Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st/2nd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Default 1st/2nd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

1st/2nd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal

What is a Nuzlocke Challenge?

A Nuzlocke challenge involves treating any Pokemon that you have in your party that faint 'dying', and hence said Pokemon cannot be used anymore in the challenge and must be replaced. In addition, you can only catch and use the first Pokemon you encounter in any city, town, cave or route. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances with Pokemon on that route. You complete the challenge when you beat the Champion/see the credits, or with GSC beating Red.

There are many other variations of such a challenge - such as having to nickname all your Pokemon (so you have a closer connection to your lost comrades =p) which will be used here, allowing for the first Pokemon you encounter to not include duplicates (so if you encountered a Rattata in one route as your first Pokemon and got it and then encountered another in the next route, you can wait until a different Pokemon appears and treat that as your 'first Pokemon'), no legendaries, restriction on healing items that can be used (beyond Revives obviously) and so forth.

Rules

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
    • You can only use the first Pokemon you encounter in each route/town/city/cave.
    • All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
    • If a Pokemon in your party faints you must box/release it and not use it anymore in your challenge.
    • If you wish to use any other restrictions, please specify them in the first post you make in this thread for your challenge.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 30th April 2011 at 8:22 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

I got bored and decided to begin a Nuzlocke in Blue.

Here are my rules:
    -Normal Nuzlocke Rules
    -All Pokémon must be nicknamed
    -Duplicate species of anything previously obtained, dead or alive, are forbidden
    -Legendaries can be used IF they are the first ones found in an area WITHOUT using a Repel.
    -Floors of caves are different areas(Ex. Mt. Moon allows for three captures instead of one), but Pokémon obtained inside buildings do not count as different areas(Ex. Catching a Pokémon on Route 2 forbids me from trading for the Mr. Mime).
    -Extra captures are only allowed for In-Game Trades.

I went with the hardest starter to raise, Charmander, and named it Blaze. I beat my Rival, Red, rather easily. I somehow managed to back it to Viridian and back and then back to Viridian without finding a single wild Pokémon. When I had my 15 Pokéballs, I went back to Route 1 and found a Pidgey, which I caught and named Eagle. Then, I went to Route 22 and found a Rattata, which I caught and named Nibbler. I got everyone to Lv.8 and battled Red again and won, with Blaze getting to Lv.9 and learning Ember. I proceeded to Route 22 and found a Caterpie, which I caught and named Butterfly. Once in Viridian Forest, I was hoping to find a Pikachu. First battle I get into and it is a...............Weedle. I caught it, as per the rules, and named it NOTPIKACHU. No seriously, I really did. I got everyone to Lv.10, with Butterfly and NOTPIKACHU evolving fully. Then I did a bold move and challenged Brock, despite not having any moves that could deal even normal damage. His Geodude fell to Blaze's Ember rather easily, which I was surprised by. Then came his Onix. The only damage Blaze took was from using Ember after it used Bide. So, Boulder Badge get! I then made my way to Route 3, battling all of the trainers up to the grass. There, I found a Lv.3 Jigglypuff. I caught it and named it Creampuff. Then I looked at its moves, erm move. The thing was useless because all it knew was Sing! So I did what a normal player would do. I trained it by switching it out every time. It gained 2 levels from my defeating of a trainer's Jigglypuff, so I thought I was off to a good start. In Mt. Moon, I caught a Zubat, which I named Sonic. Unfortunately, as I was training Creampuff, it was killed by wild Geodude's Tackle. So my first loss was a Jigglypuff that was useless when I caught it and taught it Water Gun. On the second floor of Mt. Moon(The one that leads to Route 4 on the Cerulean side), I caught a Geodude that I named Oni. Then I fought the Rocket Grunt at the part of the bottom floor that the first stairs lead to. A Rattata managed to kill NOTPIKACHU, which really was a devastating loss. In its honor, I caught a Paras that I named Frankreich. I started training it because its part Grass. It was killed by a stupid Geodude scoring a Critical Hit with Tackle. Three losses in one cave. Not looking too good. I'm now grinding my team before proceeding any further, but I'm taking a break from that to do my Sapphire Nuzlocke.

Spoiler:- Current Team:

Spoiler:- Losses:

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

This Christmas I was given my cousin's old copy of Red, the only copy of Red or Blue I've ever owned. I decided to start a Nuzlocke, which I've been doing comics for over on DA.

Started with , just for novelty's sake. Named him Rai. Caught a (Lucy) on route 1, (Kingsley) on route 24, and (Ragweed) on route 2. Luck was on my side. Then I got into Viridian forest.

Two important events happened in the forest. 1: I caught a (Needlenose). 2: Ragweed met a terrible fate, taken down by a poison status. The worst way to go.

Out of the forest, it was time for Pewter gym.Type was not on my side, but since it was generation 1, I knew Bide would be Brock's main offense, so I wasn't too worried. Turns out I should've been more worried. I won the badge, but at the expense of Needlenose.

After this, we began to truly see how bad I am at this. Caught a (Ace) on rt. 3, which got promptly KOed during grinding. Killed a in Mt. Moon, lost Lucy before making it out. Caught an (Medusa), lost it as cannon fodder in the battle against Gary. Failed to catch an on Rt. 22, managed to snag another (Needlebane) on rt. 23. Now CAUTIOUSLY training for Misty.

Spoiler:- Current team:

Spoiler:- Deaths:

White FC: 3654-1880-7019

3DS FC: 2105-8751-4059

Got everyone to Lv.16, with Blaze evolving. I made my way through Mt. Moon. The under-leveled Raticate owned by a Rocket got a Critical Hit with Hyper Fang, killing Sonic, bringing the total losses in Mt. Moon to four. I made it out with no further losses. On Route 4, I caught a Sandshrew, which I named Slash. As I was grinding, I misjudged the strength of a Spearow, and Slash died. I got everyone to Lv.18, with Eagle evolving, before fighting Red. He was a cakewalk. I then made my way to Route 25, where I caught a Bellsprout that I named Flytrap. I figured I was in the clear because I finally had something super-effective against Misty. Naturally, a Youngster's Rattata got a Critical Hit with Quick Attack, killing Flytrap. I got everyone to Lv.20, with Nibbler evolving, and went in thinking I was going to be wiped out. As with everything else that I thought would happen, the opposite occurred. With a combination of Sleep Powder from Butterfly and Hyper Fang from Nibbler, I managed to get out with no losses. On Route 5, I caught a Meowth that I named Pussycat from a suggestion my friend gave me. I then started to grind. Got it to Lv.16, and made it to Vermillion, where I used the Old Rod to fish up a Magikarp that I named Ravage. In Diglett's Cave, I caught a Diglett(Obviously) that I named Magnitude. A Lv.21 Diglett scored a Critical Hit Dig, killing Pussycat. On Route 11, I caught a Drowzee that I named Hypnosis. First battle on the S.S Anne, a Lass's Pidgey scored a Critical Gust, killing Magnitude. This meant Hypnosis would be on my team, so I'm grinding it now before I finish the S.S Anne.

Spoiler:- Box'd:

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Was bored at 2 am. Decided to do a Gold version Nuzlocke run.
    -Normal Nuzlocke Rules
    -All Pokémon must be nicknamed
    -Duplicate species of anything previously obtained forbidden
    -Floors of caves are different areas

Started out with Cyndaquil (Typhy), just because, and made it to Mr. Pokemon's House before falling asleep. And since I can't catch Pokemon yet...it's just me and Typhy for a little while longer.
    Update: First Pokemon I encountered was a female Sentret, named her Scout. Trained her for a bit, then remembered that Route 46 existed and could probably catch a Geodude there right now. With luck, I did and named him Brock. Trained Brock and Scout to level 10 to match Typhy. Then I progressed to Route 30 and found a Caterpie, naming it Beefree. Evolved Beefree into a Metapod before completing the rest of route 30. In route 31 I encountered a Bellsprout, and named her Belle. Just made it to Violet City, but I want to train more before challenging Falkner. I also want to wait until night to catch a Gastly in Sprout Tower Will probably capture a Zubat in Dark Cave in the meantime.

Last edited by omniouswind; 15th May 2011 at 7:33 PM. Reason: update

Well, I decided to start a Gold version Nuzlocke Challenge, just to pass the time. I started my game and I named my character "Harold". I did all the stuff at my house and then I went to Professor Elm's lab and I picked a Starter Pokemon. I chose a Totodile and I named him "Judas". I left for Cherrygrove City and I trained Judas along the way. After about 10 minutes of training, I arrived in Cherrygrove City and I got a tour of the town. I finished that up and I healed Judas at the Pokemon Center. I headed north to Mr. Pokemon's house. I arrived, got the mystery egg from Mr. Pokemon and then I obtained the Pokedex from Professor Oak. I got a call from Elm as I was leaving, and I headed back to New Bark Town.

Current team:
    - Judas level 8

I started a red version nuzlocke a while back so I will just post where I am now.

Around vermillion, clearing S.S. Anne. Picked up a dugtrio in the digletts cave, added it to my team. Which was Wartortle and Pidgeotto. No deaths so far.

Team, Wartortle -28 Pidgeotto - 28 Dugtrio - 29
    Fc: 5300-9702-8663 (in game name mike)
    Ice: spheal, Beartic and cloyster.

MM success so far,

I'm going to do this on my Red version ROM. I intend to refuse duplicates, and I count each floor of a dungeon as a separate area. Also, I don't count pokemon as the first in an area until I receive pokeballs.

I started with Charmander, and named it The Baron. I figured that it would be more of a challenge that way, as well as the fact that it's the version mascot.

Beat my Rival, Green, and went north. I reached Viridian City easily enough. Did the package quest, then went back to Viridian and bought some Pokeballs and Antidotes.

Caught a Lv. 3 Pidgey on Route 1, which I named Hermes. Trained it a lot, then went to Route 22. Found a Lv. 2 Nidoran M, which I named Atilla. I was disappointed, as I really don't like catching Lv. 2 pokemon, and I would have preferred a Rattata. I suppose there's always Route 2. Trained everyone to Lv. 9, then fought Green. Extremely easy.

I went to Route 2 and was pleased to find a Lv. 4 Rattata, which I caught and named Shiikon (Japanese for fang or something like that). I intend on using it for most of Viridian Forest, which I will tackle at a later date.

Going to do this with my Silver ROM. Named myself Silver. Picked Totodile as my starter and named him Tebow. I made it to the place where the mystery egg was being held and brought it back to Professor Elm, after defeating my rival, whom I've named Gold.

Gold Nuzlocke

-----RULES-----
    1. Only catch first Pokemon in each Route. NO EXCEPTIONS.
    2. If a Pokemon faints, put it in my death box.

-I started with Totodile. I encountered a Pidgey on Route 29, so I decided to train(I still didn't have Pokeballs).
    -I trained and continued to Mr.Pokemon's house, I didn't encounter any Pokemon on Route 30, so after I got the Pokeballs, I caught a Pidgey.
    -I trained Pidgey on Route 29 and continued to Violet City.
    -I caught a Bellsprout in Route 31, and Zubat in Dark Cave. I boxed Zubat.
    -I beat every trainer easily with Pidgey in Route 30, 31, and Sprout Tower.
    -While in Sprout Tower, I encountered a Rattata, but I had no Pokeballs.
    -I then trained all of them until they were all decent levels.
    -I then challenged Falkner, even though he has a Pidgeotto, it's only level 9, So it's easy.

Spoiler:- MY TEAM:

Spoiler:- BOXED:
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

Hi! I am a 90's kid so I decided to start my Nuzlocke challenge with the classics. I am tying it out on Pokemon Red Version.

Here are my rules:
    (1) After receiving Poke Balls you may only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in each area. If your first encounter is a Pokemon you have already caught, then you must kill it and wait to encounter the first Pokemon you have not caught before.
    (2) Once you pass through an area, you cannot catch a Pokemon there anymore (as in, you can't come back to a place like Viridian City after you get the Super Rod and fish for awesome water Pokemon, despite the fact that you have never encountered a Pokemon there before). Trades with other trainers are the only exception (if you get a Poliwhirl, you are allowed to go back and trade it for the Jynx in Cerulean City). One trade per area only if you never encountered a Pokemon there before (to meet the "one new Pokemon per area requirement").
    (3) You can catch Legendary Pokemon, but only if you used Repels in those areas and encountered no other Pokemon before meeting the legendary Pokemon. However, be aware that trying to catch a legendary Pokemon puts you at risk for losing several other Pokemon in the process.
    (4) If a Pokemon faints, it is dead.
    (5) Nicknames are optional (I personally don't like nicknames very much).

My journey thus far through the first gym:

* Starter = Squirtle
    * Route 1: Caught a Pidgey but I have not used it yet
    * Route 22: Caught a Rattata and have used it up to this point
    * Viridian Forest: Caught a Weedle and have used it so far
    * Weedle evolved into Kakuna
    * Kakuna evolved into Beedrill
    *Route 2: No new Pokemon (the only wild Pokemon here are Pidgey, Rattata, and Weedle - awful luck, eh?)
    *Trained a lot to get ready for the gym battle against Brock
    *Defeated Brock easily with my Lv15 Squirtle
    *After the gym battle, Squirtle evolved into Wartortle

*CURRENT PARTY:
    Beedrill ............Lv12
    Rattata ............Lv12
    Wartortle .........Lv16

*ALIVE BUT INACTIVE:
    Pidgey .............Lv04

*DECEASED:
    N/A so far

Wish me luck!!!

Hello again! I just made it through Gym 2 and I thought I would give you guys an update on what's happened so far in the Nuzlocke Challenge for Pokemon Red. I am using Pokemon that I never chose to use in the past but I love them! Except for Beedrill; he is kind of weak but he just learned Twineedle so hopefully he will get better! Here is what has happened since last time:

* Route 3: Caught a Spearow (used it)
    * Mt. Moon: Caught a Zubat (deposited it for later)
    * Trained the living beaks out of Spearow in Mt. Moon
    * Route 4: Caught an Ekans (deposited it for later)
    * Defeated Gary, but he nearly killed my Lv17 Spearow - almost died a little
    * No new Pokemon in Cerulean City
    * Route 24: Caught an Oddish (definitely kept)
    * Used 2 Rare Candies to get my Oddish to Lv15
    * Trained Oddish a lot, and then a lot more
    * Rattata evolved into Raticate
    * Decimated Misty with my Lv20 Oddish
    * After the battle, Oddish evolved into Gloom

* CURRENT PARTY:
    Beedrill ..........Lv18
    Gloom ............Lv21
    Raticate .........Lv20
    Spearow ........Lv19
    Wartortle .......Lv21

* ALIVE BUT INACTIVE:
    Ekans .............Lv06
    Pidgey ............Lv04
    Zubat .............Lv08

*DECEASED:
    Still N/A! So far at least ...

Wish me luck as I go for the 3rd gym! I am loving the Nuzlocke Challenge so far!

Gold Nuzlocke

-I continued on to Route 32 and caught a Wooper.
    -I trained my team with the various trainers around.
    -I went through Union Cave and caught a Sandshrew.
    -I sweeped through with Bellsprout and Sandshrew(mostly Bellsprout).
    -I got to Route 33 and caught and boxed a Hoppip.
    -In Slowpoke Well, I caught another Zubat and Boxed him.
    -I defeated Team Rocket and challenged Bugsy's Gym.
    -I sweeped with Pidgey and he evolved before Bugsy, so Bugsy wasn't a challenge at all.

Spoiler:- MY TEAM:

Spoiler:- BOXED:

Was really bored, so decided to go a a nuzlocke of my favorite classic Pokemon game, which is Red. Here are my rules.
    -No legendaries, especially since their not worth the time anyways.
    -Only exception to "one pokemon per area" is if a pokemon is encountered before pokeballs are obtained, it is ran away from and ignored.
    -In-game trades count for one pokemon per area, although I proabably wont be doing any.
    -Pokemon must be nicknamed
    -Pokemon that faint are sticked into the last PC box and left untouched for the rest of the game

So I'll be starting tonight and I'll post about what happens! See ya in a bit.

Gold Nuzlocke Update!!!!!!

In my last update, I didn't list Wooper in my team as he was.
    So this will change that.

-I went to Ilex forest with a bunch of Repels so I can headbutt a Pokemon.
    -In Ilex Forest, I Headbutted out a Pineco.
    -I continued to Route 34, sweeped the Trainers, and caught Drowzee and boxed Wooper.
    -In Goldenrod, I went to the Game Corner and got a Dratini and boxed Sandslash.
    -I went up to Route 35, caught and boxed Nidoran♂, and grinded my Team alot before fighting Whitney.
    -I also went to National Park and caught and boxed Sunkern. I also went to Route 36 and caught and boxed Nidoran♀.
    -After I leveled up my team a lot, I beat the extremely hard Miltank with ease.
        Spoiler:- Team After Whitney:

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Just started the Nuzlocke Challenge on my Gold as well. I started with totodile and the first pokemon I saw with pokeballs was a Sentret. So now I have:
    Totadile - 11
    Sentret - 8

I'm still training them before I get to the first gym. I also think I'll stop them from evolving for a while so I can learn better moves faster.
    If you are a Jesus Freak; and you live for God, put this in you signature (started by Freak of Nature)
    White FC: 0389-8148-1329

Looking for new music? Check out my music blog! http://www.gnewmusic.blogspot.com

Stayed up too late one night and decided to start a Nuzlocke challenge on my Blue.

Rules~
    - pokemon dont count in a area until you have pokeballs.
    - all pokemon must be nicknamed
    - pokemon who faint cant be used
    - different floors of caves are different areas.

I currently have
    -Gem a Squirtle Lv11
    -Fang a Rattata Lv8
    -Jade a Nidoran F Lv8
    -Poppo a Pidgy Lv8
    -Silvie a Metapod Lv8

Alive but in a box
    -Claw a Rattata Lv3

Pokemon in dead box - 0
    Last edited by eontrainer9; 14th May 2012 at 5:03 AM.
    One small experience point, one giant evolution.

Just this week, I decided to start a Crystal Nuzlocke.

RULES

1) Anything that faints gets perma-boxed.

2) Must catch the first thing I find in a new area unless it is something I have already caught. Then I can continue to encounter for catch until I come across something new.

3) A cave is one whole area, regardless of levels or floors. A city/town is one whole area, regardless of different buildings.

4) No healing in-battle

5) No legendaries

6) No trading to evolve

7) Fishing/Surfing/Walking in grass/Receiving an egg or gift pokemon all count towards the same one catch per area

CATCHES:

-I decided to start with Cyndaquil, a male named Zane.
    -Encountered and caught a LV2 Rattata on route 46. Male, named Joey.
    -Encountered and caught a LV4 Zubat on route 31. Male, named Bruce
    -Encountered and caught a LV3 Gastly in Sprout Tower. Female, named Mary
    -Encountered and caught a LV4 Pidgey on route 36. Male, named Pete
    -Encountered and caught a LV7 Bellsprout on route 32. Female, named Martha

FALLEN FRIENDS:

-N/A

CURRENT PROGRESS:

Time: 1:51
    Team: LV16 Quilava; LV12 Zubat
    Badges: 1

NOTES:

I'm 0-2 on my only previous Nuzlocke runs: an embarrassing 4 hour loss on Sapphire in which May's Wailmer basically Roll'ed-Out my entire team, and an annoying 18+ hour loss on SoulSilver where I lost my team to the last of the 5 Kimono Girls after getting all 8 badges. I forgot I didn't get any kind of breather between the successive battles, and my "no healing in battle" rule killed me. I thought I'd dig out my Crystal and hope that the third time's the charm.

Started with Cyndaquil because I didn't want any real trouble from either Falkner or Sprout Tower, which may be short-sighted, but...we'll see. Traversed the opening routes to Mr. Pokemon's house without any Repels or Pokeballs, so I missed my chances at a Hoot-Hoot and a Spinarak on the way there. Oh well; there'll be other routes!

Deciding to keep Bruce on my team because Crobats are pretty awesome. I've boxed Joey, Mary, Pete, and Martha. I'm just about to enter Union Cave, and I'm starting to get nervous when I look at my team and see they are both 2x weak to Rock (not that I'm concerned about Union Cave...I'm thinking long-term about Whitney and her Miltank).
    Last edited by Sid87; 20th May 2012 at 1:40 PM. Reason: 24 hour update!

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Update (these won't usually be these frequent I hope, but I had time to play a bit more today and wanted to jot this down before I forgot)!

CATCHES:

-Encountered and caught a LV2 Rattata on route 46. Male, named Joey. (boxed)
    -Encountered and caught a LV3 Gastly in Sprout Tower. Female, named Mary (boxed)
    -Encountered and caught a LV4 Pidgey on route 36. Male, named Pete (boxed)
    -Encountered and caught a LV7 Bellsprout on route 32. Female, named Martha (boxed
    -Encountered and caught a LV6 Geodude in Union Cave. Male, named Dwayne (boxed)
    -Encountered and caught a LV7 Spearow on Route 33. Male, named Leonidas (boxed)
    -Encountered and caught a LV6 Slowpoke in Slowpoke Well. Female, named Kim

FALLEN FRIENDS:

-N/A

CURRENT PROGRESS:

Time: 2:48
    Team: LV21 Quilava; LV17 Zubat; LV6 Slowpoke
    Badges: 2

NOTES:
    I'm still worried about Whitney, and I doubt I'll get Kim leveled up enough to be relevant. I'm just going to have to grind Zane and Bruce enough to be able to take Miltank out. I might give Zane the Mud-Slap TM just so I can lower Miltank's accuracy and stop it from being a Roll-out machine.

I'm excited about the egg giveaway from the Daycare couple. I hope I get something good. I think after getting the egg, I'm going to walk a bunch to hatch it right away.

The Rival battle after Azalea was harder than I thought it'd be, but Zane and Bruce were able to team up to take out Croconaw. The battle with Bugsy was much easier. I only lost two HP the whole fight (when Scyther got in one Fury Cutter attack on Zane). Bruce made very short work on his two cocoons. I can't wait till he evolves.

I'm starting a Yellow Nuzlocke.

-----RULES-----
    1. If a Pokemon faints, it is Dead.
    2. One Pokemon per area, if you fail to bad.
    3. Places like Mt. Moon, all floors count as one area.

-Okay, I started with Pikachu(of course).
    -Got some Pokeballs, all 3 trips, I managed to avoid Wild Pokemon, I remembered you have to buy you're first Pokeballs.
    -Caught Pidgey on Route 1.
    -Caught Nidoran♂ on Route 22.
    -Caught Rattata on Route 2(BOXED).
    -Caught Caterpie in Viridian Forest(BOXED).
    -Beat Brock.
        Spoiler:- TEAM AT THIS POINT:
    -Caught Sandshrew on Route 3.
    -Caught Geodude in Mt. Moon(BOXED).
    -Caught Mankey on Route 4(BOXED).
    -Got Bulbasaur from Girl.
    -Caught Oddish on Route 24(BOXED).
    -Got Charmander from Guy.
    -Caught Bellsprout on Route 25(BOXED).
    -Beat Misty.
        Spoiler:- TEAM AT THIS POINT:

Update!

CATCHES:

-Encountered and caught a LV2 Rattata on route 46. Male, named Joey. (Daycare Center)
    -Encountered and caught a LV3 Gastly in Sprout Tower. Female, named Mary (boxed)
    -Encountered and caught a LV4 Pidgey on route 36. Male, named Pete (Daycare Center)
    -Encountered and caught a LV7 Bellsprout on route 32. Female, named Martha (boxed
    -Encountered and caught a LV6 Slowpoke in Slowpoke Well. Female, named Kim
    -Encountered and caught a LV5 Caterpie in Ilex Forest. Female, named Bree
    -Hatched an Odd Egg from the Daycare Couple on Route 34: Shiny Igglybuff, female, named Shiny
    -Encountered and caught a LV12 Drowzee on Route 35. Female, named Jean. (boxed)

FALLEN FRIENDS:

-N/A

CURRENT PROGRESS:

Time: ~5:00
    Team: LV25 Quilava; LV21 Zubat; LV6 Slowpoke; LV5 Caterpie; LV5 Igglybuff
    Badges: 2

NOTES:
    I'm *STILL* still worried about Whitney, but Bruce is only 1 level away from evolving (perhaps doublevolving into Crobat if he likes me enough), and Zane is a sturdy level 25. I skipped right through Goldenrod (without acquiring anything in town from the GameCorner or through a trade or from the guy who wants to give me a Spearow so I can come back and get Eevee later) so that I could hit route 34 and fight all the trainers to get Bruce and Zane physically ready. I'm going to grind until Bruce evolves, and then I'll take it to Whitney. Still...my idea of going in, Confuse Ray, switch to Zane, Mudslap Miltank's accuracy down might not be ideal if I am not healing in battle; Miltank might do too much damage by the time it's properly set-up (especially if Confuse Ray doesn't make it hurt itself a few times). Maybe I'll just go in and try to outmuscle her and see how that goes.

After that...today is Wednesday, so I'll head into the National Park tomorrow and shoot for a Scyther or Pinsir or something else hopefully good. As worried as I am about Whitney, I feel like I should destroy Morty, so I have no concern there. As long as Bruce is Crobat by then, I should have that locked.

Also, I'm happy to have caught a Caterpie since I love Butterfree, but I forget there is no CompoundEyes in Gen 2, so I probably won't use it. Poor Bree.

Oh! Can't believe I forgot this: My Odd Egg from the Day Care couple was a shiny (yay!) Igglybuff (boo!). Half good, half bad. I'll take it.
    Last edited by Sid87; 24th May 2012 at 1:37 AM.

With my very first Nuzlocke (LeafGreen) finished, I jump into Crystal.
    My rules are the same:
    1) Can only catch the first Pokemon on each route, town, bla bla bla
    2) If any of my Pokemon faint, they are considered died, and need to be boxed forever
    3) NickName everyone! =D Not so hard, considering I always nickname my pokemon anyways
    4+) No rare candies
    5+) Have to kill leagendaries...this also counts with Suicune, even though it's a first incounter.
    (And, a side note, I am considering the Game Corner and Bill's Eevee the same place. Just saying.
    Also, the egg you get at the daycare, will be a Pokemon from the daycare itself, and not Route 34.)

So, I start my journey with Uono the Chikorita. Uono means Ember in Italian. I chose this name, because I always call my Chikorita somthing that has to do with fire. Ya, it's weird, I know.
    So I do all my stuff, and after getting my Pokeballs, the rules start.
    -Route 29: I catch Hedwig the female Hoothoot, level 2. Hedwig is the owl from Harry Potter. I start to level her up.
    -Route 46: I kill the Rattata...opps.
    -Route 30: and I catch Langston the male Poliwag, level 4. Langston is the Lickatoad in Viva Pinata. I will start to level him up, too, tomarrow.
    With a good start, I go to sleep.

Team:
    Uomo lv9 Male
    Hedwig lv6 Female
    Langston lv4 Male
    Last edited by ShinyMisty; 27th May 2012 at 6:35 AM.

Congrats on the shiny! =D
    I am really hoping for the Shiny as well, I don't care of what.

And good luck with Whitney (If you haven't battled her yet, that it). I am very worried about her myself. Ah well, I just started, so I have nothing to worry about yet.

Thanks, ShinyMisty, but I have a terribly unpleasant update here:

CATCHES:

-I decided to start with Cyndaquil, a male named Zane. (deceased)
    -Encountered and caught a LV2 Rattata on route 46. Male, named Joey. (Daycare Center)
    -Encountered and caught a LV4 Zubat on route 31. Male, named Bruce (deceased)
    -Encountered and caught a LV4 Pidgey on route 36. Male, named Pete (deceased)
    -Encountered and caught a LV7 Bellsprout on route 32. Female, named Martha (deceased)
    -Encountered and caught a LV6 Slowpoke in Slowpoke Well. Female, named Kim (Daycare Center)
    -Encountered and caught a LV5 Caterpie in Ilex Forest. Female, named Bree (boxed)
    -Hatched an Odd Egg from the Daycare Couple on Route 34: Shiny Igglybuff, female, named Shinyuff
    -Encountered and caught a LV12 Drowzee on Route 35. Female, named Jean. (boxed)
    -Encountered and caught a LV14 Koffing in the Burnt Tower. Female, named Wendy (deceased)
    -Given a LV20 Eevee by Bill in Goldenrod City. Male, named Omnimon.

FALLEN FRIENDS:

-Zane, the Cynaquil (lvs 5-26; killed by Whitney)
    -Pete the Pidgeotto (lvs 4-22; killed by Silver in Burnt Tower)
    -Bruce the Golbat (lvs 4-24; killed by Silver in Burnt Tower)
    -Martha the Bellsprout (lvs 7-8; killed by Silver in Burnt Tower)
    -Wendy the Koffing (lv14; killed by Silver in Burnt Tower)

CURRENT PROGRESS:

Time: ~5:30
    Team: Omnimon (Eevee, level 21); Shinyuff (Igglybuff, level 5)
    Badges: 3

NOTES:
    That's a HUGE update to my deceased list, right? Well I ended up grinding Bruce and Zane enough for Whitney (I got Bruce up to level 23, and he, SOMEHOW, was not happy enough to become a Crobat. I don't understand how he wasn't, but que sera sera). Zane made absolute short work of Clefairy, but I call B.S. shenanigans on the battle with Miltank. I started with Bruce and used Confuse Ray to open the fight. Miltank's first turn was confused, but hit a Roll-out anyway. I immediately switched out to Zane to start using Mud-Slap, but on the "free turn" Miltank got during the switch, it got ride of confusion. That's right, it got rid of confusion the very next turn after I confused it, and it didn't even hurt itself once. It roll'ed out again on the free turn, taking Zane down to just over half-health. I had time to get in one Mud-Slap before its next Rollout shuffled off Zane's mortal coil.

Somehow, Bruce was able to re-enter the fray and win the battle. Confuse Ray was more effective the second time around, and we won our third badge. After burying Zane, we headed to the Daycare Center and withdrew Pidgey, who'd made it to level 21, so I thought it would be fine to take Zane's spot. Some brief grinding got it to evolve to Pidgeotta, and we headed to Ecruteak City.

At Ecruteak, we met Bill who would subsequently give us Omnimon! Thanks, Bill. Glad I didn't encounter anything else in Goldenrod City.

The Burnt Tower....sigh. Despite losing Zane, I still felt all right. Until the Burnt Tower. We had another rival battle, and Pete annihilated his opening Haunter. But then came the Magnemite Of Doom. I sent out Bruce to work the Confuse Ray, since trickery was my only chance against such a dire type disadvantage. Confuse Ray had the exact same results against Magnemite as they had initially against Miltank. After 2 or 3 Thundershocks, Bruce was down for good. Somehow, though, Pete entered the fray and was able to subdue Magnemite after a hard fought battle. By the time Magnemite was down, Pete had 10 hit points and was paralyzed. Miraculously, Pete then made incredibly short work out of Silver's Zubat, however, taking only one Bite attack sandwiched by two Pete Quick Attacks.

Level 22 Croconaw, though. One Water Gun ended Pete's run (Pete did get in a Quick Attack first). After that, I foolishly sent out the Koffing I had just caught, but never healed after weakening (I didn't think I'd need to). Croconaw finished it with no effort. Next came Martha the Bellsprout, and she went down equally fast. All I had left with me with Shinyuff and Onmimon. I decided to go with Omnimon. I thought I was just slowly marching my pokemon one-by-one to their deaths, but Omhimon started the fight with the best Sand-Attack effort (seriously...after one Sand-Attack, Croconaw missed more than half the moves it tried the rest of the battle) and then just chipped away on Croconaw with Tackles. That victory was where I last saved the game.

Oh my, I am so sorry Sid87! I know how you feel, though. Lost my Charazard in my LeafGreen Nuzlocke. *hugs* It's a good thin Omnimon had that Sand Attack. May they all rest in peace.
    I would recrement Shinyuff, because Wigglytuff can learn 35 of the 50 TMs, like elemental punches (Like Furret, my favorite pokemon that is not Eevee), Psychic, and even and even rollout. However, I would understand why you wouldn't want to, considering she's shiny.
    Also, Mary would be VERY good to use, even if you can't trade her, and Kim would be good, too, considering she'll be both Water and Psychic (and be very bulky). And Omnimon has 5 types to chose from. Electric, Fire, Water, Psychic, and Dark. Each are good (Though I would be effy with Flareon, though I love that Pokemon so much! <3)
    I hope I helped. *hugs again*

Now, onto my Journey.
        Spoiler:- Day 2:

Spoiler:- Day 2:

P.S.
    R.I.P. Zane Lv5-26. (Or was he a Quilava)

.:~Day 4~:.
    I will up date this fully tomarrow, do to me playing at night tonight.
    I will not be able to say much because of this, but ha.
    -I got Nova the male Eevee. Hoping to evolve him into an Espeon!
    -I catch Doku the female Koffing in Burn Tower(Level 14)
    -Happily *and frustratingly* catches Bambi the female Stantler (I know, bambi is a guy) on route...under the town with the komono girls. (Level 14)
    -Catch Penny the female Meoth (Level 16) on the OTHER side of that town...
    ya. Will update tomarrow!
    ~mist
    Last edited by ShinyMisty; 31st May 2012 at 3:16 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast