Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Lg Nuzlocke, Failed grrrr I hate gary
    Check out my new game!
    Also how can I change this from showing the actual url to my own text?

Claimed:Still Speedin' By Sway
    Gangnam Style By Psy
    Biggoron Zelda Series

Default Ruby Nuzlocke!

Hey guys! Me, Drummerdude and Snivy Trainer will all be starting a Nuzlocke game together! I am playing Ruby, and they are playing the other 2 3rd generation games.

My rules:
    -1st Pokemon caught in a route (only counts after I receive Pokeballs);
    -Pokemon faints, dies (obviously)
    -No repeats (unless it faints)
    -Nicknames, so the bond is stronger

As usual, I started in a truck. I set the time, and got a Potion. Then mom told me to go see Dad in Petalburg Town. But first, I should go see Prof. Birch. Since I'm a tough son of a mother though, I broke into my neighbor's house to check out the hot daughter. I left and heard screams, and Prof. Birch was being attacked by a Poochyena. I took Torchic, because Ruby is red and that's what we themed our starters on. Then the Poochyena went down! We left to the lab, and I nicknamed my Torchic RoastChick, cuz that's how I roll. I then left to go find May. I easily defeated her, went back, got a Pokedex and my journey was starting! Route 1 finally. The first Pokemon I saw was a male Wurmple. Aaaand it's dead -.- Went to the second route to try and catch one, Zigzagoon. I managed to catch it, and called it Numero Uno. Then it was time to train her. First battle, I was battling a Poochyena. IT GOT 2 FREAKING CRITICAL HITS! 2 CRITICAL HITS?!?!??!? SERIOUSLY?!?!??! RIP Numero Uno. RoastChick got revenge though. Well I created a Death Box and deposited Numero Uno in it Then in the next route, I saw another Wurmple. Ok, let's try again... omfg RoastChick got a freaking critical hit. Like wtf. Did everything in Petalburg Town, then, time for Route 104... Another Wurmple? lol I'm gonna kill it I bet. I didn't... Awesome! I caught it! FINALLY :O I nicknamed him Pumpkin. I stopped and saved.

Spoiler:- Ruby Nuzlocke Team::

Spoiler:- Deaths::

Like TheSirPeras said, I'll be doing a Nuzlocke on Sapphire. I'll also use the same rules TheSirPeras is using.

I did the beginning up to picking a starter and chose Mudkip (Skipper) to stick to the theme we have. I then headed to Route 103 on Birch's request and battled May and got lucky with a critical hit against her Treecko. Once I returned to Birch's lab and got Pokeball's I headed to Route 101 and encountered a Wurmple. I almost knocked it out but managed to catch it and named it Wonderworm. I trained it a little before going back to Route 103 and finding a Poochyena there (Cerberus). I trained all 3 Pokemon on Routes 101 and Route 103 before taking a break on Route 102.

Sapphire Nuzlocke
    Skipper Lv9
    Wonderworm Lv6
    Cerberus Lv6
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

After I caught Pumpkin, I decided to train it. I grinded it to level 10, after an evolution. It finally evolved into a Dustox! I wanted a Beautifly, but oh well. Then I beat every trainer in Route 104. I headed into the Petalburg Woods and caught myself a Shroomish, which I called Dojo. I trained him to level 11, and now my team was levels 13, 11 and 10 (Torchic, Dustox and Shroomish respectively). Then, in the woods, this guy came to me, but this Team Magma Grunt came and we battled him. Dojo beat him easily. Dojo is going on a spree here, beating every trainer in the woods! I left, and received Bullet See, which I taight taught to Dojo. I didn't catch anything after that because it's still route 104. We then arrived in Rustboro City!

Oh and for my repeats rule, I'm stopping the "unless it faints" part. I don't wanna have the same Pokemon if it dies, I want to use only different
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 3rd January 2013 at 5:14 PM.

So after seeing this thread, I had an extreme urge to do a Nuzlocke Challenge on my Emerald. Bear with me this is my first time doing a Nuzlocke challenge so I might make a mistake, but I read the rules thoroughly so I should be fine. So here is where I stand at the moment:
    - Started the game and chose Torchic (Praise) for my starter.
    - Saw the Zigzagoon on 101 so I can't catch anything on that Route.
    - Saw a Wingull on Route 102 before I fought May so that's 2 in a row I couldn't catch (What a great start).
    - Fought May, got the Pokeballs (finally).
    - Caught a Poochyena (Kooper) on Route 103.
    - Caught a Wurmple (Ophelia) on Route 104, now a Dustox.
    - Caught a Slakoth (forgot to nickname, currently resides in my PC) in Petalburg Woods
    - After leaving the Woods, I caught a Marill, unaware it was the same Route as before, so I released it (wasted my Greatball. WOO!)
    - Too afraid to try the gym, so I decided to train in the Route after it.
    - First encounter, an Abra. Failed to catch.
    - Trained like crazy. I've never spent 3 hours before the first gym.
    - Caught Whismur (Rhythm) in Rusturf Tunnel.
    - Used my Combusken to win easily against Roxanne.
    - Went to Dewford town, where I was given the Old Rod which I used to fish up a Tentacool (Mizu) and catch it.
    - Caught a Zubat (Uryuu) in Granite Cave. Now I'm deciding if different floors of caves should count as a different route...

So, yeah. I'm afraid to fight Brawly in fear that I'll lose some of my Pokemon, since his Makuhita is a total pain. I'll probably have to train Ophelia and hope Confusion can take him down. I think I'm doing decent for my first Nuzlocke challenge so far.

Spoiler:- Current Team:

Spoiler:- Deaths:

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Ehh, it's up to you whether the floors are different areas or not. If you're really afraid of Brawly, I'd say count them differently; then, you might get a Sableye, and not a single one of his Pokčmon can do any damage to it whatsoever. They only have Normal, Fighting, and Psychic attacks, and Sableye's immune to all three. I think one or two of the gym trainers might have Foresight, which would make it weak to Fighting instead of immune, but I know none of Brawly's Pokčmon have it, and it wouldn't be too hard to just switch to another Pokčmon as soon as Foresight is used.
    I don't have a signature because I can't think of anything interesting to put in it. But hey, better than an enormous ugly banner that takes five seconds to scroll past, right?

We did everything we could do in Rustboro City, and then went up to Route 116, where we caught a Whismur. Called it Joel. We then decided to have a grinding session. We got RoastChicken to 16, which means Torchic evolved. Then we got Dojo, Pumpkin and Joel to level 15. That done, we went in the gym with Dojo up front. He OHKO'd every Pokemon until Nosepass, which went down after a good fight. Dojo was now level 17. We left the gym and saw 1 team magma grunt run away after stealing some stuff and went after him. Turns out he also stole a Wingull. We chased him, battled him, beat him with Joel, and got the stuff back. We got a reward after getting the stuff back, a Pokenav! We left Rustboro and headed south to Dewford, and when we arrived there, we saved.

As probably expected, I'm doing a Nizcloke as well. As everyone expects, I'm using Emerald and I started with Treecko, which I called Geek. I trained Geek to level 8, and then beat May. Got Pokeballs and got to level 9. I caught a Zigzagoon, failed to capture a Wurmple on the route above Ordale (don't expect me to know the routes) and then Zigzagoon fainted to a crit from a Poocheyena, which I caught and named Chomp. Got Chomp to level 7, and went and did Petalburg and all that. Caught a Wingull named WingZ, and trained her and Chomp to level 9, as with Geek. Failed to capture a Shroomish in Petalburg Woods, and went through to Rustoboro. Caught a Nincada on route 116 (hey!!) and a Whismur in the Whismur Cave. I'm going to train Whismur, who I called RokkU. I got my team to level 13 (except Geek) and let Geek and WingZ conquer the gym. Roxxane went down easily enough. I saved, and finished for today.

Team (no pictures today, will do at some point):
    Geek (Treecko) Level 14
    WingZ (Wingull) Level 13
    Chomp (Poocheyena) Level 13

In the box (either to be used or otherwise):
    RokkU (Whismur) Level 7
    Bugzee (Nincada) Level 7

Dead:
    Zigzagoon

Ok, I have a little update here, with minor things that will get to be important (Emerald Nuzlocke Challenge). I have a few questions in the last line of the the list, so please, if someone can help, I'd appreciate it.

- Went to Route 114 and got a Rare Candy using Waterfall.
    - Took Arbusto the Oddish from the Daycare at Lv 44 and evolved it into Gloom, and then in the end I decided to go for Vileplume, who has a better Special Attack stat.
    - Bought 10 Calciums in Slateport and gave them to Vileplume.
    - Left Bola the Spheal at the Daycare.
    - Went to Route 115 to fight the Black Belt there until I got to use Thief on its Machamp with Crobat, getting a Black Belt for Sumo.
    - I was REALLY lucky at the desert, where the 5th wild Cacnea was holding the Poison Barb, I gave it to Crobat.
    - Torpe the Numel and Bola the Spheal had an egg! I hatched it, just for curiosity, and the Numel that was born from it knew Body Slam! I put this Numel in the Invalid box with Castform.
    - Caught a Natu (Chica) in the Safari Zone (Don't know why I left that place behind..., I know I couldn't enter at first, but I've had plenty of time to go...)
    - I have kept training with Route 117 trainers (if someone knows a faster place, I'd be grateful), as until everything reaches lv 58 (including Vileplume) I won't battle the E4, because I don't want to fail at the end of the challenge. What do you recommend me, train more, or should the E4 be easy for my team? This time I give you the attacks of my team, so that you can help me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current team:

Aggron (Aurum) Lv 11-55 Rock Head / Quick Claw / Double-Edge, Iron Tail, Earthquake, Cut.
    Crobat (Cruelbat) Lv 9-56 Inner Focus / Poison Barb / Sludge Bomb, Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Thief.
    Hariyama (Sumo) Lv 9-55 Thick Fat / Black Belt / Brick Break, Strength, Fake Out, Arm Thrust.
    Exploud (Noisy) Lv 6-55 Soundproof / Silk Scarf / Return, Hyper Beam, Rock Smash, Screech.
    Pelipper (Peeko) Lv 12-55 Keen Eye / Mystic Water / Surf, Ice Beam, Wing Attack, Fly.
    Vileplume (Arbusto) Lv 13-49 Chlorophyll / Miracle Seed / Petal Dance, Toxic, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder

Dead Pokémon:

Poochyena Lv 2-4 (A Critical Tackle from a Zigzagoon killed it)
    Grovyle (Geek) Lv 5-19 (Brawly's Makuhita killed it)
    Lombre Lv 3-18 (Brawly's Makuhita killed it)
    Azumarill Lv 5-18 (Brawly's Makuhita killed it)

PC:

Cascoon (Capulli) Lv 5
    Magikarp (Uselesful) Lv 7
    Torkoal (Fastest) Lv 15
    Spinda (Giraruleta) Lv 15
    Swablu (Nube) Lv 15
    Solrock (Calor) Lv 16
    Machop (Cachas) Lv 21
    Wynaut (Whynot?) Lv 5
    Trapinch (Antsand) Lv 22
    Sandshrew (Sandmouse) Lv 21
    Tropius (Bananas) Lv 27
    Absol (Disaster) Lv 25
    Shuppet (Muneco) Lv 28
    Voltorb (Atleti) Lv 24
    Geodude (Tardon) Lv 30
    Taillow (Blue) Lv 23
    Duskull (Night) Lv 30
    Sharpedo (Sharky) Lv 33
    Corphish (Cangri) Lv 30
    Clamperl (PearlFey) Lv 20
    Sableye (Eyes) Lv 33
    Natu (Chica) Lv 25

Daycare:

Spheal (Bola) Lv 30-34
    Numel (Torpe) Lv 16-45

Uncatchable Pokémon:

Any of the ones listed above or their evolutions.
    Zigzagoon-Linoone: A Zigzagoon appeared at Route 101 before I got the Poké Balls (and not the one that attacked Birch, as I didn't count that one, it appeared in the grass)
    Tentacool-Tentacruel: Missed catching Tentacool at Route 106.
    Electrike-Manectric: Missed catching Manectric at Route 118.

Also, I wanted to mention that I may start a Nuzlocke in Pokémon XD quite soon...
    Last edited by Swoobat; 5th January 2013 at 12:31 AM.
    I am Spanish, so my English isn't very good.

Spoiler:- Completed Challenges:

3DS Friend Code: 2191-8109-9121. Friend Safari: Flying: Swanna / Spearow / Hawlucha. PM me so that I can add you!

My Route 103 encounter was a Zigzagoon but a critical hit knocked it out. Oh well. I continued along the route and watched as WonderWorm evolved into Silcoon! I trained a little more and then headed to Petalburg and watched Wally capture Ralts. I then went to Route 104 and captured a Zigzagoon (Ughghgh, based off my reaction to encountering it). I skipped the few trainers and went to the Petalburg Woods. I was really hoping for a Shroomish or a Slakoth but ended up with a Taillow (Cheeky, I don't why). Cheeky led against most of the trainers in the Petalburg Woods and on Route 4. Before I knew it I was in Rustboro. I grabbed Cut and then went to Route 116 and found a Nincada (Sweeney). I beat the trainers and trained Skipper, WonderWorm (who evolved into Beautifly), Cerberus, and Cheeky to Lv15 and decided to go ahead and evolve Skipper. Once I had Marshtomp I went to the gym.

Since my four main Pokemon were 15-16 I was condident that I would easily win. I started with WonderWorm against Roxanne's Geodude and used Absorb. Geodude survived with only a sliver of health left before using Rock Tomb. I covered WonderWorm's Health Bar with my thumb because I knew what was about to happen. WonderWorm fainted. Skipper more than compensated for WonderWorm's loss by beating both Geodude and Nosepass with Water Gun. I got my badge, but at a steep price. As I left the gym I saw a man who I helped in the Petalburg Woods being harassed by a Team Aqua member. I took off and captured a Whismur (Earily) in the Rusturf Tunnel after beating the Team Aqua grunt. After getting stuff in Violet City I visited Mr Briney and took off to Dewford Town. I went to the Granite Cave and captured a Makuhita (Punchy) and trained it before taking a break.

Sapphire Nuzlocke
    Skipper Lv17
    Cerberus Lv16
    Cheeky Lv15
    Punchy Lv12
    Sweeney Lv8

Spoiler:- PC:

Ok, I finally did it!!! I have beaten the E4!!! Sydney was way easy, Peeko destroyed Mightyena, Sumo beat Absol, Crobat won against Shiftry and Cacturne, and Vileplume did well against Crawdaunt.

Pheobe killed Peeko with Banette!!! I didn't remember it had Thunderbolt and... The battle was otherwise easy with Exploud's Shadow Ball.

Glacia was KO'ed with Sumo, all her team OHKOed with Brick Break with the exception of Walrein (2HKOed)

Drake's Salamence killed Aurum! A critical Flamethrower. Also, Crobat suffered against Flygon, due to continuous burning with Flamethrower. Exploud's Hyper Beam helped with Salamence, and Crobat had enough bulk to attack and heal three or four turns later. I wanted to use Peeko's Ice Beam here, but he had died, so I had to chage my plans...

And Wallace wasn't difficult, with Exploud beating Wailord, Crobat stalling Milotic until it ran out of Ice Beam, for Vileplume to beat it. Crobat beat Ludicolo, Vileplume did well with Sleep Powder, Giga Drain and Petal Dance against Whiscash, Milotic and Gyarados. Sumo destroyed Tentacruel with Strength.

So I suppose it's over, because I don't think I'll grind 15 levels for Steven Stone. I have enjoyed a lot this 1st Nuzlocke, it will not be the last one...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL TEAM:

Crobat (Cruelbat) Lv 9-58 Inner Focus / Poison Barb / Sludge Bomb, Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Thief.
    Hariyama (Sumo) Lv 9-57 Thick Fat / Black Belt / Brick Break, Strength, Fake Out, Arm Thrust.
    Exploud (Noisy) Lv 6-56 Soundproof / Silk Scarf / Return, Hyper Beam, Shadow Ball, Screech.
    Vileplume (Arbusto) Lv 13-57 Chlorophyll / Miracle Seed / Petal Dance, Toxic, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder.

Dead Pokémon:

Poochyena Lv 2-4 (A Critical Tackle from a Zigzagoon killed it)
    Grovyle (Geek) Lv 5-19 (Brawly's Makuhita killed it)
    Lombre Lv 3-18 (Brawly's Makuhita killed it)
    Azumarill Lv 5-18 (Brawly's Makuhita killed it)
    Pelipper (Peeko) Lv 12-56 (Died against Phoebe's Banette)
    Aggron (Aurum) Lv 11-56 (A critical Flamethrower from Drake's Salamence killed it)

PC:

Cascoon (Capulli) Lv 5
    Magikarp (Uselesful) Lv 7
    Torkoal (Fastest) Lv 15
    Spinda (Giraruleta) Lv 15
    Swablu (Nube) Lv 15
    Solrock (Calor) Lv 16
    Machop (Cachas) Lv 21
    Wynaut (Whynot?) Lv 5
    Trapinch (Antsand) Lv 22
    Sandshrew (Sandmouse) Lv 21
    Tropius (Bananas) Lv 27
    Absol (Disaster) Lv 25
    Shuppet (Muneco) Lv 28
    Voltorb (Atleti) Lv 24
    Geodude (Tardon) Lv 30
    Taillow (Blue) Lv 23
    Duskull (Night) Lv 30
    Sharpedo (Sharky) Lv 33
    Corphish (Cangri) Lv 30
    Clamperl (PearlFey) Lv 20
    Sableye (Eyes) Lv 33
    Natu (Chica) Lv 25

Daycare:

Spheal (Bola) Lv 30-36
    Numel (Torpe) Lv 16-46

Uncatchable Pokémon:

Any of the ones listed above or their evolutions.
    Zigzagoon-Linoone: A Zigzagoon appeared at Route 101 before I got the Poké Balls (and not the one that attacked Birch, as I didn't count that one, it appeared in the grass)
    Tentacool-Tentacruel: Missed catching Tentacool at Route 106.
    Electrike-Manectric: Missed catching Manectric at Route 118.

Hall of Fame:

Last edited by Swoobat; 2nd September 2013 at 11:32 PM.
    I am Spanish, so my English isn't very good.

Spoiler:- Completed Challenges:

3DS Friend Code: 2191-8109-9121. Friend Safari: Flying: Swanna / Spearow / Hawlucha. PM me so that I can add you!

Congrats on a successful Nuzlocke Swoobat!!

I continued training Punchy and evolved Cerberus before returning to Granite Cave and going through to deliver the letter to Steven. Then I went through the gym and swept the place, including Brawly, with Cheeky's Wing Attack. Easy. I went to Slateport and skipped the trainers on the beach to go to Route 110 and catch a new Pokemon. I found and captured an Electrike (Puppee) and slapped the newly acquired Exp Share on it before returning to the beach and battling the trainers. I got into the museum Team Aqua was at and beat two grunts before they all fled.

With nothing left to do I went back to Route 110 and battled some trainers before exploring the Trick House . I got through and then battled May. I tried using Electrike but a single Water Gun took out half of its HP so I swapped out Punchy and beat it with Vital Throw. Skipper defeated Numel with Water Gun and Cheeky beat Grovyle with Wing Attack. I trained a little after the battle and evolved Cheeky before taking a break.

Sapphire Nuzlocke
    Skipper Lv21
    Cerberus Lv19
    Cheeky Lv22
    Punchy Lv20
    Puppee Lv17

Good job, Swoobat!

Well everything just went downhill for me after I make one bad decision.
    - Decided not to count different floors of caves as different routes.
    - Beat Brawly with ease.
    - Went to Slateport, fought everyone there.
    - Caught a Electrike (Akeno-chan) lv: 12.
    - Trained for a bit. This is where it went all wrong
    - Thought to myself, "I don't like training here with all of these electric types. I want a better training place. Lets fight May!"
    - Took out her Lombre easily.
    - She sent out Marshtomp. I switched my Combusken out to heal him. Apparently ground type moves are super effective on Tentacool. Did not know that... Lost Mizu.
    - Attempted to take out Marshtomp using my Combusken. Marshtomp used mud shot on me, it took more than half of my health and it lowered my speed. I was hoping it didn't lower my speed enough for it to be faster than me, or that my quick claw would activate, unfortunately Marshtomp became faster and knocked out Combusken (NO!).
    - Used Electrike's Quick Attack to knock out Marshtomp.
    - Paralyzed Slugma hoping it would give me a chance to attack it. Nope. It kept using Yawn so I was constantly switching out to avoid falling asleep. It finally gave me an opening when it defeated my Poochyena with one hit. Finally beat May after losing 3 Pokemon in one fight.
    - I reached Mauville City where I fought Wally and his Ralts and crit him with my Zubat's Bite.
    - Since I lost 3 Pokemon from May, I went to Route 117 to catch another Pokemon. I ran into and caught an Oddish (Yasai) lv: 14.
    - back-tracked a tiny bit to fight a fisherman on the previous route, thinking he had nothing but Magikarp. Here was my second mistake.
    - Defeated his Tentacool with my Dustox pretty easily. Then he sent out his trump card. Wailmer.
    - Wailmer began to use to use Rollout. I quickly switched out to save my Dustox. My Oddish was sent out to hopefully knock it out with a grass-type advantage. Again, nope.
    - The Rollout of Wailmer was too strong at that point for Oddish to handle. I was hoping Oddish was faster and could Absorb some HP to survive the hit. It wasn't.
    - Sent out Dustox again since I KNEW it was faster. Left Wailmer with a little fraction of an HP before Rollout overpowered me. Lost Dustox there.
    - My Electrike saved the day again with Quick Attack. Then, to my dismay, he sent out another Wailmer.
    - Electrike didn't have an electric type attack at this time, so I switched to Zubat to use supersonic.
    - Luckily, Supersonic did its job and kept Wailmer from keeping Rollout on.
    - Finally won that battle and lost 2 Pokemon in the process.

OK so now my team is very small compared to before. Who knew I would have lost 5 Pokemon in one go? That was a painful day. I really need to stick to this place and just train for awhile. I currently have no advantages over Wattson so I'm not sure how I'll win this one, or if I'll fail my first Nuzlocke.

Spoiler:- Current Team:

I will miss you all dearly.
        Spoiler:- Dead:

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Just recently finished my first Nuzlocke run for Emerald. Went pretty well, but wish I could have done it without any deaths. I decided to take whatever I encountered first regardless of whether I had caught it or not. This resulted in a about 5 Poochyena, but did allow for a second electrode. I did not use nicknames because it takes me forever to make my mind and I did not want to have to do it 20+ times.

Final Team

Lv. 59
    Lv. 56
    Lv. 59
    Lv. 55
    Lv. 58
    Lv. 25

Deaths:

Lv. 9 (foddered by something)
    Lv. 32 (Killed by Norman's Linoone after it Belly Drummed)
    Lv. 19 (Killed by a Breloom)
    Lv. 30 (Killed by Lv. 37 Dodrio while grinding)

E4 went down much easier than expected, but I probably should not have abused the terrible AI.

Once in Dewford, we went directly to the Granite Cave where we killed a Geodude (wouldn't even be helpful anyways) and we delivered the letter to Steven. Once that was done, it was training time! First Shroomish, then Combusken, then Whismur and finally Dustox. All to level 18, and Dustox at level 17. Then, I entered the gym with Dustox up front, beat 2 trainers and went to Brawley.
    First up was Dustox agaisnt Machop. I was faster and used a mix of Confusion and Gust. He healed, and the battle went on until I beat Machop, after taking an amount of damage. Then it was Makuhita... I switched to Combusken because I am faster, and awesome Peck does half damage!! He uses Bulk Up and I get a CRITICAL HIT!! YES!!!! Brawley defeated, 2nd badge upon me!! So happy I didn't lose anyone!! xD After that I healed and went to Slateport City by boat.

I continued through Route 110 until I reached Mauville City. The first thing I did was go west onto Route 117 and I found a Roselia (MossEisley). I considered adding it to the team until I saw that it had a Careful nature. Every Pokemon has a crappy nature! I beat all the trainers on the route and then went east of Mauville and beat the couple of trainers there. Next was the Winstrates and apart from a close call thanks to that Meditite it wasn't bad. I let Cerberus take on Wally so it could finally be useful and then I went to the gym. Skipper and Punchy took on the gym trainers and then I went to Route 117 and evolved Punchy into Hariyama!

Wattson was ridiculously easy. Skipper used 3 Mudshots and knocked out all three of his Pokemon. I taught Rock Smash to Ughghgh and got Strength in the Rusturf Tunnel. I took a break afterwards.

Sapphire Nuzlocke
    Skipper Lv25
    Cerberus Lv21
    Cheeky Lv23
    Punchy Lv24
    Puppee Lv22

Ima start a nuzlocke on LG but with an extra rule;

If I have six pokemon on my team and I catch another one, I must use an RNG to see which pokemon it MUST replace.

Also once one of my six pokemon in my team die, I must use an RNG to see which pokemon I must get from my box. So basically if a bulbasaur died on my team of six pkmn, then I had a squirtle charmander & a pidgey in my box then I use an RNG to decide which ome I should get to replace bulbasaur.

~R~

Well, last update I arrived in Slateport. I got Joel aka Whismur up front, and beat most trainers in the beach with the occasional help of Shroomish. Finally in the city, I met the devon guy and then beat Team Magma, where Whismur evolved into Loudred! After, I healed and headed up. The first Pokemon I found there was a Gulpin, which I kicked twice with Combusken. Another Double Kick, and then I caught it I called it GOAL, and then trained all my Pokemon to level 20's around that. It's a pain to train GOAL. But Sludge did help, so it wasn't so bad at the end. It was pretty much 2hko's all the time. After I trained all my Pokemon to level 20, I battled May. I beat her pretty quickly, and it was really easy.

Last edited by TheSirPeras; 8th April 2013 at 11:11 PM.

I headed north and skipped the few trainers between Mauville and the Fiery Path. On Route 112 I captured a Numel (whose I can't remember for the life of me) and in the Fiery Path I captured a Slugma (Slucious). I decided to add Slucious to the team and once I did I began to train everyone on the trainers I skipped. I continued on and met a nice elderly lady who would heal my Pokemon so that made the battles much less terrifying. On Route 113 I found a Sandshrew (Unwanted) and then continued until I reached Fallarbor Town. I decided to take a little time to raise everyone on my team to Lv25 before taking a break. I am going to be ditching Cerberus soon, it's just too weak.

Sapphire Nuzlocke
    Skipper Lv26
    Cerberus Lv22
    Cheeky Lv25
    Punchy Lv25
    Puppee Lv25
    Slucious Lv25

Whelp I failed my silver nuzlocke now I'm playing a new nuzlocke with a twist. Crazy Dice Rules!

Go check out the first part of the series here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU8m5...ature=youtu.be

1st - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU8m5mrfv6w
    2nd - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT3SxM3WD4E
    3rd - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdy5MyLTaXo
    4th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU5QlKoCp7E
    5th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Zpdq97DWY
    6th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubvwNUOe_nU
    7th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae2c76Hcs0k
    8th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwZ42V8TGCM
    9th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBnuCgSi5Z4
    10th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k41btkMc_NI
    11th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytLBfgUbMpI
    12th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqkErOd1WKw

Rules

1) If your Pokémon faint, it's dead. Permabox. (Not release, because it conflicts with roll 20.)
    2) Unless rolled otherwise, you catch the first Pokémon in each area. Shinys are no exceptions. Gifts and special Pokémon may be used.
    3) No items may be bought unless rolled. (I completely forgot about this one so it doesn't apply, at least not in the beginning ='D)
    4) Every time you enter a new area (the Name change indicates what is a new area), you roll a die with 20 sides (or RNG it, whatever) before you do ANYTHING else. Act according to the list below:

1. Randomly (Dice) choose one of your Pokes. That Poke is now dead. Doesn't apply if you only have one poke.
    2. Swap one random Team member for a random box poke. Doesn't apply if you don't have boxed Pokes.
    3. Choose a random Poke from Team and box it, not replacing it until the next catch. Doesn't apply if you have only one Poke currently.
    4. Choose random Poke. You can only use this poke in this area, either until all quests are done or until it's dead.
    5. Choose random Poke. That Pokemon cannot ever evolve.
    6. This area, you can't choose to escape from Pokemon and must always continue fighting.
    7. This area, you can't choose to fight wild Pokemon and have to keep pressing escape. You can't heal, you can't switch, and you can't attack/status. (However, you may catch the first encounter normally.)
    8. You may not weaken any catches in this area and may only throw balls without attacking or statusing, but to compensate, you get four possible catches. If you catch all four, you may use all of them.
    9. No catches here.
    10. You may catch the first two encounters.
    11. You can't use the Pokecenter/free healing service in this area.
    12. May not use items in this area, except Pokéballs.
    13. You may purchase 5 items in this area. Doesn't apply if there is no shop.
    14. You may purchase 10 items in this area. Doesn't apply if there is no shop.
    15. Choose a random bag section, except Basic Items and TMs. Then choose a random item kind and throw away all individual items you have of that kind.
    16. Choose 5 individual items manually to throw away.
    17. Go through this area in one go, and do not return to any place before you have completed all quests.
    18. Whenever possible, use a Pokemon that is either defensively or offensively weak to the opposing Pokemon in this area.
    19. Nothing Happens.
    20. You may revive one of your dead Pokemon. You may not save this for later, even if you don't have any dead Pokémon yet.
    Last edited by BenjaminLDuco; 10th February 2013 at 12:31 AM.

OT: Fang
    ID: 09264

So, I’ve decided to attempt my first Nuzlocke on Firered after reading this entire thread about all of your journeys! I have always wanted to try, but I’ve been too afraid—but no more! I will stick my neck out and see how things go. XD So, without further ado: Let the journey begin!

For my first time, I’m just going to stick to the standard rules:
    • If a Pokémon faints, it is permaboxed
    • Nickname all Pokémon
    • Can only catch the first Pokémon on each route/cave/body of water
    • However, I will catch any shinies I come across, regardless of the previous rules. But, I will not use them if I had to break the rules to catch it.

Spoiler:- The Story:

Team:
    Leonard ♂
    Tackle | Tail Whip

Okay, I’m really sorry this post turned out so long. I was originally just going to do bullet points highlighting the important parts, but it kinda turned fanfic-ish really quickly. Let me know if you guys are even interested in reading it as a story and I’d probably continue to do so! ^__^
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zerrah.; 4th February 2013 at 12:05 AM.

[Pokemon Black]
    0346-9762-6114

Running with Wolves - A Trade Thread

I wish I didn't have to double post

OT: Fang
    ID: 09264
    Badges: 2
    Pokedex: 15

I played Firered for almost 8 hours yesterday, and let me tell you, I almost gave up on this Nuzlocke challenge. I thought I had everything worked out; that all those threads I've read of people's attempts had prepared me for the journey, but sadly, I was mistaken. And the most unfortunate part is that the reason it started to go downhill so badly wasn't entirely my fault. You see, besides a Rattata, the only Pokemon I had upon entering Mt. Moon were weak to Electricity. But since I hadn't seen an electric type yet, I thought I would be fine. Boy, was I wrong. But let me back track a bit, so you know my story:

Spoiler:- The Story - Part 2:

Team:
    Leonard ♂
    Level 20 | Bold | Torrent
    Mega Punch | Tail Whip | Water Gun | Bite

Lucian ♂
    Level 20 | Modest | Keen Eye
    Tackle | Sand-Attack | Gust | Quick Attack

Butters ♀
    Level 19 | Impish | CompoundEyes
    Tackle | PoisonPowder | Sleep Powder | Confusion

Gloomy ♂
    Level 21 | Calm | Chlorophyll
    Absorb | Sleep Powder | PoisonPowder | Stun Spore

Nala ♀
    Level 14 | Calm | Pickup
    Scratch | Growl | Bite

Dearly Departed:

I'm beginning to think I really can't help but write things long and drawn out. Sorry! ^_^;
    Last edited by Zerrah.; 5th February 2013 at 10:23 PM.

[Pokemon Black]
    0346-9762-6114

Running with Wolves - A Trade Thread

Coming fresh off a successful Platinum Nuzlocke, I'm going a bit more old-school with a Sapphire Nuzlocke. Without further ado . . .

Rules
    1. If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be boxed.
    2. Only the first Pokemon encountered in each new area can be caught.
    3. Duplicates are allowed.

Part 1: The Journey Begins
    - Ah, quaint little Littleroot Town, I love thee so. Though I still wonder how a truck got here when there are no roads. Just imagine all the Zigzagoon road-pizza on Route 101 . . .
    - Oh hey, a guy getting murdered by a tiny wolf-hyena thing. I'd better send in a gecko to save him.
    - Welcome to the team, brave Luke. I have a feeling we're gonna be good friends, especially after seeing the way you beat down that crazy Torchic.
    - Route 101: Caught a Wurmple (her name is Cherry)
    - Route 103: Luke killed a Poochyena with a critical-hit Absorb. Thanks a lot, Luke!
    - Route 102: Caught . . . Surskit. Honestly? Surskit has a 1% chance of appearing and is ABSOLUTE CRAP. Sure, this doesn't happen with the good rare Pokemon, only the bad ones. Er, sorry about that Skittles. I didn't mean to offend you. Honestly, I like Surskit, but if I try using her in the game, she'll get killed. Seriously, I tried training Skittles on Route 101. She was Lv. 4 and was nearly killed by a Lv. 2 Wurmple.
    - Cherry evolved into Silcoon while training.
    - I left off in Petalburg, getting ready to enter the Gym.

Team
    Luke Lv. 10 - Pound, Leer, Absorb
    Cherry Lv. 9 - Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting, Harden

Reserves
    Skittles
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 7th February 2013 at 5:00 AM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast