I awake to my room. It's the big day. I saved up what little allowance I got the past month and bought a potion yesterday. Hopefully this will aid me in my journey.
My name is Blue, and this is my Nuzlocke run through Pokemon Blue version as emulated on my phone.
- I must name each of my traveling companions. Even the ones in the box will be part of my group of friends. Arceus knows I'll need all the support from all the friends i can make for this challenge.
- I may only befriend the first pokemon in each route or city. The only exception is if I happen upon a duplicate. In which case I must faint this pokemon, sending my regrets for not choosing it for this challenge, and take the next pokemon to appear. The other exception, yes that last one wasn't the only, is that no pokemon count before I get my first pokeball. I cannot even train off of them. Also different floors of caves are the same area, unless it specifically has a different name.
- This is the hardest rule. If my pokemon, my friend, faints I must immediately put it in a box, separated from my other pokemon. I must pay it my last respects before I do this.
- I will not catch any legendary pokemon. I do however have to visit all 3 birds. Mewtwo also deserves a visit. I must defeat Mewtwo, to show it the bond between me and my pokemon.
- This is an odd rule. I may remove this in the future if it turns out to be too difficult. After the first gym I may not use the pokemon center. Potions and specific condition heals only. I'm going to train my first aid skill.
Pre-Gym: The start of something great
So, I begin. I grab my potion and I walk downstairs. The TV is playing some old movie about 4 boys walking down a railroad. How ironic, a perfect image before I leave home to go out into the world. I say goodbye to my mom, give her a hug. She informs me that Prof. Oak is waiting on me to start my journey.
I make my way to the lab. Odd, Red is there too. He is also waiting on his gramps, Prof. Oak. Perhaps he is out and I can catch him as he comes back into town. I make my way to the north exit of town, almost to the grass. Suddenly behind me I hear the Prof. call out my name. Odd, I wonder where he was hiding. Anyway, I follow him to his lab.
Here at his lab, Oak tells us that the 3 pokeballs on his desk are his last 3. He plans on giving both me and Red one to start our journey. I didn't even know he wanted to go out, but I suppose I would too in his situation. I feel bad, he acts like a jerk but I can't help to think it might be partially because his grandpa can never remember his name. I had to even remind Oak what his own grandson's name was. Enough about that, I hope Red learns from this journey.
This is the first decision in my journey, my first step. Which one do i choose? All 3 look friendly enough. I choose , who I have named Sheldon. As I try to leave, eager to get on my journey, Red stops me. He sounds eager too. It feels right to hold the pokeball, as I send Sheldon into battle. Of course Red would choose . Interesting.
It was a close battle. Sheldon came out of it with only 2HP left. He did level up though to lvl 6. Thanks Red. During the battle it didn't appear that he was very fond of his pokemon... I can't let that get me down now. I rush off to my house to say goodbye, take a good nap, and head off.
Sheldon Lvl 6
Sorry for the long post. If anyone has suggestions on how to make this story more interesting, just tell me. I kind of wanna post every gym, but I'll see.
Thanks for reading.
Head over to the Challenge forum to the 1st/2nd gen Nuzlocke thread to see my progress!
My friend code: 4441 9443 0646
In my safari: Sliggoo, Fraxur, and Noibat
Looking for: Ditto