Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

I started playing today by exploring Canalave. When I tried to walk across the bridge, my rival showed up. This surprised me because I had forgotten that he battled you there...
    Fortunately, I had just healed my Pokemon, so I was ready for battle.

After my rival was defeated, I went to do some training in places that I hadn't gone to yet. First, I went Surfing on the ocean portion of Route 213 and battled the trainers there. Next, I went to Sandgem Town and headed south. I trained on the ocean there and on the land leading to the Pal Park. Then, I flew back to Canalave, where I took the boat to Iron Island. I met Riley there and he gave me the HM for Strength. I then went inside the cave and began to look around. Eventually, I was able to team up with Riley and take down some Team Galactic members.
    Oh, I went to Fuego Ironworks, too.

When all that was done, I went to the Canalave Gym. I battled every trainer and made my way to Byron. As usual, this Gym battle was very easy. I took down Steelix with Octillery, while Quagsire took care of Magneton and Bastiodon. I got badge #6 and then saved the game.

Team:
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 21st August 2013 at 9:22 AM.

I left Professor Elm's lab after giving him the Mystery Egg and then I decided to leave town to start my journey. I headed into Route 29 and I encountered Lyra there. She taught me how to catch Pokemon in the tall grass there, then she left and I continued to make my way back to Cherrygrove City. I battled against wild Pokemon along the way in order to train Totodile some more, then I healed him at the Pokemon Center in Cherrygrove City. I headed north to Route 30 and I could finally battle the trainers along the route. I had a hard time though since my only Pokemon was Totodile. Still, I was able to make it all the way to Dark Cave and I explored it a bit before heading west to Violet City. I battled the last couple of trainers on that route and I finally arrived at the gatehouse that led to Violet City. I met Lyra there once more and she gave me the VS Recorder item. I saved before heading out.

- Level 11

When I left the Canalave Gym, my rival was waiting for me. He talked for a bit and then went to the library. I went there too. My rival was on the top floor with Lucas and Prof. Rowan. I listened to Rowan talk for a while, then an earthquake happened. We then watched the news and found out that there was an explosion at Lake Valor.

So, I went to the lake. The water was mostly gone and a bunch of Magikarp were flopping around. Team Galactic was there, too. I battled all the Galactic members, including Saturn. After that, I flew to Twinleaf Town and headed to Lake Verity. There were more Team Galactic members at that lake, so I defeated all of them and Mars.

When all that was done, I went to Celestic Town and then went inside Mt. Coronet. I did some exploring and found a few items. Eventually, I made my way through the cave and ended up on the snowy route. Currently, I am making my way up north to Lake Acuity and Snowpoint.

Team:

Once I had arrived in Violet City I healed my Totodile at the local Pokemon Center, then I wandered around town a bit. I bought some items at the Poke Mart, then I visited the local Pokemon Academy and I spoke to Earl there. I headed to Route 32 to the south of Violet City afterwards since I wanted to catch a wild Wooper for my team. I encountered one in the night and I headed back to Violet City in order to battle the Sages at the Sprout Tower since Falkner wouldn't appear in the Gym until I did that. I entered the Sprout Tower and I battled against some of the Sages on the first two floors. I trained both Totodile and Wooper that way and I eventually reached the tower's summit and I battled more Sages there.

- Level 12
    - Level 9

I continued on my way to Snowpoint City. On the way there, I battled some trainers, ran into Maylene, and found the Rock Climb HM. I also spent some time using the dowsing app on my Poketch to find some items hidden in the snow. Eventually, I arrived at the Acuity Lakefront, where I saw my rival on the top of a cliff. However, I couldn't follow him up there yet because I wasn't able to use Rock Climb.

I then made it to Snowpoint and went to the Pokemon Center. Once my Pokemon were healed, I bought a few more healing items and explored the town. Then, I went to the Gym. I dealt with the trainers there first, and then worked on the puzzle. I slid around on the ice and smashed the snowballs until I had cleared a path leading to Candice. I started the Gym battle with Vaporeon, who set up an Aqua Ring and then Baton Passed it to Gyarados. My Gyarados then set up several Dragon Dances and proceeded to sweep Candice's team. I saved after receiving my badge.

Team

I encountered my rival at the top of the Sprout Tower in Violet City and then he left and I was able to challenge the Elder Li to a battle. I defeated his Pokemon with Totodile and Wooper and I obtained the Flash TM from him afterwards. I used an Escape Rope to leave the tower and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I headed to the Ruins of Alph after that and I explored the ruins a bit and I also solved one of the puzzles that was available there. After battling against some wild Unown in the ruins I returned to Violet City and I visited the Violet Gym in order to challenge Falkner. I defeated his two Gym trainers easily, and after I healed my Pokemon once more, I returned to the Gym where I saved.

- Level 13
    - Level 10

Just started SS Monotype Normal type run. Got myself a Pidgey and put my starter (Chikorita) in the pc and now I'm in Sprout Tower. I will be updating my adventure after every gym battle if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Nitsuj; 3rd September 2013 at 2:01 PM.

I challenged Falkner at the Violet City Gym and I used Wooper against his Pidgey first. That battle was easy since I won with a single Water Gun attack, but I had a harder time with Pidgeotto. I used Totodile against it but even when I weakened it with Bite and Water Gun it just used Roost to heal itself. I eventually got it with a critical hit Bite attack and I defeated Gym Leader Falkner. I obtained the Zephyr Badge and the Roost TM and I headed out of the Gym. My next task was to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center so I did that. I then walked over to the Poke Mart where I obtained an egg from Professor Elm's assistant. I shopped for items there and I met a Kimono Girl outside. She left and I quickly saved.

- Level 14
    - Level 11

So, little update: I ended up beating Falkner, had some trouble with Pidgeotto Roosting but ended up turning it around. Went and healed up then made my way to Azalea Town; Team Rocket didn't pose any threat. Went through the Gym, got up to Bugsy with my now Pidgeotto (Lv 20). After taking down Scyther Pidgeotto walked over Metapod and Kakuna went and Healed took down my rival and then saved. Thinking of adding Ditto to my team.

Any feedback would be great. Also willing to take Pokemon anyone suggests. I'll leave two slots open for anyone who has a Pokemon they want me to use.

I left the Snowpoint Gym and healed my team at the Pokemon Center. I then went out to the Acuity Lakefront and used Rock Climb to reach the lake. There, I saw my rival and Jupiter. After listening to them talk, I flew to Veilstone City.

In Veilstone, I had to go to Team Galactic's headquarters. I explored both the warehouse and the main HQ building. It took me quite a bit of time to cover the whole place because there were were many warp panels, trainers to battle, and items to collect. Eventually, I found Cyrus, and had to battle him. I defeated most of his team with my Vaporeon, but then it fainted to a Critical Hit from his Honchkrow. I had to send in Empoleon to finish it off.

After that battle, I continued on my way through the building until I entered a room with Charon, Saturn, and the Lake Trio Pokemon. I defeated Saturn in battle and then freed Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie. I saved my game after that.

Team

I headed south from Violet City and I wandered back into Route 32. I started to battle against the trainers in the area and I also battled some wild Pokemon in the tall grass. I arrived at the bridge part of the route and I battled some Fisherman class trainers and I also registered one of them in my Pokegear. I headed south some more until I arrived at the Pokemon Center near the entrance to Union Cave. I healed my Pokemon there and I also obtained an Old Rod from a guy inside. I headed out and I used the Old Rod in the water and I caught a Magikarp. I decided to keep it on my team and I trained it and my other Pokemon in the tall grass around Route 32 some more to train them. I saved after about 20 minutes.

- Level 15
    - Level 12
    - Level 12

I left Team Galactic's headquarters and healed at the Pokemon Center. I then went back to some areas that I had been to before in order to explore them further now that I have Rock Climb. I also battled some trainers to level up a few of my Pokemon.

Then, I headed to Mt. Coronet. On the mountain, I explored the caves and snowy parts, found many items, and battled Team Galactic members. Eventually, I reached the Spear Pillar. There, my rival and I teamed up and fought Mars and Jupiter. That battle wasn't too bad, but I did most of the work since my rival's Pokemon were weaker. After that, I watched Cyrus summon Dialga and Palkia, and then the entrance to the Distortion World appeared. Cynthia and I followed Cyrus into the portal.

In the Distortion World, I made my way across all the weird floating platforms, walked on walls, etc. With the help of the Lake Trio, I had to push several boulders into holes. When that was done, Cynthia and I were able to reach Cyrus and I then battled him. He was tougher than last time, but I managed to beat him easily once my Gyarados set up its Dragon Dance.

After the Cyrus battle, I had to fight Giratina. I did not want to use the Master Ball on it like I normally do, so I had my Empoleon get it down to red health and then I started tossing balls. It took quite a few of my Ultra Balls, but I caught it eventually.

Team

I used the Old Rod once again to try and find a wild Tentacool along Route 32. It took a while since they're rare, but I finally found and caught one. I decided to add it to my monotype team and I entered Union Cave after healing my Pokemon again. Inside I battled against some trainers and wild Pokemon. My Totodile and Wooper were great at battling, but Tentacool needed to be leveled up some more so I trained it against some wild Geodude and Rattata. Tentacool slowly got stronger and I continued to wander through Union Cave until I found the exit. I arrived at the rainy Route 33 and I picked some Apricorns and battled a Hiker nearby. I headed toward the Slowpoke Well and I saved after seeing a TR grunt.

- Level 16
    - Level 13
    - Level 13
    - Level 12

I exited the Distortion World with Cynthia and ended up at Sendoff Spring. From there, I flew to Sandgem Town and went inside the lab. After talking to Prof. Rowan, I flew to Pastoria and made my way to the Valor Lakefront. Finally, I was able to go to Sunyshore City and so I turned right onto the route leading to it.

Upon entering Sunyshore, I met Flint. I ignored most of the city and instead headed north and used Surf. I explored the water area leading to the Pokemon League and trained for the Gym. Once I was done training, I went back to town and then went to the Vista Lighthouse. In there, I saw Volkner and talked to him in order to get him to go back to the Gym.

At the Gym, I battled all the trainers and navigated my way through the puzzle. I then battled Volkner. My Quagsire was extremely useful in this battle, since it was immune to Electric attacks and knew Earthquake. Quagsire defeated Volkner's entire team and I now have my last badge.

Team

After passing by the Slowpoke Well, I arrived in the main portion of Azalea Town and I quickly visited the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon inside. I headed over to the Poke Mart afterwards, then the Azalea Town Gym until I remembered that I had to solve the Slowpoke Well issue before battling Bugsy. I wandered over to Kurt's house and after picking a White Apricorn in his yard, I spoke with him. He was upset with the Team Rocket operation at the Slowpoke Well and he went to stop them. I followed him to the Well only to find him injured. I had to take care of Team Rocket myself so I battled against the various Team Rocket grunts inside. I eventually reached Proton but I saved before battling him.

- Level 16
    - Level 13
    - Level 13
    - Level 13

I left the Sunyshore Gym and went to heal at the Pokemon Center. I then headed to the beach, where I met Jasmine. I obtained the Waterfall HM from her and taught it to several of my team members. I then used Surf and began to go north. I eventually arrived at the waterfall in front of Victory Road. I climbed it and then went inside the cave.

Victory Road was quite a large place, so it took me some time to get through. I thoroughly explored all the rooms and trained against the tough trainers there. Once I found the exit, I left and headed up to the Pokemon League building. I had my Pokemon's health restored and then had a battle against my rival. His team was much stronger than the last time I fought him, so some of his Pokemon were tough to take down. However, he did do some weird/dumb things that really helped me out, e.g. he had his Staraptor use U-Turn and switched in his Rapidash...on my Pokemon's STAB Surf!

I stopped playing for today after beating my rival. Next time, I will train for the Elite Four.

Team

Starting a STEEL Monotype in my beloved Platinum

I got a Female Piplup from Professor Rowan (how lucky! 25%!) which will be my first to-be Steel type. Flash forward to Dawn. Easily, I went through the routes and beat my rival pretty easily. Then I went to Orebough City and stormed the gym there. I actually realised my Prinplup was already lv. 20, and there was literally nothing I could catch to be used as my rock smashing slave. So I somehow caught a Shinx to catch a Bidoof. Don't worry, nothing rule-breaking here since after I caught Bidoof I released Shinx.

After fighting Team Rocket, I went past the Ravaged Path easily (with my new Bidoof) and got to Floaroma Town, where I beat the grunt in front of the windworks. Then I saved an innocent man from Galactic Grunts who creepily wants to use honey to attract Pokemon (Honestly, sounds pretty stupid if you ask me). At that point, my DS was running low on health! So I just quickly sprayed honey on a bark and turned it off after saving. I turned it on again to collect my reward, and YES! It was a Burmy (but it's male). So after another two tries of resetting the Burmy on the honey tree, I got a Lv. 14 Female Burmy with Adamant. There isn't anything wrong with abusing that right?

PokeTeam
    (Atlantis)
    Lv. 20/Torrent
    Bashful with Bubblebeam/Peck/Metal Claw/Pound

(Worma)
    Lv. 14/Shed Skin
    Adamant with Protect/Tackle

HM SLAVE

Expecting a hopefully by next update!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Today, I did my training for the Elite Four. I spent a couple of hours rematching various trainers around Sinnoh. When I was done, every Pokemon on my team was level 60.

Then, I decided to visit the lakes to get the Lake Trio registered in my Pokedex. First, I visited Lake Verity and got Mesprit to start roaming the region. Next, I went to catch Azelf. I got it down to red health easily, but then I had an absolutely horrendous time catching it. On my first attempt, I had to constantly use healing items on my Pokemon because Azelf maxed out its Special Attack with Nasty Plot and scored several critical hits on me. It ended up killing itself from Struggle recoil after an hour-long battle and 70 balls used. Fortunately, I caught it on my second attempt, after a much shorter battle.

I decided to leave Uxie until next time because I really didn't feel like going after another legendary today. There's a good chance I'll do the Elite Four next time too.

Team

Platinum Monotype: Strong as Steel Update Two

What a beautiful day...! After getting my lovely Worma, I went to Valley Windworks and beat up the bad guys. I'm glad I only had to train Worma for one level, since if I caught the original Lv. 11 one *shudder*, I'd have to waste so much time grinding it to Level 15, which is a serious pain. Anyways, with Bug Bite, Worma became the MVP of our Eterna Forest Run. After reaching Eterna City (kept it at Level 19 on purpose), I went to challenge the gym.

The gym was far from hard, and Worma, with its Bug Bite, quickly took out the gym trainers. It was on the second trainer that my beloved Worma evolved... into a Bug/Steel Wormadam! After the evolution, I proceeded to beat up the Eterna City Gym Leader, thanks to my x4 resistance to grass and Bug Bite stealing all her berries! I felt lucky since I managed to get Cherrim's Sun Forme registered in my Pokedex too! Anyways, after leaving the gym, I saved up and stopped playing.

Gym Badges: 2

PokeTeam
    (Atlantis)
    Lv. 25/Torrent

(Worma)
    Lv. 23/Anticipation
    Adamant with Protect/Tackle/Bug Bite/Hidden Power [Poison/Bug]

HM SLAVE

Expect our third team member, a lovely and hopefully Fantina by next update!

Also, poor Worma has this crappy Hidden Power called Poison or Bug, haven't worked out which one it is yet, both are baaaaaaaaaaaad anyways. I have no luck with HP in-game T_T

ASB Squad

I battled against Proton inside of the Slowpoke Well and I used my Tentacool against his Zubat. I defeated it with Acid and Constrict, then I battled against Proton's Koffing. I used Totodile's Water Gun against it and I beat Proton. He and the other Team Rocket members fled the cave and I returned to Azalea Town. I spoke to Kurt and he thanked me for saving the Slowpoke Well. I obtained a Fast Ball from him and then I left the town in order to train some more at Union Cave and the Slowpoke Well. I caught a wild Slowpoke in the Well and I added it to my team. I continued to train until my Pokemon were at a high enough level so that I could finally challenge the Azalea Town Gym. I saved the game inside of the Gym.

- Level 17
    - Level 15
    - Level 15
    - Level 15
    - Level 11

I went to catch Uxie today. It was much easier to catch than Azelf was and took fewer than 20 balls to catch. After that, O flew to the Pokemon League, healed my team, and stocked up on healing items. I then challenged the Elite Four!

Vs. Aaron
    I started with Empoleon. His Yanmega used Double Team, but fortunately my Empoleon's Ice Beam still hit and defeated it. I then switched to Octillery and had it take down the next three Pokemon. Aaron's last Pokemon was Drapion, which I defeated using Quagsire.

Vs. Bertha
    My lead for this fight was Octillery because it was really close to levelling up. I then used Floatzel against Gliscor, Golem, and Rhyperior. When Hippowdon came out, I decided to send in Quagsire and see what it could do. However, Quagsire had a hard time ripping through Hippowdon's defence so I ended up sending in Gyarados to finish the battle.

Vs. Flint
    Empoleon started the battle, facing Flint's Houndoom. Empoleon did win, but it wasn't super easy because Houndoom used Sunny Day. I had to use my weaker moves for a few turns because I wasn't sure if Surf would do enough and I didn't want to risk Flint using a Full restore. Empoleon was at red health after Houndoom fainted, so I switched to Floatzel. I had Floatzel set up Rain Dance, which really benefited my team. Floatzel, Vaporeon, and Quagsire helped finish this battle.

Vs. Lucian
    Gyarados defeated Mr. Mime. It also beat Gallade, albeit on low health since it got hit by Gallade's Stone Edge. I used Octillery against Espeon. Octillery was slower than Espeon and lost more than half its health from Espeon's attack. Signal Beam also brought Espeon's HP to under 50%, and confused it. Espeon hurt itself the next turn, allowing Octillery to beat it. The next Pokemon Lucian used was Alakazam. I tried using Quagsire against it, but then found out it knew Energy Ball. I sent it Floatzel and used it to defeat both Alakazam and Bronzong.

Vs. Cynthia
    Started with Vaporeon. I had it set up an Aqua Ring and then used Baton Pass. I sent in Gyarados and began to use Dragon Dance. I then proceeded to sweep through Cynthia's team with no problem at all.

I defeated the E4 and Champion, entered the Hall of Fame, and watched the credits. My Water monotype challenge is now complete!

Final Team

Level 60-62

Platinum Monotype Update Three: Shingeki no Galactic

After beating the gym, I went east towards Mt. Coronet to get myself a cool Bronzor. There were Nosepass there, but I'll pass, since I'm still contemplating on which mon for that last slot.

Eterna City is a cool place. Galactic Building is a swag place. So I entered the building, hoping to get recruited, but Looker thinks I'm helping him out. So close! Anyways, so I went around the place and challenged the grunts. While the grunts were easy, Reflect aka my Bronzor had trouble since he was underleveled. I temporarily retreated to the PokeCentre and went west, to find Dawn's dad giving me an Exp Share. A godsend as I slapped it on Bronzor. Anyways, after attacking and beating the crap out of everyone, I challenge Venus... or wait, it's Jupiter... No Saturn? Or Uranus. Le shrug as I just beat her and her wimpy Skuntank with my awesome Wormadam. Looks like the fact I have a Wormadam makes me too swag for Galactic.

After defeating Team Galactic and sending them packing, I got a free bike. I then descended down the Cycling Road, thinking Reflect should be strong enough, but nope! More Exp leeching time for him. Mild Nature really hurts lol. After slightly training Atlantic, I went to Orebough City to heal some Pokemon and see Nurse Joy before saving.

PokeTeam
    (Atlantis)
    Lv. 27 Female/Torrent

(Worma)
    Lv. 24 Female/Anticipation
    Adamant with Protect/Tackle/Bug Bite/Confusion

(Reflect)
    Lv. 17 Genderless/Levitate
    Mild with Confusion/Hypnosis/Imprison/Confuse Ray

HM SLAVE

When I said I would challenge Fantina, I lied. Hopefully some serious Bonjour action next update!

ASB Squad

Inside the Azalea Town Gym I had to navigate around using those Spinarak carts which was annoying. I battled against the Gym trainers and their Bug-type Pokemon as I did that and I would have left the Gym to heal my Pokemon afterwards like I usually do, but the thought of re-doing the Gym puzzle made me hesitate so I just challenged Bugsy the moment I reached his spot. I used my newly-evolved Croconaw against his Scyther, but it trolled me by using U-turn and switching out to Kakuna. I defeated Kakuna with Croconaw's Water Gun, then I used Wooper against Bugsy's Metapod. I defeated it with Slam, then I used Tentacool and Croconaw against Scyther. Once I had beaten Bugsy I earned the Hive Badge.

- Level 18
    - Level 16
    - Level 15
    - Level 16
    - Level 12

Default Platinum - Strong as Steel Four: Smart Mon doing 'Smart' things

Remember I said I would take on Fantina? 2nd Lie (or was it third). Going past Mt Galactic, I proceeded into Hearthome City after collecting some berries from a guy and his backyard (I feel guilty lol). Quickly, I saw mom in the city. What is she doing there, lol? She should be at home cleaning the room that Bianca and Cheren made... What do you mean by wrong region?! Anyways, got some flashy stuff. I decide to go and make some poffins for my Pokemon. I gave Bronzor some bitter stuff to make him smarter, and his face was emotionless so I guess he might be pissed. Won the normal rank smart contest with a huge lead over others, despite 2/4 appeals were cool moves. Contests, pfft.

Went into Fantina's gym and ran into the first lass. She was annoying and spammed Pain Split. Looks like my first grinding section will come soon before taking on the Bonjour Gym Leader!

PokeTeam
    (Atlantis)
    Lv. 29 Female/Torrent

(Worma)
    Lv. 25 Female/Anticipation
    Adamant with Protect/Tackle/Bug Bite/Confusion

(Reflect)
    Lv. 22 Genderless/Levitate
    Mild with Extrasensory/Hypnosis/Imprison/Confuse Ray

HM SLAVE

GRIND CHALLENGE IS ON!

ASB Squad

After getting my hands on the Hive Badge from Bugsy, I headed out and I healed my Pokemon. I bought some items as well but then as I made my way to the Ilex Forest, I encountered my rival and I had to battle him. I used Slowpoke against Gastly, but it got injured so I switched to Croconaw instead. I beat Gastly with Croconaw's Bite attack, and I used Wooper against Zubat. Finally, I used my Tentacool against my rival's Bayleef and after beating him I healed my Pokemon once more. I headed into the Ilex Forest after that and I battled some wild Pokemon, then I arrived at a tree that was blocking the path. I had to help round up the two Farfetch'd in order to get the Cut HM so I saved before doing so.

- Level 19
    - Level 16
    - Level 16
    - Level 17
    - Level 14

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast