his Gastly was defeated by my Exeggcute. next up was the level 21 Haunter which got taken care of aswell by my Exeggcute. Then was his Gengar which after a few Surfs from my Lombre got defeated. Then his level 23 Haunted was a piece of cake.

Then I traded over a Tropius and Lileep egg, let them both hatch and stored the Lileep for now in the box for now.

I went to Cinawood Island defeated eusine there. I challenged the gym. (which seemed easy because my team was overleveled)
    When I was defeating the trainers Bayleef --> Meganium.
    First up his Primeape which used a few Double teams so basicly all my attacks missed, luckily I got a Critical hit with my Lombres surf.

His Poliwrath Defeated my Lombre but my Meganium took care of his Poliwrath

After that I teached my Tropius Fly and defeated all the trainers on the Safari Zone Route.

Then I challenged Jasmine My Meganium took care of 1 Magnemite
    And again my Lombre saved me by defeated both the other Magnemite and her Steelix. After that I leveled up my Pokemons (and took Lileep out of the box. My Cacnea --> Cacturne and I let Lombre evolve with a Water stone I got Lombre Ludicolo

Still training. Saved.

Team

Tropius level 29
    -Razor Leaf
    -Fly
    -Stomp
    -Sweet Scent

Lileep level 20
    -Rock Tomb
    -Ingrain
    -Acid
    -Astonish

Ludicolo level 32
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Surf
    -Absorb
    -Nature Power

Cacturne Level 32
    -Absorb
    -Faint Attack
    -Drain Punch
    -Pin Missile

Exeggcute Level 29
    -Uproar
    -Sleep Powder
    -Bullet Seed
    -Confusion

Meganium Level 33
    -Petal Dance
    -PoisonPowder
    -Reflect
    -Synthesis
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 18th September 2011 at 3:24 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I entered Route 222, and I headed east. I encountered the first trainer along the route, and I battled against him. I was able to defeat him easily, then I trained my Pokemon in the tall grass. After about 15 minutes, I continued to make my way towards Sunyshore City. I battled some Fishermen-class trainers near the shore, then I battled some of the other trainers around the route. I visited the house with the Pikachu, and I battled a little girl who was disguised as a Pikachu. I eventually made it to the end of the route, and I entered the gate that led to Sunyshore City. I met Flint of the Sinnoh Elite Four there, and he told me to challenge Volkner in order to re-spark his passion for battles. I then headed over to the Sunyshore City Pokemon Center to heal my injured Pokemon.

- Empoleon level 49
    - Gyarados level 45
    - Golduck level 46
    - Floatzel level 45
    - Bibarel level 45
    - Gastrodon level 45

I started fighting all of the gym trainers using Heracross and Medicham. Once they were all defeated I went back to the Pokemon Center to heal and then went to face Crasher Wake. I started off with Medicham who took out Gyarados with Thunderpunch. He sent in Floatzel so I switched to Machoke. Machoke brought Floatzel to the yellow before fainting to a Brine attack so Heracross went in and used Brick Break to finish it off. Infernape went up against Quagsire and knocked it out after a few Close Combat's. Crasher Wake gave me my 5th badge and as I exited the gym my rival appeared and then there was an EXPLOSION!!!

A Galactic Grunt had set a bomb in the Great Marsh and ran away after the explosion. I gave chase and when I caught up with him I defeated him in a battle. Cynthia then appeared and gave me some medicine to give to a bunch of random Psyduck's. I went back to Pastoria and then headed west of the city and fought the trainers there. Croagunk evolved after one of these battles! Soon I was out of the marsh and rain and at the Backlot mansion. I battled the Clefairy trainers there before heading north to Hearthome. I then went east to Solaceon Town and made my way to where the Psyduck's were. I used the medicine and they ran off. Cynthia showed up (Why couldn't she have used the medicine?) and gave me a charm she wanted me to deliver to her Grandmother in Celestic Town but I took a break before heading out.

Current Team
    Last edited by Drummerdude; 25th September 2011 at 9:57 PM.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Because I have inexplicably never chosen Piplup as my starter, I will be doing a steel monotype. Edit to follow soon.
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

Hmm a Steel Monotype Challenge huh? I think I may consider doing one of those in Platinum.
    I'm open to almost any kind of challenge. I'm trying to figure out what type I should use in SoulSilver...
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

^

Good luck to both of you! I'm in the middle of my Steel Platinum mono. I've got 7 badges so far and I'm training my last Pokemon. Expect an update soon, btw.
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

I headed north and defeated the three ninja's hiding in the grass. Then I had to fight my way through the fog as I made my way towards Celestic Town. After battling them all in the fog I arrived in the quaint little town. There was a Galactic Grunt who threatened to use a bomb but I beat him easily. I entered a cave in the middle of town and looked at some cave paintings before Cyrus showed up and battled me. Machoke defeated his Sneasel with a Vital Throw, Medicham took out Murkrow with Thunderpunch, and Infernape wiped the floor with Golbat. Cyrus left and Cynthia's grandmother gave me Surf. I flew to Jubilife and headed towards Canalave.

I defeated the four trainers west of Jubilife before entering Canalave City. When I entered I healed my team and took on my rival. Every single Pokemon he used fell to one attack from my Pokemon. He ran away and then I headed to Iron Island. I got the Strength HM from Riley. I saved after that.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Platinum has some pretty good Steel types. Empoleon, Steelix. Bastiodon, Wormadam (Trash), Bronzong, Lucario, Probopass, Magnezone and Scizor. (Well maybe not Wormadam)
    Metal Coat is hard to come by before the Elite Four (5% chance on Magnemite, Magneton, Steelix, Bronzor and Bronzong) but since Steelix can be found in the wild and since you have to trade them to evolve anyways, you can just get one from HeartGold or SoulSilver to evolve Scyther.

Ground is also another good type to use. There's Torterra, Golem, Steelix, Wormadam (Sandy), Gastrodon, Whiscash, Garchomp, Quagsire, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Rhyperior and Mamoswine. (Again, why would you use Wormadam?)
    Hippowdon is definitely one you want to use. Mamoswine too. And thanks to the changes in Platinum, you can get Gible and TM26 Earthquake after 2 Badges and beating Team Galactic in Eterna City. I'll probably do a Ground Monotype Challenge in Platinum next.

Torterra
    Hippowdon
    Gliscor
    Rhyperior
    Mamoswine
    Quagsire

What? No Garchomp? Are you serious bro? Yep! I want to try Quagsire and Rhyperior since I haven't used those much and Mamoswine and Gliscor are too good to pass up. Gliscor has Sand Veil, Rhyperior has that 50% SpDef boost in the Sandstorm and Mamoswine is so awesome and just destroys Cynthia's Garchomp. Quagsire is a good wall but I have to get one from HGSS if I want Recover on it. Garchomp is way too powerful and way overrated and overused. It's barely a challenge with it.
    Monotype Challenges are all about trying out Pokemon that you haven't used much or at all. Quagsire is an example of this.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Drummer , When you doing grass monotype cuz i see in your signature you have done

I left the Sunyshore City Pokemon Center after healing my Pokemon there, then I wandered around town. I visited the local Seal shop, and I bought some Seals for my Poke Ball capsules. I also visited the Poke Mart, and I bought some items that would be useful for the Sunyshore City Gym battle. I met Jasmine of Olivine City at the shore north of town, and then I headed to the Sunyshore City Gym. Flint was there, and he told me that I had to find Volkner first. I headed to the Vista Lighthouse, and I took the elevator to the top of the lighthouse. I met Volkner there, and he talked about how none of the recent challengers at the Gym had been challenging. He left the lighthouse after that, and I headed back down as well. I made my way back to the Sunyshore City Gym, and I was finally allowed to enter.

- Empoleon level 49
    - Gyarados level 45
    - Golduck level 46
    - Floatzel level 45
    - Bibarel level 45
    - Gastrodon level 45

Quote Originally Posted by Doxik View Post
    Drummer , When you doing grass monotype cuz i see in your signature you have done
    He done a Grass Mono on Black or White before. Seeing as no-one reads the 5th Gen Mono Thread, Not many people know.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

I entered the Sunyshore City Gym, and I began to battle the various trainers inside. I faced a little girl who was dressed as a Pikachu, and I fought against her team, which predictably, consisted of Pikachu. I also fought against several Ace Trainers as I moved around the Gym. I tried to solve the Gym puzzle as quickly as I could, but I had to battle some Guitarists before that could be accomplished. One of them used a Luxio, and I had trouble against it. I then faced another Guitarist who had a Raichu, and Floatzel lost to it. I finally defeated all the Gym trainers, but I had to leave to heal my Pokemon. After I left the Pokemon Center, I headed out to Route 222 to train my Pokemon against the wild Pokemon in the area since I didn't think they were as tough as they should be for the battle against Volkner.

- Empoleon level 50
    - Gyarados level 45
    - Golduck level 46
    - Floatzel level 46
    - Bibarel level 45
    - Gastrodon level 46

When I entered Iron Island I went down the left set of stairs first and defeated the trainer there. I then went to the right stairs and battled a trainer before going down a lift. I went to the right of the lift and battled two miners before heading left of the lift. Inside that room was Riley who asked me to help him calm the Pokemon in the area or something. I used this opportunity to train everyone on my team a lot! They were all Lv40 when I went in and when I finished fighting everyone they were at Lv45. Once I beat the Galactic goons Riley gave me an egg. I exited Iron Island and went back to Canalave. I spent forever running around until finally the egg hatched into my last team member, Riolu! (Oh like you didn't already know who my last team member would be). I took a break after I hatched the egg.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

It's so awesome that you got Riolu Drummer. They're so awesome! (Even though you're going to evolve it...)

EDIT: I started my Ground Monotype Challenge a little while ago and I'm just about to face Roark right now.
    Alright he sends out his Geodude while I send out Turtwig. I used Razor Leaf and it gets a critical and takes out Geodude with ease. Turtwig levels up to 15.
    Now he sends in his Onix. It outspeeds me and uses Rock Throw which does only 6 damage and I used Absorb which it barely survived and I got that HP back. Roark then used a Potion on Onix and I finished it off with Razor Leaf.
    Finally in comes Cranidos. It starts off with Headbutt which does 13 Damage and flinches Turtwig. It uses Headbutt again (13 Damage) and flinches Turtwig again. Then it uses Headbutt once again (14 Damage) and I didn't flinch and survived with 4 HP and then I used Razor Leaf and it OHKOs Cranidos. Turtwig levels up to 16.
    I obtain the Coal Badge and get TM76 Stealth Rock.

Current Team
    Turtwig Lv16

I'll probably only update on the Gym Leader and Elite Four battles

Since Swinub isn't available for a long time and the only way to get Wooper with Recover is to get one from HGSS, I'll be trading them over...I will get Gligar, Hippopotas and Rhyhorn since they aren't too far in the game. Gligar after 2 Badges and the others after 3. Swinub is after 6 and several other events with Galactic...yeah not waiting that long, my Pokemon will be around the high 30s and low 40s by then...

________
    EDIT:
    My first experience truly using Wooper was really fun! It Toxic Stalled Mars' Purugly and won pretty easily. I'm glad I chose Wooper instead of Gible or some other Pokemon. It's too bad I can't use the same strategy against Jupiter's Skuntank...that's gonna be pretty tough. Oh well.
    I'm in Eterna Forest right now and Cheryl is following me, healing my Pokemon while I'm doing some training (How nice of her). My Wooper just evolved into Quagsire too and I'm training Swinub now. Gardenia will be tricky as Swinub and Quagsire won't be able to do much especially Quagsire...Swinub can get in an Ice Shard before it goes down though.

Current Team
    Grotle Lv18
    Quagsire Lv20
    Swinub Lv16

Just beat Gardenia and got the Forest Badge and TM86 Grass Knot. I pretty much spammed Curse and swept with Grotle. Yeah, that's about it.

Current Team
    Grotle Lv23
    Quagsire Lv21
    Swinub Lv21
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 21st September 2011 at 6:01 PM.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

I trained on Route 222 for about 30 minutes, then I returned to Sunyshore City. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, then I returned to the Gym. I solved the Gym puzzle once again, and I challenged Volkner once and for all. He sent out his Raichu first. I sent out my Gastrodon, and I was able to defeat Raichu with Earthquake. I then faced off against Volkner's Octillery, and I used Golduck against it. I had it use Psychic, and that was enough to defeat Octillery. I kept Golduck in the battle when Volkner sent out his Luxray, and I had Golduck use Dig. Sadly, that attack didn't work out as well as I wanted, and Golduck lost to Luxray's Charge Beam attack. I used Gastrodon to defeat Luxray, then Volkner used Ambipom. I defeated it with Gyarados's Surf attack, and I won the Beacon Badge from Volkner.

- Empoleon level 51
    - Gyarados level 47
    - Golduck level 47
    - Floatzel level 46
    - Bibarel level 46
    - Gastrodon level 48

Jupiter's Skuntank was much easier than I thought. Quagsire took it's attacks easily and 2HKOed with Mud Bomb.
    Alright I'm about to face Fantina right now...
    She starts off with Duskull and I send out Grotle. I start off using Curse to raise my Attack and Defense while lowering my Speed and it uses Pursuit for some reason. It outspeeds me this time and uses Future Sight and I used Bite to OHKO it.
    In comes Mismagius. It uses Confuse Ray and I hurt myself in Confusion. It then uses Shadow Ball which gets a Critical and faints Grotle...great <_<
    I send in Swinub. I used Ice Shard and it then uses Confuse Ray again. I hurt myself in confusion again and Mismagius faints Swinub with Magical Leaf. Not looking good for me...
    Quagsire comes in. Mismagius used Magical Leaf and Quagsire survives and used Dive. And Dive hits a Critical and faints Mismagius! Whew...
    Finally it's Haunter. Since I know it's fast I use a Super Potion and Haunter uses Shadow Claw which gets a Critical. It uses Shadow Claw again and I use Recover. It tries Hypnosis but misses and I used Dive. It hits and almost faints Haunter. Fantina uses a Super Potion and I used Dive again. Dive almost faints it again. Haunter then uses another Shadow Claw and I used Dive again to finish it off! Quagsire levels up to 27.

I obtain the Relic Badge and TM65 Shadow Claw. I saved after a tough battle.

Current Team
    Grotle Lv26
    Quagsire Lv27
    Swinub Lv26
    Gligar Lv18

EDIT: I just noticed...where the heck did that Future Sight go? I guess it would have struck at the end of the turn when Grotle Fainted so it was negated. Hmm.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 22nd September 2011 at 7:44 AM.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Riolu did not want to evolve. I got it massaged, I gave it the Soothe Bell, I gave it vitamins, and I leveled it up. Then I remembered Riolu does not evolve at night, which was when I was playing thanks to college. Woops. I woke up this morning and finally evolved Riolu into Lucario! I then headed north of Solaceon to train it against the guy with Happiny but the trainer never wanted to battle. So I decided to go the Fuego Ironworks to explore a little so I slapped the Exp Share on Lucario and battled the few trainers inside. I saved before departing to find the trainer south of Veilstone who uses Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Facing Maylene right now.
    She starts off with Meditite and I use Grotle. Meditite uses Fake Out which flinches Grotle. Then it uses Drain Punch and I then used Razor Leaf which gets a Critical Hit and OHKO's Meditite. I actually was saying "Come on Critical" and it got it LOL. Grotle Levels up to 32! It tries to learn Leech Seed but I didn't want it.
    In comes Lucario and I send in Gliscor. Lucario starts of with Metal Claw which doesn't do much and I used Earthquake which OHKOs Lucario!
    Finally in comes Machoke! It uses Karate Chop which gets a Critical and I use Dive. Machoke then uses Strength and I dive underwater again and hit it next turn. I was expecting a item use here so I try using Recover but Machoke just attacks with Karate Chop but it doesn't faint me anyways so I healed myself. It uses Focus Energy and I try Mud Bomb but misses. (Seriously, this doesn't hit when you really want it to). Next turn Machoke uses Strength and I finish it off with Mud Bomb (Finally it hits).
    Grotle evolves into Torterra! It tries to learn Earthquake which I let it learn by replacing Mega Drain!
    I obtain the Cobble Badge and TM60 Drain Punch!

Current Team
    Torterra Lv32
    Quagsire Lv31
    Swinub Lv31
    Gliscor Lv31
    Rhyhorn Lv30
    Hippopotas Lv30
    Now I finally have a true all Ground type team!

He starts off with Gyarados and I lead with Quagsire! Gyarados uses Waterfall for some odd reason but because of Water Absorb, it does nothing and I poison it with Toxic! Then it uses Bite and I use Dive which doesn't do much but I need it to stall. It bites again and I use Recover. More poison damage. Bite again and I use Dive. Wake uses a Hyper Potion. I think you know where this is heading, Gyarados faints from Toxic. Quagsire levels up to 32!
    Next up is Floatzel and I keep in Quagsire. I go for my Toxic Stall but it uses Ice Fang which actually Freezes me but I defrosted on the same turn but I also get Flinched?! OMG! It then uses Crunch and I finally get in Toxic! You know where this is heading...Eventually Floatzel faints from Poison. I had to keep using Recover because Crunch lowered my Defense twice...
    Finally in comes his own Quagsire. I'm not going to waste any time with this so I send in my Torterra to OHKO it with Razor Leaf!
    I receive the Fen Badge and TM55 Brine! 5 Badges down, 3 to go!

Current Team
    Torterra Lv33
    Quagsire Lv32
    Swinub Lv32
    Gliscor Lv31
    Rhyhorn Lv30
    Hippopotas Lv30
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 23rd September 2011 at 8:32 AM.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast