Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Decided to start a nuzlocke in Pokémon FireRed, after my success in Emerald, with the following rules:

- Just one Pokémon per zone.
    - Must nickname every Pokémon.
    - Fainted Pokémon are dead.
    - Not 3 Pokémon of the same species/evolutionary line. (If I met a third Pokémon, it doesn't count as the first Pokémon of that zone).
    - Can only have one Snorlax.
    - Routes do not count until I get the Poké Balls
    - Different floors of caves do not count as different places.

Just started and...

- Started my adventure and picked the Potion from my PC.
    - Chose Charmander, named Emberer, and went to face Gary.
    - Gary's Squirtle used Tail Whip and then two critical Tackles, defeating Emberer.
    - Failure.

That was fast... 1-1 in nuzlocke challenges... Let's see if I am luckier the next time.

Spoiler:- Team as of now:

Spoiler:- Boxed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Deceased Pokémon:

So I am going to start again, picking up Charmander again, and with the same rules.

EDIT: Just restarted it:

- Started my adventure and picked the Potion from my PC.
    - Chose Charmander, named Ascua, and went to face Gary. The Charmander has a Hasty Nature, and sadly less Special Attack than the one of the previous challenge
    - Defeated Gary really easily, just one Growl and then Scratch the whole battle.
    - Went to Viridian, gaining some experience for Charmander (Lv 8).
    - Took Oak's Parcel in the Pokémart, and went back to Pallet Town, where I got the Poké Balls.
    - Caught a Lv 4 Rattata, and I named it Fear because of its famous FEAR set. Trained it up to level 7, with trouble, because a critical Tackle from another Rattata left it with 2 HP.
    - Went to Route 22, and there I met a Mankey. I thought: "A great Pokémon for Brock, just what I needed!" And Fear then did a critical Tackle, destroying the Lv 2 Mankey... Brock will be harder to get past...
    - Trained there before facing Gary, got Ascua to Lv 10, and Fear to Lv 9.
    - Fear soloed Gary, but I needed to use my two Potions.
    - Bought 2 Potions and 10 Poké Balls, and went to Route 2.
    - There I caught a Lv 3 Pidgey, which I named Piu.

Spoiler:- Deceased Pokémon:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Have kept going a bit, here is the progress

- Trained Piu up to level 9.
    - Bought some Antidotes in Viridian.
    - Went to Viridian Forest.
    - I met a lv 5 Metapod there, which I caught and named Capulli. Sadly, it was Adamant.
    - Went through the forest defeating the Bug Catchers really easily.
    - Now training for Brock, because Charmander/Pidgey/Rattata is not a very good team for Brock, so I want to have Charmeleon at least.
    - Ascua evolved and now I'll try beating Brock.
    - Ascua soloed Brock easily thanks to a Rock Tomb miss. Metal Claw did not boost my Attack until it was irrelevant, but anyways I could win.
    - Went to Route 3. I got the Running Shoes.
    - Piu was killed! That annoying lv 14 Spearow of the youngster... it used Leer, and then Fury Attack hit me 5 times and one of them critical. Sadly, I couldn't 2HKO it with Quick Attack, leaving it with 1 or 2 HP... R.I.P. Piu... Left Capulli boxed as well as I won't be using it.
    - Another Pidgey was my encounter at Route 3, a lv 7 Pidgey, my second and last Pidgey (according to my rules, I can't have more than 3 of the same species, but I can have 2). But sadly, I kept on being unlucky, and Fear, again, as with Mankey, did a critical hit with Tackle.
    - I got to Route 4, and there I didn't take the Magikarp because I preferred catching a wild Pokémon after exitting Mt. Moon.
    - I can't believe what's going on today. I entered Mt. Moon, and ther I met a lv 7 Geodude, which I caught and named Puncher. But it is Calm! Not the best Geodude I can have but I guess I'll need it for now.
    - Taught Puncher Rock Tomb and went to Route 3 to train it.
    - Puncher got to lv 15.
    - After that I went to Mt. Moon, I picked up the items and fought all the trainers. There weren't many problems, just an annoying Zubat that cunfused my Puncher, and then hax participated, Puncher hit itself three times by the Confusion.
    - I got to the other part of Route 4. I taught Mega Kick to Ascua, and Mega Punch to Puncher.
    - Another Rattata was my encounter at Route 4, a lv 10 Rattata, which I caught and named Top. It was a Quirky Rattata. Well, Rattata was not what I wanted, but at least it means that I cannot catch any more Rattata or Raticate. I went to Cerulean City after that.
    - There I healed my team, and then faced Gary. Geodude beat Pidgeotto and Rattata easily, Abra was a joke, and Rattata beat, not without trouble, Squirtle. Beating Misty will be really hard if I had trouble against a Squirtle... Got the Fame Checker.
    - The 4th trainer at the Nugget Bridge made my Fear evolve into Raticate.
    - A lv 7 Caterpie was my Route 24 encounter... bad news... Let's see if Route 25 is better (please, not a Weedle...), because otherwise I'll have trouble against Misty... I caught it and named it Spupa. It's my last Pokémon of the Caterpie line, and my first female Pokémon.
    - ...I saw it coming... after a Caterpie and 2 Pidgeys, Pokémon I cannot catch, as I had already met them twice, a Weedle appeared... curses. Why not an Oddish? No, bad luck goes after me... Anyways, I caught the Weedle, and named it Gafe (which means unlucky person in Spanish). It was a Calm Weedle... Useless.
    - Found a hidden Berry and went back to Cerulean to get the Powder Jar.
    - I began battling the trainers at Route 25; my Geodude wanted to learn Selfdestruct, which is arguably the best existent move for a nuzlocke challenge...
    - Picked TM43, Secret Power, and taught it to Fear. It's a very reliable move to use when I can't afford to miss a Hyper Fang.
    - Got the S.S Ticket from Bill. I won't go to the Cerulean Gym yet because Starmie could crush my whole team; I'll go to Vermilion first.
    - Easily beat the Rocket Grunt and got TM28 Dig.
    - Went to Route 5, and my encounter there was...
    - ... obviously, a Meowth! (Lv 10) I caught it and named it Maul. It was Rash. I don't plan to use it for now, but Pickup will give me some useful items.
    - Went to Route 6, and there, after a Pidgey, I met... another cat, a lv 12 Meowth. I caught it and named it Biendicho. It was Bashful. Well, I'll have two Pickup Pokémon now.
    - I was close to losing Fear! The trainer sent a lv 20 Squirtle (I remembered there was one trainer with Squirtle in this Route, but I thought it was the female trainer...), and I switched my Ascua out and sent Fear, who had 41/59 HP. He used Bubble, a critical hit, 31/59. I used Secret Power and paralyzed it. He used Water Gun, a critical hit, 3/59!! That was close. Secret Power finished it off.
    - I got to Vermilion City and got the VS Seeker, the Bike Voucher and the Old Rod. Then I went to Route 11.
    - There I met a Lv 11 Drowzee, which I caught and named Dreammm. I added it to my team, removing Spupa. It was Mild.
    - Went back to Route 24 to train Dreammm. Got my Bike at Cerulean also.
    - After training Dreammm up to lv 19, I began using the VS Seeker there, and Dreamm was close to die due to a Zubat, whose Supersonic and Bite made me hit myself or flinch every single turn.
    - After that I went back to Route 11 to beat the remaining trainers.
    - That was easy, and after finishing I entered the Diglett's cave, where I caught a lv 17 Diglett, which I named Molish. A Jolly Diglett! I replaced one of the Meowths (Maul, the weakest of the 2) for it. After that I went to the S.S. Anne.
    - I noticed that Biendicho had a TM10! Pickup is useful.
    - I battled the trainers in the ship. Not very hard battles (My Dreammm and my Puncher evolved!) I also got TM31 and TM44. Then I went to face Gary.
    - Puncher outsped and KOed its Pidgeotto and easily beat Raticate as well, Fear 2HKOed its Wartortle using Secret Power and Dreammm OHKOed Kadabra using Headbutt. A really easy battle because Gary is a bit underleveled here.
    - Got HM01 Cut here and taught it to Biendicho.
    - Bye, S.S. Anne!
    - I need the second badge to use Cut outside of the battle, so I went back to Cerulean. I feel my team is ready for Misty.
    - I wasn't touched at the Gym! Fear OHKOed the whole Gym using Hyper Fang and Secret Power, except for Starmie, who was 2HKOed and paralyzed via Secret Power, being unable to move. I got the Cascade Badge and TM03 Water Pulse. Now I can use Cut.
    - Went back to Vermilion and there I used my Old Rod to get a lv 5 Magikarp, I caught it and named it Krapp. It was Adamant.
    - I went through Diglett's Cave, and got HM05 Flash (I owned exactly 15 Pokémon!) Then I was ready to go to the Gym.
    - LT. Surge was an easy battle, as Dreammm beat Voltorb and Pikachu easily, and Raichu was very very easy for Puncher. Time to go to Route 9!
    - There I got TM40 Aerial Ace and battled a few trainers. I met a lv 11 Ekans, which I caught and named Kobsnak. It was Calm.

Spoiler:- Deceased Pokémon, R.I.P.:

Spoiler:- Uncatchable Pokémon:
    Last edited by Swoobat; 1st September 2013 at 6:46 PM.
    I am Spanish, so my English isn't very good.

Spoiler:- Completed Challenges:

3DS Friend Code: 2191-8109-9121. Friend Safari: Flying: Swanna / Spearow / Hawlucha. PM me so that I can add you!

Check the previous edited update if you haven't! (I didn't want to make the previous post so long via editing, and I double post because of that, and so that people realise there's an update as well)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That previous post was really long, hope you enjoyed and laughed reading my bad luck! Anyways, I've progressed a bit.

- I got to Route 10, and a Spearow was my encounter there, a lv 13 Spearow. I caught it and named it Piukiller (check the previous post to see why I give her this nickname...) It was Naughty.
    - Healed my team in that great Pokémon Center, and beat the trainer there before entering the dark Rock Tunnel...
    - Taught Flash to Biendicho and started exploring the cave.
    - A lv 16 Mankey was my encounter inside the Rock Tunnel. I caught it. It is my last Mankey/Primeape because I had already met one at Route 22. I named it Ragey, and it was Impish.
    - Puncher died! A Hiker's lv 25 Geodude killed it! My Puncher used Magnitude, but it was only Magnitude 4, and barely scratched the Geodude, while the foe's Magnitude, was Magnitude 9, and Puncher was OHKOed. Dreammm got rid of the Geodude easily after that.
    - Now I am worried because Puncher resisted Seldestructs and Explosions, now, they may kill my Pokémon and I won't be able to do anything... I hope things to go better after this important loss...
    - Dreammm has become my answer to Rock-types, as they have low Special Defense, Confusion destroys them. It's beginning to be much stronger than the rest of my team, though.
    - Managed to exit the tunnel and get to the other side of Route 10. I saved here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I'll go on now!

- I easily beat the trainers at Route 10, the only problem was the PP of my Pokémon; Dreammm ran out of Confusion after beating the last Hiker.
    - Got to Lavender Town and bought Super Balls. Won't be going to the Pokémon Tower yet, not until I get tid of the Ghosts.
    - Left Puncher at the dead box... R.I.P. Won't train anyone else for now. I'll keep going with my Ascua, Dreammm and Fear. Just took Maul to have another Pickup Pokémon.
    - Went to Route 12 to beat the Fishermen.
    - Got TM27 Return and taught it to Fear; it should be happy: It hasn't fainted yet!
    - Route 12 wasn't challenging and gave some neat experience to my team. Got to the Snorlax and backtracked to Lavender Town.
    - Next place: Route 8. Really looking forward to teaching Charmeleon Flamethrower, because now he is the weakest Pokémon I have.
    - My Route 8 encouter was a lv 19 Ekans, which I caught and named Solid. It was Jolly. It's my last Ekans/Arbok.
    - Easily beat the trainers as they are a bit underleveled. Used Dreammm for the Koffings, being afraid of an explosion.
    - Went through the Underground Path to reach Route 7.
    - After a Pidgey and 3 Meowths, Pokémon I cannot catch, a lv 19 Oddish appeared. I caught it and named it Arbustillo. It is a wonderful Modest Oddish.
    - Got to Celadon, where I got a Lv 25 Eevee which I called Bolt as it will evolve into Jolteon. It was Bold. I bought a Thunderstone, made it evolve, and taught it Shock Wave.
    - Also got the Tea and the Coin Case at Celadon.
    - Went to Route 16, where I met a lv 20 Spearow. I caught it and named it Misspiu. It was Sassy and it is my last Spearow. Beat that strong couple there thanks to Fear's Return, got HM02 Fly, and trained Bolt here and at Route 8.
    - Paid a visit to Saffron City to get TM29 Psychic. Won't use it on Dreammm though, as it learns Psychic naturally at level 35.
    - Time to go to the Game Corner. Picked a few coins, and then entered the hideout after beating the grunt.
    - At last Ascua learned Flamethrower! Now it's much much better.
    - I got to Giovanni and the battle wasn't especially tough. Dreammm easily beat Onix and Rhyhorn, and Fear managed to beat the Kanghaskan, although its Mega Punch, if it had been critical, would have killed Fear. Got the Silph Scope and Dreammm learned Psychic.
    - Time to go to the Pokémon Tower now. Got back to Lavender and entered the tower.
    - Getting used to easy battles against Gary (guess there will be hard ones later) Bolt destroyed Pidgeotto, Growlithe and Wartortle, Ascua, just needed to use an Ember against Exeggcute, and Fear got rid of the lv 20 Kadabra.
    - I caught a lv 14 Gastly at the Pokémon Tower. It was Quirky. I remember Gengar being amazing from my Poison monotype, but I won't train Gastly, for now, I may need it later. I named it Jack.

Last edited by Swoobat; 25th August 2013 at 12:33 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 2191-8109-9121. Friend Safari: Flying: Swanna / Spearow / Hawlucha. PM me so that I can add you!

I don't want to do too long posts, so, if nobody answers in this thread, I may triple, quadruple... post.

Let's keep going!

- Ascua easily dealt with the good amount of Channelers there were in the Pokémon Tower. Ascua evolved!
    - Dreammm beat the Marowak using two Psychics.
    - Raticate crushed the 3 Rocket Grunts. Met Mr. Fuji and got the Poké Flute.
    - Before going to get my 4th badge, I went back to Route 12, and there I caught the lv 30 Snorlax. I called it Yawny. It was Naive. Won't use it for now, at least not until Fear dies.
    - Time to go back to Celadon!
    - The easiest Gym ever. Fear and especially Dreammm dealt with the trainers, and Charizard beat Erika in 3 turns. Got the Rainbow Badge.
    - Went to Saffron City to fight in the Fighting Dojo. I won't be picking any of the two Fighting-types because I prefer Lapras.
    - Dreammm easily destroyed the whole Dojo.
    - Time to go to Route 12! Got the Super Rod and beat the remaining trainers.
    - Got to Route 13. A lv 24 Venonat was my encouter here. I caught it and named it Antena. It was Brave...
    - Beat all the trainers in that labyrinth without trouble and reached Route 14.
    - Another lv 24 Venonat was my encounter here, I caught it and went on beating trainers. The Venonat was Careful. Found TM18 Rain Dance as well.

EDIT: Let's go on! Things will now become more and more complicated, I hope to stand it.

- Got to Fuchsia City. Got the Good Rod there, and fished using the Super Rod. A lv 24 Goldeen appeared. I caught it and named it Reddy. It was Adamant.
    - Went to Route 19 and beat the two Swimmers.
    - Taught Ascua Fly and went back to Celadon to go to the Cycling Road. Beat the Snorlax at Route 16 to get to it.
    - Battled all the trainers, mainly using Dreammm and Ascua, as I was afraid of possible Selfdestructs or Explosions from the Weezings.
    - A lv 24 Doduo was my encounter at Route 17. I caught it and named Avestruzo. It was Impish.
    - Eventually reached Route 18, where I met another Doduo, and my fifth lv 24 Pokémon in a row. I caught it and named it Cabezas. It was Rash. It is both stronger and faster than the previous one, so if I need to train a Doduo, I'd train Cabezas before Avestruzo.
    - Time to go to the Safari Zone.
    - A wonderful lv 25 Kanghaskan was my encounter there, but sadly it fled... (I caught a Paras unwillingly, pressing A after meeting it, and catching it, but I'll release it as soon as I get to the PC).
    - Found the Gold Teeth, and got HM03 Surf. Got HM04 at Fuchsia City after that. Taught Strength to Fear, and Surf to Yawny. Time to try beating Koga!
    - Easily beat the Psychic-types at Koga's Gym. Koga was the next.
    - It wasn't a hard battle, thanks to Dreammm. It beat his whole team in one Psychic except for Muk, who was beaten by 2 Raticate's Returns. Got the fifth badge without losses.
    - Now I can Surf, so it's time to do a few things before going on.
    - Went to Route 12 to find an item. Flew to the Rock Tunnel, and went to the Power Plant, which I explored without battling Zapdos, of course.
    - A lv 22 Magnemite was my encounter there. I caught it and named it Dragmag. It was Quiet.
    - Went to Celadon City to explore the other part of Route 4 and beat that trainer. Fished a Horsea at Celadon, which I caught and named Dragoon. It was at lv 22, and it was Hardy.
    - Went to Pewter City to get the Old Amber.
    - Went back to Route 19, this time with Surf, to explore it properly. A lv 10 Tentacool was my encounter here. I caught it and named it Medusa, it was Timid.
    - The trainers were really easy, as even Ascua could beat them. Got to Route 20.
    - I managed to get out of the water without meeting a single Pokémon, so I fished, and met another lv 22 Horsea, which I caught and named Seam. It was Hasty.
    - I entered Seafoam Islands, and there I met a lv 29 Psyduck. I caught it and named it Tonto. It was Naughty. I finished the maze there and got to Articuno (without challenging it), picked up the items, and went out at the other side of Route 20.
    - Got to Cinnabar Island after easily beating the trainers at Route 20. Revived the Aerodactyl fossil, and now I have it. I named it Ancient, and sadly, it was Bold.
    - Went to Pallet Town and began exploring Route 21. I failed to catch a Tangela here due to a critical Double Kick... Anyways, got some good experience in this Route for my team, and after getting to Cinnabar Island again, I went back to Saffron City, where Team Rocket must be beaten!
    - Got to Silph Co. and began beating grunts. Eventually found the Card Key. Kepto on beating trainers while opening all the doors and finding items.
    - Finally went to battle Gary. Gary has become quite stronger, but I am much stronger too. His Pidgeot fell to a Shock Wave from Bolt, Dreammm easily beat Growlithe using Psychic, Bolt 2HKOed Blastoise with Shock Wave, Exeggcute was a joke for Ascua, and Fear outsped and easily KOed the Alakazam with its strong Return.
    - Got the Lapras! I named it Shellhorn. It was Hasty. After that, I went to face Giovanni.
    - After beating the last grunt, I began my battle against Giovanni. Bolt took care of the Nidorino, Dreammm beat Nidoqueen in two Psychics and destroyed Rhyhorn in one Psychic as well. Finally, Fear 2HKOed Kanghaskan using Return. I got the Master Ball. Time to stop for today.

Last edited by Swoobat; 23rd August 2013 at 11:58 PM.

The previous edited update was huge so be sure to check it!

Let's see what happens today...

- After beating Team Rocket, it was time to battle Sabrina. I got to the gym, and went easily beating the trainers, but...
    - Ascua died!! It was maybe my best Pokémon... Saving Flamethrowers, I used Fly against one of the Gym's trainers, a Channeler with a Gastly, and it... used Destiny Bond, killing Ascua... R.I.P. Ascua, things have begun badly today...
    - Got to Sabrina. Fear easily OHKOed Kadabra, Mr. Mime, and Alakazam using Return, and Dreammm crushed Venomoth using Psychic. It was a really easy battle and I got the badge. I am still sad becau
    se of the loss I've had...
    - I added Cabezas to my team and began training it.
    - Got TM24 at the Game Corner for Bolt.
    - Cabezas evolved at lv 31!
    - Tired, but Cabezas reached lv 49... It's late, I'll continue tomorrow. Next step: Cinnabar Island.

Last edited by Swoobat; 25th August 2013 at 12:21 AM.

^Ouch, losing your starter, especially At that level, really hurts. Good luck in the future.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    ^Ouch, losing your starter, especially At that level, really hurts. Good luck in the future.
    Thanks, let's see if Dodrio works, but Charizard was indeed very important, and its Flamethrower was amazing... Also, thanks again as I won't have to do 5 posts in a row now!

Well, let's continue where we left it.

- The first thing that showed that type of diary there is in Pokémon FireRed was that I left Ascua in the Dead box... Snif. My team'll have to do an effort now without my best Pokémon.
    - Flied to Cinnabar Island and entered the Pokémon Mansion, a dangerous place, I hope not to lose anyone here...
    - A lv 28 Koffing was my encounter here. I caught it and named it Boom. It was Mild.
    - Noticed all my moves are ineffective against Magnemite and Magneton now...
    - In the end found the Secret Key, and TM14 and TM22. Escaped using a Escape Rope. Time to go to the gym. I don't have super effective moves against it because Puncher died, but my Pokémon are at a good level, so let's see if I can deal with it.
    - Went beating the trainers, failing the questions on purpose.
    - I got to Blaine. Bolt destroyed Growlithe using Thunderbolt, Ponyta was OHKOed by Cabezas' Tri Attack, and so was Rapidash. Finally, I was lucky, and Dreammm scored a critical hit on Arcanine with Psychic, beating it. Got the Volcano Badge.
    - Went with Bill to One Island.
    - After being asked to go to Two Island, I went to explore the One Island first.
    - A lv 34 Ponyta was my encounter at the Kindle Road. I caught it and named it Wind. I don't know the nature yet because the PC isn't working.
    - Got HM06 and taught it to Fear.
    - In the end I got to Mt. Ember, where I won't battle Moltres, as I won't have legendaries in this challenge (Moltres would have been the perfect replacement for Ascua, but anyways...)
    - I caught a lv 33 Geodude at Mt. Ember. I named it Puncheter.
    - I took the Cave part of Mt. Ember as a different place because the Pokémon that appear there are much different. I caught a lv 40 Machoke, which I named Cachas.
    - Got to where Moltres is but didn't challenge the legendary bird.
    - Arrived at Two Island.
    - Cape Brink... Let's see what I find here!
    - A lv 36 Gloom. I caught it and named it Peste.
    - Now I have to go to Three Island to find Lostelle. *sigh*
    - The Kanto Rider Federation began being annoying... Well, let's go on.
    - Fought the Biker Goons, using Dreammm, and beating them easily.
    - I was told to look for Lostelle at the Berry Forest, where there are ghosts... Got to the Bond Bridge. A lv 31 Psyduck was my encounter here, but I failed to catch it...
    - I got to the Berry Forest. A lv 35 Exeggcute was my encounter here. I caught it and named it Edgey.
    - A Hypno was scaring Lostelle. Dreammm, how can you...? Oh, wait, it isn't you, it's just a weak lv 30 Hypno. Fear got rid of it.
    - After rescuing Lostelle, I handed the Meteorite to her father, and got a Moon Stone.
    - PCs are working now! Let's see... Wind was Mild, Puncheter Lonely, Cachas Lax, Peste Quirky, and Edgey Hardy. Let's go to see Bill again.
    - Back at Cinnabar Island, now it's time to go to Viridian and fight Giovanni for the last time.
    - I don't want to get to the E4 with just 4 Pokémon, so I guess I'll have to train 2 more to have a Full team. Lapras will be one of them, and then maybe Jack, maybe Molish, maybe Edgey, maybe Cachas, maybe Puncheter... We'll see.

Last edited by Swoobat; 27th August 2013 at 11:42 AM.

^Yay no deaths!

No one posts here very often, I might start posting my Emerald Nuzlocke again after I finish my summer homework.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Let's see what happens today...

- To get the Exp. Share, and train weak Pokémon easier, I need to own 50 Pokémon, and I own 40, so I've begun evolving some of my boxed Pokémon. Spupa and Gafe evolved into Butterfree and Beedrill, respectively, Misspiu and Tonto also evolved, and so did Solid.
    - Peste evolved into Vileplume, that makes 47, and Edgey evolved into Exeggutor after learning Sleep Powder.
    - Molish died because of a big big mistake!! I was going to train it and get it to evolve into Dugtrio, and, after running into a lv 36 Featow, instead of pressing Pokémon, I pressed Run, I couldn't escape, and the Fearow's Fury Attack killed Molish... I am so sorry Molish, rest in peace... You were Jolly, I was even considering training you because of that... That won't be possible now.
    - Krapp is now an amazing Gyarados, one more, and I'll have 50!
    - Jack completes this task, evolving into Haunter. I got the Exp. Share. Also got the Itemfinder. Gave the Exp. Share to Shellhorn, and kept going in the game.
    - Flied to Viridian, and entered Giovanni's Gym.
    - I beat the trainers, their Pokémon were bulky, but didn't do many damage to my team. I got to Giovanni.
    - I risked and used Shellhorn in this battle, and it worked as it dealt with the 2 Rhyhorns easily using Surf. Dreammm destroyed Nidoqueen with Psychic, Dugtrio was really easy for Fear, and Fear also 2HKOed the Nidoking with Return. I got my last badge.
    - Healed my team and went to face Gary at Route 22. Bolt used Thunderbolt against the Pidgeot, destroying it. Shellhorn beat the Rhyhorn and the Growlithe using Surf, Cabezas dealt with Exeggcute, luckily Fear outsped and koed the Alakazam using Return, and Blastoise lost to Bolt. Time to save and stop playing for now.

EDIT: Let's go on where I left it.

- Entered Route 23, and began showing my badges to get going.
    - I couldn't catch anything in the grass, so I fished a Poliwhirl. It was lv 26, and I caught it and named it Espiral. It was Mild.
    - Got to the Victory Road... A lv 46 Onix was my encounter here. I caught it and named it Brocker. It was, like Puncher, Calm, a bad nature...
    - The Victory Road is long, and the trainers have a lot of Pokémon. I went on exploring it and beating the trainers, getting experience for Shellhorn.
    - Finally got to the Indigo Plateau. Many preparations must be done before attempting to challenge the E4. Got a Mystic Water at Celadon, and used Thief to get a Twistedspoon for Dreammm. Also got another TM24 for Shellhorn.
    - Found out I had never been to Treasure Beach, so I went there.
    - I caught a lv 33 Tangela there. I named it Enredo and it was Quiet.
    - I noticed I hadn't caught anything at One Island either. I caught a lv 18 Gyarados. I named it Groar and it was, like the other Gyarados I own, Adamant.
    - I caught a Poliwag at Viridian City. It was at lv 18 and I named it Polis. It was Naughty.
    - After uncountable Fearows, I managed to get a Sharp Beak! I gave it to Cabezas.
    - I'll train my whole team up to lv 59-60 before attempting to beat the E4. But I only have 5 Pokémon... Of the Pokémon I have, who would you train? I'll gladly take any advice on this.

Last edited by Swoobat; 28th August 2013 at 1:49 PM.

Check the last update because it was edited!

In this part I'll battle the E4. I hope to be lucky...

- Have been training Shellhorn, now it has reached its partner. I think I'll try beating the E4 with 5 Pokémon, because training one more can be tedious, I had enough with Shellhorn and Cabezas.
    - Ok, finished training. I hope lv 58 for everything is enough, Gary is a bit stronger than that, but I'll try getting past it with what I have.
    - Lorelei was first. Bolt Koed the Dewgong, the Cloyster, the Slowbro, and the Lapras using Thunderbolt, all of them in 1 hit, except for Lapras. Finally, Fear OHKOed the Jynx using Return, making use of its horrible Defense (Jynx... One of my favourite Pokémon to use in NU... I know her well...)
    - Bruno was next. The battle lasted for 5 turns. Shellhorn destroyed the two Onix using Surf, and Cabezas Sharp Beak-boosted Drill Pecks were enough to handle the Hitmons and Machamp.
    - Dreammm time against Agatha! Or so I thought, because luck wasn't with me. The fitst Gengar used Double Team 6 times, and Psychic missed 6 times (how lucky is that?) I had to use Bolt for hitting the first Gengar reliably with Shock Wave, but it didn't do much damage. It poisoned and confused me using Toxic and Confuse Ray, so I needed a Full Restore. Shock Wave didn't 2HKO, so she healed the Gengar as well, but after that 2 Shock Waves were enough. Uff, what a nightmare of a Gengar, I hate Double Team. Dreammm managed to beat the Golbat after being confused, Arbok came. I healed Dreammm, took a Sludge Bomb, and destroyed the Arbok with Psychic. Bolt easily dealt with the other Gengar, as it uses Sludge Bomb, which is physical in FRLG, and Bolt 2HKOed it with Thunderbolt. Finally, Cabezas destroyed the Haunter using Drill Peck. Phew, what an annoying battle.
    - Lance was the final E4 battle. I used Shellhorn's amazing coverage in this battle. The Gyarados fell to a Thunderbolt, the Aerodactyl hit me with AncientPower, but it left Shellhorn with 130/226 HP, and then Surf, well, it didn't ko, but it was close. Lance used a Full Restore, but then my next Surf was stronger and took down the Aerodactyl. The 2 Dragonair are weak and were beaten by Ice Beam, and so was Dragonite.
    - Gary... You again, we've battled many times and... ˇyou'll bite the dust again! Bolt, as always dealt with the Pidgeot, and Shellhorn with the Rhydon. Cabezas 2HKOed the Exeggutor using Drill Peck (Gary used 2 Full Restores on the Exeggutor before, and hit my Cabezas with Egg Bomb, but it wasn't that strong). Alakazam also fell to Drill Peck (luckily I was faster), I beat the Arcanine using Shellhorn's Surf. It happened the same thing that happened with Aerodactyl, the first Surf was not enough, but after a Full Restore, Surf crushed it. Finally, Bolt, who knows Gary's Pidgeot and Blastoise really well, took care of Blastoise with 2 Thunderbolts.

YESSS!! I'VE BEATEN THE POKÉMON LEAGUE WITHOUT LOSSES!

Hall of Fame:

- I don't take the game as finished yet, as I will explore the 7 islands, and depending on my team's level, I'll do the E4 rematches or not. But now I think the Islands will be much easier than the E4.

Last edited by Swoobat; 29th August 2013 at 2:25 PM.

Check the last update if you haven't as it tells how I beat the E4 and Gary!

- Now, to get the National Dex, I need to own 60 Pokémon... I have 54 by now.
    - I used my Water Stone and evolved Espiral.
    - Next, I took my Dragmag from the Daycare, and it was already lv 34. I evolved it.
    - Then I began training some of my boxed Pokémon against the Fighting-type trainers at One Island, using the Exp. Share. That way, Dragoon, Eyey, Wind and Reddy evolved, and now I have 60 Pokémon. Time to get the National Dex.

Last edited by Swoobat; 29th August 2013 at 6:59 PM.

I challenge you to do a EverLocke for 3rd gen!

What is an EverLocke Challenge?

An EverLocke challenge is a variation of the famous Nuzlocke challenge. It follows some of the same guidelines with a twist; all your pokemon must hold an everstone if possible!

EverLocke Challenge Rules
    • Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
    • You can only use the first Pokemon you encounter in each route/town/city/cave.
    • All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
    • If any Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and cannot battle anymore. You must then release it or place it in your PC Box.
    • Every Pokemon you catch CANNOT be evolved and must have an everstone as a held item at all times
    • For every gym leader that you defeat you are allowed ONE evolution. Choose your evolutions wisely.
    • Once a pokemon you have reaches its final evolution, you may remove the everstone and replace it with an item of your choice.
    • If you do not have more then one everstone, you must press 'B' to stop the evolution at every time.
    • If you wish to use any other restrictions, please specify them in the first post you make in this thread for your challenge.

A Nuzlocke Newbie here, but I'm going to try my hand at it on Emerald. I'm not going to make it overly difficult as its my first one, but also I'm not just going to have the first two rules as I know Emerald quite well and I'm a naturally cautious player anyway. Here are my rules:

Spoiler:- Nuzlocke Rules:

I'm quite nervous actually! Here I go! I've started, called myself Locke (Get it?) and Trainer ID is... 65522, which means I get Torchic! Yay! I did all the boring side-quest stuff, picked... Torchic of course!
    And saved Prof. Birch from the Poochyena. I nicknamed Torchic Sarge and trained Sarge to Lv8 before taking on May. I was taking no chances. I beat May comfortably, went back to Littleroot and picked up Pokeballs. I went north to Route 101 and the first pokemon was a... Poochyena! Which I caught and promptly named Travis. I've just healed and I'm about to train Travis as I haven't used a Poochyena in a while...

New Additions:

Sarge the Torchic

Travis the Poochyena

Spoiler:- My Team:

Spoiler:- Benched Pokemon:

Spoiler:- Graveyard:

Spoiler:- Pokemon by Location:
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 2nd September 2013 at 5:41 PM.
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Good luck, Shiny Espeon0429!!

Well, now I have 60 Pokémon, so now I can go to the other islands as well.

- One Island again! Now I have to find the gems... I spoke to Celio, and was told to look for them in One Island.
    - Got to Mt. Ember, where I met Team Rocket once again. What are their plans here? I battled them (lv 37 and 35, seriously?)
    - I got to another part of Mt. Ember, which I consider to be a different place. I caught a lv 24 Slugma here. I named it God. It was Naive.
    - In the end I found the Ruby and gave it to Helio. He gave me the Rainbow Pass.
    - I got to the Four Island, where I found Gary. A lv 12 Wooper was my encounter in this island. I caught it and named it Upah. It was Quirky.
    - Went to the Icefall Cave, where I caught a lv 45 Seel and named it Foca. It was Calm.
    - Found a Nevermeltice, and, more importantly, HM07 Waterfall. Had to teach it to Shellhorn.
    - Using Waterfall, I found Lorelei facing a few Rocket grunts. "So despicably weak". Now I kow where their hideout is: In the Five Island. Time to go there!
    - There I caught a lv 12 Hoppip, which I named Jumpy and was Adamant. Went to the Water Labyrinth.
    - Another lv 12 Hoppip was my encounter here. I caught it and named it Saltarin. It was Impish. Also recieved an Egg.
    - Got to the Resort Gorgeous, where I caught a lv 17 Qwilfish and named it Pinchi. It was Bashful.

Last edited by Swoobat; 29th August 2013 at 9:45 PM.

Thank you Swoobat, much appreciated.

Well a quick update. Travis was trained without too much issue and I decided to see what Pokemon I'd get from Route 103 and 102. On Route 103, the first four or five Pokemon were Poochyena, which I already had and so I caught the fifth Pokemon to appear... Wingull! Which I promptly named Zazu (Yeah it sucks but I'm sure I'll grow to like it!) and then I went to Route 102 where the first pokemon was sadly Wurmple (nicknamed Rafa). I was hoping for Lotad or if I was really lucky a Ralts. After training everyone to Lv10, Rafa evolved twice into the Dustox line! I headed to Petalburg and did the Wally side-quest and decided to update!

New Additions:

Zazu the Wingull

Rafa the Wurmple

New Evolutions:

Rafa evolved to Cascoon

Rafa evolved to Dustox

Spoiler:- My Rules:

I'll probably wait before the next update, Its a lot to write! Not sure if I'll keep many of them long term. Rafa probably not and Zazu depends on whether I get a Taillow in Route 104...

Good luck to everyone doing a Nuzlocke!
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 2nd September 2013 at 5:41 PM.

Ups, an Adamant Wingull, sorry about that, well, a Wingull proved to be very important in my Emerald nuzlocke, but mine had a better nature.

Well, let's keep on exploring the islands. (I lost progress, it seems I forgot to save, so I'll have to redo this part).

- Got to the Lost Cave. There I caught a v 52 Haunter, and named it Jeje. It was... Modest!
    - Found and beat Lady Selphy in the cave.
    - Went to the Five Island Meadow, where I met and caught a lv 15 Sentret. I named it Cutey and it was Modest.
    - I beat the Rockets, but now I need a second password to enter the warehouse. Six Island is my next destiny.
    - In the Water Path I ran into another Sentret, a lv 10 one. I caught it and named it Cuqui, and it was Lax.

Last edited by Swoobat; 2nd September 2013 at 12:22 PM.

It's currently 12:21 AM and I'm bored, time to start up a Leaf Green Nuzlocke Challenge

Da Rules:
    - Pokemon faints it's considered Dead and must be released.
    - Can only catch the first Pokemon in each area.
    - Must nickname all Pokemon.

Exceptions:
    - Areas don't count until I've received the Pokedex and Pokeballs.
    - Not following the duplicate clause(meaning I'm allowed to catch the same Pokemon even if I've already caught it in a different route.)
    - I can catch shinies, but I'm not allowed to use them.(Extremely rare but has actually happened before.)
    - The Safari Zone/Game Corner, I will only be able to catch/buy one Pokemon only.
    - I can catch the first Snorlax regardless if I've caught/fainted the first Pokemon in that area. I'm counting them separate, I'll than be unable to catch the second one regardless.

I've decided to choose a different starter since I've always gone with Charmander, so I'll be choosing Squirtle as my starter.[Fun fact about me, in my history of playing R/B/Y and Leaf Green I have chosen Bulbasaur only twice and Squirtle only three times(now four).]

I gave Squirtle the nickname Tortuga the Spanish word for Turtle. It's nature is Mild. I always hate the in-game tutorials, I've been playing this series for 15+ years now. I'm pretty sure I know all the basics
    Anyways I beat my Rival Blue, it would really suck to lose to him right at the start. Some of you might be saying How could you lose? Two words Critical-hit! Don't believe me, well Swoobat knows, btw sorry about that dude it happens
    After I delivered Oak's package and receive my Pokedex and Pokeballs this Nuzlocke challenge has officially started. An on Route 1 I actually managed to get through it without a single wild battle...aside from that I went back and caught a lv 3 Pidgey with Hasty nature that I named Jack.

It's late now I'll post....later today after I've gotten some sleep lol.
    Last edited by Zyon; 1st September 2013 at 4:28 PM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I made it to Viridian City again and went straight to Route 22 to catch another team member. Was kind of hopping for a Mankey but I find a Rattata Lv 3 and nicknamed it Kate. I then headed to Route 2, there's a rare chance of getting a nidoran I hate how they changed that. I found another Rattata Lv 4 and nicknamed it Smith, an since I'm not following the duplicate clause so I'm allowed to catch it. I went ahead back to Route 22 and started to grind just a few levels to face my Rival. When I fought him I nearly lost Tortuga because of stupid Sand-Attack, I missed three times in a row MOST ANNOYING MOVE EVER!
    When I beat him I decided to prepare for Viridian Forest meaning buy tons of antidotes. The first Pokemon I found in the Viridian Forest was a Weedle Lv 4 which I nicknamed Buzz. Jack learned Gust which made this area a whole lot easier for me. I did the whole let Buzz go first then switch so it'll gain exp and didn't take long for it to level up to 7 and evolve. I made it to Pewter City and since I have Tortuga the gym is going to be a piece of cake. Well I took on Brock and I was too cocky switching back and fourth between Buzz and Tortuga to level it up and evolve. Brock's Onix brought my Squirtle down to 1 Hp but luckily Onix isn't faster and I beat him by blowing bubbles. Both Buzz and Tortuga leveled up to 10 and 11 meaning Buzz evolved into Beedrill. Now it's time to head to Route 3 and just before I leave Pewter City Professor Oak's aid gives me the Running Shoes, Yeeessssssssssss.

Spoiler:- Current Team:
    Last edited by Zyon; 2nd September 2013 at 5:33 PM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo

You're right Zyon, it happens, two crits after a Tail Whip beat my Charmander before. I should have used the Potion after the first critical hit, but I didn't expect two in a row.

Well, let's explore the Six Island today.

- Decided to explore the north part first. Got to the Green Path and then to the Pattern Bush.
    - A lv 9 Kakuna was my encounter here... ˇTHANKS, LADY LUCK! And I needed 3 Ultra Balls to catch it. I named it Unwanted and it was Modest. Now it's even more unwanted. I beat all the trainers here and got to the other side of the Green Path.
    - Here I caught a Mild lv 18 Tentacool. I named it Picar. Got to the Outcast Island.
    - Entered the Altering Cave and there I caught a lv 12 Zubat. It was Calm. I named it Cruelbat, like the Crobat that got to the end of my Emerald nuzlocke. (I can't believe I met my first Zubat/Golbat this far...)
    - Now I explored the south part of the island. I got to the Ruin Valley, where I caught a lv 15 Natu. I named it Magic and it was Naughty. (I am losing imagination, I can't think of original nicknames...)
    - Entered the Dotted Hole using Cut.
    - Got to the Sapphire, but an annoying scientist took it... He told me the 2nd password for the Rocket hideout though.
    - Now I'll explore the Seven Island, and after that I'll beat the Rockets.

Right people, I’ve got my first gym badge and my team are motoring on nicely! Anyway, my first step was to go and find my first Pokemon in Route 104. The first two or three were either Wurmple or Poochyena, but fourth up was Taillow – Get in! (Swellow is one of my favourite Pokemon) After naming him Pecks, I trained him up and had a very nervous moment when he was on 1HP! Luckily he survived and I defeated the Route 104 trainers and went into Petalburg Woods where I found the second Pokemon (the first was a Wurmple) – Shroomish, another one of my favourites which I named Peanut (After my favourite Animal Crossing villager) and trained her up on a par with Pokemon. I swept through Petalburg Woods and defeated the Team Aqua grunt before going out back onto Route 104. I’d already caught a Pokemon here so I motored onwards to Rustboro City where I promptly benched Travis and Rafa, who I didn’t need for now. I swept Rustoboro gym, trained my team up to Level 16, where Sarge evolved! And I headed for the gym... Roxanne luckily didn’t pose much of a threat to me. Zazu took out the first Geodude with Water Gun, the second Geodude was taken out with Mega Drain, before I sent out Sarge against Nosepass. Nosepass tried to use Rock Tomb, but Sarge was too strong with Double Kick and though Roxanne healed twice, I still prevailed to live another day!

New Additions:

Pecks the Taillow
    Peanut the Shroomish

New Evolutions:

Sarge evolved to Combusken

BTW: I’m adding a new rule regarding shines. This is something I've just thought of and hasn't happened to me yet! If I see a shiny in the wild, I reserve the right to catch it. However, I can't use it in my team unless it was the first Pokemon found in the route/city. If it wasn't the first found, it must be permanently boxed until the end of the challenge.
    I'll go back and edit it in the previous updates!

OK, I'll probably update after Brawly. Tbh, I'm not sure if I'll catch any Pokemon for the long term before then but it depends on who I catch. Its going well so far, no casualties as of yet and I hope it stays that way!
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 2nd September 2013 at 6:40 PM.

Well, this quest is reaching its end...

- Got to the Seven Island and went North first, reaching the Trainer Tower.
    - Just beat the 2 Psychics there.
    - Now, south to the Canyon Entrance.
    - There I caught a lv 10 Phanpy. I named it Trompa and it was Naughty.
    - Got to the Seavault Canyon, where I caught a lv 15 Phanpy. I named it Elef and it was Adamant.
    - Solved the Tanoby Key puzzle and went on exploring the Seavault Canyon beating the remaining trainers.
    - Danced the Chansey Dance and then got to the Tanoby Ruins. I caught a lv 25 Unown in one of the Chambers and named it Unknown. It was Naive.
    - The Rocket Hideout awaits me!
    - Got to the hideout after passing by the already beaten grunts.
    - Began battling the grunts. Found TM36 Sludge Bomb.
    - Dreammm took care of the first Admin using Psychic, and now it's time to deal with the hardest trainer in the islands.
    - Tough? Not at all! Shellhorn took Golbat and Houndoom down with Ice Beam and Surf, respectively, and Weezing fell to Dreammm's Psychic.
    - A scientist is left. Fear dealt with the Voltorb, the Electrode and the Porygon, and Shellhorn destroyed Magnemite and Magneton with Surf. Finally got the Sapphire.
    - Gave the Sapphire to Celio. His machine works now!
    - Cerulean Cave is now available! I'll explore it...
    - A lv 61 Ditto was my encounter there. I caught it and named it Pinky. It was Hasty. Got to Mewtwo after getting all the items, but didn't fight it.

I think I can say the challenge is over. Gary's best Pokémon is at lv 75, and to reach those levels I'd have to grind a lot. Thanks all of you that read through the whole thing, I've enjoyed this nuzlocke a lot, although I expected more losses, things went better than I expected.

I can't believe a Raticate I caught at the first Route endured the whole game without fainting. It was much weaker than Dodrio, but it could beat trainers, and its Return was amazing. Lapras is a great Pokémon to have, it's better than Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan as a Saffron encouter in my opinion. Jolteon is fast and strong, making it a very nice Pokémon. Hypno is amazing for a nuzlocke as it's quite bulky and learns Psychic really early in case you don't want to spend the TM. Besides, it's also very common, easy to get. Dodrio proved to be very useful and replaced Charizard quite nicely, as its Drill Peck hurts a lot. And I can't forget Meowth. Its Pickup ability and compatibility with some HMs made it quite good to have. Pickup gave me a ton useful items, and some Nuggets as well.

Well, it's over. I've written quite a bit these days, and played a lot. I hope you enjoyed reading my progress, I am not a good writer, that I know (English isn't even my first language and that may make me sound repetitive sometimes), but I did my best in trying to express myself and telling you how things went. Thanks for reading those who did, and expect to see me in this forums soon, as this hasn't been my last challenge.

Spoiler:- Final team:

EDIT: Oh, well, in the end I tried beating the E4 again, with the rules intact, but considering the challenge as finished; I mean, if I were to lose, it doesn't matter, this nuzlocke is a success whether I lose the rematches or not. If I had taken this seriously I would have grinded for this, just I wanted to see how my team would perform against these overleveled trainers. I surprisingly got to Gary, but without Cabezas and Dreammm, and Heracross destroyed Shellhorn, Fear and Bolt. Well, Shellhorn managed to beat the Heracross in the end, but Shellhorn was so low in health that Tyranitar's Sandstorm killed it immediately. If I had had Cabezas, it would have been possible, but it fell to Agatha's Gengar. Dreammm fell to Lance's Kingdra, a critical Surf killed it. But as I said, this doesn't count, as I didn't even prepare for it, the nuzlocke is a success.
    Last edited by Swoobat; 3rd September 2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Challenge complete!

-On Route 3 I was too stubborn to switch and Kate died by a Pidgey's Gust
    -On Route 3 I found another Pidgey but decided not to catch it.
    -I went into Mt. Moon and found a Zubat however Smith just had to get a Crit. So no Pokemon for this area
    -About halfway through Mt. Moon Tortuga evolves into Wartortle.
    -I made it to the last Team Rocket grunt and Jack was already half Hp but got destroyed by a Rattat's Hyper Fang. I wasn't paying much attention so it caught me by surprise.
    -So since my other Pokemon except Tortuga were low on Hp I just went ahead and let Tortuga lead just to play it safe.
    -When I beat the Super nerd I chose the Dome fossil. I'll go back and get the Old Amber and decided later which fossil I want to use.
    -I made it out of Mt. Moon and just for the lolz I taught Tortuga Mega Kick.
    -After depositing Jack in my death box I go back to Route 4 to look for a new team member.
    -I found a Lv 8 Spearow that I named Jake, with Relaxed nature.
    -Now it's time to grind a little for the battle against our Rival.

Spoiler:- Death Box:

Spoiler:- New rule:
    Last edited by Zyon; 3rd September 2013 at 8:15 AM.
    -Mewtwo

-I faced against my Rival Blue and again nearly lost Tortuga cause of leech seed and poison powder. Why I didn't switch to Buzz before is beyond me.
    -I then take on the Nugget Bridge Challenge, to bad I can't do the Nugget glitch since this is a Nuzlocke Challenge XD
    -I love nidoran but I hate it when I'm facing them because of Poison Point. Anyways I beat the Nugget Bridge got the Nugget and beat the Team Rocket grunt.
    -I found a Lv 8 Metapod on Route 24 and nicknamed it Sammy.
    -I found a Lv 13 Bellsprout (Yes thx game), Route 25 and nicknamed it Isabel.
    -I made it to Bills and helped him and gave me the S.S Anne ticket.
    -Before facing against Misty I decided to go on to Route 5 to get another Pokemon.
    -I found a Lv 12 Meowth on Route 5 and nicknamed it Evin
    -Went to face Misty to get my 2nd gym badge, but man her Starmie was so annoying. Paralyzed it with Isabel and switched to Tortuga kept using Bite since it's super-effective and it kept using Recover. Finally got it to the red and Misty uses a Super Potion. After it couldn't move because of Para hax and then flinching I finally was able to beat it.

Spoiler:- PC:

*Now heading to Vermilion City.
    -Mewtwo

-I travel down Route 5 and through the Underground Path and came out in Route 6.
    -I found a Lv 15 Pidgey on Route 6 and nicknamed it Jackie.
    -While fighting the trainers on Route 6, Smith evolved into Raticate.
    -I made it to Vermilion City and got myself an old rod from the fisherman.
    -I headed east to Route 11 and entered in Diglett's Cave, What kind of Pokemon will I ever find in this cave?
    -In Diglett's Cave I found a Lv 19 Diglett and nicknamed it DigDug.(I love that game)
    -I found a Lv 14 Sandshrew and nicknamed it Molly.
    -Now I've got two ground types, gotta take on S.S Anne and then Lt. Surge should be a peice of cake.
    -While battling the trainers in S.S Anne Isabel evolves into Weepinbell.
    -An I almost forgot that Evin has Pick Up ability I've gotten three Rare Candies in a row already from just walking around the ship :O
    -An to top it of Evin found a Nugget
    -I took on my Rival besides Tortuga getting a little roughed up by his Ivysaur I smashed his team. Then went to get HM Cut.
    -Now it's time to take on Lt. Surge and get my third gym badge.

~Edit: I'll be updating later tonight or tomorrow morning with a big update.~
    Last edited by Zyon; 7th September 2013 at 2:56 AM.
    -Mewtwo

Slightly large update this time. Even though I only got 2 badges.

-Alright with Pokemon X&Y just around the corner this Nuzlocke Challenge is going into Super Speedy Mode(or as fast as I possibly can anyway :3). So expect a huge update this time.
    -I quick go inside the Vermilion Gym and how lucky is this, right away the second trash can I look I find the key then right next to it I find the second one
    -An Diglett completely owned Lt. Surge now moving on to Rock Tunnel.....so dark.
    -I get back to Curelean City and trade in the bike voucher for a bike, faster travel baby.
    -Before I head off to Route 9, 10, and Rock Tunnel I stock up on supplies. I just bought x99 Antidotes making the grand total of x106 I'm good till the end of time XD.
    -I found another Rattata and Smith the powerhouse that he is destroyed it with a crit hit.
    -While fighting the trainers on Route 9 DigDug evolved into Dugtrio
    -Omg thank god for Tortuga's bulkyness it survived a switch in to a Geodude's Magnitude 9 with 10 hp. Why is it that I keep putting Tortuga in harms way like that @_@
    -I found a Voltorb Lv 17 on Route 10 and nicknamed him John.
    -I found a Mankey Lv 16 in Rock Tunnel and nicknamed her Mandy.
    -I made it through Rock Tunnel with little trouble and got Tortuga some much needed levels. Soon it'll be a mighty Blastoise.
    -Taking on Route 8 and I found a Lv 18 Pidgey and nicknamed him Walter.
    -Just going through Route 8 beating every trainer and Jake evolves into Fearow.
    -An I gave Jake Secret Power which is owning, great since he needs it. Could have gaven it to Smith but I see myself using Jake in the long run as my fly user.
    -Made it through the Underground Path to Route 7 and found a Lv 22 Bellsprout and nicknamed it Brad.
    -I made it into Celadon City one of my favorite places in Kanto. An just like everytime I play this game I go straight for Eevee.
    -I'll be using Eevee either as a replacement for Tortuga if worse comes to worse I'll still have a good water Pokemon, or Jolteon for a great electric Pokemon.
    -Anyways I got Eevee and nicknamed him Origin and possible will rename him alter on depending what I evolve him into.
    -An I take on Celadon City Gym which should give Jake some nice exp.
    -Jake ran out of Aerial Ace's and her Vileplume pratically paralyzed my whole team but I beat it and got the 4th gym badge.
    -Now it's time to play the slots and reck Team Rocket's Hideout.
    -I got a little screwed over by Giovanni by not paying attention.
    -Isabel died to Kangaskhan's Mega Punch which sucks but I do have Brad another bellsprout.
    -Jake died to Kangaskhan's Mega Punch I made a derp mistake but I could have beaten his Kangaskhan.
    -Evin died to doduo's fury attack while I was trying to catch it.
    -I found a Doduo Lv 20 route 16 nicknamed it twins.
    -I found a Gastley Lv 15 inside Pokemon Tower and nicknamed it Jasmine.
    -I've decided to seriously grind after losing both Isabel and Jake. While grinding Tortuga finally gained a level and evolved into Blastoise. Which is still the only Poke I have that's above Lv 30.
    -I'm going through Pokemon Tower and Brad evolves into Weepinbell.
    -I made it through the Pokemon Tower and saved Mr. Fuji, returned back to his house and I got the Poke flute.
    -Went back to Route 16 and woke up Snorlax
    -I managed to catch him by just throwing balls cause any attempt to lower it's hp or paralyze it, it'll just Rest. Lv 30 Snorlax on Route 16 nicknamed him Johnson, I'm happy
    -I then went to the other Snorlax on Route 12 and had to kill it, makes me sad having to do so :'(
    -I got the Super Rod and decided to fish on Route 12 to see what I could catch.
    -An found a Gyarados but it killed it's self by using Trash and confusing it's self to death -_-
    -On Route 13 I caught a Lv 2something Krabby
    -On Route 14 John learned Selfdestruct....I hope I never have to use it.
    -An I'm nearly there to Fushia City so many trainers, I'm wishing now that I went through Routes 16-18 instead.
    -I managed to use a Repel and sneak past all the trainers on Route 14 an 15 so I can heal everyone up.
    -Now that I'm all healed up and ready I head back to Route 14 and 15 to battle the trainers and hopefully catch two new members for my team.
    -I found a Lv 15 Venonat on Route 15 and nicknamed him Randy.
    -I decided to get some extra levels before I took on Koga, so I went up Routes 18, 17, and 16.
    -Just battling along Route 17 when John finally evolves into Electrode. Finally John isn't such a Glass Cannon anymore.
    -I freakn hate the Poison Pokemon Joh, Twins, and DigDug all were effected by Poison and had one heck of a time trying to open the menu. Nearly lost DigDug she had only 1 Hp left @_@
    -On Route 16 Twins finally evolved into Dodrio, I'll be going to the name rater to change fer name to Triplets.
    -After beating all the trainers on Routes 16, 17, and 18 I decided to go and face the fifth gym. I'm probably going to use Johnson and DigDug mainly since Johnson has Immunity that prevents poisoning, and DigDug for super-effecitve moves. To bad Koffing and Weezing has levitate -_-
    -I'm realizing that I'm under leveled for this gym, I'm the same level as the trainers but I know Koga has a Lv 43 Weezing. While most of mine are 31, Johnson and DigDug are 34-35, an my highest level Poke is Tortuga at 37 :/
    -Alright that had to be one of the hardest battles so far. Thank Arceus Johnson had Immunity he was able to take care of Koga's Koffing's, when he sent out Muk and started to set up Acid Armor and Minimize I go so lucky at getting Magnitude 9-10 with DigDug. In a previous Nuzlocke challenge his Muk sweeped through my entire team after doing those moves. His Weezing had to be the most annoying Pokemon. Johnson was to low on Hp so I had to switch out, it's Sludge was nearly one shoting my other Pokemon. Finally with Tortuga spamming Surf I thought I could win but Koga hyper potion not once but twice. Finally got it in the red again and used John to outspeed it since his Weezing was paralyzed and I won.
    -Oh Arceus, I hope I'm more prepared when I face Sabrina @_@

-Mewtwo

Right everyone, sorry its taken so long but here is my third update. My time has been taken up recently playing a Scramble Challenge on Fire Red and work. So since, last time, I exited Roxanne's gym and saw the Aqua grunt flee northwards towards Route 116. I followed him and prepared for my first Pokemon there which was... Whismur. Aware that I was about to catch one in Risturf Tunnel, I didn't bother catching it and I moved on. My Pokemon didn't really struggle at all as I hunted down the Aqua Grunt, caught a Whismur inside Risturf Tunnel (Called Decibel), saved Peeko and retrieved the Devon Goods. The Devon President gave me the Pokenav and I headed south where I promptly ran into May. May was pretty easy, Zazu taking out her Torkoal with Water Gun and Peanut destroying Mudkip with Mega Drain.
    Before going to Mr. Britney, I first benched Decibel as I've used an Exploud recently. Mr. Britney took me to Dewford City, where I picked up the Old Rod and fished on the coast to catch a... Tentacool (named Marino after a Tentacruel in my previous Ruby Water Mono-type). I wasn't sure whether or not to keep Marino, so I kept him in my party for the time being. Before checking out Dewford gym, I zipped to Granite Cave to find a Pokemon there which was... Makuhita (named Pulse). I wasn't too happy with it as I've used Hariyama loads in the past and I was hoping for a Geodude or Zubat tbh. Oh well. I did the Granite Cave quest in the dark (It really isn't hard to navigate is it?) and gave the letter to Steven. I taught Pecks TM47 - Steel Wing as a reward. I returned to Dewford and cleared out the gym of trainers with little difficulty and benched Pulse (I won't be using it unless I get desperate). After training my Pokemon to Lv20, I took on Brawley, who was pretty easy thankfully. Pecks took care of Meditite and Machop with Wing Attack and Zazu was able to comfortably beat Makuhita even though Brawley kept healing. I had got my second badge!
    After this I met Mr. Britney and headed to Slateport, where I did the beach battles and rested up in Slateport. Team Aqua were at the museum of course, but they posed little threat to Sarge. With most of the Slateport events taken care of for now, I cautiously headed north to Route 110 where after finding a Poochyena first, my second Pokemon was... Gulpin! I was really happy as I hadn't trained one before. I nicknamed her Lera and trained her up to Lv21 on a par with the rest of my Pokemon. I decided to bench Zazu at this point as I had only really wanted him to take out Brawley but I may well pick him up in the future. I cleared out the trainers at the bottom of Route 110, on Route 103 and in the Trick House, during which Pecks reached Lv22 and evolved into Swellow! After healing up, I prepared to take on May. May wasn't too hard, but I opened with Peanut first (as I wasn't sure of her first Pokemon) When Lombre came out first, I switched to Lera who took him out with Sludge. I was a bit nervous when she sent out Marshtomp as he used Bide, but Peanut still 2HKOed him with Mega Drain. Finally Pecks comfortably beat Slugma with Wing Attack. Phew!

New Additions:

Decibel the Whismur

Marino the Tentacool

Pulse the Makuhita

Lera the Gulpin

New Evolutions:

Pecks evolved into Swellow

I'm stopping the Pokemon by Location Spoiler Box as its needless and you can just read my challenge. Right, its going well! Wattson should be OK with Sarge, but I'm a bit worried about Maxie and Flannery so I may start raising Marino just in case. Wattson will probably be too soon so I'll update after Maxie in all probability. Good luck to anyone doing Nuzlockes!
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 8th September 2013 at 6:34 PM.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast