Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    You can get the Hidden Power TM in Jubilife City, so you could teach it to your Abra right away.
    Not in platinum you dont
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/zvtsna.gif[/IMG] made by Guitarzandbulletz

I left the Veilstone Gym, and saw Dawn outside. She said she needed help getting her Pokedex back from some Galactic grunts. I healed and went to the warehouse, where Dawn and I teamed up to fight two Galactics. It was a *really* annoying battle. The foe's Dustox kept spamming Protect over and over and Dawn's Clefairy was pretty useless.

After finally winning the battle, I went inside the warehouse and found the Hm for Fly. I taught it to Staravia. I then headed south and began to travel towards Pastoria.

Team:

I decided to start another monotype runthrough on Platinum since I am doing a runthrough in Johto. It will be a Steel Monotype.

I started off the adventure with my rival barging into my room and telling me to meet him outside. I headed there but he forgot something in his room. We arrived at Route 201 and he was about to run in the tall grass but Professor Rowan stopped him. Later he offered us some Pokemon and I chose Piplup. I battled my rival's Turtwig (I won with 1HP left) and then went back home. Later my rival decided to go to the lake but a weird man was there so we left (I like to think they left because of the creepy older gentlemen). I headed to Sandgem Town and recieved a Pokedex from Professor Rowan. I went back home and told my mom and also recieved a Parcel for my rival. I went back to Sandgem and learned how to use Pokeballs thanks to Dawn. I saved at that point. Piplup is at Lv10.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke
        Spoiler:- Current Party:

I was travelling along the route leading towards Lake Valor. I visited the Ruin Maniac Cave and battled many trainers. I eventually reached the Valor Lakefront, and began searching for wild Pokemon in the grass. After a while, I encountered a Girafarig. It took a couple of balls, but I caught it and added it to my team.

Then, I levelled up my Buneary against wild Pokemon...and it evolved! I then headed towards the restaurant and saved.

Team:

I made my way up to Jubilife City and defeated the trainers on Route 202. When I arrived in the city Dawn and I witnessed a strange man running behind some lampposts. Turns out he is Looker, and he is on the lookout for mysterious people. I headed to the School nearby and gave my rival his Parcel. Then I found 3 clowns and recieved a Poketch for finding them and getting a coupon. I explored a little more and then headed to Route 203 and had a battle with my rival. He was actually pretty easy since all his Turtwig did was use Harden. I skipped every trainer on Route 203 and in the Oreburgh Gate and arrived in Oreburgh City. Roark, the gym leader, was not at the gym though but rather he was at the mines. I headed there and began to train Piplup while I searched for my next team member. Eventually I found an Onix, and that little bugger was difficult to catch. I ended up having to encounter 4 Onix before one finally decided to let me capture it. I returned to Jubilife to begin training for the upcoming gym battle with Onix at Lv9 and Piplup at Lv15.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke

Can anyone give me a type for my new Soul Silver challenge? I'll use scramble and nuzlocke rule as well.

Please don't give me types that don't have a lot of Pokemons please.
    Do you like animes such as Fairy Tail, SKET Dance, etc?
    Do you enjoy digital art, and art competitions?
    Do you love an engaging community where everyone is close to each other?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, you should REALLY join...

Quote Originally Posted by _Snivy View Post
    Can anyone give me a type for my new Soul Silver challenge? I'll use scramble and nuzlocke rule as well.

Please don't give me types that don't have a lot of Pokemons please.
    You could always do a Water challenge or a Normal challenge. Those would probably be good since they are so abundant.
    HeartGold Wedlocke

Flying type is good. Ground will get you a good amount of possibilities too and Water is another possibility.

Spoiler:- Reponses:

Here goes my Nuzlocke Water Monotype!

Rules

- Pokemon faints = Box 13 (Pokemon Hell)
    - Only catch first water Pokemon found in each area. If it faints, can't catch any Pokemon in that area.
    - No duplicate captures.
    - Nickname every Pokemon.
    - Battle style on SET.
    - Legends may be caught but may not be used.
    - Only use Water-Type Pokemons.
    - After winning all the 16 badges, beating the E4 twice and defeating Red, the challenge is over.

Team

Name: Mickey
    Character: Modest
    Level: 25

Name: Queen
    Level: 6

Last edited by _Snivy; 19th October 2011 at 2:34 AM.

I decided to fight the trainers in the Seven Stars Restaurant in order to level up my Clefairy and my new Girafarig. After fighting all the trainers, both of them had gained a couple of levels. I exited the restaurant, then headed south to the Hotel Grand Lake reception building, where I healed my team.

Then, I continued to travel along Route 213. I explored it thoroughly and partook in many trainer battles. I then visited Dr. Footstep's house, where my Clefairy received the Footprint Ribbon.

Eventually, I reached Pastoria City. The first thing I did was go to the Great Marsh because I wanted to pick up all the items there. I also wanted to get the Defog HM in case I forgot about it later.

Team:

I headed to Route 204 and defeated the few trainers there with Onix before heading to Route 203 and doing the same thing. I went through Oreburgh Gate and defeated the two trainers there before returning to the mines. I used Piplup against the trainers inside the mines and after the first battle it evolved into Prinplup! Roark was there destroying rocks but he did go back to the gym. I went there and defeated both gym trainers with Prinplup. When I battled Roark I just spammed Bubble until all three of his Pokemon were defeated. I got the badge and headed back to Jubilife City.

I found Professor Rowan being harassed by Team Galactic so Dawn and I teamed up to defeat them. I continued along Route 204 soon after and after some trainer battles I arrived in Floaroma Town. A little girl east of the town wanted me to help her father but I soon realized he was being held hostage by Team Galactic. I beat a few members near the Valley Windworks and in the Floaroma Meadow. I also received some Honey from a man at the Floaroma Meadow so I spread it on two trees. After 6 hours I checked the results. The first tree had a Cherubi and the second had the Pokemon I was searching for...Burmy! I captured the female Burmy and decided to take a break before training it.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke

I went past Ilex Forest. I took my time to train Queen a little bit over there. She didn't level up too much because they don't give a lot of experience points. I'm now on Route 34. I should arrive at Goldenrod City really soon!

Team

Level: 26

Level: 9

I headed to the Valley Windworks and took on Team Galactic while training my Burmy. The battle with Mars was pretty easy. Onix beat her Zubat with Rock Throw and Prinplup just spammed Bubblebeam until Purugly fainted. I headed north and defeated all of the trainers along the way to the Eterna Forest. When I went in the forest a woman named Cheryl joined me for a little while. I used her to level up my team a bit. Eventually we made it through the forest so I headed straight to the Eterna Gym. I battled the first trainer and right after the battle Burmy evolved into Wormadam! And since I was in a building it evolved into the Trash form of it. I left the gym and went towards Mt Coronet. I was stopped though by my rival who showed me the Dragon Statue in town. I then went to Mt Coronet and captured two new team members, Bronzor and Nosepass. I went back west of Eterna to train up my team.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke

On Route 34, Queen and Mickey trained together. They worked as a team to beat the trainers and now, we're currently training Queen so she can become stronger. We want her to be able to face the Gym Leader too!

Team

Level: 27

Level: 15

Last edited by _Snivy; 20th October 2011 at 2:57 AM.

I continued my challenge today by taking on the Pastoria Gym. I took on all the trainers there using Girafarig, who really needed the experience. After I defeated all the trainers, I left to go heal in the Pokemon Centre.

Once my team was at full health, I went back to the Gym and made my way to Crasher Wake. He started with Gyarados and I still had Girafarig out front. I started by using Agility, and then Baton Passed the Speed boost to my Clefairy. I used Shock Wave and got Gyarados to yellow health, but then Gyarados used Swagger on me. Fortunately, I was able to heal my confusion and finish it off.

Quagsire came out next, which Clefairy easily disposed of with Magical Leaf. Floatzel was Crasher Wake's last Pokemon. I tried to put it to sleep using Sing, but it kept on missing. Wasting many turns using Sing allowed Floatzel to KO Clefairy. I sent out Lopunny, who 2HKOed Floatzel with Strength.

I won the battle and received the Fen Badge and the TM for Brine.

Team:

Seeing as I'm doing a 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' challeng on Black, and a 'Scramble' on Heart Gold, I thought I may aswell go for a Normal type Monotype on Platinum. So, I deleted my old save, and began my new journey. I decided to be a female character for this run through, and named her Rose. My friend I named Rob. Professor Rowan introduced me to the wonderful world of Pokémon (again), and then watched as I shrank to game size.

My journey bagan with a television report on Professor Rowan. When the program ended, I went towards the stairs, but Rob came barreling up, jabbering about asking Professor Rowan for a Pokémon. I went downstairs, Mom telling me Rob left, ya-da ya-da. I went to his house and found him crashing into me. He ran off, but quickly went back inside. I followed him, only to have him run out again. Brilliant. So, I headed to Route 201, and was about to run through the grass when some old geezer appeared and ruined our fun. But he gave me a Pokémon so I forgave him. I chose Piplup so Rob wouldn't have a starter that resists normal, or has a super effective STAB. Rob then challenged me to a battle, which I lost.
    No not really. I won after spamming Tackle in true 'first battle' style. After the battle, I returned home and told my Mom what happened, and she gave me some new trainers. I then went back to Route 201, met Rob, and we wen't to Lake Verity to catch a Legendary Pokémon. Great idea, hm? Once we got there, some creepy guy called Cyrus spoke to himself. When we discovered we had no Pokéballs, we decided to go to Sandgem to see Prof. Rowan. On the way, I ran from every Pokémon as I had no need to train Piplup. I arrived in Sandgem, and Lucas showed me to the lab. Inside, Rowan gave me a Pokédex and told me to see every single 'Mon out there. Wooo. Outside, he gave me a TM, then Lucas showed me round. I went to the Mart and bought a load of Pokéballs! Then I went back onto Route 201 and caught my first two Pokémon, a female Bidoof, and a female Starly, both at level 3!
    I healed up at the Centre, then went back to Route 201 to train my new Pokémon. After, I saved infront of Route 202 and finished for the day.

Current Team
    Lv6
    Lv6
    (My next post wont have quite as much detail, I was bored...)

We're still training near Goldenrod City. Queen is really making progress! She leveled a few time by training on Route 34 and by defeating all the gym trainers. We're a little bit scary about challenging the gym, we heard she's really tough! I think we'll get everybody to about level 30 first. (Don't forget, we're playing with Nuzlocke rules as well.) We'll pass the night in Goldenrod and tomorrow, back to training!

Team

Level: 20

I've been seriously neglecting my Monotype Challenge lately...
    I have 6 Badges now, the only ones I need are Glacier Badge and Rising Badge.

Current Team:
    Ampharos Lv31
    Pikachu Lv29
    Electabuzz Lv30
    Magnemite Lv27
    Lanturn Lv30
    Jolteon Lv29

EDIT: Awesome Idea on those badges Snivy, maybe I'll do that for the Kanto Badges and future challenges.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 21st October 2011 at 5:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    HG/SS was a great remake, so it'd be difficult to trump it.

Edit: But the fact that this announcement is exciting is hard to contest.

Edit: I guess we'll just have to sea what comes of this.

Edit: Hoenn

After I left the Gym, I went to the Pokemon Centre to heal my team. I then left and heaed towards the entrance to the Great Marsh. There I talked to a Galactic grunt. He ran off, so I began to follow him. I caught up with him near the exit of the city, where he ran off again. As I was about to leave Pastoria, my rival showed up and challenged me.

The battle was extremely easy. My rival's Pokemon were underlevelled compared to my team, so I was able to defeat his entire team with Girafarig. Once the battle was finished, he left and I was able to finally leave the city.

I continued to chase the grunt around, until we were right near Lake Valor, where he decided to challenge me. He sent out a Glameow, which was a little annoying because it knew Hypnosis. However, it was not that hard of a fight.

After that, I ran into Cynthia. She gave me the Secret Potion to heal the Psyducks blocking the route above Solaceon Town. I did go to Solaceon Town next, but not to heal the Psyducks yet. Instead I evolved my Happiny into a Chansey, then put it in the daycare with a Pachirisu I caught. I wanted to breed for another Chansey to use on my team because mine had a -sp. defense Nature. Eventually, I got a Chansey with a pretty good Nature and I`m using it on my team.

Team:

The first thing I did when leveling up was to get Nosepass close to evolving and then head back to Mt Coronet and level it up there so it could evolve into Probopass. Which it did. Then I just spent some time leveling up Probopass and Bronzor against the various wild Pokemon and trainers around Eterna City. Eventually I decided to finally take on the gym. I attempted to use Bronzor against the trainers due to their Poison types. When the remaining trainers were defeated I healed up and took on Gardenia. I thought she would be using Cherrim first but instead she used Turtwig which managed to knock out my Probopass but Wormadam finished it off with a Big Bite. She then used Cherrim and I tried out Onix but it fainted quickly to so I had Wormadam use Bug Bite to take out Cherrim. Lastly was Roserade so I used Bronzor but due to a Stun Spore causing me to barely hit I had to use Prinplup once Bronzor fainted. Unfortunately Prinplup fainted to a critical hit Grass Knot. Wormadam came in and used Bug Bite to knock it out (Take that Wormadam doubters!). I got the badge and left the gym.

I headed to the Galactic Hideout in Eterna and used the trainers as experience for Probopass and Bronzor since they are still a little bit weaker than everyone else. When all was said and done I took on Jupiter. She used Zubat but it fell to Bronzor's Confusion attack. Next was Skuntank so I tried out both Prinplup and Probopass but both fell to Night Slash so I had Onix take out what little HP it had left. I recieved a bicycle for my troubles and then took a break.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke

I continued my Normal Monotype today. Heading onto route 202, Lucas showed me how to catch a Pokémon (can he not tell I already caught some?), then I headed onwards. I used Starly to take down the first trainer, and he was quickly defeated with a few Quick Attacks. I quicly got through the rest of the trainers and entered Jubilife City. Starly leveled up twice in the route, and Bidoof... didn't, but he'll get there. In Jubilife, I met Looker first. After he finished, I went to the trainer school. Inside, I spoke to Rob, then battled the trainers. His Starly almost proved difficult for Bidoof, but she pulled through, and leveled up! In the second battle, I had to switch to Starly as I'd forgotten to pack some potions -_- Starly did her thing, and won the battle. THEN I get my potion. I headed to the PC to heal my Poké's, then proceded to collect the vouchers off some clowns. After finally recieving my Pokétch, I had a final look around Jubilife, got all the items, then proceded to Route 203. Rob appeared and challenged me. Bidoof defeated Starly after a long battle, and then he sent out Turtwig, so I switched to my own Starly. After another lengthy battle, Turtwig lay defeated, and Starly grew another level to learn Wing Attack! After briefly returning to Jubilife to heal up, I continued along Route 203, battling trainers, gaining levels and collecting items. In Orebrough Gate, I recieved Rock Smash and taught it to Bidoof. Once I was in Orebrough City, I saved my game and switched off for the moment.

Current Team:

Lv 11

Lv 10

Spoiler:- Aura Guardian Zach:

Queen is really making progress. We have beaten almost all the trainers on Route 35 and the ones under Goldenrod City. She's really eager to battle the gym! We're doing some more training now on Route 35, she should be ready really soon!

We defeated all the trainers in Route 35 and in the National Park. We're now in shape for the Gym Battle, here we go!

We've defeated the gym leader in a exciting way! Queen almost left her life in this battle. Lucky, a critical hit came to help us from Mickey's Ice Fang!

Here we go to the next town!

We defeated everything in our way until Ecruteak City. Nothing stopped us! Mickey evolved and by himself and his Crunch attack, he defeated the gym really easily! Good job Mickey, I'm proud of you.

Team

Level: 33

Last edited by _Snivy; 22nd October 2011 at 9:20 PM.

Thinking of restarting Platinum to do a monotype challenge: any idea what type i should do?
    I was thinking Steel, as I could use a starter (Empoleon), but i'm not sure when I'd get my next pokemon.
    Final team could be:
    Empoleon
    Magnezone
    Lucario
    Bronzong
    Steelix

What do you guys think?
    Current HG/SS Team:

@RBY
    I actually think you should do a Ground team. You could have:
    Torterra
    Steelix
    Mamoswine
    Whiscash
    Garchomp
    Gliscor
    Just a suggestion, but your Steel team, looks pretty good, but to it add Scizor since you only have 5 there.

@_Snivy
    You should later put a Gyarados on your team, you might have already thought of doing that, but just suggesting.
    Last edited by Tarro57; 23rd October 2011 at 3:05 PM.
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

You can also follow the status of my adventure on my new blog! It's in my signature.

Spoiler:- Tarro67:

While still in Ecruteak City, I went fishing at the little pond. That's where we found our new buddy, Jagger! He's pretty new to the team but I'm sure he'll be great!

We went back on Route 32 for some training and we bumped into Raikou! We wanted to prove our strengths against him but as soon as Jagger sent him to sleep, he vanished. I still wonder how he did.

We're now travelling and beating every Pokemon to get Jagger stronger!

Team

Level: 33

Name: Jagger
    Character: Rash
    Level: 11

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast