Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

I went down Cycling Road and fought all the trainers for experience. Once I finished, I moved on towards Route 207 where I met Dawn. She gave me the Dowsing Machine app for my Poketch as well as the Vs Seeker (yes!). After she left, I continued and fought some more trainers. Then, I headed into Mt. Coronet. Inside, I met Cyrus who talked to me for a little bit before leaving. I then got out of the cave pretty quickly, ending up on Route 208 where I trained some more and visited the Berry Master's house. After that, I headed into Hearthome City.

Team:
    lv.24
    lv. 23
    lv. 24

About to head to Mt Coronet right now. Oh what? Rhydon needs 1 Experience Point to level up? Hahaha! Well I taught it Surf because I'm not giving it to Quagsire.

...Should have brought Repels...oh I got a few here. Thank goodness. Found a Max Repel. Great! Gonna edit this post during my climb.

Oh cool! TM80 Rock Slide! I'll definitely use that sometime.

Gotta love Looker's theme. And he gives me a Black Flute...Useless Item is useless. I use it and it barely makes a difference with Wild Encounters.

Oh man...I freaking LOVE this theme in Mt Coronet!

Silly Grunts, do you even think you have a chance against me? Just get out of my way!

Alright! It's time to face the Galactic Commanders Mars and Jupiter with Barry by my side.
    They both send out Bronzor while I send out my Gliscor and Barry sends out Munchlax.
    I start off with Swords Dance. Jupiter's Bronzor uses Extrasensory on Gliscor while Mars' uses Light Screen and Munchlax uses Screech on Mars' Bronzor.
    I use another Swords Dance and both Bronzors use Extrasensory on Munchlax and Munchlax uses Stockpile.
    I then use X-Scissor on Mars' Bronzor and it OHKOs it. Jupiter's Bronzor uses Extrasensory on Gliscor and Munchlax Stockpiles again.
    Mars sends in her Purugly. It uses Slash on Munchlax and I hit it with Night Slash which almost takes it out and it uses a Sitrus Berry. Bronzor uses Reflect and Munchlax uses Stockpile again.
    Purugly Slashes Munchlax again and I use Swords Dance one more time and Bronzor uses Extrasensory on Gliscor and Munchlax heals itself to full health with Swallow. Light Screen wears off.
    I heal Gliscor with Hyper Potion while Purugly and Bronzor use Slash and Extrasensory on it. Munchlax uses Body Slam which ALMOST took it out.
    Purugly uses Slash on Munchlax once more and I finished it off with X-Scissor. Bronzor uses Extrasensory on Gliscor and Munchlax Body Slams it.
    Mars sends out her last Pokemon Golbat. I Night Slashed it. It survives it. Golbat attacks Munchlax with Poison Fang I think, I missed it. Bronzor uses Extrasensory on Gliscor again and Munchlax takes Golbat out with Body Slam. Now it's a 2 on 1 situation. Gliscor levels up to 44 and Reflect wears off! Now it's time to finish this battle off!
    X-Scissor! Bronzor gone! Earthquake! Skuntank gone and so is Barry's Munchlax! Friendly Fire! Haha! In comes his Staraptor and Jupiter's Golbat. Night Slash! Golbat down!

Barry fully heals my Pokemon. Cyrus uses the Red Chain and summons Dialga and Palkia! He's about to create a new world...and here come the Lake Trio!
    What's is this black stuff? Aah! Creepy eyes! IT'S GIRATINA!!!
    A Portal Appeared and Cynthia appears. ...I think Mesprit likes me. lol
    I'm in the Distortion World now!

Eventually I get to Cyrus! Time to battle him for the last time!
    He sends out Houndoom and I use Gliscor! Houndoom uses Flamethrower and I use Earthquake which takes it out! Gliscor levels up to 45!
    Next up is Weavile and I send in Mamoswine. Weavile uses Fake Out to flinch me. It then uses Night Slash which gets a Critical Hit (What is with these Criticals lately?) and Mamoswine uses Rock Smash. Weavile eats a Sitrus Berry. I use a Hyper Potion and Weavile switches out to Gyarados. I use Ice Fang and Gyarados uses Waterfall. For stupid reasons I keep it in and use Ice Fang and Mamoswine faints to Earthquake.
    I send in Hippowdon which gets hit with Waterfall and I finish Gyarados off with Thunder Fang.
    Weavile comes back out and I send in Rhydon. It uses Fake out again. Then Night Slash and I take it out with Hammer Arm.
    Honchkrow is next and I send in Hippowdon and it survives a Drill Peck and use Thunder Fang. I use a Hyper Potion and Honchkrow Drill Pecks again. It uses it again and I use Thunder Fang which it barely survives but is taken out with Sandstorm damage. Hippowdon levels up to 43.
    Finally it's Crobat. It Air Slashes and Hippowdon flinches. Hyper Potion again and Air Slashed once more. Crobat uses Confuse Ray and Hippowdon hurts itself. Crobat misses Air Slash and Hippowdon snaps out of Confusion and uses Thunder Fang which Paralyzes Crobat! Hippowdon outspeed Crobat and faints it with another Thunder Fang!
    Cyrus is beaten and leaves. Cynthia heals my Pokemon.

And here's Giratina! I press A and here we go! Epic Music Commence!

Not going to catch it so I send out my Mamoswine! Ice Fang misses and it disappears. Shadow Force hits. I then use Ice Fang and it uses Dragon Claw and faints Mamoswine.
    I send Hippowdon out and Giratina uses Ancientpower and I use Crunch. It disappears again. It hits Shadow Force and gets a Critical but I survived and finished it off with Crunch!
    I leave the Distortion World. Up next is the Sunyshore Gym...But before that, there's 1 last thing I gotta do...

Current Team
    Torterra Lv41
    Quagsire Lv43
    Mamoswine Lv43
    Gliscor Lv45
    Rhydon Lv43
    Hippowdon Lv43
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 30th September 2011 at 9:22 PM.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

I entered Flint's room at the Pokemon League, and after a brief chat about Volkner, we began to battle. Flint sent out his Rapidash, and I used Empoleon. I attacked Rapidash with Surf, and it fainted before it could counter it with Bounce. Flint sent out his Infernape, but I swapped to Gastrodon. I had Gastrodon use Earthquake, and Infernape stayed in the battle. After it used its own Earthquake attack, Gastrodon defeated it with Muddy Water. Flint used Drifblim after that, and I used Golduck against it. I had Golduck attack with Shadow Claw, but the battle didn't end there. Drifblim used Baton Pass, and I had to fight Lopunny instead. I defeated it with Tentacruel, and then I fought Drifblim again. Empoleon defeated it with Ice Beam, and then only Steelix remained. I used Gyarados's Aqua Tail against it, and Steelix fainted.

- Empoleon level 60
    - Gyarados level 56
    - Golduck level 57
    - Floatzel level 55
    - Gastrodon level 56
    - Tentacruel level 55

Before exploring Hearthome City, I decided to go back to Mt. Coronet to find a Cleffa. It took *forever* but eventually I found one and caught it. I then rematched some trainers in order to level it up a bit.

After, I went back to Hearthome. First, I went to the fan club and obtained the Poffin Case. Then, I talked to a Hiker near one of the city's exits, and obtained a Pokemon egg from him. Next, I went to Amity Square with my Buneary. I walked around for a while and my Pokemon picked up a berry plus a lot of accessories. Once I was done there, I went to the Contest House where I got the tuxedo from my mom.

Next, I'll be heading towards Solaceon Town.

Team:
    lv. 17
    lv. 24
    lv. 24
    lv. 24

I had to heal my Pokemon after my battle with Flint since most of them had received significant damage. I entered Lucian's room after that, and we began to battle. He sent out his Mr. Mime first, and I used Golduck's Shadow Claw attack on it. Mr. Mime didn't faint though, so I had to use Water Pulse to beat it. Lucian sent out his Girafarig after that, so I had to switch to Gyarados since Ghost-type moves didn't affect Girafarig. I defeated Girafarig with Aqua Tail, and then Lucian sent out his Alakazam. I used Floatzel against it, and I beat it after using two Crunch attacks. Lucian's Medicham was sent out next, and Empoleon's Drill Peck made quick work of that. Only Bronzong remained, and I used Gastrodon against it. I tried using Earthquake, but that didn't work. I had to use Waterfall several times in order to beat it.

- Empoleon level 61
    - Gyarados level 56
    - Golduck level 57
    - Floatzel level 56
    - Gastrodon level 56
    - Tentacruel level 55

I think I will do Mono-type Challenge on Soul silver

Friends brother: "You do Poison group'
    Me: >.> oh fine

Poison Type Mono-
    1- Bastra Level 8 Pos/Drk
    2-
    3-
    4-
    5-
    6-

Ok, sorry guys I've been sick the past few days >.> not fun but I manage to play a bit of Soul Silver

Picked up Chikorita
    Reached Cherrygrove City
    Got a Stunky Egg from my friends' brothers
    Hatched it, leveled it stored Chikorita
    Got the Mystery Egg and headed back to Cherrygrove and got Bastra to level 8

That's about it for now, will update soon as I start to feel better
    Last edited by Jessie_James; 6th October 2011 at 6:14 PM.

Claims: Seel/World of Warcraft/Voljin/Cote De Pablo/Hocus Pocus/Ghost Adventures
    UR NEVER TO OLD TO BE A GAMER!
    INFO -plz support me thanks-
    Twitch: TrollShaman85 (It has to do with World of Warcraft)
    Twitter: @UndeadPriest90
    Red 3DS FC: 1220-8684-8281 (Raylah/Poison FS)
    BluishGreen 3DS FC: 1719/3604/8442 (Vallera/Fighting FS)
    PM if u add me Plz and Ty

Alright I got back to the challenge and I'm facing the final Gym Leader, Volkner!

He starts off Jolteon and I send in my brand new Rhyperior! Jolteon hits Iron Tail which barely did anything and I use Dig. It hits next turn and OHKOs Jolteon.
    Next up is Raichu so I switch in Torterra. It uses Signal Beam and Torterra OHKOs with Earthquake.
    Volkner sends in his Luxray next so I send in my Hippowdon. Luxray uses Ice Fang and Hippowdon uses Earthquake and Luxray survived somehow. Volkner uses a Hyper Potion and I use Earthquake again. Luxray uses Ice Fang again and I finish it off with Fire Fang.
    Finally he sends out his Electivire so I send in Gliscor. It uses Fire Punch which burns Gliscor and I use Earthquake. That Attack drop really hurts. Electivire eats a Sitrus Berry. Electivire uses Fire Punch and Gliscor uses Swords Dance. Electivire uses Fire Punch once more and Gliscor barely survived and takes out Electivire with Earthquake!

I receive the final badge: Beacon Badge and TM57 Charge Beam!

Current Team
    Torterra Lv43
    Quagsire Lv43
    Mamoswine Lv44
    Gliscor Lv45
    Rhyperior Lv44
    Hippowdon Lv43

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Day 2 Poison Challenge

Now that I am slowly starting to feel better; manged to do a little bit more

Headed back toward starting town with Stunky, defeated Rival's Cyndaquil

Rival: What...how did you get Stunky??? (lol)
    Me: I'm special

Anyways Bastra level 9, got back to Elm's lab went and talk to mom
    Learned how to catch Poke'mon yet again...
    Blasted through the trainers on the way to Violet City
    Healed at the Pokemon and walked down to Route 32 to the little patches of grass
    Added two new team mates
    Female Ekans and Male Bellsprout
    went back to Violet healed and head up toward Sprout Tower
    May get a Zubat in the night time for flying/posion

Team:
    1- Sinistrad (Level 4)
    2- Capella (Level 6)
    3- Bastra (Level 9)

The team is lookin interesting so far, most likely will add Zubat and Tentacool or Qwilfish

Claims: Seel/World of Warcraft/Voljin/Cote De Pablo/Hocus Pocus/Ghost Adventures
    UR NEVER TO OLD TO BE A GAMER!
    INFO -plz support me thanks-
    Twitch: TrollShaman85 (It has to do with World of Warcraft)
    Twitter: @UndeadPriest90
    Red 3DS FC: 1220-8684-8281 (Raylah/Poison FS)
    BluishGreen 3DS FC: 1719/3604/8442 (Vallera/Fighting FS)
    PM if u add me Plz and Ty

As I was about to leave Hearthome, my rival appeared and challenged me. He started with Starly while I sent out Cleffa. I used Magical Leaf several times (Cleffa's only attack), but then he switched out to Monferno. I switched to Staravia and defeated Monferno with Wing Attack. I then went back to Cleffa as he sent out Buizel. I KOed it with Magical Leaf and then exchanged Cleffa for Staravia as he sent out Roselia. I KOed it and won the battle.

Team:
    lv. 18
    lv. 24
    lv. 24
    lv. 25

i think i'll do a mono on my spare Platinum any ideas?
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/zvtsna.gif[/IMG] made by Guitarzandbulletz

Maybe steel or water?

After I finish Platinum, I'll probably attempt an Electric Monotype Challenge in SoulSilver. Not sure about the team at the moment, I might just have this team and change it when I get to Kanto but we'll see how it goes.

Planned Team:
    Ampharos
    Pikachu (Giving it Light Ball after 4 Badges)
    Electabuzz (Electivire after National Dex)
    Lanturn
    Magneton (Magnezone after National Dex)
    Jolteon

A couple of other options I could have after the National Dex:
    Rotom-C
    Manectric
    Luxray

What I like to do in Monotype Challenges is to catch and/or receive at least 3 Pokemon in the game and have the rest from trades. (In game trades count to the Pokemon captured/received total)
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 8th October 2011 at 11:43 AM.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

why u dont beat e4 in platinum?

I did say After I finish Platinum. I'm training for the Elite Four.

...Well to be honest, I haven't done a thing after beating Volkner yet. LOL
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 8th October 2011 at 11:44 AM.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

sry , my bad

Yeah I know I said I'll do an Electric Monotype Challenge in Soul Silver after I finish Platinum but...since Platinum is almost finished, I tend to do another challenge just to get started on it. So yeah.
    I just destroyed Falkner with Mareep, 3 Thundershocks and Pidgey and Pidgeotto were taken down. I got the Zephyr Badge and TM51 Roost. I exited the Gym and got a call from Prof. Elm about the egg so I went to the PokeMart and grabbed it. Not that I'm going to use it but I might as well hang onto it. And I did a trade and gotten a special Flying Pikachu from the Yellow Forest PokeWalker course. (Don't need Surf Pikachu since I'm getting Lanturn)
    Then I traveled to Route 32 and battled a few trainers on the way and Mareep evolved into Flaaffy. I healed my team at the Route 32 Pokemon Center and saved.

Current Team:
    Flaaffy Lv15
    Pikachu Lv15

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

I left Lucian's room, and I entered Cynthia's. We talked, and then we began to battle. She sent out Spiritomb, and I used Empoleon against it. I hit Spiritomb with Surf, but that wasn't very effective. I had to use Flash Cannon just to beat Spiritomb, then I fought against Cynthia's Gastrodon. I used Gyarados against it, and I defeated it with a critical hit Ice Fang attack. Cynthia used her Milotic after that, and I used Empoleon against it. I managed to defeat it with two Drill Peck attacks, and then I faced off against Garchomp. I switched to Floatzel, and I had it use Ice Fang. That did a lot of damage, but Cynthia healed Garchomp, and it defeated Floatzel with Giga Impact. I used Gyarados's Ice Fang attack to beat Garchomp, and I used Gastrodon against Lucario. Earthquake defeated it, and I used Empoleon against Roserade. Drill Peck was enough to beat Roserade, and I defeated Cynthia. I was registered in the Hall of Fame, and the credits rolled.

Final team:

- Empoleon level 62
    - Gyarados level 57
    - Golduck level 57
    - Floatzel level 56
    - Gastrodon level 57
    - Tentacruel level 55

Water Monotype Challenge complete. I may start another one on HeartGold version soon.

I finally left Hearthome and began to travel to Solaceon. As usual, I battled all the trainers on the route in order to level up Cleffa some more. Then, I went into the Lost Tower. After exploring it for awhile, I reached the top floor where I received the HM for Strength. I then left the tower and headed into Solaceon Town, where I healed my Pokemon and saved.

Team:

Don't feel like remembering the levels. :P

Going to trade over an Elekid Egg in a few minutes so I might as well pick up where I left off.
    I entered Union Cave, avoiding all the hikers since I have no way of beating them at the moment, or I can but it'll take a while. I got through it and got into Azalea Town. I saw a Rocket Grunt when I got into town then I healed up and went to Kurt's House and talked to Kurt and he ran off to Slowpoke Well. I followed him there and battled the Grunts and the Admin Proton. After an easy battle, Kurt gave me the Lure Ball and the little girl gave me Kurt's Phone Number. I healed up in the Pokemon Centre (In the original, we didn't need to because Kurt healed all our Pokemon on the way to his house) and then went into the Gym. I battled a few trainers and healed up and challenged Bugsy.

He sends in Scyther and I use Flaaffy. Scyther starts off with Leef and I use Thunder Wave to paralyze it. I then hit Thundershock and it gets fully paralyzed. I use Thundershock again and it eats a Sitrus Berry and uses U-Turn. Flaaffy barely survives with 3 HP left and Metapod comes out. I switch out Flaaffy for Pikachu and Metapod uses Tackle. Pikachu hits Metapod with Thunder and OHKOs it. Scyther comes back out and Pikachu hits Thunder again and Scyther faints. Pikachu levels up to 18. Finally it's Kakuna and Pikachu uses Fly. It hits next turn and it OHKOs Kakuna.
    I receive the Hive Badge and TM89 U-Turn.
    I then saved and then exit the gym. I heal my Pokemon and then head to Ilex Forest, only to be stopped by my Rival. I forgot how the battle went but I won pretty easily. I went into Ilex Forest and found the 2 Farfetch'd and caught an Oddish. I got HM01 Cut and taught it to Oddish and used it on the tree in the way. I went around and found a man tackling a Tree I guess... I talked to this man and he taught my Pikachu Headbutt. I continued on and found another Kimono Girl. After that I exit Ilex Forest and got to the Daycare and got Lyra's Number and then I arrived in Goldenrod City.

And I just traded over the Elekid egg while writing this post.

Current Team:
    Flaaffy Lv18
    Pikachu Lv20
    Elekid Egg

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

I talked to everyone in Solaceon Town, then headed into the ruins. I explored every room and collected all the items there. After that, I went back to town and healed. I then headed north to Route 210 where I trained and obtained the TM for Roost. I visited the cafe and bought some MooMoo Milk. Oh, and I talked to the Psyducks blocking the road. :P
    And that's it, nothing really interesting...

Team:

levels 25-26

Basically I hatched Elekid and trained it, then I faced Whitney and beat her with Elekid and Flaaffy. (I did some trades to get a few TM24 for my whole team and also a TM13 and Thunderstone. Boy that was annoying) Then I went all the way to Ecruteak, got HM03 Surf then went to Route 38 and caught a Magnemite and then to Olivine City to get the Good Rod. Then I traveled all the way back to New Bark Town and fished for a Chinchou and caught it. Then went all the way back to Goldenrod and got Eevee and used a Thunderstone on it to evolve it into Jolteon. I did some training on my new party members and went to the Burned Tower and beat my rival and see the Legendary Beasts and then finally went to the Gym. I battled all the trainers then healed up and challenged Morty.
    Chinchou vs. Gastly: Chinchou OHKOs with Thunderbolt
    Magnemite vs. Gengar: Gengar hits Hypnosis and OHKOs with a Critical Hit Shadow Ball
    Chinchou vs. Gengar: Chinchou confuses it with Confuse Ray but is eventually taken out with Shadow Ball.
    Jolteon vs. Gengar: Jolteon beats Gengar using 3 Thunderbolts. (Morty used a Hyper Potion)
    Elekid vs. Haunter (Lv21): Elekid hits Thunderbolt and Haunter hits Hypnosis and I switch Elekid out.
    Pikachu vs. Haunter (Lv21): I predicted Dream Eater so next turn, Pikachu finishes Haunter off with Thunderbolt.
    Pikachu vs. Haunter (Lv23): Haunter uses Sucker Punch and activates Static and Pikachu OHKOs it with Thunder.
    I receive the Fog Badge and TM30 Shadow Ball. I teach that to Jolteon.
    I then go to Lake of Rage and pick up TM10 Hidden Power and teach that to Jolteon. The rest is pretty much just training.

Current Team:
    Flaaffy Lv27
    Pikachu Lv24
    Elekid Lv21
    Magnemite Lv22
    Chinchou Lv23
    Jolteon Lv22

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

I continued heading toward Veilstone City, this time travelling on Route 215. There were a lot of Black Belts on this route, so I managed to level up Staravia until it learned Aerial Ace. I found the TM for Shock Wave, which I taught to Cleffa. After testing out its new move in battle, Cleffa levelled up and evolved into Clefairy!

I then entered Veilstone and started exploring the city. After walking around for a while, my egg finally hatched into a Happiny. I'm keeping it with me for now, but I don't know if I'm going to keep it on my team permanently.

Team:

ok i am starting a psychic mono on my spare platinum i have a question though since abra is the only psychic type till the first gym can i use my starter till abra gets a move that can hurt?
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/zvtsna.gif[/IMG] made by Guitarzandbulletz

Quote Originally Posted by thechallenger101 View Post
    ok i am starting a psychic mono on my spare platinum i have a question though since abra is the only psychic type till the first gym can i use my starter till abra gets a move that can hurt?
    Unless you plan on trading in pokemon (Imho that lessens the challenge) you're generally expected to drop your starter once you have a pokemon of the correct type. With Abra, however, I would say use whoever until you catch him, and then level him to 16 before continuing the story.
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

I finally got around to challenging the Veilstone Gym. I first battled all the trainers in the Gym using Staravia. I then solved solved the puzzle and reached Maylene. Staravia took out her first two Pokemon easily. Her last Pokemon was Lucario, which I knew would be way harder to beat. I sent out Clefairy and lowered Lucario's Attack with Charm. After Clefairy fainted, I decided to send out Bibarel. For some reason, Lucario kept using Metal Claw (lol), which allowed Bibarel to take it down with Rock Smash.

So I won the battle and got my third badge!
    Team:

Last edited by Aquarelle; 17th February 2013 at 7:06 AM. Reason: :::

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast