Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1st/2nd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

So I visited the Poke Mart and picked up Oak's Parcel. I then headed back to Pallet Town to deliver it and then I was able to make my way north again to start my journey with my own Poke Balls. I healed Randy after it battled against some wild Pokemon at Route 1. I spent some time training Randy against other wild Pokemon at Route 1 some more, then I headed back north to Viridian City and I made my way towards the Viridian Forest. I captured a wild Pidgey at Route 2 and named it Chips and then I entered the forest's interior. I battled against some wild Bug-type Pokemon and then I battled against a Bugcatcher-class trainer. It was a tough battle, but I made it out of it with all my Pokemon still whole and healthy.

- Randy Lv. 9
    - Chips Lv. 6

So for the 20th anniversary I started getting into the whole Nuzlocke stuff, and I started playing a Red Nuzlocke. Basic rules + dupes. While it has been easy until the second gym, which I destroyed, the SS Anne had a rival with a Gyarados waiting for me. The first two loses of the game happened against it, due to me not following guides and not being prepared with a good electric type. Cu Sith the Nidoking and Horus the Pidgeotto perished against that Gyarados.

Looking for new Pokémon to exchange for my team, I took a good Growlithe that I had on my PC...before realizing that Arcanine doesn't learn new moves after evolving on Gen 1. Imagine my surprise. I ended up with Sparky the Jolteon and Bruce Lee the Hitmonlee, and hopefully I'll manage form now on. The third gym won't be much of a problem with the Golem I have

The world after the firing of the Ultimate Weapon. Consequences will follow

Latest chapter: 2-B. Traveling (15-08-2016)

Nearing the end of my first Nuzlocke on Pokemon Yellow. Normal rules; I also outlawed duplicates and Pokemon given by NPCs with the exception of my starter. Caves and buildings are all 1 area, in-game trades can only be made if the Pokemon being sent was legitimately caught. If the whole team faints it's game over. Legendary Pokemon must be encountered and, unless they're the first encountered in the area, must be killed. Pikachu made it to Vermillion and unfortunately shuffled off this mortal coil against Lt. Surge. I also lost a Mankey and a Clefairy at Mt. Moon, a Staryu outside Fuschia, a Gloom outside Vermillion, and a Magnemite in Rock Tunnel. The Lv 58 team that's about to tackle the Elite Four is:

Pidgeot (Jitto) - caught on Route 2 at level 2. Fly, Double-Edge, Mimic, Agility
    Nidoking (Nino) - caught on Route 22 at level 4. Thrash, Earthquake, Thunder, Toxic.
    Gyarados (Cthulhu) - caught in Vermillion City at level 5. Surf, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Hydro Pump.
    Haunter (Casper) - caught in the Pokemon Tower at level 17. Psychic, Mega Drain, Confuse Ray, Hypnosis.
    Snorlax (Buddha) - caught outside Celadon at level 30. Body Slam, Ice Beam, Rest, Amnesia.
    Poliwrath (Lil' Bo) - caught outside Fuschia at level 15. Surf, Submission, Amnesia, Body Slam.
    Last edited by pianoman616; 2nd August 2016 at 1:18 AM.

Gen I has been on my mind a lot lately, largely thanks to PoGo, so I decided to start a Nuzlocke on the VC release of Red…and I just earned my first Badge. Huzzah!

I wanted to save my trusted starter Lush Life (Bulbasaur) as a secret weapon for my match against rock-solid Pewter City Gym Leader Brock, so I decided to let Vermin (Rattata) test out its newly-learned "Hyper Fang" first. Although the ineffective move managed to inflict a decent amount of damage on Brock’s Geodude after two "Tail Whip"s, Geodude’s "Tackle" hit hard enough that I was forced to make a substitution.

Lush Life’s overwhelming advantage as a part-Grass-type made the rest of the match a walk in the park. Brock’s Geodude fell to a single "Vine Whip" strike, and his ace, Onix, succumbed to a combination of "Leech Seed" and "Vine Whip" before it had a chance to unleash the energy stored by "Bide." With my shiny new Boulder Badge in hand, I’m off to traverse Mt. Moon, en route to Cerulean City: site of my second Gym challenge.

Spoiler:- Current Roster:

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Spoiler:- Deceased:

Spoiler:- My Rules:
    Last edited by crystalphoenix88; 8th July 2017 at 1:32 AM.

I just earned my second Gym Badge in my Red Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

Prior to my Cerulean City Gym challenge, I decided to visit world-renowned PokéManiac Bill, and had the unfortunate luck of running into Blue as I made my way up Route 24 to Bill's seaside cottage. Even though my new pal Chanteuse (Jigglypuff) thoroughly whupped most of Blue's team with "Mega Punch" (which I taught it using a TM I found in Mt. Moon), he remained as cocky and condescending as ever, so I'm hoping we don't bump into each other again anytime soon. **Fingers crossed**

For my Cerulean Gym match, I lead off with Pierce (Beedrill), since I knew that its newly-aquired "Twineedle" would be super-effective against Gym Leader Misty's part-Psychic-type ace: Starmie. Even though it's a pure-Water Pokémon, Misty's first choice, Staryu, fell to two “Twineedle” jabs. In fact, Pierce emerged from this scuffle without sustaining any damage at all, since Misty wasted her only turn trying to buff-up Staryu with an X Defend.

Misty's Starmie proved to be faster than I expected, however, and depleted more than half of Pierce's health with a single "Bubblebeam" blast. After Starmie withstood Pierce's retaliatory "Twineedle", it was clear that Pierce wouldn't survive another "Bubblebeam", so I brought out Lush Life (Bulbasaur) while Misty utilized another X Defend. Starmie continued to display its impressive bulk by withstanding a "Vine Whip" strike as it launched into a series of spinning "Tackle" attacks. I instructed Lush Life to fire off "Leech Seed" to help restore its health in case this battle dragged on, but it managed to quickly drain the remainder of Starmie's energy. Now I'm off to Vermilion City to make use of that S.S. Anne ticket I received from Bill and hopefully earn myself another Badge.

Mars (Nidoran-M) is still alive and well, but because I've travelled with another Nidoran-M during a previous Gen I Nuzlocke journey, I decided to leave it with Professor Oak for now.

Last edited by crystalphoenix88; 8th July 2017 at 1:31 AM.

I just earned my third Gym Badge in my Red Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

Although exploring the S.S. Anne was a fascinating experience for the most part, during which both Lush Life (Ivysaur) and Vermin (Raticate) evolved, I unexpectedly crossed paths with Blue once again while aboard the luxury liner. Vermin chewed through his entire team thanks to the enhanced speed and power it gained from evolving; however, Blue's sense of superiority didn't dissipate in the slightest, even after another resounding defeat. Maybe someday he'll actually learn something from these losses…

After solving Vermilion City Gym Leader Lt. Surge's aggravating security puzzle, I started our match with Hissy Fit (Ekans) to test out its recently-learned "Glare." Pairing it with "Wrap" made for a very effective combination, defusing Surge's Voltorb before it could damage Hissy Fit at all. "Glare" successfully paralyzed his Pikachu as well, but the little Electric rodent fought through the status condition and zapped Hissy Fit with a "Thundershock" jolt whenever it freed itself from "Wrap."

Hissy Fit ultimately won this second match-up, but after seeing how much damage it took from Pikachu's "Thundershock", I knew it wouldn't survive a "Thunderbolt" from Surge's ace: Raichu. This felt like the perfect time to unleash my newly-caught secret weapon: Whack (Diglett.) Shockingly, Surge only taught his Raichu Electric-type and status moves, so it was unable to harm Ground-type Whack whatsoever. With a super-effective "Dig" and a couple of "Scratch" attacks (for variety’s sake), Whack easily eliminated Surge's star solider.

Tempest (Pidgey) is still alive and well – I just had to choose someone to send to Professor Oak to make room on my team for Whack. Now that I've emerged victorious over Surge's Electric-type army, I plan to have Tempest re-join my travelling team as I venture onward toward Lavender Town, where I can supposedly acquire a Poké Flute to awaken the slumbering Snorlax on Route 12.

Last edited by crystalphoenix88; 8th July 2017 at 1:29 AM.

I just earned my fourth Gym Badge in my Red Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

In a tragic (albeit somewhat fitting) turn of fate, I lost my first teammate of this Nuzlocke journey in Lavender Town's Pokémon Tower…at the hands of none other than Blue. Someone at the Volunteer Pokémon House told me that I might find Poké Flute-owner Mr. Fuji at this renowned burial site, but I only managed to stumble across my insufferable rival instead. Our match started out as smoothly as usual, thanks to Scavenger (Spearow) easily clipping his Pidgeotto's wings with "Fury Attack" and cracking his Exeggcute with "Peck." That's when Blue decided to unveil another new addition to his team: Gyarados. Although I was definitely intimidated by the imposing foe, I figured that a low-level Gyarados like his would probably only know "Bite" or possibly "Thrash", so I recalled Scavenger and sent out Rugged (Geodude) to withstand these Normal-type moves. My assumption proved to be a fatal error, however, as Blue immediately commanded his Gyarados to unleash "Hydro Pump" and instantly sent Rugged to a watery grave. Vermin (Raticate) successfully subdued the sea serpent, as well as Blue's last two Pokémon, with a "Hyper Fang" + "Quick Attack" combo...but I was far too devastated to reap any satisfaction from this victory. Rugged hadn't been travelling with me for very long, but it was an indispensable resource during my trek through Rock Tunnel (especially when it came to sponging "Selfdestruct" blasts from random Trainers' Geodude and Graveler.) RIP.

Unable to progress any further up Pokémon Tower due to some unidentifiable obstruction, I decided to challenge the Gym in nearby Celadon City. I started my match against nature-loving princess Erika by having Scavenger (Spearow) raise its evasion with "Double Team", which I'd taught it using a TM from the Celadon Department Store. Despite Scavenger's enhanced ability to dodge, Erika's Victreebel managed to ensnare and immobilize it with a critical-hit "Wrap." As soon as it was free from Victreebel's viney grip, Scavenger pummeled the pitcher plant with successive "Drill Peck" stabs. Erika's second choice, Tangela, also utilized its vines to ensnare Scavenger with "Bind"; however, also like Victreebel, Tangela fell to two "Drill Peck" jabs. Since Scavenger was barely hanging on when Erika's ace, Vileplume, made its grand entrance, I decided to bring in Pierce (Beedrill) to take advantage of Vileplume's massive Bug-type weakness. After raising Pierce's evasion with "Double Team", which caused Vileplume’s "Absorb" to miss its mark, it only took one round of "Twineedle" prods to secure my fourth Gym victory. To make this triumph even sweeter, the experience that Scavenger gained from defeating two of Erika's Pokémon enabled it to evolve immediately after the match. Now I'm off to enjoy a little recreation time at those dangerously addictive Rocket Game Corner slots…

Vermin (Ratciate) and Tempest (Pidgey) are both still alive and well - I've just decided to keep them with Professor Oak in order to travel with Pokémon species that I’ve never used during any Nuzlocke journey before; specifically, Scavenger (Fearow) and Pyro (Flareon.)

Last edited by crystalphoenix88; 8th July 2017 at 1:28 AM.

I just earned my fifth Gym Badge in my Red Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

I haven't seen Blue since our lethal encounter at Pokémon Tower, but I've found myself entangled with a different nuisance lately: Team Rocket. I accidentally stumbled across their Celadon City Hideout beneath the Rocket Game Corner and came face-to-face with the top Team Rocket Boss: Giovanni. Fortunately, the combined efforts of Hissy Fit (Arbok), Lush Life (Ivysaur), and Scavenger (Fearow) were enough to subdue his Pokémon roster. Since I found a Silph Scope at the Hideout, I returned to Lavender Town to seek out Mr. Fuji once again, and ran into even more Team Rocket Grunts causing trouble at Pokémon Tower. As a token of gratitude for everything that I endured to locate him, Mr. Fuji gave me his Poké Flute, which allowed me to finally awaken the Snorlax on Route 12 and continue further south to Fuchsia City.

Fuchsia City Gym Leader Koga often boasts of his prowess with inflicting status conditions during battle, but it was actually I who managed to paralyze his Koffing with Chanteuse's (Wigglytuff's) "Body Slam" during the very first round of our match. In fact, "Body Slam" successfully vanquished both of Koga's Koffing, as well as his Muk. When his Weezing appeared on the field, I had Chanteuse inflict a different status condition: sleep, courtesy of "Sing." Since Weezing was slumbering, I decided to let my newest companion, Freestyle (Poliwag), get its first taste of a Gym battle; however, Weezing sprung awake on the very next turn. I didn't think Freestyle was quite ready for head-to-head combat against a Gym Leader's ace, so I swapped in Pierce (Beedrill), who could do serious damage to Koga's Poison-type with either "Twineedle" or "Pin Missile. " Much to my surprise (and horror), Koga instructed Weezing to use "Selfdestruct", thus ensuring that our match ended with at least one fatality on my side. Pierce had joined my team as a Weedle way back in Viridian Forest...before I even had a single Gym Badge...and its final sacrifice allowed me to earn my fifth. RIP.

Hissy Fit (Arbok) is still alive and well – I just decided to keep it with Oak to reduce my travelling team's Poison-heavy bias and free up space for newcomer Freestyle. Granted, now that a slot has opened due to Pierce's tragic demise, I'll probably bring Hissy Fit right back again.

Last edited by crystalphoenix88; 8th July 2017 at 1:26 AM.

I just earned my sixth Gym Badge in my Red Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

My entanglement with Team Rocket has only worsened lately, since I discovered a hostage situation in progress while touring Silph Co. in Saffron City. In the midst of this very tense encounter, I came across Blue, who actually insisted on battling right then and there. Although his timing left me flabbergasted, I knew that I couldn't refuse his challenge, partially for the sake of Rugged's (Geodude's) honor. I claimed a fatality-free victory this time around, but it required the combined efforts of Pyro (Flareon), Freestyle (Poliwhirl), Lush Life (Ivysaur) and Tripolar (Magneton.) After defeating Blue, I confronted Team Rocket Boss Giovanni once again; thankfully, unlike my difficult match against Blue, Freestyle easily swept away Giovanni's entire roster with "Amnesia"-boosted "Surf" attacks. Embarrassed and enraged by this resounding loss, Giovanni ordered Team Rocket to pull out of Saffron City entirely.

While you might think that handling a hostage situation would put things into perspective for me, I still felt really nervous before my Saffron Gym match against fearsome Pychic-type master Sabrina. I lead off by having Pyro, who I knew could withstand special moves, raise its evasiveness with "Double Team"; however, her Kadabra's "Psychic" still hits its mark – and landed a critical hit, no less. Thankfully, Pyro subdued the spoon-bender with a single "Swift." The next two match-ups also went pretty smoothly, as Pyro vanquished Mr. Mime with a "Swift" + "Quick Attack" combo, then scorched Venomoth with a critical-hit "Fire Spin." The potential power of Sabrina's ace, Alakazam, prompted me to replace Pyro with another teammate who's also built for withstanding special assaults: Tripolar. While Alakazam boosted its defense with "Reflect", Tripolar fired off a "Thunder Wave", thus significantly reducing Alakazam's notoriously high speed. Alakazam's abiliy to heal itself with "Recover" caused this final bout to drag on for some time, but Tripolar eventually wore down the Psi Pokémon with a barrage of "Thunderbolt" and "Sonic Boom" blasts, combined with Alakazam's self-inflicted damage due to "Supersonic"-induced confusion. Now, with my Marsh Badge in hand, I plan on checking out the disgraced former Gym next door that Sabrina's apprentices kept mocking…

Hissy Fit (Arbok) is still alive and well – like I was saying before, I've just decided to keep it with Oak to reduce my travelling team's Poison-type total and make room for Tripolar, since I've always wanted to add an Electric-type to my line-up.

Spoiler:- Oaked:

Last edited by crystalphoenix88; 8th July 2017 at 1:25 AM.

I just earned my seventh Gym Badge in my Red Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

Life has gone pretty smoothly ever since my altercation with Team Rocket in Saffron City. I actually haven't run into a single member during my exploration of the Seafoam Islands and Cinnabar Island along Kanto's sunny southern border.

Even my Cinnabar Island Gym match proved to be a fairly simple affair, thanks to Obtuse (Slowpoke) performing quite admirably in its official Gym debut. Hotheaded quiz master Blaine sent out his Growlithe first, who barely dented Obtuse with "Take Down", before getting snuffed out by an "Amnesia"-boosted "Surf." Blaine's Ponyta suffered the exact same fate after striking Obtuse with a single "Stomp." With two of his Pokémon already down the drain, Blaine tried to take a more tactical approach by instructing his Rapidash to lower Obtuse’s defenses with "Tail Whip"; of course, this just meant that it never even got a chance to attack before Obtuse washed it away with "Surf." I decided to play it safe when Blaine unleashed his ace, Arcanine, and recalled Obtuse in favor of the more agile Freestyle (Poliwhirl.) Although Arcanine out-performed the rest of Blaine's roster by successfully withstanding one "Surf", it wasn't long before I had the Volcano Badge in hand. Due to its hot streak during this Gym challenge, Obtuse gained enough experience to learn "Psychic" and evolve immediately after the match (no Shellder required!) Now it's time to head back north and see if the Viridian Gym Leader has finally returned to his/her post…

Chanteuse (Wigglytuff) is still alive and well – I've just wanted to add a Psychic-type to my team for a while now, and finding Obtuse in the Seafoam Islands gave me that opportunity.

Last edited by crystalphoenix88; 8th July 2017 at 1:24 AM.

I just earned my eighth and final Gym Badge in my Red Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

My journey through Kanto came full-circle, as I sailed along Route 21 from Cinnabar Island back to my hometown of Pallet, then onward to Viridian City. Fortunately, upon my arrival, Viridian City was abuzz with the news of someone having finally re-claimed the post of Gym Leader. Not wanting to miss this highly-coveted opportunity, I rushed to the Gym and battled my way through the many apprentices. Much to my shock and horror, the person waiting for me when I'd defeated the last of them was none other than Team Rocket Boss Giovanni. All along, the Viridian City Gym had been one of the legitimate faces of their evil operation. Learning this only made me all the more determined to beat him at his full power.

It seemed only fitting to start off my final Gym challenge with my trusted starter Lush Life (Venusaur), who'd reached its final evolutionary stage while I fought my way through Giovanni's Gym underlings. A single "Razor Leaf" reduced his first choice, Rhyhorn, to a pile of pebbles. I was concerned that his next choice, Dugtrio, might be wielding the deadly one-hit-KO move "Fissure", so I decided to bring out Ground-immune Scavenger (Fearow.) After raising its evasiveness with "Double Team", Scavenger mauled the mole Pokémon with "Drill Peck." Scavenger also successfully stabbed its way through Giovanni's next two choices, Nidoqueen and Nidoking, but when his ace, Rhydon, emerged, I knew that it was time for me to make another substitution. Since I started this match with the recently-evolved Lush Life, I chose to finish it with another recently-evolved companion: Freestyle (Poliwrath.) Although Rhydon attempted to lower Freestyle's defenses with "Tail Whip", it never got a chance to launch an actual attack before Freestyle swept it away with a single "Surf." Feeling humiliated like never before, Giovanni refused to face his minions after awarding me the Earth Badge; instead, he chose to permanently disband Team Rocket and retreat into solitary training.

With eight Gym Badges in my collection, and Team Rocket no longer a concern, it's time to head toward Victory Road and the Pokémon League Elite Four challenge: the ultimate test of my worth as a Pokémon Trainer.

Last edited by crystalphoenix88; 8th July 2017 at 1:23 AM.

I just defeated Blue and successfully completed my Red Nuzlocke! Huzzah!

VS LORELEI:
    My first Elite Four match proved to be as smooth as ice. Tripolar (Magneton) shocked Ice-type Master Lorelei's Dewgong and Cloyster into submission with a single "Thunderbolt" strike each. For her part-Psychic-type Slowbro and Jynx, I decided to recycle a strategy that I'd used at the Saffron Gym by combining "Thunder Wave" with "Supersonic" to minimize my opponents' chances of firing any attacks, then wore them down with a "Thunderbolt" and "Swift" barrage. Since Tripolar sustained some damage from Jynx's "Ice Punch", I feared that a "Blizzard" from Lorelei's Lapras could prove fatal, so I brought out Freestyle (Poliwrath) to finish things off. After boosting its special abilities with "Amnesia", just in case Lapras wielded something like "Psychic" or "Thunderbolt", Freestyle trounced the transport Pokémon with a single super-effective "Submission."

VS BRUNO:
    I started my second Elite Four challenge with Scavenger (Fearow), since I certainly didn't expect Fighting-type Master Bruno to lead off with a Rock-and-Ground-type Onix. I made the risky call of keeping Scavenger on the field, since Onix typically don't have impressive offensive power, and raised its evasiveness with "Double Team." Bruno continued to surprise me by buffing Onix with X Defend and "Harden" instead of launching any attacks, so Scavenger slowly but surely wore down the giant rock snake with critical-hit "Drill Peck" jabs. Feeling over-confident that Scavenger could easily defeat Bruno's next choice, Hitmonchan, I instructed it to use "Fury Attack" first, for variety's sake. My heart stopped for a second when Hitmonchan fired back with "Counter", but the actual damage to Scavenger was less than I had feared. Not wanting to play around any longer, I commanded Scavenger to finish off Hitmonchan with "Drill Peck", then quickly did the same to Bruno's Hitmonlee. When Bruno brought out his second Onix, I swapped in the obvious choice of Lush Life (Venusaur) and snatched a quick victory with "Razor Leaf." I also took a more cautious approach with Bruno's ace, Machamp, by incapacitating it with "Sleep Power", then eliminating it with a "Razor Leaf" and "Body Slam" combo.

VS AGATHA:
    My bout with the aged Agatha, Ghost-type Master, turned out to be my easiest yet. Although her first Gengar successfully put Obtuse (Slowbro) to sleep on its very first turn, Obtuse (uncharacteristically) sprung back awake in an instant. With her plan to utilize "Dream Eater" foiled, Agatha recalled Gengar in favor of Golbat, while I boosted Obtuse's special skills with "Amnesia." After Golbat fell to a single "Psychic" blast, Agatha brought back her first Gengar, who inflicted a decent amount of pain with "Night Shade" before Obtuse sent it back to the grave with "Psychic." Her Haunter tried to put Obtuse to sleep with "Hypnosis" and her Arbok tried to paralyze it with "Glare", but both of them missed their mark and were quickly eliminated with "Psychic" as well. It wasn't until Agatha unleashed her final choice, another Gengar, that she finally managed to inflict Obtuse with another status condition: bad poison, courtesy of "Toxic." Regardless, it was still too little too late, and Obtuse successfully cleansed the field of Agatha's final ghost with one last "Psychic."

VS LANCE:
    I expected my final Elite Four challenge, against Dragon-Master Lance, to be exceptionally nerve-racking, but it was ultimately a fairly stress-free experience. Tripolar (Magneton) electrocuted Lance's first choice, Gyarados, with a single "Thunderbolt." Since that move would've been ineffective against Lance's next pick, a Dragonair, I instead had Tripolar immobilize it with "Thunder Wave" and "Supersonic." While Dragonair damaged itself, I brought out Freestyle (Poliwrath), boosted its special abilities with "Amensia", then unleashed a super-effective "Blizzard" (which I'd taught it specifically for this occasion.) Lance's other Dragonair couldn't withstand "Blizzard" either, and his Aerodactly was no match for "Surf." Lance saved his strongest ally, Dragonite, for last. Fearing that Freestyle wouldn't survive a "Hyper Beam", I brought out the bulkier Obtuse (Slowbro.) As expected, Obtuse endured the powerful blast, and while Dragonite was forced to re-charge, Obtuse ended the match with a single "Ice Beam."

After defeating Lance, he informed me that I actually needed to beat one more Trainer in order to claim the title of Pokémon League Champion: their recently-crowned Champion, Blue. It felt as though time stopped when Lance uttered that name. In a way, it was rather fitting that Blue would be my final obstacle to achieving Pokémon League glory; an obstacle that I vowed to overcome.

VS CHAMPION BLUE:
    Blue actually seemed pleased to see me enter his throne room, relishing the chance to prove his superiority over me with the highest of stakes: the title of Pokémon League Champion. I decided to lead with my heart instead of head and sent out my cherished starter Lush Life (Venusaur) first, while Blue countered tactically by calling upon his Pidgeot. My faith in Lush Life convinced me to keep it on the field, and my faith was rewarded when Lush Life successfully put Pidgeot to sleep on the very first turn with "Sleep Powder." While Pidgeot slumbered, Lush Life drained its health with "Leech Seed" and flattened it with "Body Slam." Blue continued to play by-the-book and brought out his Alakazam next. I figured it would be too reckless to keep Lush Life out against this Psychic-type foe, so I chose Pyro (Flareon), who took minimal damage from "Psybeam" and wore down the spoon-bender with a flurry of "Quick Attack" and "Swift" strikes. Despite his textbook choices failing him thus far in our match, Blue still made type-matchups a priority by using his Rhydon third. I definitely caught him off-guared when I chose Scavenger (Fearow) to replace Pyro, but its impressive aerial agility allowed it to evade Rhydon's "Horn Drill" barrage and chip away with "Drill Peck" jabs. With half of his team depleted, Blue began to take notes from my approach and sent out his disadvantaged Exeggutor next; however, this abrupt shift in his tactics did not pay off, and Scavenger eliminated it from the match before it could launch a single attack. Blue finally unleashed his fearsome Gyarados next, which prompted me to replace Scavenger with Tripolar (Magneton.) Just as it had done against Lance's Gyarados, Tripolar easily subdued the atrocious Pokémon with a single "Thunderbolt."

While I used my starter first for this critical match, Blue saved his for last. As his Charizard soared onto the battlefield, I instructed Tripolar to paralyze the fire-breather with "Thunder Wave", and Blue commanded it to use "Rage" – almost as if he had already accepted defeat and simply given up trying. Commanding such a useless attack may have been Blue's attempt to deny me the satisfaction of a proper victory, but I resolved to take this match seriously to the very end. Since it had performed so admirably during my Elite Four challenges, I let Obtuse (Slowbro) deal the final blow of this Championship match. Although Blue stalled somewhat by using a Full Restore, it didn't take long for Obtuse to strip him of his Champion title with a tidal wave from "Surf." My trusted Pokémon and I had finally proven ourselves to be the absolute strongest team in Kanto.

Spoiler:- Rundown of Championship Match:

Spoiler:- Final Roster:

Overall, I really enjoyed this Nuzlocke journey and the team I assembled (including several of the Pokémon I worked with along the way, but eventually died or went to stay with Oak.) I had the opportunity to travel with several Pokémon species that I'd either never used in a Nuzlocke before (Venusaur, Fearow, Flareon, Slowbro, Beedrill, Arbok, etc.) or had used only briefly in previous journeys due to abrupt fatalities (Wigglytuff, Poliwrath, Magneton, etc.) This was my second successful Gen I Nuzlocke (I completed one using my old Blue cartridge last year), and I definitely think that the lack of Natures, Abilites, and coverage move options, along with the easily-exploitable crit ratio and other Gen I quirks, make for an easier Nuzlocke experience. This run featured my lowest body-count to date, with only two deaths (compared to seven in my Blue Nuzlocke.) Adding the duplicates clause definitely makes a big difference too, especially when you're working with a regional Dex as small as Kanto's. Apologies for spamming this thread so much over the past couple of months - I'll definitely come up with a different approach to posting my future Nuzlocke quests.

Last edited by crystalphoenix88; 8th July 2017 at 1:22 AM.

I heard of the Nuzlocke challenge on Youtube and decided to try it on yellow (my favorite).

My rules are :
    -I can only catch/use the 1st pokemon encountered in each aera (trades and gifts included).
    -If a pokemon faints I send it to my cemetary (last Box in the PC still at 0HP)
    -Team KO = game over
    -Each pokemon must be nicknamed
    I still don't know if I'll add a HM slave (maybe only if I get stuck since it's my 1st try).

My road so far :

After getting the pokeballs I went back to route 1 and caught a Rattata that I named Can-opener.
    On route 2 I got a nidoran male that I named Excalibur.
    I went back to route 22 and got another nidoran male that I named Horny.
    Then I humiliated blue using only my Pikachu.
    In veridian forest I got a caterpie named Monarch it quickly evolved into metapod and Butterfree.
    I arrived in Pewter city and am now training my nidorans for their upcoming fight to get my 1st badge.

My team so far :
    Pikachu lvl 9
    Rattata lvl 9
    Butterfree lvl 10
    Nidoran male lvl 10
    Nidoran male lvl 9

Due to the recent release of Sun & Moon and my newly rekindled interest in competitive battling, I've decided that I'm going to start a Nuzlocke challenge in a game from each and every generation to get into the spirit, starting with Pokemon Yellow!

Spoiler:- Rules:

Spoiler:- Progress:
    Last edited by Noheart; 21st November 2016 at 12:20 AM.
    PSN: HighestMatthias
    PS: The Funky Stunky
    Battlenet: Bahamut#1536

So because I got an eShop card, I decided to buy Pokemon Yellow and begin a Nuzlocke on it.

I haven't made too much progress. I've made it to Viridian City, and I've caught three Pokemon in addition to Cadwell the Pikachu- Kirus the Pidgey, Nougat the Nidoran (M), and Magnus the Mankey. I'll be training all of them to level 10 before I move onto the forest.

EDIT: Made it to Pewter! Training to level 14 before the gym.

EDIT: And Brock is down! The battle was quite easy- Nougat took out his Geodude with two rounds of Double Kick, and two Low Kicks from Magnus were able to finish the Onix. Afterwards, I went to the next route, catching Zeus the Spearow as I went. I chose to replace Kirus with him. Along the way, Nougat evolved!

I chose to stop training Cadwell. Pikachu will only hold me back, I'm sure, later on.

EDIT: I made it to Cerulean and got my Bulbasaur, Saxifrage. I also caught a Sandshrew called Brom, but seeing as I have Nougat, I boxed him in case of an emergency. I fought my rival. Even though he was a higher level than I expected, he wasn't too bad. Zeus took out his Spearow quickly enough, Magnus dealt with his Sandshrew and Ratatta, and Nougat got rid of his Eevee.

Speaking of, Saxifrage and Nougat both evolved.

I picked up Kjal the Charmander and boxed him, and Zeus evolved into Fearow. I then began to train my team for Misty. I'll fight her when I reach level 22.

EDIT: And then I replaced Nougat with Brom. Much as I love him, I already have a Poison-type in Saxifrage, and Brom has higher Attack and all that when he evolves into Sandslash. I'll put Nougat back in if Brom dies, however.

EDIT: I managed to defeat Misty. She was pathetic- all she did was use Harden and X Defends. Saxifrage took both her Pokemon out easily. I progressed and added Lethe the Drowzee to my team.

EDIT: Surge was unspectacular. Brom took him out in one Dig. Speaking of Brom, I had a bit of a scare where he got hit by a Voltorb's Selfdestruct, but he tanked it easily.

EDIT: And I just lost my first Pokemon. While in Celadon, I decided to pick up a Vulpix. While grinding, though, that Vulpix- Ravish- ended up dying to a crit Hyper Fang. I'll probably put my Eevee, Pyrrhon, on instead.

Rules:
    -Standard rules apply
    -Dupes Clause is on
    -I can only use one starter at a time. I can rotate between them, but I can't have more than one at a time on my team.

Team so far:
    Magnus, level 30
    Saxifrage, level 30
    Brom, level 30
    Lethe, level 30
    Spitfire, level 30

Dead:
    Ravish, level 18-24 (Killed by wild Ratatta's Hyper Fang.)
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 27th December 2016 at 2:02 PM.
    FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke- Current Team:

- - - - -
    Magnus - Brom - Spitfire - Pyrrhon - Rocco - Kindred
    Deaths: 1

Hi guys,
    I decided to start a YouTube channel to help with my depression. My first series I chose was a pokemon Gold Nuzlocke randomizer challenge. Here's the first episode if any of you would like to check it out. https://youtu.be/XJZJ4vcuggo
    If you enjoy maybe help me out by dropping a sub and feedback would be much appreciated thank you ��

Okay, I think the standard Nuzlocke is getting a little stale for me, so I started a new one on Yellow- this time, though, I'm simply doing one where I'm restricted to only Pokemon with Normal-Types.

My rules are:

-Standard rules. One catch, first Normal encountered, fainting is death, must be nicknamed.
    -For the first time, I'm going with Set style.
    -Dupes is off.
    -I cannot swap out any of my team until any of them die. No matter what's coming up.
    -Not as significant of a rule, but I'm not going to create nicknames that make sense. The first thing that comes to mind will be their nickname.

Right now, I'm just going to Viridian Forest. I recently defeated my rival- Rizja the Rattata took out his Spearow, while I took out his Eevee with Zagga, my own Spearow, and Kabyr the Pidgey.

EDIT: Update- I've got a lot of birds.

But anyhow, I made my way through Viridian Forest, catching a second Pidgey, Ebajuun, along the way- more to die after the second gym, am I right? My early bird curse is going to have a field day with him and Kabyr... However, despite all of the Normal types, Brock was surprisingly easy. Rizja was my pick for this gym. I used Hyper Fang against his Geodude as is- it took off a quarter of its health. Once it went down, I healed Rizja and spammed Tail Whip until it used Bide. Once it insisted charging, I dealt with it with a few quick Hyper Fangs.

So that's the hardest part over with! I progressed to Route 3, and caught Bazaro, another Spearow. Told you I had a lot of birds. I'll be training him and the rest up to a decent level before I enter Mt Moon.

I'm considering imposing a level limit from here on out. I was a little more lax with Brock, considering that I had no real means of taking him out, but now that he's down, I'm thinking of training to the level of the Gym Leader's ace, and no higher.

Current Team:
    Rizja, level 15
    Kabyr, level 15
    Zagga, level 15
    Ebajuun, level 14
    Bazaro, level 10
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 27th April 2017 at 10:44 AM.
    FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke- Current Team:

- - - - -
    Magnus - Brom - Spitfire - Pyrrhon - Rocco - Kindred
    Deaths: 1

Doing a Nuzlocke run in Red version.

Rules: Shift battle style, Dupes clause, Mythology-themed Nicknames, can only catch Pokémon at their lowest obtainable form, fainted Pokémon muse be released ASAP.

I will use a random number generator for my starter choice: 1, 2, or 3 is Bulbasaur, 4, 5, or 6 is Charmander, 7, 8, or 9 is Squirtle.

I rolled a 7 so my starter will be a Squirtle named Kuzenbo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123