Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Since I just completed my Grass monotype (Which you can read about in the Recent Happenings Thread in the Black/White Forum) I decided to do another monotype. I wanted to do it in Heartgold and I wanted it to be a little different than normal so I chose the Rock type.

I did all the beginning stuff and chose Chikorita so my rival would have Cyndaquil. I got the Mystery Egg and Pokedex, beat my rival, and returned to New Bark Town. Once I was able to actually start my journey...I did. Route 46 was my first destination because I wanted to capture my first team member, a Geodude. I began training the Geodude on Route 29 all the way up to lvl 8. I stood before the first trainer on Route 30 and saved the game.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke
        Spoiler:- Current Party:

Sorry I haven't posted, school started this past week and AP classes and band are kicking my ***. Anyway, I found my Platinum game, so later today I'll be starting a Bug type mono. My planned team is:

Kricketune
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Scizor
    Yanmega

I'm too impatient and don't like messing with the honey trees which is why I'm not going to try for a Heracross.

EDIT: My Platinum was left in my moms boyfriends truck, and he lives four hours away, so I'm changing it to Soulsilver. Somebody suggest a type besides Bug because I'm saving that for Platinum. Ground, Poison, Psychic, Fighting, or Electric.
    Last edited by Teebird; 28th August 2011 at 5:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by holy_lucario View Post
    EDIT: My Platinum was left in my moms boyfriends truck, and he lives four hours away, so I'm changing it to Soulsilver. Somebody suggest a type besides Bug because I'm saving that for Platinum. Ground, Poison, Psychic, Fighting, or Electric.
    I'd go with Psychic . You have Espeon , Starmie , Slowbro and Alakazam to use .
    You also have Wobbufett .
    Quote Originally Posted by woogfroo View Post
    My Favorite Pokemon is Deino.

Deino is much more of a puppy kind of adorable. Seriously, have you seen that sprite? It's all 'wrawr!' You can just imagine it playfully biting off the face of that neighbor you don't like. Just precious!

And Xatu as well. Give's you surfer, and an optional flyer. Psychic would be my suggestion as well.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Gonna do a Mono on my Soulsilver soon, if I can decide which one Grass, Psychic, Rock, Fire or Bug.
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 29th August 2011 at 9:46 AM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

i suggest you can doing grass

I beat the few remaining trainers on Route 30 before heading into Violet City. The first thing I did upon entering the city was talk to Primo and recieve a Slugma egg which I hatched into Slugma. I spent a little while training up the Slugma before heading to Sprout Tower. I beat all the Sage's with Slugma and Geodude and recieved Flash. I trained my two Pokemon a little more before taking on the gym. I decided to let Slugma defeat the gym trainers and let Geodude battle Falkner. The actual gym battle was pretty dull thanks to Rock Throw. I exited the gym and was on my way towards Azalea.

I took on all the trainers south of Violet City, including the fishermen. Soon I was in the Union Cave training my team. I beat everyone inside and came out near Azalea Town. Team Rocket was there harrassing the citizens and talking about Slowpoke Tail. I met a man named Kirk and he told me to follow him to the Slowpoke Well. I saved before entering the well.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke

Good job so far Drummer, I like that you're using Slugma.

Anyway, the only problem I see with a Psychic mono is not being able to get a Pokemon until Azalea town, since I have no way to trade. I think I'll just zoom through up until then to nab a Slowpoke skipping as many trainers as possible and then just train him up. Unless anyone else would rather see another one. Anyway, I'll start tonight.(:

Good job so far Drummer, I like that you're using Slugma.

Anyway, the only problem I see with a Psychic mono is not being able to get a Pokemon until Azalea town, since I have no way to trade. I think I'll just zoom through up until then to nab a Slowpoke skipping as many trainers as possible and then just train him up. Unless anyone else would rather see another one. Anyway, I'll start tonight.(:
    Technically, there is Unown (I jest, I jest)

I think I want to do a mono, and I'm leaning towards doing one where I don't trade Pokemon in (ala, no trading a Medicham to SS for a fighting mono) problem is, I can't decide on the type. I'm probably going to do SS though, and I'd prefer a Pokemon that can learn surf and maybe fly. Any suggestions?
    SoulSilver BQ

Ahh, I forgot Unkown. (: I'm going to use that until Slowpoke.

If you want a flyer and surfer, you could do a Poison type and have Tentacruel or Qwilfish and Crobat. or Flying and have Gyarados for your surfer. I'm not sure you can have both a flyer and surfer in a mono on SS without trading though.

EDIT: Rank up.(;

Hmm, well I've done flying before on LG, but Poison sounds kind of intriguing...
    Let's see...
    Crobat
    Tentacruel
    Victreebell/Vileplume
    Weezing (Or Beedrill/Venomoth) ((More likely Weezing)
    Gengar
    Nidoking/Queen

Heh, despite Poison being a lousy stab, that's not a bad team at all. 5/6 dual types, couple of resistant pokemon to ground types, and if I use Venomoth/Beedrill I have a psychic stopper, but Crobat's speed combined with attacks could do that too.

I think I'll use that. Now, should I use a bug, or Weezing?
    SoulSilver BQ

I'd go with Weezing thanks to it's defense, Crobat's speed should be enough to help with Psychic's. Plus Gengar if he can outspeed them. Of course, there are other type's that could learn surf and fly. Like normal could have both. I just look for ones that had both Flying and Water types. Though I would like to read a Poison run on SS and I like the team you've decided on. (:

I'd go with Weezing thanks to it's defense, Crobat's speed should be enough to help with Psychic's. Plus Gengar if he can outspeed them. Of course, there are other type's that could learn surf and fly. Like normal could have both. I just look for ones that had both Flying and Water types. Though I would like to read a Poison run on SS and I like the team you've decided on. (:
    Well it's decided then

I shall be starting it later tonight, so I don't have to cheat the clock to get Gastly. Ill catch Zubat in Dark Cave, Gastly in sprout tower and Bellsprout outside Violet. Whomever I see first will effectively be my "Starter Pokemon."
    SoulSilver BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Doxik View Post
    i suggest you can doing grass
    Problem with that is that I won't have a surfer/flyer well unless I trade..

u have lotad and for flyer u can use random flying pokemon

Team Rocket was merely simple training for my team at this point. I took them all out and went straight for the gym. Since both of my Pokemon are good against Bug types the entire gym was easy, including Bugsy. Geodude took out Scyther and Slugma defeated Kakuna and Metapod. I exited the gym and defeated my rival quickly as well. I entered the Forest, did the Farfetch'd puzzle, and was soon in Goldenrod City.

I took on all of the trainers south and inside of Goldenrod for experience before battling Whitney. Once I felt prepared enough I took on her gym trainers and eventually her. Slugma took out Clefairy and Geodude slowly took out Miltank. I got my 3rd badge, grabbed the Squirtbottle, and headed north.

I skipped every trainer that I could before arriving in front of an odd tree. The odd tree turned out to be a Sudowoodo so I captured it and made it a part of my team. I skippd Ecruteak entirely and went straight to Olivine City. I grabbed the Good Rod and started fishing. After finding Krabby a few times I finally came across the Pokemon I was looking for....Corsola. I captured it and ran back to Ecruteak. I defeated the lone Rocket member and got Surf which I taught to Corsola. I saved after beating the trainers south of Ecruteak.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke

After picking up the Mine Badge from the Canalave City Gym, I headed back out. Once I was outside again, I met up with Dawn, and she said that Professor Rowan wanted to see us at the Canalave City Library. I went inside, and Professor Rowan and my rival were there. Professor Rowan talked to us, then there was an earthquake that was caused by Team Galactic. Professor Rowan ordered us to split up and visit the various lakes around Sinnoh. I healed my Pokemon at the Canalave City Pokemon Center. And after doing some quick training, I left for Lake Valor. I arrived shortly, and I saw that the lake was no longer there because of the Galactic Bomb that had been set off. I saved before battling the Team Galactic grunts.

- Empoleon level 41
    - Gyarados level 39
    - Golduck level 39
    - Floatzel level 38
    - Bibarel level 38
    - Gastrodon level 39
    Last edited by Lorde; 29th August 2011 at 7:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxik View Post
    u have lotad and for flyer u can use random flying pokemon
    I'll prob pre-make my team Like trading 5 eggs

of which's pokemons?

7 tyranitars Bug would be good. You could have like Pinsir, Scizor and other Bugs around the regions Or trade over a couple of eggs.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

i would like to do this on platinum i cant trade and i dont know what type to do please respond

^ You're doing one in 3rd and 4th Gen? Eh Electric could be a good type.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

ehh i dont realy like electric types so mutch and steelixes will kill me

^How about Grass? (although you need a Surf slave)

Otherwise Steel seems decent. Normal could be interesting if you don't like Steel.

Mabey i will

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast