Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

After everyone was 25, we went for Surge. Not that it was needed, as Austin took everyone out with no problems. Ariel evolved in the training, of course.
    After that, we headed over to rock tunnel, catching Derek II (Ratata) and James (Ekans) on the way there. We went into the mountain and caught Katrina the Onix (who will make a wonderful Steelix at some later time) and trained the team some more. We got out and ran to Celadon to get Tyler the Eevee. I then trained him against trainers (replacing the newly evolved Al), including my rival Kevin, before getting him to 30 and evolving him into a Jolteon. I also caught Shawna (Ekans) and Brice (Growlithe) on routes 8 and 7. After getting through Rocket land and easily beating Giovanni with Ariel and Austin, I rook Ben, Ashley and JoHanna to handle Erika. We then headed to the pokémon tower where I surprisingly got Roseann the Cubone (I was actually kinda hoping for a Gastly, since I have ground covered nicely at the moment...). After beating the rockets, Fuji gave me the pokéflute. I caught Garth (Snorlax) on 16 and got the Super Rod on 12, where I then fished for Rachel (Horsea). I then got Amy (Venonat) on 13 and flew back to Vermillion to get Essence the Shellder. I am trying to figure out what I want to do with my team at the moment and may not update in a while, as I should probably get back to the poison monotype.

Team:
    Ben - - Lonely - Lvl 31
    JoHanna - - Quirky - Lvl 31
    Tyler - - Docile - Lvl 31
    Ashley - - Serious - Lvl 31
    Ariel - - Relaxed - Lvl 31
    Austin - - Serious - Lvl 31

Spoiler:- Other Mon's:
        Spoiler:- Trained 'mons in White:

Spoiler:- Current challenges:

Hmm, I've done a lot since a few days ago... So after clearing the Rocket Hideout (Gio's Kangaskhan actually proved to be a bit difficult), I went to the Celadon Gym. The trainers posed no challenge, and in the process of battling them, Izardchar involved in Charizard. I took down Erika without breaking a sweat.

After that I went to the Pokemon Tower where I captured a Gastly (Gargen), boxed Geotpid, and immediately started training Gastly. It evolved into a Haunter after a bit, and I finished fighting my way through Pokemon Tower. With the Pokeflute in hand, I went and battled the Snorlax blocking cycling road, and added the sleeping giant to my team.

With that, I took the long way to Fuchsia City, training up my two new teammates. Once in Fuchsia, I went to the Safari Zone, got Surf, and the Warden's Gold Teeth. Once I felt leveled up enough, I took on Koga with Gargen (because I taught it Psychic, hoohoo) and Laxsnor. It was funny trying to watch Koga poison my two Pokemon that couldn't be poisoned.

Anyway, took him down with minimal issue. The first thing I could do with my newfound ability to Surf was catch a Slowpoke (Broslow) from Fuchsia City. I also went and got a Hitmonchan (Chanhitmon) from the Fighting Dojo. I then proceeded to spend forever training them (they were only on level 25, while the rest of my team was around 40).

Unfortunately, due to inattentiveness and carelessness on my part, I ended up losing Chanhitmon while re-battling a random Biker (after I had just devoted a butt ton of time training it). On a positive note, Broslow evolved into Slowbro.

With a now empty spot on what was going to be my final team, I decided to train that Eevee I forgot I picked up from Celadon City. I plan on evolving it into a Jolteon once I train it a bit more.

And that's where I currently am at in my game. Ayup.

Trainer: Red
    Badges: 5
    Pokedex: 27
    Time: 64:02 oh wow it will be around 100 hours by the time I reach the E4...
    Current Location: Cycling Road

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- Box'd:

Spoiler:- Deceased:

d00med n0w

okay so a while back i started a new game on leafgreen but i got bored so ive decided to turn it in to a nuzlocke from where i am now which is just before surge.
    Okay so when pokemon die they go to the box and only one of each type of pokemon.
    Team
    Charizard (level 36)
    Gyrados( level 20)
    Diglett (level 20)
    BTW i wont be nicknaming any one i just dont like nicknames
    EDIT
    okay just a little update. digglet went through the gym not taking any damage and he won it easily so i got my third badge (and my first under nuzlocke rules)
    so after the gym i went to go back to cerulean but on the way digglet died to a stupid pidgey but gyrados did level up.so i saved outside bills house because i wanted to go up there for some reason
    Team
    Charizard (level 36)
    Gyrados (level 21)
    Dead
    digglet (level 25)
    butterfree (level 23) thid guy was in my party when i started up but he was dead so hes dead.
    Last edited by dainswfc; 26th November 2011 at 10:38 PM.

Oops, postan again because I'm speedan through this.

So I spent forever levelan up Veeee, evolvan it to Jolteon once it reached level 30. Then I leveled it up some more. Once it was on par with the rest of my team, I decided to take on Silph Co. I sped through it relatively fast, beatan all the Rockets and whatnot. My rival Green nearly gave me some difficulty (I thought I was gonna lose Veeee to a crit Water Gun from his Blastoise; it was pretty close). After I took care of him, I fought Giovanni. He was easy with Broslow and Laxsnor on my side.

Then I decided I might as well take on Sabrina, although I've always been a bit frightened by her Gym. Fortunately, she wasn't as hard as she has been for me in the past. With Veeee and Dosgyara's Bite attacks, and Gargen's Shadow Ball, I was able to defeat her and earn the Marsh Badge.

After that, I headed to Cinnabar Island, fightan all the trainers on the two water routes to level up. I got the Secret Key from the Pokemon Mansion and trained Broslow more for the battle against Blaine. I also got an Aerodactyl from the Old Amber.

Fightan Blaine wasn't really hard. Broslow's Surf took care of everyone. The only time it got tough was because of his Arcanine's Bite... When things were gettan down to the wire, I just sent out Dosgyara to finish off Arcanine.

With my 7th badge in hand, Bill came to sweep me off to the Sevii Islands. I did all the quests there, takan advantage of the stronger trainers. I finished my business there, and now I'm currently about to fight Giovanni for my 8th and final badge.

By the next time I update, I'll probably have hopefully beaten the Elite Four.

Trainer: Red
    Badges: 7
    Pokedex: 33
    Time: 76:13 oh wow it will be around 100 hours by the time I reach the E4...
    Current Location: Viridian Gym

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- Box'd:

Spoiler:- Deceased:

d00med n0w

Ok so im doing a Leaf Green Nuzlocke under the usual rules:-
    * You can only catch the first Pokemon you find in any area (route, cave, city etc.). You can't catch any more. Even if it's one you already have.
    * If a Pokemon faints, it's dead. You have to release it or permanently box it.
    * Give all your Pokemon nicknames so you grow attached to them.

So after all the introductory stuff i received my starter Broast the Charmander (who's final evo is known as BROKENZARD by the competitive community). Afterwards beat my rival whom i named Dimwit. In Route 1 ran into a Rattata so had to kill it. After delivering the Oak's parcel like a child slave I received my Pokeballs. So went to Route 2 and caught another (ugh) Rattata naming it Jerry. Now onto Route 22 and i encountered a Mankey! Happily caught it and named it Big Show. After levelling up Broast to level 14 and Big Show to level 11 i proceeded to destroy my rival Dimwit for the second time. And now im heading to Viridian Forest.

Team

Broast Lvl 15 (Charmander)- Metal Claw/Ember/Scratch/Growl

BigShow Lvl 11 (Mankey)- Low Kick/Karate Chop/Scratch/Leer

Jerry Lvl 3 (Rattata)- Dont care

Box:- None

Deaths:- None

I am busy with a leafgreen Nuzlocke. My team now

In team
    Blastoise (lvl 36)
    Graveler (lvl 36)
    Badero (Nidoqueen) lvl 36
    Rootie (Victreebell) lvl 36
    Pidgeot (lvl 36)
    Iecha (Electrode) lvl 37

in box
    Donut (Beedrill) lvl 12
    Holden (Spearow) lvl 8
    Kelfer (Diglett) lvl 17
    Molfecue (Drowsee) lvl 13
    Irako (Sandshrew) (lvl 11)
    Primeape (lvl 33)
    Hiddoi (zubat) lvl 16
    Doduo (lvl 18)
    Koukie (Krabby) lvl 25
    Boes (Gastly) lvl 16
    Radar (venonat) lvl 26
    Harper (Goldeen) lvl 16
    Blazon (Flareon) lvl 36

Dood:
    Bojello (rattata)

Challenges currently completed

Monotype:

Sapphire/Ruby: Ground
    Firered/Leafgreen: Flying

Starting an Emerald Nuzlocke Challenge.
    My rules:
    You can only use the first Pokemon you encounter in each route/town/city/cave.
    All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
    If a Pokemon in your party faints you must box/release it and not use it anymore in your challenge.
    Additionals rules:
    I will NOT buy any items. I will only use item founds on routes/towns/cities/caves.
    I will only heal OUTSIDE battles.
    I will NOT use any revives/revival herbs/max revives.

Rolled a dice for my starter, which is TrollFace the Torchic.
    Beat May on the first try, TrollFace growed to Lvl6.
    Got my second team member, Grim the Poochyena, caught on Route 101.
    Trained my little team to Level 8 each.

Spoiler:- :

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

So I'll soon be starting my own universal challenge nd before I do that I have two questions 1. if one of my pokemon dies can I catch the same pokemon but somewhere else and 2. can I catch a pokemon in the same cave or somewhere else but on different levels? Edit that also goes for the safari zone can I catch a pokemon in different zones or areas
    Last edited by cookies kill you; 14th December 2011 at 12:25 AM.
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Quote Originally Posted by cookies kill you View Post
    So I'll soon be starting my own universal challenge nd before I do that I have two questions 1. if one of my pokemon dies can I catch the same pokemon but somewhere else and 2. can I catch a pokemon in the same cave or somewhere else but on different levels? Edit that also goes for the safari zone can I catch a pokemon in different zones or areas
    It's honestly all up to you and how difficult you want to make the challenge for yourself.

I normally play with no duplicates so I don't end up with a team of Rattata or something. But I've seen people play with duplicates and replace lost team mates with the same species they found elsewhere. that would have been so helpful in my Diamond Nuzlocke, bluh

And I personally count caves as one place... I think the only time I didn't do that was in a Silver version Nuzlocke.

So long as it follows the basic 2 Nuzlocke rules, you have the freedom to do what you'd like!

d00med n0w

Quote Originally Posted by cookies kill you View Post
    Edit that also goes for the safari zone can I catch a pokemon in different zones or areas
    I have seen it done both ways. Personally, I do every area as separate. However, others do not. It is your choice, really.
        Spoiler:- Trained 'mons in White:

Spoiler:- Current challenges:

So, I started a nuzlocke challenge in my Emerald game a few days ago, and I just got my 3rd gym badge this morning. This is my team:
    (Felix) Level 25
    (Eliza) Level 23
    (Nuria) Level 23
    (Rio) Level 23
    (Elsie) Level 23
    (Ceren) Level 23

Am I at a good level for this point in the game? If not, how high level should I train to before continuing? How high level should I train to for the 4th gym? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Hmm, if I remember right, Flannery's lowest lv. pokemon is 24, while the highest is 29. I would train to about lv. 29 or somewhere around there. Make sure to use Elsie since it is your best pokemon against her.
    Fizzy Bubbles

Userbar by Trickster44

Personally, I don't think I'm irresponsible
    White 2 scramble team:
    2 more to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyEyes View Post
    Hmm, if I remember right, Flannery's lowest lv. pokemon is 24, while the highest is 29. I would train to about lv. 29 or somewhere around there. Make sure to use Elsie since it is your best pokemon against her.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I don't remember Emerald that well because I haven't played it in a while, so any help is appreciated. I will use Elsie in the battle, and have Felix and Nuria as backup.
    Last edited by Squiddly Dee; 2nd January 2012 at 5:10 PM. Reason: typo

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

I started a Nuzlocke Challenge on Sapphire a few days ago. I will start updating more often. Most of my pokemon died against the second badge so this is all I have now.

Kiplin- Level 23
    Winston- Level 18
    Simon- Level 12

Dead:
    Macho-
    Richard-
    Boris-

Quote Originally Posted by stowe9616 View Post
    I started a Nuzlocke Challenge on Sapphire a few days ago. I will start updating more often. Most of my pokemon died against the second badge so this is all I have now.

Kiplin- Level 23
    Winston- Level 18
    Simon- Level 12

Dead:
    Macho-
    Richard-
    Boris-
    I'm sorry for your losses. The second gym was tough for me, too. I would have lost my Shroomish (now a Breloom) if it wasn't for Stun Spore and Leech Seed.

This is my team after the 3rd badge. On route 117 I found a new teammate August. After beating Wally easily I challenged the gym. I also easily beat Wattson with only Kiplin's Mud Shot. No deathes this time!

Kiplin- Level 28
    Winston- Level 20
    Simon- Level 12
    August- Level 13

Dead:
    Macho-
    Richard-
    Boris-

About done playing today. But one more new teammate found in Fiery path. His name is Marcello. Gotta train to fight Archie.

Kiplin- Level 28
    Winston- Level 20
    Simon- Level 12
    August- Level 13
    Marcello- Level 16

Dead:
    Macho-
    Richard-
    Boris-

Started an Emerald Nuzlocke. I got a Mudkip, and I named it Mudkipz (shocker, eh). While Torchic is my favourite, I feel Mudkip will be better suited for the challenge as I'd prefer a more durable Pokemon (Blaziken can go down quite quickly).

Anyway I didn't do much, all I did was rescue Professor Birch then made my way to Oldale town. I can't catch any Pokemon in the first route because that Zigzagoon counts as the encounter of the route. Now I'm gonna go buy some Pokeballs and catch my second in the route above Oldale, and faceoff against Brendan (I'm a guy, but I always choose the girl whenever I do a challenge)

Current Team:
    Mudkip (Mudkipz) Level 5.

Well, in my Emerald nuzlocke challenge, my team and I finally made it to Lavaridge city after a detour to Meteor Falls and an intense battle with Maxie. Flannery's Pokemon were high level, but they went down easily with the help of Elsie's powerful Bubblebeam. Now, it's time for us to explore the desert and take on the 5th gym!

(Felix) Level 29
    (Eliza) Level 27
    (Nuria) Level 26
    (Rio) Level 26
    (Elsie) Level 27
    (Ceren) Level 27

Dead:
    None, and I hope to keep it that way.

Been awhile since I updated. I actually got slaughtered by Brawly, so I only had a level 3 Zigzagoon and a Zubat which both died at Slateport. So I started again and skipped Brawly. I just beat the third gym and I'm clearing all the trainers on the way to Vertunturf before progressing on my adventure!

Current Team:
    Sweeny (Gloom)
    Mudkipz (Marshtomp)
    Dawg (Poochyena) - In the day care. I plan to only use this thing if my whole team loses, so I have a backup.

Dead:
    Shroomish
    2 Poochyena's
    Whismur
    Mukuhita

In my Emerald nuzlocke, I have just obtained my 5th gym badge. However, my victory came with a price. Norman had sent out his Slaking, and it had just been hit by a Bite from Nuria, my Mightyena. It barely hung on, however, and killed her with a critical hit Facade, thus ignoring the severe attack cut I had given it earlier. Fortunately, Elsie, my Azumarill, avenged her with one swift Bubblebeam. Nuria will not be forgotten...

After the intense battle, I noticed that my team had a massive flying weakness, so I added Kai the Electrike to my team. I hope he will survive and do well!

My team:
    (Felix) Level 33
    (Eliza) Level 31
    (Rio) Level 31
    (Elsie) Level 31
    (Ceren) Level 31
    (Kai) Level 12

Dead:
    (Nuria) Level 2-31 Killed by Norman's Slaking

wait, for nuzlocke, it is OK to count forest/cave/mountain as separate?

what about potting? the rule says that fainted pokemon are counted as dead, but what are the rules on healing at PC or buying pots to keep alive?

and what about first pokemon i come across but i fainted them instead of catching them? do i lose my chance to capture a poke the entire area, or do i keep trying?

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    wait, for nuzlocke, it is OK to count forest/cave/mountain as separate?

what about potting? the rule says that fainted pokemon are counted as dead, but what are the rules on healing at PC or buying pots to keep alive?

and what about first pokemon i come across but i fainted them instead of catching them? do i lose my chance to capture a poke the entire area, or do i keep trying?
    Yes, mountains/caves/forests are separate.

Nope, you can't even heal them with revives or by using the PC. If they faint, they're dead. No exceptions.

If you knock out your first encounter, that's the only one you get. No second tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic-Inferno View Post
    Yes, mountains/caves/forests are separate.

Nope, you can't even heal them with revives or by using the PC. If they faint, they're dead. No exceptions.

If you knock out your first encounter, that's the only one you get. No second tries.
    hold on. either you're reading my post wrong or i am phrasing it wrong.
    let me try again on the healing part.

BEFORE THEY FAINT, can I buy pots to keep them alive?

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast