Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Hello everyone, it is me, ShinyMisty. I have once been here before, uploading my FireRed Run...or was it Leafgreen...I can't remember.
    But, anywho, I had also started posting my Crystal run here, as well (well, here on Serebii), however, I lost the safe file, so I could play no farther, and had a failed run of Platinum (or gave up)
    I have a Randomized SoulSilver run on the Nuzlocke Forums http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...757482/10/#new, almost done.
    I also had some 3rd Gen runs...but they all failed...^^;

But...this is not why I am here. You guys do not want to hear me babel on about my old runs, do you? No, we are here to talk about the runs we have going on today.
    And, I am here to bring my Nuzlocke run...of Pokemon XD, Gale of Darkness.

Yep. I took the liberty to try out Gale of Darkness, and I am not the first, nor the last person to tackle it. But, I will have myself some weird rules. So, here we go:
    1) If a Pokemon dies, it is considered dead and can no longer be used
    2) Because Pokemon XD has so little Pokemon and areas, the rule of one Pokemon per area has been eliminated! HOWEVER! The new rule is this:
    I must roll a die to see who I can and cannot use. If I get a 2, 4, or 6 (Heads), then I am able to use the Pokemon or put the Pokemon in the "On Hold" box. If I get a 1, 3, or 5 (Tails), then I must put the Pokemon in the "Locked" Box. If I run out of all Pokemon in the "On Hold" Box, I may go to the "Locked" Box, and role my die again to see if I can use any Pokemon. If I get tails again, to bad. I still cannot use that Pokemon
    Exp: Say I run into a Pikachu (I know you cannot catch a Pikachu, but still). I catch said Pikachu, and roll my die. Say I get...a 3. I am not aloud to use the Pikachu, and must put him into the "Locked" box. But, say I lose ALL of my Pokemon to a hard boss. I may roll my die to try to get that Pikachu. I get a 2 this time, so I can now use him.
    This prevents me from using the same, heavy hitting Pokemon.
    3) Must nick name all Pokemon...duh.
    4) Must try to catch each Shadow Pokemon I run into. If I lose out...ah well, Mirror B can help later on.

I call it the Dicelocke! I feel as though I am not the first person who made this up, but I think I might have made up the name x3

So...without anymore interruptions...

Day 1 of Pokemon XD Dicelocke:
    (I will give out natures and such tomorrow. I can't get them at the moment do to my game being in the living room...and I need to be asleep.)
    I start the game like every other, gaining my Male Eevee (Who is floating. xD.). I do the stupid hunt for my Sister, and I get to the point where the Professor dude gets stolen. And then,Teddiursa, Female!
    From a forced catch, I roll my die. 2! I get to keep Miss Teddiursa.

I really hate my "sister" though. I get to Gateon Port, and before doing anything else, I evolve my Eevee. Sure, it's my favorite Pokemon...but I want power over favorites. ...Yep. Jolteon. I chose Jolteon because you get virtually NO other Electric type...Jolteon it is.
    Still holding off to getting the parts I need to fix up...what ever it it, the purification thingy a-I don't even care; I go Shadow Hunting.
    Ledyba, female is next up, and with virtually no trouble catching her and roll the die...5. Poop. Into the box she goes. This makes me sad, because I LOVE Ledian. Though...she might not ever have the good Elemental Punches as she did in my Crystal run. *sigh* I miss you, Nyckelpiga.
    My next and last Shadow Pokemon is Poochyena, male, one of my personal favorite Dark types. It took a moment, but I caught him. I roll the die, and comes out 6. YES! . Let me try to keep you for a long time!

So, I go to Agate Village, and both Teddiursa and Poochyena's hearts go down to zero from fighting the people around them. Yay! I purify them, and happily name them both (along with nicknaming my Jolteon)
    Raku (based off of the word Rakurai, Japanese for Thunderbolt)
    Rose (Based off of one of the United States' Presidents, Theodore Roosevelt, who was also known as teddy. Becausde Teddiursa is a teddy bear.)
    Mighty. (Well...because he will be a Mightyena...and I want him to be strong and Mighty...yeah.)

I go to Mt. Battle, do all the stuff, gain some levels, Get to Cipher Lab...and turn back to level up. I had two level 12 Pokemon, and one level 15...I don't think I could take them.
    I saved at Mt Battle, after Trainer 15, and that is where my first day ends.

My team is this:

Spoiler:- On Hold:

Spoiler:- Locked (Cannot use):

Spoiler:- Dead:

And there you have it. Hoping to Arceus that no one will die...*takes deep breath*
    I have the chance for some intresting Pokemon coming up, like Houndour, Baltoy, and Spheal. Hoping for one of them. All in the luck of the dice.
    ~Mist
    Last edited by ShinyMisty; 6th February 2013 at 7:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyMisty View Post
    1) If a Pokemon dies, it is considered dead and can no longer be used
    2) Because Pokemon XD has so little Pokemon and areas, the rule of one Pokemon per area has been eliminated! HOWEVER! The new rule is this:
    I must roll a die to see who I can and cannot use. If I get a 2, 4, or 6 (Heads), then I am able to use the Pokemon or put the Pokemon in the "On Hold" box. If I get a 1, 3, or 5 (Tails), then I must put the Pokemon in the "Locked" Box. If I run out of all Pokemon in the "On Hold" Box, I may go to the "Locked" Box, and role my die again to see if I can use any Pokemon. If I get tails again, to bad. I still cannot use that Pokemon
    Exp: Say I run into a Pikachu (I know you cannot catch a Pikachu, but still). I catch said Pikachu, and roll my die. Say I get...a 3. I am not aloud to use the Pikachu, and must put him into the "Locked" box. But, say I lose ALL of my Pokemon to a hard boss. I may roll my die to try to get that Pikachu. I get a 2 this time, so I can now use him.
    This prevents me from using the same, heavy hitting Pokemon.
    3) Must nick name all Pokemon...duh.
    4) Must try to catch each Shadow Pokemon I run into. If I lose out...ah well, Mirror B can help later on.
    This is the best idea ever, do you mind if I do this after my XD scramble run.
    Me and my Husband(I finally got married!!!) share this PSN account.

Sure, go right ahead.

So...yeah...My day isn't complete, but I will be training for a while, at least until everything is said and done.

Day 2 of Pokemon XD Dicelocke:
    I train everyone to level 16, learning the natures as well:
    Modest (↑Special Attack, ↓Attack) OH YEAH! Amazing for a Joldeon...well, could be better, like raising speed, but STILL...If I knew it was this, I might have went with Espeon...Ah well.
    Gentle (↑Special Defense, ↓Defense) Could be better, but not complaining.
    Naive (↑Speed, ↓Special Defense) ...Eh...It's alright.

So I make my way to Cipher Lab, my die in hand, and start to battle the trainers...
    I fight the first one, with Houndour, and catch him with not much troubles. I roll my die...5. No Houndour for me.
    I heal, and go for the next Pokemon, Spheal. I had sent out Rose, because she has more HP and more Defense than Mighty...and she gets gained up on. Water gun, then Shadow Wave...
    Rose didn't stand a chance.
    R.I.P. Rose, Level 11 to Level 16. You were my first catch...but alas, you were also my first death.
    I catch the killer, and roll my die...3...&(%*^^*%. Locked up you go, Spheal.

So, after the lose of my First catch, I go back to Mt. Battle, and train to level 19...
    Which means...
    Mighty Evolved!

After another round with the second level Mt. Battle, I go in to catch my next Shadow Pokemon Baltoy, which didn't take long...3. I hate this place. *sigh* Locked up you go.
    And run into Mareep, catch Mareep, and roll a 5. I am alright with this, because I have Raku. Locked she goes.
    Then comes Gulpin, And Gulpin is caught...I though I got a 2...no. 3. THIS GAME HATES ME! Locked.
    My last chance, Seedot...who thought it was a fun idea to give this guy a full team of Pokemon, who are all level 9 besides his Shadow Pokemon. *face Palm* I catch her, Close my eyes, and roll. My luck changed; I got a 6.

Yeah, now I have a Seedot to train and purify. See you guys when that happens. Back to Mt. Battle.

Team:

Spoiler:- On Hold:

Spoiler:- Locked (Cannot Use):

Spoiler:- Dead:

~Mist
    Last edited by ShinyMisty; 6th February 2013 at 11:59 PM.

Part 2: Zigzagoon is a Criminal Mastermind
    - First things first, I met with Norman and witnessed Wally catching his Ralts. Such a touching scene of friendship . . . now let's get the heck out of here.
    - Route 104: Caught Wingull (Nigel).
    - Petalburg Woods: Caught Zigzagoon (Betty).
    - While training in Petalburg Woods, Cherry evolved again into Beautifly.
    - Hmm, mysterious strangers attacking people in the woods. That seems slightly suspicious. Betty sure taught his Poochyena a lesson :3
    - Into Rustboro . . . and right on through to keep training.
    - Route 116: Caught another Zigzagoon (Tina).
    - Rusturf Tunnel: Caught a . . . GASP! Whismur! Who could have seen this coming? His name is Boomer. Now that he's here, Skittles is resting in the box out of harm's way.
    - UBER-TRAINING MONTAGE!
    - I swear to Arceus, I got more items from my two Zigzagoon's Pickup than I've ever gotten before. And all that was in about a half-hour time period. During that time, Betty and Tina brought in a Full Heal, an Ultra Ball, and THREE RARE CANDIES. Seriously, Zigzagoon is now my new favorite Pokemon. Betty, Tina, thank you!
    - Next time, I'll be training up more before facing Roxanne.

Part 3: Two Badges for the Price of One, Grandma!
    - After doing more training, Luke evolved into Grovyle.
    - I finally took on Roxanne, sweeping the floor with her using Luke.
    - Oh great, that Team Aqua dingbat has returned. I'm not too keen on helping people, but I can't really pass up the opportunity to have Betty beat the crap out of his Poochyena again.
    - And now I'm a glorified errand boy. At least I get a GPS in exchange . . . wait a second, that's a crap deal. Why is the stupid President sending a letter to his grandson when he is HANDING OUT CELL PHONES TO CHILDREN? Just give the dang guy a call!
    - Ah, Dewford Town. One of my all time favorite towns from the Pokemon world, right up there with Olivine, Lilycove, and Sunyshore. The music is dang awesome too.
    - Granite Cave: Caught Makuhita (Molly).
    - I did a ton of training in Granite Cave before finding Steven and delivering his letter.
    - I took on Brawly's Gym and Nigel just ripped everything apart. Cherry also helped in Makuhita's downfall by poisoning it.
    - Lastly, I went to Slateport City and headed up to Route 110 to catch a new team member. I got an Electrike: his name is Tyson.

Team
    Luke Lv. 17 - Absorb, Quick Attack, Leer, Pound
    Nigel Lv. 16 - Water Gun, Wing Attack, Supersonic, Growl
    Betty Lv. 11 - Headbutt, Tail Whip, Growl, Tackle
    Boomer Lv. 13 - Uproar, Astonish, Pound
    Molly Lv. 17 - Arm Thrust, Tackle, Sand-attack, Vital Throw
    Tyson Lv. 12 - Tackle, Leer, Howl, Thunder Wave

Reserves

Cherry, Skittles, Tina
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 8th February 2013 at 5:40 AM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Here's my progress on a LeafGreen Nuzlocke I started last night. Just the two basic rules (because I have an awful Nuzlocke winning percentage when I start adding more difficulty rules).

Current location: St. Anne
    Badges: 2
    Time: 4-5 hours

Name: Raphael
    Level: 26
    Moves: Tackle/Water Pulse/Withdraw/Bite

Name: Princess
    Level: 25
    Moves: Whirlwind/Gust/Quick Attack/Sand Attack

Name: Cassandra
    Level: 23
    Moves: Poison Sting/Scratch/Dig/Sand Attack

Also in party for non-training purposes: Tov the Meowth (Pickup artist)

Currently at Daycare: Bella the Bellsprout

In storage: Drew the Caterpie, WormyBug the Weedle, Velvet the Rattata, Will the Magikarp, Isaac the Geodude

The story so far: I actually started this Nuzlocke by selecting Bulbasaur... who promptly died to Blue's Charmander in its very first battle. Ah well. I restarted and selected Raphael who made short work of Blue's Bulbasaur (I guess it wasn't the day to be a Bulbasaur). Raphael made short work Brock and his Rock/Ground types, and by the time I reached Misty, I had both Raphael and Princess trained up enough to take her down with ease. Leading up to Surge, I'm training up Cassandra to take him down with great ease (presumably).

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

SAPPHIRE NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE

Part 4: Crowning Achievements

- I got a lot of training done in Slateport City before heading off to the Oceanic Museum to challenge those weird goons from before.
    - The Aqua Grunts wanted to battle again, and this time they got their revenge . . . Tyson was killed by a critical-hit Bite from Carvanha. R.I.P. Tyson, I wish you could have been around longer.
    - Archie, I swear to you I shall avenge Tyson. Team Aqua will pay!
    - After heading north to Route 110 and took on May, who I beat without trouble. Luke beat Wailmer and Nigel beat Combusken and Shroomish.
    - Route 117: Caught Oddish (Marley).
    - While training around Mauville City and Verdanturf Town, Boomer evolved into Loudred and Molly evolved into Hariyama.
    - Molly proved herself a machine of destruction by sweeping Watson to get my third badge.
    - While heading north on Route 111, Nigel evolved into Pelipper. The Finding Nemo reference finally makes sense now that he's a pelican :P
    - Route 112: Caught Machop (Alice).
    - Fiery Path: Caught Torkoal (Kame).
    - Route 113: Caught Skarmory (Zan).
    - After finally reaching the Pokemon Center in Fallarbor Town, I considered bringing Kame and Zan to the team, but ultimately decided to keep Betty and Tina. It's true, the two are virtually useless in battles, but their Pickup has been invaluable. Today alone, they got me a boatload of Revives to sell, several Full Heals and Ultra Balls, a Protein, four Rare Candies, and TWO KING'S ROCKS. Yup, those two are okay in my book.
    - Route 114: Caught Swablu (Cumulus).
    - Meteor Cave: Caught Zubat (Batgirl).
    - It seems Team Aqua is up to no good again in Meteor Cave. And now Team Magma enters the scene . . . something tells me they're going to do more harm than good.
    - I went through Meteor Cave and did some training on the other side, and that's where I left off.

Team
    Luke Lv. 27 - Absorb, Fury Cutter, Pursuit, Quick Attack
    Nigel Lv. 27 - Water Gun, Wing Attack, Supersonic, Growl
    Boomer Lv. 28 - Uproar, Astonish, Pound, Supersonic
    Molly Lv. 27 - Arm Thrust, Fake Out, Sand-attack, Vital Throw
    Betty Lv. 11 - Pickup slave
    Tina Lv. 6 - HM/Pickup slave

Reserves

Deaths
    Tyson Lv. 11 - 13
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 9th February 2013 at 6:00 PM.

Author's Profile

Part 5: Too Darn Much to Keep Up With

- The title says it all. I got a lot of stuff done today, so I'll keep my post as brief as possible.
    - Went up to Mt. Chimney, crushed Archie and Team Aqua.
    - Headed to Lavaridge, destroyed Flannery with Nigel.
    - Returned to Petalburg, destroyed Norman with Molly and Luke.
    - Did lots of training in the areas opened up by Surf, during which time Luke evolved into Sceptile.
    - Added a new member to my team in New Mauville: Fleck the Magnemite, who quickly evolved into Magneton while training on Route 118..
    - Beat Team Aqua at the Weather Institute
    - Beat May with no trouble
    - Found some invisible Snorlax (a cookie for anyone who gets the reference)
    - Beat Winona using Fleck and Nigel; had some scary moments while Nigel fought Altaria, but everything turned out okay in the end.
    - Headed out from Fortree to Lilycove, training all the way.
    - Added yet another new team member on Mt. Pyre - Kit the Vulpix.
    - I left off preparing to face Team Aqua on Mt. Pyre.

Team
    Luke Lv. 36 - Leaf Blade, Fury Cutter, Pursuit, Quick Attack
    Nigel Lv. 37 - Surf, Blizzard, Wing Attack, Fly
    Boomer Lv. 37 - Strength, Stomp, Astonish, Supersonic
    Molly Lv. 37 - Arm Thrust, Fake Out, Smellingsalt, Vital Throw
    Fleck Lv. 36 - Spark, Sonicboom, Supersonic, Thunder
    Kit Lv. 28 - Fire Blast, Will-o-wisp, Confuse Ray, Quick Attack

Reserves
    . . . Too many to keep track of :P

Deaths
    Tyson Lv. 11 - 13

Author's Profile

Update!

Current location: Pokemon Tower (Lavendar Town)
    Badges: 4
    Time: 8:30

Level: 36

Level: 36
    Moves: Wing Attack/Fly/FeatherDance/Quick Attack

Name: Vlam
    Level: 31
    Moves: Flamethrower/WillOWisp/Confuse Ray/Quick Attack

Name: Cassandra
    Level: 33
    Moves: Rock Slide/Slash/Dig/Sand Attack

Also in party for non-training purposes: Tov the Meowth (Pickup artist)

Currently at Daycare: Bella the Bellsprout (level 26)

In storage: Drew the Caterpie, WormyBug the Weedle, Velvet the Rattata, Will the Magikarp, Isaac the Geodude, Leonidas the Spearow, Wednesday the Diglett, Kanga the Cubone, Joker the Machop, and an Eevee, Doduo and Voltorb I can't recall the names of at this point.

Deceased: N/A

The story so far: Eight and a half hours in, and still no losses to the team. I'm pretty excited about that! I was really looking forward to catching a Vulpix, so when I saw one on the route between Lavender Town and Saffron, I was thrilled... until it Roared itself away! Luckily, I found another in the short patch of grass between Saffron and Celadon. That one TRIED to Roar, but it failed, which I've never seen happen in the wild before, so I started just chucking balls at it until I caught it. Fighting Team Rocket and Erika's gym were great training for Vlam, and I got it up to 29 (level it learns Flamethrower) in no time.

I just beat the Marowak ghost in Lavender Town, and doing well. I might catch the Snorlax coming up on the water route between Lavender and Fuschia, but first I'll be heading to Saffron to take down the fighting gym, Sabrina, and Team Rocket again!

Part 6: Very Little Happens

- In direct contrast to yesterday, not much at all happens.
    - After learning Flamethrower, I evolved Kit into Ninetales.
    - I defeated Team Aqua on Mt. Pyre and in their own base.
    - I headed out for Mossdeep City.

Team
    Luke Lv. 38 - Leaf Blade, Pursuit, Quick Attack, Cut
    Nigel Lv. 37 - Surf, Blizzard, Wing Attack, Fly
    Boomer Lv. 38 - Strength, Stomp, Astonish, Supersonic
    Molly Lv. 37 - Arm Thrust, Fake Out, Smellingsalt, Vital Throw
    Fleck Lv. 38 - Spark, Sonicboom, Thunder Wave, Thunder
    Kit Lv. 35 - Flamethrower, Quick Attack, Confuse Ray, Fire Blast

Deaths
    Tyson Lv. 11 - 13

Author's Profile

Sorry but would a wedlocke go here or in the 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' Forum??
    WANT TO START SHINY HUNTING ON THE GBA, ANYONE GOT ANYHELP FOR ME PLEASE?!

Current fanfics:

PMD: Explorers of Space----Prologue! (On Hold)

Coming soon:
    Henry's Adventure! A New Fanfic

@ VioiV, I would just post it here considering it is basically a Nuzlocke with a few extra restrictions.

I decided to keep Cerberus on the team for a little longer in order to abuse its Intimidate if necessary. I finally continued west of Fallarbor Town and battled a few fishermen and watched as Puppee evolved into Manectric! In the grass I captured a Lombre (Lily) and then beat the rest of the trainers. Inside Meteor Falls I caught a Zubat (Bruce) and then watched as Team Aqua and Team Magma had the equivalent of a shouting match. They headed for Mt Chimney so I did as well. I was a little too late however as Archie had already started his.....whatever he was doing. But my team was more than capable of stopping him! Punchy took out Mightyena with a Vital Throw and then Puppee defeated his Golbat and Sharpedo with Spark. Both teams ran and I headed down the Jagged Pass and captured a Machop (KehRaTay). After a couple trainer battles I was in Lavaridge Town where I took a break.

Sapphire Nuzlocke
    Skipper Lv27
    Cerberus Lv22
    Cheeky Lv26
    Punchy Lv27
    Puppee Lv26
    Slucious Lv26

Spoiler:- PC:

Spoiler:- Deaths:
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I have completed my crazy sapphire dice nuzlocke challenge. Come check out the videos and reminisce on the memories, and join us for more crazy adventures.

Here is the playlist of all the videos

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ature=view_all

Thanks! Leafgreen Wedlocke here I come!
    WANT TO START SHINY HUNTING ON THE GBA, ANYONE GOT ANYHELP FOR ME PLEASE?!

Current fanfics:

PMD: Explorers of Space----Prologue! (On Hold)

Coming soon:
    Henry's Adventure! A New Fanfic

I decided to skip over the Wynaut egg for now and get it if I really need it. Since there is nothing to do in Lavaridge I went straight to the gym. Skipper took out most of the gym trainers and before I knew it I was challenging Flannery. Skipper took out both of her Slugma with Mud Shot right off the bat. Then she sent out Torkoal. Ugh. Water Gun barely did any damage and of course Body Slam paralyzed Skipper. I switched to Cerberus in order to heal up Skipper and have Intimidate run its course but I completely forgot that Torkoal has White Smoke so Intimidate didn't work! And as luck would have it, Body Slam paralyzed Cerberus. I was afraid to swap out to anything for fear of Overheat so I made the tough choice...I sacrificed Cerberus. Skipper came back out and did a little more damage but, of course, Body Slam paralyzed Skipper. Since its Sp Atk had been lowered I felt comfortable enough to switch to Puppee and after a few Sparks Torkoal fainted. I got my badge and left. I deposited Cerberus and then ran to the desert.

In the desert I found a Trapinch (Percy) and I also grabbed the Root Fossil. I quickly went to Rustboro and revived the fossil into a Lileep (Felipe). I added Felipe to the team and went to the Trick House and did the next challenge before going back to the desert. I saved before doing there.

Sapphire Nuzlocke
    Skipper Lv28
    Cheeky Lv27
    Punchy Lv28
    Puppee Lv27
    Slucious Lv27
    Felipe Lv21

Spoiler:- PC:

Spoiler:- Deaths:
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Update!

Current location: Fuschia City
    Badges: 6
    Time: ~15:00

Level: 44

Moves: Wing Attack/Fly/FeatherDance/Quick Attack

Name: Vlam
    Moves: Flamethrower/WillOWisp/Confuse Ray/Quick Attack

Name: Jack
    Moves: Sky Uppercut/Thunder/Fire/Ice Punches

Currently at Daycare: Jamarcus the Voltorb (level 17)

Deceased:
    Cassandra the Sandslash, level 42

The story so far: It's almost impossible to get cleanly through a Nuzlocke without any fatalities, and I experienced my first this weekend, when I foolishly thought Cassandra could tank an attack from Sabrina's Alakazam after it had +1 Calm Mind. One non-critical Psychic was all it take to shuffle off her mortal coil. Her service in defeating Lt. Surge will never be forgotten.

In the meantime, I had a hard time deciding on my Saffron City catch (Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, or Lapras), but I went with Hitmonchan. It even had an Adamant nature, so that was lucky. Too bad in Gen 3, that means his element punches hit with less impact. I'll erase them soon enough.

After capturing the Marsh and Soul badges (and, by the way, shouldn't their names really be reversed based on what types they represent?), we have been traveling Kanto and using the VS Seeker to level everyone up before adding a new friend to the team. We're not sure who to go with yet for our 5th, but we'll be settling on that soon enough.

I started a nuzlocke challenge in Ruby version today.
    My rules:
    1. Shiny pokemon defy all rules.If I find one, I may catch it, but I may not use it in the challenge unless it is the first pokemon I find in that place. If a shiny pokemon faints, it is kept safe in a separate box until the end of the challenge.
    2. I can only catch the first pokemon I encounter in each place
    3. If a pokemon faints, it is sent to the cemetery box as soon as possible. This box is for record keeping only, and every pokemon inside of it by the end of the challenge will be released. No exceptions.
    4. The challenge ends when either: a) I defeat the pokemon league, or b) I white/black out at any time.
    5. All pokemon must receive nicknames.

So far this run through has been a little uneventful (thank goodness). So far on my team I have: a level 17 Grovyle named Faunus who is a boy with a Calm nature, a level 17 Poochyena named Fenrir(if you don't know what this is, Google it. It fits Poochyena and her evolution perfectly) who is a girl with a Naive nature, a level 17 Beautifly named Hurley who is a girl with a Calm nature, a level 17 Zigzagoon named Zigbar who is a boy with a Jolly nature, a level 17 Zigzagoon named Rocky who is an boy and has an Adamant nature, and a boxed level 8 Zigzagoon named Chomper with a Jolly nature. As of now, we have no deaths!
    Right now we are training for the first gym battle. Wish us luck!

P.S. Right now I am writing this on a tablet. From now on I will try to use a computer and notes to provide a much more detailed story of what's been happening and a team and death section at the end of every post. Also,while I am doing this Nuzlocke challenge, I will be hunting for a shiny HG starter. So once I find that, I will be Nuzlocke challenge there as well, most likely after I'm done with the Ruby run through

Wish me good luck and good luck on all of your challenges! I hope you all stay tuned.

Edit: So here is another progress report from last time. Since I last left off, I went off to battle the first gym leader. I won that badge after a quite easy battle because of Faunus the Grovyle. I then trained all my pokemon in my party up to level 20, which made my Poochyena evolve into a Mightyena and my two Zigzagoons to evolve into Linoone. Then I quickly hit the tunnel (the name escapes me at the moment) and caught a level 7 Whismur named Ekho. He joined the party and I trained him up into a level 20 Loudred. I then sailed off to the next city, and sweeped through with no training. I got the gym badge, caught (and boxed) a tenticool named MrTenticle, and caught a Zubat. I am now in Slateport training my pokemon to level 25 (after catching another Zigzagoon on Route 110 who I boxed.) I am debating on dropping one of my Linoone's and training up my Zubat to the rest of my team to use. Let me know what you guys what you think.

Quick question as well. Where do you guys get your icons to do the team, boxed, and dead pokemon? I would love to add that to my updates.
    Last edited by HGaddict; 21st February 2013 at 8:54 AM.
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

Im doing my Nuzlocke on a new PokeMMO thats firered and gonna run w/ Bulbasaur. My rules are just if the pokemon dies its goneand pokemon must recieve NN's.
    Im gonna do some posts soon.
    If a pokemon dies in a fight w/ your rival, Im not counting that.
    Last edited by derpland9000; 24th February 2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Wrong gen. :P

Default My Nuzlocke.

If you see TheNuzLocker in PokeMMO, i am that person.
    Ive started as of 2/25/13 and my starter is Bulbasuar or ;1; i think.

I am moving to a new tread so....

I have started a Pokemon Dark Rising Nuzlocke (a hack of Fire Red)

The rules are simple
    1. Can only catch the first encounter on the route.
    2. If it is duplicate I can opt to catch another pokemon or catch that pokemon if it's original is dead. (if I have let's say a growlithe and he is alive, I cannot catch the next growlithe I encounter. If the growlithe I had is dead I may catch the next growlithe I see)
    3. All pokemon must recieve a nickname.
    4. If a Pokemon faints it must be released.

What is Dark Rising?
    Well it's a hack of Fire Red that changes the story and replaces certain pokemon to add in 4th and 5th gen pokemon. I recently figured out this game is really challenging seeing as you need level 100 pokemon for the Elite Four. So join me on my adventure on this maddening nuzlocke.

Here is the playlist of my adventures so far.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ature=view_all

So I'm starting a nuzlocke on my emerald version with the basic rules. I rnged for Mt starter and got a torchic which I banned torch (ya I'm not real creative.). I leveled out up to nine before beating may with one scratch. I then guy my pokeballs Abe caught apoochyena nabbed xena, and a seedot. I'm currently hanging out at the Pokemon center in petalburgh city.

Edit: I lost seedot to the twins on the bridge south of rustborough...
    Last edited by deh74; 1st March 2013 at 3:33 AM.

I won my second ever Nuzlocke, even more easily than my first (previously in this topic, on Sapphire). I only have a few minutes here to revel in my victory, so here's a brief summary:

Final team...

1) Raphael the Blastoise. Level 56. Surf, Brick Break, Bite, Return

2) Princess the Pidgeot. Level 57. Aerial Ace, Fly, Feather Dance, Double Team

3) Vlam the Ninetales. Level 56. Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Will O Wisp, Quick Attack

4) Jack the Hitmonchan. Level 56. Sky Uppercut, Strength, Earthquake, Bulk Up

5) Happy the Muk. Level 56. Minimize, Acid Armor, Sludge, Sludge Bomb

6) Zena the Slowbro. Level 39. Space-filler.

Time: ~28 hours.

Elite Four breakdown:

Lorelei - Raphael swept Agatha thanks to Brick Break and Bite. The only problem turned out to be her Jynx, who just kept freezing Raphael with Ice Punch (seriously...3 out of 5 Ice Punches froze me!) or putting him to sleep with Lovely Kiss. But Raph perservered and won the day.

Bruno - I led with Raphael to beat Onix, then switched to Jack to sweep the rest of his team. Bulk Up x 5 against Bruno's own Hitmonchan, and then one Sky Uppercut felled the rest of his team.

Agatha - Pidgeot sweep! Against her Gengar, both Princess and Gengar started out by spamming Double team. Unfortunately for Gengar, Princess had Aerial Ace. After opening DT x 6, I easily handled her whole team.

Lance - Led with Raphael to take down Gyarados with a bunch of Bite attacks. After Gyarados, I switched to Happy against Lance's Dragonair. Acid Armor x 3 and Minimize x5 to open, and then I pretty easily tanked and beat everything he threw at me.

Rival/Blue - I opened Vlam against his Pidgeot. Will O Wisp and Confuse Ray and Flamethrowers to beat it. Then Raphael came in against Rhydon for OHK Surf. Princess came in against Venusar and while 'Saur spammed Growth, Princess spammed Double Team. After two or three Fly attacks, that was over. Princess stayed out to beat Alakazam. Gyarados came out next, and I left in Princess. Despite SEVERAL Double teams, Gyarados proceeded to hit Hydro Pump FOUR TIMES IN A ROW. Didn't matter because Princess tanked like a boss. I used up all my Aerial Ace and Fly while Blue kept Full Restoring, so I resorted to Feather Dancing it twice and then switching out to Happy for the win. Arcanine was last, Roar'ed away my boosted Muk. Vlam came out and absorbed a Flamethrower and took out Arcanine.

I didn't lose a single team member in the E4/Championship! Nice!
    Last edited by Sid87; 5th March 2013 at 8:46 PM.

It's been a while since my last update, but I need to stop in to give some news. Hephaestus, my level 46 Camerupt has just been defeated by Ground on to make the first death of my run I'll give the info on the run when I defeat the elite four. RIP Hephaestus
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

Just (re)started my leafgreen Nuzlocke, after being corner by the Fighting Dojo trainers.
    Previous team
    Ningame the Wartortle
    Bayguel the Sandslash
    Chimera the Eevee (unused)
    Slave the Bellsprout (slave? Yeah, also, the only survivor of the onslaught of the fighting dojo...the f$@&?!)
    Fallen comrades:
    Clefinity the Clefable
    Taka the Pidgeotto (truly missed)
    Stubs the Dugtrio
    Venus the Weepinbel
    Many (so many) Rattatas
    Secret Guy the female Zubat
    And lastly, Lanza the Magikarp.
    But! Know I have Katon the Charmander, Tailwind the Pidgey, and Roadie the Rattata. This file will turn out much better than the previous two.
    My second was non-existent. I lost to the second rival battle
    Wish me luck!

Rules I'll use:
    Fainted pokemon will be dead (but boxed, with a sky wallpaper)
    One catch per route! But no duplicates, which I should have employed on my first file..
    Rare candies can revive a fainted pokemon, BUT only if I have it in my bag, while the pokemon is still "dead", and it must redeem itself with a battle without being healed beforehand.
    Wish me luck!
    PM for a 6v6 single or triple battle at level 50!

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast