Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

I left MooMoo Farm after feeding the sick Miltank and I picked a Green Apricorn outside. I headed south on Route 39 and I battled a few trainers and explored the tall grass and battled more wild Pokemon. I then arrived in Olivine City and as I walked towards the Olivine Gym, I spotted my rival who told me that the Gym Leader was out. I headed over to the Pokemon Center to heal my team, then I went to the Poke Mart and bought items. I visited some houses around the city and I got the Good Rod from a Fishing Guru in one of the houses. I fished around the water by the harbor and I caught a wild Krabby. I didn't add it to my team though. I just wandered over to the Glitter Lighthouse to find Jasmine.

- Level 28
    - Level 26
    - Level 25
    - Level 24
    - Level 23

Hi, I'm planning on doing a SoulSilver Poison type challenge for my first monotype challenge. After much consideration (i thought of doing a Emerald Dark or Grass type or a SS Bug type but I decided on this) i thought Poison type for SS would be best due to the fact that they are relatively abundant in SS and it allows me to appreciate my new found love for the type.

Planned team

1. Gengar
    2. Crobat
    3. Victreebel
    4. Tentacruel
    5. Arbok(?)
    6. Unsure

If someone could recommend a sixth pokemon and, if possible, a better choice than arbok (never used it so i don't know how powerful it is)
    Charizard

Enought Said

If you are able to trade, take the Swalot of course :P
    Elsewise I guess Venomoth would be a good addition
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

I climbed the Glitter Lighthouse and I battled some trainers as I rose higher towards the summit of the building. I had to jump out of the side at one point and I arrived at Gym Leader Jasmine's location eventually. I spoke to her and she told me about the sick Ampharos and how she didn't want to leave it to find medicine. Instead I was given the task of obtaining the SecretPotion for the Ampharos, so I headed down the elevator and I prepared to leave Olivine City after stocking up on items. I headed west towards Route 40 and I walked along the coast. I Surfed and moved along the water and I battled some Swimmers and wild Tentacool along the way. I headed south towards the Whirl Islands and battled more trainers.

- Level 29
    - Level 26
    - Level 25
    - Level 25
    - Level 24

So I've started a Poison Monotype challenge.

Only rule (excpet for the poisons only) is I must nickname all Pokemon

Vinnie the Bellsprout
    Level: 10
    Moves: Vine Whip, Growth

Martin the Beedrill
    Moveset: Poison Sting, String Shot, Harden, Fury Attack

Spooks the Gastly
    Moveset: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Mean Look

Zusan the Zubat
    Level: 9
    Moveset: Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish
    Last edited by Charizardfan900; 7th March 2014 at 9:24 PM.
    Charizard

Enought Said

As I approached Route 41 and the Whirl Islands, I battled against more wild Pokemon and some Swimmers. I soon arrived at the sandy shore of Cianwood City and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center upon arrival. I then visited the local pharmacy and I picked up the SecretPotion key item that Jasmine's sick Ampharos needed. I explored some more houses around Cianwood City, then I wandered north and spotted Suicune sitting alone by some rocks. I approached it, but it fled and Eusine showed up again. I battled him and I had a hard time against his Haunter and Electrode, but I defeated him eventually and healed my Pokemon again. I then returned to Route 41 to do some extra training there.

- Level 30
    - Level 27
    - Level 26
    - Level 26
    - Level 25

Update 1

Beaten the first two gyms and now in goldenrod. early levels were a pain due to very weak moves but now each team member have decent moves.

Falkner was the toughest challenge so far. His pidgey lost quite easily to Martin the Beedrill, but Pidgeotto took out Martin, Vinnie and Spooks before losing to Zusan the Zubat.

Bugsy was easier. Scyther provided a somewhat difficult challenge, almost fainting new team member Trevor the Tentacool. Spooks, using Hypnosis and Curse, managed too take his health down to orange, before he woke up and used u-turn, hurting spooks quiet badly. He switched to Kakuna and i switched to Venom, the new ekans, who took out the entire team from there by spamming bite.

Current Team

Venom the Ekans
    Level: 16
    Moveset: Wrap, Glare, Poison Sting, Bite

Zusan the Zubat
    Level: 16
    Moveset: Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish, Bite

Martin the Beedrill
    Level: 15
    Moveset: Poison Sting, Focus Energy, Harden, Cut

Vinnie the Bellsrpout
    Level:16
    Moveset: Vine Whip, Growth, Posionpowder, Sleep Powder

Trevor the Tentacool
    Level: 14
    Moveset: Poison Sting, Supersonic, Constrict, Acid.

Spooks the Gastly
    Level: 15
    Moveset: Hypnosis, Lick, Night Shade, Curse.
    Charizard

Enought Said

After Surfing around Route 41 and the Whirl Islands, I headed back to Cianwood City in order to finally challenge the Gym trainers within the Cianwood City Gym. I walked around the shallow water and since I couldn't challenge Chuck yet given that he was sitting under a waterfall, I walked over to battle the Gym trainers. I defeated their Fighting-type Pokemon easily with Gyarados and Slowpoke mostly, then I pressed a button and I finally got to challenge Gym Leader Chuck. I used Feraligatr against his Primeape and I defeated it with Surf. I then switched over to Slowpoke to battle Chuck's Poliwrath and I defeated it with a couple of Confusion attack which were super effective. I then won the Storm Badge and saved.

- Level 31
    - Level 28
    - Level 27
    - Level 27
    - Level 27

A suggestion for some people: ground type in diamond.
    Starter turtwig for tortera (grass/ground)
    And you can catch 2 other ground types before the first gym.
    (After the 6 gym you can also catch gible)

I'm sorry for my bad english.

After winning the Storm Badge, I got the Fly HM from Chuck's wife and I Surfed back to Olivine. I headed back up the Olivine Lighthouse and I took the time to re-battle one of the trainers there. I then set off for the summit so that I could give the SecretPotion to Jasmine. I finally arrived at the top of the lighthouse and after handing Jasmine the potion, she healed Ampharos. With that settled, she returned to the Olivine City Gym and I followed after her. I got out of the lighthouse and I healed my Pokemon at the PC and I also purchased several items at the Mart. I got inside of the Olivine City Gym after training a little bit at the route north of the city and I saved before challenging Jasmine for the Mineral Badge.

- Level 33
    - Level 30
    - Level 28
    - Level 28
    - Level 27

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627