Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by xXLuminousNightXx View Post
    I just started an Electric Monotype Challenge in Platinum the other day. My progress an Pokemon so far:
    Where I am now in my challenge:

Nala-Level 38
    Acorn-Level 37
    Zepplin-Level 38

New Member:

Minnie-Pichu-Level 37 (met at level 21)-Female-Brave Nature

7 Gym Badges down, 3 to go. Byron is the next person up :3

Name: Petunia
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

So after I defeated Maylene, I headed towards to Pastoria City and faced the gym leader there. I faced trainers along the route heading to Pastoria City and my Duskull evolved to Dusclops. Unfortunately Crasher Wake's Floatzel gave me an extremely hard time as he kept on using Crunch on me but my Dusclops saved me as I used Confuse Ray and Will-O-Wisp to weaken Floatzel and then to finish him off with Shadow Punch. I saved at Pastoria City and my team so far is:

Drifblim - Lvl35
    Haunter - Lvl35
    Rotom - Lvl37
    Dusclops - Lvl37
        Spoiler:- Monotype Challenges:

Spoiler:- Nuzlocke Challenges:

After defeating Crasher Wake, I was told to chase a Team Galactic goon which I had defeated him and along came Cynthia which she gave me the Surf HM but before I could do that I flew to Julbilfe City and went west of the city to catch myself a Finneon to teach it Surf in order to get the Canalave City. Once I got to Canalave City, I met Barry there and he gave me some trouble battling him however I still won the match and healed at the pokemon centre. Afterwards I've done that, I headed to Iron Island and met Riley there and since this is the last time I'd team up with an NPC, I decided to grind there which got my pokemon several levels which will greatly help me later on. I explored the cave and defeated the trainers there until I met two Team Galactic grunts there and beated them with the help of Riley. After the fight, Riley gave me an egg and I left the island to fight Bryon. Once I got back to Canalave City, I went to the gym and challenged Byron himself. This has got to be the most hardest gym leader fight I've ever faced since Ghost type moves aren't effective against Steel type pokemon. His Blastiodon gave me the most trouble as his Stone Edge took out my Haunter and Rotom but I beated him with my Drifblim. After I defeated Byron I got my badge and healed at the pokemon centre. My team so far is:

Drifblim - Lvl45
    Haunter - Lvl45
    Rotom - Lvl46
    Dusclops - Lvl46

Instead of going to Cianwood City for Chuck, I instead went to Lake of Rage and beat Gyarados and then went to beat the Rocket Hideout and then finally faced Pryce and got the Glacier Badge. Now I'm off to Cianwood City to face Chuck.

Current Team:
    Butterfree Lv.26
    Parasect Lv.26
    Pinsir Lv.26
    Heracross Lv.26
    Venonat Lv.26
    Scizor Lv.26

Boxed:
    Spinarak Lv.15
    Yanma Lv.21

I'm not one of those people that Level Grinds a lot, I like to be a bit underlevelled to make battles a little bit more interesting. It adds to the challenge. Not just in challenges but in Normal Playthroughs in general.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 1st May 2012 at 7:01 PM.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

I took my team to Iron Island to train up a little before going back to battle Byron. Using Riley to my advantage (with double battles and such), I got all of my team up to level 42, except for Acorn. So here is my team now, right before I battle Byron:

Nala - Level 42 - Naive
    Moves: Return, Swagger, Crunch, Thunder Fang
    Acorn - Level 41 - Careful
    Moves: Grass Knot, Super Fang, Cut, Discharge
    Zepplin - Level 42 - Hasty
    Moves: Double Kick, Shock Wave, Pin Missle, Quick Attack
    Minnie (evolved from Pichu) - Level 42 - Brave
    Moves: Thunder, Light Screen, Sweet Kiss, Nasty Plot

Just defeated Team Rocket in the Radio Tower. Now I'm going to do some more training for the Gym in Blackthorn City...

Current Team:
    Butterfree Lv.28
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Air Cutter
    ~ Signal Beam
    ~ Psybeam
    Ability: Compoundeyes
    Nature: Rash
    Parasect Lv.27
    ~ Slash
    ~ Seed Bomb
    ~ Spore
    ~ Leech Life
    Ability: Dry Skin
    Nature: Lonely
    Pinsir Lv.31
    ~ X-Scissor
    ~ Dig
    ~ Seismic Toss
    ~ Brick Break
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Nature: Naive
    Heracross Lv.31
    ~ Aerial Ace
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Shadow Claw
    ~ Brick Break
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Hardy
    Venomoth Lv.31
    ~ Gust
    ~ Psybeam
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Leech Life
    Ability: Shield Dust
    Nature: Docile
    Scizor Lv.35
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Wing Attack
    ~ Metal Claw
    ~ Slash
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Gentle

Boxed:
    Spinarak Lv.15
    Yanma Lv.21

As much as I want to use Venomoth in Kanto, if I want to face Red without replacing any of my party members to make room for a Rock Climb user, I have to use Pinsir since it's the only Bug type to learn Rock Climb because I'm going to use Armaldo.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 2nd May 2012 at 7:25 AM.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

After beating Byron from Canalave City, I flew to Celestial Town and then traveled west to go through Mt.Coronet to reach to Snowpoint City. I beated the trainers along the route as well as obtaining myself the HM Rock Climb which I taught Grotle and other items I found lying on the ground. I decided to catch one male and female Snorunt and breed them because I want a Lvl1 female Snorunt and evolve it into a Froslass so I can get a better moveset. As for challenging the gym, it was the hardest gym I faced because Sneasel kept on spamming Faint Attack on me which literally one-hit K.O's my pokemon except for my Dusclops which endured hits from Sneasel and I beated it with both Confuse Ray and Will-O-Wisp. When Candice used her Abomasnow, I sent out my Drifblim against it and hilariously, Abomasnow killed himself with Wood Hammer and the hail defeated my Dirfblim at the same time. Her last pokemon was a Piloswine and I used Haunter against it and won with Shadow Ball. I got myself the 7th badge and I healed at the pokemon centre. I saved my game there and my team so far is:

Drifblim - Lvl48
    Haunter - Lvl48
    Rotom - Lvl49
    Dusclops - Lvl48
    Last edited by ToNeS; 5th May 2012 at 6:16 PM.

Funny story - I was doing a Flying monotype runthrough of HeartGold. I was doing pretty well, and had just beaten all 16 gyms. I'd used a Pokémon search on veekun to find which Flying-type Pokémon available in the expanded Johto Dex could learn Rock Climb, and it told me that Gligar could.

However, when I tried to teach HM08 to Gliscor, it failed! Turns out that Gligar only learns Rock Climb in the 5th gen as an egg move. After that I really didn't feel like playing, so this was my final team after 16 badges:

Gliscor - Lv. 51
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Swords Dance
    Thunder Fang

Xatu - Lv. 51
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Me First
    Tailwind

Togekiss - Lv. 51
    Air Slash
    Aura Sphere
    Thunder Wave
    Wish

Mantine - Lv. 51
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Signal Beam
    Confuse Ray

Crobat - Lv. 51
    Cross Poison
    Fly
    Confuse Ray
    Heat Wave

Butterfree - Lv. 52
    Sleep Powder
    Bug Buzz
    Psychic
    Tailwind

EDIT: By the way Zach, I'm not a fan of your trading abuse. Be a man!
    Last edited by TotalPotato; 6th May 2012 at 4:29 AM.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

After defeating Candice, I flew back to Solaceon Town to check up on both of my Snorunts and it seems I got myself an Egg. So I went my time going up and down Solaceon Town with a Bicycle to hatch the Egg and I got myself a female Snorunt with a good nature at the first time which I was pleased with. Then I used a Dawn Stone on it which I found earlier in Mt. Coronet before I checked up on the Snorunts. So I proceed to level it up in various places such as routes near Sandgem Town and the Old Chateau which took me tons of patience to do as well as exploring the sea routes near Sandgem Town to level up my Froslass even more. After I'm satisfied with the level of my Froslass, I went to Snowpoint City again to find Barry and proceed with the story events. Next I flew to Veilstone City and as I talked to the grunt in front of the HQ, Looker appeared and I went to the warehouse. Looker opened the door for me and I went in after him. I took out all of the grunts with my Froslass and got myself the Galactic Key which I'll need later on. I headed to the pokemon centre and saved there. My team consists of:

Drifblim - Lvl48
    Haunter - Lvl48
    Rotom - Lvl49
    Dusclops - Lvl48
    Froslass - Lvl45

I entered into the HQ of Team Galactic and defeated all of the grunts I encountered there and beated Cyrus which he gave me some trouble since his pokemon knows dark types moves. He gave me a Master Ball for defeating him and he went for Mt. Coronet which is also my next destination. Once I got to Mt. Coronet, I climbed up the mountain and beated the grunts along the way and reached the top of Spear Pillar at last. I encountered Mars and Jupiter as well as Barry who came in to team up with me, however Barry was far from useful as his Munchlax kept on using Stockpile. The battle against Mars and Jupiter was pretty hard as her Purugly and Stuntank spammed Night Slash on my pokemon but I prevailed in the end with the help of my Dusclops and Confuse Ray plus Will-O-Wisp. Once they were both defeated, Cyrus succeeded in opening the portal of the Distortion World and Cynthia arrived. I went into the Distortion World with Cynthia to stop Cyrus so I went through the puzzles and finally reached to Cyrus but this time, he was a lot more tougher than before. His Houndoom gave me a ton of trouble than before but I managed to beat him with my Dusclops and his other pokemon were easy to beat since I had Froslass against his Crobat and Hunchkrow. After the fight, Cynthia healed my pokemon and I fought against Giratina. I used my Haunter to weaken it and used Hypnosis. I managed to lower Giratina's health to a thread and caught it with a Dusk Ball. I exited the Distortion World and made my way towards SunyShore City.

Once I got there, I headed to the lighthouse to see Volkner and I went to his gym. His gym was the hardest gym I fought through however I finally reached Volkner himself and battled him. His Luxray gave me a hard time since it knew Crunch but with my Confuse Ray and other status aliments my pokemon knows, it helped me secure my victory against him. I finally obtained my 8th badge and healed myself up. After that, I went to the beach where I saw Barry and Jasmine. She gave me the last HM Waterfall which will help me through Victory Road. I discovered that Bibarel was the best HM slave for the job so I released both Finneon and Grotle and caught Bibarel and made it my HM slave to get through Victory Road. However, once I found out that you need a total of 6 HM's to use to get through Victory Road, I had no choice but to teach Dusclops Strength to make room for Bibarel to learn Waterfall so I went to the Move Deleter in Canalave City to forget Strength from Bibarel and learn Waterfall. I found useful TM's such as Dark Pulse which I taught Rotom to and I used the TM Toxic to Dusclops since he has the highest defense and special defense that can outlast any pokemon.

Once I got through Victory Road, I healed and saved there and proceeded to fight against the Elite Four then suddenly Barry came to fight me one last time. His pokemon were a lot tougher as his Snorlax 1-hit K.O'ed both my Haunter and my Rotom but my Dusclops used Toxic and Confuse Ray on Snorlax which sealed my victory. After the fight, I healed my pokemon again and went to fight the Eiter Four. Overall, Aaron was easy, Bertha and Flint were moaderately hard although Flint gave me more trouble than Bertha since his Houndoom and Infernape have moves that were super effective against my pokemon and Lucian was easy. Once I reached to Cynthia, I fought against her I managed pretty well against her pokemon as I used Haunter to defeat Spiritomb, Rotom to defeat Milotic, Froslass to defeat Lucario which was lucky for me despite the type advantage Lucario has, Drifblim defeated Roserade, Rotom again defeated Togekiss and Drifblim defeated Garchomp which was her strongest pokemon to defeat. I could've used Froslass to beat Garchomp in one go but Blizzard kept on missing so I had rottern luck but in the end I won. My team so far is:

Drifblim - Lvl54
    Mild Nature

Fly
    Shadow Ball
    Charge Beam
    Ominous Wind

Haunter - Lvl54
    Modest Nature

Hypnosis
    Shadow Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Dream Eater

Rotom - Lvl55
    Quiet Nature

Discharge
    Dark Pulse
    Ominous Wind
    Confuse Ray

Dusclops - Lvl54
    Lonely Nature

Toxic
    Strength
    Confuse Ray
    Shadow Punch

Froslass - Lvl56
    Lonely Nature

Crunch
    Blizzard
    Ominous Wind
    Confuse Ray

I was thinking of doing one of these for pearl, so what would the best type be, and easily accessible for the start of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by vicz1998 View Post
    I was thinking of doing one of these for pearl, so what would the best type be, and easily accessible for the start of the game?
    Normal wouldn't be a bad type. Then there is also Fighting, Grass, possibly Water. Just do what you think will be fun.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Hey everyone, hope you're all having good luck with your challenges~

Okay, so I beat Byron in Canalave City, went through the bomb explosion nonsense in the Library, beat Saturn at lake Valor, and Mars (for the second time) at lake Verity. Now i'm traveling on Route 216 up toward Snowpoint city, and Lake Acuity to save Barry's behind. My team hasn't leveled up much, but here they are:

Nala-Level 43-Naive Nature
    Acorn-Level 43-Careful Nature
    Zepplin-Level 43-Hasty Nature
    Minnie-Level 43-Brave Nature

I'm also planning on (hopefully) obtaining a Magnemite soon for my team. I went and captured Rotom in the Old Chateu as well, but it's being left off my team, because I forgot there can't be legendaries ^^;

Are you allowed to use a Pokemon that type will end up in your monotype, For example I am thinking of starting a Flying challenge would Togepi be against the spirit of the challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by homerjunior View Post
    Are you allowed to use a Pokemon that type will end up in your monotype, For example I am thinking of starting a Flying challenge would Togepi be against the spirit of the challenge?
    Nope, it would be perfectly fine as long you evolve it.
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerdude View Post
    Normal wouldn't be a bad type. Then there is also Fighting, Grass, possibly Water. Just do what you think will be fun.
    Ok, thanks. I'll try normal, as I haven't really used it before!

I will be starting a Ice Monotype on my pearl. I will need to trade most of the pokemon over 'cause you dont get any for ages

Planed team
    -Cloyster
    -Lapras
    -Snorunt
    -Spheal
    -Glaceon
    -Sneasel
    Last edited by eontrainer9; 11th May 2012 at 9:44 AM.
    One small experience point, one giant evolution.

Doing a mono-poison challenge in Pearl
    Team so far:
    Zubat lv 16
    Budew lv 15 (Trying to evolve for Leech Seed)
    I'll be getting a Stunky from the GTS hopefully and the rest should be pretty easy to find in-game.

Planned Team:
    Crobat
    Roserade
    Skuntank
    Toxicroak
    Drapion
    Gengar/Haunter <-- Depends if I can trade with someone

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Hey everybody. Boy, has it been a while...
    I struggled a lot training my two level one guys up to a decent level. However, I was finally happy after they both got above 25.
    I went back to Veilstone to finally challenge Maylene. Dustox took on some trainers while Crobat dealt with other (and, occasionally, so did Skorupi).
    I then took on Maylene herself.
    Meditite fell to one Wing Attack from Crobat. Dustox took on her Machoke with a Gust and two Psybeams. Then came Lucario. I figured that a hit from Croagunk's Cross Chop would be my best option, so he was sent in. Lucario OHKO'd him with a crit metal claw. But I had planned for this. Now Roselia had its turn. I Leech Seeded it and got a Drain Punch in return. I prepared to Stun Spore and got hit by ANOTHER crit metal claw. I had not prepared for this. I sent in Gengar. I revived Croagunk in case Gengar was unable to finish it. I then proceeded to put Lucario to sleep with one Hypnosis and then kill it with two Shadow Balls. The third badge is mine!

I healed and am about to head over to the warehouses to help Dawn get her Pokédex back.

Team:
    - Timid - lvl 30
    - Quiet - lvl 26
    - Niave - lvl 29
    - Quiet - lvl 26
    - Impish - lvl 26
    - Jolly - lvl 28
        Spoiler:- Trained 'mons in White:

Spoiler:- Current challenges:

I decided it was time to write my story so far.

After getting Tutwig as my starter(<3), I headed to Jubalife City after visiting the Prof. and Dawn showing me how to catch a pokemon. After getting my Pokewatch thingy... I Battled my Rival with just Turtwig barely made it out alive... I then proceeded to change the time to make it night a search for my Zubat and start my challenge. After a few minutes of searching I finally found him and, of course, he was very shy and Modest about his abilities... He was named Niamo. After some major confusion hax, and one long Niamo vs Zubat battle, we got to level nine after beating all the Trainers and moving on. I went Oreburg to battle Roark and realized that Niamo would have to confuse the heck out of his pokes and I had to abuse FusionFlinch to the max if I wanted a chance to win. So, after deciding I was toast and was going to grind a little, I realized Budew was available and has Absorb.

I went back to Jubalife and caught Budew and named it Romano! After some major training in the Oreburg Mine, we were ready for the Gym. I battled the trainers inside with little to no problem. Romano make quick work of the Geodude and Onyx, but was brought down by Craniados. Thankfully I taught Niamo Hidden Power [Psychic] and with one blow, took down Craniados and won the badge!

On our way to Floroma Town, we ran into two Galactic Grunts and with the help of Dawn took them both down. We obtained the Fasion case and moved on. In Floraroma Town. Romano was level 15 and Niamo was level 16, but I really wanted Leech Seed and decided to make Budew's happiness level increase to 220... And after about an hour+ just walking and 28,000 steps later, Romano became a Roselia and learned Leech Seed! Now were are going to beat Juniper at the Valley Wind Works.

Current Team:
    lv 16
    lv 16

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

I was thinking of getting back into challenges again after my failed SS Poison Mono-Type run. So now i am going to do a Ground mono-type run in Platinum.
    Here is my planned final team.
    Torterra Steelix Hippowdon Rhyperior Garchomp Gliscor
    If you have any other things you wanna add, maybe pokemon to keep in subs or other stuff please tell me.
    I am an experienced Artist, Breeder and Cloner (I don't use PokeCheck)
    Contact me if you want any pokemon breeding, cloning or want to request some art.
    Here is a list of my breeding and cloning services:
        Spoiler:- Services:

Please be specific in what you would like and contact me via a PM. I will give you my freind code when we have an agreement on the trade.
    Please be aware trading me a hacked pokemon is a scam and you will be denied any further trades
    (I will only trade pokemon that i am sure of being 100% legit)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarimew2 View Post
    I was thinking of getting back into challenges again after my failed SS Poison Mono-Type run. So now i am going to do a Ground mono-type run in Platinum.
    Here is my planned final team.
    Torterra Steelix Hippowdon Rhyperior Garchomp Gliscor
    If you have any other things you wanna add, maybe pokemon to keep in subs or other stuff please tell me.
    I think you should try a altogether different team than Bertha because she also specialises in Ground types.You can try Torterra,Steelix,Garchomp,Gastrodon,Wormadam Sandy Cloak and Mamoswine.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Im not gonna do this challenge yet but thanks for your suggestions. i forgot about bertha so when i do this mamoswine would be a good choice.
    I am an experienced Artist, Breeder and Cloner (I don't use PokeCheck)
    Contact me if you want any pokemon breeding, cloning or want to request some art.
    Here is a list of my breeding and cloning services:
        Spoiler:- Services:

Please be specific in what you would like and contact me via a PM. I will give you my freind code when we have an agreement on the trade.
    Please be aware trading me a hacked pokemon is a scam and you will be denied any further trades
    (I will only trade pokemon that i am sure of being 100% legit)

I have all 5 fourth generation games. Can anyone recommend me types for these? Also I know this is kinda strange but I will trading in an alternate starter for each. Something from a different region sounds cool.

@spra92
    you should try a flying run on pearl

i was thinking about doing a steel run trough soul silver
    my team
    -steelix : i have always wanted one but never got around to training one
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast