Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

good stuff. btw, i read everyone's stuff.. just dont reply all the time.

Bad and worse news... quick update..

Go north.. route 111 get a Numel.. cute and Hasty.. lvl 13. Go to Fiery Path.. get a Koffing.. coolio.. Gentle lvl 14.

Go to Route 112.. hope for the 5% skarmory.. run into a spinda..lol killed it.

Numel proves to be a solid addition..decide to keep on team and level it up. Get to level 24 and go into a double battle.

Numel lvl 24/ Vigoroth lvl 25 vs Aron lvl? / Koffing lvl 18

Remembers that my Koffing has Selfdestruct and it's lvl 18..

Ohhhh shiiiiiiit.

Numel aka NumNums.. Vigoroth aka Loaf.. Dead. Just ****ing dead..

**** you Koffing.. but it shows me that I need 'death fodder' on my squad in case this **** happens.

God dammit.. all that slow and steady training on Loaf..and recent 10lvl training for Nums.. wasted.

New team.. down to 3.

Koffing lvl 19
    Breloom lvl 28
    Marshtomp lvl 28

So after my double loss of NumNums and Loaf.. I continued West towards my journey. I ended up at Fallarbor Town, a small place which is not full of too much.. but as I went more West to route 114, I noticed a lot of grassy areas, so I decided to test my luck.

Swablu appears. Completely forgot this Pokemon existed.. sweet.

Catch, name her Cotton.. and decide to keep her on the team.. as my team is thin.

As I battle around the grass.. I realize it's a perfect place for my Koffing, Weezy, so I poison the hell out of Lombres and Lotads, with some Swablus on the side.

[IMG]http://i48.*******.com/14jxgdj.png[/IMG]
    holy OMG moment.

Swablu is taking a bit longer to level up, especially with Peck and Astonish as her moves.. but hey.. DRAGONS ARE WORTH IT!

I get Cotton to level 20, Weezy to level 26, and go to Meteor Falls.

Meteor Falls apparently has Pokemon in it? Ran into a Zubat.. killed it.. then ran into a Solrock.. fuuuuuu.. had to kill it.

We ran into Magma and Aqua grunts.. the battle of land/water has begun.. I now have to go chase them for the Meteorite.. wonderful.

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/wwdhfo.png[/IMG]
    a bit stuffy up here

As I reach the Mountain, seems like bluevsred is in full force.. Aqua needs my assistance. So let's do this.

I battle Magma's main dude for the Meteorite.. he has a high leveled Mighteyna.. didn't expect that. His Bite is lethal man.. didn't expect that much power. I had to switch out Weezy because apparently I'm not able to handle the power right now.. Kippin was though, so escaped that battle.

Once it was over.. we headed to Lavaridge. Nothing to do here but straight up battle the gym. I felt confident..

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2vmyejm.png[/IMG]
    a nice rest before the battle

Lvl 28 Wheez, Lvl 21 Cotton, Lvl 30 Muffin, Lvl 30 Kippin.. I think we got this.

..... I was wrong. One word... Overheat.

We got through the gym trainers easy enough.. but once the gym leader battle started.. I really wasn't as prepared as I thought. My levels are also not that great.. not as high as I thought.

Weezy was able to handle the Slugma, Next was Camelrupt and Torkoal lvl 29. Kippin had to handle the Camel.. no way around it. Couldn't risk the issue. But with Torkoal.. I thought this would be a good chance to get some EXP for Weezy and Cotton. I switch in Wheez, feeling confident to handle Torkoal's poor movepool and poison then weardown. No.. what the heck was I thinking.. no. Wheez was able to Sludge + poison, sweet.. but Torkoal Body Slammed the hell out of Wheez, crit+para.. I couldn't kill it.. so I had to switch. Cotton was up.. expecting.. who knows what... I switch into an Overheat. Yes.. a +8advantage +140BP fire move.

Cotton dropped instantly. I cried.. my Dragon pokemon.. gone.

Kippin finished Torkoal off.. I win the TM, the badge, but definitely lost some great potential in Cotton.. Sing, Dragon Dance, ugh..

Afterwards, I went to the PC to deposit the deceased. Picked up the Wynaut Egg, [who knows, maybe it will grow to be great?] Then saved game.

Next up.. the Sand Area.

Current Team

Spoiler:- my team:

Important Deaths

Spoiler:- dead:

Quick update:

Beat Brock with Fasha and Peat's sheer awesomeness

Idioticly got Magikarp on Route 4[another female] nicknamed Unagi

Found another Pidgey on Route 3.

Peat evolved into Ivysaur( Yay)

Found a Geodude in mount moon(killed)

That about sums it up. Also, I forgot to mention I caught A metapod in Viridian Forest[F](May). She's a buttefee now. Rng reporter, srry about cotton.
    Boredom is boring

Thanks

Your team has some nice variety. Plan on doing anything with Magikarp?

My long update..

The sandstorm area.. with my go-goggles or whatever.. it's my next step in the journey.

I go straight to the sand to see if I can get some luck for a Trapinch or Baltoy..

Sandshrew.. I decide a pure Ground wouldn't be the best for me right now.. so I continued to just slaughter anything around, trainers also.. to level up my Pokes. Afterwards, we went to the Mirage Tower to get a fossil. We enter, and shortly get into a Wild Pokemon battle.. Trapinch! Word up.

Google the Trapinch.

A Ground type with a few Dark moves.. with no one supereffective to hit.. it's going to be a long journey to level this thing up.. but I do believe it will be worth it. Just need to care for it better than I did Cotton and my other fallen potentials.

I retrieve a fossil.. the Claw Fossil.

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/1175uo2.png[/IMG]
    in the middle of the storm..

Then the tower falls and I realize what's next for me.. to battle my father..

I reach the gym.. with my team lined up.. Muffin the Breloom should take this easily.

Muffin lvl 33, Kippin lvl 34, Wheez lvl 35, Google lvl 22, and my beautiful Egg.

First match, battled a Delakitty. Won easily. Mach Punch.

Second match, I think it was a Spinda.. either way.. easy match.

My next match, before facing my father.. was against a trainer with a Slakoth.

A ****ing Slakoth.. lolllllll.. yes.. Muffin will beat this joke of a Pokemon.

[IMG]http://i48.*******.com/24y21dy.png[/IMG]

Did you guys know that Slakoth can know Counter? .... and did you know Muffin can't OHKO a Slakoth with Mach Punch? Even though he was 6-7lvls higher?

**** me.. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

I honestly don't know what to do now.. I feel as though I am ****ed.. as grass/fight was a good cover for my team and I need answers to all the water coming up, etc.

But this is what happens.. this gym is a lot harder than I thought.. on to Norman.

So now what.. I have a Weezing, Marshtomp, and a Trapinch [that won't be able to do a damn thing right now].

Fortunately.. I was able to keep my composure, make sure not to get ****ed by 'Counter'.. [which he used a few times btw].. and thanks to Wheez and his high defenses.. between his Sludge/Smokescreen and Kippin's MudShot's on the "loafing around".. we were able to take down the beast that is Slaking.. who has Facade btw.. who kicks major *** with it btw.. and the only way I won.. the ONLY way I was able to not lose Kippin or Wheez.. was because of "loafing around" and Smokescreen working wonders.

[IMG]http://i45.*******.com/np1eol.png[/IMG]
    [close ****ing call.. shiiiiiii-]

I continue to be severely under-prepared when real challenges arise.. I think it's time for me to realize my poor training skills right now.. be patient.. and take time into developing my team.. I should of had a Swampert by now.. a stronger Weezing.. a more complete Breloom.. and a stronger Trapinch. Hell.. half of the deceased were major plans for my squad..

[IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2nvas8i.png[/IMG]
    I added my old catch.. Yoko.. to get some fighting back into my lineup. Definitely not the power-house Breloom/Muffin was.. but we'll see how it goes.
    I have HM-Surf now.. so I'm assuming it's time to ride the waves [what a perfect time for Muffin to level up.. ] I'll take a look at the map and be on my way.

RIP
    Muffin

Gym Leader Winona.. is my next battle.

Before going to this gym, I've been busy leveling up my team.. preparing them for what's ahead.

New Mauville was pretty simple, got a TM-Thunderbolt to boot! Google the Trapinch was going well with Sand Tomb and Faint Attack.. doing some real damage while leveling up to 30 in a short time. Mind you.. I caught Google at level 20. Hard stuff.

Afterwards we headed East, Route 118 then Route 119. Battling Wild Pokemon all around..

My beautiful teammates finally evolved. My squad is looking ****ing good.. and I'm pleased as hell.

My squad is all around lvl 36-38, and I do feel like we're strong enough.

With Steel the Magneton on my squad.. against all Flying-types? LOL. Yes please.

1st trainer, wiped out.

Double battle, quick and easy.

3rd battle before Winona, another Magneton win.

Winona time.. I feel extremely confident. I have Magneton and Wheez as the defensive powerhouses. Then Kippin the Swampert that has had my back through it all.

Magneton vs Swablu.. easy enough.. 'Spark'

Magneton vs Altaria.. so.. more of the same.. sounds good.

Hey guys.. did you all know Altaria knows Earthquake?

Yeah.. I didn't.

Magneton.. RIP. Are you ****ing kidding me.. I will never catch a break.

Well it's not over. Altaria vs Kippin it goes..

Surf vs Dragonbreath.. Kippin gets paralyzed.. and Surf doesn't do hardly anything.. I push Surf a few more times.. and get Altaria about halfway.. then they switch it out for Tropius.

I switch to Wheez.. handle Tropius.

The rest of the battle is a ****ing blur.. but I do know that Google died as well.. probably because I'm just an idiot..

as you can see from the picture below.. even Kippin almost headed to the graveyard.

[IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2jg0c1v.png[/IMG]

I'm playing like a *******.. I've lost very valuable Pokemon along the journey because of my stupidity and poor luck..

Will this journey continue on? Or will I retire my journey.. and concede defeat.. and possibly.. one day.. go out and try again.

Who knows.. but I also know this world is a lot to handle.

@RNG Reporter: I'm sorry for your multiple losses. Also, next gym is Tate+Liza. On Ruby and Sapphire, they have Solrock and Lunatone. Movesets:

Solrock(Lv. 42): Sunny Day, SolarBeam, Flamethrower, Psychic
    Lunatone(Lv. 42): Calm Mind, Psychic, Hypnosis, Light Screen

On Emerald, two more are added:

Xatu: Calm Mind, Psychic, Confuse Ray, Sunny Day
    Claydol: Earthquake, AncientPower, Light Screen, Psychic

It seems you've lost a lot of Pokemon in gyms due to lack of knowledge of their movesets, so I thought this may be helpful. Good luck, and keep Wheez out of there.
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Thanks for the help.. seems like if I level up Swampert a bit more.. all I need is another Pokemon to help and I should be okay. Hopefully I run into something worthwhile.

If this gym proves to be too much for me.. it might be the end for this journey.

[I've recorded 26hours into this journey.. ON MY DROID PHONE lol.. I can't have it all wasted]

@RNG: Swampert will be extremely useful this gym. Surf is the best move to use, but remember, it's nerfed by Sunny Day, and then Solrock can launch a SolarBeam at Swampert. A Dark type would wall Lunatone, so you could try killing Solrock, then leaving the rest to, say, a Nuzleaf. Good luck!
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

@RNG Reporter, don't quit. You have had some bad luck, but no one said it would be easy right? If you'd like a tip, one word: research. Never go into a Team Aqua/Magma boss battle or gym battle or any important battles without knowing what's coming.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

So, pretty big update here.

Ok so I beat up May with ease, and moved on to Mauville. Went west grabbed a totally useless Marril for the team, when I clearly still need a grass type like oddish. Moving on, I grinded for a while, and then Larry, my Makuhita, was one level from evolution, so I went to Cycling Road to beat some trainers up. I was watching TV while I did it, Larry beat a Magnemite right after it used Metal Sound on him. Another Magnemite up next. I just thought a simple Vital Throw would take it out so Larry stayed in. Thundershock, dead. Into the R.I.P. box with him....

So having lost a seriously important member on my team, I went to the gym, ready for Tank the marshtomp to kick some ***. And he did. I challenged Wattson and he throws a Voltorb out. Selfdestruct, I hold my breath... but I don't call him Tank for nothing, and he withstands that critical hit. I think I accidentally healed him, breaking my own personal rule, but it was an accident so I've decided to just abolish that rule altogether. Tank swept the rest easily with mud shot. Next up, got strength, went north to find what I hoped to be a Numel. I went into the grass and found my Numel to my relief, since Camerupt is an awesome powerhouse who could hopefully replace Larry's place on the team for now. Docile nature, NN'd Val.

Now I grind my Numel until it's 25, picked up a machop from Fiery Path somewhere in the middle and taught it strength. Decided to hold off training it, and threw him in the daycare for now. Anyway, I moved on with my journey, with my three main pokemon, Val the Numel, Tank the Marshtomp, and Tweety the Swellow.

Moved along to Fallarbor, picked up a Spinda on the way. Went east and caught a Swablu, possibly a powerful member to be called upon, should I need her. But not now. Went to Meteor Falls, training my pokemon up along the way, and found a Zubat inside. Caught it and named it Bitey. Modest nature....

After the Meteor Falls incident, I head to Mt. Chimney and beat up the Magmas. I took caution since I was worried about Maxie's Camerupt, but we came out with the easy win. Went down into Jagged Path, where I was happy to see Val evolve into Camerupt! Attack and Sp. Attack both went up like fricking 20, so he's my strongest member now. Caught a second machop of my own desire because my first had a bold nature. This one's naughty, so I'm pretty satisfied there. And that brings me to the gym. You guys think I'm ready?

Tank

LV: 32
    -Tackle
    -Take Down
    -Mud Shot
    -Water Gun

Tweety

LV:32
    -Wing Attack
    -Quick Attack
    -Steel Wing
    -Endeavor

Val

LV:33
    -Ember
    -Take Down
    -Rock Slide
    -Magnitude

I've got 3 other pokemon in my party, but I won't use them. What do you guys think, will everyone survive?
    Last edited by Terra Force; 14th July 2012 at 3:05 AM.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

The fire gym right? Idk man.. thankfully you do have camelrupt with ground and rock attacks.. u can do it!

Thanks for the support guys. Btw.

Sorry about your losses RNG...but thanks for reminding me about Overheat. That is my next gym battle in my Ruby Nuzlocke.
    Right now I'm in Fallabor Town getting ready to take on the gym. But an update from my last post
    After taking out May I went to Mauville City and immediately took on the gym thinking that I had it in the bag...Oh, that overconfidence, shoulda given me a warning. I led off with my Nincada, knowing that being part ground will make her immune to electric attacks. I almost lost her to a crit but thankfully she survived and I replaced her with Bremish and was successful in getting my badge. Up through rte 112, I met Numerupt the Numel, got to Fiery Path and was hoping for a Torkoal, but was cursed once again with a Koffing, that I named Kokofezing. Next I started through the ash covered rte 113, hoping that I don't get a lousy Spinda, and I get three steps in...oh-oh, it's, it's a Skarmory!!! Yes, I really like Skaar and as soon as I get to town I replace Bremish with Skaar. I talk to Lanette and then head off to her house on rte 114. One step in to the grass, and I get a hit on a *SWEET!* Zangoose I catch and name Zannga. I encounter my next fav a swablu and hope I can find one on another rte. into meteor falls and catch a zubat, that I name Zugocrabat. Save the scientist, run after team magma and get back the meteorite, get to Fallarbour Town where I intend to start training for the gym. Then I read RNG's run on the gym, oh-oh, I really need to level up my team.
    Current team: Mazuma, the Azumarill lvl 22 - Tackle, Rollout, Tail Whip and Water Gun
    Linzig, the Linoone lvl 22 - Cut, Strength, Headbutt and Sand Attack (cannot box yet, must be lvl 25 - my rule original 6 cannot be boxed until they reach lvl 25)
    Skaar, the Skarmory lvl 20 - Peck, Sand Attack, Swift, and Rock Smash (will probably switch out. lol)
    Cadjask, the Ninjask lvl 25 - Fury Cutter,Screech, Double Team and Leech Life (now that she is at lvl 25 I can box her)
    Abradabra, the Kadabra lvl 25 - Confusion, Recover, Psybeam and Teleport
    and Mana, my Grovyle lvl 25 - Quick Attack, Absorb, Pursuit and Bullet Seed.

I'm thinking of taking Numerupt and training her for this gym...any other suggestions guys....?
        Spoiler:- Dream world name:
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

You will definitely need some fire-taking abilities.. so get the camel out. Level up, and goodluck!

_______________________-

Emerald Nuzlocke Run #1.. Kippin the Mudkip as my starter..

I decided to end it. I concede defeat.. and admit I was in over my head in the first Nuzlocke run I've ever attempted. I tried to continue on.. but Kippin and Wheez were unable to find reliable teammates along the way.. and were underperforming, that Milotic trainer? What a pain.., a lot of close calls that I didn't expect also. You can't always win.. and with a Nuzlocke.. there's only so much you can control.

I do love the concept of Nuzlockes.. and I want to go again. I need to control myself.. remember that my team is not expendable.. and go on with determination and patience.

Emerald Nuzlocke Run #2: The revival

Rules:

- No items during battle
    - Main 3 rules in opening post applies
    - No repeat Pokemon; unless the Pokemon has already fainted
    - 1 route, 1 Pokemon. Explained: Caves/Buildings; 1 level, 1 Pokemon. If route has water and grass, 1 Pokemon allowed for each surface. [So each Pokemon gets a chance to be caught]
    - PC allowed unlimited
    - Switch setting
    - Level limit; I don't know set levels of trainers and gyms.. but no higher than 10 above battles.

I go on my journey once again.. after taking a 'Pokemon' year long break to get more understanding of the world around me. I feel as though I've matured and am now focused more than i was before.

I move to a new town.. and help the professor escape a battle.

I use..

Pex the Treecko. I believe he has the calmness yet courage.. as I do.. to be a strong face in the Pokemon World.

Once I receive my 'balls' , I search on the first route I can..

Wigs the Wurmple. Meh. Welcome to the squad.

As I level up my team a bit.. Wigs evolves.. into what you might be wonder?

Well.. well.. alright then.

I head up to where I battled May.. and run into my 3rd teammate.

Fangs the Poochyena. A bit 'Lonely', but I hope he can be comfortable with me soon.

As I level my pokes up.. we do well. I go West to see what other Pokemon is out there.. I land upon a..

Dish the Lotad. I don't feel I need him atm.. so I box him for now, as Treecko can handle the grass duties for now.

As I level my guys up.. all is well. Currently my Pokemon are roughly 5-6 levels above the Wild Pokemon.. which protects me from getting a cheap death and I can level up with confidence.

[IMG]http://i45.*******.com/b6zn93.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i45.*******.com/21ljsow.png[/IMG]

So this is what my team looks like. [above]

Edit; as I post this. just imagine each of those Pokemon 2 levels higher. Playing atm.

Spoiler:- old habits die hard:

As Wigs dies.. I find myself having to deal with my undoing of last years attempt. As I head to my fathers gym to talk about my journey, in the the back of my head though, I keep questioning myself and my abilities.

I head West of his gym and look towards my next Pokemon.. hoping for something other than a Pooch or a Wurmple.. and I land upon a..

Maril! Sweet.. will catch!

Guess what? Fangs decided that Maril would not be part of my squad.. and instead of listening to me to take it easy and catch it.. Fangs crit hit it halway through the catching process.. and landed a KO.

No Maril for me.. wonderful. I feel like it would have been cool.

Next up.. Petalburg Woods.. let's see what I get. No point in wasting time as there are a few trainers that need dealing with.

First patch of grass inside the 'Woods', here it is..

A Shroomish.

Yay/Nay Pokemon for me.. but you can't pass up a rare Pokemon like Shroomish.. so I catch her.

In dedication to the late 'Muffin'.. I name this cutie Biscuit. And guess what? ADAMANT nature. What luck.. only problem.. more than half the Pokemon I have are Grass types.. lol.. what the hell is this. Not a big fan. But Nuzlocke is Nuzlocke.

/game saved

My Team
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/rcvtzs.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/35n5ybq.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2aj2clt.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2lieuqr.png[/IMG]

Honestly, Adamant isn't too good for a gen 3 Shroomish, since all Grass attacks are special. Breloom may be a physical attacker, but it's got respectable special attack... so it's honestly kind of a suckish nature. You got really lucky with the other three though, hehe. Also, is your Treecko named Pex or Gex? The screenshots say Gex but you refer to him as Pex...
    I don't have a signature because I can't think of anything interesting to put in it. But hey, better than an enormous ugly banner that takes five seconds to scroll past, right?

I'm retarded. It's Gex.

Also, it's Fang not Fangs. Lol..

I know Adamant isn't best for Biscuit.. since I am aware of the phy/spec split and all.. but the Gen 4/5 in me got excited. Either way.. I don't need more Grass in my life.

Sorry to hear that you conceded defeat RNG, luck on the new one (it's almost deja vu for my start - a lot of ****ing grass types)

An update for my Ruby...
    Got tired of trying to level up my Azumaril, Mazuma and Numerupt (via Exp. Share) Soooo, I take a deep breath and enter the gym to face Flannery. Mazuma was at lvl 26, and Numerupt was at lvl 20.
    Out comes slugma, easy-peasy, one Bubblebeam, and I'm onto the next. She sends out Numel, okay Mazuma can handle that with Bubblebeam too. Next up was Camelrupt, I'm thinking of using Rollout now just to take out Torkoal on it's 4th and 5th hits. Nah, hit Camelrupt with Bubblebeam, into the yellow, he hits me with Earthquake, not much damage. I go to use another Bubblebeam and Flannery heals the big beast. Okay, Bubble away...ember, and I get burned. I had given Mazuma a Rawst berry so I get healed right away. Bubblebeam, ohhh! just about had 'im, that Camelrupt was tough. Flannery uses another Hyper Potion, I pummel him with Bubbles til he drops....
    Sigh, 3 down, 1 to go. I'm scared of that Overheat, she might be a water type, but that move would boil her alive.
    Out comes Torkoal, I fire off a Bubblebeam, 1/3 down, Bodyslam - paralysed! D***, I ignore the stat and fire off another Bubblebeam, Attract is the move used. Torkoal is male, and, uh-oh Mazuma is a girl. Okay switch out, to Abradabra, he gets hit with Bodyslam, red line, ouch, Mazuma is put back out. Another Bodyslam, I use a Super potion. I get hit with another Bodyslam, I reply with a Bubblebeam. Attract (I am really beginning to hate that move). I try a Bubblebeam, Zzzt, I'm paralysed, no move. Bodyslam. Super Potion. Bodyslam. *Sigh*, Bubblebeam. Sorry, Mazuma it too infatuated. Bodyslam. Low yellow, okay I need to do something here. Ah, I have one Full Restore, I use it. Bodyslam - paralysed. **** (my roommate is glaring at me now, I ignore her). Bubblebeam. Attract. This is getting old...okay I'm going to skip ahead, just repeat the above several times, minus the Full Restore. I'm paralysed and infatuated, Torkoal is in the low reds, I'm mid yellow, *fingers crossed*, Bubblebeam...and Mazuma responds. Oh! My! G**! I have the badge.
    I'm gonna go throw up now....

Save game and go to bed.
        Spoiler:- Dream world name:
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

Congrats on the badge Fenyxfyr, it's not an especially easy one. RNG I'm sorry to hear about you giving up, but I wish you the best on your new one! Also adamant is actually very good, considering you've already got Treecko, who's got awesome sp. attack as it is, and you won't need Breloom's grass type moves. I envy your luck to get one. I am in need of some sort of fighting type.

I'm feeling really confident with my team right now. Good levels, strong pokemon overall. Ok so I challenged Flannery and she gave me no trouble at all. With my brand new Go-goggles, I go into the desert and pick up a Sandshrew (Slasher) and Trapinch (Mirage Tower). I've been waiting for this trapinch, who I named Killer. I trained it up, which took AGES to do, since I went all the way up to 33 in the desert. Wiped out all of the trainers in the desert and headed over to Norman's gym.

So I arrived, beat the trainers up, and all my pokemon were level 34. I had Bulbapedia as my guide, and challenged him. First pokemon, Spinda, Overheat (glad I taught Camerupt that), done. Switch out to Zanna my level 15 Sableye. His Linoone uses Belly Drum, maximizes its attack, I use rock smash. It only has normal moves, and fails to do **** to me, so I rock smash away and eventually take it down. Next up is Vigorith, Overheat and he's down. Slaking, I send in Tank the Marshtomp to tank some hits. He endures facade, and hits with Mud Shot. Another Mud Shot, he loafs. One more Facade endurance and a Mud shot and its over.

So then I teach Tank Surf and do a ton of training and extra stuff that I couldn't do before. During this a few significant things happen: Tank evolves to Swampert, Killer evolves to Vibrava and his attack drops like 20, Camerupt learned Earthquake, and I caught: Planty the Lileep, Birdy the Swellow, Peeko the Wingull, Poke Ball the Voltorb, and Lily the Oddish. Now I'm in Fortree with confidence in my team, and I'm ready to beat Winona.

Team:

Tank

LV: 40
    -Surf
    -Mud Shot
    -Take Down
    -Ice Beam

Killer

-DragonBreath
    -Crunch
    -Dig
    -Secret Power

Tweety

-Aerial Ace
    -Steel Wing
    -Facade
    -Quick Attack

Val

-Earthquake
    -Overheat
    -Strength
    -Rock Slide

Not sure if I'll give TWeety fly yet, but his movepool pretty much sucks.

Complete!

Doing a ruby nuzlock. From my experience, they're not kidding when they say Nuzlock strengthens bond with pokemon. For example, I used to think Wingulls suck. Now, I lost one and it was so sad

Anyway, my team so far...

Kip (Mudkip)
    LV 14

ZigZag (Zigzagoon)
    LV 13

DEAD:

Nuzdot (Seedot)

LOUD!!! (Whishmer)

Gull (Wingull)

BADGES: 1
    Last edited by Chidori__O; 16th July 2012 at 5:21 AM. Reason: Wingull People, I forgot to add him...
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Well perhaps it was my overconfidence that cost me. But I lost a great member last night.

So I was sorta just rematching a lot of trainers and battled the tv crew a couple times. So I went into battle against Ty and Gabby with Tweety the Swellow and Val the Camerupt. They had Magneton and Loudred. I thought it would be easy work for Camerupt, just an earthquake to win it. Swellow used Quick Attack to assure Loudred would die from Earthquake. Then Magneton used Spark and killed Tweety, the pokemon who has been there through it all, my first captured pokemon.

Maybe this is a good thing, since tweety wouldn't have helped much in the E4, but still it brings a chunk of coverage out of my team. So now I am going to train up another pokemon, probably Bellossom, Vileplume, Cradily, or something else, who knows really.

Complete!

started off with withdrawing meowgi, in hopes that bite would help against the rivals Kadabra on the SS. Anne. Caught a Drowzee on route 11 named Zeebo before i trained Meowgi. After a few battles i realize meowgis Bite is doing very little damage to the drowzee which are 1 level lower than it. I then went back to the PC and brought panda back out, while deciding against replacing Flygon for Zeebo for now. After Battling all the Route 11 trainer we headed for the SS. Anne, where Panda Evolved. After finishing off most of the trainers we headed for Gary.

Iggy took out Pidgeotto after it stalled its defeat with sand attack.
    Panda took out Raticate with a Hyper Fang and quick attack. Raticate only got 1 tail whip off.
    Panda also took out Kadabra in 1 hyper fang,
    Adele then came out and mega Punched Charmeleon away.

After that surprisingly easy battle, i healed my team in my cabin and we headed to the gym. To get in I Put Ch'DING away for Meowgi so she can use cut. Surge and friends were easy to beat thanks to iggy, Dig took care of everyone. Raichu was the only problem thanks to double team and being Paralyzed by static. Iggy evolved afterward and i got the bike Vocher before saving.

Team
    Andre lvl 23
    Flygon lvl 20
    Iggy lvl 22
    Panda lvl 20
    CH'DING lvl 20
    Adele lvl 21

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    started off with withdrawing meowgi, in hopes that bite would help against the rivals Kadabra on the SS. Anne. Caught a Drowzee on route 11 named Zeebo before i trained Meowgi. After a few battles i realize meowgis Bite is doing very little damage to the drowzee which are 1 level lower than it. I then went back to the PC and brought panda back out, while deciding against replacing Flygon for Zeebo for now. After Battling all the Route 11 trainer we headed for the SS. Anne, where Panda Evolved. After finishing off most of the trainers we headed for Gary.

Iggy took out Pidgeotto after it stalled its defeat with sand attack.
    Panda took out Raticate with a Hyper Fang and quick attack. Raticate only got 1 tail whip off.
    Panda also took out Kadabra in 1 hyper fang,
    Adele then came out and mega Punched Charmeleon away.

After that surprisingly easy battle, i healed my team in my cabin and we headed to the gym. To get in I Put Ch'DING away for Meowgi so she can use cut. Surge and friends were easy to beat thanks to iggy, Dig took care of everyone. Raichu was the only problem thanks to double team and being Paralyzed by static. Iggy evolved afterward and i got the bike Vocher before saving.

Team
    Andre lvl 23
    Flygon lvl 20
    Iggy lvl 22
    Panda lvl 20
    CH'DING lvl 20
    Adele lvl 21
    Wow, no deaths in the Kanto region yet? That's pretty good! Are you playing on set? I am.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

well to be truthful, panda did die to the rival in Cerulean, but i had a revive from Mt Moon, and used it. I let my self use revives only if i find them on the floor

She was the only death though, which im surprised by. I do buy Super Potions often which helps i suppose, and ive also had some other close calls.

It's been a while.. so enjoy seeing what's been going on in my journey.

As I'm in the woods, I work on training up Gex and Fang. Along with Biscuit[the Adamant Shroomish], trying to see if she can prove a different look than Gex already gives me. I don't see much thrill coming from Biscuit.. so I box her for good; Gex can cover them both right now.

Gex and Fang get up to level 14, Bite and Quick Attack are looking to be very solid moves.

Once we leave the woods we head straight up behind the berry house, hoping for maybe a Marill, if it's even around. I want a water Pokemon asap.

Taillow.. well.. a bird Pokemon would be nice, let's go for it.

Caught.. Timid nature.

It's a shame, I gave it such an awesome name, Rocket. Oh well, boxed it is. Although still in-game.. I need all the ATK stats I can get.

Gex and Fang.. who now go by 'Gang' work on the trainers on the way to Rustboro.

Easy work, nice levels still. 14 Gex/15 Fang.

We bypass all the buildings and look for the new route for a Pokemon.. the odds are good.. and out pops a

Nincada.

Welcome Nina the Nincada.. Docile.

As I work on leveling her up.. I notice how underwhelming she is.. and honestly.. it's stressful. But man.. I want that Shedinja.. so let's go for it!

I teach her Cut and slash away at Wild Pokemon, getting her to level 10.

I save ppl, Peeko, yada yada.. good times. I decide to catch a Whismur since it's in the tunnel.

Mach the Whismur is aboard. And holy hell.. this thing actually packs a punch. Pound and Uproar are great.. especially in the Tunnel since Soundproof blocks opposing Uproars. Word.

I get that beauty to level 13 in no time.

We battle Roxanne. [I think that's her name]

Gex really destroy everyone with Absorb.. still a Treecko.

Now to the Gym Leader. Again.. Gex beats the first two Pokemon.. and out comes Nosepass.

1. I forgot it was level 15. [same level as Treecko now]. 2. I forgot it's bulky as ****, and Absorb is a weak-*** Grass-type move.

Gex is also unable to handle powerful hits atm.. so Rock Tomb does some major damage. Unfortunately I was only able to dish out two Absorbs.. and could only take two Rock Tombs before being down to less than half health.. no way in hell will Gex survive.. damn.. I think I'm screwed.

I need to sacrifice someone.. I have no other option. The next hit will surely kill Gex.. severely weaken Fang which will help me in no way whatsoever.. or kill Nina.. [Mach was showing a lot of potential, couldn't risk her]

I sacrifice Nina.. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.. I'm sorry you beautiful *****.

RIP

Nina takes the hit like a champ.. as she turns and looks at me before falling.. to say, "**** you man.. **** you."

I switch in Fang.. he's my only hope. I have one option.. Sand-Attack the **** out of Nosepass.. I pull off 6 Sand-Attacks.. while taking 1 Rock Tomb.

Sand-Attack.. the *****iest move.. whatever.. I was pushed into a corner. Gotta survive.

Then I proceed to Bite the hell out of Nosepass until he drops. Mind you.. Potions, Super Potions were happening non-stop. Thankfully he fell.. and 'Gang' we both able to level up in the process. I dodged a huge bullet.

[IMG]http://i48.*******.com/24m4w0k.png[/IMG]

Guess who evolved?

Looking pretty boss tbh.. unfortunately the Emerald sprite doesn't look as awesome.. but that speed.. THAT SPEED.

We win, we then battle a few trainers by the cave to level up a bit.

As we head back down.. May is waiting for me. I have confidence.. my team is looking decent.. let's roll.

I forgot her exact team.. but I do know she has a Torchic. Mach killed the first Pokemon.. Since Mach the Whismur was already in.. and since I know Torchic doesn't have a fighting move.. I stay in for the final matchup.

[IMG]http://i45.*******.com/2d8ew06.png[/IMG]

Lv 14 Whismur vs Lv 15 Torchic

I honestly thought I would be able to handle the baby bird.. but I messed up.. I used Uproar instead of Pound. Which locks me into the battle.

Torchic Embers.. then Embers again for the KO. **** man.. Brain-fart.

Mach is done. Ughhhhhhhhhh. I wasted two Pokemon potentials.. kind of avoidable.. but I don't feel too upset at myself.

I finish Torchic off with Fang.. and save file.

My Team atm:

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/203yhw.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2dqoivn.png[/IMG]

Next up, boat to Dewford, caves, and hey.. OLD ROD. I'll get that water pokemon.. lol.

I arrive in Dewford, and grab the Old Rod straight away.

It's a win/win for me.. as I believe a Magikarp or a Tentacool will do well.

Out pops a Tentacool!

I decide to go for him... and nickname him..

MEGAMIND

Relaxed nature. So it definitely messes with his speed.. but at least the SpDef will get a boost.

I work on leveling up Megamind.. and notice it's not going to be easy.. especially with a 'slow' EXP Growth.. basically a zubat with water typing lol.. poor movepool atm.

Anyways.. i head to the graphite cave.. looking for something decent. Makuhita comes out of the wild! Nice. Thank god it has a high encounter rate.

Catch him.

Kahim the Makuhita. Has Guts.. which will be nice while I absorb status.. which 3rd gen has plenty of.

Nothing else but Steven and TM-Steel Wing come from the cave.. so looks like this is my squad for a bit..

Grovyle, Mighteyna, Makuhita, and Tentacool. I'm definitely going to need patience with those slow level-uppers.. but I can't get too attached.. Nuzlocke likes to break hearts.

Grovyle and Tentacool were able to handle the fighting gym.. and thankfully Meditite only does Focus Punch.. so as long as I kept attacking.. it was a breeze. The opposing Makuhita was kind of a difficult task though..

Such a bulky Pokemon.. it's unreal. I hope mine does the same.

I win, no casualties. [HOORAY!!!]. Then head to Slateport.

-btw, I've been playing a while.. I'm currently at Mauville-

Just been a long day, and played a bunch.. a bit tired of writing atm. so I won't bore you all.

Highlights.

I went North of Slateport.. and found an Electrike..

Crit kill ftl.. bleh. Would have been nice.

This time around.. I know May will have Combusken ready to go with Peck/Ember/Double Kick [what a ****ing movepool man..]

So I make sure to level my Pokes up a bit more than hers.. so 25-26 is where we went. Tentacool handled them like a champ.. I was impressed.. I hope when he evolves.. he grows some more bulk and stability.

Get to Mauville and I will not underestimate my opponents again..

My Grovyle has no bulk whatsoever.. so it can't do much.. Mighteyna can't take hits.. so Manectric, etc will slaughter him.. I'm currently working on getting my Makuhita strong enough to get ready to face the Magneton that awaits him.. I don't feel he's ready.. I just don't. My Pokemon are so frail.. and I now understand why people say if you don't have Mudkip or Torchic.. Wattson is the devil. Too bad Tentacool is worthless in this gym.. his solid defense would be nice.. oh well.

As I go West of Mauville.. I run into an Oddish.. but I just box and save.

Raddish the Oddish I might add.

So here I am.. Mauville.. in wild grass.. preparing one of the toughest challenges for my team.. a few more levels and we're ready to go.
    He has a Voltorb that likes to selfdestruct, the Electrike that has a decent shockwave + static, a Manectric that is very powerful and shockwave.. then the magneton.. vs the only pokemon i have that can handle it.. Kahim the NOW Hariyama.
    edit; I've now grinded as much as my eyes and fingers can handle..
    I mean.. cmon.. my Pokes have like 7 levels above most of them.. we have to do it. And as long as Fang can knock out the weak two in Wattson's group with Bite.. it can open up the battle for Kahim to use it's bulk and power to beat Magneton and Manectric.

I have that Shroomish in my PC.. so if things do go south.. and I get completely raped and ****ed by crits, paralyzes, or just beat bad.. I can use Biscuit to level up and Mach Punch me to victory, hopefully.

Gex the Grovyle
    Lvl 27
    - Pound
    - Quick Attack
    - Absorb
    - Pursuit

Fang the Mightyena
    Lvl 27
    - Bite
    - Tackle
    - Howl
    - Swagger

Megamind the Tentacool
    Lvl 27
    - Acid
    - Poison Sting
    - Bubblebeam
    - Supersonic

Kahim the Hariyama
    Lvl 24
    - Fake Out
    - Arm Thrust
    - Vital Throw
    - Tackle

My team played Wattson exactly how I hoped.

Fangs took Voltorb out with 2 Bites exactly.. only had to deal with a ShockWave which thankfully didn't paralyze me.

Fangs then faced the Electrike [I kept thinking Electivire.. lol] And again.. 2 Bites were able to handle it.. but unfortunately it got paralyzed.. so imo, that was the end for him.. which is fine.. he couldn't handle the other two. Wattson sends out Magneton.. I switch out Fang for Kahim.

This is is.. it's either win or go home. I go with Fake Out first.. to get a little damage on it.. hardly any.. but at least maybe Vital Throw will get closer to KO range.

Magneton goes with T-Wave.. FINALLY GUTS CAN BE USED! I think he just ****ed himself..

Vital Throw just slaughters Magneton.. but up next is Manectric.. and I honestly have no other option but stick with Kahim.. since the bulk and power is all I've got to go with.

I take a Shock Wave.. I hit back with VThrow. Wattson uses a SPotion.. I VThrow again. Still not dead.. Manectric hits with ShockWave and gets me decently low. I finally get another VThrow in without being para-haxed.. and finish the gym.

Holy ****.. wooooooo. Dodged the bullet.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zmfdsn.png[/IMG]

I win then go North to the new areas full of Pokemon.

Numel baby.. once again shows it's face, like last journey. Looks like a good idea to keep him, so I catch and name Lemon.

I then go into the Path where more Pokemon live.. it would be nice to get a Koffing or maybe a Torkoal to battle for my fire-type.. but instead.

Machop gets caught.. as I never know when I need a fighting type.. and I name it Nacho.

During this time.. I stick to this Path and level up my Numel and other Pokemon.. getting each to lvl 29-30. Mainly Numel since it's so low..

I think what's next is to go to the Ashy Area where some Pokemon are.. let's test my luck.

I have a team of 5 atm.. they do cover each other decently.. so not sure what else I need.. but I'll just travel through to the next town since my Pokes are pretty ****ing high now. Beast levels.

So I head to the Ashy Area..

Question.. lol.. because this is just hilarious and a holy ****ing hell **** kasdlasd moment.

What are the odds of coming across a shiny Skarmory as the first Pokemon in the route.. AND the first patch of grass?
        Spoiler:- ooo:

So currently I'm saved at the Ashy grass.. about to level up my newly acquired Pokemon.. then head West once we're all level 30.

My Team
        Spoiler:- my team:

Maybe my luck is changing.. or maybe I've just been playing so damn much.. I've landed upon every percentage possible.. and the roll of the dice was quality.

I think my team looks good.. but it's definitely not that great. Grovyle and Mighteyna are still unable to take any hit whatsoever. I now have 2 ground weaks, and my only fire-resist is weak to ground attacks they tend to carry.

I also have flying weaknesses.. which I have no resistance to.. Winona will be so difficult.

Also.. I am completely confident that i will lose half this team vs Norman. I lost valuable Pokemon last time. His sheer power will kick my ***. Slaking.. bleh

Until next time.

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Onto my update.. after retrieving the Skarmory, It's roughly 13 levels below my team, and with Flaanery as the next true opponent, I believe it's pointless for me to go all out in catching it up. So instead I prepare the few Pokemon that will actually do something vs the fire gym + Team Magma. Lemon, Megamind, and Kahim.

Side note; I hope at some point.. Gex is worthwhile.. lol. Because so far he's been doing **** all, and has been sitting at the back of the party while I kill **** with everyone else. Treecko is not for the weak.

Back to the story. There really isn't much battling available between the Skarmory catch and the Fire-gym. There just isn't. Especially when all my Pokemon are just dominate vs the wild Pokemon.. and the trainers are few and far between.

I did go West of Fallabor Town and test my luck at the grassy patches.

Swablu? Would be nice. Seviper? Meh.. no thanks. So really.. the only quality Pokemon would be Swablu for me..

I pull..

The evolved form of what I already have. I catch him anyways, name him 'Hombre' and box. He actually has a quality nature, Naive. So if I do ever need him.. he's decently equipped.

I head to the Meteor Falls.. to activate the "battle for middle-earth" with Magma and Aqua. **** is about to get good now.. battles and battles are in my future for sure.

"Oh yeah.. Zubats and Solrocks are in here.. sweet!"

I get..

Bleh.. bummer. I name her Tabby.. i do catch her and she has a 'Naive nature'. Again.. niiiiiiiiice.

I've been pretty lucky with natures in this journey.. I've noticed that the natures duplicate with my Pokemon. Say I have 1 Adamant.. It's a given that I'll have another Adamant nature somewhere in my party or box.. strange system.

So I head to the Magma Meteorite Site.. and try to fight my way to the bossman. His team is pretty solid actually.. I forgot.

Mightyena was decently equipped.. but my Lemon/Numel took him out like a champ. Next was Camelrupt.. Lemon is still just a child.. don't face the dad just yet. So i switched to Megamind for the simple 4x water win.

Afterwards I headed South. Rugged Path or something like that.

Spoink baby!

Idk what the odds are of me landing her.. but she looks cool as hell.

Name the 'Lonely natured' pig Spork, and box. Apparently Lonely is horrible.. so that's a dead end.

Fire-gym time..

Oh btw, I noticed Lemon was just 1 level away from becoming a fat beast.. so I did it.

to

This guy looks so awesome.. I love him. I hope he never dies.. llol.

So Megamind is level 31.. and definitely prepared to run through this gym. Honestly.. I didn't have to use anyone else.. I didn't expect to have the level power I did, and Tentacruel to be so dominant with that Bubblebeam. Reminded me of the old R/B days of Bubblebeam.

I did fear a potential Ground-type attack from something.. but all in all.. it was a comfortable gym run. Thank God.. last time it was brutal.

Torkoal showed it's worth once again though.. being a durable beast and landing a solid Body Slam that could have ****ed me over.. but thankfully as you can see.. Megamind is TOO STRONGTH.

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/ngafbk.png[/IMG]

I dont want to get too confident though.. but I had a solid showing and it looks as though my pieces are coming together.

One thing I do have an issue with.. more like.. a Pokemon I have an issue with.

Fang..

He's been my pup since the very very beginning.. and was a solid partner.. but lately, he's just been performing below par, and the fact that his STAB is special.. while his ATK is high and wasted with 'Tackle'.. including his weak defenses.. he's just not going to last long. I don't want to carry him until he dies.. he deserves better.

So instead.. it's time.. in this journey.. to box my beloved pup, Fang, and look towards the future.

Fang Lvl 29
    Lonely nature
    - Bite
    - Tackle
    - Howl
    - Swagger

I feel bad that I'm casting him aside.. especially what he's gone through during his young life being all alone [lonely nature] and never being good enough for others. But.. it's a dog eat dog world.

I box him, /save file.

Preparing to go to the sandy fields.. not looking for much. Then onto my next mission. Be ready to see Goblin catch up to the rest of my squad before my next gym battle. He will be needed in order for my team to continue on. Definitely.

Who will by #6 on the team? Only the Nuzlocke Gods know.

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/4v0g82.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i48.*******.com/zugx3t.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10dgw90.png[/IMG]

Lol oh yeah.. this fire-badge allows my Pokemon to be level 50.. imp:

j/k.. that would be ridiculous. I already have 26 hours in the game. My poor Android phone.. ha.

^ Major fricking congrats on Shiny Skarmory! That's insane luck! Btw funny you mentioned the natures thing, it's because of Emeralds broken RNG. look it up, it's pretty weird.

__________________________________________________ ____

Okay so I have some good news, and some bad news. Bad news first. After training Lily to level 35, I was rebattling a trainer with a Breloom, and used Sludge Bomb, bringing it down to the red. Counter, and Lily's life is over. Better her than one of my other members, but still...

Now the good news. I was gonna train up Planty the Lileep, but I decided against it. I moved on, destroying trainers as I went, and eventually Killer evolved into Flygon. Then I caught a Mightyena. Eventually I got around to the Safari Zone. If you don't know, there are four zones in the Hoenn safari zone. Each one has different pokemon, so I treated them as different areas. In the SouthEast area, I immediately ran into a Natu, and caught it. Named it Psycho. SouthWest area, ran into Oddish, passed since I already had caught one, and didn't want another that bad. Then I ran into Wobbufett who ran away after mocking me with three wiggles a couple times. NorthWest, ran into an Oddish, ran away. Went into another battle and..... a fricking PINSIR appeared! 5% fricking chance! I tried not to get my hopes up, after all, what were the chances of me actually cathing it? I threw a ball, wiggled three times broke out. I threw a couple more and it broke out. I was surprised it had stayed so long. But just one more ball and I had it! Pinsir is one of my favorite pokemon so I was extremely excited. She was named Penny and had a neutral nature. I've started training her up, and I can already tell she'll be a powerhouse if I can keep her alive.

Complete!

Aww man, you shoulda left Lemon unevolved until he got Earthquake. Numel gets it at 35, but now he'll have to wait until 37. Not a big difference, but I'd say it's worth it.

Also, holy crap you got lucky with that shiny Skarmory. I mean, what are the odds of getting a shiny version of something with a 5% encounter rate as your first encounter!? Not only that, but it's a Pokčmon that is actually good in battle, and looks pretty cool as a shiny. Aaaaah I'm so jealous :<
    I don't have a signature because I can't think of anything interesting to put in it. But hey, better than an enormous ugly banner that takes five seconds to scroll past, right?

Thanks guys. It's seriously the most amazing moment of my Pokemon life.. sorry for all the "***" im a little out of control when i write haha.

I can't believe you're name is Muffinz, and your avatar is Breloom.. I named my old Shroomish Muffin.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast