Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Oh guys, I'm distraught. I've lost my first Pokemon. :'(

I'll let you know what happened. From last time I headed northwards, defeating trainers, before healing up in Mauville, picking up the bike and heading to Route 117 and dumping Marino in the day care, so he could get levelled up for the upcoming Fire trainers. Here, sadly I made my first big mistake of the Nuzlocke. The first new Pokemon I saw was Oddish and unfortunately, I accidentally used Pecks' Wing Attack on it, so it fainted. Anyway, I trained my Pokemon up to Lv25 by clearing out Cycling Road and Wattson's gym. Peanut evolved in the process.

It was time to take on Wattson, which was a tough battle. Firstly, I sent out Sarge against Voltorb. He was able to defeat it with a mix of Ember and Double Kick but suffered a Thunder Wave to be paralyzed. I gambled on keeping Sarge out for Electrike and thankfully it paid off with him KOing Electrike with Double Kick. Thirdly was Magneton v Peanut and Peanut eased to the victory with a Mach Punch, but he also got paralyzed by Thunder Wave in the process. Manectric is where it started to get difficult. I sent out Lera to use Yawn firstly before using Sludge. Unfortunately Sludge didn't do much whilst Shock Wave took over half of Lera's HP. I healed Lera up and continued using Sludge whilst Manectric was asleep. Wattson healed and soon Manectric woke up so I decided to switch Lera out. The last thing Lera did was crucial though as Sludge poisoned Manectric. I switched to Peanut, who with Mach Punch and Poison was able to comfortably take out Manectric. Phew!

Afterwards, I healed up and picked up Marino who was now on a par with my team and headed to Verdanturf Town where I freed Risturf Tunnel before heading back and moving north. I took out the Winstrates before capturing my next Pokemon... Rally the Numel. I taught him Rock Smash and continued onwards, but I made an annoying mistake in the Fiery Path, forgetting to pick up a Pokemon. :P I continued to Route 113, where I caught Lopez the Spinda and I had a heart attack when I took on that double battle in the north as the Koffing used Selfdestruct, but luckily it wasn't enough to kill either Pecks or Sarge who went down to yellow health. However, later in the route, disaster struck. Sarge was fighting a Koffing and Ember only went down to red health before the Koffing used Selfdestruct. And got a Critical Hit. Sarge never stood a chance. RIP Sarge. To everyone who said how hard it is to lose a Pokemon, they are totally right. It seems ridiculous, but there was a pit in my stomach. I was so distracted, I nearly lost Peanut before Fallarbor Town, sending him out against two Flying Pokemon in a row, but I switched in time. I healed up at Fallarbor and deposited Sarge in the Graveyard. RIP SARGE!

I made a decision to train up Rally as a back-up and after a lot of training I was ready to carry on. Not much more of note happened. I caught Draconia the Swablu on Route 114, before fighting my way through to Meteor Falls where, sadly, the first Pokemon was a Zubat and not a Solrock. :/ Oh Well, I named him Fangs and saw Archie face the Magma Grunts before I headed south back to Rustboro where I healed up and I am now. I'm gutted about Sarge, I truly am.

New Additions:

Rally the Numel

Lopez the Spinda

Draconia the Swablu

Fangs the Zubat

New Evolutions:

Peanut evolved into Breloom

Lera evolved into Swalot

Spoiler:- My Team:

Spoiler:- Benched Pokemon:

Spoiler:- Graveyard:

Spoiler:- My Rules:

Well, I'll update after Flannery but it may not be until later this week. I need to go to bed now because I have work in the morning, but I will say for tonight...

RIP SARGE
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Another slightly big update, things will be goign much faster now.

-I took on the Fighting-type gym in Saffron City to get myself either Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan.
    -Twins got some much need exp by just spamming Flying. An I chose Hitmonchan nicknamed him JackieChan...I'm so original.
    -I took care of all the Team Rocket grunts in Silph Co. building
    -I took on my Rival and it was a complete joke, even though his Pokes were just 2 levels higher then mine. I just destroyed everything.
    -I grabbed the Lapras and nicknamed it Nessy, a nice Water/Ice-type Pokemon just if I ever need it.
    -Now Giovanni was a little trouble because Brad only had Giga Drain but some what bad defenses. I could have had Tortuga take care of everything but I wanted my other Pokes to have a chance. Probably not the best thing considering DigDug is so squishy. I was able to beat him without losing anyone thankfully. Unlike the last battle, Isabel & Jake you'll be missed :'(
    -On Route 19 I fished and found a Lv 25 Krabby and nicknamed it Jim. If you put both the krabby's I've captured together you get Slim Jim
    -Time for some serious grinding before I face Sabrina, I really don't want to lose the Challenge now
    -So I just messed around on Routes 19, 20, an 21 made my way to Cinnabar Island.
    -I found a Lv 22 Tangela on Route 21 nicknamed him Spaghetti.
    -I found a Lv 30 Grimer in Pokemon Mansion and nicknamed him Sludge
    -Now most of my Pokemon are lv 40, and pretty much the only Pokemon I have to fight Sabrina with is Tortuga. Johnson can take the hits so he's an option but everyone else will get destroyed.
    -Well that was easier then I thought it would be. Snorlax just walled her entire team and demolished them. I didn't even need to use anyone else in this battle, can't believe I was worried XD
    -I decided to get the Itemfinder so that I can get the Leftovers from the Snorlax's and I put them on my bulkiest Pokemon, Snorlax and Tortuga.
    -An now I'll be getting my seventh gym badge right after since Tortuga is more then ready.
    -As far as what Pokemon I'll be getting on Cinnabar Island, I don't know if I want to revive Kabuto or Aerodactyl
    -Ok beat all the trainers in Blaines gym, I decided to put DigDug up front to get a quick kill. I want to put some excitement instead of just easily taking out all his Pokemon with Tortuga.
    -His Lv 42 Growlithe's Fire Blast took DigDug down to 33 Hp....well that's enough excitement for me in this battle
    -Surprise, surprise when I go outside of Blaines gym to find Bill. Time to head to the Sevii Islands.
    -I found a Lv 31 Ponyta on Kindle Road and nicknamed her Jessie. Nice I finally got a fire-type Pokemon.
    -I got to Mt. Ember and started to think I was stuck because I absolutely forgot to pick up HM Strentgh and couldn't move the boulders that were in my way. Of course I learned that I didn't need to go to Mt. Ember but yet I had to go to Two, an Three Island to finish the mission(Derp moment, it happens)
    -I found a Pidgey on Bond Bridge but didn't want it so I killed it...
    -On my way to save Lostelle Brad finally leveled up to 42 to learn Razor Leaf, not entirely sure if I really should have waited so long to learn it because it's not all that powerful. Anyways I used the leaf stone on Brad to evolve him into a Victreebel.
    -I found a Lv 31 Slowpoke in Berry Forest and nicknamed him Derpmon.
    -I found Lostelle and easily beat the Hypno. I gave the meterorite and went back to talk with Bill to go back to Kanto.
    -I decided after arriving back in Kanto to grab the Old Amber in Pewter City. I went back to Cinnabar Island and revived Aerodactyl instead of Kabutops. I nicknamed him Sash.
    -Now that I have all seven gym badges it's time to take on the 8th and final gym. Then I can take on the Elite Four, as far as the challenge it will continue but in a way it's also complete. Leaf Green/Fire Red, even G/S and HG/SS are different then other games because the advanture continues even after you beat the Elite four.
    -I gave Triplets, Brad, and Tortuga the chance to take care of all the trainers in the 8th gym.
    -I then demolished Giovanni's entire team with Tortuga and Brad.
    -It's time to take on Victory Raod, and then the Elite Four. It'll have it's own part and should be posted sometime tonight or tomorrow(I've got work whcih takes up most of my time)

Spoiler:- Current Team:

Spoiler:- PC:

Spoiler:- Death Box:

Note: I wanted to mention in my second update but forgot. I'll be doing another Nuzlocke Challenge as soon as I defeat(or lose) the Elite Four. This is just to keep me busy until Pokemon X & Y are released. So the next Nuzlocke Challenge will be Soul Silver, I'll be going through the generations in order and I'll start a new one as soon as I defeat the Elite four even if there's more after it like in Gen I & II.
    Last edited by Zyon; 10th September 2013 at 5:40 PM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Note: This would have been posted earlier but unfortunetly I got sick for 3 days starting on the 11th. Had the stomatch fue and a major migraine did nothing but sleep for two days and was able to eat again on the third day. It wasn't fun at all.

In all my previous updates I've never really went into great detail on what's been happening(pretty much because I'm rushing a little). But since this is the ending as far as I'm counting anyways, I'll be putting in details of the battles especially when I face against the Elite Four.(Since the battles will be slightly long they'll all be in spoilers.)

-Ok to start things off I'm a little worried since my Pokemon a little low leveled.(I haven't really grind) So taking on my Rival before I go through Victory Road is going to be a slight challenge I think. Since I already know he'll be leading off with Pidgeot I'll be using John, I would use DigDug but his stats are starting to show.
        Spoiler:- Battle with Blue::

-With losing my Flying Pokemon I'm unsure who will replace him. I went back to the Pokemon Center to deposit Triplets and heal my Pokemon. I head back to conitnue onto Victory Road.
    -I go by each guard showing my badges to enter into Victory Road.
    -On Route 23 I found a Slowpoke but decide to pass since I already have a high level Slowpoke.
    -I now stand infront of the Victory Road entrance. This is the second challenge before facing the Elite Four. I check my bag and realize I'm unprepared(Also that I don't have HM STRENTGH -_-)
    -I'm currently using Walter as my Flying Pokemon. I'm thinking about leveling up Sash for the Elite Four. If only I had enough Pokemon caught to get the Exp. Share. I'll also be replacing DigDug with someone else because he's way to squishy and I don't want him dieing so easily. So I'm going to train up Derpmon
    -When I first entered into the Victory Road I found an Onix nicknamed it Pebbles.
    -I finally made my way through Victory Road, many of the trainers inside tested my skills. But none of them were a challenge. I made it to Indigo Plateau and looked over my team. An I decided that I needed to grained some much needed levels. I'm afraid Pokemon in the 40's won't do as well considering my Rival is in the 60's.
    -Alright after grinding a tons of levels on One Island. I managed to get Sash and Derpmon to the rest of my team levels.
    -Final preparations and stocking up on Full Restores. This is it the final challenge, it's now time to face the Elite Four.
        Spoiler:- Lorelei:

Spoiler:- Bruno:

Spoiler:- Agatha:

Spoiler:- Lance:

Spoiler:- League Champion:

Spoiler:- PC:

Spoiler:- Death Box:
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo

Congratulations Zyon! You've just done the most diificult part of the challenge, as the Sevii Islands are fairly easy. A few things I'd like to comment...

-Derpmon's Sp. Def finally falls and I send out Tortuga to use Surf and kills the annoying Gengar.
    You know, even if Shadow Ball lowers your Sp. Defense, it's still physical (Gen. 3 doesn't have the Physical/Special split) so it doesn't matter at all.

Outrage barely does anything but my Surf misses. His Outrage continues but dies to the Surf.
    Surf never misses, how did it miss?
    I am Spanish, so my English isn't very good.

Spoiler:- Completed Challenges:

3DS Friend Code: 2191-8109-9121. Friend Safari: Flying: Swanna / Spearow / Hawlucha. PM me so that I can add you!

And at last I have returned to a Nuzlocke challenge!

This time, I decided to start a FireRed challenge, with new rules. I can catch duplicates if I want to, but otherwise, if a Pokémon in an evolutionary line I have appears (whether alive or dead), then I can keep looking for a new one. Shinies can be caught, no matter if I've already caught a Pokémon for that area, and, due to their rarity, can be considered 'immortal'... unless I find more than three, in which case they'll be reduced to starter status. Speaking of which, starters are the only Pokémon which get a second chance if they faint.

Another ridiculous rule I've started that, in most cases, a lot of nicknames will be Kid Icarus themed. Only in a few cases can this be exempt, such as Rattata (which I nicknamed Lucky after one in a solo-Rattata run).

As usual, I started the game, and this time, instead of my usual starter, Charmander, I decided to use one I rarely used- Squirtle. Luckily enough, she turned out to start off female, and thus, quickly inventing my final rule there, I nicknamed her Pandora. With my new Squirtle in hand, I did the same old tutorial stuff, before I got my first five Pokeballs at long last and began on my way.

The first Pokémon I ran into was a level 3 male Pidgey. Weakening him with Pandora's Tackle, I got him down to sufficient HP to capture him. It only took the first ball, and remembering the rule of a Kid Icarus theme, what better name to call it than the main protagonist, Pit?

Before progressing, I decided to train a bit in order to fight my rival. Carefully, I trained both Pandora and Pit to level 8 before I realised that I hadn't caught the new member of my team from the next route. Instantly, I rushed there, and dashed straight into the grass to find a simple Rattata. Disappointing, considering there are Mankeys there. Even so, I caught him, and, quickly forgetting the rule, named him Lucky. Whoops. So I altered it a bit... >:3

I spent more time training before stopping for the day.

Team so far:
    Pandora, level 10
    Pit, level 10
    Lucky, level 10

Stored:
    Gaol, level 5

@Swoobat: Surf doesn't always hit. I've had it miss.

EDIT: I trained my team to level 10, beat my rival and caught my newest team member, Gaol the Caterpie. However, I was struggling to trai her, so I placed her in one of my 'Hold' boxes in case I need her.
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 23rd September 2013 at 8:39 PM.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by Swoobat View Post
    Congratulations Zyon! You've just done the most diificult part of the challenge, as the Sevii Islands are fairly easy. A few things I'd like to comment...

You know, even if Shadow Ball lowers your Sp. Defense, it's still physical (Gen. 3 doesn't have the Physical/Special split) so it doesn't matter at all.

Surf never misses, how did it miss?
    As far as the Surf missing that's just one of the random times where even 100% accuracy moves will miss. The old RNG comes into play on this, there is a very small chance that even a 100% accuracy move like Surf will miss. I guess at that moment I was lucky enough to get it :/
    However it does not apply to moves like Swift, Shock Wave, or Aerial Ace, etc because they are of course fixed moves to never miss. ONLY in certain situations like when Fly, Dig, or Protect is used.

Unfortunately I needed some of the Pokemon I caught(including Tortuga) for Black 2. So pretty much after finishing the Elite four I migrated them over, I thought I mentioned it somewhere that I would do that.
    Anyways I wasn't going to plan on continuing it after defeating the Elite four anyways, I wanted to get started on my next Nuzlocke Challenge to keep me occupied that has a fresh start you know. An that game will be Sapphire which I'll be starting here in a little bit. An update will be posted at some point tomorrow(Was gonna do Soul Silver but I currently have something else going on that).
    Last edited by Zyon; 26th September 2013 at 4:22 AM.
    -Mewtwo

After defeating the 2nd gym I went on to continue my journey, to Slateport! I defeated the trainers in the route at the beach and in the beachhouse and arrived in Slateport. I did the devon goods/team Aqua bit and healed my pokemon again. In Route 110 I got myself an Electrike, and I continued. I easily defeated may, considering she is usualy is the hardest at that spot for me. And I continued north into mauvile, in route 117 I got an illumise. After training my pokemon a bit I challenged the 3rd gym, and a critical hit saved my combusken.

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Spoiler:- Death:

Spoiler:- Catch list:
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I decided to start up another Nuzlocke Challenge this time on Sapphire. This is mainly to occupy myself while waiting until X and Y's release. For this particular Nuzlocke Challenge I'll be choosing the starter based on my Trainer ID. If the last number ends in 1, 4, or 7 I choose Treecko 2, 5, or 8 I choose Torchic and 3, 6, or 9 I choose Mudkip. If it's 0 then I get to choose.

Spoiler:- My rules for this Challenge::

I've decided for nicknames I'll be doing a Norse God theme.

-I started up the game and my Trainer ID ends with a 3 meaning Mudkip is going to be my starter...So I herd you like mudkips
    -After destroying the weak Poochyena Professor Birch gives me Mudkip and I nickname it Aegir.
    -I travel to Route 103 to fight May, since I haven't received Pokeballs yet the Pokemon I encounter don't count.
    -I reach the end of 103 and face against May. It was close I had to use a Potion but I beat her Treecko.
    -I finally check Aegir's nature and turns out to be Jolly. Not really the best considering how low Swampert's speed is, but this is in-game.
    -I made my way back to Littleroot town to talk with Professor Birch, he gives me the Pokedex and May gives me some Pokeballs. It's offical Nuzlocke begins.
    -Before I leave home my Mom gives me the running shoes. Oh how did we ever play Gen I, an II games without them???
    -Alright I'm on Route 101, first Pokemon I encounter is....a Zigzagoon. Oh my god, Aegir's Tackle gets a crit and knocks it out....
    -I get to Route 103 I found a lv 3 Poochyena and nickname him Weth.
    -On Route 102 I found a Lotad buuuuuut I wasted through all my Pokeballs trying to catch it. :'(
    -I make my way to Petalburg city and have a talk with my Dad the gym leader. Then get talked into looking after Walley as he catches his first Pokemon.
    -After finishing the how to catch a Pokemon tutorial, my Dad wouldn't except my challenge.
    -On Route 104 I found a Lv 5 Wurmple and named her Saga.

-Mewtwo

Yesterday I started my first Nuzlocke challenge, on Pokemon FireRed. This first update's kinda lengthy.
    Rules: Nickname all. Faint= release. Set mode. Duplicate clause- 3 encounters. On 3rd encounter, must capture Pokemon anyway.
    I started the game and my ID number ended in 2, so I picked Bulbasaur, named Fushigi.
    I caught a Pidgey in Route 1 and a Rattata in Route 22, named Pigwidgeon and Mighty, respectively.
    Caught another Pidgey in Route 2, named Hedwig. Hedwig later died while grinding on Route 1.
    Caught a Caterpie in Viridian Forest, named her Esperanza.
    Slayed Brock with Fushigi.
    Caught a Nidoran m in Route 3, named Spike.
    Accidentally started grinding in Mt Moon before realizing it was a new area, so no new Pokemon from there.
    In Route 3, I knocked out an Ekans before catching it.
    Slayed Misty with Fushigi.
    My rival, Green, wreaked HAVOC on my team. Only Fushigi and Esperanza survived the massacre.
    Caught a Weedle named Needles on the way to Bill. The Abra I also encountered on the way teleported away from me.
    Caught an Oddish on Route 5, named Leafy.
    Caught a Pidgey on Route 6, named Witherwing.
    Caught a Diglett in Diglett Cave, named Terra.

I'm currently grinding in Route 6, to prepare for the battle with my rival. I'm trying to get Esperanza, Fushigi, Witherwing, and Terra to level 25.
    Current team:
    Witherwing- lv. 20 - Spearow
    Fushigi- lv. 23- Ivysaur
    Terra- lv. 24- Diglett
    Esperanza- lv. 23- Butterfree
    Leafy- lv. 15- Oddish
    Needles- lv. 9- Kakuna
    Last edited by BulbaGhost; 29th September 2013 at 4:47 PM.

-After healing my Pokemon at Petalburg city I head into Petalburg forest.
    -In Petalburg woods I found a Lv 5 Shroomish(YESSSS!!!) and nicknamed him Magni
    -It roughed up my team just a bit due to it's Effect Spore ability. Had to go back to the Pokemon center in Petalburg city.
    -I easily took out the Team Aqua grunt, I always loved how the guys thanks you by giving you a great ball.
    -When I made it out of Petalburg woods I pretty much immediatly went straight to Rustboro City to fight Roxanne. Since I had both Magni and Aegir she wouldn't be much of a challenge.
    -An she wasn't Magni set up Leech Seed + Stun Spore + Absorb on Nosepass which quickly took it out. Last turn ended with it being paralyzed and dieing to leech seed.
    -I head on Route 116 to find the Team Aqua grunt that stole the Goods.
    -On Route 116 I found a Lv 6 Whismur and nicknamed her Elli.
    -I found the Team Aqua Grunt and saved both the Goods and the Wingull. Since I caught a Whismur outside I couldn't catch anything because there's nothing but Whismur's inside the cave.
    -I went back to get on the boat to head to Dewford to deliver the Letter that I magically got to Steven.
    -I let Saga beat up the two Sailors just outside the Granite cave and she evolved into Beautifly.
    -Inside the Granite cave I found a lv 7 Zubat and nicknamed him Loki
    -I managed to deliver the Letter to Steven.
    -I have to grind just a bit in Granite cave before I fight the gym.
    -I take on the gym. Since Loki doesn't know any flying moves unless I over grind on levels, it slowly takes out the other trainerrs.
    -Playing with Magni in this fight was so risky but effective by using leechseed.
    -It took forever to take out Machop because Brawely using two Super Potions. But with Makuhita luckily effect spore poisoned it, all I had to do was stall the fight.
    -After receiving my second gym badge it's now time to head to Slateport City.

-Mewtwo

I was looking for something to do to while doing my breeding project on Soul Silver to keep it from getting too tedious, so I decided to try my first Nuzlocke challenge on FireRed. I decided to do the basic two rules:
    1) Can only capture the first pokemon encountered in any area
    2) Once a pokemon faints, it is considered dead and cannot be used.

I’ve also decided to include:
    3) All pokemon must be nicknamed (I NEVER play with nicknames so this will be new to me.)

So, in the beginning…..I called myself Lucky (because I’m going to need it) and my rival Ichigo. I then had to choose my starter: I eliminated bulbasaur straight away because my breeding project is on bulbasaur and I am sick of looking at them. Charmander would have made life super hard at the first and second gyms, so I went with squirtle. I named him Galactica, and decided to go with a space ship naming theme. So off I ran with Galactica in to route 1 and bumped in to a pidgey – with no pokeballs yet this meant no pokemon from this route for Lucky. Anyway, after delivering Oak’s parcel and running back to Viridian City I stocked up on potions….or got as many as I could afford. Then I skipped off in to route 22 and accidently wondered too far and got in to a fight with Ichigo…without having trained my Galactica yet. A lvl 7 bulbasaur vs a lvl 9 pidgey and a lvl 9 bulbasaur. I was certain my Nuzlocke would be over before it started. Somehow I managed to keep myself afloat though by tackling and using all my potions once Galactica was in the yellow. Afterward I managed to catch a mankey who I named Serenity.

I then ran in to a weedle on route 2, typed in “Enterprize” in to the nickname box, accepted and then realised my error. How did I even make that mistake? Somewhere in the world right now a Trekkie is looking at my post disgusted. Anyways, I kept going in to Viridian Forest and caught a kakuna who I named….Enterprise and then decided some training was in order. I went back to route 1 to train on the easiest pokemon to play it safe and Enterprize still fell to a pidgey on a critical hit. RIP little “Z”. After a bit of training I hit up the trainers in Viridian Forest, and Serenity got herself poisoned. With only one potion and no antidotes, it was a teeth gritting dash back to the pokemon center, having to use the potion about half way when her health hit 1 hp. Luckily she made it, and I finished up in the Forest and in to Pewter City where Galactica swept through Brock’s gym for the first badge. Woo. Route 3 saw the addition of Moya the pidgey and an accidental crit on a zubat meant no Mount Moon pokemon for me (although I did get the dome fossil so I guess that counts?) Route 4 saw the addition of Voyager the ekans and I saved and left the game there. Not sure How to tackle the next gym, but I must say this is really fun. I would have never played with pokemon like mankey or ekans otherwise.

Spoiler:- R.I.P.:
    Last edited by Tagi; 1st October 2013 at 3:08 AM.

...Welp...this looks...sort of bad. *laughs weakly* Hello guys, This is Misty here...um...I vanished.
    Well...long story short, my Nuzlocke run of XD Gale of Darkness...failed. After my last post a few months, maybe a year ago, I got to Citadark Isle, the final area of the game! [For the record, the last Pokemon I ever caught was Shadow Altaria]

I didn't lose because of a black out or anything like that...but of my will to go on shadering in a million peaces. All because of a man named Cipher Admin Gorigan.

So, let me catch you guys up on the ORIGINAL version of Misty's Gale of Darnkess Nuzlocke.
    I last left you guys after the death of my Teddiursa, Rose, to the Shadow Spheal, caught the Shadow Seedot [to use].

Since I will be going through a lot of game play, I'll just hit the key points:
        Spoiler:- In a Nutshell:

The final team was this:
    Aquila [Altaria] Docile Lv42 f
    Zaprong [Electabuzz] Naughty Lv42 m
    Vixion [Ninetales] Lonely Lv43 f
    Mighty [Mightyena] Naice lv43 m
    Peanut [Primeape] Rash Lv43 f

HOWEVER, I am back in Orre, back in Gale of Darkness for round TWO! And this time, I will finish this game, whether I black out or NOT!

My ruling is simple:
    1. If a Pokemon Faints, I can no longer use them because they are dead.
    2. Because there are X amount of Pokemon, and the encounters are rather...scripted, instead, I will be rolling a die after each catch. If I roll a 2, 4, or 6, I am free to use the caught Pokemon and Purify them, ext. HOWEVER, if the Pokemon I caught gets a 1, 3, or 5, I must go to a Pokemon Center ASAP and box them, never to be used again. I call this Locking. I am not allowed to Purify them or anything.
    3. Name all of my Pokemon...but I do this anyways.
    4. Try to catch all the Shadow Pokemon.

And that is that.

My Journey starts in the West side of Orre, inside Krane's Lab. Of course, fighting that virtual trainer with the Metagross. I win the battle -Let's be honest, who DOESN'T win that battle?- and come back to reality. I look at my starter, an Eevee later nicknamed Rifu.
    Rifu, my starter. He is a Level 10 Male Eevee with the Nature Adamant [Which I JUST learned raises Attack and Lowers Special Attack...UHG!]
    I do all the stuff I need to do, not even reading the text. And, before I know it, my first catch, the male Shadow Teddiursa from Spy Naps. I role my die for the first time of the run, and...1. DARN! Teddiursa is Locked. This doesn't boat well for me.
    Without knowing that Adamant lowers Sp. Attack...I evolve Rifu into a Vaporeon. I chose Vaporeon because it is more bulky and strong. Well, let us hope he's nature will not hinder him.
    ->
    I head into Gateon Port [obviously, do to Rifu evolving] and catch my next Pokemon, a Male Poochyena from Bodybuilder Kilen. I roll the die and...1. W-What? I had to fight this battle with Rifu alone, and Poockyena was Locked. Gosh darn it, this is a bad sign.
    I go to the final Shadow catch, and cross my fingers. I catch the Male Ledyba from Casual Guy Cyle. [His response to this always makes me sad. "I thought you caught my Pokemon at first." ...Sir...I did] I roll my die, and...and...6! Thank goodness! I begin training the Ledyba on the double.

I go through the next town, Agate Village, getting my only Shadow Pokemon's Heart Gauge down to Opening. And then I fought Eagun and his Pikachu. And it was faster than both Rifu and the Shadow Ledyba.
    He hits the Ledyba. I cringe, knowing that I was now be facing a Pikachu with one Vaporeon...
    He lived...MY LEDYBA LIVED! He lived with...get this...ONE hp!
    We managed to defeat the Pikachu, and the living Ledyba is purified after being healed.
    His name?
    Nyckelpiga, one of my favorite members of my Crystal Nuzlocke a long time ago. He returns once again with a Lonely Nature, Raising Attack and lowering Defense.
    ...This is going to be a long road ahead of me, eh?
    But, hey, I learned that Ledyba can learn Psybeam...WELL, that is helpful...I guess.
    Finishing the day off in Mt. Battle, and I am now going to evolve Nyckel [Nickname for Nyckelpiga] before anything else bad happens. [Both of my Pokemon will be around 18, which is the levels of the Shadow Pokemon in the upcoming area]
    I save my game, and rightfully give an early Bro Badge to Nyckel for living with one HP from a super effective Thundershock from a Level 12 Pikachu... know, this doesn't SOUND so amazing...but this is a Ledyba, we are talking about here.

Spoiler:- The Team:

Spoiler:- In the Box:

Spoiler:- Dead:

Spoiler:- Locked:

So, let us hope that tomorrow will bring better rolls than today, but if not...ah well.
    Good luck with your Nuzlockes, and have a Fantastic Day!
    ~Misty

Well, I was a bit worried about my upcoming battle with my rival, so I decided to level everybody to 18 in route 4 - where I lost Moya to a spearow on a critical hit. I was so furious with myself for letting that happen...I almost decided to go heal her but no, I stuck to the rules.

After I decimated my rival and the trainers on nugget bridge I ran in to route 24 grass and caught myself a caterpie who I named after the Defiant. I was *really* hoping for an abra, so I boxed her out of disappointment. In route 25 I found myself an oddish who I named Normandy and used the trainers in that route to bring his level up to scratch.

Then it was time to challenge Misty's Gym where I ended up losing Voyager to my own stupidity, but I did get the Cascade badge. Then on to route 5, where I found another pidgey (yay) who I named Talyn. Anyone who understands why is awesome. Through the underground passage to route 6 and the first pokemon to show was another oddish so no new pokemon for me.

I decided to leave it there for the night.

Goodness, I just hate it when you lose Pokemon to Crits. >:C They are never fun.

Anywho, over in Orre, Nothing...really happened...YET!

Day 02 of Misty's XD Gale of Darkness...Take TWO!

As I said, I got Rifu and Nyckel to level 18...and boy is Riu's Adamant nature showing...*shivers*
    But, at Level 18...
    ->
    Nyckel...he can do some type of damage. He makes me proud. <3

I ride over to the Cipher Lab, and get ready for the six Shadow Pokemon. I cross my fingers for some luck...
    My first attempt was with Cipher Peon Purpsix and his Poison Pokemon. The Shadow Pokemon; a level 17+ female Gulpin. Weakening her and catching her was a breeze, and a roll my die.
    This will be interesting. I never did use a Gulpin before, but I have used a Muk once.

The next attempt was the level 17+ Male Seedot from Cipher Peon Greesix. I am happy to be catching another one, loving how Funga worked in the failed run...but.
    3. -_- Life hates me.
    Cipher Peon Resix is next with his level 17+ male Houndour...1. GOSH DARN IT! Not again!
    I turn my attention to Cipher Peon Browsix, forgetting that he was there. I remembered the Pokemon he used, a level 17+ Baltoy. I quickly catch it, and roll my die. 4...
    FOUR! Yes! Another member to the Misty train!

This will be interesting. I never used a Baltoy, same with the Gulpin.
    Cipher Peon Blusix was next, and I catch the level 17+ Spheal easily. It would be the first Pokemon I would box for later, considering I have Rifu...
    Or...not. I'm not using a Spheal...that works, too.
    The level 17+ male Mareep is the last one from Cipher Peon Yellosix. I catch the Mareep, after almost losing my starter, and roll my die.
    ...4...FOUR! Again, FOUR! I get to use a Mareep!

Said to be the most overused early electric type...and I have the privilege to use one. I am glad, because now I have a Pokemon that can use Thunder Wave!

I go back to Mt. Battle, getting ready to train/purify my three new Shadow Pokemon. [this is what is going to happen before I get access to the dancing place and more than 6 Pokemon] And save my game.
    The Gulpin is almost Purify-able, but I cannot remember her nature at the moment. I want to say it is Rash...but I am not 100% sure.

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- In the Box:

Spoiler:- Dead:

Spoiler:- Locked:

This will most likely be updated when I finish "Training" the three new Shadow Pokemon. Who knows.
    Good luck Nuzlocking, and I hope you have a fantastic Day.
    ~Misty

I headed west in to route 11 and caught a drowzee who I named Nostromo. A dash through Diglett's Cave gave me a diglett named Sulaco. I then took the S.S Anne by storm, got cut and then swept through the Vermilion Gym with Sulaco. During this time both Talyn and Normandy evolved.

After getting the cascade badge I headed in to route 9 and the first pokemon encountered was a rattata who I named Adriatic.

Game was left there for now. Hope everyone else is going well in their Nuzlocke challenges!

After dropping off the face of the earth for the last few months, I've decided to restart my LeafGreen run. Standard rules apply except for five modifications:

1.) Route 2 before Viridian Forest and Route 2 after Viridian Forest are two separate areas.
    2.) Encounters only count as such after receiving Pokeballs.
    3.) Gift Pokemon or in-game trades don't count as encountered or "caught."
    4.) Only one Game Corner Pokemon allowed.
    5.) When a Pokemon of level n faints, use a random number generator to pick an integer between 1 and n. If the number generated is greater than or equal to n/2 (for even n) or (n+1)/2 (for odd n), the Pokemon is considered dead. If the number generated is less than that, the Pokemon is still alive.

I used the number generator to choose my starter. I ended up with Charmander, and named him Dragon. I then went through the standard start-of-game procedure.

The first Pokemon I ran into on Route 1 was a level 3 Rattata. I named him Fang. I then went up to Route 2 before Viridian Forest and caught another level 3 Rattata, Lorna (points for spotting the reference!). I went to Route 22 before settling in to train before the first rival battle; there I caught a level 3 Spearow, Flicker.

That's about it right now. I'm currently training for the rival battle. Taking it pretty slow, too, with school and everything.

Hello people of the third generation. I have returned to Nuzlocking after beating Pokemon X [now wishing there were more than one save file to Nuzlocke it.]

Now, know I have another Nuzlocke going right now...but being that I have really no way of playing it [being on the Gamecube and all] So I am choosing to put the game on hold for now.

HOWEVER, I turn my attention to my favorite region, Hoenn. [this is like, the third try at this generation.]

So, my Nuzlocke has some steep ruling...I think.
    1. I can only catch the first NEW Pokemon within a new route. [Dupes are on]
    2. If a Pokemon faints, they are considered dead and can no longer be used.
    3. No use of Items inside of battles, however held items are fine.
    4. Black Outs DO NOT count as Game Over. I MUST use up all of my Pokemon until no more Pokemon can be used.
    5. I cannot over level my Pokemon. They must be lower or at the level of the Gym Leader. If a Pokemon is over leveled, I cannot use them until I beat the gym.
    6. I am not allowed to run away from Wild battles, no matter how weak or strong. I am also not allowed to use Repel.
    7. Battle Style put to Set

Spoiler:- Level Limits:

So, without farther ado, my Day to day Log.

Spoiler:- Day to Day Log. Day 1 to Day 7:

Spoiler:- Latest Team:

Spoiler:- On the bench:

Spoiler:- Death:

Good luck on all of your Nuzlocke, and have an amazing day. I'll see you all tomorrow.
    ~Misty
    Last edited by ShinyMisty; 17th November 2013 at 8:47 PM.

Well, I have finally decided to try a Nuzlocke, and in one of the two (three now, I suppose) generations I am the least familiar with. As I enjoy being different, and having read some of the variant rules, I decided to do as follows:

Standard Nuzlocke rules, including nicknames, apply, with one exception. Should the FIRST Pokemon in a given area be a duplicate, the second is catchable. Should the second be a dupe of the same Pokemon, the third is catchable. Under NO circumstances can anything beyond that point be caught, and duplicates of any member of an evolutionary line currently represented in the team cannot be caught. As you will see, this rule has already paid some serious dividends, though I have also already seen it backfire (*cough cough Zigzagoon cough cough*).

Further, no Pokemarts beyond the first one may be visited, save to purchase TMs at the Shopping Mall. This has to do with the flavor brought in with my naming convention - Final Fantasy characters. After all, save for the occasional bit of rare end-game gear (in this game, TMs), item shops kinda, well, suck after the beginning, and you get more than enough from random battles and chests.

Anyway, to the actual playthrough. I started off with Boko the Torchic, and quickly went to do battle with my rival. After handing him a quick loss (I tend to go with female characters), I made my way to the Lab with all due haste to acquire some Poke Balls. As a note, I did NOT start enforcing the first Pokemon per route rule until after I got said Poke Balls. If this is a Nuzlocke faux pas, please do let me know for future reference.

Upon leaving the lab, I entered route 101, and promptly met a Wurmple. I went to check his nature and... my game crashed. Not having saved prior to that point, I restarted, did all the above, and went back into Route 101, Poke Balls in hand. I got into a battle and... Zigzagoon. Not the greatest, but better than a game crash. The fight was going well until Torchic landed a critical hit, but thankfully, the Zigzagoon survived, and I happily added my first capture! In fact, I was so excited about catching him, and so ready to go to sleep for the night, that Zigzagoon, who I was going to call Nanaki, is still Zigzagoon. I hope to rename him eventually. I pressed on to Route 102, and found a Wingull. Nanaki took point on this battle, and remembering when I caught him, smacked the Wingull with a critical hit. Wingull also managed to survive, was caught, and this time I did rename him Garuda. At this point, I called it a night.

The next day saw me tackle Route 103 and some grinding. The first Pokemon saw in Route 103 was a Zigzagoon. The second was a RALTS!!! She was captured in short order, and renamed after a certain sorceress: Rinoa. I ground out a couple of levels to get Rinoa an actual attack, took care of the story stuff in Petalburg, then moved on to 104, where I finally got a crack at that Wurmple that I lost due to the game crash. Shortly thereafter, Eyewing joined the team. Before entering the woods, I decided to get Eyewing to level seven, and evolved to Cascoon. Of course. Never in any of my playthroughs of 3rd Gen have I EVER had a Wurmple evolve into Silcoon. Satisfied (to a degree) with the day's progress, I saved and quit for the evening.

Petalburg Woods saw Zigzagoon pop out first again, followed shortly by a Shroomish. Shroomish was caught, and renamed Malboro. The name proved apt as in his first trainer battle, he handed 5 straight Wurmples humiliating defeats, and gained 2 levels in the process. Since, he has also, when underlevelled, swept the first practice trainer in the Rustboro Gym. He is every bit the rampaging plant monster of doom that the baddies in Final Fantasy are. Anyway, I exited the Woods, and it proved irrelevant when I considered this half of 104 a new Route, since the wild encounters went Zigzagoon, Zigzagoon, Wurmple. I made my way to Rustboro City, healed, and fought the couple of trainers I missed in 104 before challenging the first practice trainer in the Rustboro gym. It may have been a sweep, but it showed me that my team is underlevelled. Armed with that knowledge, I saved and had to quit as it was time to go to work.

My team now:
    Boko
    Nanaki
    Eyewing
    Garuda
    Rinoa
    Malboro

Boxed:
    n/a

Deaths:
    n/a

Levels are between 7 and 11 (yes, Nanaki is way underlevelled). Next up: grinding, and the Stone Badge!
    Last edited by GimliSam; 23rd November 2013 at 5:28 AM.

Apologies about the kinda-sorta double post, but today was eventful, and not necessarily in a good way.

I started by doing some grinding on route 116, where I caught a Taillow (now called Zuu), and entered the Rusturf Tunnel, where I (of course) caught a Whismur (I forgot to rename, but will change it to Barrett). Woohoo! During the grinding, I had one moment of terror when Rinoa got knocked down to 1 HP by a Whismur of all things. Also during the grinding, well, it turns out that my oh-so-reliable memory got a rather important detail wrong. Eyewing was actually a Silcoon, not a Cascoon as previously mentioned. I had just automatically thought - even when evolving from Wurmple - that he would be a Cascoon. Why was? Well, he evolved into a Beautifly partway through the grinding.

And then got one-hit by the Rustboro Gym's second practice trainer.

I should have known that a rock move, even Rock Throw, would do that, but I thought that he could survive one hit, then leech a bunch of the HP back with Absorb. I was wrong. Things got even worse during the fight against Roxanne. I led off with Garuda, my Wingull, who quickly took down Roxanne's Geodude. Out came Nosepass. I used Water Gun, and took off about 1/4 hp. She used Rock Tomb, and took off 100% hp. Malboro was able to win a long battle, but the damage was done. I have now learned two things about Nuzlockes: One - when possible, take NO risks when it comes to super effective moves, especially if they are STAB. Two - GRIND. I was at what I would have ordinarily considered a good level for the fight, and clearly, it wasn't enough.

Anyway, with my party depleted, I brought out Zuu and Barrett, who have since shown that they are surprisingly good (even if I do want Eyewing and Garuda back. I am really quite pissed about losing those two.) I took the boat to Dewford, and entered the main entrance of Granite Cave, where I gladly added Makuhita (Sabin) to the team, though this did lead to Nanaki going to the box.

My team now:
    Boko
    Barrett
    Zuu
    Sabin
    Rinoa
    Malboro

Boxed:
    Nanaki

Deaths:
    Eyewing
    Garuda

Next: grinding, and a decision. Do I count Makuhita as my only capture of Granite Cave, or do I treat all three levels as separate areas? Your thoughts on the matter are welcomed!

Looks like while I was training everyone, someone comes and FINALLY posts. x3

Well...everyone is finished being trained...and here they are:
        Spoiler:- Pre-Elite 4 Team:

I will come back tomorrow with the final analysis.

Spoiler:- Death count: 12:

....The next day....

Looks like...It just wasn't...meant to be...
    We fell...at the hands of Steven...but honestly...we fell so soon before that...
    Hinawa the Mawile fell to a Dusclope's earthquake.
    Corn the Machamp fell to Walrein's Blizzard [not under Hail]
    Susha the Tentacruel fell to Salamence's Dragon Claw
    Lukaus the Golem fell to Claydol's AncientPower
    Wallnut fell to Aggron's Thunder
    and finally...Shuu fell after taking a Thunder, and then a Dragon Claw by the same Aggron.
    I failed...

Good luck everyone...this has been Misty.
    Death count...18.
    Last edited by ShinyMisty; 27th November 2013 at 5:05 PM.

Just started a new Fire Red Nuzlocke on my new Youtube channel! Feel free to follow along!

Hawlucha Libre on Youtube!

Well, this week was eventful, and by eventful I mean I have gotten from Dewford to Slateport. There was a lot of grinding this week, and the reason for that is Brawly's Makuhita. See, I thought I was sufficiently leveled for the gym, and the practice trainers were a bit of a joke, to be honest. But, Brawly brought his A game. I led with Zuu, my Taillow, and was able to 2-hit his Machop, but in the process, I got taken down to about 1/2 hp, so when Makuhita came out, I started by switching to Malboro, my Shroomish. That is when Brawly started laying down Bulk Up boosts. I used Leech Seed, and was trying to keep on top of my HP with Absorb, but after a couple of hits, it became evident that that wasn't going to work, so I switched back to Zuu.

Who, after getting in one hit with Wing Attack, got KOed by Arm Thrust.

At this point, I figured that with Makuhita at roughly 1/3 HP, I could tank one hit and get the win with my most powerful attack, Sabin's Circle Throw. I brought him in, and sure enough, Brawly was able to take out another of my team, with his Makuhita's 3x Bulk Up boosted Arm Thrust shredding nearly 1/2 of Sabin's life per hit. Finally, I did what I should have done in the first place. I brought in Rinoa, who I had been (foolishly) protecting, and won.

Needless to say, I was discouraged. Two gyms managed to claim 2 Pokemon each. But I decided to soldier on. Noticing that Route 106 is very short, and needing someone new to add to the team, I went fishing, expecting a Magikarp. I am anything BUT a Gyarados fan, but what the heck - there MUST be a reason so many people like it, right? Well, imagine my surprise when it was a Tentacool on the line! Tentacool, and Tentacruel, I am a fan of, so I gladly caught my new team member - Remora. Later, I decided to go fishing in Dewford, as there really are no other options for adding a team member there, and caught that Magikarp, now called Leviathan. That is where the grinding started. Both came in at level 10, and the bulk of my team, though underleveled at 14-15, was still pretty far ahead of them. I grinded everyone up to 15-17, took Steven his letter (without Flash, thank you very much - best change in 4th Gen: making Flash a TM), then decided to head for Slateport.

In Slateport, I skipped giving the package to Stern in favor of catching a Pokemon on Route 110. I was fully expecting Gulpin (who would have gotten the name Quina), but to my delight, a wild Electrike appeared! Ixion was captured, and is now part of my main team. The week ended with delivering Stern the Devon Goods, but only because my DS's battery was running low, and I was on an airplane with no way to recharge it at the time.

My team's two main flaws that I see at this time are that they are still a bit underleveled, but that can be changed fairly easily. The other problem is that half of my team has a very slow EXP growth rate, making grinding REALLY annoying. Next up: leaving Slateport for Mauville, and a gym that I am NOT looking forward to. No ground attacks, let alone Pokemon, means I am seriously afraid of Electric types.

Current Team:
    Boko, the Combusiken
    Barrett, the Whismur
    Remora, the Tentacool
    Malboro, the Shroomish
    Ixion, the Electrike
    Rinoa, the Ralts

Boxed:
    Leviathan, the Magikarp
    Nanaki, the Zigzagoon

R.I.P.
    Eyewing, the Beautifly
    Garuda, the Wingull
    Zuu, the Taillow
    Sabin, the Makuhita

Episode 2 of Training Champions (Fire Red Youtube Nuzlocke) is up!

Come and join us as "The Macho Mankey" joins the team of future champs!

Ugh... just, ugh...

This week was uneventful grinding, until today. I started on the road to Mauville, and ran in to my rival. I had Malboro up first, but he was leading with Shroomish as well. I decided to switch, and brought out Barrett the Whismur, who managed to dodge Stun Spore. This left me with a choice: go with Pound, and risk Effect Spore triggering, or go with Uproar? I chose Uproar. My rival's Shroomish only lasted three hits, but in those turns hit me with Stun Spore, followed by two Mega Drains, leaving me at a little over 1/3 HP. Since I have been playing with Battle Style --> Set, in came Numel, automatically. Barrett didn't quiet down, and was hit by Ember, which finished the job that Shroomish started. The rest of the battle was fairly easy, especially with my rival's Marshtomp leading with Bide, but it was still a costly victory. Barrett had an Adamant nature, and with his best possible attacks all being physical, he looked like a serious contender to be a standout on my team. I'd even used the Protein that Pick Up gave me on him, I was so confident.

After the battle, I healed, and gave Nanaki the slot in my lineup previously occupied by Barrett. The rest of the trip to Mauville was uneventful, but deciding to swing over to Verandurf was, sadly, not. First, I went for my capture on the route between the two, and out popped a Marill. Great, just what I need, a THIRD Water Pokemon. I mean, I like Water types as much as the next trainer, maybe more - I've even done a Water monotype in Blue - but still. I mean, give me a Roselia, or even an Illumise! Oh, well, I caught it anyway, and boxed it.

The trainer battles were going okay, until I took on the second Triathlete. It was Rinoa, my Ralts (Level 19) versus Doduo (level 18). First turn, he used Pursuit, and I used Confusion. He took off just under 1/3 of my HP, but I took out over 1/3 of his. I thought about switching then, but two things stopped me - one, I could race that, especially if he used Growl on any of his turns, and two, if your opponent has Pursuit, you just DON'T switch your Psychic type out. Second turn: he used Fury Attack, and it took Rinoa out in three hits. I don't even remember who I brought in to finish that battle off - Boko, I think - but regardless, I was stunned. Two more deaths, and this time, two team members that I pictured as potential cornerstones of my final team.

Lessons from today: Uproar + Set Battles = BAD IDEA.
    Grind more. No, really. When you think that you are high enough leveled, you're not. When you think you are overlevelled, get one or two more levels for each team member, just for good measure. I don't know if Rinoa's death could have been avoided this way - looking now, Doduo has 85-ish base Attack, and it was a STAB move that did me in - but I am pretty sure that Barrett's could have.

Up next: it is Boko (and maybe Malboro, if he evolves before Wattson) versus the Electric gym. Wish me luck - a death here might just lead to my stopping out of frustration.

Edit: I don't know what standard practice is, but I will be considering the desert to be a separate area from the rest of route 111, meaning that The Inevitable Rock Smash Geodude will be catchable, as well as whatever Pokemon ends up being my first encounter in the Desert after I get the goggles.
    Last edited by GimliSam; 5th December 2013 at 1:02 AM.

Episode 3 of Training Champions (Fire Red Youtube Nuzlocke) is up! In this episode we put our Champions up against the one and only Brock!

This starts our Question of the Day (QOTD) segment, so come by, give us a watch and let us know your answer!

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast