Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Well good luck then

By the way, UPDATE!

- Finished the second gym;
    - Caught my new team member with a little surprise... my SHINY Gastly
    - Trained my team all the way to Lv25;
    - Evolved Budew to Roselia, Zubat to Golbat and Gastly to Haunter while training;
    - Traded my Haunter to evolve it into a Shiny Gengar;
    - Cleared the Eterna Galactic Building and got my bike;
    - Saved just before Route 207.

Team:
    Roselia Lv26
    Golbat Lv25
    Stunky Lv25
    Gengar (Shiny) Lv26

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

So I started my game and caught a Kricketot. My game froze and now my 3DS is broken so I moved the game to my DSLite and caught a second Kricketot, named Dabs. She was evolved and level 16 when I got to Oreburgh. We took on the Gym trainers and when we challenged Roark she had gotten to level 17. We easily beat Roark with a couple Rock Smashes and made our way to Floaroma. Currently saved in front of Valley Windworks.

Team
    Dabs Level 18

Update! I'm bored so I'm updating again... We cleared out Team Galactic and murdered the Trainers on the route to Eterna Forest. We met up with Cheryl and caught a new team member! Izzy the Wurmple joined us and evloved into a Silcoon, and then into a Beautifly. We beat a couple of Trainers in Eterna Forest and stopped there. Need to do some grinding on Izzy

Team
    Dabs Level 23
    Izzy Level 13

Update!

- Cleared Route 206, 207 and 208
    - Battled my rival Borneo in Hearthome city
    - Cleared Route 209 and Lost Tower
    - Got HM Strength
    - Cleared Route 210 and 215
    - Grinded my Team to Lv34
    - Cleared Veilstone Gym
    - Finished the Galactic event in Veilstone
    - Saved in Route 212

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

Update!

- Cleared Route 206, 207 and 208
    - Battled my rival Borneo in Hearthome city
    - Cleared Route 209 and Lost Tower
    - Got HM Strength
    - Cleared Route 210 and 215
    - Grinded my Team to Lv34
    - Cleared Veilstone Gym
    - Finished the Galactic event in Veilstone
    - Saved in Route 212

Current team:
    Roselia Lv34
    Golbat Lv34
    Skuntank Lv 35
    Gengar Lv35

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

I'm updating! Gardenia was VERY easy with bug and flying attacks. I set up some Honey trees and got a Combee, and it WAS female, but only level 9. I grinded up this Combee on the routes and battled my rival in Hearthome City, after I talked to my mom in the Contest Hall. I moved on to Solaceon and evolved Nessie (the Combee). Ready to grind a bit more to beat Veilstone City's Gym without any problems.

Team
    Dabs Level 28
    Izzy Level 25
    Nessie Level 21
    Last edited by w2damax; 14th March 2012 at 11:59 AM.

As I was leaving Sunyshore, I obtained the Waterfall HM from Jasmine. I taught it to Bibarel and then began surfing towards the Pokemon League. Along the way, I did quite a bit of training and got half my team to level 50. Eventually, I reached the island where the league is.

After visiting the Pokemon Centre, I went into Victory Road. I think this was my most frustrating, annoying time ever going through that place. I tried training my Blissey there, but didn't have much luck because Blissey was pretty much OHKOed by any physical attack. I know Blissey's Defense is pathetic, but I've never had one that pathetic before. As I got further in the cave, my other Pokemon started to really suck at taking hits and dealing damage too. I am not looking forward to training for the Elite Four. -_-

After an eternity in Victory Road, I finally reached the exit. I left and went to heal in the Pokemon League building. Next, I have super fun level grinding to do.

Team:

i think. I'm going to start a Platinum flying monotype. although i'll only have starly and zubat untill i beat the 3rd/4th gym at least.. lol

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

Update!

- Cleared Route 212
    - Caught my two last team members, Skorupi and Croagunk, in the Great Marsh (took a looooong time)
    - Cleared Route 213-214 and Valor Lakefront's restaurant
    - Trained my team up to Lv39, which evolved my Croagunk into Toxicroak and my Golbat into Crobat (finally lol)
    - Cleared Pastoria city Gym (evolved my Skorupi into Drapion, which means Roselia is my last pokemon to evolve)
    - Saved in front of the gym.

Current team:
    Roselia Lv40
    Crobat Lv40
    Skuntank Lv40
    Gengar Lv40
    Drapion Lv40
    Toxicroak Lv40

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

Since last time I've done quite a bit. I sweeped Maylene and helped Lucas get back his Pokedex. I moved on to Pastoria City and beat Crasher Wake. Cleared away the Psyduck and moved on to Celestic Town. Finished with Cynthia's grandmother and my sister caught a Pinsir for me to use. Ready to grind the Pinsir and the rest of my team to level 45

Team
    Dabs Level 35
    Izzy Level 35
    Nessie Level 38
    PINSIR Level 14

Just started, and went caught Drifloon with my 1st gym badge.

Current team

30 BP ( I need more..)

At the Pokemon Centre in the Pokemon League, I battled my rival. I started the battle with Clefable since I wanted to train it. Unfortunately, Clefable was slower than the first two Pokemon my rival used, Staraptor and Heracross, and had great difficulty taking them down. I had to use Charm several times before Clefable was able to survive Close Combats well enough to beat them. I then switched to my Staraptor who defeated Snorlax, Infernape, and Roserade. Lastly, my Lopunny defeated Floatzel. Overall, my rival was not that hard, but it did feel like my Pokemon were a little weak.

After that, I began grinding for the Elite Four. I am planning to train everyone to at least level 55. So far, I have trained Clefable to that level, and am currently training Lopunny.

Team:

Heya guys, I'm restarting my Platinum version for a Monotype run, but i dunno which type to use.
    any suggestions?

Ive got my completed Diamond version so I can get any Pokemon from any gen on there.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

terrytorterra
    do a rock monotype
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

Beat 2nd Gym

30 BP ( I need more..)

terrytorterra do a ground monotype
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Quote Originally Posted by terrytorterra View Post
    Heya guys, I'm restarting my Platinum version for a Monotype run, but i dunno which type to use.
    any suggestions?

Ive got my completed Diamond version so I can get any Pokemon from any gen on there.
    Why not try a Poison or Normal mono? People often deem those two types as being the worst, so it should provide you with a bit of a challenge. And there's quite a bit of variety within the types too.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    Why not try a Poison or Normal mono? People often deem those two types as being the worst, so it should provide you with a bit of a challenge. And there's quite a bit of variety within the types too.
    Sounds nice I think I'll take the Poison monotype team ^^

Care to give me a starter?
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

Quote Originally Posted by terrytorterra View Post
    Sounds nice I think I'll take the Poison monotype team ^^

Care to give me a starter?
    Well, I suppose you could use Turtwig until you get to the point where you can catch Budew. That should be fairly early in the game if I remember correctly. So Budew will be your first Poison type. (: (Unless you get to Zubat first? But I don't think you do.)

xxx

^^ You can get Zubat at the same time as Budew. Personally, I'd use something different, as everyone uses Crobat in their runthroughs. Breed a Stunky or something, as you daid you could breed.

I'm in such a weird walkthrough indeed. I chose a Grass Monotype in HeartGold (so trust me, it's H.A.R.D.) and now I'm regretting not to have chosen a Psychic Monotype as I did in Gold. Chances are for me to beat the game or to leave this stuff and to start a normal playthrough.

Anywho, this is my team:

Bayleef lvl 30
    Vileplume lvl 24
    Victreebel lvl 30
    Jumpluff lvl 30

I recently beat Whitney.

Player's Name: Zafyron, White Friend Code: 1721 - 6526 - 2990. If you want to trade, just tell me!

I had planned on training my entire team to level 55, but it was taking too long...in the end, I ended up going to the Pokemon League with only Clefable at that level, and my other Pokemon at 51-53.

I battled Aaron first, who wasn't much of a challenge. My Staraptor made most of the battle very easy. I also taught Stealth Rock to Blissey, which destroyed Beautifly and Vespiquen. Drapion was the most difficult of his Pokemon, but it still wasn't that difficult.

Next was Bertha, who was more difficult. Quagsire, Golem, and Sudowoodo weren't too bad. Hippowdon was a little frustrating due to its very high Attack stat, which resulted in at least one of my Pokemon being KOed. Whiscash was the most annoying Pokemon on Bertha's team, though. My Clefable's Magical Leaf did not OHKO it, and then Clefable fainted. I then sent out either Girafarig or Lopunny, who took quite a while to defeat Whiscash due to Full Restores and the fact that their attacks didn't do much damage.

Flint was much easier. Driftblim took the longest to take down, but it wasn't too threatening as all it did was spam Double Team and all my attacks managed to hit it.

Lucian was the hardest out of the members of the Elite Four. Mr. Mime was annoying with Reflect and Light Screen, and actually did quite a lot of damage to Blissey. Alakazam's Focus Blast hit every time for some reason. And Bronzong just wouldn't die because the only move I had that was super effective against it was Blissey's Flamethrower, and Blissey sucks at attacking.

Eventually, I began my battle with Cynthia. This battle was definitely 1000x more difficult than any of the battles against the Elite Four. She started out with Spiritomb and I used Lopunny. I used Captivate, which is a move I taught Lopunny specifically for this battle so that I could set upanother Pokemon without it dieing from Spiritomb's moves too easily. Once Spiritomb's Sp. Attack was lowered, I switched to Bibarel. I used Taunt to prevent Embargo from working, then began using some X items. I have never used these items in battle before, but I bought some today because I felt that my teamwouldn'twin without them.

It was really annoying getting Bibarel set up, since I had to keep reusing Taunt and make sure that Bibarel's HP was high. Bibarel died once from a critical hit, but luckily it was before I used that many X items so I didn't have to reset. Finally, I got Bibarel set up enough to attempt a Sweep. By this time, Spiritomb had struggled itself down to low HP so it was an easy kill. Bibarel then managed to OHKO Roserade and Lucario. When Garchomp came out, Bibarel was not able to OHKO it and couldn't survive its attack. I sent out Clefable, who was able to survive a Giga Impact and KO with Ice Beam.

Cynthia used Gastrodon next. I decided to use more of my X items on Clefable. I was worried about Gastrodon getting a critical hit with Stone Edge or lowering my accuracy a lot with Muddy Water, but fortunately a critical hit from Stone Edge did not do much damage and I only had my accuracy lowered a couple of times, which the X Accuracy fixed. I killed Gastrodon with Magical Leaf, then Milotic came out. It was an easy 2HKO with Thunderbolt.

After that, I was entered into the Hall of Fame and watched the credits. So now, I'm finally done my Normal monotype challenge on Diamond. It was an interesting experience, but if I ever do a monotype again I'm going to use a more easier type like Water.

Team:

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    ^^ You can get Zubat at the same time as Budew. Personally, I'd use something different, as everyone uses Crobat in their runthroughs. Breed a Stunky or something, as you daid you could breed.
    indeed i can breed
    so I'll start off with a stunky then ^^
    well i guess that means i'll pick piplup so my rival gets the grass type. that should make things easier.
    well good luck to me
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458

Ok, so I just got back from spring break and got to play a bit on my trip. I got through the elite 4 and now have 10 badges. I decided I was going to ditch the togetic and get a honchkrow.
    Gliscor lv. 47
    Crobat lv. 44
    Mantine lv. 45
    Honchkrow lv. 45
    Jumpluff lv. 44
    Xatu lv. 44

Challenges in progress:

HG- Flying Monotype
    Emerald- Ground Monotype

Challenges Paused:

Red- Nuzlocke
    Platinum- Fighting Monotype
    Black- Psychic Monotype

Challenges Completed:

Black- Steel Monotype
    Blue- Solo Run
    Last edited by SEdive07; 26th March 2012 at 4:59 AM.

I've completed every monotype challenge on Heartgold. Therefore I don't know which one to do next. Any suggestions?

pikachu

is

claimed

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast