Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Unhappy

My journey ended today...here how it went.
    So, I got everyone to level 7, and went off to the town with your dad. After that, I killed something, I think it was a Wirmple. (This caused my journal to end so soon, I believe)
    I went into the forest...Ziga-fainted...oh well...
    Route 116 came by:

Ziggy Level 8 female
    Nature: Bashful
    Met on route 116
    Ability: Pick up
    ...I slapped cut on her, and went to get my next team member:

LittleBeat Level 7 female
    Nature: Naive
    Met in Rusturf Tunnel
    Ability: Soundproof
    I new I was going to get one, and so I was happy. But with two normal types on my team, I grew a heave weakness to fighting...I ignore it and keep going.
    I get the first badge and went happily to the next town to get my next member:

Nema Level 6 female
    Nature: Lax
    met in Deford Town
    Ability: Swift Swim
    -_- Who saw that coming?

I go into the cave and see my next member. Mac-

Zu level 8 female
    Nature: Quirky
    Met in Granite Cave
    Ability: Inner Focus
    I was like "NO!!" At first, but after catching her, I grew to love her. Teaching her Steel wing, and going to the next route to level up some more (I delivered the letter to Steven to get the ability to go to the next town before even battling the gym, I also got the Exp Share)

I get all the way to the next route to catch my nextand final) Pokemon.

Manik Level 12 male (his name came from a friend of mine)
    Nature: Sassy
    Met on Route 110
    Ability: Lightningrod
    I was hoping for a Gulpin, but he works too.
    So I go to the route around this one (uh...route 103, the east side I think...) and battle a trainer...who had a Skitty...
    I though Zu could take it...but she couldn't...
    Rest in Peace:
    Zu Level 8 to Level 15.
    I was hoping to show everyone that you, and all the Zubats in the world were not bad Pokemon...
    I head back to Dewford to take the gym...and this is when everything CRASHED!
    I take out Machop just fine with Ruby, who is a Grovyle now, and then...the fat wrestler baby, Makuhita came!
    I had to send someone to get hits on him AND take hits...Manik was first to go...
    Then Ruby...
    Nema...
    LittleBeat...
    Zanha...
    and finally...Susan.
    I have no other way to win now. So I saved...and stopped.
    I'll go through Ruby next. With a Torchic this time.
    I'll fill you in then.

Rest In Peace:
    Ruby, Level 5 to Level 18
    Zanha Level 4 to Level 15
    Susan Level 3 to Level 16
    LittleBeat Level 7 to Level 14
    Nema Level 6 to Level 9
    Manik Level 12 to Level 14

Well, good Luck to any of you who started a Nuzlocke, Congrats to who ever beat one Or got a shiny x3, and I am sorry for any of your loses.
    I'll be seeing you guys a little later.
    ~Mist

ShinyMisty. It is too bad that you lost.
    I too love Zubat but I decided to not use it this time.
    Here's My team.

Amelia LV 20
    Simon LV 20
    Cole LV 20
    Gillian LV 20
    Henry LV 20
    Benny LV 20

Boxed
    Claire LV 16
    Izzy LV 6
    Sumo LV 9
    Te'ijal LV 10
    The Doctor LV 8
    Sapphire LV 7
    Alice LV 6

In the RIP box.
    None

So here's some details.
    Henry got to LV 20 but I didn't save so I had to train him again.
    I was wearing a fedora while playing.
    All Makuhita fear me.
    Last edited by Tumnus; 30th July 2012 at 12:42 AM.

started this run off in route 9, where i found another spearow. Chose not to catch this spearow despite me trading the other one away. Fought through the trainers and reached Route 10 where i caught Orbat the Voltorb. Instead of adding Orbat to my team However, i chose to teach Shockwave to Adele for my electric type for now. I then taught CH'DING Aerial Ace and we headed into Rock Tunnel. Welcome Geeodude the Geodude to the PC Box. Not much happened in the rock tunnel, besides me almost losing CH'Ding, and i got lost a few times. Skip ahead to Route 8 and welcome 9Tailz the Vulpix. I Put Flygon in the PC and add 9Tailz to my team, then i save.

Gotta figure out where to train 9Tailz

Team
    Andre lvl 27
    Iggy lvl 25
    CH'DING lvl 24
    Panda lvl 23
    Adele lvl 23
    9Tailz lvl 17

So I checked my pokedex and... I haven't seen electrike yet. not saving that one time gave me another chance for a pokemon.
    Here's my new pokemon.
    Munch LV 12 gulpin
    The Oddish in the trick house used absorb on Amelia but it didn't even deal 30 damage.
    I beat Wally with Simon.
    and caught another pokemon.
    Rose LV 13 Roselia.
    I think I'll be done for today.

Here's My team.

Amelia LV 23
    Simon LV 22
    Cole LV 22
    Gillian LV 22
    Henry LV 20
    Benny LV 23

Boxed
    Claire LV 16
    Izzy LV 6
    Sumo LV 9
    Te'ijal LV 10
    The Doctor LV 8
    Sapphire LV 7
    Alice LV 6
    Munch LV 12
    Rose LV 13

In the RIP box.
    None

If anyone knows how to put pokemon into that box that you click on and it opens up the spoiler box tell me.
    Oh and did I forget to mension that when I beat the E4 all my pokemon are revived.
    Last edited by Tumnus; 30th July 2012 at 9:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumnus View Post
    If anyone knows how to put pokemon into that box that you click on and it opens up the spoiler box tell me.
    Oh and did I forget to mension that when I beat the E4 all my pokemon are revived.
    If you're talking about this:
        Spoiler:- Hi:

Just go to "Go Advanced" below you're Quick Post thingy.
    And in the settings like font and stuff above where you type, click on "Spo", and a pop-up will ask if you want a title, type in a title if you want, and click okay, there you go. Hope this helps.

I'll post about my Emerald Nuzlocke later.

Also, I've been away for a while and occasionally checking on my phone, but I couldn't post, So, anyways, I'm back, yay!!!!
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

So, after my fail, I start an Emerald run off Nuzlocke (with the same rules)
    And I start off with:

Arien (Named after a character of mine, who is a rooster) Level 5 Male
    Nature: Hasty (↑Speed ↓Defense)
    Met on Route 101
    I start with Torchic this time, hoping for a nice, easy run this time around. I never really used Torchic before, so it's a first (I also, fun fact, never used Treeko, ether). And I head off.
    My first catch was a happy one:

Pickle Level 2 Male
    Nature: Quiet (↑Special Attack ↓Speed)
    Met on Route 103
    Pickle...I don't care, it's cute xD
    He's good for the gym leader that took my team's life. I bring him along.
    My second catch:

Iggy Level 4 Male
    Nature: Modest (↑Special Attack ↓Attack)
    Met on Route 102
    I love him~ All I'll say~
    I killed something (once again) in that route with the ocean next to it, so poo.
    Then...I get something EPIC...

Pockie Level 5 Male
    Nature: Calm (↑Special Defense ↓Attack)
    Met in Petalburg Woods
    ...the game hates me. xD
    I head up and around to the next route, and THEN I get some Epicness.

James Level 7 Male
    Natue: Docile
    Met on Route 116
    *happy face* No way~~ Caught with my only Great Ball!
    And I head into the Rusturf Tunnel and catch MiniBeat.

MiniBeat Level 7 female
    Really...she's only here for remembering LittleBeat. *cries*
    I stop there, getting ready for the first gym, with THIS as my team:
    Arien lv12
    Pickle lv12
    Iggy lv11
    James lv11

--Can anyone get where I get James from? =3

Sorry for Commenting twice...but...
    yeah...
    Roxanne killed my team...
    Yes, I know...
    I'll be trying once more, With Mudkip.

Why must everything I train...die...?

Here comes my Emerald Nuzlocke update, a lot of things had pased since Maxie beat the crap out of me...

I had Wanda , Sir Tache , Fionna and Violet

Did some grind, found a male in Jagged Pass, named him Oliver.
    Fighted the trainers in the gym and is time to face the leader.

VS.

It was easy, Wanda took down Numel. With the Magnitude danger away I sent Sir Tache. He encored slugma in sunny day and maxed sp.def with amnesia, then took him out. Camerupt was also encored in sunny day and Body slam took him out. Torkoal got poisoned and encored in attract. Then the love immobilzed Sir Tache Three times and there was no more encore, so Sir Tache took three body slams and god paralized and red health. Fionna ended the work, it was easy because of the poison and innefectiveness of attract in a girl :]

Went to the desert for some training, lucky me, the "sand tower was there" actually is called Mirage Tower :P
    Aaaaand it's a girl, named her Envy.
    I choose the lileep fossil, since Light died and i should need a grass type...
    I trained a little more at the Desert, but it's an awfull place to train due to the sandstorm damage :/
    I went back to Petalburg, took all the trainers in the gym and it's time to face "Dad"

VS.

It wasn't easy. I spent all the healing items had against Spinda and Vigoroth, using Sir Tache. Linoone was easy for Violet, But Vigiroth encored her on fake out and spammed faint attacks. When Slaking came i decided to switch, sent Sir Tache, hoping encore him on facade to gain some turns for Violet, but facade was too strong and killed him. R.I.P. Sir Tache. then sent Violet, she did some damage with Faint attacks, thank to blackglasses :P but Slaking was strong and i prefered switch. So i remembered Fionna, she has Protect, I used protect in the attacking turns and smokescreen on the Truant ones. Then ember during the Truant turns... a critical hax and I won. I got the Balance Badge and now i can surf.

Soooo i decided to explore with my new HM and went north Rustboro, to the place you get Focus Punch... Fund a lvl 35 , name him Clarence. But her comes he worst part, the trainers there killed him :/ and Envy too :/ I flee off as quick as I coul cause Violet and Fionna were low in health too. Now I'm in troubles.
    I took out Marceline (), she can be helpfull, gave her exp. Share. Found a in route 115 (I didn't even know that it appears there, lol)
    I went to New Mauville hoping for a Magnemite, but i had a great surprise: a wild !!! it has like 1% of probability.. It took me all my balls to catch it, was the last, a timer ball the one that worked. I had catched an in 118, so now i have to decide wich will be my electric...
    And Futuresend (Magneton) died, fate has decided that Elesa the Electrike is my new friend.
    Fished a Carvanha, but accidentally killed it. Then a in 119, named him windleaf.
    Beated team aqua without problems, Time to face May again, I think Marceline, now a , would take off Combusken.

VS: May

Very easy :P Marceline Crit Hitted Combusken .D
    Got Stevens kecleon from 120, named George.
    Time to get Winona, I think there will be no worries, maybe Altaria...

VS. (i love her new sprite )

Soooo, Dragon Dance Altaria took Violet, Marceline and Elesa's lifes, A saving headbutt finish it, but i had only two pokemon left and she had three. Fionna took Tropius and Skarmory with supereffective Flemethrower and Wanda Headbutted Pelipper unltil dead.
    I saved there and went for a walk to take important desitions.

My team after beating Winona.

Fionna, the blazing Torkoal, lvl 33

Wanda the usefull Linoone, lvl 31

So I decided to to include Windleaf in my team, also some water type, i went fishing and got a female in route 114, named her Marvel.
    On my way to lilycove a Manectric killed Wanda. It was weird, i was sad beacuse i had her from the very first route, but i felt happy beacause it was a weak pokemon at this poinT of the game. Very weird.
    Caugh a on Route 221 named her Hexgirl. That means i can get a Duskull from Mt. Pyre :]

Went to safari. There are 4 zones and water, that means 5 pokemon, but i had bad luck :/
    Zone 1: , fled
    Zone 2: , fled
    Zone 3: , fled
    Zone 4: No acces w/o acro bike
    Water. , Caught, name him Patillo.

Saved at Lillicove. My team at this point:

Marvel, Wishcash

Fionna, Torkoal

Windleaf, Tropius

RIP (13)
    http://trainerproblems.tumblr.com/

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆Friend Code: 4356 1590 7493 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Okay, instead of a Emerald Nuzlocke, I'll do one on Expert Emerald, it's a hack of Emerald to include all 386 Pokemon, and a higher difficulty, so, it's going to be really tough.

--------------------------------------------------------Rules------------------------------------------------------------
    1. If a Pokemon faints, it's considered dead.
    2. One Pokemon per area, if I fail to catch a Pokemon, too bad.
    3. No overworld Pokemon, In my case, in Expert Emerald, I can't catch the starters as overworld.

-----------------------------------------
    |Chapter One: The Stone Badge|
    -----------------------------------------

Okay, I started, and picked as my Starter. Oh My God, I just noticed Torchic has Speed Bosst, I guess I'll need it to help me, after all Wallace's Pokemon are at level 90 the first time.
    I did all the beginning stuff while managing to not encounter Pokemon on Route 103. I had to train on Route 101 though. I trained Torchic to level 10 before fighting May.
    Then, after obtaining my Pokeballs, I caught a on Route 103, and a on Route 102. I continued to beat all the trainers and did the Wally stuff, then caught a on Route 104. In Petalburg Woods, I caught a . I saved after catching Pineco.

Spoiler:- Team At This Point:
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

@ShinyMisty, I know how you feel >.<

I just wiped before getting to Petalburg. I don't know what happened. Well, ok, I do... it was a series of nasty crits from wild pokemon while training up my team. Those things are just awful early game.
    Starting my challenge over, hopefully with better luck this time. I'll post when I get past Roxanne.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

@Dangertrout - critical hits are awful, I too took my fair share of those, and they always take you by surprise... However, I wish you luck with your next playthrough, hopefully it'll go better.

Everyone else, don't give up. Nuzlockes are never easy and the stories they make are interesting to read (and play through).

Also, finally an update on my LeafGreen Nuzlocke:

(but only a really quick update, I'm too lazy :D)

From Lavender, I head west, to Cycling road, preparing to take down Koga. I also decided I won't be using Digga the Diglett, but rather Poisona the Nidorina I caught in Safari Zone. Probably a bad decision, she fell fighting a wild Raticate (damn Hyper Fangs!). If she managed to take him down, she'Đ also gain her first level. So, Poisona headed to retirement box and Digga was back on the team.

Koga was a peace of cake, Drain the Venusaur and MIMIEN the Mr. Mime handled him easily. Next stop: Saffron!

In Silph. Co.: Everything was going well. Until I met rival, Blue.He wasn't TOO problematic, but then Charizard appeared. As my Gyarados, RedHerring, was pretty exhausted, (and almost all the other pokes too), I needed just one turn to heal up... Pidgeot went against Charizard to give me that turn. But, Charizard proved to be too much for him, and Airith's name caught up to her. Gyarados went back and beat the crap out of Charizard.

Next: Sabrina!

In Sabrina's gym, I was foolish. Sending Dugtrio against Mr. Mime (not even Sabrina's, it belonged to one of Psychics)... I totally forgot Mr. Mime knows Magical leaf... Dugtrio went straight tpoo retirement box.

We stood up against Sabrina, Mr. Mime, Venusaur, Primeape, Gyarados. Not the best combination against psychic types, but could have been worse. And should be enough. Another mistake.

I was able to easily dispatch everything Sabrina has thrown at me. Then, Alakazam came. Only MIMIEN was at the same level, and he wasn't able to stan up against Calm Mind.That Alakazam took down everyone. Drain, Chimp, RedHerring, MIMIEN, Stoner (Geodude, Master of HMs). Sorry guys, I should have been more prepared...

Then I woke up. Still standing in front of Sabrina. She spoke, with a faint smile on her face. "I don't like to battle. But if you try to challenge me now, this is what will happen. You have seen it yourself." Still confused, fighting what I have seen, I run out of Gym, still pondering on what I have seen. Did Sabrina really show me the outcome of our battle? Can she see the future? And more importantly, can she show it to whoever want to challenge her? I don't know, but I'm not taking that risk. I need to train.

(Basically, what just happened: I couldn't handle Sabrina's Alakazam, so I just came up wih this excuse to not start the challenge all over again. I'm a cheap bastard. But hey, it's my first Nuzlocke... And I thought of a new rule: From this point on, if ANYONE dies, it's really a game over. The end. No more excuses. But I just couldn't handle the sight of all my dear partners fainting one after another...)

Training: I didn't train the pokes I already had. I took Loafer the Snorlax out of the box and grinded him to level 42. I also took out Doduo, Head.

Sabrina once again: Snorlax as a physical attacker had no problem Body Slamming his way through her whole team. Alakazam included. One Body Slam took care of that. Loafer, you're the best.

From that point, it was pretty easy. I played carefully, I couldn't afford to lose anyone. Dodrio took his revenge on Fighting dojo, Gyarados took down Blaine, Venusaur took care of Giovanni. After grinding a lot at Victory road (remember, I can only use the items I find, so there's only one response to that - grind like hell!), I was prepared to finish this.

I took on the Elite four. And won. Drain, Loafer, Chimp, MIMIEN, RedHerring and Head, i hereby thank you guys. You are the best! We'll probably also head for Mewtwo sometime soon.

(Mainly Snorlax and Gyarados were invaluable here. Snorlax with Psychic - I know, not the best stats for that, but I don't care - against Agatha's ghosts = AMAZING!)

Badges: 8 Elite Four: Taken down Deaths: 5 (10 if I count the "vision")

I also started an Emerald Nuzlocke.

Rules are the same as before, but i can also buy items. I only played Ruby years ago, I'm not even sure I finished it, so this'll be prectically a blind Nuzlocke.

Picked Torchic, named him Fry. Caught Wurmple (Lil'Bugger), who evolved into Beautifly. Poochyenas, Poochyenas everywhere. A great addition to the team - Marill (Blue). Scarf the Tailow couldn't take a critical hit from May's Mudkip. Bye, Scarf...

First gym was easy. Screech the Whismur joined us. Beautifly steamrolled over the whole second gym. Caught Sableye (Darko) and Aron (Iron). Third gym, no problem.

Then, the family that fights you in front of house at route 111 - Aron had no problem with them, however... In the last fight, for some reason I thought she'd be able to outspeed that Meditite... She wasn't, and Hi Jump Kick took her down... Bye, Iron...

Route 113 - Loudred fought against trainers Swellow, which was always Double Teaming and, well... A critical hit... I'm sorry, Screech.

At this point, team consisted of Fry the Combusken, Blue the Azumarill, Darko the Sableye and Lil'Bugger the Beautifly. We took on Flannery and she stood no chance against Blue. We took on Norman and that was AMAZING! Fry took down everyone except for Slaking. I had to be careful with that, and with his Counter. Sableye, your turn. And Slaking couldn't touch him AT ALL! Faint attack on Truant turn, Detect on attack turn (even though he could only use Faint attack and Yawn, better be careful).

And thus we gor the fifth badge. And I forgot to mention we caught 2 Trapinch, Maw and Jaw (in Desert resort and Mirage tower respectively). Maw was on the team and soon evolved into Vibrava.

We also had no problem with sixth gym, Blue Rollouted the hell out of those damn birds, and could even take a beating from Altaria. (And seriously, THREE gym leaders whose strongest pokemon are at levels ranging from 29 to 33? Sorry, my pokes were way higher while fighting Winona...)

Did some story stuff, caught some pokes, all my pokes were around level 40-42, I thought Tate and Liza will be quite an easy fight. Mainly because of my Sableye and Azumarill. After all, what could possibly go wrong after 3 gyms with practically the same levels? The answer - EVERYTHING!

I lost Vibrava against some damn Kadabra along the way to gym leaders. RAGE! Maw was amazing! (I just remembered, I had a little heart attack when Vibrava used Dig on some Numel, while the Numel used Magnitude... and... LEVITATE! I loved that Vibrava ever since).

Vibrava was sent to retirement and her brother, Trapinch Jaw, was added to the team. I faced Tate and Liza with Sableye and Azumarill, as planned. Sunny day cut the power of my water moves and Sableyes Faint attack isn't the strongest. I was completely unprepared for Claydol.

However, we managed to take down Solrock... And we lost Sableye after that... And we lost Lil'Bugger... And we lost Jaw (poor underleveled guy, used as bait... along with Machop Daredevil, user of HMs). Fry barely survived. Only Azumarill stood firmly. And we "won". With so many losses... I hate Psychic gyms...

Currently, we're in the process of trainin new team members.

Fry the Blaziken, Blue the Azumarill, joined by Mage the Magneton, Cloud the Altaria, Batty the Crobat and probably Brain the Rhyhorn.

Badges: 7 Deaths: 8

(OK, I now realize this wasn't what you'd call a "really quick update", sorry :D)
    Last edited by Shuleek; 1st August 2012 at 10:04 PM.
    Current shiny hunt: 1401 eggs hatched so far

HG FC: 1593-0713-2225, OT: Kofola
    Black FC: 1464-3638-2370, OT: Rajec

Current HG Pokedex status: 360 owned

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Spoiler:- Shinies I traded away:

My Last.fm

Alright, I made it to the first gym this time. One death along the way though. My poor Poochyena from Route 102, Fido, died to a crit from a Taillows Quick Attack. It was a trainers pokemon, but still. I didn't see that coming.
    I wasn't sure I'd make it against Roxanne, because most of my catches were weak to Rock moves. Sure, Beautifly could Absorb most of the gym... but that Nosepass...... In the end, I decided to use up my Rare Candies (x5) I found along the way to boost my Torchic to level 20. I just didn't want to wipe after all that annoying training. Nincada takes forever to level, and my Beautifly only knew Harden for 5 levels.

Team:
    -> Blaze, lvl 21
    -> -> Flutters, lvl 10
    Linny, lvl 10
    Bandit, lvl 10
    -> Monarch, lvl 11
    Ninjazz, lvl 10

Boxed:
    Metalhead the Whismur

R.I.P.:
    Fido the Poochyena (L3-7)

Well, I'm heading up to New York tomorrow, so I'll not be updating till I come back.
    I'll be updating, however, something that might be HUGE!
    I'll be playing both my Emerald and my LeafGreen Nuzlockes.
    So, hoping to get good results, and see you all in a week~

Today I challenged Brawly and completely wiped his gym out with a single Beautifly. He is likely crying in a corner as we speak. No deaths this time ^_^
    I'm being a little more cautious / grinding a little more than usual for this run. Mainly because I've had too many failures recently due to impatience and want to actually succeed this time.

Team:
    Blaze, lvl 21
    Flutters, lvl 18
    Linny, lvl 12
    Bandit, lvl 12
    Monarch, lvl 21
    Precious, lvl 12

Boxed:
    Ninjazz the Nincada
    Metalhead the Whismur
    Splashy the Magikarp
    Splishy the Magikarp

R.I.P.:
    Fido the Poochyena (L3-7)

Whoops, kinda missed some updates, but not like anyone cares anyway! But in case anyone does, here are the latest episodes:

Episode 8:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL0BGgfWaHc

Episode 9:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKxiNRd-GYU

Episode 10:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jscYhwFaz7g

Episode 11:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywS5QKc_AM

Episode 12:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Up1wR0kII

Episode 13:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxj0yV58gqw

Episode 14:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbG2tSNutxE

I'd say we're doing pretty interestingly so far, but I'll let you guys be the judges of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I'm being a little more cautious / grinding a little more than usual for this run. Mainly because I've had too many failures recently due to impatience and want to actually succeed this time.
    So.... that was the plan... except I spaced out completely during the fight with May on Route 110, and next thing I knew half my team was dead. Linny, Precious and Monarch are dead. For no reason beyond my spamming A and not paying attention for 5 minutes T_T
    I could continue, and train Blaze a little extra for Wattson's gym... but I dunno. I might just scrap it and start over. *save progress* I'll decide later.

for future reference, does reviving a fossil and getting a pokemon at the mansion count as 2 separate areas or can i only do 1 since they are both on cinnabar? same goes for The Hitmon's and lapras, since you sorta have to take lapras from what i remember.

also quick update for my nuzlocke, lost 9tailz the vulpix to a self destruct in the Rocket hideout. No big loss since she was new and weak, Replaced her with fireball the flareon. After Andre wiped out Giovanni, i went to the gym and Had CH'Ding wipe out the gym. Went for HM fly and grabbed a Doduo named Runner. Then with Silph scope in hand i headed back to Lavander to face my rival at a later date.

Team
    Andre lvl 28
    CH'Ding lvl 29
    Adele lvl 25
    Fireball lvl 27
    Panda lvl 25
    Iggy lvl 24

Deaths: 1
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 8th August 2012 at 2:41 PM.

Aww snap, next two episodes of Engrish Emerald! Only because I forgot to update here sooner, as always!

Episode 15: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Fqu_Tv3L8

Episode 16: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKUBZMDilsA

Will we survive the battle against Norman?! Find out next episode, which will probably be posted here much later if I even remember to post it here, but if anything, you can just check my youtube channel for updates or whatevs!

Got pretty bored, thought of trying out a Nuzlocke-challenge first time here on my randomized Emerald.

Sheesh, superluck struck! I got a freaking Hitmontop as my starter pokemon! Gotta say it feels so great since Hitmontop's my fave pokemon overall. Anyone had these kind of luckstrucks too have your fave pokemon as a starter in your Nuzlocke-challenge?

I'll post the video soon enough. (-lwl-)

EDIT: Posted! Here:
    Last edited by Young Horsetail; 14th August 2012 at 8:15 PM.

Here are the latest updates:

Engrish Emerald:
    Episode 17:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZfYE83Tjr4

Episode 18:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcE7_AtUxPw

Some pretty nifty strategies for that Norman battle, eh?!

due to so few posts here i didnt feel like posting my progress these past few weeks. So much so that i actually completed my Nuzlocke.

usually i wait to play till others post so i can post my progress. Without the worry of posting i managed to beat my nuzlocke challenge.

67 hours, 4 deaths and a victory.

9Tailz the Vulpix - died in training
    Hitmonlee the Hitmonchan - died while fighting Snorlaxes
    Adele the Wigglytuff - Died During Sabrinas Gym Battle
    I forget snorlax's nickname and the way she died

will do a Johto Nuzlocke whenever i get unsick of nuzlockes.

Wow, I haven't posted here in a long time.
    Not that much has happened anyway though.
    I sped through Mt. Pyre, and Phoenix evolved, and I caught a Chimecho!!!
    Sadly it's unusable in RSE.
    I went through the Magma Hideout, nearly losing Phoenix, Galad and Markus in the process.

Team
    Phoenix the Blazing Blaziken Level 38 (Female)
    Markus the Agile Pelliper Level 36 (Male)
    Galad the Eccentric Gardevoir Level 35 (Male)
    Mushmellow the Trusty Breloom Level 36 (Female)
    Whisploud the Silent Loudred Level 35 (Male)
    Ronda the Hard Rocking Lairon Level 35 (Female)

Deaths
    Poochy the Poochyena Level 3 (Male)
    Poochy died when the poison sting of a wurmple in Route 104 poisoned it, and when it went in battle against a ralts on route 102, it died It was my very first catch in my very first nuzlocke while I might have captured the Ralts (who is now a gardevoir and on my active team if you were wondering), I lost a friend, a Poochy kind of friend.
    RIP Poochy

Rules:
    1. Nickname all pokemon
    2. Dead pokemon are boxed for good
    3. Can only catch the first pokemon on each city/route/cave
    4. Can only catch one of each pokémon.

Party:
    Extroph the Poochyena (level 14)
    Flyby the Dustox (level 16)
    Windy the Tailow (level 15)
    Enigma the Whismur (level 13)
    Epou the Makuhiya (level 13)
    Aenea the Electrike (level 12)

Dead:
    Firenze the Combusken (lvl 5 - lvl 18)
    Lamune the Zigzagoon (lvl 3)

Just lost my entire team save for my starter to Koga.. Damn dat was a stressful fight.
    Anyway my rules are:
    1. Fainted pokemon are considered dead and are to be released
    2. You may only catch the first pokemon you encounter in each new area
    3. This excludes gift and game corner pokemon, though only 1 may be gained in each area
    4. No double pokemon
    -------------

Current location: Silph Co.
    Badges: 5
    Team
    Jax lv42
    Nathaniel lv27
    Ms.Boulder lv29

Deaths: 13

Hey there, fellow Nuzlockers! I'm starting a Nuzlocke run of all five gens using LG, SS, Emerald, Platinum, White, and White 2 upon release.
    Having an extremely successful run on LeafGreen, only having lost my Rattata to a devious Nidoran back on Nugget Bridge.
    Going full on with the rules;

#1) All Pokémon must be nicknamed - why wouldn't you? This is a challenge for them too!
    #2) Battle mode must be on 'Set' (I always have this on anyways, 'Shift' is an outrageous format option!).
    #3) I may only capture the first encountered Pokémon on a route, even if I accidentally kill it or it runs away.
    #4) Rule #3 still applies even if I already own the first-found Pokémon (6-Bidoof team, here I come!).
    #5) Fainted Pokémon are dead, and are placed in my Cemetery box (just so I don't throw out anything I might find useful for breeding or such).
    #6) Pokémon can only be caught on routes and in dungeons; towns and cities don't count except for gift/event Pokémon (i.e. no fishing, surfing or headbutting for Pokémon there).
    #7) Event/gift Pokémon are allowed, but still limited to (and counts as the) one Pokémon per area.

As said, only death so far has been Amarant the Rattata, who lost his life to a Nidoran's Double Kick upon the Nugget Bridge.
    Poor little guy; he was 400 EXP away from becoming a Raticate, when he would laughed in the face of that same Nidoran as he Hyper Fanged it into dust. You will always be remembered, my friend.

Continuing on though, it's been a relatively smooth process since then.
    Just demolished Koga's gym, thanks to Lezard the Butterfree, my Bold trickster, and his Compoundeyes fury. And he thinks he can work status?
    Currently heading into the Silph Co. building with my current team;

LVL 34 Sorrel the Venusaur
    LVL 38 Lezard the Butterfree
    LVL 38 Brahms the Nidoking
    LVL 38 Raziel the Golbat
    LVL 34 Saevio the Primeape
    LVL 36 Mareth the Vaporeon

My sig'll always keep anyone who's interested up to date.
    Last edited by primavista; 25th August 2012 at 8:36 AM. Reason: Italic-ed rules for funs, added to rules.
    White 2 Nuzlocke Challenge Location: Castelia City Gym Badges: 2 DEFEAT

Nice try team. You shall be avenged! Burgh shall be destroyed on my next visit!

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast