Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Lucarimew2's Soulsilver Poison monotype challenge
    I have now beaten morty and all of team rocket in their hideout (i didn't catch shiny gyarados cause i have already got one on black). Anyway i am now training my zubat to beat the cianwood gym and then teach it fly if i can.
    Current Team
    Arbok lv31
    Haunter lv30
    Nidorino lv28
    Weepinbell lv23
    Tenatcool lv24
    Zubat lv14
    I am an experienced Artist, Breeder and Cloner (I don't use PokeCheck)
    Contact me if you want any pokemon breeding, cloning or want to request some art.
    Here is a list of my breeding and cloning services:
        Spoiler:- Services:

Please be specific in what you would like and contact me via a PM. I will give you my freind code when we have an agreement on the trade.
    Please be aware trading me a hacked pokemon is a scam and you will be denied any further trades
    (I will only trade pokemon that i am sure of being 100% legit)

I have done a few things...
    First, I trained Gastly to 29 and evolved him. I then traded between my other games to get a Heracross (to move tutor Night Slash) and a Machoke (to get Cross Chop) for breeding purposes. Haunter evolved during these trades (and I gave my girlfriend my Turtwig for a pokémon on which to surf to get Tentacool once I get the badge).
    I then started the breeding. I was hoping to get a Jolly, Dry Skin Croagunk with Cross Chop and a decent natured, Sniper Skorupi with Night Slash. I got both after a while (and was very happy to have an Impish Skorupi) and now must be off to train!

Team:
    - Timid - lvl 30
    - Quiet - lvl 25
    - Niave - lvl 28
    - Quiet - lvl 27
    - Impish - lvl 1
    - Jolly - lvl 1
        Spoiler:- Trained 'mons in White:

Spoiler:- Current challenges:

I plan on starting a monotype team for my HG. I want someone else to pick my type for me. I'm going to trade in one pokemon of that type as soon as I can, and the rest of the game will only be pokemon I catch. I will do ANY type. pls don't make it to easy.
    3DS FC 0877-2062-2004
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Kecleon, Chansey

If you want a challenge how about a Rock type challenge?
    Last edited by SilverMorty; 14th November 2011 at 7:22 AM.

If you are doing rock types then use a Geodude and to evolve it to Graveler it must of beaten won a medal in the Pokeathalon and then to evolve it to Golem you must make it have no Physical damage attacks, Special attack is fine.
    Member of Crystalline

Start of turn 1

Rotom-W used Trick!
    Rotom-W switched items with the foe's Shedinja!
    Rotom-W obtained one Toxic Orb!
    The foe's Shedinja obtained one Choice Scarf!

The foe's Shedinja used Trick!
    The foe's Shedinja switched items with Rotom-W!
    The foe's Shedinja obtained one Toxic Orb!
    Rotom-W obtained one Choice Scarf!

Allright I will do a rock monotype challenge. looks like me and geodude are going to be good buddy's and i'll finally use that sudowoodo.

Edit: I won't be doing the monotype challenge yet, got talking into trying the Nuzlocke challenge first. I'll try a mono challenge after that one.
    Last edited by EagleEye; 17th November 2011 at 8:21 PM.
    3DS FC 0877-2062-2004
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Kecleon, Chansey

Went exploring in many caves today. First, I Surfed in Ravaged Path in order to obtain the Luck Incense and Water Pulse TM. Then, I went back to the Oreburgh Gate to battle a trainer and get the Brick Break TM.

After that, I went to Wayward Cave in order to get some experience off the trainers there. I immediately headed to the end of the cave where I met Mira and teamed up with her. I then went and battled all the trainers, which wasn't too difficult since my Pokemon were 20+ levels higher and Mira healed them after battle. After what seemed like only a few minutes, I finished exploring the cave and left.

Once I was back outside, I continued to train. I finally got my entire team to level 40, so I'm going to take on the Canalave Gym next.

Team:

B]Lucarimew2's Soulsilver Poison monotype challenge[/B]
    I have now beaten chuck which was very difficult, and now have got fly and taught it to my golbat. The next gym will be the hardest because i have to face the steel type and i can only use Nidorino and Haunter against Jasmine. I am now training nidorino and my other pokemon to beat that gym so i can carry on towards the seventh gym and defeating team rocket.
    Current Team
    Arbok lv33
    Haunter lv30
    Golbat lv28
    Nidorino lv28
    Tentacool lv24
    Weepinbell lv24
    I am an experienced Artist, Breeder and Cloner (I don't use PokeCheck)
    Contact me if you want any pokemon breeding, cloning or want to request some art.
    Here is a list of my breeding and cloning services:
        Spoiler:- Services:

Please be specific in what you would like and contact me via a PM. I will give you my freind code when we have an agreement on the trade.
    Please be aware trading me a hacked pokemon is a scam and you will be denied any further trades
    (I will only trade pokemon that i am sure of being 100% legit)

Went to the Canalave Gym today. I battled all the Gym trainers using Blissey, who I taught Flamethrower to. Blissey was able to beat most of the Pokemon, but it was a little annoying because so many trainers used Onix for some reason...

Eventually, I battled Byron. His Bronzor and Steelix were easily taken down by Blissey. I then switched to Bibarel when Bastiodon came out. Bibarel managed to 2HKO it with Surf. Overall, it was a really easy battle, which isn't that surprising since I almost always find this Gym to be the easiest in DPPt.

After getting the badge and Flash Cannon TM, I saved my game.

Team:

How about a Grass type challenge? Johto gyms would be a challenge for the Grass types.

When I left the Canalave Gym, my rival was waiting for me. He told me to come to the library. So after healing at the Pokemon Centre, I went there and met up with my rival, Dawn, and Prof. Rowan. The professor talked for a while and told me to go to Lake Valor. Then, we felt the aftershocks from an explosion in Lake Valor. I left soon after and headed for the lake.

When I got to the lake, it was all dried up and occupied by Team Galactic. Using Girafarig, I defeated all the grunts. I then headed inside the cavern, where I battled Saturn. I pretty much destroyed his team with Girafarig and Blissey, so the battle was not hard. at. all.

Team:

I really need to go find a Moon Stone some time. :P

you can find moon stone in eterna city :P

I've started to play through Heart Gold with a Monotype poison team =)
    MY team so far:
    Golbat lv. 26
    Weepinbell lv.24
    Kakuna Lv.19

Tips?

Choose bulbasaur and pick him to your team after beating all gyms

Man, it's been a while since I posted here! On my Platinum Normal monotype, I'm now in Pastoria City!
    It's been quite a journey here, and while I don't remember everything I did, I did manage to complete a full team of six, which is now:

- Ciara, Lv.32 Evolve already!
    - Roboto, Lv34
    - Hanna, Lv.34
    - Race, Lv.25
    - Reach, Lv.30
    - Dream, Lv.31

All female's (except Roboto, who is genderless!), and all with benefitial natures (i.e, natures that do not hinder thier main stat), with possibly the exception of Dream, who's nature lowers her defense, making her INCREDIBLY weak to physical moves... meh.

Anyway, I'm about to go underground for a while to find some shards to exchange, to teach Ambipom either ThunderPunch or Fire Punch. Any suggestions on what would be best?

I flew to Twinleaf Town and then headed to Lake Verity. There I took on some weak Team Galactic members in double battles. I destroyed all of them with Staraptor and Clefairy. I then had to battle Mars, who wasn't that much harder even though her Pokemon were at higher levels. Staraptor took out her Golbat and Purugly, while Blissey defeated Bronzor. After defeating her, Team Galactic left and Prof. Rowan told me to go to Lake Acuity to see how my rival was doing there.

So, I flew to Celestic Town and healed. I then went west into Mt. Coronet. After exploring the area for a while and picking up various items, I exited onto the snow route, which is where I saved.

Team:

gsdkhdsakhdksalh

What would be the best type to do a mono of in Platinum? I want to avoid flying if I can, since it would be my first choice, but I already did one.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Hey guys. I'm going to start a monotype in the fourth gen, but idk which game I try it on; HG or platinum? I'm thinking HG, cus I wanted to do dragon. Ik, not a good idea, but its a challenge. :P my team would look like:
    Dragonite,
    Garchomp,
    Kingdra,
    Flygon,
    Alteria,
    Salamence.
    please don't bash on me for being a monotype newb. I've never done a monotype.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

This thread needs to be more active.

A while ago, I made my way to Snowpoint City by travelling along the snowy route. It took a really long time because the snow slowed me down and there was so much area to explore, but I managed to reach the city eventually. I healed my team in the Pokemon Centre and then headed into the Gym, where I saved.

I didn't do the Gym until today. I first defeated all the trainers to make navigating the Gym easier. Then, I started to work on the snowball puzzle, which fortunately didn't take that long to complete. I was then able to battle Candice. Most of her Pokemon weren't too troublesome, since my Staraptor easily KOed them. Abomasnow was the only Pokemon that was a bit annoying - I wanted my Blissey to kill it will Flamethrower, but Abomasnow's Wood Hammer OHKOed it. I had to send in Girafarig to finish the job.

In the end, I finally got my seventh badge.

Team:

Default Sam's mono type water challenge (platinum)

Hi guys, i have just started a mono water type run on my platinum copy, and plan to make regular updates. I am currently making my way to Jublife city.

Current team:

Piplup Lv.11

Hi guys, i have just started a mono water type run on my platinum copy, and plan to make regular updates. I am currently making my way to Jublife city.

Current team:

Piplup Lv.11

Current team:

Piplup Lv.11

I left the Snowpoint Gym and headed to Lake Acuity, where I talked to my rival and Jupiter. After that, I flew to Veilstone to take on Team Galactic at their headquarters. I had to cream a whole bunch of grunts there before I was able to fight Cyrus. He wasn't too hard to beat, but his Golbat was really annoying. Once I defeated him, I was able to go to the room where Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie were. Before saving them, I had to fight Saturn, who was easier than Cyrus.

After doing all that, I decided to go look for a Moonstone to evolve Clefairy. I first looked for one in the Underground but found nothing. I then tried stealing one off wild Clefairy, but again, I didn't find one. Eventually, I got so tired of searching that I just traded one over from Pearl (I don't care if that's "cheating").

Now that I finally have a Clefable, I'm ready to take on Team Galactic at Mt. Coronet.

Team:

I've decided to do a Rock Monotype Challenge in Heart Gold. I have 2 Badges so far and I am currently in Ilex Forest.

Current Team:
    Slugma Lv17
    Geodude Lv19

Badges:

I did use an Onix in the Violet City Gym but it was only temporary. I replaced it for Geodude.
    I also got my Slugma from an Egg that I got from Primo in Violet City.

For Pokemon that Evolve by Trading (like Graveler), I will be raising it to Level 35 before I evolve it.

DAMN YOU MORTY! I HATE YOU AND YOUR GENGAR SO MUCH! Geez how many times did I have to reset? 20? Ugh...I finally did beat him. I could have done a bit more training but it wouldn't have made much difference anyways. Ah well, at least he's beaten. I'm in the Glitter Lighthouse right now.

Current Team:
    Slugma Lv23
    Graveler Lv25
    Sudowoodo Lv22
    Corsola Lv24

Badges:
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 23rd February 2012 at 11:38 AM.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast