Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Very nice, I will just point out some errors. You put Sunflora's Picture instead of Gastly in your 2nd paragraph. Also in the last paragraph you missed the ; for Exeggcute, Same with Lombre somwhere above that.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

I ran to Cerulean and went straight onto Route 10 to get to the Power Plant. When I got there some guy said a part was stolen and a police officer told me to check near the gym in Cerulean. So I ran back there and found a Rocket grunt and he ran away so I gave chase and soon battled him. He told me where to find the machine part so I grabbed and returned it to the Power Plant and then ran back to Cerulean. I went north and defeated the 6 trainers and saw Misty with a man. He ran, she left, and I went to the gym.

I knew my team would have a disadvantage against the water types so my plan was to skip as many trainers as possible. I ended up having to fight two of them and after healing I took on Misty. Corsola went up against Golduck but fainted so Tyranitar finished it off. She sent in Quagsire and I ended up losing Shuckle, Golem, and Magcargo before Quagsire fainted from poisoning. Tyranitar took out Starmie and Lapras with one move each to end the battle. I got the badge and skedaddled on out.

I went to Lavender to get the expansion for the Pokegear and then woke up the sleeping Snorlax. I ran from the battle and then ran through Diglett's Cave and arrived in Pewter City. I grabbed the Silver Wing before going to the gym. Corsola took out the two trainers and my battle with Brock commenced. Corsola used Surf to take out Graveler, Rhyhorn, and Onix while Golem used Earthquake to defeat Kabutops and Omastar. I was dissappointed with this Rock Trainers weak Rock Pokemon but oh well. I went around Viridian Forest into Viridian City and then ran to Pallet Town. I surfed to Cinnabar Island and met a weird guy who wouldn't battle me. So I surfed to the Seafoam Islands and saved.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I healed my Pokemon at the lodge on Route 216, then I headed north to Route 217. The snow was thick in that area, so it took forever to reach the other side. Then there were the trainers that I had to battle as well, so that was a nightmare. I collected some items around the snow, then I headed towards Acuity Lakefront. I battled some more trainers, then things began to clear out as I reached the edge of the route. I finally arrived in Snowpoint City, and I made my way to the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon after all the battles I had. I then visited the Poke Mart, and I stocked up on items. I talked to people around town, then I entered the Snowpoint City Gym. I slid on the icy floors there, and I battled two Gym trainers. I saved near a large snowball.

- Empoleon level 44
    - Gyarados level 42
    - Golduck level 41
    - Floatzel level 41
    - Bibarel level 41
    - Gastrodon level 41

Hi everyone, I'm looking at all my old mono-types and I found my Steel one on Platinum. So, I'll be looking to continue where I left off. I had just beaten Gardenia and done the Galactic HQ in Eterna City.
    My team was:

Trident (Prinplup) Lv22
    Scythe (Onix) Lv22
    Plata (Bronzor) L23

The last post was here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...4#post12148104

Anyway, from last time, I did the received the Explorer Kit and went hunting in the underground. I was looking for a skull fossil (Wrong ID :/) so that I could revive it and trade it for a Shieldon later. However, after about 30 mins, I found several treasures, but no Fossil. Vowing to look later, I returned up and sped south down through Cycling Road. I healed up at Oreburgh and fought the trainers outside Mt. Coronet, all on my shiny new bicycle! Dawn caught up to me before I went into Mt. Coronet to give me the VS Seeker and Dowsing Machine. I thanked her and walked into Mt. Coronet, stopped by a mysterious man with blue hair. After briefly talking to him, I left Mt. Coronet and cycled to Hearthome City. After healing up, I searched for Fantina, who wasn't in the gym. I found my mum in the Contest Hall, as well as Fantina. However, at this point, I was worried about Fantina and Mimagius' Magical Leaf which would destroy Scythe and Trident at this point. So, I cycled to Jubilife City and traded Scythe between my HeartGold game and this one to evolve Scythe into Steelix! Now I could take on Fantina. First up was Trident v Duskull. Luckily, a crit hit STAB Bubblebeam was enough to score an OHKO! I sent out Scythe against Mismagius and Scythe was now reinforced by his new Steel type. I used Screech five times (as it missed twice > ) and healed Scythe whenever he came close to defeat. Finally I used Rock Throw twice to defeat Mismagius! For Haunter, I switched to Plata and tried to use Hypnosis. However, Haunter used Confuse Ray, and, though Plata broke through confusion, Hypnosis missed! To add insult to injury, Haunter's Hypnosis hit! So, I had no choice, but to keep selecting Extrasensory and heal Plata when he was low on health. Eventually, Plata woke up, but another Hypnosis put him to sleep again! Finally Plata woke up again and this time, he snapped out of confusion and Haunter's Hypnosis missed. Two Extrasensorys were enough to hand me the win!
    My team:

Plata (Trident) Lv27
    Bashful Male
    Pound
    Metal Claw
    Bubblebeam
    Peck

Scythe (Steelix) Lv27
    Brave Male
    Slam
    Rock Smash
    Rock Throw
    Screech

Plata (Bronzor) Lv27
    Bold
    Confusion
    Hypnosis
    Extrasensory
    Confuse Ray

I'm having second thoughts about having a Bastiodon on my team. I'm definitely going for Scizor and Lucario, but not sure about the last one - maybe Magnezone? Any advice? Well that's it for now, I'll update after beating Maylene.
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 9th September 2011 at 10:17 AM.
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Espeon0429 View Post
    I'm having second thoughts about having a Bastiodon on my team. I'm definitely going for Scizor and Lucario, but not sure about the last one - maybe Magnezone? Any advice? Well that's it for now, I'll update after beating Maylene.[/COLOR]
    Magnezone would be a good special attacker. If you are looking for a tank you could try Probopass.

I entered Blaine's gym and discovered I had to fight trainers in order to reach him. So I fought them all easily and soon battled Blaine. This battle proved to be extremely easy because Golem just used Earthquake to defeat his Magcargo, Magmar, and Rapidash. I exited the gym and returned to Cinnabar Island where the mystery guy from earlier told me he would battle me. I flew to Viridian City and headed straight for the gym.

I managed to avoid all the gym trainers and head straight for Blue. I stood before him prepared to take on the last gym leader and the last part of my monotype challenge. I started with Magcargo against his Exeggutor but it used Leaf Storm and knocked me out. I switched to Tyranitar and beat it with Crunch, but not before it got a Trick Room in. He sent out Rhydon next so I tried Corsola but it managed to faint so I sent in Golem. Golem got a critcial hit Earthquake which managed to bring it down. He sent in Gyarados next so I kept Golem in to heal up Tyranitar. When Golem fainted I sent in Tyranitar and knocked Gyarados out with a Stone Edge. Next was Machamp (Good lord at the amount of Pokemon that are good against Rock) so I switched to Shuckle who managed to get a Toxic in before fainting. Sudowoodo was called out just to stall the battle a little longer and bring Machamp's HP down slightly. After Sudowoodo fainted I was left with Tyranitar. One Earthquake later and Machamp was down. He sent in Arcanine who fell because of Earthquake. His last Pokemon was Pidgeot. I used Stone Edge 3 times and missed every time so I had to use an Ether and it took 3 more Stone Edges before I finally hit the bird and knocked it out. I got my 16th badge and with that....I am done. I have completed my Rock Monotype to the point that I wanted to end it.

Just a few comments. Rock was definitely the hardest monotype I have done so far. If you couldn't tell from all my posts, Golem and Tyranitar were big reasons why I was able to complete it. I would say either Sudowoodo or Magcargo were my weakest team members. I hope everyone has enjoyed the journey! I will start another Platinum Monotype later today.

Final Team

I continued to progress through the Snowpoint City Gym. I managed to solve the Gym puzzle eventually, but I went to the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon before the big battle. I then returned to the Gym, and I slid on the ice while pushing snowballs out of the way. The path to Candice was finally revealed, and I challenged her to a battle. She sent out her Snover, and I used my Empoleon. That battle didn't last very long, as Empoleon's Flash Cannon move was too much for Snover to handle. Candice used Medicham afterwards, but Empoleon defeated it easily with Pluck. I then used my Gastrodon against Candice's Sneasel, and I was able to defeat it with Rock Tomb. I used Gyarados against Candice's Abomasnow, and I defeated it with Thrash. I got the Icicle Badge from Candice, and I saved outside of her Gym.

- Empoleon level 45
    - Gyarados level 43
    - Golduck level 42
    - Floatzel level 42
    - Bibarel level 41
    - Gastrodon level 42

My next monotype is going to be in Platinum and it is going to be a Fighting type challenge.

I watched a program about Professor Rowan on the television before leaving my house and meeting my rival. He wanted to go into the tall grass but Professor Rowan arrived and eventually gave me a Chimchar. I used Chimchar to do all the boring beginning stuff up to Jubilife. I met Looker when I arrived in the city and he talked about Team Galactic and left. I recieved the Poketch from a guy after answering some questions and soon I was battling my rival with Chimchar. It didn't last long because Chimchar was at a higher level than his Pokemon. I managed to skip every trainer battle between Jubilife City and Oreburgh City and soon arrived in the latter city. Route 207 was my destination so I headed that way and wandered through the grass until I captured a Machop. I went back to Jubilife and battled the trainers north and west of the city. I ran back to Oreburgh after everyone was defeated and saved in front of the mines.

Current Team

So, I have now beaten Maylene without too much hassle. From last time, I completed all the minor events in Hearthome and I headed east to run into my rival. I struggled in this battle, sending out Trident against Staravia, yet after just one Bubblebeam, my rival withdrew and sent out Grotle. I tried a Peck, but it did very little, so I switched to Scythe. Scythe's Slam eventually took down Grotle, but weakened Scythe significantly. I kept him in for Ponyta, but Ember brought down Scythe, allowing me to switch to Plata. I sent Ponyta to sleep with Hypnosis, before defeating him with Extrasensory. Unfortunately, Plata had sustained injuries, thanks to an earlier Flame Wheel, so I switched to Trident to defeat Buizel. I took a long time, but I eventually wore him down using Peck. Finally, Staravia was put back into play an another Bubblebeam defeated him once more. With my rival out of the picture, I continued east and defeated the trainers on the route to Solacean. I decided not to go all the way up the tower until I had got HM05 - Defog, so I traveled on to Solacean and into the Solacean Ruins to get it. The trek in and out of Solacean Ruins was simple enough, but strangely, finding a HM Slave Defog was not. I finally caught a Starly near Jubilife City and used Defog to make my way up the tower. I got the two Tags (Spell and Cleanse) at the top, before making my way down and continuing on again. It was far from an easy trek, but eventually, I made it to Veilstone City. I had decided that I needed the crucial TM28 - Dig for Scythe, so I cleared out Route 214 and after getting Dig, I taught it to Scythe. In this process, Plata had reached Lv33 and evolved into Bronzong! After I had cleared out the gym trainers, my Pokemon were all Lv34 and I was ready for the battle with Maylene, which I thought would be really tough. However, it proved to be anything but. Firstly, Trident 2HKOed Meditite with Bubblebeam, in spite of Drain Punch. Second up was Lucario, the tough one. I switched to Scythe, used Dig and prayed. However, Lucario used Force Palm, not Drain Punch and it wasn't particularly amazing. Sadly, it paralyzed Scythe and this stopped the first Dig. But, I Dug again and, this time, it hit and was an OHKO! Resurged by this I sent out Plata for Machoke and two Extrasensorys later, I had won the battle!
    My team:

Trident (Prinplup) Lv34
    Bashful Male
    Fury Attack
    Metal Claw
    Bubblebeam
    Brine

Scythe (Steelix) Lv34
    Brave Male
    Dig
    Rock Smash
    Rock Throw
    Dragonbreath

Plata (Bronzong) Lv34
    Bold
    Confusion
    Hypnosis
    Extrasensory
    Confuse Ray

Well, that's it for now, I will hopefully get another team member by next time and I will update after Crasher Wake - See Ya!

I entered the mines and after a few wild battles Chimchar evolved! I beat the two trainers inside the mines and then spoke with Roark and he left for the gym. The gym was incredibly easy for my Fighting types. Monferno defeated the two gym trainers before the actual gym battle started. Machop used Karate Chop to take out Geodude and Cranidos while Monferno used Mach Punch to defeat Onix. I got the badge and ran back to Jubilife.

When I arrived in Jubilife I saw Professor Rowan being hassled by two Galactic Grunts so I took them on and beat them with Monferno. I went north of the city soon after and defeated a few trainers on Route 204 before arriving in Floroma Town. I headed west and a girl told me something about her dad and a Power Plant so I kept going west and found another Galactic Grunt. Machop defeated his Glameow before he locked himself inside the Power Plant. I went to the Floroma Meadow and defeated two more grunts and recieved both the key to the Power Plant and some Honey. I slathered honey on some trees and now I have to play the waiting game. The first batch of trees produced a Wurmple and an Aipom so now I have to wait another 6 hours and hope for the best.

Current Team

I made my way to the Snowpoint City Pokemon Center after defeating Candice at the Gym. I healed my Pokemon there, then I shopped for items at the local Poke Mart. There wasn't much else left to take care of in Snowpoint City, so I decided to head on over to Lake Acuity since I still had some stuff to take care of there. I wandered through the snow on Route 217, then I entered the clearing at Lake Acuity. I saw my rival there with Jupiter from Team Galactic, and after talking a bit, she revealed that Cyrus was going to put his plan into action soon. Once everything at Lake Acuity had been taken care of, I flew to Veilstone City to stop Team Galactic's activities. I talked to a Team Galactic grunt, and I obtained the Storage Key that would unlock the warehouse. I entered through the warehouse and saved.

- Empoleon level 45
    - Gyarados level 43
    - Golduck level 42
    - Floatzel level 42
    - Bibarel level 42
    - Gastrodon level 42

Previously:

-Went to Azelea Town
    -Defeated Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well
    -Defeated Rival
    -Defeated Bugsy
    -Got to Goldenrod City
    -Caught an Exeggcute

After defeating all the trainers in and arround Goldenrod City I challenged the 3rd gym. This was a very easy Gym basicly my Bayleef defeated her Clefairy and her Miltank without much problems, in these kind of challenges you really learn to appreciate moves like reflect and synthesis.

I picked up the squirtlebottle went to the sudowoodo and caught it. I finally arrived in eucrteak. I spoke with Bill, I defeated the Rocket and got the Hm03 Surf. I went to the Burned tower and challenged my Rival which was my Lombre defeated them all with Surf. Especialy his Quilava was just nice exp fodder. Decided that my team was not even close to being infavor of winning because of the Unfortunate typing. So I decided to take a trip to the Lighthouse first in Olivine City, defeating all the trainers on the way, and in the Lighthouse before talking to Jasmine. Now I need a few more levels, will take a bit, but good part is that it will make my training period less when I challenge the 5th and 6th gym.

Team
    Lombre level 25
    -Astonish
    -Surf
    -Absorb
    -Nature Power

Cacnea Level 24
    -Poison Sting
    -Headbutt
    -Absorb
    -Pin Missile

Exeggcute Level 23
    -Uproar
    -Sleep Powder
    -Bullet Seed
    -Leech Seed

Bayleef Level 26
    -Magical Leaf
    -PoisonPowder
    -Reflect
    -Synthesis
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 18th September 2011 at 3:30 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I waited 6 hours last night and the second batch of honey trees yielded a Combee and a Wurmple. I slathered more honey and went to bed. When I woke up I checked to find an Aipom and a Cherubi. I slathered more honey and waited 6 hours and checked again and discovered a Burmy and a Combee. At this point I gave up because I would like to continue the challenge so I traded over an egg and ran around until it hatched a Heracross! I trained up Heracross near the Power Plant until it was around Lv11 and then went inside the Power Plant. I defeated the few grunts inside and then met a woman named Mars. She was talking energy or something but we soon had out battle. Monferno went up first against Zubat and beat it and then she sent out Purugly. I tried out Machop but it fainted and so did Heracross. Monferno managed to beat it with Mach Punch however and Team Galactic fled the building. I saved after leaving as well.

Current Team

Hey everyone, just a quick update - I've beaten Crasher Wake! So from last time, I ran into Dawn who told me Team Galactic had stolen her Pokedex. I went to the warehouses in Veilstone and kicked the asses of the Galatic members. I got Dawn her Pokedex back and ran into Looker, who directed me to HM02 - Fly and told me to go to Pastoria City. Sadly, I can't use Fly as there is no Skarmory on the game Oh well. I healed up and started south, past Lake Verity and got to the hotel place (I forgot the name) After tracking down the lady's Suite Key and returning it to her, I entered the diner and fought all the trainers here. During these battles, Trident grew to Lv36 and evolved into Empoleon! I trekked south and then west to finally arrive in Pastoria. I taught Scythe Thunder Fang (To help with Crasher Wake) through the Move Relearner and was just about to train my Pokemon on the trainers in the gym, when Karl, my rival caught up with me. Its the one rival battle I always forget about Still, Scythe took down Staravia and Buizel with Thunder Fang, before succombing to Ponyta's Ember. Trident took over and Aqua Jet took care of Ponyta, before Plata sorted out Grotle with Hypnosis, Confuse Ray and Extrasensory. I left Karl, cleared the gym of trainer and prepared to take on Crasher Wake. First up was Scythe v Gyarados. I used two Thunder Fangs and just survived two Brines from Gyarados to win the battle. Next, I sent out Plata v Quagsire and the good, old, trusty Confuse Ray/Hypnosis combo worked as Plata Extrasensoryed Quagsire away. Floatzel was slightly tougher. I sent out Trident, but all moves were ineffective, so I switched Plata out and used Hypnosis. I switched to Scythe (Who was on low health), hoping that Floatzel would stay asleep for one more turn so that Scythe could use Thunder Fang. Floatzel woke up and destroyed Scythe with Brine. Next, I sent out Plata, on medium health and used Hypnosis and Confuse Ray. Floatzel woke up at the earliest possible moment and, what's more broke through confusion to kill Plata with Brine! (I nearly broke my Stylus with frustration at this point) > I rallied and sent out Trident, reviving and healing Plata and Scythe. Eventually, Crunch killed Trident, so I switched back to Plata and, though Hypnosis missed first time (FFS! Bloody Hax!), the second time it hit and Plata was finally able to use Extrasensory and it took only one crit hit Extrasensory to take down over half of Floatzel's health and kill him. PHEW!
    My Team:

Trident (Empoleon) Lv37
    Bashful Male
    Fury Attack
    Metal Claw
    Bubblebeam
    Aqua Jet

Scythe (Steelix) Lv37
    Brave Male
    Dig
    Rock Smash
    Rock Throw
    Thunder Fang <3

Plata (Bronzong) Lv37
    Bold
    Confusion
    Hypnosis
    Extrasensory
    Confuse Ray

So, by next time, I will FINALLY get team members 4 and 5 (and maybe 6)! I'll update after Byron, but I have other mono-types and loads to do on Platinum, with, potentially, three team members to train, so it may not be for a while. Keep posting everyone!

EDIT: OMG, Just discovered I could have caught Scyther ages ago! Not happy.
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 12th September 2011 at 1:22 AM.

I battled some trainers as I went through the tunnel that connected to Team Galactic warehouse with the Team Galactic Headquarters building. I finally entered the main building after wandering around, and I had to use the warp tiles around the hideout in order to navigate around the building. I faced off against more Team Galactic grunts as I headed deeper into the hideout, and then I arrived at Cyrus's office. He talked, then we began to battle against each other. Cyrus sent out his Murkrow first, and I used my Gyarados. I was able to defeat Murkrow easily with Gyarados's Ice Fang attack, then I faced off against his Sneasel. I used Bibarel against it, and I eventually defeated it with Rock Smash. I sent out my Empoleon to fight against Cyrus's Golbat, and I defeated it with Surf. Once Cyrus was defeated, he handed me the Master Ball.

- Empoleon level 46
    - Gyarados level 44
    - Golduck level 43
    - Floatzel level 42
    - Bibarel level 43
    - Gastrodon level 42

After I healed up, I went into Wayward Cave to do some major grinding. I didn't have Flash, so it took absolutely forever to find Mira, but I eventually did. When I found her, I took advantage of her brilliant healing abilities and leveled up several members of my team, especially Felix and Lulu. Although, Leann, my Golbat leveled up as well... and became a Crobat! Along the way I grew exhausted of all the rock types, so I gave Grass Knot to Felix.. and it was an absolute blessing. I love that move!

I finally emerged out of Wayward Cave, and I started travelling towards Hearthome City. I battled and defeated all the trainers along the way, and with some help from a Soothe Bell, Felix evolved! In Hearthome City, I explored, healed, and entered the Contest Hall. I surprisingly found my mother there, along with the gym leader, Fatina. After I talked.. er, or rather, listened, Fatina and my mother both left, allowing me to face the gym leader. I went to the gym, and entered it rather warily. I wasn't sure if I was strong enough for this one, even though several of my team members knew a dark type move. At the gym, I defeated all the trainers... and it wasn't too bad actually. I had to heal before Fatina, but my confidence rose. Fatina greeted me, and we battled. Lulu, my Gligar, took out her first Pokemon, but immediately went into the red when Mismagius came out. I sent out Leann, wary of her Psybeam, but she chose Magical Leaf instead... so Leann killed her and her Haunter with a swift Bite. My 3rd badge is in the bag!

Current Team:

Leann Lvl 27

Vanessa Lvl 26

Oliver Lvl 26

Felix Lvl 25

Lulu
    Please check out my nuzlocke!!
    Ashley's Emerald Cursed Nuzlocke Zetaboard
    or if you prefer:
    Ashley's Emerald Cursed Nuzlocke DA

My favorite pokemon:

----><----

I headed onto Route 205 and tried to defeat all of the trainers there with Heracross but I did have to switch out every once in awhile. Pretty soon I was in the Eterna Forest with a woman named Cheryl. I love these double battle opportunities in D/P/P. I defeated all of the trainers in the forest and leveled up Heracross and Machop to Lv21 while Monferno was at Lv23. I exited the forest and immediately went west of Eterna City. I started running around the grass and came across my fourth team member, a Meditite. I slowly trained Meditite against some wild Pokemon before taking on the fishermen and trainers both east and west of Eterna. I got Meditite up to Lv18 and then headed for the gym.

The gym trainers were all Grass type users which was good for Meditite, Heracross, and Monferno. I beat them all pretty easily. After the leaf's turned to face Gardenia I began the battle. Monferno started off against Turtwig. It only took one Flame Wheel to knock it out. Next was Heracross against Cherrim. Two Aerial Ace's later and Cherrim was down (Heracross knew Aerial Ace when it hatched). Lastly was Meditite against Roserade. Meditite did some damage but I had to switch it out for fear of it fainting so I sent Monferno in. One Flame Wheel later and Roserade was defeated. After the very easy gym battle I saved.

Current Team

Cyrus left the Team Galactic building in Veilstone City, and I was allowed to proceed down to the hidden lab where Team Galactic was experimenting on Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit. I entered the lab where they were being kept, and I encountered Saturn of Team Galactic inside there. We began to battle, and Saturn sent out Kadabra. I used Golduck against it, and I finished it with a critical hit Water Pulse attack. I then sent out my Empoleon when Saturn used Bronzor. I defeated Bronzor with Empoleon's Surf attack, then I used Gastrodon against Saturn's Toxicroak. Gastrodon's Mud Bomb was more than enough to beat Toxicroak, and then I defeated Saturn. I shut off the machine that was keeping the three pixies locked up, then they left the base. Saturn told me more about Cyrus's plan, and I saved before chasing after him.

- Empoleon level 46
    - Gyarados level 44
    - Golduck level 43
    - Floatzel level 42
    - Bibarel level 43
    - Gastrodon level 43

I restarted my Diamond today, and thought it would be fun to try out a monotype challenge. I decided to do one using Normal type Pokemon.

So after deleting my old save file, I started a new game and chose the boy character as I always do on this game. I went to Lake Verity with my rival, where I chose Turtwig as my starter. I didn't use Turtwig that much, since I dumped it as soon as I caught a Starly on Route 201 after I got Poke Balls. I then used Starly to catch a Bidoof on the same route.

Then, I spent over an hour levelling up my two Pokemon against wild Pokes. Starly was fast and fairly strong, so I managed to level it up with few problems. Bidoof, however, was a completely different story. It was slower than nearly every wild Pokemon I fought, and its Tackle attack hardly did any damage. Plus, Tackle seemed to miss. every. other. turn.

Finally, both my Pokemon were level 7-9, so I continued with my journey. I explored Route 202, fighting all three trainers along the way. Eventually, I reached Jubilife City, where I saved.

My current team is:

level 8
    level 9

Right, are you ready for a HUGE update? I've done loads since last time (though only one gym badge), so I'm just warning you. So, from last time, I ignored Karl (my rival) and went to the Pokemon Centre to withdraw Starly, my HM Slave. I flew straight to Veilstone City and headed west to search in the grass. It took ages, but, eventually, I found a Scyther. It was damned impossible to capture as well, but I finally got it and nicknamed it Armory. I traded it to HeartGold and when I traded it back, I made it hold a Metal Coat. I had my own Scizor! The hard part was training it. I did a bit, but it took me a while before Armory got to Lv37, on par with my other Pokemon. Now I could continue with the story. I flew to Pastoria and headed to the Great Marsh. The explosion occurred and, Crasher Wake told me to pursue the Team Galactic member. I eventually caught up to him outside of the Grand Lake Hotel and whopped his ***. He fled and Cynthia caught up with me to give me the Secretpotion, so I could finally get past those Psyduck on Route 210. I flew immediately to Solaceon and headed north meeting Cynthia who gave me her charm to give to her grandmother in Celestic Town. So, I journeyed north and nearly lost against the two Ace Trainers with the Raichu and Gyarados! I managed to survive and finally made it to Celestic Town, where I healed up and entered the Ruins. I gave Cynthia's grandmother the charm, before we were interrupted by Cyrus. Plata showed him no mercy and beat Sneasel with Gyro Ball, before scoring an OHKO with Extrasensory on Golbat. I switched to Scythe for Murkrow and beat it easily with Thunder Fang. Cyrus scarpered and Cynthia's Grandma gave me HM03 - Surf! With this finally in my possession, I flew to Jubilife and Surfed west to Canalave, with my Pokemon about Lv42 at this point. I healed up, finally deleted Rock Smash off Scythe and ran across the Canalave Bridge only to run into Karl my rival. Well, I always forget his locations, but I was reasonably prepared. Firstly, Trident Surfed Staraptor away, before I switched to Scythe for Rapidash and eased through using Dig. I switched to Trident for Heracross, where the problems began. Heracross defeated Trident using Brick Break. It was a blow, but I switched to Plata who thankfully defeated him using Extrasensory, in spite of suffering a Brick Break. I kept Plata out against Floatzel and ground out a win using Extrasensory, thanks, in no small part, to Plata's excellent defence. I switched to Armory for Torterra and he thankfully secured an easy win thanks to X-Scissor. With Karl beaten, I healed off and headed off to Iron Island to get Pokemon no. 5. Iron Island was great training and Scythe and Trident were both Lv45 by the time I was finished. But I finished, Riley gave me the Riolu egg and I flew off to Floroma to go to the Fuego Ironworks to get a Magmar for Flame Body. I did this, hatched the Riolu egg and immediately gave him a Soothe Bell to hold, as well as giving him a massage at Veilstone and giving him some of my vitamins. These treatments, as well as a lot of walking, evetually got Riolu to like me enough to evolve, thankfully before the end of the day. With a nice Lv2 Lucario, I named him Aurum (Sounds like Aura and Latin for Gold - got it online ) and proceeded to train Aurum to Lv44. It, predictably took a while, but finally, he was Lv44 and with the gym trainers, I got everyone to Lv45. I healed up, got to Byron and saved ahead of an incredibly easy battle. Scythe got an OHKO on Magneton using Dig, Trident eased past Steelix using Surf and Aurum finished off with a Aura Sphere that OHKOed Bastiodon. Easy.
    My team:

Trident - Empoleon Lv45
    Bashful Male
    Fury Attack (HATE THIS!)
    Metal Claw
    Bubblebeam
    Surf

Scythe - Steelix Lv45
    Brave Male
    Dig
    Iron Tail
    Thunder Fang (Only 3 moves, cos I deleted Rock Smash)

Plata - Bronzong Lv45
    Bold
    Gyro Ball
    Hypnosis
    Extrasensory
    Confuse Ray

Armory - Scizor Lv45
    Timid Female
    Night Slash
    Slash
    X-Scissor
    Bullet Punch

Aurum - Lucario Lv45
    Bold Male
    Force Palm
    Dark Pulse
    Aura Sphere <3
    Bone Rush

I know they're overleveled, but whatever. Two more gyms to go, next on my list is Candice. Dunno whether I'll get my last Pokemon before or after Candice - I'll wait and see. Keep posting everybody! See Ya!
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 14th September 2011 at 2:04 AM.

When I started playing today, I immediately went to the school in Jubilife to see my rival and get the Town Map. Then, I got the coupons from the clowns and got the Poketch.

I then went to the route above the city to train my team. I first took out all the trainers there and then finished my training by fighting wild Pokemon. When I was training my Bidoof, the most amazing thing happened - I found a shiny Starly! I weakened it down to yellow health, then threw a Poke Ball. I was a bit worried about not catching it, since I only had 2 balls left. Fortunately though, the first ball caught it.

I'm not going to use the shiny Starly in this playthrough, since it has a good nature and I'd like to EV train it eventually (and I hate having to use EV reducing berries). So my team is still just and who are both level 12.

Next, I'm going to leave Jubilife and battle my rival.

I had to heal my Pokemon at the Veilstone City Pokemon Center before I could chase after Cyrus. Once that was done, I headed back to Oreburgh City since the only way to access Spear Pillar was by going through Mt. Coronet on that side. I entered the mountain, and I used Rock Climb to climb a ledge that led to another cave. I wandered around a bit until I reached another cave, and then after climbing some steps, I arrived at the top of Mt. Coronet. There was snow everywhere, and I ran around looking for more ledges to climb. I picked up items and battled wild Pokemon along the way to the next cave, then I met some Team Galactic grunts in another cave. I battled them, then I arrived at the other side of the mountain's summit. I entered another cave, and I battled some more Team Galactic grunts before reaching Spear Pillar.

- Empoleon level 46
    - Gyarados level 44
    - Golduck level 44
    - Floatzel level 43
    - Bibarel level 43
    - Gastrodon level 44

I left Jubilife City and began heading towards Oreburgh. I was stopped by my rival, who then battled me. He started with Starly, I sent out Bidoof first. I finished it off in a couple of hits. I then switched to Starly while he sent out his Chimchar. It was very easy to 2HKO with Wing Attack.

I then continued on. I battled all the trainers on the route, then headed into the Oreburg Gate where I fought two more trainers. I also got the Rock Smash HM, which I taught to Bidoof. Eventually, I reached the city. After being shown where the Gym was located, I healed my Pokemon and then explored a bit.

After that, I headed into the mine to level up some more. I levelled up both of my Pokemon until they evolved. My new Bibarel learned Water Gun immediately after evolving, which is really going to help me when I take on the Gym next time.

Team:
    level 14
    level 15

I healed my team and headed into the Galactic Hideout in Eterna City. I managed to defeat all of the random grunts around the facility with relative ease. I made it to the top room and encountered Jupiter. She started the battle with Zubat but it fell thanks to Meditite's Confusion attack. Next was Skuntank, but Heracross easily disposed of it with a few Brick Break's. She fled and then I exited the building and grabbed a Bicycle. I then headed south towards Cycling Road. I defeated all of the trainers there and then went underneath the bridge and found myself in Wayward Cave. At the end of the cave was Lyra who joined me in exiting the cave. Luckily she helped me train my team a lot and during that training Machop evolved! I eventually exited the cave with her and defeated all of the trainers northwest of Oreburgh as well. My 'rival' showed up and gave me a VS Seeker and a Dowsing Machine but I didn't bother with them and opted to go into Mt Coronet instead.

I met a man inside of Mt Coronet and he gave a speech I didn't listen to. I exited the mountain, battled a few more trainers, and found myself in Hearthome City. A Buneary almost ran into me but its trainer stopped it. She told me to meet her at a Contest Hall so I did and ran into my mom. I ignored her as well and then I met Fantina who told me to go to the gym. Monferno and Meditite took the gym trainers down. I healed and took on Fantina. Monferno defeated Duskull with 2 Flame Wheel's and Meditite took out Haunter with 2 Confusion's. Her last Pokemon was Mismagius. I tried out Machoke and I wanted to Leer it a little but I did not get the chance to due to Confusion. Once Machoke fainted I used Monferno who got in a hit but fell eventually. Meditite fell after one Shadow Ball. Heracross was my last resort and even though it was confused it managed to never miss Aerial Ace and won me the battle. I saved in front of her.

Current Team

OK, guys just a quick update after the last long one! So, I have now beaten Candice. From last time, I exited the gym and went to Canalave Library. At the top, I was enjoying a nice conversation with Dawn, Karl and the professor when there was an explosion! I flew straight to Veilstone and headed south to Lake Valor, where there was chaos! I found Saturn in the centre and destroyed his Pokemon, using Plata who used Extrasensory on Toxicroak and Golbat. I switched to Trident who KOed Bronzor using Bubblebeam. Saturn scarpered and I flew to Twinleaf Town and went straight to Lake Verity. Mars was there, but even though Plata and Armory combined to take out his Pokemon, Mesprit was still captured. Prof. Rowan told me to go to Lake Acuity near Snowpoint, so I set off. It was difficult, and I nearly lost on the trainer with an Electabuzz and a Magmar, but I survived to Snowpoint City. I healed up and cleared out the gym, before training my Pokemon to Lv49 and taking on Candice. Firstly, Trident took out Sneasel with a few Metal Claws, before Aurum OHKOed Piloswine with Aura Sphere. Next, Abomasnow was KOed by Scizor's x-Scissor, before I sent out Scythe against Froslass. I used Crunch which nearly killed it, but Froslass got in two Blizzards, which left Scythe on 1HP. Crunch missed and he was KOed by the hail! Luckily, Plata came in with Gyro Ball to finish him off.
    My team:

Trident - Empoleon Lv49
    Bashful Male
    Mist
    Metal Claw
    Bubblebeam
    Surf

Scythe - Steelix Lv49
    Brave Male
    Dig
    Iron Tail
    Thunder Fang
    Crunch

Plata - Bronzong Lv49
    Bold
    Gyro Ball
    Hypnosis
    Extrasensory
    Confuse Ray

Armory - Scizor Lv49
    Timid Female
    Night Slash
    Slash
    X-Scissor
    Bullet Punch

Aurum - Lucario Lv49
    Bold Male
    Dragon Pulse
    Dark Pulse
    Aura Sphere
    Bone Rush

After doing the Lake Acuity stuff, I'll finally get my last team member. We're getting there! Keep posting people, See ya!

I arrived at Spear Pillar, and as soon as I walked up to it, Mars and Jupiter showed up. It was their job to battle me, but my rival showed up before that, and we began to battle against Mars and Jupiter together. Mars used Bronzor, and so did Jupiter. I was able to defeat Mars's Bronzor with Empoleon, and my rival took care of Jupiter's Bronzor. Mars then used Golbat, and I used Golduck's Confusion attack to defeat it. My rival was struggling against Jupiter's Skuntank, but I helped him defeat it by switching to Gastrodon. Mars sent out his Purugly, and I used Bibarel against it. Bibarel wasn't strong enough to defeat it though, so I used Floatzel. I defeated Purugly, then I focused my helping my rival defeat Jupiter's Golbat. We finally defeated both Team Galactic Commanders, and then I set my sights on Cyrus.

- Empoleon level 47
    - Gyarados level 44
    - Golduck level 45
    - Floatzel level 44
    - Bibarel level 43
    - Gastrodon level 44

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast