Thread: 7th Gen Nuzlocke Thread Challenge Thread!

Default 7th Gen Nuzlocke Thread Challenge Thread!

7th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!
    Games in this gen: SM

What is a Nuzlocke Challenge?

A Nuzlocke challenge involves treating any Pokemon that you have in your party that faint 'dying', and hence said Pokemon cannot be used anymore in the challenge and must be replaced. In addition, you can only catch and use the first Pokemon you encounter in any city, town, cave or route. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances with Pokemon on that route. You complete the challenge when you beat the Champion/see the credits.

There are many other variations of such a challenge - such as having to nickname all your Pokemon (so you have a closer connection to your lost comrades) which will be used here, allowing for the first Pokemon you encounter to not include duplicates (so if you encountered a Pikipek in one route as your first Pokemon and got it and then encountered another in the next route, you can wait until a different Pokemon appears and treat that as your 'first Pokemon'), no legendaries, restriction on healing items that can be used (beyond Revives obviously) and so forth.

Rules

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
    • You can only use the first Pokemon you encounter in each route/town/city/cave.
    • All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
    • If a Pokemon in your party faints you must box/release it and not use it anymore in your challenge.
    • If you wish to use any other restrictions, please specify them in the first post you make in this thread for your challenge.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Pokémon news, opinions, creative works and more. Now live!

R
    ead Daily's Sun and Moon Review!

Started a blind nuzlocke of Sun Friday, and do to work and other things haven't gotten that far. So far I've lost a Pichu, Pikipek, and Wingull. I just beat Hala and got the ride pager. My team is currently:
    Kane (Torracat) 17
    Yokozuna (Makuhita) 16
    Trixie (Pom-Pom Oricorio) 13
    Victor (Cutiefly) 14
    Matilda (Zubat) 14

Planning to see where Tauros opens up besides Ten Carat Hill, and seeing if I get any other new capture chances. And before people ask how I have had 7 captures so far I'm counting each time a new name pops up, the Hau'oli Outskirts are different than Route 1. Loses happened due to Ilama's Smeargle, a wild Gumshoos, and Oricorio calling in help twice while I tried to catch it.

woot21 out dawgs
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Organizing a Smash tournament

Finally started my first Nuzlocke for this Gen. I'm doing so on Moon and currently at the Trainer's School about to take on the four traniers. I picked Litten as my starter and ended up with her being female.

Current Team:

Francis (Ledyba) Lvl: 7
    Lilo (Litten) Lvl: 10

Deaths

None Yet
    Shinys: Bulbasaur, Ralts, Latias, Zorua, Chimchar (Newest)

Teams: (So Far)

Sun:
    Inceneroar
    Lycanroc (Midday)
    Vikavolt
    Pikipek+
    Kommo-o
    Wishiwashi

Moon:
    Decedueye
    Oranguru
    Mimikyu
    Minior
    Mudsdale
    Salandit+

I started my Pokemon Sun Nuzlocke a few days ago! Three deaths so far, but no major ones, which feels like a miracle after Wishiwashi and Lurantis. We're about to head up to Hokulani and take on Sophocles's trial.

Right now, I have:
    Xenon the Primarina Lv. 34
    Ray the Toucannon Lv. 33
    Jony the Leafeon Lv. 33
    Saul the Mudsdale Lv. 35
    Adele the Drifblim Lv. 32
    Tate the Pikachu Lv. 33

Currently, Tate and Adele are the ones I'm most worried about. Tate's obvious, but I'm holding out for Thunderbolt before evolving, and Adele has the worst moves imaginable. Here's hoping they both survive!

Just started my moon nuzlocke 2 deaths so far but grimer proving to be an ace

Deaths
    Poplio
    Pikipek

Team ATM
    Grimer Lv 17
    Mankey Lv 15
    Yungoos Lv 15
    Liligant Lv 13
    Diglett Lv 13

Im playing with a type clause, Dupes/Species clause, No Refresh to heal status, but one question I have b4 I go any further would Ten Karrot hill and Ten karrot hill Farthest Hallow count as 2 different areas since since the area name pops up when entering

Quote Originally Posted by TxTrainer47 View Post
    Im playing with a type clause, Dupes/Species clause, No Refresh to heal status, but one question I have b4 I go any further would Ten Karrot hill and Ten karrot hill Farthest Hallow count as 2 different areas since since the area name pops up when entering
    That's entirely up to you. People play both ways. You just have to decide if you want more opportunities to catch pokémon or if you want a greater challenge.

Adventure started 11/18/16
    First Hall of Fame entry 11/27/16
    Alola Pokédex: 301/301 - completed 12/13/16
    Alola Living Pokédex completed 12/22/16
    current hunt:

I'd like to participate! Ther's no nuzlocke in french forums for Sun and Moon yet. Do we have to start some battles at some points?

If i would have done a blind nuzlocke when I first got the game, I would have lost the nuzlocke to Ilima's Smeargle. CURSE YOU WATER GUN
    Pokemon Sun Shinies:
    (37 SOS Calls) (27 SOS Calls)

Planned Pokemon Sun Hunts:

Current Hunts: (102 SR) (25 SR)

After thoroughly enjoying a regular playthrough in Sun, I've decided to tackle a Nuzlocke in Moon. I just cleared my first Grand Trial, and I've already suffered as many fatalities as my last two Nuzlockes (Red and Diamond) combined!

For my first-ever Trial against Totem Raticate, I instructed Pelt (Alolan Meowth) to lead with "Fake Out" to take advantage of the free flinch, but that didn't stop the Totem from summoning an ally Rattata. Pelt built up the power of her "Echoed Voice" while the Totem lowered her speed with "Scary Face" and her defenses with "Tail Whip." Thankfully, Rattata's Hustle Ability caused his "Quick Attack" to miss, and Pelt was able to one-shot him with her third overall "Echoed Voice." With much of Pelt's stamina reduced, I needed to get her off the field, so I relied on my partner Archer (Rowlet) to finish off the Totem. Although "Leafage" only inflicted a pitiful amount of damage on the Totem, Archer's natural bulk allowed him to survive long enough to emerge victorious.

With Normalium-Z in hand, it was time for the Grand Trial against Melemele Island Kahuna Hala, who'd given me Archer and gotten me started on the Island Challenge. Bloodlust (Zubat) defeated his Mankey with just one "Wing Attack", and her Inner Focus Ability allowed her to continue attacking even after his Makuhita struck with "Fake Out." Hala's ace, Crabrawler, boasted much greater endurance, however, and although Bloodlust withstood "All-Out Pummeling" with ease, she finally fell to a "Power-Up Punch" and "Pursuit" combination. Thankfully, my trusted starter Archer managed to end the match with "Peck."

Spoiler:- Kukuied:

Spoiler:- Deceased:

Spoiler:- My Rules:

Well...that run in Moon came to an unfortunate end not long after making that post. Before setting off for Akala Island, I wanted to take up Ilima on his offer for a rematch, and I approached it with WAY too much confidence. Temper's (Mankey's) "All-Out Pummeling" (from "Brick Break") failed to knock out Ilima's Gumshoos, who proceeded to annihilate Temper with a single "Breakneck Blitz." I tried to build up Pelt's (Alolan Meowth's) "Echoed Voice", but it couldn't accumulate enough power before Gumshoos flattened her with "Tackle." In order to reduce my chances of failure this time around, I've hesitantly decided to remove one of my usual Nuzlocke rules: only allowing the same number of Pokémon when battling against Rivals/Gym Leaders/Captains/Kahunas/etc. (basically anyone with a unique character sprite/model.) For example, that last Nuzlocke ended in failure because Ilima took out two of my Pokémon in a 2-VS-2 match, but this time I'll allow myself to use my entire travelling team against any opponent. So now I present: Moon Nuzlocke 2017 - REDUX.

Although I knew that I was playing it safe by leading with Hefty (Makuhita), my first Trial went even more smoothly than I expected. Hefty started with "Fake Out", allowing him to inflict a little damage on Totem Alolan Raticate without taking any in return. On the next turn, Hefty sponged "Tackle" attacks from the Totem and ally Alolan Rattata, before crushing the Alolan Rattata with a single "Brick Break." Hefty easily endured another "Tackle" from the Totem before clinching victory with one last "Brick Break."

Equipped with the Sharp Break I'd found along Route 3, Nightwing (Zubat) took down Kahuna Hala's Mankey and Makuhita using just "Wing Atttack." When Hala unleashed his ace, Crabrawler, I decided to replace Nightwing with Imago (Butterfree), since I figured that she could absorb an "All-Out Pummeling" even better than the bat. Surprisingly, Hala didnt even bother with a Z-move, instead opting to lower Imago's defense with "Leer" and then deal some neutral damage with "Pursuit." This combination couldn't stop Imago from whipping up "Gust" and firing off "Psybeam", thus earning me Fightinium Z.

Spoiler:- Current Roster:

Thankfully, my trusted starter Archer managed to end the match with "Peck."

I just successfully passed my second Grand Trial in my Moon Nuzlocke 2017 - REDUX. Huzzah!

VS TOTEM WISHIWASHI
    Even with a barrage of Scope Lens-boosted "Razor Leaf" attacks from Apollo (Rowlet), Totem Wishiwashi didn't go down easily. Thanks to a Sitrus Berry and "Heal Pulse" from ally Alomomola, Totem Wishiwashi managed to stay in School Form while lowering Apollo's attack with "Growl" and hitting surprinsgly hard with rain-boosted "Water Gun" blasts. Once Alomomola was defeated, however, Apollo was finally able to reduce the Totem to (the far less imposing) solo form. Apollo was fairly exhausted at this point, so I brought out Imago (Butterfree) to sweep away the Totem and ally Wishiwashi with "Silver Wind", thus earning me Waterium Z.

VS TOTEM SALAZZLE
    Due to Quartz's (Carbink's) incredible dependability ever since it joined my team back at Ten Carat Hill, I felt pretty confident heading into Kiawe's Fire-type Trial at Wela Volcano Park. This confidence was quickly shaken, however, when Quartz’s first "Rock Tomb" missed Totem Salazzle completely. Although Quartz was able to immediately expel the poison from the Totem's "Toxic" thanks to the Pecha Berry I'd given it before starting the Trial, I wasn't sure Quartz could handle an onslaught from the Totem and her recently-arrived ally Salandit. Fortunately, Quartz's next two "Rock Tomb" blasts hit their mark and buried the Totem. Since the Totem had gotten off a "Torment" before being crushed, and Salandit had used "Taunt", I was forced to recall Quartz ("Rock Tomb" is the only damage-dealing move in its arsenal.) In spite of this minor setback, recently-evolved Gourmand (Alolan Raticate) made quick work of the remaining Salandit with a Silk Scarf-boosted "Hyper Fang", thus earning me Firium Z.

VS TOTEM LURANTIS
    Although I managed to survive one of the Island Challenge's most intimidating Trials, Mallow's Grass-type Trial in Lush Jungle, it came at an exceptionally high cost. I decided to lead with Nightwing (Golbat), in hopes of dealing critical hits with Scope Lens-boosted "Air Cutter" strikes. Nightwing successfully eliminated Totem Lurantis's first ally, Castform, but not before "Sunny Day" was summoned to maximize the power of the Totem's "Synthesis." Fortunately, the weather changed back to normal just as the Totem summoned another ally: Trumbeak. Fearing the potential power of Trumbeak's "Rock Blast", I withdrew Nightwing in favor of Quartz (Carbink.) My plan was to crush Trumbeak as quickly as possible with "Rock Tomb"; however, things immediately went awry as Trumbeak plucked away Quartz's Sitrus Berry and the Totem utilized a hidden White Herb to unleash a single-turn "Solar Blade" that instantly reduced Quartz to rubble. RIP. Shocked and furious, I brought out Gourmand (Alolan Raticate) to obliterate Trumbeak with "Breakneck Blitz" (from "Hyper Fang") while the Totem gathered energy for another "Solar Blade." With all of the Totem's allies vanquished, I brought back Nightwing to sponge "Solar Blade" and "X-Scissor", while slowly but surely tearing away at the Totem. In a match-up that came right down to the wire, due to many missed "Air Cutter" attempts and the Totem stalling with "Synthesis", Nightwing ultimately emerged victorious, thus earning me Grassium Z.

VS ISLAND KAHUNA OLIVIA
    True to his name, Plow (Mudbray) plowed right through Kahuna Olivia's entire team. Her Nosepass took Plow's "Double Kick" without much trouble, but could only inflict minimal damage with "Rock Slide" before getting flattened by "High Horsepower." Her Boldore managed to cause Plow a bit more pain with "Headbutt", but still met with the same fate after two strikes from "High Horsepower." Olivia didn't even bother ordering her Lycanroc to use a Z-move and commanded a neutral "Bite" instead. Thankfully, Plow didn't flinch and proceeded to wallop the werewolf with a single "High Horsepower", thus earning me Rockium Z.

Spoiler:- Current Roster: