Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

It's been so long since I last played my Nuzlocke that I decided to just start over on LeafGreen. Modified rules: I can catch shinies and legendaries, but can't use them if they weren't the first encounter. There's one route split at the moment--I think it's Route 2 (before and after Viridian Forest). I don't think there'll be any others. Gift Pokemon aren't included in the total caught, and can be used. In addition, areas through which I have to go before actually being able to catch Pokemon are valid areas for catching Pokemon once I get Pokeballs.

Progress so far: I went through the standard beginning, picked a random number and ended up with Charmander as starter. Battled rival. Caught a level 3 Pidgey on Route 1, who died from a critical hit attack from a wild Ratatta . Caught a level 4 Mankey on Route 22.

Current Team:
    Donny, level 4, male, jolly
    Char, level 8, male, rash

Death Toll: 1

RIP:
    Beck, female, lonely, lvl 3-4

I lost Donny and gained a Weedle (on Route 2 prior to Viridian Forest). I feel these early losses don't bode too well for the run.

Current Team:
    Derri, level 4, female, gentle
    Char, level 8, male, rash

Death Toll: 2

RIP:
    Donny, male, jolly, lvl 4-7

I caught a Weedle (Drill) on Route 2b. Derri evolved twice while I was grinding for Brock. When Char learned Metal Claw, I was optimistic--however, that move only made a marginal difference when it came to the actual battle. Char beat Geodude easily, but took a bad hit against Onix. Derri subbed in while Char restored HP, and I'm sad to say that she really took the hit for the team. She will be missed. As it was, I barely won with Charmander, who evolved into Charmeleon immediately after the battle.

After the battle, I managed to pull Drill up to level 12 before I took him out to Route 3. He was promptly slaughtered by a Rattata. However, I did manage to catch a Spearow (Cary). I went ahead and bought the Magikarp (Ingot) out of sheer desperation. While training Cary, I managed to run into four Pikachu in Viridian Forest. I've come to the realization that this run is trying to mock me. My most recent catch has been a Zubat (Nocte) in Mount Moon.

Current Team:
    Ingot, level 6, female, gentle
    Nocte, level 8, female naughty (?--my battery just died, so I'm going off memory there)
    Cary, level 15, female, naughty
    Char, level 19, male, rash

Death Toll: 4

RIP:
    Donny, male, jolly, lvl 4-7
    Derri, female, gentle, lvl 4-15
    Drill, male, calm, lvl 3-12

Default Zach's Pokémon Emerald Nuzlocke

Well, I decided to not make my playthrough a Nuzlocke anymore. I really like the Pokémon I have and don't feel like training up others if any of my current team members lose. Will be posting it all in the RSE Recent Happenings Thread. Not sure if I'll do a Nuzlocke in Generation III, or any other Pokémon game, in the future.
    Last edited by Torpoleon; 27th November 2012 at 11:49 PM.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Best of luck to all working on their Nuzlocke runs. I recently finished an Emerald Nuzlocke, and man it felt good at the end.

Started my Emerald Nuzlocke challenge yesterday and its actually my very first Nuzlocke challenge.

I am currently in Slateport, have 2 badges and my team is

Combusken(Blaze) Lv. 19
    Poocheyena(Wolverine) Lv. 17
    Beautifly(Sliky) LV. 17
    Taillow(Ace) LV. 17
    Whismur(Fluffy) LV. 17
    Magikarp(Mirage) LV.17

In my pc I have a bunch of Poocheyea -____-

Poocheyena(Fang)
    Poocheyena(Wolf)
    Zubat(Rouge)
    Poocheyena(Rider)

So far only 1 death and that was my First Silcoon which evolved from my Wurmple R.I.P

Silcoon(Amber)

Update!!!!

I just lost Ace my Taillow

Update!!!! 2

Just beat Watson and lost no pokemon

Update!!!! 3

Just beat Flannery and got myself an Anorith, although I lost my Fluffy(Loudred) in the process T_T

Update!!!! 4

Just lost my Beautifly to the Zangoose in Normans Gym. I was so sure it could take it out. But at least I got my 5th badge.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 27th November 2012 at 9:07 PM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by muffinz View Post
    Uhh, why not? Not using Repels doesn't really make the game harder at all. It just makes everything more time-consuming.
    It's really "no repels until I've caught something on that route". So no using a bunch of repels to make sure my first encountered in an area is the interactable pokemon there.

Replaced my Mightyena(Wolverine) with my 120 Route encounter Seedot(Nuzlocke) and I beat Winona without a loss

Current Team

Blaziken(Blaze) Lv. 39
    Gyarados(Mirage) Lv. 37
    Crobat(Rouge) Lv. 37
    Anorith(Native) Lv. 37
    Electrode(Sparkman) Lv. 37
    Nuzleaf(Nuzlocke) Lv. 37

PC

Mightyena(Wolverine) Lv. 36
    Poochyena(Fang) Lv. 4
    Poochyena(Wolf) Lv. 5
    Poochyena(Rider) Lv. 12
    Oddish(Hearth) Lv. 13
    Numel(Magma) Lv. 16
    Koffing(Big Boom) Lv. 15
    Spinda(Tipsy) Lv. 15
    Lotad(Fiesta) Lv. 15
    Sandshrew(Sonic) Lv. 20
    Trapinch(Nergel) Lv. 20
    Swablu(Qtip) Lv. 23
    Tentacool(Squidward) Lv. 33
    Tentacool(Kalamari) Lv. 28
    Tentacool(Kraken) Lv. 31
    Zigzagoon(Prancer) Lv. 24
    Oddish(Willow) Lv. 27

Dead

Silcoon(Amber) Lv.2 - Lv.7
    Taillow(Ace) Lv.6 - Lv.19
    Loudred(Fluffy) Lv.7 - Lv.24
    Beautifly(Silky) Lv.5 - Lv.27

Update!!!!

Just lost my Gyarados(Mirage) to a Destiny Bonding, Countering Wobbufett! R.I.P Mirage Lv. 7-39

But I went and used my Peatalburg encounter to get another Magikarp then evolved it into a Gyarados(Hydra) lol so I guess it's not all bad.

Update 2!!!!

Just lost another Gyarados(Hydra) this time to a Poison/Leech Seed combination. and I just got her too. -_______- R.I.P Hydra Lv. 17-26

So I got another Magikarp(Mercury) and evolved it but the good news is I got it at Lv. 28 so essentially it's better than Hydra :P
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 2nd December 2012 at 2:13 AM.

Well, I decided a while back that I would begin concurrent Nuzlocke runs on Platinum and HeartGold when I finished the semester. That would put me down for a Nuzlocke in each region up through Gen IV except Kanto. Seeing as I finished one of my major papers for the semester tonight, I decided I might as well add a third Nuzlocke to the mix and begin a LeafGreen Nuzlocke tonight.

The rules for all three runs will be the usual Nuzlocke rules - first pokemon per area only (excepting any shiny pokemon, though if I encounter a shiny it will sit in the box until the aftergame), if it faints it is dead and will be banished to the dead box.

A rundown so far:

I acquired my starter, Shellshock the Squirtle from Professor Oak and promptly curbstomped my rival's Bulbasaur like a boss.

After acquiring Pokeballs in Viridian City, I returned to Route 1 and caught myself a Pidgey, upon whom I bestowed the name Fluffyhead.

On Route 2 I happened upon a Mankey, caught it, and named it Punchy.

I am currently working on bringing Fluffyhead and Punchy to level with Shellshock before I fight my rival again on Route 2 and head north to the Viridian Forest.

Update:

Got everyone to level 7, so now I am off to fight my Rival.

A number of missed Bubbles due to a single Sand-Attack meant Shellshock could not take care of my Rival's Pidgey quickly, and I had to use my potions to keep him going. Eventually, a critical tackle brought him too low, and I switched to Fluffy-head, who was able to KO the Pidgey, but was knocked out with a critical Tackle from the Rival's Bulbasaur after I landed a Sand-Attack on his first turn on the field put Fluffyhead down for good. Punchy was able to handle the situation, though, avenging Fluffyhead.

Rest in peace, Fluffyhead. You did well.

To the Viridian Forest! First pokemon there was a Weedle, level 3, Modest. Caught him, named him Eedle, and now I shall begin training him.

Update:

So I got some training done evolved Eedle into a Kakuna, then I went to fight Brock, which was easy for Shellshock to handle. I then made my way to Mt. Moon, catching a Spearow on Route 3. I added her to my team and proceeded to train some, evolving Eedle again, before stepping into Mt. Moon and catching a Zubat I named Batso. I did some training, went through Mt. Moon and chose a Helix fossil for myself, though I am not sure yet whether I will revive it. I will see later, I suppose.

Found another Pidgey on Route 4, so I killed it, and trained some more to bring everyone to a level that could handle my Rival in Cerulean. Shellshock evolved and I went to battle my Rival. Easy victory, and the Nugget Bridge proved no problem either. Routes 24 and 25 both gave me Abra as my first pokemon, so I hucked a ball at each and hoped, but only got one shake of the ball before they broke free. So no Abra for me. I fought the trainers on Route 25 and helped Bill sort himself out, so now I am going to do final grinding before Misty's gym. I'd like to get Eedle to level 20, just so there's a third pokemon on my team that can land supereffective damage on Misty's Starmie.

My team thus far:

Shellshock: Male, level 19, Modest
    Punchy: Female, level 18, Jolly
    Eedle: Male, level 19, Modest
    Beaker: Female, level 17, Lonely
    Batso: Male, level 17, Sassy

Dead:

Fluffyhead: Female, level 7, Mild
    Last edited by General_Ridley; 4th December 2012 at 3:47 AM.

I decided to do my Emerald Nuzlocke challenge over since I lost all my pokemon to Tate & Liza and did not feel like training the ones in the PC.

Currently I am an Dewford and going to train in the Granite Cave. Had no trouble with Roxanne. So far no deaths

Current Team

Marshtomp(Torrent) Lv. 19

Lombre(Peso) Lv. 17

Beautifly(Mozart) Lv. 17

Whismur(Echo) Lv. 17

Sableye(Bandit) Lv. 17

PC

Poochyena(Rottweiler) Lv. 12
    Wingull(Rain) Lv. 12
    Magikarp(Serpent) Lv. 9
    Magikarp(Azul) Lv. 8
    Magikarp(Skulkraken) Lv. 8
    Magikarp(Ophelia) Lv. 8

Dead
    Taillow(Aquilla) Lv. 7-16
    Tentacool(Stingray) Lv. 5-8

Update!!!

Took out the Dewford Gym but lost my poor Taillow(Aquilla) in the process. Taillow is just never gonna survive a Nuzlocke. Also, caught a Wingull and 2 Magikarps but not gonna use them.

Update 2!!!

Just lost my Tentacool(Stingray) I just got!! Went to go look for more on routes I have not caught anything yet and got a bunch of Magikarp and for some reason they are all female.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 5th December 2012 at 1:23 AM.

Last night before bed I elected to do some more work and get myself to Vermillion City, which meant beating Misty. That went by no problem, since Shellshock and my newly evolved Beaker could curbstomp everything. After beating Misty, I went down to Route 5 to catch a pokemon and found a level 10 Meowth, which I caught and called Pawl. He had a nugget on him and Pickup, so he's my definite go-to 6th slot while training in the tall grass so I can get extra items.

I then went to Vermillion City and caught a new Pidgey on Route 6, just in case I needed a backup Flyer. I then went to Diglett's Cave to catch a Diglett for Lt. Surge, and I found one. I had Batso out to avoid Ground type moves, which was handy. I turned around to leave the cave when out of nowhere a level 29 Dugtrio comes out all like "You just kidnapped my child!" It used mud-slap the first round, so I tried to escape but it had Arena Trap. It then used dig, so I went for a supersonic and hoped to confuse it to death while getting small bits of Bite damage in.

After a number of turns, it was down to almost half health and it snapped out of confusion and used Fury Swipes. Three hits and Batso was at 9 HP. I used a Super Potion and confused it again, and it used ground moves a few more rounds, and then it went for Fury Swipes again. It landed four hits and I lost Batso to a pokemon eleven levels higher than him. I still couldn't run, so I sent in Shellshock to finish it. The Dugtrio hurt itself and then Water Gun finished the fight.

Update:

A wild pidgey got a critical hit with quick attack and killed Moley before I could even get her up one level. Here's hoping for a Sandshrew on Route 11.

My team thus far:

Shellshock: Male, level 22, Modest
    Punchy: Female, level 19, Jolly
    Eedle: Male, level 20, Modest
    Beaker: Female, level 20, Lonely
    Pawl: Male, level 10, Timid

PC:

Skyy: Female, level 13, Relaxed

Dead:

Moley: Female, level 19, Lax
    Last edited by General_Ridley; 7th December 2012 at 6:11 AM.

Currently I am in Mauville and just beat Wattson with 0 deaths. Of course Marstomp was the MVP of this fight. also, caught a Marill(Aqua) as my Route 117 encounter but not gonna use it.

Current Team

Marshtomp(Torrent) Lv. 28

Lombre(Peso) Lv. 26

Beautifly(Mozart) Lv. 26

Loudred(Echo) Lv. 25

Sableye(Bandit) Lv. 25

Numel(Himalaya) Lv. 25

PC

Wingull(Rain) Lv. 12
    Magikarp(Serpent) Lv. 9
    Magikarp(Azul) Lv. 8
    Magikarp(Ophelia) Lv. 8
    Marill(Marina) Lv. 17
    Lombre(Fiesta) Lv. 18

Dead
    Marill(Aqua) Lv. 13
    Spinda(Drunky) Lv. 15

Update!!!
    Got me a Numel(Himalaya) in the Fiery Path and another Marill(Marina) on Route 112. Unfortunately My other Marill(Aqua) had to be death fodder so that my Beautifly(Mozart) would not get knocked out by Wailmers Rolloutt.

Update!!! 2
    About to go through Meteor Falls , Caught a Spinda(Drunky) on Route 113 but it died soon after...Also, caught a Lombre(Fiesta) on Route 114.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 7th December 2012 at 1:48 AM.

I did wind up catching a Sandshrew, so I leveled it and evolved it and took on Surge with it. Then I went on my merry way to get to Celadon City. Caught a Geodude in Rock Tunnel, which is good, because I needed something to handle Koffing Selfdestructs in the Rocket Hideout. Wound up catching another Sandshrew on my way to Celadon. Erika went down easy to my Fearow and Beedrill, Surprised Beedrill's still going strong - I've never really used a Bug-type for any significant length of time. I'm currently going back to Lavender Town for a Ghost Type, since Koga's going to be ridiculously easy with one of those on my team.

I'm planning to get a ghost type, get the Pokeflute, and hit the Safari Zone next. I need the Super Rod, but I plan to avoid running into anything until I can cast my rod in the Safari Zone and gamble on the possibility of catching a Dratini or Dragonair there. If I can, then I'll get the Eevee in Celadon City. If not, I got enough coins gambling there to buy one. So that's my plan, basically.

My team thus far:

Shellshock: Male, level 29, Modest
    Punchy: Female, level 29, Jolly
    Eedle: Male, level 29, Modest
    Beaker: Female, level 29, Lonely
    Razordoll: Female, level 27, Adamant
    Klik: Male, level 26, Lax,

PC:

Sandy: , level 17, Rash

Dead:

Currently in Lavaridge Town and on my way there I got two new Pokemon to my team, Solrock(Primal) & Machop(Amazon) unfortunately I had to box my Lombre(Peso) and my Loudred(Echo) to make room.

Current Team

Marshtomp(Torrent) Lv. 30

Lombre(Peso) Lv. 28

Beautifly(Mozart) Lv. 28

Loudred(Echo) Lv. 28

Sableye(Bandit) Lv. 28

PC
    Wingull(Rain) Lv. 12
    Magikarp(Serpent) Lv. 9
    Magikarp(Azul) Lv. 8
    Magikarp(Ophelia) Lv. 8
    Marill(Marina) Lv. 17
    Lombre(Fiesta) Lv. 18
    Sandshrew(Knuckles) Lv. 20

Dead
    Marill(Aqua) Lv. 13
    Spinda(Drunky) Lv. 15
    oSolrock(Primal) Lv. 16-26
    Trapinch(Eye-Eye) Lv. 21
    Lileep(Venus) Lv. 20-22
    Numel(Himalaya) Lv. 16-26
    Machoke(Amazon) Lv. 22-28

Update!!!

A whole bunch of death this time around. Beat Flannery but lost my Solrock(Primal) to a crit Overheat, in the sun no less, from Flannery's Torkal.

Got a Trapinch(Eye-Eye) on Route 111 and lost that not to long after. I was trapped by a wild Trapinch's Arena Trap and since Eye-Eye was in my lead spot I had no choice but to fight it, on top of that I was outta healing items but 1 Oran berry.

Got a Sandshrew(Knuckles) and the Root fossil and revived it to get Lileep(Venus) as my Rustboro encounter and not to long after Venus died as well. Lost Venus in the Trick House to a crit Magnitude from a Geodude.

Lost Numel(Himalaya) to a wild Self destructing Baltoy.

Finally, I Beat Norman but lost my Machoke(Amazon) which evolved from Machop to his Slaking.

So I ended up putting Lombre(Peso) and Loudred(Echo) back on my team, for now anyway.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 7th December 2012 at 11:13 PM.

Started a new Nuzlocke on Emerald today (I started one recently but got beaten by Brawley, so I started again. This time I started with a female Treecko (using the Trainer ID rule). I counted a Poochyena on Route 101 as my first encounter (but didn't have Pokeballs), and then managed to catch a Poochyena on Route 103. I found another one on Route 102 (not playing with duplicate clause), but it soon fainted in my first trainer battle, since I wasn't really careful with it because I already had a Poochyena. On Route 104, I accidentally knocked out my first encounter, a Tailow, in one shot with a critical hit Pound from Treecko. In the woods I found a Wurmple and caught it, but that got knocked out by a critical hit from the Zigazoon belonging to the rich boy on the next route. I reached Rustboro with no other major catastrophes, and my current team is now:

Poochyena lvl 12
    Treecko lvl 12

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I have started a Nuzlocke in Pokémon Emerald with normal rules, but different floors in caves count as different places, and if a Pokémon I actually have appears, it doesn't count as the 1st Pokémon of the Route. It's my first Nuzlocke, and I will alternate between this and my Crystal Ground Monotype.

I began with Treecko, who I called Geek. In the last patch of grass of Route 201, a Zigzagoon appeared... But in Route 203, I managed to get to May without a single Pokémon encounter. I swept Torchic with my Lv. 7 Treecko easily. May gave me Pokéballs in the lab, and I caught a lv 2 Poochyena in Route 203, who I forgot to give a nickname... While I was grinding to level it up it got to lv 4, but a Zigzagoon who was only doing 3 points of damage every turn killed Poochyena with a Critical Hit that quitted my Poochyena 8 HP! Poochyena died...

I went to Route 202, where I caught a Lotad (I forgot again about the nickname!) I grinded until both Treecko and Lotad got to level 9, and I arrived at Petalburg City. There I helped Wally catch Ralts and met that mysterious man. After that I went to Route 204, where I caught a Marill (I forgot the nickname thing again...) with Thick Fat. I grinded a bit, to allow Marill to reach his teammates, and I entered Petalburg Woods, where a Lv 5 Cascoon appeared. I caught him and called him Capulli. I put him in the PC. I destroyed the Grunt's Poochyena easily, received a Super Ball, and kept going till I got to Rostburo City, where I got Cut and a Quick Claw I gave to Marill.

There I caught a Whismur, who I called Noisy, and grinded my whole team up to Lv 14. Lotad evolved into Lombre. After defeating all the Trainers, I went to Rostburo Gym. I won easily, with Lombre's Bullet Seed, Marill's Water Gun, and Geek's Absorb. After that I defeated again the Grunt, and rescued Peeko the Wingull. I received the PokéGear, and I battled May, who I defeated realy easily, with Noisy and Marill destroying Lotad and Torchic, respectively.
    Geek evolved while going to Mr. Arenque's house (in Spanish he is Sr. Arenque, I don't know his name in English, the owner of the Wingull, Peeko in Spanish). I went to Dewford Town, where I received the Old Rod, with which I caught a Magikarp, who I called Uselesful, and a Tentacool in Route 206 which I defeated with a critical hit... .

I entered Granite Cave, where I caught Sumo, the Makuhita, and I grinded to get my whole team to level 18. After that I went to the Gym... And things went badly, as Brawly scored two Critical hits on Azumarill, killing him, and after a Bulk Up, he defeated Lombre and... Geek the Grovyle too! I managed to win the battle with Sumo and Noisy, and after that I went on exploring Granite Cave, with Noisy, Sumo, and the dead Lombre, only for using Flash. In the cave's two floors I hadn't explored yet. I caught an Aron (Aurum) and a Zubat (I forgot about the nickname...). I reached the last room, anve the letter to Steven. Now I am training Aurum and Zubat to let them reach the other two. Team:

Aron (Aurum) Lv 11-14.
    Zubat Lv 9-15
    Makuhita (Sumo) Lv 9-19
    Whismur (Noisy) Lv 6-18

Dead Pokémon:

Poochyena Lv 2-4
    Grovyle (Geek) Lv 5-19
    Lombre Lv 3-18
    Azumarill Lv 5-18

PC:

Cascoon (Capulli) Lv 5
    Magikarp (Uselesful) Lv 7

I won't give up, I'll keep going
    Last edited by Swoobat; 16th December 2012 at 12:50 PM.

I know I'm double posting, but it is a huge update:

I've advanced quite a bit in my Emerald Nuzlocke. But I don't want to write a lot now, so I'll write what happened in a list:

- Reached Route 109, where I battled all the trainers. Got some Soda Pops.
    - Went to Slateport and to Route 110, where I caught a Wingull (Peeko) Trained my whole team up to level 21 (Noisy the Whismur evolved).
    - Defeated Team Aqua in Slateport.
    - Entered Route 103 and defeated all the trainers there.
    - Entered the Trick House and finished the first puzzle (Zubat evolved into Golbat)
    - Defeated May in Route 110 and reached Mauville.
    - Reached Mauville City, where I got the Coin Case, the Bicycle, and HM 06 (Rock Smash)
    - Went to Route 111, where I explored till I reached the rocks, I beat the Strategy Family (or however it is called)
    - Beat the few trainers of Route 118
    - Explored Route 117, where I caught an Oddish (Arbusto) which I left in the Daycare, and defeated all the trainers. (Golbat evolved into Crobat and Sumo the Makuhita evolved too)
    - Reached Vendarturf.
    - Went to Mauville's Gym, where I won my medal, this time without losses (Sumo destroyed Watson's team with Vital Throw).
    - Got HM 04 Strength in Vendarturf Tunnel using Rock Smash.
    - Explored Granite Cave using the Bike.
    - Explored Route 111 using Rock Smash, and got to Route 112 (Peeko the Wingull evolved into Pelipper).
    - Caught a Numel (Torpe) in Route 112, which I left in the Daycare. Went to Fiery Path.
    - Caught a Torkoal (Fastest) in Fiery Path, and reached the other exit of the cave.
    - Defeated the trainers that were at the other side of Route 111.
    - Reached Route 113, where I caught a Spinda (Giraruleta). Explored the whole route, beating all the trainers.
    - Reached Fallarbor Town.
    - Not a single Pokémon died!! Yay!

Current team:

Aron (Aurum) Lv 11-26
    Crobat Lv 9-26
    Hariyama (Sumo) Lv 9-27
    Loudred (Noisy) Lv 6-27
    Pelipper (Peeko) Lv 12-26

Dead Pokémon:

Poochyena Lv 2-4
    Grovyle (Geek) Lv 5-19
    Lombre Lv 3-18
    Azumarill Lv 5-18

PC:

Cascoon (Capulli) Lv 5
    Torkoal (Fastest) Lv 15
    Spinda (Giraruleta) Lv 15

Daycare:

Oddish (Arbusto) Lv 13-??
    Numel (Torpe) Lv 16-??
    Last edited by Swoobat; 23rd December 2012 at 11:24 PM.
    I am Spanish, so my English isn't very good.

Spoiler:- Completed Challenges:

3DS Friend Code: 2191-8109-9121. Friend Safari: Flying: Swanna / Spearow / Hawlucha. PM me so that I can add you!

I'll edit in a fuller update later, but I have finished finals and am much farther in my LeafGreen Nuzlocke. Nearly ready to fight Koga with a team consisting of Clawdia the Haunter, Shellshock the Wartortle (soon to evolve), Eedle the Beedrill, Punchy the Primeape, Razordoll the Sandslash, and Sleeper the Snorlax. Wound up catching both Snorlaxes. Got a Dratini at the game corner, and it got killed by a Rattatta using Hyper Fang before it could even grow a level. So that was lame.

I recently started a Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke Playthrough.

Player Name: Emerald
    Time: 1:55
    Badges: 0

Team Members

Chicky the Torchic
    Lv. 12 ♂
    Blaze

Ziggy the Zigzagoon
    Lv. 9 ♂
    Pickup

Dish the Lotad
    Lv. 11 ♀
    Rain Dish

Turandot the Wurmple
    Lv. 5 ♂
    Shield Dust

-Saved Professor Birch and got my Torchic, called Chicky
    -Beat May.
    - Caught Wingz the Wingull on Route 103 and Ziggy the Zigzagoon on Route 101 (both are pretty rare lol)
    - Huge Grindfest. :3 after catching Dish the Lotad at route 102.
    - Reached Petalburg, boxing Wingz.
    - Helped with Wally's first world problem
    - Went to Petalburg Woods, caught Turandot the Wurmple

Boxed
    Lv. 3 ♂ Wingz the Wingull

Dead Pokemon
    < --- >
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 19th December 2012 at 4:21 PM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Well, I had to say goodbye to Punchy today. She went down to a Cross-Chop from a Primeape in the Fighting Dojo. I went to my PC to grab Beaker as a replacement, then decided to throw Beaker into the Daycare and head to the Power Plant to see what came my way. I got a Magnemite which I named Howdouwork. I'll be going back to the power plant once I have my team in the mid 40s to grab Thunder. I'll rejigger the moveset for Howdouwork then to include Rain Dance and Thunder, because I really want it to last for the elite four. I beat Koga with Clawdia, which was easy because Kanto ghost types don't care what Koga does. Hypnosis + Dream Eater killed his Koffings and Muk, but his Weezing had the benefit of some big HP and Koga healing it, so I actually used Curse to good effect. One of the few times I would ever use Curse with a ghost type in a Nuzlocke.

Currently training Howdouwork to get him on par with the team so we can storm the Silph Co. building (and get me a Lapras). Then I'll be going for Sabrina, followed by Blaine.

Update - So got Howdouwork to evolve and am doing the beginning stages of Silph. Co. Also went to the Game Corner to pick up some TMs for my guys, so Sleeper now knows Shadow Ball and I have Ice Beam waiting to go on Shellshock. Still kind of marvelling at Eedle being around so long, and I'm loving Clawdia for all the exploding crap that I keep encountering.

My team thus far:

Shellshock: Male, level 38, Modest
    Eedle: Male, level 35, Modest
    Razordoll: Female, level 35, Adamant
    Howdouwork: level 30, Impish
    Sleeper: Male, level 36, Bold
    Clawdia: Female, level 38, Bold

PC:

Sandy: , level 17, Rash
    Klik: Male, level 27, Lax,
    Beaker: Female, level 30, Lonely
    Mothra: Female, level 26, Serious
    Memoryloss: Female, level 22, Calm
    Twiggy: Male, level 22, Rash
    Twa: Female, level 24, Modest
    Beerbelly: Female, level 30, Hasty

Dead:

Drake: Male, level 24, Impish
    Punchy: Female, level 34, Jolly
    Last edited by General_Ridley; 20th December 2012 at 8:20 AM.

Player Name: Emerald
    Time: 3:55
    Badges: 0

Team Members

Chicky the Combusken
    Lv. 16 ♂
    Blaze

Ziggy the Zigzagoon
    Lv. 11 ♂
    Pickup

Dish the Lotad
    Lv. 16 ♀
    Rain Dish

Aria the Taillow
    Lv. 11 ♀
    Guts

Crescendo the Whismur
    Lv. 12 ♀
    Soundproof

- Did a quick grind session in the woods
    - Decided to box Turandot, who had already evolved into a Dustox
    - Rampage through the gym via spamming Dish, Chicky evolved while training on the route next to Rustboro, so did Dish. Also (luckily) caught Aria the Taillow there, filling as my flyer spot.
    - Went to the cave and caught Crescendo the Whismur, who's filling as a special attacker
    - Went back to Rustboro City for the Gym after a huge power-up
    - Dish took out the Two Geodude swiftly, Chicky finished off Nosepass with a haxed Double Kick :3
    - Saved the guy's Wingull

Boxed
    Lv. 3 ♂ Wingz the Wingull
    Lv. 10 ♂ Turandot the Dustox

Dead Pokemon
    < --- >

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Started a new game again, after Brawly beat me, again. I don't want to give up. So I'm on Route 102 now and I have a Treecko (female again) as well as, unsurprisingly, a Zigzagoon and a Poochyena. It would really have been great to get a Ralts for Brawly, but hopefully I'll run into a Tailow later... and not have it knocked out before I get to the second gym leader. No deaths so far, and I'm beginning to train up my Zigzagoon.

My current team:
    Zigzagoon level 4
    Treecko level 8
    Poochyena level 8

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

A huge update I have here, as I have 6 Medals now, and I am in front of the door of Tate&Liza's Gym. Aurum the Aron has already evolved twice, and Noisy evolved into Exploud!

After reaching Fallarbor Town...

- Explored Route 114, caught a Swablu (Nube) and reached Meteor Falls.
    - Confronted Team Magma there. Caught a Solrock (Calor), and went to Route 115, where I beat a few trainers.
    - Got a Blue Flute at Route 113.
    - Destroyed Team Magma at Mt. Chimney with ease, bought quite a few Lava Cookies. (Peeko defeated Camerupt).
    - Went through the Jagged Pass, catching a Machop (Cachas). Got to Lavaridge Town.
    - There I got Wynaut's egg, which I hatched at Mt. Chimney. I named it Whynot? At Mt. Chimney, I beat some trainer, and bought more Lava Cookies.
    - Went back to Lavaridge, and entered the Gym. Suffered a bit against Torkoal in the Sun because of Overheat, but Peeko managed to endure it. I got the 4th medal.
    - Went to the desert wuth my new glasses. Caught a Sandshrew there (Sandmouse).
    - Went to the Mirage Tower, where I caught a Trapinch (Antsand).
    - Went to Petalburg City, where I battled Norman. Sumo was close to death, but between him and Aurom we managed to win. got HM 03 (Surf)
    - Explored a lot using Surf (The Abandoned Ship, New Mauville and a few Routes). Caught Blue, the Taillow, at Route 115. Hot TM 36 Sludge Bomb, TM 13 Ice Beam, and TM 24 Thunderbolt. Caught a Voltorb (Atleti) at New Mauville.
    - Went to the Trick House. In Route 110, I was close to losing Peeko, due to the Pokéfan's Plusle, whose Spark hurt Peeko a lot.
    - After that I went to Route 118, where I killed a Manectric accidentally. Explored Route 123 to get a few Berries.
    - Went to Route 119, where I caught Tropius (Bananas). I defeated Team Aqua and the Rival (Got HM 02 Fly). Reached Fortree City.
    - Went to Route 120, where I caught an Absol (Disaster). Got the Devon Scope and went back to Fortree.
    - I beat Winona. Aurum the Lairon survived an Altaria's EQ after a Dragon Dance! Got the 6th Medal.
    - Explored Route 120 (a trainer's Manectric almost killed my best Pokémon (Crobat) with Thunder!), and reached Route 121, where I caught a Shuppet (Muneco).
    - Explored the other part of Route 123, to beat some trainers.
    - Went to Mt. Pyre, where I caught a Duskull (Night) and beat Team Aqua easily. Got the Magma Symbol.
    - Reached Lilycove City, where I swept the Rival, using Crobat.
    - Went back to the Jagged Pass. Entered Magma Hideout.
    - Beat all the Team Magma members there, and caught a Geodude (Tardon)
    - Went to Team Aqua Hideout, to know that their leader was at Slateport. Saw how the submarine was stolen.
    - Went back to Team Aqua hideout, where I beat all the trainers and got the Master Ball.
    - Surfed to Mossdeep City, beating all the trainers I saw. Caught a Sharpedo (Sharky) here.
    - Explored all the possible water routes, reaching Pacifidlog Town. Explored Shoal Cave, where I caught a Spheal (Bola).
    - Caught a Corphish (Cangri) at Petalburg using the Super Rod. Edited Crobat's nickname at Slateport as well.
    - Went back to Mossdeep to challenge the Gym.
    - Not a single Pokémon has died since my victory in Brawly's Gym. That doesn't mean anything, though, as now the game will turn more complicated, and I must be ready for losses.

Current team:

Aggron (Aurum) Lv 11-42
    Crobat (Cruelbat) Lv 9-43
    Hariyama (Sumo) Lv 9-43
    Exploud (Noisy) Lv 6-43
    Pelipper (Peeko) Lv 12-43
    Sharpedo (Sharky) Lv 33

Dead Pokémon:

Poochyena Lv 2-4
    Grovyle (Geek) Lv 5-19
    Lombre Lv 3-18
    Azumarill Lv 5-18

PC:

Cascoon (Capulli) Lv 5
    Torkoal (Fastest) Lv 15
    Swablu (Nube) Lv 15
    Solrock (Calor) Lv 16
    Machop (Cachas) Lv 21
    Wynaut (Whynot?) Lv 5
    Trapinch (Antsand) Lv 22
    Sandshrew (Sandmouse) Lv 21
    Tropius (Bananas) Lv 27
    Absol (Disaster) Lv 25
    Shuppet (Muneco) Lv 28
    Voltorb (Atleti) Lv 24
    Geodude (Tardon) Lv 30
    Taillow (Blue) Lv 23
    Duskull (Night) Lv 30
    Spheal (Bola) Lv 30
    Corphish (Cangri) Lv 30

Daycare:

Oddish (Arbusto) Lv 13-38
    Numel (Torpe) Lv 16-36

Uncatchable Pokémon:

Any of the ones listed above or their evolutions.
    Zigzagoon-Linoone: A Zigzagoon appeared at Route 101 before I got the Poké Balls.
    Tentacool-Tentacruel: Missed catching Tentacool at Route 106.
    Electrike-Manectric: Missed catching Manectric at Route 118.
    Last edited by Swoobat; 23rd December 2012 at 11:03 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 2191-8109-9121. Friend Safari: Flying: Swanna / Spearow / Hawlucha. PM me so that I can add you!

Starting a LG nuzlocke with Chaarmander named Jalapeno. Every pokemon nicknamed after food. Dupes clause is on.

Spoiler:- Team:

Another Update!!

Ok, I left the last time at the door of Tate&Liza's Gym. Here's what has happened:

- I entered the Gym, and beat all the trainers there. then I reched the leaders, and in a very hard fight, I managed to beat them without losing Pokémon. Peeko's Surf was really important, as I couldn't afford to risk Aggron due to possible Earthquakes from Claydol and Solrock.
    - With the 7th medal, I went to challenge Team Magma at Mossdeep. Even behind Metang's Reflect, Camerupt did a Critical Hit (nulifying the barrier) and left Noisy with Red HP. Fortunately, I healed it, and the battle wasn't complicated after that.
    - Got HM 08 Dive. Taught it to Sharky.
    - Went to the Trick House.
    - Explored the underwater, getting shards and Heart Scales. Caught a Clamperl (PearlFey)
    - Went to the Abandoned Ship now with Dive.
    - Went to face Team Aqua at the Seafloor Cavern. This was easy.
    - After beating Team Aqua, I went to Soothopolis, where I found Kyogre and Groudon fighting.
    - Met Wallace at the Cave of Origin.
    - Went to the Sky Pillar, where I caught a Sableye (Eyes), and woke Rayquaza.
    - Went back to Soothopolis with the situation fixed (Got HM 07 Waterfall)
    - Entered the Gym. Beat all the trainers there.
    - Then I fought Juan. The Kingdra was amazingly hard to beat, due to continous Double Teams, but Noisy managed to hit it with Screech and then with Hyper Beam (the 5th Hyper Beam), OHKOing it. The other Pokémon were pieces of cake for Sumo and Cruelbat.
    - Went to the Trick House.
    - Explored the Meteor Falls using Waterfall.
    - Went to Ever Grande City.
    - Entered the Victory Road. I had to left Sumo at the PC, because I needed two HM Slaves (Tropius and Sharky, so I explored the Victory Road without her.
    - Beat Wally easily.
    - Reached the end of the cave, especially suffering against the trainers that used Skill Swap to remove Slaking's Truant.
    - Now I am training a lot, because in normal situations I wouldn't mind entering the Pokémon League for training and losing, but here I can't lose. I'll have to train them a few more levels. I'll also use a Bellossom for the Pokémon League, the Oddish I have at the daycare.
    - Not a single loss since Brawly!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current team:

Aggron (Aurum) Lv 11-53
    Crobat (Cruelbat) Lv 9-53
    Hariyama (Sumo) Lv 9-53
    Exploud (Noisy) Lv 6-53
    Pelipper (Peeko) Lv 12-53
    Sharpedo (Sharky) Lv 33

Dead Pokémon:

Poochyena Lv 2-4 (A Critical Tackle from a Zigzagoon killed it)
    Grovyle (Geek) Lv 5-19 (Brawly's Makuhita killed it)
    Lombre Lv 3-18 (Brawly's Makuhita killed it)
    Azumarill Lv 5-18 (Brawly's Makuhita killed it)

PC:

Cascoon (Capulli) Lv 5
    Torkoal (Fastest) Lv 15
    Swablu (Nube) Lv 15
    Solrock (Calor) Lv 16
    Machop (Cachas) Lv 21
    Wynaut (Whynot?) Lv 5
    Trapinch (Antsand) Lv 22
    Sandshrew (Sandmouse) Lv 21
    Tropius (Bananas) Lv 27
    Absol (Disaster) Lv 25
    Shuppet (Muneco) Lv 28
    Voltorb (Atleti) Lv 24
    Geodude (Tardon) Lv 30
    Taillow (Blue) Lv 23
    Duskull (Night) Lv 30
    Spheal (Bola) Lv 30
    Corphish (Cangri) Lv 30
    Clamperl (PearlFey) Lv 20
    Sableye (Eyes) (Lv 33)

Daycare:

Oddish (Arbusto) Lv 13-43
    Numel (Torpe) Lv 16-41

Uncatchable Pokémon:

Any of the ones listed above or their evolutions.
    Zigzagoon-Linoone: A Zigzagoon appeared at Route 101 before I got the Poké Balls.
    Tentacool-Tentacruel: Missed catching Tentacool at Route 106.
    Electrike-Manectric: Missed catching Manectric at Route 118.
    Last edited by Swoobat; 25th December 2012 at 10:44 AM.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast