Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

UPDATE 2

Currently In Vermillion City, training in the local routes to level up new members of the team before going onto the S.S. Anne to face my Rival, named Generic

The Team

Charles the Charmeleon
    Level: 22
    Moveset: Same as last time

Purplefury the Nidorino
    Level: 21

Lettuce the Gloom
    Level: 21

My Oddish finally evolved and continues to be a vital member of the team.

Damnbat the Zubat
    Level: 17
    Moveset: Leech Life, Astonish, Bite

Damnbat is coming along well, but is still the lowest level member of the team but can now hold his own with bite.

Some new members to the gang

Portamus the Pidgeotto
    Level: 19
    Moveset: Same as Pig-Bird
    Caught at Level 15
    Male

The replacement to Pig-Bird, I made a random sound and decided to nickname my new pidgey after that sound.

DJ Digz the Diglett
    Level: 20
    Moveset: Scratch, Growl, Magnitude, Dig
    Caught at Level 18
    Female

Planning to evolve before facing Lt Surge.

Recently Deceased

Lord Meow the Meowth, Level 11
    Charizard

Enought Said

Default Zach's Pokémon LeafGreen Nuzlocke

I started a nuzlocke of Pokémon LeafGreen yesterday.

Rules:
    1. Must nickname all Pokémon.
    2. Only the first Pokémon in each new route or area counts, unless I find a duplicate and/or shiny. In each new route or area, I'll have 5 shots to catch something new. If in each of the 5 tries, I can't find something new, I don't get something from that route or area.
    3. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead and must be stored in the PC.

Part 1: The Boulder Badge
    - I'm Zach and my rival is Matt.
    - Picked a Charmander and I nicknamed him Hokage.
    - Battled Matt and I easily beat his Squirtle with Hokage.
    - After doing some errands for Oak, I was given Poké Balls and was finally able to start catching Pokémon.
    - Route 1: Rattata (Carrot)
    - Route 22: Mankey (Peach)
    - Route 2: Pidgey (Jet)
    - Viridian Forest: Metapod (Monarch) Carrot killed a Caterpie I saw, so I was stuck with this, who only knew Harden...
    - If you watched Marriland's HeartGold Wedlocke, you should recognize Carrot & Peach (they even have the same genders from the Wedlocke).
    - Trained everyone up to LV 8 before fighting Matt.
    - Zach VS Matt
    Monarch VS Pidgey (Monarch is recalled)
    Hokage VS Pidgey (Hokage is recalled)
    Monarch VS Pidgey (Monarch is recalled)
    Hokage VS Pidgey (Hokage wins and is recalled)
    Carrot VS Squirtle (Carrot wins)
    - I was trying to give Monarch some EXP, which is why I sent him out first. Training a Pokémon with just Harden is annoying.
    - Anyways, after beating him, I healed and went through Viridian Forest.
    - As expected, Monarch evolved while in Viridian Forest, so now he can finally start fighting on his own.
    - After exiting Viridian Forest, I did a lot of training. My team was around LV 9/10 and I wanted them up to LV 13 for the gym. Got everyone except Peach up to LV 13 (got her to LV 12) because she'd be used a lot in the gym.
    - I healed and then battled the trainer in the gym. After healing again, I took on Brock.
    - Zach VS Brock
    Hokage VS Geodude (Hokage wins and is recalled)
    Peach VS Onix (Peach wins)
    - Healed and saved at the Pokémon Center.

My Team
    Hokage/Charmander- LV 13
    Ember, Metal Claw, Scratch & Growl

Carrot/Rattata- LV 13
    Hyper Fang, Quick Attack, Tackle & Tail Whip

Peach/Mankey- LV 13
    Low Kick, Karate Chop, Scratch & Leer

Jet/Pidgey- LV 13
    Gust, Quick Attack, Tackle & Sand-Attack

Monarch/Butterfree- LV 13
    Confusion, PoisonPowder & Harden

PC
    None

Dead
    None

Playtime: 3:31
    Last edited by Torpoleon; 2nd March 2014 at 2:52 PM.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I challenged Gym Leader Misty at the Cerulean City Gym and I used Celery against her Staryu first. I attacked it with Vine Whip which was naturally super effective and enough to defeat the Staryu. I switched over to Pigeon in order to battle Misty's Starmie next. I mostly used it to weaken Starmie slowly but then I switched back to Celery since Misty's Starmie almost knocked it out. I defeated the Starmie with another of Celery's Vine Whip attacks and I won the battle. I obtained the Cascade Badge along with the Water Pulse TM from Misty and I exited the Cerulean City Gym. I headed out to the Pokemon Center to heal my injured Pokemon and then I went back to Route 4 in order to level up my weaker Pokemon.

- Celery Lv. 21
    - Pigeon Lv. 18
    - Mushi Lv. 17
    - Quill Lv. 16
    - Rocky Lv. 16

UPDATE 3

Just beaten Rival Generic at the Pokemon Tower, only losing one pokemon.

Before that I had to face Lt Surge, who was destroyed by my Diglett.

The Current team

Charles th Charmeleon
    Level: 27
    Moveset: Brick Break, Scary Face, Ember, Metal Claw

Charles is still going strong. Planning to replace Metal Claw with Wing Attack or Slash when he eventually evolves.

Purplefury the Nidoking
    Level: 26
    Moveset: Horn Attack, Shock Wave, Thrash, Double Kick

The tank of the team, Purplefury can take nearly any attack thrown at him. Double kick allows him to defeat rock types and shock wave to protect him from flying and water types.

Portamus the Pidgeotto
    Level: 25
    Moveset: Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

Currently the only flying type left on the team, Portamus is currently the lowest levelled member of the team but is still a valuable asset. I regret the stupid nickname.

Lettuce the Gloom
    Level: 30
    Moveset: Acid, Bullet Seed, Poisonpowder, Stun Spore

Lettuce is the Star-Slayer, Champion of Rock Tunnel and Conqueror of the Wartortle. She's currently the highest level in the team and can deliver a powerful punch despite her mediocre moves. Plannung to evolve at level 35.

DJ Digz
    Level: 27
    Moveset: Cut, Aerial Ace, Magnitude, Dig

Now a Dugtrio, DJ Digz wiped the entire electric gym single handedly and took on the Rival's Growlithe and won.

Recently defeated

Two Zubats: Damnbat (who i had just started to like.) and Goddamnbat (who was expendable anyway). levels 19 and 15 respectively
    Charizard

Enought Said

I returned to Cerulean City after training my Pokemon at Route 4 and I headed north towards Route 24 next but I was stopped by my rival who showed up before I could leave the city. I battled him and I used Rocky to defeat his Pidgeotto. I then used Celery against his Abra and Rattata and Pigeon against his Chamander. I won the battle easily and I healed my Pokemon again just in case before arriving at Route 24. I battled trainers on the bridge there and I soon arrived at the very end and received a Nugget. I battled against the Team Rocket grunt in disguise and then I headed into the tall grass and caught a wild Abra that appeared. I nicknamed it Casey and I trained some more in the tall grass and saved.

- Celery Lv. 22
    - Pigeon Lv. 18
    - Mushi Lv. 18
    - Quill Lv. 16
    - Rocky Lv. 17
    - Casey Lv. 13

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I returned to Cerulean City after training my Pokemon at Route 4 and I headed north towards Route 24 next but I was stopped by my rival who showed up before I could leave the city. I battled him and I used Rocky to defeat his Pidgeotto. I then used Celery against his Abra and Rattata and Pigeon against his Chamander. I won the battle easily and I healed my Pokemon again just in case before arriving at Route 24. I battled trainers on the bridge there and I soon arrived at the very end and received a Nugget. I battled against the Team Rocket grunt in disguise and then I headed into the tall grass and caught a wild Abra that appeared. I nicknamed it Casey and I trained some more in the tall grass and saved.

- Celery Lv. 22
    - Pigeon Lv. 18
    - Mushi Lv. 18
    - Quill Lv. 16
    - Rocky Lv. 17
    - Casey Lv. 13
    You were lucky to catch an abra and good job on misty. seems to have gone a lot better than my fight with her
    Charizard

Enought Said

After grinding in the tall grass near the bridge on Route 24, I headed east and I battled some more trainers in that area. I walked all the way until I arrived at the coast and I visited the Sea Cottage and spoke to Bill inside. I helped him with his experiment and then I received the S.S. Ticket key item that would allow me to board the S.S. Anne in Vermilion City. I wandered south towards Cerulean City once again after taking care of stuff and I healed my Pokemon before heading out of the city. I passed through the local house that had been robbed by Team Rocket and I battled a Team Rocket grunt outside. I beat him and got the Dig TM, then I passed through Route 5 and I caught a Meowth that I nicknamed Kat.

- Celery Lv. 22
    - Pigeon Lv. 19
    - Mushi Lv. 18
    - Quill Lv. 17
    - Rocky Lv. 17
    - Casey Lv. 15

UPDATE 4

So I've beaten Erica and Giovanni in Celadon City, cleared Pokemon tower andaccidently fainted the snorlax on route 12. I'm currently in the middle of route 13

The Giovanni fight went smoothly. Purplefury took on Onix and Kangaskhan and Steevee took out Rhyhorn.

Erica, despite my type advantages, was a little tougher. Her Victreebel paralysed both Charles and Purplefury before falling to Portamus. I healed Charles, who proceeded to one shot tangelo and take out vileplume.

The Current Team

Charles the Charizard
    Level: 36
    Moveset: Brick Break, Wing Attack, Flamethrower, metal Claw

Purplefury the Nidoking
    Level: 32
    Moveset: Horn Attack, Shock Wave, Thrash, Double Kick

DJ Digz the Dugtrio
    Level: 29

Portamus the Pidgeotto
    Level: 30
    Moveset: Tackle, Sand-Attack, Wing Attack, Quick Attack

Lettuce the Gloom
    Level: 31
    Moveset: Acid, Giga Drain, Poisonpowder, Stun Spore

Steevee the Vaporeon
    Level: 31
    Moveset: Water Pulse, Sand-Attack, Bite, Quick Attack.

In the Box

Ser Pounce the Meowth

Ditzy the Ditto
    Charizard

Enought Said

Finally back with another part! A lot has happened.

Part 2: The Cascade Badge
    - After beating Brock, I got the Running Shoes and continued eastward, battling all the trainers along the way.
    - Route 3: Spearow (Fear)
    - Mt. Moon: Geodude (Rocky)
    - While in Mt. Moon, Hokage evolved into Charmeleon.
    - Battled all the trainers in Mt. Moon and I chose the legendary Helix Fossil at the end. It helped Twitch Plays Pokémon, so hopefully it will guide me.
    - Route 4: Sandshrew (Kazekage)
    - Zach VS Matt
    Jet VS Pidgeotto (Jet is recalled)
    Hokage VS Pidgeotto (Hokage wins and is recalled)
    Monarch VS Squirtle (Monarch wins and is recalled)
    Jet VS Abra (Jet wins and is recalled)
    Peach VS Rattata (Peach wins)
    - After that, I battled the trainers on Nugget Bridge and Jet evolved.
    - Route 24: Abra (Psydekick)
    - Route 25: Bellsprout (Pear)
    - Added Bellsprout to my team and after many close calls with the other trainers (at one point, she had 2 HP left and at another she only beat a Slowpoke because it used Growl on the second turn as opposed to Confusion), I made it to Bill.
    - After talking to him, I decided to train. My team was at LV 17/18 and I wanted them at LV 20 for the gym.
    - Beat the Team Rocket Grunt that has Dig.
    - No encounter for Route 5 because after 5 tries, there was nothing new (after those, I started to see lots of Meowth, which was unfortunate).
    - Also, I put Kazekage in the Day Care. I plan to use him, Rocky and possibly the inevitable Diglett from Diglett's Cave in the 3rd Gym.
    - While training, Carrot evolved.
    - Soon enough, my team was ready for the gym.
    - Zach VS Misty
    Pear VS Staryu (Pear wins and is recalled)
    Jet VS Starmie (Jet is recalled) JET ONLY HAD 1 HP LEFT!!!!
    Pear VS Starmie (PEAR DIED!!!!!)
    Monarch VS Starmie (Monarch is recalled)
    Carrot VS Starmie (Carrot DEMOLISHES Starmie)
    - Awkwardly enough, Pear still evolved after the match, but it still wasn't enough to save her.
    - I put Pear in the RIP Box (or the Graveyard) and after healing, I saved at the Pokémon Center. Poor Pear!

Final Words To Pear: Pear, I'm sorry this is the way it had to happen. Just when you looked like you were going to shine, that stupid Starmie killed you. I thought you could have survived Water Pulse. You could have helped against many Water Types, but I guess this is the way it was meant to be. May you meet up with Pear the Victreebel from Marriland's Wedlocke, the one you were named after. Rest in Peace, Pear the Weepinbell.

My Team
    Hokage/Charmeleon- LV 20
    Ember, Metal Claw, Scratch & Mega Punch

Carrot/Raticate- LV 20
    Hyper Fang, Quick Attack, Tackle & Tail Whip

Peach/Mankey- LV 20
    Karate Chop, Low Kick, Scratch & Mega Kick

Jet/Pidgeotto- LV 21
    Quick Attack, Gust, Thief & Tackle

Monarch/Butterfree- LV 20
    Confusion, PoisonPowder, Stun Spore & Sleep Powder

PC

Fear, Rocky & Psydekick

Day Care

Kazekage

Dead

Pear- Killed by Misty's Starmie

Playtime: 6:42
    Last edited by Torpoleon; 8th March 2014 at 2:48 AM.

White 2:

I visited the Pokemon Day Care on Route 5 and I withdrew Kat from my PC and left her there to level up while I continued traveling. I headed towards the gatehouse that led into Saffron City, but the guard there was stubborn and wouldn't let me through. I had to use the Underground Path instead and go underneath the city. I arrived at Route 6 after using that tunnel and I battled some wild Pokemon and trainers in the area. I headed further south until I arrived at my destination: Vermilion City. I visited the local Pokemon Center and then I went next door and I obtained an Old Rod. I headed out and visited the Pokemon Fan Club afterwards and I obtained the Bike Voucher from the Chairman there and saved.

- Celery Lv. 23
    - Pigeon Lv. 20
    - Mushi Lv. 18
    - Quill Lv. 18
    - Rocky Lv. 17
    - Casey Lv. 15

UPDATE 5

Currently fighting my way through Sabrina's gym, having recently battled Koga, Generic and Giovanni in that order.

Koga was quite tough. I started out with Steevee, but when he was poisoned I switched to Snore. On the turn of that switch, Koffing used self-destruct and Snore barely survived, taking him out for the rest of the fight. Next up DJ Digz took on Muk and won. Then Charles took out the last two pokemon, but not before being badly hurt and being poisoned.

Generic was easy, as always. his team fell very quickly. Giovanni was a tougher nut to crack. Nidorino was taken out by Steevee. So was Nidoqueen, but first her attacks took Steevee down to 9 HP. That made me switch to Lettuce for Rhyhorn, who won easily. Then I was a showdown between Kangaskhan and Snore. The two fought epicly, but in the end Snore came out in top.

Current Team

Charles the Charizard
    Level: 41
    Moveset: Brick Break, Wing Attack, Flamethrower, Metal Claw

Steevee the Vaporeon
    Level: 40
    Moveset: Water Pulse, Surf, Bite, Aurora Beam

Lettuce the Vileplume
    Level: 37
    Moveset: Acid, Giga Drain, Poisonpowder, Moonlight.

DJ Digz the Dugtrio
    Level: 38

Snore the Snorlax
    Level: 39
    Moveset: Body Slam, Yawn, Rest, Snore

Purplefury the Nidoking
    Level: 37
    Moveset: Strength, Shock Wave, Thrash, Double Kick

In the Box

Several Pokemon, but I have three main back ups
    Soar the Fearow
    Mike Tyson the Hitmonchan
    Rascal the Lapras
    All of them Level 25

Recently Deceased

Portamus the Pidgeotto, level 30
    Charizard

Enought Said

Alrighty guys, thankfully I have defeated Tate & Liza and I'm rapidly approaching the end of the game! :'( So, from last time, I withdrew Freewinder as a Surf Slave from the PC and headed east to Route 120. Having already caught Freewinder from this route, I couldn't catch another Pokemon. Peanut and Fangs comfortably took out Gabby & Ty before I eased south to that horrendous trainer with the Manectric that knows Thunder. Thankfully, Peanut managed to take him out with Sky Uppercut. I meandered south down Route 120, defeating all the trainers. On Route 121, I prepared for the inevitable Shuppet catch and found... an Oddish?! I was happy enough as I had a back up for Peanut () and managed to catch her, naming her Violet and putting her on the bench for now. Onwards I traveled and entered the Safari Zone before remembering that you need a Pokeblock Case. Undeterred, I pushed on to Lilycove City and healed up, before entering the Contest Hall and picking up a Pokeblock Case from the lady at the counter.
    I returned to the Safari Zone to make my capture there. I didn't really have a Pokemon in mind, but, as I had the Acro Bike, I decided to go far north. Here I caught a Natu, named Nitter, which I'd be more interested in if I didn't already have two Flying Pokemon. I benched him and left the Safari Zone. My next stop? Mt. Pyre. I didn't initially catch any Pokemon on Route 122, as they were all Tentacool, which I had caught before. Entering Mt. Pyre, my first Pokemon was unsurprisingly a Shuppet, which I nicknamed Rapture. Rapture, I soon decided would be my back-up for a Phoebe killer. Mt. Pyre was easy enough to traverse and I confronted Team Aqua at the top before collecting TM30 - Shadow Ball inside and teaching it to Fangs.
    On my way out I used the Good Rod on Route 122 and got a... Magikarp. :/ I caught it anyway calling it Godkarp. I moved south to Route 123 (Which I did a few times to collect all the items) - there was no catch as I had caught all Pokemon found on the route, bar Kecleon and I didn't fancy waiting for a Pokemon that has a 1% chance of appearing. Incidently, do any of you realise that there are quite a few tough trainers on Route 123? I nearly lost a Pokemon a few times, including once when Fangs nearly died. Thankfully, I survived and returned to the Berry Master and his wife.
    Having gone full circle, I decided to a few things before advancing the storyline. Firstly, I flew to Lilycove and took out May. Sadly, I don't remember much, but Fangs did most of the work, I remember. May scarpered and I flew to Rustboro to make my Route 115 catch. I Surfed northwards (All Water encounters were thankfully Tentacool!) and after defeating all trainers, I found a... Jigglypuff, nicknamed Pinky, who went straight to the bench.
    Now to advance the storyline! I traveled to Team Magma's base on the Jagged Pass and comfortably eased my way through. Strike eased to victory v Maxie using the newly-acquired Strength mainly. I flew to Slateport for the Submarine Cutscene and then headed back to Lilycove to finish the Team Aqua hideout. Everything went fine and I picked up the Master Ball before healing up in Lilycove and traveling through Route 124. No catch was made as all the Pokemon on the Surf part of the route I'd caught before (But I may catch another one later) and Lilycove was soon reached. I healed up and cleared out the gym trainers before heading north to Shoal Cave to make my next catch.
    First Pokemon out was obviously Spheal and I promptly caught it using Voltaire and nicknamed her Sub-Zero. I needed a Water Pokemon in my party, so I trained up Sub-Zero and, after a lot of work, she evolved twice and I was ready for Tate & Liza.
    My strategy was an obvious one - Spam Surf! I sent out Sub-Zero and Strike to start. Sub-Zero used Surf and Strike used Ancientpower on Xatu, which was enough to take it down. The twins replaced it with Lunatone and I continued to spam Surf with Sub-Zero. Meanwhile, I used Metal Claw with Strike on Lunatone. Surf took down Claydol (And was replaced by Solrock obviously) but Metal Claw missed! Lunatone healed with a berry and Sub-Zero's Surf hurt both Lunatone and Solrock, but this time Strike's Metal Claw finished off Lunatone. Solrock sadly used Sunny Day, making my life more difficult, and Surf was used next turn, but Metal Claw missed again! Luckily, though a Sitrus Berry healed Solrock, Surf and a hitting Metal Claw finally finished off the Twins for good - Phew!

New Additions:
    Violet the Oddish

Nitter the Natu

Rapture the Shuppet

Godkarp the Magikarp

Pinky the Jigglypuff

Sub-Zero the Spheal

New Evolutions:
    Sub-Zero evolved into Sealeo

Sub-Zero evolved into Walrein

Spoiler:- My Team:

Spoiler:- Benched Pokemon:

Spoiler:- Graveyard:

Spoiler:- My Rules:

OK Guys, I should update after Juan - I am going through fast! I'm pretty happy with my atm, will probably only make one possible change and I'm not even sure I will make this change. See you all soon!
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 4th March 2014 at 1:14 AM.
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

I shopped for items at the Poke Mart in Vermilion City and then I headed over to the houses and I spoke to characters there. I headed over to the harbor after visiting all the locations that were currently accessible to me and I showed my S.S. Ticket to the sailor at the port and I arrived at the dock where the S.S. Anne was. I entered some cabins and I battled the trainers there and I collected a few items. I went to the galley afterwards and found some berries in the trash cans, then I went to the deck of the ship and I battled a couple of Sailors there. I headed back to the interior of the ship and I battled some more Sailors down below the deck. I then made my way towards the captain's room but met my rival.

- Celery Lv. 24
    - Pigeon Lv. 21
    - Mushi Lv. 19
    - Quill Lv. 19
    - Rocky Lv. 18
    - Casey Lv. 17

UPDATE 6

7 gyms down, currently levelling up newest team member. I probably haven't fully registered the loss yet.

It was all going so well. My team was in the high-thirties and low-forties. We were unstoppable. Sabrina started out with Kadabra and Mr Mime, but both were beaten by Steevee's bite attacks. After that, Venemoth was taken down by Charles. Alakazam was all that was left. I sent out Steevee. She used calm mind, i used bite, she used calm mind and i used bite. And then she used psychic and Steevee fainted. I sent out Snore, who endured the attack and finished off Alakazam. But Steevee was gone

I released Steevee and replaced him with Rascal the Lapras, levelling her up to face Blaine. She wiped his team, but not without difficulties. Then we went to the sevii islands. We gaced off against the bikers. One after the other was defeated, but the last one used a Weezing against Purplefury…

…and it used Self-Destruct. I watched as Purplefury was knocked out. I was forced to release him, the pokemon i'd had from near the very beginning. After tyring out a Raticate and Persian, i decided on Mike Tyson the Hitmonchan to replace him. He'll need to have some levelling

The Current Team

Charles the Charizard
    Level: 42
    Moveset: Same as Last time

Lettuce the Vileplume

DJ Digz the Dugtrio

Snore the Snorlax

Rascal the Lapras
    Level: 39
    Moveset: Ice Beam, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Surf

Mike Tyson the Hitmonchan
    Level: 26
    Moveset: Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Mach Punch

Box Back-ups

Cat Pun the Persian Level 37

Ratzy the Raticate Level 36

Recent Losses

Purplefury the Nidoking
    Moveset: Strength, Shock Wave, Thrash, Double Kick (the move he started with and the one he ended with)

Steevee the Vaporeon
    Moveset: Water Pulse, Surf, Bite, Aurora Beam
    Charizard

Enought Said

I battled against my rival on my way to the captain's room at the S.S. Anne and I used Rocky's Rock Throw against his Pidgeotto. After winning that match, I switched to Mushi and I beat my rival's Kadabra. I used Celery's Vine Whip to beat his Raticate, then Rocky's Magnitude to beat his Charmeleon. I headed into the captain's room after that battle and I rubbed his back since he was seasick. I got the Cut HM from him afterwards and I explored the ship once more before departing. I headed out to heal my Pokemon at the Vermilion City Pokemon Center, then I went east to Route 11 to battle against the trainers and wild Pokemon there. I spent a good 30 minutes training my team there before returning to Vermilion.

- Celery Lv. 25
    - Pigeon Lv. 23
    - Mushi Lv. 21
    - Quill Lv. 20
    - Rocky Lv. 20
    - Casey Lv. 19

Part 3: The Thunder Badge
    - After beating Misty, at the cost of an unfortunate soul, I put Kazekage on my team and put Rocky in the Day Care before counting south of Cerulean City.
    - Route 6: Meowth (Nyan Cat)
    - At Vermilion City, I received the Bike Voucher, but I didn't head back to Cerulean yet. I also got the Vs. Seeker.
    - Diglett's Cave: Diglett (Doug) Took off Jet in favor of Doug for the upcoming gym battle.
    - Got Flash and some other items on Route 2 from the other exit at Diglett's Cave.
    - Route 11: Drowzee (Hypster)
    - I battled all the trainers on Route 11 before healing and heading to the S.S. Anne.
    - Battled all the trainers on the S.S. Anne and before long battled my rival.
    - Zach VS Matt
    Carrot VS Pidgeotto (Carrot wins and is recalled)
    Peach VS Raticate (Peach wins and is recalled)
    Hokage VS Kadabra (Hokage wins and is recalled)
    Peach VS Wartortle (Peach wins)
    - Also, I believe Kazekage evolved while I was in the S.S. Anne.
    - Got HM01 Cut from the captain and then I left the S.S. Anne.
    - I put Rocky on my team and took off Monarch for the same reason with Doug. I put Psydekick in the Day Care. I also got the bike with the Bike Voucher.
    - Using the awesome Vs. Seeker, I trained my team of Hokage, Carrot, Peach, Rocky, Kazekage & Doug to LV 25. Rocky evolved during the training (unfortunately he wont ever fully evolve).
    - Took on the gym trainers, in which Doug evolved.
    - Zach VS Lt. Surge
    Kazekage VS Voltorb (Kazekage wins and is recalled)
    Rocky VS Pikachu (Rocky wins and is recalled)
    Doug VS Raichu (Doug wins)
    - After the easy gym match (especially compared to the last one, which could have gone a lot worse), I went back to Cerulean City and deposited Kazekage, Rocky & Doug. They did great in the gym and I wouldn't be surprised if they were used in future fights like against Koga & Blaine, but for now I wont need them.
    - I brought back Jet & Monarch and also put Psydekick on my team. I deposited Hypster in the Day Care (so I have something to fall back on if Psydekick dies).
    - Psydekick was at LV 17, so I raised him one more level so he evolved. I missed Confusion and unfortunately he wont be able to become an Alakazam.
    - Healed and saved at the Vermilion Pokémon Center.

My Team
    Hokage/Charmeleon- LV 25
    Ember, Metal Claw, Scratch & Mega Punch

Carrot/Raticate- LV 25
    Hyper Fang, Quick Attack, Tackle & Cut

Peach/Mankey- LV 25
    Karate Chop, Low Kick, Scratch & Mega Kick

Jet/Pidgeotto- LV 21
    Quick Attack, Gust, Thief & Tackle

Monarch/Butterfree- LV 22
    Confusion, PoisonPowder, Stun Spore & Sleep Powder

Psydekick/Kadabra- LV 18
    Shock Wave, Disable & Teleport

PC

Fear, Rocky, Kazekage, Nyan Cat & Doug

Day Care

Hypster

Dead

Playtime: 9:47
    Last edited by Torpoleon; 8th March 2014 at 2:49 AM.

White 2:

I healed my Pokemon in Vermilion City, then I headed south towards the coast and I used Cut to cut down a tree in front of the Vermilion City Gym. I wandered inside and I started battling against the Gym trainers there. I defeated them, but the hardest part was finding the hidden switches inside of the trash cans that would unlock the Gym Leader Lt. Surge's location. I finally solved the puzzle and challenged him. I used Rocky against his Voltorb and Pikachu and I defeated them both with Magnitude which was super effective against them. I then switched to Celery and I battled Lt. Surge's Raichu with it. I managed to weaken it, then I switched to Quill to deliver the finishing blow. I got the Thunder Badge and saved.

- Celery Lv. 25
    - Pigeon Lv. 23
    - Mushi Lv. 21
    - Quill Lv. 22
    - Rocky Lv. 22
    - Casey Lv. 20

Part 4: The Rainbow Badge
    - Went back to Cerulean City and then I began to head east towards Rock Tunnel.
    - No new encounter on Route 9 or 10.
    - Rock Tunnel: Machop (Hercule)
    - When I made it to Lavender Town, I entered the Pokémon Tower and faced my rival.
    - Zach VS Matt
    Carrot VS Pidgeotto (Carrot wins)
    Carrot VS Growlithe (Carrot is recalled)
    Jet VS Growlithe (Jet wins)
    Jet VS Exeggcute (Jet is recalled)
    Carrot VS Exeggcute (Jet is recalled)
    Hokage VS Exeggcute (Hokage wins and is recalled)
    Carrot VS Wartortle (Carrot wins and is recalled)
    Jet VS Kadabra (Jet wins)
    - Continued through Pokémon Tower, battling all the trainers. I forgot about the Silph Scope, so I left when I came to the end and continued west to Celadon City.
    - Route 8: Vulpix (Kurama)
    - DISASTER! While battling a scientist with a Grimer, Peach was hit with Sludge and then fainted due to poison! Heartbroken over this, I brought Kazekage on my team and very easily brought him up to speed with the rest.
    - No encounter on Route 7.
    - Celadon City: Eevee (Raikage)
    - Went west to get Fly. I had a tough battle against a couple with Ninetales & Rapidash, but I managed to win with no casualties. Fly in hand, I went back to Cerulean City.
    - At Cerulean City, I took Hypster out from the Day Care (who was only at around LV 17). I put Raikage in. Hoping to bring him up to LV 29 and then raising him to LV 30 for Bite and then evolving him. Who I evolve him into will likely be revealed in the next part (but you could tell by the name, possibly).
    - Back at Celadon City, I got the Coin Case. It'll take forever to get Thunderbolt, but I would like to get it one day.
    - I went through the Rocket Hideout and easily the most scariest moment of this Nuzlocke thus far happened. I sent out Carrot to battle a Koffing. After I dealt some damage, IT USED SELF-DESTRUCT! I was freaking out, but Carrot actually survived with 1 HP! After that close call, I battled Giovanni.
    - Zach VS Giovanni
    Monarch VS Onix (Monarch recalled)
    Psydekick VS Onix (Psydekick (wins and is recalled)
    Monarch VS Kangaskhan (Monarch is recalled)
    Kazekage VS Kangaskhan (Kazekage wins)
    Kazekage VS Rhyhorn (Kazekage wins)
    - After that, I went back to the Pokémon Tower and battled all the grunts there. I also got the PokéFlute from Mr. Fuji.
    - Pokémon Tower: Gastly (Ghoul)
    - I finally decided to head back to the gym after this. I didn't even need to do any extra training and soon battled Erika.
    - Zach VS Erika
    Psydekick VS Victreebel (Psydekick wins and is recalled)
    Monarch VS Tangela (Monarch wins)
    Monarch VS Vileplume (Monarch wins)
    - Healed and saved at the Celadon Pokémon Center.

Final Words to Peach: Your death came as a shock to me. You were only a couple of levels away from evolving and I was looking forward to seeing you in much more battles. I'm sorry it had to end this way and I know Carrot is devastated. Rest in Peace, Peach the Mankey.

My Team
    Hokage/Charmeleon- LV 30
    Ember, Metal Claw, Brick Break & Mega Punch

Carrot/Raticate- LV 30
    Hyper Fang, Quick Attack, Pursuit & Cut

Jet/Pidgeotto- LV 30
    Fly, Wing Attack, Thief & Quick Attack

Monarch/Butterfree- LV 30
    Confusion, Gust, PoisonPowder & Sleep Powder

Kazekage/Sandslash- LV 29
    Dig, Slash, Brick Break & Sand-Attack

Psydekick/Kadabra- LV 29
    Psybeam, Shock Wave, Recover & Flash

PC

Fear, Rocky, Hypster, Nyan Cat, Doug, Hercule, Kurama & Ghoul

Day Care

Raikage

Dead

Peach- Killed by a super nerd's Koffing

Playtime: 13:39

White 2:

I exited the Vermilion City Gym after earning my third Gym badge there and I headed over to the Vermilion City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I wandered out again afterwards and I headed over to the Poke Mart to stock up on items again, then I wandered over to Route 11 in order to train my Pokemon some more. After beating trainers and wild Pokemon there, I went back to Vermilion City and north to Route 6. I walked through the Underground Path and I arrived in Route 5 next. I returned to Cerulean City and I headed east to Route 9 and I cut down the tree there and I battled some trainers along the mountainous road there. I leveled up my team some more from those battles and I soon saved the game.

- Celery Lv. 26
    - Pigeon Lv. 24
    - Mushi Lv. 23
    - Quill Lv. 23
    - Rocky Lv. 23
    - Casey Lv. 22

UPDATE 7

I've beaten Giovanni and Generic. All thats left is victory road, the elite four and the champion… then i'm done

Theres no room for recklessness now. I need to grind more than ever before. I will win, despite all the losses i've faced. I'll win or die trying.

Giovanni was relatively easy, with no losses. Generic was tougher, but still no losses. I lost DJ Digz to a random trainer in the 8th gym.

Current team

Charles the Charizard
    Level: 44
    Moveset: Brick Break, Wing Attack, Steel Wing

Mike Tyson the Hitmonchan,
    Moveset: Fire Punch, Strength, Thunder Punch, Sky Uppercut

Rascal the Lapras
    Level: 42
    Moveset: Ice Beam, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Surf

Lettuce the Vileplume
    Moveset: Acid, Giga Drain, Poisonpowder, Moonlight.

Snore the Snorlax
    Moveset: Body Slam, Yawn, Rest, Snore

Cat Pun the Persian
    Level: 38
    Moveset: Bite, Pay Day, Faint Attack, Screech

Box Back Ups

Ratzu the Raticate
    Donald the Psyduck

Recently Deceased

DJ Digz the Dugtrio
    Charizard

Enought Said

After battling my way around the rugged terrain on Route 9, I headed south after reaching a river that led to the Power Plant. I arrived at the Pokemon Center at the foot of Rock Tunnel and I healed my Pokemon inside there. I wandered back outside after that visit and I entered Rock Tunnel since it would lead me to Lavender Town. I walked along in the semi-darkness and I battled some wild Pokemon for experience. I encountered some trainers as I headed deeper into the cave and I leveled up my Pokemon from those battles. After picking up some items and spending some time level grinding, I exited the tedious cave and I arrived north of Lavender Town. I battled a few more trainers and saved in the city.

- Celery Lv. 27
    - Pigeon Lv. 25
    - Mushi Lv. 24
    - Quill Lv. 24
    - Rocky Lv. 24
    - Casey Lv. 24

It's over…

As I continued to grind, i lost Mike Tyson, Cat Pun, Donald, Rhyan and Lettuce while training.

Lettuce pushed me over the edge. i had no decent pokemon left except for Rascal, Snore and Charles.

SO I went for it. Loreiel was tough, with me having three pomeon. But in the end we won.

But then came Bruno… Onix fell to Rascal and Hitmonchan to Charles. And then came Machamp

First came out Rascal, who took him down to one-third of health before fainting. Then Charles too him down to red before getting taken down by rock tomb. Snore was one shotted and all my weaker pokemon fell soon after. I lost. I've been defeated.

Final Team

Charles the Charizard
    Level: 50
    Moveset: Brick Break, Wing Attack, Overheat, Hyperbeam

Rascal the Lapras
    Level: 49
    Moveset: Ice Beam, Body Slam, Psychic, Surf

Snore the Snorlax
    Level: 46
    Moveset: Body Slam, Yawn, Rest, Earthquake.

Soar the Fearow
    Level: 25
    Moveset: Peck, Fly, Leer, Fury Attack.

Ratzy the Raticate
    Moveset: Strength, Hyper Fang, Scary Face, Pursuit

Golria the Goldeen
    Level: 24
    Moveset: Water Sport, Supersonic, Horn Attack, Flail
    Charizard

Enought Said

After entering Lavender Town and healing my Pokemon, I visited Mr. Fuji's house and I spoke to a little girl inside. I headed out and visited the Poke Mart to stock up on items as well before heading over to the Pokemon Tower. Since I couldn't identity the ghosts there yet, I headed back outside and I wandered west to Route 8. I battled several trainers as I moved around the area and I soon arrived at the gatehouse that led into Saffron City, but I couldn't pass through there yet so I headed over to the Underground Path and I went through it until I arrived at Route 7. I battled a few wild Pokemon, then I arrived in Celadon City. I visited the Department Store upon arrival and I purchased some items. I then saved outside.

- Celery Lv. 28
    - Pigeon Lv. 26
    - Mushi Lv. 24
    - Quill Lv. 25
    - Rocky Lv. 25
    - Casey Lv. 24

I've decided to start a Nuzlocke Challenge, I'll be going through all the Generations from Gen I-VI. So going through all them will take some time I'm starting off with Leaf Green then move on to Heart Gold and then Platinum and so on. If I lose then I'll move on to the next game. I'll mainly be following vanilla Nuzlocke with a few add on's like the Game Corner, and Safari Zone.

Rules
    -If a Pokemon faints it's considered dead
    -Can only catch the first Pokemon in each new area
    -Must give a nickname to all Pokemon
    -Game Corner Pokemon don't count.
    -In the Safari Zone I can only catch one Pokemon per area but no duplicates.

Extras
    -The basic rules will not be enfored until I've received my Pokeballs.
    -My starter is chosen by the last digit in my Trainer ID 1-3 is Bulbasaur, 4-6 Charmander, 7-9 Squirtle, 0 I choose.
    -My nickname theme will be Star Constellations.

Spoiler:- Part 1:

Spoiler:- Team:
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    I've decided to start a Nuzlocke Challenge, I'll be going through all the Generations from Gen I-VI. So going through all them will take some time I'm starting off with Leaf Green then move on to Heart Gold and then Platinum and so on. If I lose then I'll move on to the next game. I'll mainly be following vanilla Nuzlocke with a few add on's like the Game Corner, and Safari Zone.

Rules
    -If a Pokemon faints it's considered dead
    -Can only catch the first Pokemon in each new area
    -Must give a nickname to all Pokemon
    -Game Corner Pokemon don't count.
    -In the Safari Zone I can only catch one Pokemon per area but no duplicates.

Extras
    -The basic rules will not be enfored until I've received my Pokeballs.
    -My starter is chosen by the last digit in my Trainer ID 1-3 is Bulbasaur, 4-6 Charmander, 7-9 Squirtle, 0 I choose.
    -My nickname theme will be Star Constellations.

Spoiler:- Part 1:

Spoiler:- Team:
    Good luck with your challenge! I'm planning in starting a White Nuzelocke, any suggestions before I begin?
    Also, make sure you train a lot! You don't want to lose members of your team often
    Claimed Braviary, Masamune Date, and Pokemon Conquest
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs
    ~Merry Christmas and Happy New Year~

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast