Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

I have already started a nuzlocke for Fire Red,... so I guess I will make this forum my first post... I am not going to take up too much forum space, and will just provide the link to the website with all of my updates and rules on it.
    http://patricksymus.webs.com\nuzlocke
    I will try to leave a current team here:
        Spoiler:- My Team:
    Last edited by Patrick Symus; 9th April 2013 at 1:07 AM.

Woah, it has been... quite a while O.o After beating May I trained my Pokemon to levels 21-23, got the bike, beat a few trainers and went to the gym. I had Dojo (Breloom) up front, and was feeling confident. Dojo OHKO'd Magnemite, GOAL beat Voltorb (though he survived wit only 2 HP left), and RoastChick beat Magneton. No deaths in this gym either, yay! Though I'm not looking forward for the next one... fire types... ugh.... Not being able to catch new Pokemon on the route to west, I just battled the trainers. Once I got to Verdanturf I stopped and tooka break

Spoiler:- Ruby Nuzlocke Team::

Spoiler:- Deaths::
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 12th May 2013 at 6:04 PM.

I cleared the desert of all the trainers and then I spent a long time training my entire team up to Lv30. Once I did that I hurried over to Petalburg and entered into my dad's gym. I defeated every single gym trainer with Punchy just to be on the safe side. I ended up taking a break before challenging Norman because I was terrified of losing team members. After two months I finally gathered the courage to challenge him. Punchy started off with a Fake Out on his first Slaking and then a couple Vital Throw's knocked it out. Puppee defeated Vigoroth with 2 Spark's, and then Norman's second Slaking was defeated the same way as the first one. All that worry for such an easy fight??? I got my badge and then taught Skipper Surf.

I decided to go do another Trick House challenge so I went east of Oldale and let Cheeky have a chance to shine against the Fighting types. Then I went to Slateport and surfed all the way to Dewford Town, skipping the Abandoned Ship for now. I caught a Tentacool (Jelly) on Route 109 and then a Wingull (Belle) on Route 107 but thanks to a Repel I skipped Route 108 for now. I took a break after healing in Dewford Town.

Sapphire Nuzlocke
    Skipper Lv30
    Cheeky Lv31
    Punchy Lv32
    Puppee Lv32
    Slucious Lv30
    Felipe Lv32

Spoiler:- PC:

Spoiler:- Deaths:
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

So guys! Im gonna start a LG (LeafGreen) Nuzlocke then afer that hopefully move on to a Emerald Wedlocke! We shall soon se! Wish me luck!
    Heart Of Crystal!

My Current Challenges:

Megan's (My Sis) Challenges:

Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke:

I went back to the Abandoned Ship and cleared it before sailing back to Petalburg City. I went to Mauville City and learned from Wattson about some generator problems so I investigated and captured a Magnemite (PolesApart) in Old Mauville. I stopped the generator, got Thunderbolt, and then headed east onto Route 118 where I fished up a Magikarp (Derp) on Route 118. I beat the trainers in the area and proceeded north onto Route 119 and captured a Linoone (Ughghgh2). I made my way through the entire route and cleared out the Weather Institute and May no sweat. I healed in Fortree City and then went east onto Route 120 where I captured the hidden Kecleon (Cammo). I returned to Fortree and headed to the gym.

I let Slucious and Puppee take care of the gym trainers, but Winona proved to be a team effort. Skipper barely pulled off a victory against her Swellow, Puppee defeated both Skarmory and Pelliper with Spark, and then Altaria went down thanks to a collaborative effort from Punchy and Cheeky. I got Aerial Ace and then headed down Route 120. Skipper evolved into Swampert along the way which was awesome, but then tragedy struck! Felipe fainted from a critical hit Water Pulse from that freaking Milotic!! I decided on Cammo as Felipe's replacement. I took a break after the devastating loss.

Sapphire Nuzlocke
    Skipper Lv36
    Cheeky Lv35
    Punchy Lv35
    Puppee Lv35
    Slucious Lv35
    Cammo Lv30

Spoiler:- PC:

Spoiler:- Deaths:
    Last edited by Drummerdude; 8th May 2013 at 1:37 PM.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

GL Drummerdude.

Btw im quitting my LG nuzlocke after moving onto a crystal nuzlocke!
    Heart Of Crystal!

My Current Challenges:

Megan's (My Sis) Challenges:

Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke:

I've started a Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke.

Started as a male named Emer. I'm going to name my Pokemon after different types of foods. Chose Torchic and named him Hot Wingz. Beat May in two hits. Went and got the Poke Balls and PokeDex. Also got the Running Shoes. Caught Artichoke the Wurmple. Killed a Poochyena and a Zigzagoon . That's it for now. Cya next time!

Team:

@nothing
    lvl.10, Quiet Nature
    Ability: Blaze
    Moves: Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, Ember

@nothing
    lvl.3, Naughty Nature
    Ability: Sheild Dust
    Moves: Tackle, String Shot
    Last edited by SnazzySwampert; 8th July 2013 at 7:26 PM.
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

Now I have begun a Pokemon Firered Nuzlocke run

I follow the rules

If a Pokemon faints it is counted as dead and should be released
    I'm only allowed to catch the first pokemon I encounter in the area.

Here is my progress

I started the game and named myself Aakash, while naming my rival Aswin. I chose Bulbasaur as my starter, my rival got a Charmander. I named my Bulbasaur Brute Root. I battled and defeated my rival. After that I went out and entered Route 1 and trained there. I went all the way to Viridian City for the Poke Mart and got Oaks Parcel. Upon returning to Professor Oaks Lab. I got my Pokedex and 5 Pokeballs.

I re-entered Route 1 and caught a Pidgey and named her Birdy. I trained both Brute Root and Birdy. After going west of Viridian City, I enter Route 22 and caught a Spearow and named him Halbird. I just trained them

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Spoiler:- Dead:

Spoiler:- Location Caught:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post

rules:

-A fainted pokemon is death.
    -I can only catch the first pokemon in an area, that isn't a duplicate.
    -No trading unless for evolving.
    -No nicknames, seriously I hate them.
    -Before every gym I have to add 1 pokemon. So for example I need 2 for gym one, 3 for gym 2, 4 for gym 3, etc..
    For my pokemon Emerald I decided to go with a nuzlocke using the above mentioned rules, my starter will be Torchic. I did all the beginning stuff defeating May and getting a pokemon. For the Nuzlocke I will count Torchic as a Littleroot Town pokemon.

Now I could finally start, I went to catch some pokemon first; Route 101: Wurmple Route 102: Poochyena Route 103: Zigzagoon. I defeated the trainers on my way to Petalburg and I helped Wally get his Ralts. I went to Route 104, where I got a Wingul. I defeated the trainers there and went to Petalburg woods. I defeated the team aqua member there easily. I got myself a shroomish in Petalburg forest and went north back into Route 104, there defeated the other trainers and went into Rustboro City. Went east to Route 116 that is where I added a Taillow to my collection. And on the Rustturf Tunne I suprisingly came across a whismur. I trained my Torchic an extra level so he would evolve into a Combusken. After that I defeated the first Gym.

Spoiler:- Death:

Spoiler:- Catch list:
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 3rd June 2013 at 10:32 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

First time doing a Nuzlocke, so doing it in the game I know the best Pokemon Emerald. Since this is my first go through I'm keeping the rules simple.

-A fainted Pokemon is dead.
    -I can only catch the first Pokemon in an area, that isn't a duplicate.
    -No Pokemon that require trading.
    -Every change in encounter percentage is considered a new area. (Easy mode for first Nuzlocke)

Journal-
    6/7/13
    Why do I keep on criting everything I'm trying to catch? Thank goodness I'm only using Mud-Slap.

Team so far.

Hector: level 8

Grave: level 3

Ziggzagoon: level 3 (Forgot to give Nickname)
    Last edited by zerozoner; 8th June 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    Fire Emblem Comic 6/12/13
        Spoiler:

Current PASB record wins 21, losses 9, Draws 0
    KO= 61 TP= 160 SP= .75
    Ref Grade C+

I started a nuzlocke again with sapphire.
    I am now in Rustburo City training for Roxanne

My team atm

Loco/Whismur: lvl 9
    Pala/Dustox: lvl 11
    Aqua/mudkip: lvl 13
    Salty/nincada: lvl 10
    HM Slave/zigzagoon: lvl 10

Box

Bless/slakoth: lvl 6

Dead

Negro/poochyena: lvl 7

Challenges currently completed

Monotype:

Sapphire/Ruby: Ground
    Firered/Leafgreen: Flying

Doing a Emerald Nuzlocke,
    Rules
    - First pokemon you see have to catch
    - Nickname all pokemon
    - Evolve by only battle Trainers/Gym Leaders No wild pokemon
    - Only heal at Pokemon Centres
    - Only use items found in fields.
    - Floors in caves are counted as different areas.

Name character Taylor, Started with Torchic(Male) Named it Seno. Surprisingly Ran into no pokemon while going to battle Brendan beat Brendan and Leveled up to level 6. First pokemon seen is a Poochyena, Named him Nasus (route 101). Healed up at Oldale town went to route 103 again caught a wingull named him Kami. After catching and defeating the two first trainers at route 102 i ran into a Zigzagoon caught and named her Scout. Just before the next town lost Kami in a trainer battle with near death to all other team members.

Upon getting to PetalBurg city we put Kami in the dead box, and healed up the rest of the team.

Spoiler:- Losses:
    Last edited by Shinymoonumbreon; 25th June 2013 at 1:21 AM.
    http://goo.gl/5BTh0 < League referal

Continuing on from route 104 after helping Wally catch his Ralts I ran into one of my favourite pokemon off Tailow. Managed to catch Him and named him Ace. Beat all the trainers and running low on health with all pokemon except Seno. caught Shroomish in Petalborg forest and continuing on to the next city in hope for healing. Passed through Rustboro City and healed up continued on to route 116 found a whismur and named him Beatz. Training everyone up on route 116 before going to fight Roxanne while doing that we Lost Nasus. Had another bad switch out while training and lost Beatz already. Ivy Solo'd Roxannes gym and lost no one.

With a horrible start we lose Scout while trying to help get Team Aqua. after getting the PokeNav we continue on to the next area, During the fight with Brendan, Seno has Evolved. After getting to Dewford City i realise my pokemon will be too weak to beat Brawly so i go off to train in the cave, after training in the cave getting Ace to 16, Seno to 21 and Ivy to 15 we manage to defeat Brawly and give Steven the note. As well as managed to catch an Aron named Ms. Stark. and now we had off to Slateport.

Last edited by Shinymoonumbreon; 25th June 2013 at 3:46 AM.

After gettign to Slateport we catch a Eletrike and named her sovi, shortly after we lose her and Ms. Stark, and then we head off to challenge Mauvilles gym leader after some long training. Ace has evolved and Ivy has evolved. We head up to Mt Chimney to help Team Aqua stop Team Magma and then down to challenge Flannery and get an Egg. We get Go-goggles and catch a Trapinch named JetStream. To end of the night last night we went to beat Norman which was really easy with Seno and Ivy with their fighting moves.

The egg hatches and we catch some new pokemon, Swablu and Marill (Cloud Nine and Rollz) and we head off to route 118 by surfing across and getting a good rod, We catch another Manetrike and name it Bolt. As well as fishing finds us a level 27 Carvanha named Kisame and caught it which is going to be a big help we also lose Rollz in a trainer battle. in a double battle on route 123 we lose cloud 9. Ivy goes down to Poison after a trainer battle... Caught a Tropius named it Banana and as a gift we got a Castform Named Strata During the battle with Brendan we lost Tropius. We make it to Fortree City, With half my pokemon under level we will be training for a while.

Since my last nuzlocke ended in a failure against Norman, i start again.
    A Sapphire nuzlocke is going to be the thing to do.
    My starter is gonna be based on my trained id

-My trained id is ending with a 3 so I take treecko (craps)
    - Beaten May and her Torchic
    - Caught a wurmple on route 101 (Nagi)
    - Caught a zigzagoon on route 103 (Jagger)
    - Caught a Lotad on route 102 (Paddle)
    - Nagi the Wurmple evolved into Silcoon
    - Caught a wingull on route 103 (Haven)
    - Haven died in battle with a taillow of a trainer
    - Found a shroomish in petalburg woods but was killed by Nagi
    - Nagi evolved into beautifly
    - Caught a taillow on route 116 (Goon)
    - Caught a whismur in Rusturf Tunnel (Boom)
    - Craps evolved into Grovyle
    - Paddle evolved into lonbre
    - Received the badge after defeating Roxanne.

My team atm

Craps lvl 16
    Jagger lvl 10
    Paddle lvl 15
    Nagi lvl 10
    Goon lvl 11

Box

Boom lvl 8

Dead

Haven 3-7

Challenges currently completed

Monotype:

Sapphire/Ruby: Ground
    Firered/Leafgreen: Flying

Damn it... Last time I stopped in Verdanturf. Well, I did whatever there was to do there, which really isn't the important part of this post. I lost Dustox to a critical hit in a battle... I continued, and failed to capture a Skarmory, but caught a Machop who I called Muscles in a route before. But then... I lost Loudred to a critical hit in a battle... and I lost Machop against a Numel who got a critical hit... I defeated all trainers and got to Fallarbor Town without losing anyone else... I taught Gulpin Double Team, because I believe it will be a life saver against Flannery. I also got Dig, yay. And now, I am ready to go to Lavaridge Town! On the way, GOAL the Gulpin evolved into Swalot. I caught a Solrock named Helios in the Meteor Falls place. I caught a Solrock which went down quickly due to a very very very stupid mistake of mine. Gosh, I do too many dumb mistakes. Then... Team Magma. I went to the volcano thingy and battled Maxie... Combusken beat Mightyena... and went down to a Magnitude from Camerupt... Then it got a crit Magnitude on Swalot... which knocked it out... So then I only had Breloom against Camerupt... Somehow Breloom knocked it out... but it was useless... Golbat defeated Breloom...

I give up on this nuzlocke Critical hits killed all my team members except for Solrock and Combusken...

Spoiler:- Ruby Nuzlocke Team::

Spoiler:- Deaths::

Started an Enerald Nuzlocke a few days ago, I'm in Slateport now. I got lucky and managed to catch a Pokemon with Pokerus, so my whole team is infected.
        Spoiler:- The Team:

I've had 4 deaths: Ralts(made me soooo mad), Nincada, Shroomish, Tentacool

Currently I am grinding my team up to level 18 for Team Aqua/May.
    -------------------------------
    Alright so I completely decimated Aqua and May, strategized with Ziggy's Mud Sport against Wattson, and OHKO'd Flannery's team with Pikablu. Currently I am grinding to level 30-32 for Norman.

Spoiler:- The Team:

No deaths since the last update I decided to box Hound because he won't be useful until Mossdeep. However, if someone dies he'll be their replacement.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 10th July 2013 at 7:41 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Alright I'm taking a break from AC:NL an decided to start a Nuzlocke Challenge last night on Sapphire.
    I've already gotten to the first gym, an I've already lost one Pokemon because of a critical hit by a darn Wurmple.

Spoiler:- Team Status:
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Sadly my Platinum Nuzlocke just ended a couple of hours ago, Lucian's Gallade killed 4/6 of my team, the other two were killed by Flint's Magmortar. I've got the Nuzlocke bug, so I figured I would move on to FireRed, and so I did.

Rules
    1) If a Pokemon faints, it will be permaboxed.
    2) Nickname everything.
    3) If I see a duplicate of something I already have on a new route, too bad, that's it.
    4) The entire cave is one encounter, not each level.
    5) Battle is SET, not SHIFT.

Booted up the game, named the boy Red and the rival Blue, and chose Bulbasaur, which I named Jeff. Beat my rival, delivered the Parcel, and got the Poke Balls. Caught a Pidgey (Boeing) on Route 1, Mankey (Caesar) on Route 22, Rattata (Lab Rat) on Route 2, and Caterpie (Fuzzy) in Viridian Forest. Boxed Lab Rat and Boeing, and grinded Jeff, Fuzzy, and Caesar up to L10, Fuzzy evolving into Butterfree in the process. Went through Viridian Forest, and made it to the Gym. Even at L10, Jeff OHKO'd everything with Vine Whip, and left the Gym at L15. I had grinded Fuzzy and Caesar to L13 before the Gym, which was easy with all the trainers in the forest and the rival battle. Got the Running Shoes (FINALLY), caught a Spearow (Beaker) on Route 3, and grinded it up to L13. Now I'm beating the trainers along the way to Mt. Moon, and praying for a Clefairy in there, even though I'll probably get Zubat.

Team
    Jeff L15
    Caesar L14
    Fuzzy L15
    Beaker L13

Dead

None

After defeating the first gym I healed my pokemons, I did the team aqua bit and got my pokenav. I challenged may who I defeated quite easily. After that I went to the sailor close to petalburg City and used the boat to get to Dewford city. I healed my pokemon and went to the Granite cave. I decided to split up the cave in two parts for my nuzlocke, the upper part *everything that is light* and the lower part where it is dark. in the upper part I got a makuhita and the lower part I got an Aron, which the latter I added to my team.

I continued and met with Steven then I went back to dewford town. That is were I got and Old rod and went fishing, I got a magikarp on Route 106 and a Tentacool in Dewford Town. After that I challenged the second gym which I easily defeated.

Spoiler:- Death:

Spoiler:- Catch list:
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Grinding the team to level 45 for Tate and Liza now! Only one death since the last update, a Spheal I was going to replace Azumarill with.

The Team:

Redwood level 45:
    -Leaf Blade
    -Hidden Power Psychic
    -Giga Drain
    -Quick Attack

Pikablu level 42:
    -Surf
    -Double Edge
    -Rollout
    -Rock Smash

Glitter level 41:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Spark
    -Bite
    -Strength

Supersonic level 41:
    -Fly
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Bite
    -Steel Wing

Flyboy level 45:
    -Fire Blast
    -Dragonbreath
    -Crunch
    -Dig

Ziggy level 42:
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Return
    -Shadow Ball

Advice: Linoone are BEAST. Great coverage, good stats, AND Pickup, which gives you a high chance for Rare Candies.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke Challenge.

-Couple things to Note:
    • Playing with Dupes Clause intact
    • With Dupes Clause it does not apply to the evolutionary family but rather just the individual Pokemon
    • I did not randomize the starters and any interacting Pokemon
    • Pretty much all the rules of a typical Nuzlocke apply

Chapter 1: Rock the Stone Badge

-Since my Trainer I.D ended in "0" I got to choose which of the starters I wanted and I chose Torchic.
    -I defeated Brendan without a problem.
    -I got a Mareep as my Route 103 encounter
    -I got...wait for it...a freaking ARTICUNO! as my Route 102 encounter!!
    -I got a Zubat as my Route 104 encounter
    -I ran into a Flaffy as my Petalburg Woods encounter but I chose not to catch it.
    -I got a Lotad as my Route 116 encounter
    -I got a Loudred as my Rusturf Tunnel encounter
    -Sadly Duracell my Loudred did not last long. She died to a Wild Hitmontop
    -Phoenix my Torchic evolved into a Combusken at Lv. 16
    -I defeated Roxanne without a causality and received the Stone Badge. I have to give a shout out to the M.V.P(Most valuable Pokemon) of the battle which was my Phoenix!

Current Team

Phoenix , Met at Route 101 at Lv. 5, Naive, Blaze

/

Electra , Met at Route 103 at Lv. 3, Lonely, Static

Azula O, Met at Route 102 at Lv. 4, Bold, Pressure

/

Buena , Met at Route 116 at Lv. 6, Calm, Rain Dish

/

In PC

Spoiler:- Info:

Deceased

Spoiler:- R.I.P:

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Chapter 2: Brass Knuckle Badge

-Buena my Lotad evolved into Lombre at Lv. 14
    -Electra my Mareep evolved into Flaaffy at Lv. 15
    -Since I got the Old Rod I thought I should back track a bit
    -Got Umbreon as my Petalbug City encounter
    -Got Wailord as my Route 115 encounter
    -Got Wingull as my Route 106 encounter
    -Ran into a Shiftry as my Dewford Town encounter but accidentally fainted it
    -Ran into a Wild FREAKING ZAPDOS! but accidentally fainted it with a crit. T_T
    -Got Zigzagoon as my Granite Cave encounter
    -I defeated Brawly without a causality and received the Knuckle Badge. I have to give a shout out to the M.V.P(Most valuable Pokemon) of the battle which was my Azula!

Current Team

/

Electra , Met at Route 103 at Lv. 3, Lonely, Static

/

/

Shadow , Met at Route Petalburg City at Lv. 6, Mild, Synchronize

In PC

Deceased

Badges
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 6th August 2013 at 3:28 AM.

Just defeated Tate and Liza. I overtrained my pokemon, thinking it would be a tough fight. Not at all, thanks to my Microphone being able to learn Shadow Ball
    Team is in my siggy down below
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Chapter 3: Bright like Dynamo Badge

-Got Kingdra as my Route 109 encounter
    -Got Aerodactyl as my Slateport City encounter
    -Got Donphan as my Route 110 encounter
    -Defeated Brandon without a casuality
    -Ran into a wild Claydol as my Route 111 encounter but accidentally killed it.
    -Sadly Electra myFlaaffy died. She died to a the Winstrates Grandmother Meditite Hi Jump kick
    -Got a freaking Kyogre as my Route 117 encounter!
    -Defeated Wattson without a causality and received the Dynamo Badge. I have to give a shout out to the M.V.P(Most valuable Pokemon) of the battle which was my Shadow!

Current Team

/

/

/

Shadow , Met at Route Petalburg City at Lv. 6, Mild, Synchronize

Dragonic , Met at Route Route 109 at Lv. 9, Quiet, Swift Swim

/

In PC

Deceased

Badges
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 6th August 2013 at 5:03 AM.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast