Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

I wana do a challenge like this. with the ice type i just need someone to trade me a egg
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/zvtsna.gif[/IMG] made by Guitarzandbulletz

When I arrived in Striaton City I headed straight to the Dreamyard to defeat the few trainers for experience. I grabbed the Pansage from the chick there and returned to the Pokemon Center to heal Purrloin. I headed back to Route 2 to train Purrloin some more before heading to the School to take on Cheren. Purrloin kept using Fury Swipes until his Oshawott and Purrloin were defeated. The gym was my next destination and after beating both gym trainers Purrloin learned Pursuit. I healed up and challenged Cress. Purrloin managed to knock out his Lillipup with one attack because Fury Swipes hit 5 times. I just spammed Pursuit on his Panpour until fainted. Easy win. I got the badge and exited the gym.

Fennel was waiting for me outside of the gym and she gave me the HM for Cut. So I headed to the Dreamyard and encountered a Munna being attacked by Team Plasma. I beat both grunts and Musharna appeared and scared the grunts away. Fennel thanked me and gave me a C Gear. I went back to Route 2 and captured a Patrat. Why? Because I am making a trade. I traded the Patrat for an egg and spent FOREVER running around waiting for the egg to hatch. Eventually it did hatch into a............Vullaby. My next order of business is to train the Vullaby before heading to Route 3.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke
        Spoiler:- Current Party:

My Potential Teams:
    Rock:
    Rhyperior
    Aerodactyl
    Gigalith
    Golem
    Aggron
    Omastar

Bug:
    Volcarona
    Heracross
    Crustle
    Scisor
    Butterfree
    Pinsir

Both seem like cool choices.

Credit to Rayquaza The First

Blaziken is back, with my "Perfect Team". Credit to pkmnfn

Never thought I'd return to these forums, gotta say. But I'm here, as long as High school doesn't get in the way.

Let me tell you something, Volcarona is a pain to train. You can Level Larvesta to LV59 to evolve but it'll be overleveled and wouldn't be much of a challenge. Personally, if it evolves later than 50, don't use it. Well you can but not level it up so much. Hydreigon is another example. Just stick with Zweilous and don't level grind it to Level 64 before facing N or it won't be much of a challenge. Monotype Challenges isn't about just using 1 type of Pokemon, it's well as it is called: A Challenge, so you shouldn't level grind too much.
    Just something to keep in mind. Larvesta is a good Pokemon, I know from experience it is. I even used one in my Fire Monotype Challenge which I recently got around to complete it.

Also, if you can, I recommend having at least half your team to have Unova region Pokemon, not just having most of them from trades. It's fine and all but I feel that Monotype Challenges in Black and White should have at least 3 native Pokemon if possible.
    Like for example, on that Rock team of yours, you could have Gigalith, Crustle and either Carracosta or Archeops. If you're going to have Aerodactyl, you might as well use Carracosta. And for your Bug Team, you could have Crustle and Volcarona which you already have and also Galvantula. Just a suggestion.

Although after you've beaten the main storyline, you can change around your team for the Elite Four Round 2 if you need too like I did. In my Fire Monotype Challenge, I had Emboar, Darmanitan, Houndoom, Vulpix, Larvesta and Blaziken when I beat Ghetsis (Don't ask about the Vulpix lol) and when I faced Cynthia, the Elite Four the 2nd time and finally Alder, I evolved Larvesta and Vulpix and replaced Emboar and Blaziken for Arcanine and Rotom-H.

Main storyline team:
    Emboar
    Houndoom
    Darmanitan
    Blaziken
    Larvesta
    Vulpix

Final Team:
    Ninetales
    Houndoom
    Darmanitan
    Volcarona
    Arcanine
    Rotom-H
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 4th October 2011 at 9:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    <honey badger narrator voice>
    Squishy Dragon does what it wants.
    Squishy Dragon don't give a crap!

Was thinking of doing an Water Type mono on White:

Carracosta
    Feraligator
    Jellicent
    Sesmitoad
    Samurott
    ?????

i try to do a poison type team an can i trade egg for a sarter???

Yes, after the first gym.

I was thinking of doing a monotype on Black, but I haven't finished Black (or White, for that matter) yet (got to 4th gym once), so I don't know what type is a challenge, but still fun and something that gives me some choice.

So I haven't played the 5th gen yet, so there are probably a lot of things I don't know yet, what advice could you give me about a monotype on Black?
    ------- -------

If you want a challenge, Grass is an interesting one in that there's a lot of Grass types available and it's challenging enough as a type against they gyms.

Otherwise, Ground seems to be a pretty decent monotype as well (Golurk can fly and you can surf with Stunfisk/Seismitoad). There's some interesting type combos with the Ground type in this gen.

Flying is another decent challenge, you can have Archeaops and Sigilyph as an offensive powerhouse while Swanna can fill your Surf/Fly needs. Mandibuzz would also be a good wall and you can use Emolga as well for something different.

Looks like you can trade though so Fighting is also an interesting one (maybe easy?) since lots of Fighting types available early. Bug would be interesting too with the trade evolutions, and the Bugs are more capable this gen.

I heard that Bug was pretty powerful this gen, but I think I'll go for Flying... Probably because it is one of my favorite types. Grass is also pretty cool though... I think I'll stick to Flying.

Now checking what Flying options I have...

Thanks a lot!
    ------- -------

I've been wanting to get some excuse to tackle a Bug Monotype Challenge for a while. With the choices in Unova, I can try it now. I won't start it until I've done everything else I'm doing right now first...
    Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    <honey badger narrator voice>
    Squishy Dragon does what it wants.
    Squishy Dragon don't give a crap!

Hey I just finished my black and i wanted to do a monotype challenge. Any ideas i can trade
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/zvtsna.gif[/IMG] made by Guitarzandbulletz

hi im new and im going to do a psychic monotype in black with espeon in it

Will do a Flying monotype in Blaze Black. We'll see what will come out of this!

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

Sam's Water Type Mono Run Day One.

So, I awoke in my hometown, to find Cheren in my bedroom, complaining about Belle being late! As we stood discussing our choices, he asked me something quite interesting. "So, Sam, Do you intend to specify in Water Pokemon as soon as we start to travel?"

I hadn't really thought about it to that point, but decided I would do. "Why not? My friend plans on sending me a Chinchou egg, and there are so many cool water types around here, and some inter-" I was suddenly interuppted by Belle arriving! She apologised for being late, and I was able to open the Box at last! Without even thinking, I picked Oshawott, Knowing it became the sweet, yet strong Dewott, and then the ferocious but friendly Samurott. Before I was able to check anything, Belle started a battle with me! I sent Oshawott into battle, but before I was able to, he began to Tackle Tepig, who responded with the same tactics! It seems that he is quite Rash, and at the same time Highly persistent, not stopping his barrage of Tackles!

When the dust cleared, Tepig lay knocked out, and my room was a mess! Cheren also battled, after healing both Pokemon. His Snivy kept using defensive tactics, which allowed Oshawott to Keep on fighting! After the match, they headed downstairs to apologise to my mum, and headed out, Belle to her house and Cheren to his house, sorry, the lab. The guy spends so much time there, it is like he lives in it. Oshawott seems to quite like the crown from my last school play and keeps wanting to wear it! Mum gave me some cellphone thing, and I went outside to go to the lab. I heard yelling come from Belle's house, but before I was able to do anything, she walked past with a curt nod.

Heading to the Lab, Prof. Juniper gave us each a Pokedex, and asked us if we wanted to nickname our pokemon. The others opted out, but I named my pokemon "King", for clear Reasons. The Professor asked us to meet her on Route 1 for a explanation on how to capture Pokemon. We went out together, but Me and my friends were stopped by Mum, who handed us all a town map.

After the boring show, Juniper gave us each 5 pokeballs and went towards Acculuma (Sp?) town and Belle challenged me and Cheren to see how many pokemon we could capture. I didn't catch any, as I didn't need to! The others captured one each, a Purrloin and Lillipup, apparently. All I did was K.O pokemon so King learned Water Gun. Reaching the next town, Juniper explained the basics of the Pokemon Center/Mart, and left us to our own devices. I brought 3 potions and headed outside, where there seemed to be some sort of Rally going on. Cheren and I both listened to the Mad guy's speech, before him and his Village People friends headed home.

But, before me and Cheren were able to go, an odd boy called N began to talk to us and sent out a Purrloin to battle me! Thankfully King took it down with 2 Water Gun attacks and a Tackle. "N" left, as did Cheren. I decided to go to bed in the Pokecenter and had to Stration city the next day.

Current team
    ♂ Level 7, Rash.
    Last edited by ~Nidoking~; 15th October 2011 at 1:09 PM.

Debating on whether i should do a Poison, Fire, or Ghost monotype challenge on my Black version... Any ideas would be greatly appriciated!!!O....O...O

pikachu

is

claimed

Quote Originally Posted by celebimasters_93 View Post
    Debating on whether i should do a Poison, Fire, or Ghost monotype challenge on my Black version... Any ideas would be greatly appriciated!!!O....O...O
    I'd suggest Fire. Was planning on doing a fire mono earlier, but I didn't.. anyway. The team I would of used by the end would of been:

- Teping - Pignite - Emboar
    - Darmantian Zen Mode (Darumaka - Darmantian if waiting or trading for a rage candy isn't possible)
    - Litwick - Lampent - Chandelure
    - Larvesta (egg) - Volcarona
    - Heatmor (possibly to be replaced by Reshiram)
    - One other, perhaps Pansear - Simisear if you can trade/ find one in a forest? Or maybe another fire from an earlier gen, such as Magmar, Numel, Houndour or Vulpix? Meh...

Fire it is then!! I will start on black ASAP!!

Here will be my proposed team:
    1. Emboar
    2. heatmor
    3. Volcarona
    4. Reshiram
    5. Chandelure
    6. Camerupt (traded from heartgold)

pikachu

is

claimed

I would love to do a electric monotyp challengein white but I'm not sure which pokemon to use besides joltic. I like tynamo as well and I guess I could use emolga but what else should I use? I would like to use duel types if possible.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Well.. there's always Zebstrika... and you can never go wrong with some Derp Stunfisk..
    Please check out my nuzlocke!!
    Ashley's Emerald Cursed Nuzlocke Zetaboard
    or if you prefer:
    Ashley's Emerald Cursed Nuzlocke DA

My favorite pokemon:

----><----

I've decided to go with zebstrika, galvantula, electross, and emolga. I also bread a shinx and a chinchou on my platinum and I'm going to transfer those over once I get the first badge. Since I'm doing electric it won't be a monotype challenge until I beat the first gym. Thats all right though because electric is my favorite type anyways ^^

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I'm doing a water monotype on Pokemon White.

1. Gyarados
    2. Slowbro
    3. Cloyster
    4. Swampert
    5. Tentacruel
    6. Politoed

I had already beaten Team Plasma before hand but I don't want to start again. :L

Default Eek

Thinking about stopping my Pokemon 5th Gen Scramble challenge and monotype Bug in Unova.
    First Bug isn't until the forest, after the second Gym battle. So I guess i'd have to solo up to that point with starter.

Does Bug sound challenging or interesting?
    Any tips for monotype?
    Specifically, does monotype exclude pokemon that are half/half.
    Bug/Grass, Bug/Poison, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Scorpio View Post
    Thinking about stopping my Pokemon 5th Gen Scramble challenge and monotype Bug in Unova.
    First Bug isn't until the forest, after the second Gym battle. So I guess i'd have to solo up to that point with starter.

Does Bug sound challenging or interesting?
    Any tips for monotype?
    Specifically, does monotype exclude pokemon that are half/half.
    Bug/Grass, Bug/Poison, etc.
    The Pokemon can be dual-types as long as they all have one type in common (the type you selected for the monotype challenge). So yes, you could have Leavanny (Bug/Grass), Scolipede (Bug/Poison), Crustle (Bug/Rock), Galvantula (Bug/Electric) or whatever else and still count it as a Bug team since they all share the Bug type.

Also, as long as the Pokemon eventually evolves into the type it's also OK to use: example - a Fighting monotype would allow the use of the pure Fire Tepig, since it eventually evolves into the type used in the challenge (likewise with Karrablast on a Steel team or Charmander on a Flying team). This second part doesn't apply so much to a Bug team, but might be useful for questions about Monotype challenges in general.

I'm not sure, but I think you're also allowed to trade over a team member as an egg if it takes a while to get to where that type appears in the wild as soon as trading becomes available, so you might be able to get a Bug before Pinwheel by sending the egg of, say, Sewaddle or Venipede (since you'd get one of them the soonest anyway) over as soon as you beat the first gym and hatch it in the game the challenge is in (so it has the OT of the challenge game) so you can replace the starter earlier. This of course requires the ability to trade, so if you can't, yeah, you'll have to go with your starter until you get to Pinwheel Forest.
    Last edited by Ememew; 4th January 2012 at 7:56 AM.

Default EEK a bug...

I do have access to trading but the problem I have with that is that boosted experience throws the whole thing off. Makes it less challenging anyway. At the same time, after getting two badges it seems a little wasted to jump into a challenge.

I'd really like to do Bug because I really have never seriously used a Bug-type. But perhaps i'll look into something else that is obtainable earlier...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast