Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

I've decided to start a Nuzlcoke Challenge over all the generation's. An I'm starting off with Leaf Green and will eventually lead up to Pokemon X.

Rules at the start:
    -Not officially enforcing the rules until the player has Poké Balls and can catch Pokémon.
    -Starter Pokémon is based off the player's Trainer ID number. If the last number is 1-3 the player starts with a Grass type, 4-6 is Fire type, 7-9 is Water type, 0 is the player's choice.

My rules:
    -Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
    -The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else.
    -Must give nicknames to your Pokemon.
    -Making the battle style "set", leaving the player unable to switch out.

Log #1
    -I started out to see my Trainer ID and saw it ended with a 7 meaning my starter will be Squirtle.
    -The rules aren't enforced until I receive Pokeballs, so my first rival battle and first encounter on Route 1 does not count.
    -After doing the chore of delivering Oak's parcel to him I received some Pokeballs and my Nuzlocke Challenge begins.
    -Right away the first patch of grass I step into I found a Pidgey and named her Grace.
    -Made my way to Viridian City to heal and talk with the Old guy.
    -On Route 22 I found a Rattata and named her Princess
    -Knowing my Rival just above I decided to pass for now but I'll come back.
    -Made my way to Route 2, found a Rattata but didn't feel like catching another.
    -I venture through Viridian Forest and I found a Caterpie and named her Mindy.
    -Fearing Poison I go back to buy some Antidotes.

An that's all the time I have right now.
        Spoiler:- ~Current Team~:
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I got back on the horse, as it were, and decided to press on with my Nuzlocke. My first step was to grind a bit and level Malboro up to a Breloom. Not quite as dominant as in future generations, but still a beastly little Mon. Sure enough, as soon as he evolved, I went after Wattson. It wasn't even close. Mach Punch absolutely shredded Wattson's team, earning me a Dynamo Badge.

I set off, and oddly, "The Inevitable Rock Smash Geodude" didn't appear (also, I skipped the Winstrate house for now - Wattson may have been no challenge, but I am not pressing my luck that far.) I went to Route 112, and caught a Numel. The Fiery Path netted a Slugma. Finally, I went to route 113, hoping for anything but a Spinda. Result? Spinda <_< . Their names are Rydia, Ifrit, and Mog, respectively. Up next: not sure. I may go back to the Trick House and the Winstrate House. Should I encounter a Geodude, I will neither catch it, nor treat it as an encounter on Route 111.

Log #2
    -Buying a few Antidotes I head back to Viridian Forest.
    -An like always I get bombarded with Poison, but luckily no one dies.
    -Coming out of Viridian Forest I make my way to Pewter City to heal.
    -I spent just a little time on the North side of Route 2 to grind.
    -After gaining just a few levels I go to challenge Brock.

Spoiler:- Pewter City Gym:
    -I receive the Boulder badge and TM 39(Rock Tomb).
    -I visit the Pokemon Center and PokeMart before I head out.
    -Just before I leave Pewter City I meet one of Prof Oak's aide, and he gives me the Running Shoes.
    -I head to Route 3 and prepare myself for the trainers ahead.
    -Nearly forgot about the Rival Battle, so I head back through Viridian Forest.
    -As I'm going through the forest I kept running into Pikachu's. Not even kidding three Pikachu's in a row.
    -I defeated my Rival to let Mindy growa level or two.
    -...While going through the Viridian Forest again the first Pokemon I encounter yet another Pikachu.
    -On Route 3 I found a Mankey and named him Rocky.
    -I enter into Mt. Moon found a Paras and named her Kim.

Spoiler:- ~Current Team:
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Massive update time. Things started poorly for me since my last update. I went into the route past Fallarbor Town, and caught a Swablu, naming it Carbuncle. Then, with him added to my team of Boko, Remora, Malboro, Nanaki, and Ixion, I started grinding. Things were progressing, albeit slowly, until I fought a Ninja Boy with a team of four level 17 Koffing. I led with Carbuncle, and a few turns in: Selfdestruct. Ixion came out, one-hit the next Koffing with a crit, but fell when the next one survived Ixion's attack and did a turn one Selfdestruct. I was PISSED off. I brought out Rydia and Sahagin, leaving Mog and Leviathan in the box, and began to grind. Partway through grinding, a Machop got a Crit in after Leering Rydia, and managed the one-shot from full HP.

Since then, though, my luck has changed. I went to Meteor Falls, and caught a Zubat, who I named Yuffie. Most people find her annoying, but properly trained, can hit fairly hard and REALLY fast. I trained a bit more, and shortly after learning Bubblebeam, Sahagin evolved into Azumarill. Also, Remora reached level 25 (with some help from a few Rare Candies, I will admit: Thank you, Pick Up), and finally got a Water STAB move. Team Magma was dispatched with some ease, and my first encounter on the Jagged Pass, where I caught a Spoink I named Cait Sith. Upon reaching Lavaridge, I got the Egg, and hatched it in the town. I forget what I named the Wynaut, because I have approximately 0 interest in using it unless I get TRULY desperate. Grinding took my team to the 24-27 range, and Flannery fell without too many problems, as her Torkoal seemed to only want to use Body Slam. I caught a Trapinch named Tiamat in the Desert, grabbed the Claw Fossil, and revived it into Tritoch the Anorith (which is my Rustboro "Capture.") I am now preparing for Norman, with my team consisting of Nanaki, Cait Sith, Yuffie, Boko, Malboro, and Sahagin.

decided to follow in many peoples footsteps and do a generational nuzlocke. starting with firered. rules are duplicates do not count. all gift and intractable pokemon do not count as a catch, my trainer id will decide my starter and of course all pokemon must be nicknamed. oh and if the route is separated into 2 parts like route 2 they count as separate places. as do the different floors of caves.
    im about to enter mount moon and my team is
    Leaf - bulbasaur
    Scurry - rattata
    twister - pidgey
    Duster - butterfree
    Skorn - mankey
    Hammer - nidoran male

I have 2 pokemon boxed
    Spike - weedle
    Magi - magikarp
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

EMERALD CHALLENGE

My rules for the challenge:
    - A pokemon is considered dead when it is knocked out in battle.
    - All pokemon MUST be nicknamed
    - Only catch one pokemon per route. Floors of caves and water and fishing do not count apart. These rules only start after I get pokeballs
    - Healing is allowed
    - Starter will be determined by ID. 1-3 = Treecko, 4-5 = Torchic, 6-9 = Mudkip, 0 = Own choice ((Treecko))
    - Dupes and Shiny clause are on
    - Any other rules thought of during play will be written here too

POST NUMBER #1

- Named myself NuzLass, the Girl
    - Set the time in our new house
    - Checked ID. Ends on a 0, so I will get a Treecko very soon
    - Set the Text Speed to fast, and I will be playing with window frame 5 ((rainbow))
    ((Wow, my name is NuzLass and Brendan says "I didn't know you were a girl" -.-))
    - Got myself a wonderful Treecko to rescue Birch. Named it Koen in commeration of a friend of mine, who introduced me to the Pokemon Games. I remember him using a Sceptile almost always
    - Saved the Game

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Spoiler:- Deaths:

POST NUMBER #2

- Started where I left of
    - Got to route 103 after levelling to level 7
    - Beat Brandon, levelled to lvl 8
    - Got the Pokeballs
    - Made my catch on route 101: Wurmple. Named it Jacque, don't know why
    - Saved the game

POST NUMBER #3

- Went to route 103, caught a Poochyena named Makano ((should be like a Spanish n with line above it, but that character isn't available)). Boxed it
    - Went to route 102, caught a Lotad named BrgrKng2.0 ((because I used a Ludicolo named BurgerKing on my Sapphire playthrough)). Bosed it
    - Trained everybody to level 8 before I battled my first ((real)) trainer battle, making Jacque evolve into a Silcoon in the process
    - Went to Petalburg City, but not before I made my 2 pokemon level 10, evolving Jacque into a Beatifly.
    - Went to route 104, and after a couple Poochyena ((dupe clause)) caught a Marill named Hydrastic. Made it level 10 just like the others before I went into Petalburg Woods
    - In Petalburg Woods, I caught a Shroomish. Named it Extra Life, due to it looking like a Mario 1Up Mushroom. Boxed it, and defeated the Aqua Grunt
    - Got to Rustboro City, and continued to route 105, where I captured a Nincada named Pedivian, dunno why that name
    - Went to Verdanturf Cave? ((the cave with only Whismur)) and caught a Whismur named Up-Whroar. Boxed it
    - Defeated Roxanne. Koen took care of the two Geodude, and Hydrastic of the Nosepass, due to Block. Had much luck he used Harden a lot. Badge gotten!
    - Saved the game

Last edited by Shiny Swalot; 3rd January 2014 at 11:22 PM.
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

My Nuzlocke is on hiatus at the moment, as I got a 3DS and Pokemon X for the holidays. Before the hiatus began, however, one last major event happened. I challenged Norman - perhaps slightly underlevelled at the time - and through a combination of Bulk Up and a couple of Super Potions, swept his team with Boko. My party has not changed since the last update, save for the levels being ~29-30. Up next: roaming through Kalos with only 6th Gen Pokemon (okay, plus a Venusaur - see my avatar). Next for the Nuzlocke? Ask in a while. I will see this thing through.

I've decided to do a FireRed Nuzlocke challenge since I'm not making much progress on my other games. I started the game and chose my gender and named my character (Red) and my rival (Blue). I headed downstairs from my bedroom after that and spoke to my mother. I then went outside and I visited Daisy's house and then I met Professor Oak as I wandered north towards Route 1. He stopped me and I went back to his lab and I chose my Starter Pokemon (Bulbasaur). After beating Blue's Charmander, I headed out of Professor Oak's lab and I wandered north to Route 1. I battled wild Pidgey and Rattata in the tall grass and I eventually level up Bulbasaur and arrived in Viridian City. I saved at the Pokemon Center.

- Celery Lv. 7

Well, not sure if 386 hacks are legal to use with this challenge. But i'm currently playing Pokemon Expert Emerald. And started my own Nuzlocke.

My Rules are as follows:
    1. Normal rules
    2. No Duplicate pokemons
    3. No one-hit KO moves are to be learned.
    4. No Legendaries

Since i have already started here's what i've done so far...
    -Chose Teecko as my starter and named him Echo.
    -Grinded to Level 10 and defeated May.
    -Then I Saved

My Team as Follows:

Echo/Treecko
    Level 10
    Move Set:
    -Pound
    -Leer
    -Absorb

I healed my Bulbasaur at the Pokemon Center in Viridian City and I stepped outside after doing that. I visited some houses around the city as well as the Viridian City Gym too, but I couldn't enter the Gym yet. I headed over to the local Poke Mart afterwards instead and I got Oak's Parcel there and I headed back outside after obtaining it. I left Viridian City and headed back south towards Route 1 and I battled some more wild Pokemon. I arrived in Pallet Town and visited Oak's lab and gave him the parcel. I then obtained the Pokedex from Professor Oak and five Poke Balls as well. I went outside and I visited Daisy's house and got a Town Map from her. I then went back to Route 1 and trained my Bulbasaur some more.

- Celery Lv. 9

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Espeon0429 View Post
    Oh guys, I'm distraught. I've lost my first Pokemon. :'(
    Hey guys, this was my last post for my Emerald Nuzlocke. I stopped playing recently due to a Five Region Challenge I was doing, in addition to the release of X and Y. However, I am happy to say that I am now resuming this challenge where I left off and I'm nearly at Flannery, so expect an update soon (Probably tomorrow)

Thanks guys
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

I battled various wild Pokemon along Route 1 as I made my way north to Viridian City again. I leveled up Celery via those battles and I healed him at the Viridian City Pokemon Center upon arrival there. I headed over to the Poke Mart to purchase some items as well, then I explored the city a bit more and spoke to an old man who explained how to catch Pokemon. I obtained the Teachy TV item from him afterwards and I headed north to Route 2. I walked into the tall grass around there and encountered a wild Pidgey which I caught. I nicknamed it Pigeon and continued walking around the tall grass. I battled more wild Pokemon and then I entered the Viridian Forest gatehouse. I arrived in the forest itself and saved the game.

- Celery Lv. 11
    - Pigeon Lv. 6

Well, its been a long time coming but I'm ready to update, having beaten Flannery. If you want to know the story up until now, check out the post I quoted two posts up. After my long hiatus, I decided that I needed a sixth Pokemon to train as I didn't have a full team. As a result, I withdrew Fangs the Zubat (Caught at Meteor Falls) and began to grind to get him up to everyone's levels. Honestly, once he learned Wing Attack at Lv21, training him was easy. Sadly, though I wasn't really expecting it, he didn't evolve into Crobat.
    Anyway, I continued onwards to Mt. Chimney which I could now finally ascend following my encounter at Meteor Falls. I had been dreading the Maxie battle for a while, but it wasn't too bad. I was 80% sure Mightyena was first, but as Maxie's Zubat would have destroyed Peanut, I started with Fangs first. Sure enough, Mightyena was first, so I switched to Peanut and crushed him with Mach Punch. I switched to Marino for Camerupt and naturally Bubblebeam scored an OHKO. Finally Fangs eased past Zubat with Wing Attack. Maxie scarpered and I collected the Meteorite before heading south.
    I went into the Jagged Pass, where the first Pokemon was Numel, which I had caught previously, so the second encounter was... Spoink, which I nicknamed Loco. He was promptly benched. After taking on as many trainers as I could in the Jagged Pass, I healed up at Lavaridge Town and traveled all the way to Mauville to switch my Mach Bike to an Acro one so I could travel through the Jagged Pass easily. Next up was training, which was OK, actually, though I almost lost Lera in the Jagged Pass (As she's weak to Numel's Magnitude and Spoink's Psybeam), but everything was OK. After clearing out the gym of trainers, the Jagged Pass and Mt. Chimney of trainers and training everyone to Lv33 (Marino and Rally evolved in the process!), I prepared for Flannery.
    I had been worried about her for a while, but I needn't have been. Numel and Slugma fell to Rally's Magnitude, before Camerupt was OHKOed by Marino's Bubblebeam. Finally, it was Torkoal... But Marino got him to red health with Bubblebeam and Body Slam... didn't do much and (Thankfully) didn't paralyse. From this moment on, I was home and dry. Flannery kept healing until she ran out of Hyper Potions and Marino Bubblebeamed for the win! Phew!

New Additions:

Loco the Spoink

New Evolutions:

Fangs evolved into Golbat

Marino evolved into Tentacruel

Rally evolved into Camerupt

Spoiler:- My Team:

Spoiler:- Benched Pokemon:

Spoiler:- Graveyard:

Spoiler:- My Rules:

Right then, I'll update after Norman, but I'm going to make absolutely sure I'm prepared for it as many a decent Nuzlocker has lost a Pokemon against him. See you then!

By the way, do people count the desert as a separate region to Route 111 or not? I'd like to know people's opinions on this. Thanks!
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 15th February 2014 at 4:51 AM.

I entered the Viridian Forest and walked around the forest path. I found a hidden Antidote by a tree nearby, then I encountered a wild Caterpie in the tall grass. I captured it in a Poke Ball and nicknamed it Mushi, then I headed deeper into the tall grass patches in order to battle against more wild Pokemon. I leveled up my team after training for about 10 minutes, then I battled against the various Bug Catchers around the forest. I had a tough time against their Bug-type Pokemon ironically, but I still managed to fend them off. I exited the Viridian Forest eventually and I headed straight north towards Pewter City. Upon arrival I headed over to the Pokemon Center and healed my three Pokemon and I saved outside.

- Celery Lv. 13
    - Pigeon Lv. 9
    - Mushi Lv. 7

My rules for the challenge:
    - A pokemon is considered dead when it is knocked out in battle.
    - All pokemon MUST be nicknamed
    - Only catch one pokemon per route. Floors of caves and water and fishing do not count apart. These rules only start after I get pokeballs
    - Healing is allowed
    - Starter will be determined by ID. 1-3 = Treecko, 4-5 = Torchic, 6-9 = Mudkip, 0 = Own choice ((Treecko))
    - Dupes and Shiny clause are on
    - Any other rules thought of during play will be written here too

POST NUMBER #4

- Saved the day by getting the Devon Goods back.
    - Went to Dewford Town with help of Peeko and the old man
    - In Dewford Town, my catch was a Tentacool named SQUASH! because it is a, well, jellyfish
    - Went to Granite Cave, where I caught myself a wonderful Makuhita named Sumo Domu, because Sumo Dumo is to easy to pronounce
    - Grinded everybody to level 20, evolving Koen and Hydrastic in the process.
    - Beat Brawly. Started of with Sumo Domu's Fake Out, crit + boost by Silk Scarf secured OHKO. Next was Meditite, which was easily defeaten by my Koen with Pursuit and Bullet Seed. And finally, my Jacque stalled with Gust + Moonlight to secure my victory. Badge gotten!
    - Went to Slateport City.
    - On route 110, I caught a beautiful Elektrike named Zappo. Will definetly be using him.
    - Grinded Zappo to level 15, then saved the game

VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

After visiting the Pewter City Pokemon Center and healing my three Pokemon, I headed out and wandered around the city a bit. I visited houses and the local Poke Mart where I purchased some useful items for later including Poke Balls and Potions. I headed over to the Pewter Museum of Science and paid the entrance fee. I looked around there and then I headed back south to Route 2 in order to do some more training in the tall grass. I worked on training Celery almost exclusively, but I also trained my other Pokemon a bit. I returned to Pewter City after training and I headed into the Pewter City Gym. I used Celery and Pigeon to defeat the only Gym trainer, then I arrived at Brock's location and I saved the game.

- Celery Lv. 15
    - Pigeon Lv. 12
    - Mushi Lv. 8

Alright guys, I've beaten Norman and sadly, I endured my second loss of the challenge, though it wasn't as painful as losing Sarge. So, from last time, I left the gym and picked off the Go-Goggles from May. Before doing much more, I wanted to pick up a few new friends () so I collected the egg in Lavaridge Town for my Lavaridge Town catch and hatched it, naming the Wynaut Winston and promptly benched him. Next, I delivered the Meteorite to Cosmo to collect TM27 - Return. I wasn't sure if the desert counted as separate place to Route 111, so I didn't risk it and instead decided to catch the first Pokemon inside Mirage Tower. It was a 50/50 chance between Sandshrew and Trapinch and... it was a Trapinch - get in! I nicknamed him Tornado, travelled to the top of the tower and picked up the Claw Fossil, which I then revived in Rustboro City for my Rustboro catch. I nicknamed him Strike and benched him. At this stage, I decided to bench Marino for three reasons:

1. I had only really wanted him to deal with Flannery
    2. I have used a Tentacruel in Hoenn before
    3. Its Hoenn, home of the water routes, so its not as I'm not going to pick up another Water Pokemon later.

I thought that I'd use Tornado to replace him, so I taught Tornado Rock Tomb and Dig and proceeded to train him up. For one level. At Lv22, on green health, a Machop secured a critical hit Karate Chop which KOed him! NOO! He was going to be a powerhouse! More annoying was the fact I had essentially wasted two TMs for nothing. I promptly deposited him in the graveyard and I debated who to use next. I initially thought of Draconia, but I already had two Flying Pokemon I really liked, so I put him in the daycare and instead, drawn by his ability, I chose Storm the Anorith who cannot receive critical hits! His moveset initially sucked AND he couldn't learn Rollout AND I no longer had the Rock Tomb TM. However, with Secret Power and Fury Cutter, I trained him up to Lv33 to join the others at my level. I swept the desert using my team, with relative ease and trained everyone up to Lv34.
    I traveled back to Petalburg and cleared the gym out using Fangs, but being extremely wary, having heard of someone dying from a Counter in this gym, but Fangs did well and at Lv35, I got a nice surprise - Fangs evolved to Crobat! Yay! I returned to the desert and trained everyone to Lv35, nearly losing Pecks due to poison and ridiculous accuracy hax, but he survived (Thank God for Antidotes!) I soon returned to Petalburg and stocked up on supplies before taking on Norman!
    I had a strategy for Norman and started with Fangs, using Wing Attack on Spinda. It took down over half its health and he used Teeter Dance. Fangs hurt himself in confusion next turn and suffered a Psybeam, making me nervous, but he snapped out of confusion to finish off Spinda the next turn. I switched to Lera for Vigoroth and used Toxic to start, remembering with horror too late that Vigoroth had Toxic. I immediately switched to my only Pokemon that could resist it - Strike. Using Secret Power and Toxic poison, Strike brought down the Vigoroth in spite of Norman healing him once. Norman's next Pokemon was Slaking, which I had a perfect strategy for. I started off with Protect and just keep alternating between Protect and attacking him (Whilst he was loafing around) This worked to a degree, but one of them paralysed him meaning I couldn't risk him using Facade at all costs. He healed twice as well, once from Sitrus Berry and once from Norman. Thankfully, though, just as my Protects ran out, Strike finished him off with Secret Power! Last up was Linoone, which I was nervous about due to Belly Drum but Peanut secured an OHKO Mach Punch - I had won!

New Additions:
    Winston the Wynaut

Tornado the Trapinch

Strike the Anorith

New Evolutions:

Fangs evolved into Crobat

Guys, I'm just adding a new rule, regarding duplicates. If I catch an evolution of a previously captured Pokemon, I can ignore it and the next Pokemon is considered the first of the route. As with before, this hasn't happened to me yet, but I've just thought of it and want to add it.

Alright guys, I'll probably update after Flannery, which hopefully won't be too long - I'll need an Altaria counter though! I'll hopefully update soon, but I'd just like to say for now:

RIP TORNADO

Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 20th February 2014 at 11:58 PM.

I challenged Gym Leader Brock to a battle at long last and I sent Celery against his Geodude. I attacked it with Vine Whip and that was super effective and defeated Brock's Geodude immediately. Brock then switched to his Onix and I kept Celery in that battle due to its type advantage. I used Vine Whip against Brock's Onix again, but it survived the attack and used Rock Tomb. Celery got damaged but another Vine Whip was enough to beat Brock's Onix once and for all. I received the Boulder Badge and Rock Tomb TM afterwards and I headed out of the Pewter City Gym. I healed my Pokemon at the Pewter City Pokemon Center and obtained the Running Shoes before leaving the city. I then saved the game at Route 3.

- Celery Lv. 17
    - Pigeon Lv. 12
    - Mushi Lv. 8

Alright guys, a new update from me! I have defeated Winona without too much difficulty! From last time, I decided to make some tough decisions. Lera and Rally had served me well, particularly Rally who had helped me overcome the death of Sarge. However, neither would be much use from now on. In fact Lera really wasn't needed due to the presence of Fangs. So, I decided to bench both of them. I also withdrew Marino, mainly because I needed a Surfer, although he wasn't going to be a part of my permanent party. However, I still had one more space in my party. I traveled to Mauville City and talked to Wattson to start the New Mauville side-quest. I entered New Mauville and my first Pokemon was... Magnemite, which I promptly nicknamed Voltaire. After completing the New Mauville side-quest, collecting TM24 - Thunderbolt, and collecting the Sludge Bomb TM in Dewford Town for Fangs, I decided to train up Voltaire. Having learned my lesson from before, I didn't teach him any TMs, as I didn't want to have them wasted from an accidental death. Thankfully, he was trained with the minimum of fuss, evolving at Lv30 and I was ready to head East from Mauville!
    I Surfed across, beat Gabby & Ty and ran into Steven. Next up was my Route 118 catch, which turned out to be an Electrike. Sadly, Strike accidently scored a critical hit, making me miss the catch. There was no catch for Route 123 as there were no grass patches to go into just yet, but I did beat the trainers and score some berries off the Berry Master. Up to Route 119, where my catch was... a Linoone, which I named Fluffy, who was to be boxed at the next oppertunity. Route 119 was easy enough to navigate through and I examined some Secret Bases on my way north. Eventually I arrived at the Weather Institute where I destroyed everyone and picked up the Castform, which I deposited in an "Unusable Box" as it wasn't my first catch on Route 119. I headed East and ran into May. She was pretty easy. Fangs destroyed Lombre with Sludge Bomb, Marshtomp fell to Peanut's Mega Drain and Strike rounded off the victory by using Ancientpower on Slugma. May gave me HM02 - Fly and scarpered, whilst I taught Fly to Pecks.
    After clearing out the rest of the trainers I traveled north to Fortree and healed up. My next task was to head west to Route 120 to collect the Devon Scope. Sadly, I hit some bad luck here. I initially caught an Absol in the grass here, but my game switched off sadly and I had to catch another Pokemon in the grass, this time a Marill, named Freewinder (It was meant to be called Freeminder) who also was promptly benched. I continued onwards and met Steven who showed me the Kecleon using the Devon Scope. Strike easily defeated it and I recieved the Devon Scope off Steven, before traveling back to Fortree and training everyone to Lv39. I cleared out Fortree Gym next with Strike and Voltaire and, at Lv40, Strike evolved! I trained everyone to Lv40 and prepared for the gym, which was pretty easy.
    Fangs took out Swablu and Tropius with Sludge Bomb, before Voltaire eased past Pelipper with Spark, in spite of Pelipper's constant Protects. Altaria was the one I feared, but though Altaria was faster than Strike and pulled off a Dragonbreath that paralyzed him, Strike OHKOed her with Ancientpower. Finally, Voltaire finished a very successful battle by OHKOing Skarmory with Spark!

New Additions:
    Voltaire the Magnemite

Fluffy the Linoone

Freewinder the Marill

New Evolutions:

Voltaire evolved into Magneton

Strike evolved into Armaldo

Right, an update will happen after Tate & Liza are defeated - I'll see you all then!
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 27th February 2014 at 5:23 AM.

I wandered around Route 3 after arriving there and I battled against several trainers along the route. I had to heal my Pokemon in Pewter City again afterwards, then I returned to Route 3 again to battle more trainers. I headed towards some tall grass and caught a wild male Nidoran. I nicknamed it Quill and I continued to battle against wild Pokemon in the tall grass for a few more minutes, then I headed north towards Mt. Moon. I arrived at the Pokemon Center at the base of the mountain and healed my Pokemon inside, then I wandered out to Mt. Moon itself. I caught a wild Geodude when I entered the cave and nicknamed it Rocky and I started battling against some trainers and wild Pokemon as well and I saved.

- Celery Lv. 17
    - Pigeon Lv. 14
    - Mushi Lv. 11
    - Quill Lv. 9
    - Rocky Lv. 8

So I recently got to Viridian City on my FireRed Nuzlocke, and I'm still doing well- I've had no deaths, even if I did retire Lucky the Raticate so as to avoid his death. As a reminder, my rules are:

-If a Pokemon faints, it's dead and must be boxed.
    -I can choose to either skip a Pokemon on a route before or sacrifice a team member if I want to avoid any Pokemon such as Spearow. This rule can only be used once per gym badge.
    -If I find a Pokemon I already have, I can skip it and look for one I don't have.
    -In the rare chance that I find a shiny, I am allowed to capture it and use it on my team. In addition, it will be given an immortal status due to its rarity. In the low chance that I find and catch three shinies in one playthrough, they will only be given two chances.
    -I can catch legendaries, but they must be boxed in a special box for legendaries. Catching legendaries is the only point in the game I am permitted to SR in the case of a blackout, due to the low catch rates of legendaries. However, if a Pokémon dies by the end of the battle and I catch the legendary, any casualties must be instantly boxed.
    -If I don't want to take a chance at attacking or running when a team member is at low HP, I can catch that Pokémon. However, that Pokémon must be boxed among my lost Pokémon and counted as a casualty.

As it has been a while since I last posted, I will start from an easy point. Just a few days back, I got out of Mt Moon with one casualty from my final rule (a Clefairy that would have destroyed my Ratatta, Lucky), and with a few additions to my team: Magnus the Mankey and Retrospect the Zubat. Although I longed to capture my newest Pokémon instantly, I decided to restrain myself until I got to Cerulean City and heal, due to the low HP all four of my current team members had. Thankfully, I got to Cerulean without any problems, and immediately left to Route 4 to capture a new team member. However, this turned out to be short-lived as I found an Ekans- a Pokémon I wasn't keen on using again. Nonetheless, I nicknamed her Vitti and trained her for a few battles before I gave up with her.

My rival, Kyle, was relatively tough with each Pokémon of my team- Pandora the Wartortle, Pit the Pidgeotto, Lucky the Rattata and Magnus the Mankey- each being at level 18. However, I knew where to strategise- until my rival pulled an unexpected move by switching out and unleashing his Bulbasaur on Pandora. Knowing full well the type matchups involved, I sent out Pit in an attempt to take it out and leave it clear for Pandora to sweep again. Big mistake- the Bulbasaur started to spam Sleep Powder and Leech Seed, barely giving Pit any opportunity to strike. He finally took the Bulbasaur out, near death and leaving me shocked that I had nearly lost him again for the second time in the span of a few hours. Finally, when Kyle sent out his Pidgeotto again, I let Pandora finish it off. The rest of his team was a cakewalk, especially with Lucky's Hyper Fang, but I was still shaking at the near loss of Pit.

Finally, healing my Pokémon (and especially Pit) once more, I advanced up Nugget Bridge, more concerned for the capture of my latest team member than the trainers before me. Also, FYI, Pit was having terrible luck that day- he almost fainted again. Lucky, however, was living up superbly to his name, and sweeping my opponents amazingly. However, it was at this point that I decided to retire him- although Lucky had been a faithful companion up to this point, I knew Raticate was substandard in the later game, and I was starting to grow attached to him. Alongside another member I adore, Magnus, if he fainted, I wasn't sure I could tolerate it. I decided to spare him and box him in my 'Retired' box.

Little did I now, I would soon capture the Pokémon to replace him in terms of affection- my new Oddish, Aphrodite. While training, she endured enemy attacks spectacularly well. Perhaps she may become a team member who will carry on to the Elite Four; I do not know. I personally hope she will.

After I completed the Nugget Bridge stuff and saved Bill, I decided to forego the Cerulean Gym for now and head to Vermillion in order to train Aphrodite sufficiently- to the point that she'd at least stand a chance with Absorb. Urgh... I'm not looking forward to it. My plan is to keep Aphrodite as a Gloom until she learns Moonlight and evolve her into a Vileplume so she can still learn Petal Dance. Nonetheless, I caught three team members near Vermillion: Fireball the Meowth, Enigma the Diglett and Lethe the Drowzee (I got lucky with him). Each of the three are level 18 as of now.

Team so far:
    Party:
    Pandora- Was there supposed to be a pun here? (Level 20)
    Magnus (level 20)
    Aphrodite (level 20)
    Fireball (level 18)
    Enigma- *insert joke about Diglett's feet here* (level 18)
    Lethe (level 18)

On Hold
    Pit- That unlucky guy that almost always nearly faints. (In box during Fireball's training) (level 20)
    Retrospect- Given the fact that Golbat will still try to evolve without the National Dex, this will become very irritating... very fast! (in Daycare) (Level 7...ish)

Retired this update:
    Lucky- My mercy got the better of me. (level 5-20)
    Vitti- Would die anyway with just Poison Sting and Wrap (level 12-12. So impressive.)
    Gaol- Gaol? Who was that again? (level 3-5)

Casualties this update:
    Noyla- Caught as a last ditch attempt to save Lucky. As per the rules, I counted her as a casualty.

Total deaths: 1 (Noyla)
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I continued to explore Mt. Moon's interior and I battled some Zubat which were annoying. I had to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center outside again, then I re-entered Mt. Moon and I wandered around some more. I battled more trainers and I climbed down some steps and arrived at a tunnel where I battled a Clefairy. I leveled up my team as much as I could by battling more wild Pokemon in the next big cavern until I ran into some Team Rocket grunts. I battled them and I headed deeper into the cave and picked up items. I then arrived at a spot with two fossils and I battled a guy there over them. After defeating him, I picked up the Dome Fossil and traveled further until I finally exited the cave and arrived at Route 4.

- Celery Lv. 18
    - Pigeon Lv. 16
    - Mushi Lv. 13
    - Quill Lv. 11
    - Rocky Lv. 11

Default The FireRed Nuzlocke Challenge

So after my interest in Pokemon was raised recently due to Twitch Plays Pokemon, I decided I was going to do a couple of Nuzlocke runs on FireRed, Emeralde and Diamond/Pearl with a friend.

I started the FR Nuzlocke a couple of days ago and i've made good progress.

EDIT: Forgot the Rules

Standard Nuzlocke Rules
    Not playing with the Dupe Clause, even if i've caught that pokemon before and its my first encounter i've still got to catch it.
    As a mercy rule, if i black-out, i can use a saving grace on one of the pokemon in the party. The rest are released. The same pokemon cannot have more than one saving grace.

Current team

Charles the Charmeleon
    Level: 20
    Moveset: Scratch, Smokescreen, Ember, Metal Claw.
    Obtained at Level 5.
    Male

As a lifelong fan of Charizard, I decided to choose Charmander as my starter knowing full well i'd need to level it up or catch a monkey to take on the first gym. After grinding in V. Forest, I evolved Charles into Charmeleon so he could take on the Gym, where he helped achieve victory.

Pig-Bird the Pidgeotto
    Level: 19
    Moveset: Tackle, Sand-attack, Gust, Quick-attack
    Caught at level 3
    Female

My first capture, and winner of the stupidest nickname, Pig-Bird is a vital member of my team. She was vital in the 1st gym battle, where her sand-attacks made the Onix blind and unable to land the majority of its attacks. She's also been useful in reliving lower levelled team members during fights.

Rattiana the Rattata
    Level: 17
    Caught at level 3
    Female

Winner of the most unimaginative nickname award, Rattiana was useful earlier in the game, holding her own against adversaries like Brock's Onix. However, recently her use has been somewhat diminished as she is replaced by newer team members.

Winfred the Beedrill
    Level: 15
    Caught at Level 3
    Male

Honestly, I never expected Winfred to get this far. I always thought the weedle would only be useful as a meat shield for the others. But Winfred has fought on and has survived and continues to be a useful pokemon, although his weaknesses are starting to show.

Purplefury the Nidorino
    Caught at Level 7
    Male

One of the most powerful Pokemon in the team, Purplefury has gained a reputation for quickly eliminating his foes. His devastating double-kick has been nicknamed single-kick for its consistency to eliminate weaker pokemon in a single hit. With peck he can fight fighting types while having the resistance Pig-Bird lacks.

Lettuce the Oddish
    Level: 18
    Caught at Level 12
    Female

The newest member to the group. lettuce quickly gained levels beating the rock types of the hikers of route 24. Lettuce is expected to be a vital member of the team in the upcoming battle with misty, where his might absorb and stun spore will come in useful.

In the PC

Damnbat
    Level: 11
    Caught at Level I forgot that stupid Bat
    Female(?)

A Zubat caught at Mt Moon, named after the frustration i felt when i encountered it and not, i don't know, any other pokemon!

The Fallen

Squeakers the Rattata
    Level at Death: 9
    Caught at level 4
    Female

The first and only casualty so far, Squeakers was lost due to recklessness and carelessness. never again. R.I.P Squeakers.
    Last edited by Charizardfan900; 1st March 2014 at 3:10 PM.
    Charizard

Enought Said

I wandered east towards Cerulean City on Route 4 after exiting Mt. Moon's cavern. I arrived there eventually and the first thing I did was visit the local Pokemon Center in order to heal my injured Pokemon there. I headed out afterwards and I visited the Poke Mart south of the Pokemon Center, then some houses around the city. I went back to Route 4 to do some training in the tall grass. I battled wild Pokemon there for about half an hour to level up my team, then I returned to Cerulean City and I visited the Cerulean City Gym after healing my Pokemon. I battled against the couple of Gym trainers there and I used mostly Celery and Mushi against their Water-type Pokemon. I saved the game before battling Misty.

- Celery Lv. 20
    - Pigeon Lv. 17
    - Mushi Lv. 17
    - Quill Lv. 14
    - Rocky Lv. 14

UPDATE 1

Just battled Misty, thinking myself ready. I was wrong… so wrong.

The battle was intense, starting out with lettuce vs Staryu. It should of been easy, with Lettuce's type advantage, but a lucky confusion meant Lettuce was down to under half health when the Staryu fainted. Then it was Starmie's turn to fight. I used Pig-Bird to sand attack it, but a critical water pulse nearly took her out. I switched to Winfred, to buy me some time. Winfred fainted, knocked out by water pulse, but it allowed me to heal up lettuce. Lettuce tried to pull off a poison powder, but was confused by Water pulse. I switched again, sending out Rattiana. Her tail whip was useful, and quick attack did some damage, but she was taken out as well. Next up was Purplefury, who landed peck on Starmie, doing more damage. But Water pulse took him down into red. I then realised the three useful pokemon in this fight (Purplefury, Pig-Bird and Lettuce) Were all badly hurt. I had to sacrifice someone…

I sent out Pig-Bird, who managed to survive the swift attack. This allowed me to fully heal Lettuce. Then Pig-Bird fell to the dreaded Water Pulse. I sent out Lettuce, knowing that if she fell I was doomed. I spammed absorb, not caring about anything else. And in the end, Lettuce's type advantage won over the Starmie. i had won. But i had lost half my team.

The Current Team

Charles the Charmeleon
    Level: 20
    Moveset: Scratch, Smokescreen, Ember, Metal Claw
    Obtained at Level 5
    Male

My starter, and the only pokemon to not partake in the fateful Cerulean Gym battle, Charles is the highest levelled member of the team. I'm expecting him to be very useful against the next two gyms.

Purplefury the Nidorino
    Moveset: Leer, Peck, Poison Sting, Double Kick
    Caught at Level 7
    Male

Purplefury took quite the beating in the Cerulean Gym but managed to survive. No doubt he will be useful again Erica and maybe Lt Surge.

Lettuce the Oddish
    Moveset: Absorb, Sweet Scent, Poisonpowder, Stun Spore.
    Caught at Level 12
    Female

Lettuce the Star-Slayer. Without Lettuce, the Cerulean Gym battle would of been a complete failure. She took down both of Misty's pokemon with her mighty absorb. And only two levels away from evolving, no doubt she will continue to be used in the future.

Damnbat the Zubat
    Level: 11
    Moveset: Leech Life, Astonish, Supersonic
    Caught at Level 8
    Female

Orignally a slot filler in the team, Damnbat is now one of the four surviving pokemon due to the fact she wasn't present at the Gym battle. Now she'll be raised to a similar level as the others and might even evolve into Golbat.

In the PC

The PC is currently empty.

The Fallen

Squeakers the Rattata
    Level at Death: 9
    Moveset at Death: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack
    Caught at Level 4
    Female

The second Rattata and the first casualty of the play through. Lost due to the poisons of Weedles.

Rattiana the Rattata
    Level at Death: 17
    Moveset at Death: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, hyper Fang
    Caught at Level 3
    Female

Rattiana, despite her seeing less and less battles, was a favourite of mine. Maybe it was her comically slow levelling compared to Charles and Pig-Bird or the fact it could of been her and not Squeakers who fell to the poison. But she met her end at the hands of the evil Starmie. But her contribution was noted: Her tail whip brought down the beasts defences. Rattiana, your death was not in vain.

Winfred the Beedrill.
    Level at Death: 15
    Moveset at Death: Poison Sting, Focus Energy, Harden, Fury Attack
    Caught at Level 3
    Male

One of the original four, Winfred had become a token member at the introduction of the more powerful Purplefury and Lettuce. However he died fighting against Misty, and his sacrifice ultimately bought me some time.

Pig-Bird the Pidgeotto
    Level at Death: 19
    Moveset at Death: Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack
    Caught at Level 3
    Female

My second pokemon and one of the most important, I always thought Pig-Bird was going to make it all the way through with us. But that was a fool's hope as Pig-Bird fell to the deadly water pulse of Starmie. But Pig-Bird will not be forgotten. I will make sure my pokemon are always ready to fight the next Gym leader so something like this won't happen again
    Charizard

Enought Said

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast