Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Hey, starting my own Black Monotype challenge. I'm gonna be kicking it off with Snivy, who will quickly be replaced by true starter, Joltik. I will then proceed to collect the rest of my team, which will be Sewaddle, Venipede, Dwebble and Larvesta. I shall also be importing a Yanma from far-off Johto. CurRent Team:

Ruru the Joltik
    I am a Wholockian.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Sworn Metalhead's Banner - Eeveelover's Userbars

Easily beaten the gym despite the type disadvantage.Defeated all Team Plasma grunts and two Ace trainers in Dragonspiral tower where both Foongus and Ferroseed evolved into Amoonguss and Ferrothorn respectively.Defeated all Team Plasma grunts in Relic Castle and got the Light Stone.Defeated all trainers on Route 8 and Moor of Icirrus.Also defeated Bianca easily and saved the game.

Team:

Snaky
    Leavy
    Leafmon
    Deerly
    Fungy
    Thorny

Boxed:

Cottony
    Lillil
    Cacti
    HM Only Drilbur
    HM Only Ducklett
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Plan on doing a bug monotype. However I have a question about traded evolutions like Escavalier and Accelgor. Are they allowed to be traded for the evolutionary purpose? Sorry if this has been asked already.
    3DS FC: 3652-0833-1760

Rock type
    Pokemon: Rhydon, Pupitar, Dwebble

Would really like any shiny, modest misdreavus, HA Carvanha or any other good offers

Quote Originally Posted by MonoclePenguin View Post
    Plan on doing a bug monotype. However I have a question about traded evolutions like Escavalier and Accelgor. Are they allowed to be traded for the evolutionary purpose? Sorry if this has been asked already.
    Yes, you can trade for evolutionary purposes.
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedieno View Post
    Yes, you can trade for evolutionary purposes.
    cool, then monobug team go!!

So far 1 badge and wasn't easy lol (chose Snivy)

Venonat - Natalii lvl 13
    3DS FC: 3652-0833-1760

Rock type
    Pokemon: Rhydon, Pupitar, Dwebble

Would really like any shiny, modest misdreavus, HA Carvanha or any other good offers

Defeated All trainers on Route 9.Also defeated both trainers in rotation battles in Battle House.Defeated the Gym Leader Brycen with not much difficulty thanks to Dragon Tail's low priority.Got the Master Ball from Prof. Juniper.Defeated all trainers on Route 10.Evolved Pansage with a leaf stone as it has now learned Crunch and saved the game.

Snaky
    Leavy
    Leafmon
    Deerly
    Fungy
    Thorny

Boxed:

Cottony
    Lillil
    Cacti
    HM Only Drilbur
    HM Only Ducklett

Urgh. After a single trade to get my starter, this is not going well. I still only have Ruru the Joltik, and now it's over levelled. So I'm at my wits end with him ignoring me. Lenora is giving me hell. Level 21 is not doing Ruru any favours.

Ruru the Joltik Lv.21
    I am a Wholockian.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Sworn Metalhead's Banner - Eeveelover's Userbars

Defeated All Trainers on Victory Road.In Pokemon League,I defeated Grimsley and Caitlin and restored all my Pokemon to full health.But against Shauntal's Chandelure swept my entire by just using Fire Blast and to my bad luck none of its hit missed(not even on my Bright Powder Leavanny).So,I'll have to think up another strategy.My Team:

Snaky
    Leavy
    Leafmon
    Deerly
    Fungy
    Thorny

Boxed:

Cottony
    Lillil
    Cacti
    HM Only Drilbur
    HM Only Ducklett

I completed the Celestial Tower, which was a nice walk. Caught a Litwick, but I had already decided my 5th Gen member is going to be Golurk. I then completed Skyla's Gym. Skyla herself tried but failed, as I lead with Fluorine against her Swoobat. Swoobat's Amnesiaing let me safely Nasty Plot three times, and though Fluorine suffered some damage he took Swoobat down and at +6 Special Attack there was no stopping him finishing things off. Helium finally got his much needed decent flying move as Skyla gave me the Acrobatics TM.

Cheren managed to pose more of a challenge, but was no big deal, and then it was on to Twist Mountain. Boldores are a right pain, and the mountain demanded a fair number of healing items from me, but though something of a slog it was no Chargestone Cave. I didn't explore every corner though, as I reached Icirrus.

After a quick check round the town I went to the Dragonspiral Tower, but it was no entry. The Icirrus Gym first. The levels of the Gym Trainers told me this would be more of a challenge than Skyla's, and then I came up to Brycen.

I lead Hydrogen against his Vanillish, and went straight for the Shadow Ball. It missed the OHKO, but got the Special Defense fall, as Vanillish Acid Armoured. Though Brycen used a Hyper Potion, it was fruitless as Hydrogen's Sludge Bomb took Vanillish straight down.

Beartic was much sturdier, and taking a dent from a Shadow Ball KOed Hydrogen right back with Icicle Crash. Fluorine stepped up, and I went for the Nasty Plot, to be hit by a Swagger. That demanded a Full Heal, then we traded Hexes with Icicle Crashes, both using a Hyper Potion before Beartic went down.

Now it was Brycen's last Pokemon, his Cryogonal, and I opted for the Pain Split. Fluorine was outsped, but hung on from the Aurora Beam before snagging 50 HP. Being on the receiving end of a crit made it my turn to use a cheeky Hyper Potion, before ending the battle in style with Fluorine's last ever Hex, as he reached level 41 and learnt Shadow Ball to replace it.

Now the Shadow Triad have invited me to Dragonspiral Tower. There N awaits, but more important, I can find my 5th team member.

I defeated The Elite 4 thanks to some luck.But N was very difficult to defeat.His Zekrom most of the time took down atleast 2 Pokemon each time as well as his Vanilluxe's Blizzard,Archeop's Acrobatics and Zoroark's Flamethrower were pretty tough to handle for my team.But today i managed to defeat him(on 12th try) finally after some training in Sports Domes in Nimbasa.But then I faced Ghetsis and his Hydreigon toreburnt my team into pieces on the first try.So I'll have to do some more training to catch up with his team levels.
    Team:

Snaky
    Leavy
    Leafmon
    Deerly
    Fungy
    Thorny

Boxed:

Cottony
    Lillil
    Cacti
    HM Only Drilbur
    HM Only Ducklett

On the second floor of Dragonspiral Tower, I caught my fifth and final member, Radon the Golett! Who has Klutz

Klutz doesn't stop EXP Share working, thank Arceus, so I trained him up as I went up the tower. He was initially underwhelming, with a pair of unreliable moves (Magnitude and DynamicPunch) and generally poor power. Nonetheless, I got through Dragonspiral Tower, albeit with a close call at the stage where I had to fight four Plasma Grunts in a row, my team being weakened.

I reached the summit, and tried to remember if there was to be a battle with N. Unsure, I healed my Pokemon, pointlessly as it turned out for N just jabbered before flying off on Zekrom.

Then it was a quick flight to Nimbasa, where before heading to the Relic Castle I opted to train Radon up in the sports venues. There, I suffered one of my rare losses, a basketball player's Stoutland critting Helium, then I went through my Pokemon in completely the wrong order before downing it with my weakened Hydrogen, only to realise that Stoutland was not the only Pokemon, and worse, my opponent's second was a Boldore. With Sturdy saving it from the OHKO it took down Hydrogen.

On the rematch, it was my turn to get a timely crit and an easy win.

Relic Castle was a pain in the backside. The battles were not especially difficult, especially once it occurred to me to teach Radon the less powerful but much more reliable Brick Break over DynamicPunch, but they just seem really frequent. The worst case being dropping through quicksand to land on top of an item, getting into a battle upon turning to face north, and then another one upon taking one step north

Eventually Radon reached level 42 in the castle, and evolved to Golurk. At which point this Rare Candy Treatment strip was invoked.

I've now just left the Nacrene Pokemon Centre, having trade-evolved Hydrogen to Gengar. Next stop Opelucid!

UPDATE: The Moor of Icirrus was explored, and then I crossed into Opelucid. Ghetsis was being suspicious and I had a couple of fun rotation battles, then despatched the Gym Trainers. They have decent Pokemon, but mine are stronger than ever and the battles were little trouble.

Now it is the big one. The 8th Gym Badge, and a titanic clash between the two rarest of Elemental Types: Drayden's Dragons, against my Ghosts.

VS

Fluorine was to be my lead. Gym Leaders tend to open with their weakest Pokemon, so I hoped to get a Nasty Plot without taking too much damage. Drayden, however, had other ideas, his Fraxure taking Fluorine down after a Dragon Dance.

I sent Radon in next, for his Iron Defenses to counter Fraxure's Attack boosts. A risky strategy, I'd be very exposed to critical hits, but one that succeeded as I got three Iron Defenses in before taking Fraxure down with Magnitudes 7 and 6.

Next was Druddigon, and despite having wings Unova's oddball dragon is firmly grounded, so a Magnitude 8 dented it before Radon was phased out with Dragon Tail, Dragging Neon in.

Neon. My highest levelled Pokemon, but also one with a record of being my most useless. And Druddigon has rough skin, but can it hurt Neon otherwise? I called for the Endure to scout: sure enough, it has Night Slash. That's going to hit any switch-in super-effectively, although Helium can probably handle it, and perhaps Radon or Fluorine. Nonetheless, it seemed safer to go for the X-Scissor and accept sacrificing Neon.

Drayden's final Pokemon I "knew" would be a Zweillous, so I sent in Radon for his Brick Break. I knew wrong, it's Haxorus! Well, may as well go for the Magnitude, and though it was a 7 it was a critical hit Mag 7. Game, set, and match.
    Last edited by cantab; 13th May 2012 at 1:43 AM.

So I borrowed my friend's black version since I didn't want to restart on my own White version...
    I think I'll follow cantab and do a pan-generational Ground Monotype run.

Unsure of anything, but I want a 6th member, so I'll choose Trapinch as my pseudo starter.
    and just to make the run against my rivals harder, I'll choose Tepig to make both of them take super-effective against me. Not to mention the first gym.
    Any suggestions for team?

No idea if there should be a theme for names, so right now its just Trapinch
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

Quote Originally Posted by terrytorterra View Post
    So I borrowed my friend's black version since I didn't want to restart on my own White version...
    I think I'll follow cantab and do a pan-generational Ground Monotype run.

Unsure of anything, but I want a 6th member, so I'll choose Trapinch as my pseudo starter.
    and just to make the run against my rivals harder, I'll choose Tepig to make both of them take super-effective against me. Not to mention the first gym.
    Any suggestions for team?

No idea if there should be a theme for names, so right now its just Trapinch
    Take Dugtrio for Gen 1,Donphan for Gen 2,Whiscash for Gen 3,Mamoswine for Gen 4 and Stunfisk for Gen 5.

I was planning to do a Flying or Normal Monotype Challenge, because there is a lot of those types in Unova, but since there is no problem in trading, I will do a Dark Monotype Challenge.

My planned team:

- fly user, helps in fights against fighting types.

- to beat ground, water and rock.

- to beat dragon, ground, flying etc.

- the tank of my team and a good toxic user. Drapion would be a better choice, but I am tired of using it on my Platinum Team.

- to beat steel, rock and dragon (with outrage)

- to beat rock, steel, ice, etc

--

- surfer

- slave
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 21st May 2012 at 3:51 PM.

Sorry,I forgot to mention in my previous posts about Virizion and Reshiram which I have captured.Finally after more than a week of training in Sports Domes, I was able to defeat Ghetsis.The Credits rolled and THE END was written but I continue my journey to meet and capture other region's Grass Type Pokemon and defeat the Eastern Unova.Looker came and gave me a fishing rod and a task-to find the 7 Team Plasma Sages.Now my goal is to train some more in Eastern Unova and take on and defeat the Pokemon League,Cynthia and Shigeki Morimoto.

First Game Clear Team:

Snaky Lv.55
    Leavy Lv.54
    Leafmon Lv.54
    Deerly Lv.55
    Fungy Lv.54
    Thorny Lv. 55

Post First Game Clear -

I defeated all trainers in Route 11 and Village Bridge.But I barely managed to win against Two Trainers with Swoobat on Route 12 with my Ferrothorn surviving with 3 HP.This made me angry and I saved the Game.

Team:

Snaky
    Leavy
    Leafmon
    Deerly
    Fungy
    Thorny

Boxed:

Cottony
    Lillil
    Cacti
    Grassy
    HM Only Drilbur
    HM Only Ducklett
    'The Forced to catch to advance storyline' Reshiram
    Last edited by amittal12; 21st May 2012 at 4:44 PM.

I will start a Water Mono-type later on Black.

Planned Team:
    Starmie
    Poliwrath
    Swampert
    Sharpedo
    Swanna
    Ludicolo
    With this team, I have a type advantage against every type, except dragon but also, I have Ice moves, so it evens out.
    Last edited by ilovedeino; 21st May 2012 at 4:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedeino View Post
    I will start a Water Mono-type later on Black.

Planned Team:
    Starmie
    Poliwrath
    Swampert
    Sharpedo
    Swanna
    Ludicolo
    With this team, I have a type advantage against every type, except dragon but also, I have Ice moves, so it evens out.
    You forgot Flying type but Ice moves can take care of them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    You forgot Flying type but Ice moves can take care of them as well.
    Oh yes, well at least I have every type still covered, thank you telling me, I would've never noticed it.
    I guess I'll go ahead and start it.

Okay, I started with Oshawott. I just solo'd with Lillipup until my first badge.
    I caught a bunch of Pokemon to trade with. I traded in(all eggs) Staryu, Poliwag, Mudkip, Carvanha, Ducklett, and Lotad.

I hatched them all, and trained a while. Team at this point:
    Staryu Lv.12
    Tackle, Harden, Water Gun, Rapid Spin
    Poliwag Lv.13
    Water Pulse(egg), Endure(egg), Endeavor(egg), Hypnosis
    Mudkip Lv.12
    Sludge(egg), Counter(egg), Mirror Coat(egg), Water Gun
    Carvanha Lv.13
    Hydro Pump(egg), Ancientpower(egg), Double-Edge(egg), Bite
    Ducklett Lv.13
    Steel Wing(egg), Brine(egg), Air Cutter(egg), Defog
    Lotad Lv.12
    Razor Leaf(egg), Teeter Dance(egg), Synthesis(egg), Nature Power

I will continue later.

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    Take Dugtrio for Gen 1,Donphan for Gen 2,Whiscash for Gen 3,Mamoswine for Gen 4 and Stunfisk for Gen 5.
    Wow that's actually pretty close to what I had thought of

I think I'll go ahead and take
    Flygon
    Dugtrio
    Donphan
    either swampert or whiscash (swampert was my original choice, but since they have the same type and similar stats, I could go with whiscash...)
    Gligar
    and Stunfisk.

I was actually thinking krrokadile for 5th gen, but stunfisk sounds like an interesting choice since it's so... bizarre.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

Okay, I just beat Elesa, it was kind of easy, I had Marshtomp.

Staryu Lv.33
    Bubblebeam, Swift, Camouflage, Recover
    Poliwrath Lv.34
    Water Pulse, Body Slam, Focus Punch, Mud Shot
    Marshtomp Lv.32
    Sludge, Mud Shot, Take Down, Water Gun
    Sharpedo Lv.34
    Auqa Jet, Ancientpower, Crunch, Ice Fang
    Ducklett Lv.33
    Steel Wing, Brine, Air Cutter, Fly
    Lombre Lv.33
    Razor Leaf, Teeter Dance, Zen Headbutt, Bubblebeam

So I finally started my second monotype challenge. I started with Tsutarja and boxed it after I caught a Choroneko at Route 2 and I used it to beat the first Gym Leader, Pod.
    It was hard because Choroneko is a very weak Pokémon.

After I got the C-Gear, I traded some eggs, hatched and trained them a bit, here is my team thus far:

Moufflair Lvl. 14
    Donkeurou Lvl. 11
    Noctus Lvl. 10

Boxed:

Samehader Lvl. 1
    Waruvial Lvl. 1
    Manyula Lvl. 1

I don't plan to use them yet, mainly because the game would turn out to be too easy with six Pokémon in my team.
    And I released the Choroneko, too weak for my taste.

Okay, I already beat Drayden, next update will be the second league fight.

Starmie Lv.47
    Surf, Gyro Ball, Thunderbolt, Recover
    Poliwrath Lv.46
    Surf, Blizzard, Focus Punch, Mind Reader
    Swampert Lv.47
    Sludge, Protect, Take Down, Surf
    Sharpedo Lv.47
    Surf, Ancientpower, Crunch, Blizzard
    Swanna Lv.47
    Steel Wing, Surf, Air Slash, Fly
    Ludicolo Lv.47
    Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Zen Headbutt, Surf

Well. This is it. The big one. I've been to the various areas I'd previously passed by, then climbed Victory Road, and finally I stood at the fourfold junction of the Pokemon League.

My team, upon entering:

Hydrogen @ Black Sludge
    Lv 53
    Focus Blast / Clear Smog / Shadow Ball / Destiny Bond

Fluorine @ Eviolite
    Lv 53
    Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Nasty Plot / Pain Split

Neon @ Brightpowder
    Lv 51
    Shadow Sneak / Endure / X-Scissor / Dig

Helium @ No item
    Lv 53
    Acrobatics / Weather Ball / Rain Dance / Thunder

Radon @ Rocky Helmet
    Lv 53
    Iron Defense / Fly / Earthquake / Brick Break

"Caitlin first", I thought. Wakey wakey, the ghosts are coming.

I made my opening move. "Fluorine, Nasty Plot!" Caitlin's Reuniclus hit for about 45%, before I took it down with the Shadow Ball. Her Musharna was bulkier, just about withstanding Fluorine's Shadow Ball and retaliating with its own, but it was weak on the offensive

Now I had to guess. Would Caitlin Full Restore, and so should I risk the Pain Split, or should I just attack? I decided for a third option, another Nasty Plot. Sure enough Caitlin did Full Restore, and I went for the Pain Split afterwards, topping up Fluorine's HP before taking another Shadow Ball.

Now at +4 SpA, and Fluorine being no Slowpoke, it was game set and match from there. The Elite Four are weaker than I expected, maybe I shouldn't have levelled so much.

Next up? Oh what the heck, I needed a challenge, so I went for Grimsley. I wasn't the first person he's faced today? Intruiging...

I lead with Helium. No super-effective attacks against Dark, but he's a good all-rounder with some bulk. Grimsley lead with Scrafty. I could have gone straight for the Acrobatics, but I expected Grimsley had a Krookodile and I wanted to be ready for it, so, "Rain Dance!"

Scrafty's Crunch did just over 50%, then it narrowly survived the Acrobatics and Sand-Attacked me Grimsley Full Restored, but it was second time's the charm for my Acrobatics Helium.

Krookodile next, just as expected, and my Weather Ball missed! I knew I should have used the X Accuracy...well too late now. Helium was down, so it was time for Radon, and holy Magikarp! Foul Play did huge damage before I could Iron Defence. Still, nothing a Hyper Potion can't fix. Grimsley employed his second Full Restore to recover the damage from Radon's Brick Break, so I copied with another Hyper Potion, before finally eliminating Krookodile with another Brick Break.

Now for Liepard, and its Night Slash just wasn't good enough, Radon was left with just 14 HP but OHKOed it with guess what move.

Bisharp, Grimsley's last Pokemon, and Radon was finally downed. Time for some fun I though. "Go Neon! Use your Dig attack". Alas, that weak link in my team lived up to its record as it was just too slow.

I had an ace up my sleeve however, and a single Focus Blast from Hydrogen, the unreliable move thankfully not missing, wrapped up the battle.

For the next member, I planned to Marshall all of my skills.

The Fighting member I knew had too many Rock attacks for Helium to be a safe option, so I went with Radon, who in Throh found something that he was faster than for once. Well, at least until Radon's Iron Defense was followed by Throh's Bulldoze slowing Radon down. From there I went for an Earthquake, and followed it up with a Fly.

Sawk was a bit more hassle. Stupid Sturdy, and stupid Full Restore spam, so I exploited the AI: Brick Break did only just under 50%, meaning Marshall didn't use a third Full Restore and I could finish Sawk with a Fly.

Aside from that minor hump, Radon just tanked his way through Marshall's team. Nothing after Throh could even hit me neutrally, never mind super-effective. Marshall said the other Elite Four members are more powerful than him: against a Golurk, that's true for sure.

The final battle before the Champion, and the stage was set for a clash between two Ghost specialists. It wasn't going to be truly epic - I'd levelled my own team a bit too high for that - but I hoped for an interesting battle.

What I got was Hydrogen, taking his turn at leading, OHKOing Cofagrigus, Golurk, and Chandelure with Shadow Ball. At last Jellicent managed to hold on against the first Shadow Ball and hit back with its own, doing about equal percentage damage, but Shauntal's Full Restore was merely postponing the inevitable. Despite not being a critical hit, Hydrogen's second Shadow Ball took Jellicent right down. I can only assume it was a low roll followed by a high roll on the damage randomisation.

The reality of my playthrough had failed to comply with what Pratchett called narrative imperative. Perhaps the Champion can rectify matters?

Well, after beating a lot of trainers close to Nacrene City, I decided to face Aloe, the second Gym Leader of Unova.
    My team's level at the occasion:

Donkeurou Lvl. 18
    Noctus Lvl. 17
    Moufflair Lvl. 16

The battle was a pain, as usual. The defenses of my three dears aren't that good and STAB'd Take Down and Retaliate hurts a lot. But whit Sabonea's Leech Seed and Stunpoo's Poison Gas, I could beat her Herderrie. After that, she sent her damned Miruhog, which easily raped my Sabonea and Stunpoo with Retaliate. So I sent my Yamikarasu, who took down the Miruhog with two Pursuits, thanks to Miruhog's Hypnosis missing.

It is time to beat the crap of some Plasma Grunts and hopefully evolve my Sabonea to a creepy Noctus.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 22nd May 2012 at 12:55 PM.

Let us end this charade. We all know what happens, the person who got to Alder before us and the building that came from nowhere. Now it was time to end things.

I was psyched for the challenge of capturing Reshiram, only to be deflated like a popped Drifblim when it went into the first Ultra Ball. Game Freak made it just a bit too easy.

N's Zekrom, however, would not be facing his Unovan opposite number. No, I had another, a sixth team member.

VS

"Fusion Bolt!"
    "Shadow Force!"
    "Light Screen!"
    "Zen Headbutt!"
    "Zen Headbutt!"
    "Bulldoze!"
    "Dragon Claw!"

Zekrom fainted...

The King of Ghosts, Sinnoh's Renegade Pokemon, Giratina, had vanquished Unova's Deep Black Pokemon in a clash of dragons fit for the occasion. First blood was to myself, but now as N sent out Vanilluxe it was time for me to switch. Out came Neon, immune to the Blizzard, only for N to counterswitch to his Carracosta, leading me to replace Neon with Radon, resisting the Stone Edge.

I contemplated Iron Defense, but went for the Brick Break instead, denting Carracosta before Radon took a heavy Waterfall. I hoped to finish off the turtle, only to be met with an Aqua Jet. Fluorine came out, to revenge with the Thunderbolt.

Now I faced Archeops, a Pokemon demanding a swift response, so I went directly for another Thunderbolt, taking heavy damage from Stone Edge first but kicking the ancient bird into Defeatist range. Its Crunch was now weak, and Fluorine hung grimly on to take his foe down. As his reward, he learnt Power Gem, replacing the rarely used (though not useless) Pain Split, even though in this battle the old move would have been a boon.

N's Klinklang was met with Fluorine's last attack, to reveal itself to be no Gear Pokemon - it was a Zoroark, who at last downed Fluorine. The perfect target for a Focus Blast from Hydrogen, which with a critical hit terminated the fox with extreme prejudice.

N's last remaining Pokemon - his Vanilluxe and his real Klinklang - likewise fell to Hydrogen power.

N took the loss with grace, and his usual sense of theatrics. Certainly, I could hardly be accused of failing to join him in such, and of putting my own spin on events. In another Unova the region's two Fire legends had clashed, Victini against Reshiram, and now here it had been a battle across generations.

Ghetsis, however, was less amused.

Giratina was forced to lead, but it would hardly be fair; against Cofagrigus, I promptly switched to Fluorine, who might have defeated Ghetsis' lead had it not been for an unfortunate special fall from the coffin's Shadow Ball. I followed up with Neon, hoping to take Cofagrigus down with Shadow Sneak, but it was just not powerful enough.

Ghetsis would be Full Restoring now, so I took the chance to set up, bringing in Helium for a Rain Dance. My Thunder was met, annoyingly, with a Toxic then Protect spam. It did the trick for Ghetsis too, Helium being worn down enough to fall to a Shadow Ball.

I was on the back foot now, sending out Hydrogen, who really should have come sooner. He finally got rid of the annoying mummy.

For Bouffalant I switched in Radon, freely as Ghetsis went for the Head Charge. I snagged my Iron Defense, before taking out the bison with Brick Breaks, Radon comfortably withstanding the Earthquakes his opponent fired back.

Seismitoad was next...not a good match for any of my team. I opted to stay in, fruitlessly as it took out Radon right away with a Muddy Water.

Only Hydrogen, whom I sent out, and Giratina left. I was cut a break now, as Muddy Water missed, letting Hydrogen 2HKO him easily. Eelektross was likewise 2HKOed, though not before heavily damaging and SpDef dropping Hydrogen.

Then Ghetsis sent out Bisharp, and now Focus Blast had to hit. It didn't.

It all came down to the Pokemon it had started with, Giratina.

And there, it ended. Bisharp somehow avoided the 3HKO from Bulldoze, and as I fled, Ghetsis now stood to rule Unova unopposed.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast