Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Another update! (will be my last for about a week or so since I'll be going on vacation until Friday night) Too bad there haven't been that many posts in this thread since my last update. Oh well.

I finished up at the Pokémon Mansion and battled a few trainers here and there. Might have also caught a Pokémon. After that, I stormed into the Cinnabar Gym and beat the trainers with ease. In the battle against Blaine, I used Walter on his first Pokémon and the Isaac finished him off and I received the Volcano Badge. Next, I got stopped Bill and headed to One Island. Let the crazy quest begin... So, I had to go to Two Island to give the Game Corner owner a meteorite, but first I had to go to Three Island to get his daughter. I battled the Bikers and got Lostelle. Unfortunately, I tried catch the Hypno, but failed. I FINALLY gave the Game Corner owner the meteorite and went back to Bill and Celio. Bill brought me back to Cinnabar and I headed to Viridian. Yay, the Gym Leader is back! But who is it? Went through most of the Viridian Gym Leaders, and suffered a loss. I had Walter out and was battling a Marowak which used Boneorang (spelt right?) and it knocked out Walter because I was feeling ballsy and didn't heal. R.I.P Walter. Hopefully I'll find a sixth member in Victory Road, or something. Next, was the Viridian Gym Leader Giovanni. Isaac beat Rhyhorn, Nidoking/Queen, and Evan beat the rest (too much lazy). Got the last badge and saved. Sorry guys, but I don't feel like posting my team and such so everything is in my signature. My last post will be better.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

So I started a Nuzlocke Challenge yesterday on Pokemon Sapphire but my internet went down so I never started to post.

I began in Littleroot Town and recieved Blitz Level 5
    I went on to defeat Poocheyena and save Professor Birch; the usual
    I made my way to Route 103 and defeated Brendan
    I returned to Route 101 to start my journey and caught Bugzy Level 3
    Sadly after some grinding Bugzy died at Level 5
    Mourning the loss I went to Route 103 and caught Muncher Level 3
    and then ventured to Route 102 and caught Bugzy Level 2
    We began to start grinding and Bugzy evolved into on Route 102
    After being bored to death by Wally, I hit Route 104 and caught Peeko Level 5
    Advancing into Petalburg Woods, we met Spore Level 6 , pummelled Team Aqua and began to head to Rustoboro. Along the way Bugzy evolved into and Blitz evolved into
    Arriving in Rustoboro, we immediately took the Gym Challenge and faced 3 tragic losses. Spore was under-levelled and destroyed by 's Rock Tomb, Peeko and Bugzy both of whom where weak against Rock types (even though they knew absorb and watergun) felt the wrath of 's Rock Tomb and perished. After a double kick from we brought the badge home
    Consoling the loss of 3 valued team members, I found Nina Level 7 on Route 116 and took her in. Shortly afterwards Blitz Level 17 died from Poisoning, making my 4th death in 5 minutes. To make matters worse, 3 of my strongest died leaving just Muncher and Nina
    Heading through Rusoboro Tunnel,after major grinding, we found Tempo Level 6 and chased Team Aqua off.
    Setting off for Dewford, Nina evolved into and we recieved for our efforts.
    Delivering the letter to Steven, we encountered Lucifer Level 10 and added him to our party.
    We then set sail for Slateport and captured Planty Level 13 on Route 110.
    We delivered Stern's Goods and thrashed Team Aqua. After a little grinding, we returned to Dewford to face Brawly with our more diverse team.
    Muncher evolved into and annihilated Brawly earning the KnuckleBadge.
    Nemo Level 5 was added to our Party in Dewford Town before setting sail for Slateport again.
    Lucifer evolved into before we prepare to face Brendan and Wattson.

Spoiler:- Current Party:

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Spoiler:- Deaths:
    Last edited by EspNeon; 24th June 2012 at 12:01 PM.

been about a week since i posted here, and got through Mt Moon since then.

Before heading into Mt Moon i got Adele the jigglypuff as my Route 3 capture. I then grinded for an hour or 2 until Adele learned pound and Haggis and Flygon evolved. Alond the way we found a Zubat named Klog. Reaching the end of Mt Moon most of my team was on low HP but luckily Flygon wasnt and she wiped out the last 3 enemys. Grabbed the Helix Fossil and exited Mt Moon to find the "mega Movers". Taught both moves to Adele and found Iggy the Sandshrew before heading into Cerulean.

Now to Grind some more before i face the rival. Also forgot where, but andre evolved somewhere along the way.

Team
    Andre lvl 17
    Flygon lvl 13
    Adele lvl 12
    Iggy lvl 12
    Panda lvl 13
    Rowlan lvl 13

I have a lot of ground to cover. This is gonna be a long update. Snattle wasn't a problem at all.

The rules of my run prevent me from using the Purification Chamber until I get to Citadark, at the very least. I was training my Meowth and Natu in Agate Village. If you’ve played this game, you probably remember that guy who kept getting lost in said village. His Grimer critted my Natu with a Sludge attack. I almost lost my Swinub in the fight as well.

I trained the Meowth, evolved him, and purified everyone that I caught in Phenac. So far, so good. The Chobin battles proved to be a big waste of time as Kat and Dexter ripped through his teams. I got my hover bike and proceeded to the Libra. That also proved to be a waste of time, since I was still overleveled from my GRINDAN session for Snattle’s fight. I scared away the Bonsly, got the items, and went to exit the ship.

And lo and behold, there were Snagem grunts, ready to mug me. So I lose the Snag Machine and have to face Miror B. and Zook while looking on helplessly as I kill Nosepass and Zangoose. With those battles out of the way, I get the opportunity to raid Team Snagem’s old base. I was worried about fighting Gonzap. Y’know, all of his mons have Hyper Beam and Sol’s got a defense lowering nature. The first Hyper Beam of our match didn’t even do half damage. I laughed and proceeded to wipe the floor with him.

I got the Snag Machine back, and headed back to Cipher Key Lair to get that Zangoose. This was the first fight in a succession of fights where I should’ve considered doing some more training. The Zangoose, Esperanza, kept on attacking Gabe; this whittled my Hyper Potion stock down to two or three of the things. I had to go and replenish my stock before taking on the Lair.

It’s one of the only places in the game where the Cipher members will unabashedly ceiling-cling and scare the ever-loving crap out of you while doing so. (Citadark’s the other place, if you haven’t figured). After two consecutive fights that I was not aware of, I had to leave and heal. I came back and had one hell of a time catching Paras and Growlithe (Suwako and Josh). I got up to the next floor of the building; there was a healing machine. Further down the hall, there was a staircase. I was curious, but not curious enough to go there immediately. I caught a Shellder (Ryan), on the stairs that led to the third floor.

I healed and went to the basement stairs down the hall. I was jumped by a Cipher Peon. She opened with a Skiploom and Roselia, both level 32. I opened with Gabe and Kat, both level 33.

I didn’t recall Gabe; I just taught him Ice Beam. The Roselia crit oneshotted him with Mega Drain. I sent out Diana; all I needed.

I trained Ryan and evolved him into a Cloyster. We trained a bit and proceeded onward into the Lair, catching some mons and failing against others (Pidgeotto, Magneton, y u do this?) And at long last, we made it to the top floor.

I was feeling good about this raid, I really was. Hell, I trained everyone to level 38 just for this! Then Angic happened, and I lost a third Pokemon to a mon I would later catch. Venomoth kept using one of the status Shadow moves, y’see, so I thought Kat would be fine. One turn, the Venomoth decided to attack. Kat was left at 8 or so health at the mercy of Weepinbell. In retaliation, I then made the generator explode. It just overheated and died. The guy who fought me on the Libra showed up and fought me here, too. I just managed to snag his Arbok (Marion).

I healed, got back to the top floor, and entered Gorigan’s room. I led with Ryan and Dexter. I completely forgot about Gorigan’s Earthquake spam tactic, but it wasn’t enough to put either Ryan or Dexter in danger. I got through his normal Pokemon, only to come face to face with Shadow Primeape and Hypno. (I switched Dexter out for Diana to get rid of his Slowking). It’s Diana and Ryan against these guys. They both use Shadow Storm.

Most people don’t know that the Shadow moves in Gale of Darkness was the beginning of the Physical/Special split of the later game generations. Shadow Storm is, as such, a Special move similar to Surf, that my mons had a 2X weakness against. Ryan couldn’t take two in one turn. As I stared in disbelief at my TV screen, I wondered who I was going to send out next. It turned out there was only one option that would prevent the battle from becoming a bloodbath; Marion. The first turn I sent him out, I healed Diana and used Shadow Half.

It was the last attack I used against the duo. Diana survived that attack, while both opposing mons targeted Marion. I used a couple of Timer Balls and caught them both.

So with Selena and Vant caught, I needed someone to fill the sixth slot on my team. I could wait until I got to Citadark and get a Golduck. Instead, I decided to grab my Trapinch (I caught him a LONG time ago) so I could start GRINDAN. Zyphre gained 17 levels in a couple of hours. He learns Dig at level 41. I fully intend on teaching him Dig, as Flygon is the only mon that can use Dig without having to suffer the consequences of Earthquake spam.

Spoiler:- Current Team:

Spoiler:- Graveyard:
    Pokemon Y
    4055-4543-2432
    Friend Safari: Fraxure, Dragonair, Sliggoo
    Dex 717/718
    Need Dex Entry for Keldeo!

Started a Nuzlocke in Ruby yesterday. Here are my teams before key battles:

Brendan (1)

Gonzales (Treecko), L6 - Pound, Leer, Absorb

Roxanne

Musha (Shroomish), L11 - Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed
    Gonzales, L12 - Bullet Seed, Pound, Absorb, Quick Attack
    Stripy (Zigzagoon), L11 - Headbutt, Growl, Tail Whip, Tackle
    Chirpy (Taillow), L11 - Peck, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Growl

Brawly

Chirpy, L19 - Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Double Team
    Gonzales, L13 - Bullet Seed, Pound, Absorb, Quick Attack
    Musha, L14 - Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed
    Stripy, L14 - Headbutt, Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Cut
    Albert (Abra), L8 - Teleport, Flash
    Useless (Magikarp), L10 - Splash

Brendan (2)

Musha, L18 - Mega Drain, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed
    Gonzales (Grovyle), L18 - Bullet Seed, Pursuit, Fury Cutter, QUick Attack
    Chirpy, L20 - Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Double Team
    Sparky (Electrike), L16 - Tackle, Thunder Wave, Leer, Howl
    Stripy, L17 - Headbutt, Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Cut
    Albert, L8 - Teleport, Flash

Wally (1)

Didn't take note of the team... Musha killed Ralts easily.

Wattson

Musha (Breloom), L25 - Mach Punch, Headbutt, Mega Drain, Leech Seed
    Chirpy (Swellow), L22 - Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Steel Wing, Double Team
    Sparky, L20 - Spark, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Howl
    Gonzales, L20 - Bullet Seed, Pursuit, Fury Cutter, Quick Attack
    Stripy, L17 - Headbutt, Sand Attack, Rock Smash, Cut
    Useless, L10 - Splash

The first two deaths of the Nuzlocke happened here. I knew Voltorb had Selfdestruct, so I switched in Useless hoping to take it, but it just used Spark, and then a few turns later Selfdestructed on Gonzales.

Currently boxed are Chirpy2 the Taillow (L7), Aria the Whismur (L7) and Chopsticks the Machop (L16), and the current team (made it to Fiery Path but I'm now back around Mauville grinding) is Humpy the Numel (L16), Sparky (L21), Chirpy (L24), Musha (L26), Stripy (L17) and Albert (L8).
    I'm a deranged Yoshi...

I was recording a FR nuzlocke and have since finished it. Not sure what my last update was, since it's been about a month. The final result was I got tired of grinding a replacement for my Jolteon, so I went in to the E4 slightly under level, with a useless lvl 27 pikachu hanging out in the party.
    Amazingly enough, only my Snorlax and Golbat died. It was sad, but considering I thought I was going to wipe I can't complain.
    If I can locate that game, I'll edit in the final party. I'm sure it's around here somewhere...

Not much of an update, I know. It was going to be way more awesome, but then I got busy and a month passed and I just don't really remember what happened. >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Ok so I started a nuzlocke on FireRed today and my rules are as follow:

- No revives
    - All Pokémon I catch must be nicknamed
    - No duplicates. That means that if I encounter a Pidgey on route 1 as my first Pokemon and on route 2 I encounter one too, I can keep searching 'till I find a different Pokemon and count that as the "first" one.
    - "Dead" Pokémon will be perma-boxed.
    - I can not use legendaries.
    - I can not trade.

So I started on my room and then went downstairs and out of my house. Then I decided to head towards Route 1 when Prof. Oak stopped me. He took me to his lab, and his grandson, Douche, was waiting in there. He gave us a little speech and then I got to choose my first Pokémon. I chose the and I named him Vinie. I then proceeded to beat the crap out of Douche's Charmander and then I went to my home to get some rest. After that I headed towards route 1, training Vinie to level 7 (Pokémon on there didn't count for the nuzlocke since I didn't had any Pokeballs) and getting a Potion on my way to Viridian. After that I got inside the Pokémon Center and healed, then I went to the PokéMart and got Oak's Parcel.

I went back and delivered the parcel to Oak, who gave me and Douche 5 Pokéballs and a Pokédex. Then I headed up to route 1 and caught a level 2 that I named Ace. Then I went to route 22, hoping to get a Mankey but I got a instead. It was level four and I named him Fang. After that I headed back to route 1 to train, and Vinie got to level 10 and Ace got to level 4. Now I will train him and Fang to level 8 before I venture to route and to Viridian Forest.

EDIT: I finished training and I went up to route 2, and the first Pokémon I got was a level 4 which I named Silver, now I'm training him so he can evolve and then I will go through Viridian Forest hoping to get a Piakchu

Spoiler:- Current Team:

Spoiler:- Deaths:
    Last edited by Tavo_Zx; 5th July 2012 at 1:36 AM. Reason: New Pokémon

Default Pokemon Engrish Emerald Nuzlocke Run

Well hey there guys, I just totally signed up for this forum, and I figured, why not making my first post a cheesy advertisement of one of my video Nuzlocke runs?! It's a nuzlocke run of Emerald version, but not just ANY Emerald version! It's a terribly translated version of Emerald we randomly stumbled upon one day and new we had to nuzlocke! So hey, you guys have probably seen way too many Emerald runs as is, but maybe this one's terrible Engrish will warrant enough incentive for another journey on through?!

Here are my partner's (Zyrtec, teh other fella) thoughts regarding it:

"Yo, legit though? THOUGHT WE WERE DONE?! Well think again you sorry-sons-of-lily-liver-lickin-ladies-and-gents, because we're TOO LEGIT TO QUIT

[img]http://oi45.*******.com/33p91yo.jpg[/img]

This time around, it's obviously Pokemon ENGRISH Emerald, because only the best games are green, and only the green games are Engrish! MABEE DEJAS LIKE 'EM... GET IT?!

Standard Nuzlocke rules apply, as well as:
    NO HEALING ITEMS (until it's inconvenient for us :dubs: )

We hope you guys enjoy this new story, and our same old antics. Let us know what you think!"

Episode 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvVyQmllGH4

Episode 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h2ZBqBSvg0

Episode 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNd5bO94caw

Episode 4:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNPHz9Kb81g

Episode 5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytrnyOCS0DI

Episode 6:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyslsPAOLLc

Since my Scramble is going really poorly.. I decided to give this a go on a new save file on my emulator [android phone].. I think I will enjoy this more.. and will be able to stick with it as it's more "real"

Emerald Run
    Rules:

Pokecenter; unlimited

Repeated Pokemon; allowed

Each patch of grass will be a new location.. as long as the patch of grass is at least 5x5

No items allowed in-battle. no revives at all.

Legendaries are allowed; if my team can survive the battle.. we deserve to use them. 1 legend only per team.

I started out with 'Kippin' the Mudkip, and he was just like me.. a relaxed personality and chill. Once we got the talking with May and Prof out of the way.. we set on our journey.

Our first meeting was with a Poochyena.. unfortunately as we tried to catch it, we crit'd it and missed out. Later we ran into another one to the north of the first PokeCenter and was able to catch it. A bit naive, but not too bad. Patti was now on the squad.

As I was training her, a Wurmple.. yes.. a Wurmple.. pulled out two crits in a row and sent her to the grave.. I honestly couldn't believe it.. since I've never used a Pooch before and was excited to see where we would go.. Naive was decent as well.. but oh well..

Kippin and I ran into a Zigzagoon and we caught him instantly. Zackz is gentle and seems reliable. Unfortunately.. once again.. the crit gods do not want me to be happy early on.. as he fell to a Poocheyna in a trainer battle.. lv5 vs lv5. I thought we had it.. but apparently not.

So far it's been a struggle to find teammates for Kip, but we're still growing strong together so we'll eventually get it together.. hopefully..

My team:

Kippin the Mudkip
    lv 9, relaxed

Dead:

Patti, naive lv4

Zackz, gentle lv5

update #2

Pokemon Emerald, still working through the routes.

[IMG]http://i45.*******.com/351a9ky.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2145oqr.png[/IMG]

Emerald Nuzlocke pt 2.

A lot of patches of grass between Petalburg and Rustboro.. I might have to adjust the rules so I don't have too many chances at teammates. And I get to bond with the Pokemon I have, blah blah.

Anyways.. I've been working my way up to Rustboro and losing a lot of Pokemon along the way.. I'm really pushing my team more than I should, imo.. which is why so many have died.. which is disappointing because I had a nice Marill I was working with.. and I found another Poochyena that was doing well.. but all went to hell when I pushed him too hard and a Shroomish Effect Spored me into a Poison+Absorb rape that took out 8hp, which was a lot.. ha.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/maxizb.png[/IMG]
    Loaf.. he's cool, and I got lucky to find him.. so I had to go for him.

Lax nature, meh.. but he's doing alright so far.

Lurna is doing fine.. Mild nature, has decent moves and holding her own atm.

Muffin is a new addition, Lonely, and I hope can be on my squad for a while, I'll need some stability later on.

Kippin is still the anchor of the team, and hasn't done much lately as I've been working to lvl up my other Pokemon..he's solid.

Swallow is my new girl, Brave nature and is pretty good. [of course it was vs bug pokemon]. I can see her doing well for the squad, so I look forward to her assistance. Glad i found her early.. since I don't think I'll get another chance at a flying type.

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2555560.png[/IMG]

The dead.. so far I'm not thrilled with them dying.. I did want them on my team.. but that was poor training on my part.. I need to fix my ways if I want to survive this journey.

Zackz, Patti, Ponch, Merill, Honch.. RIP. Sorry.

I'll do an Emerald Nuzlocke as well.

Only catch one Pokemon per area, if I fail, too bad.
    If a Pokemon faints, it is dead and will be permanently boxed.

Meh. I don't want to put details, so I'll just put my team so far. I saved in Petalburg Forest.

Here are some pics.
        Spoiler:- PICS:
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

Wait, why didn't you name them? I thought that was one of the main rules...

Anyways, I haven't played much since my last post, but I've gone onto the S.S. Anne, fought all the trainers, and now I'm preparing to fight my rival. My team currently is:

Spoiler:- :
    I don't have a signature because I can't think of anything interesting to put in it. But hey, better than an enormous ugly banner that takes five seconds to scroll past, right?

Quote Originally Posted by muffinz View Post
    Wait, why didn't you name them? I thought that was one of the main rules...
    That's an optional rule, the only required rules are the one pokemon and the fainting rules. Anything else is optional.
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

naming them is the best part! makes you bond!

But looks like your team is just like mine in the early stages.. since the ratio of Pokemon is like... 90% Pooch, 80% Wurmple, 80% Zigzag, 20% anything else. lol.

Btw, if you ever get a Slakoth.. goodluck to you. That loafing around almost had him die so many times because I keep on forgetting.. + crits.

Nuzlocke is tough.. but its fun. Just want to stop seeing the same 3 Pokemon..

Once I get out of the first few towns and gym.. it will get better.

Episode 7 of Engrish Emerald!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6vLbi2U-Sg

Update:
    My squad and I reached Rustboro with relative ease; after leveling up a bit and trying to avoid crit-hit death. We went through each building and took what we could and went straight to the gym. It was made for Muffin and Kippin.. who combined, were able to handle the building with flair. Kippin evolved quickly after the battle with Rox and my squad is looking decent.
    ---->
    Helped a few men along the way to the Whismur tunnel.. but unfortunately just ran into a Poochyena who we did not feel was best for the team.. so we ignored the route, battled trainers.. and went on our way. Was hoping for a Nincadia [lol? spell check], so I could use Shedinja and be awesome.. but it wasn't meant to be. They decided to tease me by popping up constantly afterwards so I could kill them though.. bleh.
    Afterwards, went and headed to Dewford. But before that I decided to box a few Pokemon for now.. as I wanted to trim the fat and unneeded double type coverage.
    So Swallow

And Lurna.. took a seat.

I decided that in any cave with multiple levels.. each level counts as a new route/area.. since it's such a big place, Pokemon availability, etc etc.
    Right as I enter the cave.. that fat bastard Makuhita comes out. He's one of those Pokemon you just have to catch.. so we went after it.

Yoko the Makuhita [?], Careful nature, but whatever.. at least it doesn't hit his Atk stat. I decided at this time.. he should just be boxed for later just in case something goes wrong down the line.. he could be useful.
    Next level of the cave.. an Abra.. what a damn waste.. as I of course don't catch it.. and it runs instantly.
    Next level.. Aron..

decided to go for it as well.. ole 'blue eyes'. I don't remember the nature.. but doesn't matter. I also don't think it provides much type coverage for my other Pokemon.. but the armor of steel I do believe will be nice.. we'll see!

I ran into more Pokemon in the cave.. and was hoping for a Sableye or Zubat for the battle(s) ahead, but of course couldn't touch them.. and decided to do some leveling up with my special attackers vs water/grass weak. Loaf did some leveling up as well.. and I finally have him close to evolving.. which would bring some nice power to my pretty weak and mediocre team..

I received the Old Rod.. and went fishin'

A good ole Magikarp appeared... durrrp.

Magikarp aka Whiskers

Mild nature, boxed.. instantly. No need for that at the moment.. Loaf drained me enough by irritating grinding. But it looks neat..

After it's all said and done.. below is where I am at.. and I am directly in front of the gym.

I've once again had some close calls with death.. mainly Loaf as he is just such a pain in the ***.. and is weak to most everything atm... and can't fire back expect with Scratch.. but nothing major has happened battle-wise.

I truly fear for the gym battle ahead... Fighting types vs my team.. Ehhhhhh.. death feels imminent.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2wc4lef.png[/IMG]

Kippin; Lv 17
    Tackle
    Mud Shot
    Water Gun
    Mud Slap

Muffin; Lv 16
    Tackle
    Absorb
    Stun Spore
    Mega Drain

Loaf; Lv 17
    Scratch
    Yawn
    Slack Off
    Encore

Blue Eyes; Lv 10
    Tackle
    Mud Slap
    Harden
    Headbutt

**** me...

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/xpbozt.png[/IMG]

Made it to Slateport, battled around working on leveling my Pokemon up, [after we beat the fighting gym with Kippin alone.. Mud-Shooting til they fell.. he took hits well and just kept dropping them. We couldn't risk anyone else going after the gym since we have no advantage on fighters] and doing the tasks inside the town. Went to the route above to test my wild Pokemon luck..

Wasn't really expecting anything.. but hey.. a tike will be fine, could be useful.

Caught the little critter, named her Sydney, and boxed the 'Gentle' pup for now.

"How'd Nora die?"

We went to the trick house.. I wanted to try it out since I've never been. Plus Nora needed to level up a bit, and the wild Pokemon around were an annoyance with the t-waves and Static abilities. Nora has always been able to handle Absorbs and super-effective hits in the past.. giving me at least a chance to get a few hits in before I was in danger.. unfortunately the strong-willed Poke couldn't handle the test at hand. A stun spore + absorb crit along with a Metal Claw miss ****ed my world..

I honestly couldn't believe she fell.. I was hoping to have her around when she evolved and be a staple for my team.. to be that ****ing 'brick wall' and take **** out like a boss. I had high expectations for her, but unfortunately, as a Nuzlocke rookie.. I was careless.

Episode 7 of Engrish Emerald!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6vLbi2U-Sg

I'm sorry for your loss RNG reporter...

I decided to start a nuzlocke challenge in my emerald today. So I started with Mudkip, named Tank. I went battled May, and all that stuff, got the pokeballs, and entered the first route. Poochyena. Not to my liking, so I took it out and moved on. I didn't use the duplicate rule, and ran into a few more Pooches. Ran into a Wurmple in the Woods, didn't catch that either. Tank was leveling up nice, and I entered the route east of Rustboro.

Finally, something other than Pooch appeared, a Taillow. I weakened it with Tackle, and snagged it. Named her Tweety. Checked Serebii to see if I'd really want a Swellow, found out the movepool sucked, and kept it in my party, but didn't train her. Tank evolved into Marshtomp. Had a close call when I accidentally ran into a double battle with a shroomish and geodude. Absorb could've been the end of Tank with a crit, but we pulled through. I plan on catching Whismur in Rusturf Tunnel, and training it up. That's all so far.

Party:

LV: 16
    -Mud Shot
    -Water Gun
    -Tackle
    -Bide

LV: 8
    -Quick Attack
    -Peck
    -Growl
    -Focus Energy
    Last edited by Terra Force; 12th July 2012 at 5:10 AM.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Swellow is awesome man.. very powerful with Peck, Quick Attack, Wing Attack which you get very soon.. I think it's worth a go if you expect to beat the fighting gym. Very easy to level up too.. try him out, it's early! Hopefully you get something cool in the Granite Cave. gl bro.

Past Slateport, up North.. after Route 110 which I retrieved an Electrike, battled a few weak trainers + May.. I reached Mauville. Not too much to do here, so I prepared to face the gym... but before that, I went to see what Pokemon would pop up for me West of Mauville.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/9qa8v5.png[/IMG]
    Out came an Illumise. Never used one before.. so it looks neat. After googling it's moveset.. I cry a little inside realizing how pathetic it is.. but regardless.. I keep it in the group as it can learn Wish and Moonlight.. which might be needed for my team later. We'll see.. but again, what a trashy piece of Pokemon.
    Illumise aka Blurp, lvl 15 atm. Quirky nature.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/30kue76.png[/IMG]
    After I caught the little bug.. I did a few level training.. then went to the gym. Team was 27 Marshtomp, 26 Breloom, 24 Vigoroth, 15 Illumise. I took no risk.. as I heard tough stories about this gym.. so with Kippin and Muffin.. we were able to run through the gym with ease.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/30ses7l.png[/IMG]
    Now that the gym battles are over.. I don't really know which direction to go to be quite honest.. never played this story. But I do know I'm going to head East.. battle some trainers til I reach the water.. then head North of Mauville and go to the Battle House and fight that family, and see what's next for me. I'm worried about the Battle House.. I don't need to lose anyone right now.. especially since my team is very limited atm.. but with each of my Pokemon evolving once.. the power is starting to come.
    To be continued..

Side comment: After looking on Serebiidex, it looks like most of my Pokemon EV gains are slow or medium-slow; which really is depressing.
    Marshtomp is standard starter EXP Growth.. fine.
    Breloom is a Fluctuating EXP Growth.. which is...something I don't understand.
    Vigoroth is slow.. which sucks.. because I don't feel like I have the patience to ev train a slow leveing up Pokemon.
    So I'm not sure what my next step will be.. but I do see Normal typing becoming less necessary.. for now though, I hope he continues to pull his own weight.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    Breloom is a Fluctuating EXP Growth.. which is...something I don't understand.
    Fluctuating is, along with Erratic, one of two EXP groups that change their rate of EXP growth as they level up. "Fluctuating" means that at first, the Pokčmon requires much less EXP to level up, but then it slows down as it gets closer to level 50-- at said level, it evens out, then starts being way slower. Erratic is the opposite-- Pokčmon in this group level up at an agonizingly slow pace early on, but then after level 50, they get a large spike in their level up rate, actually requiring the least EXP of any Pokčmon to get to level 100.

Also, that Vigoroth is gonna be awesome once he fully evolves. Sure, Truant sucks, but give him a Hyper Beam TM from the department store. Now, since every other turn is useless already with Truant, Hyper Beam effectively has no recharge turn. So, a 150 base power move(actually 225 with STAB, and then 247.5 if you further boost it with a Silk Scarf) that has no drawbacks beyond its low PP. Pretty awesome.
    I don't have a signature because I can't think of anything interesting to put in it. But hey, better than an enormous ugly banner that takes five seconds to scroll past, right?

Started my first ever nuzlocke today.I decided itd be fun to try Leafgreen.

Extra rules I am following:

I may not level up my pokemon higher than the leader I am about to face. Against the Elite four, my pokemon may not be higher than the champs pokemon.

I may not catch multiples. However, I'm adding an extra twist. If I see a pokemon I already have, I may not catch it, and it counts as the pokemon for the route and I may not catch any more.

Okay, so with that stuff out of the way, now for where I am now. I am training my team to face Brock.

My team so far:

Bulbasaur[M] (Peat) lvl.10
    Mankey[F] (Fasha) lvl.10
    Pidgey[F] (Rapunzel) lvl.9

Dont ask about Pidgey's dumb nickname, my brain farted
    Boredom is boring

Thanks for the tip RNG Reporter, I've decided to go ahead and use Tweety the Taillow. She's now level 15.

I've decided to add some restrictions to my challenge to spice it up a little. I can't use any items during battles with gym leaders or the pokemon league. I am not allowed to use any rare candies to level up my pokemon. I may add a couple more if I think of any.

I am rather frustrated since I KOed the whismur I ran into in Rusturf Tunnel. I really wanted it but it was level 6 and couldnt take a quick attack. I'll keep my pokemon at the level they're currently on to avoid this problem in the granite cave...

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

quick update on my nuzlocke.

Instead of leveling my whole team to level 18 before the fight with the rival, i just evolved Adele with a Moon Stone and hoped for the best. Iggy Took out pidgeotoo no problem, while panda dealt with rattata, Flygon took out abra, and Adele took out Charmander. After healing we fought through the nugget bridge and route 25 no problem. Caught a Bellsprout named Gould in Route 24 and taught Adele Secret Power along the way. On to Misty where Andre swept the gym with no problems and reached level 22. on the way to Vermillion i caught a meowth and in vermillion i traded Rowlan for Ch'Ding. CH'Ding also knocked out the wild Diglett, so i get nothing for Digletts Cave.

Team
    Andre lvl 22
    Flygon lvl 17
    Iggy lvl 16
    Panda lvl 14
    CH'DING lvl 17
    Adele lvl 16
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 12th July 2012 at 4:37 PM.

Ok another update for me. So I got to Dewford, and went straight for the Granite Cave. I went inside and found myself a Makuhita. I captured it, named him Larry, and decided to train him.

That's when I went back to Dewford and grabbed an Old Rod, and ended up fishing myself a Magikarp.

Once Larry was level 15 I moved to the next floor, and like RNG reporter, treated each floor like a new area. I ran around and to my surprise, a Sableye appeared! I was excited, not sure why since he's completely trash statwise, but after a somewhat long battle, and the sacrifice of my good buddy Magikarp, I was somehow able to catch it despite it's low capture rate. Nicknamed her Zanna and kept her in the party.

Next floor resulted in an Abra, which I didn't catch despite my Great Ball's efforts. When I got to Steven I ran into a Zubat which I KOed on accident, but didn't really care.

After a bit of grinding up to level 18 for my three main Pokes, I went to the gym. I took out some trainers, and then beat Brawly with ease with Taillow's wing attacks.

So I went to Slateport and went straight to route 110 to see what I'd find, and encountered an Electrike, which I caught but did nothing else with. And then I pretty much delivered the goods, beat up some trainers, evolved Tweety into Swellow, and that brings me to my current situation before my rival battle with May.

Party:

Tank

LV: 21
    Relaxed
    -Mud Shot
    -Water Gun
    -Bide
    -Tackle

Tweety

LV: 22
    Naughty
    -Wing Attack