Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Time for a Nuzlocke challenge! I'm actually on my second day, and I just got my second badge, so here's the rundown.

I started with Bulbasaur, and my mercy rules are that I am allowed to use any items I find, but I can only buy Pokeballs-- not even Great Balls and Ultra Balls. My second mercy rule is that if I am unable to catch a Pokemon the first time I go to a location, I may return later to catch one, and I may choose another if I don't want a duplicate-- more for the sake of variety than anything else. Seems like a lot, but I keep getting frustrated when playing these, and the point is to have fun. If I'm not having a good time, then what's the point? So I'm cutting myself some slack.

So far I've lost only two Pokemon, and it was to that darn kid with the level 14 Spearow after Pewter City. Funky Fists the Mankey and iThrust the Kakuna fell to it. I've just arrived in Vermilion and am about to board the St Anne with the following team:

Tubby (Ivysaur)
    Fang (Raticate)
    Islington (Pidgeotto) (cookies for the ones who get the reference)
    FairyDustr (Butterfree)
    Thornking (Nidorino)
    Countess (Zubat)

The following Pokemon are waiting in the wings:
    Jack (Spearow)
    I Got Pie (Abra)
    Moddish (Oddish)
    Kippers (Meowth)

Thankfully I haven't used any of the revives or rare candies I've found so far. I took a lot of time to grind before taking on A**face and Misty, so I beat both of them fairly comfortably.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

So...I have done a lot...
    Where to begin...
    I cleaned up the routes left before the safari zone. My rules are that you get one attempt per zone, but you have to do it all in your first run. So, zone one saw me catching Amy II (Venonat), zone two saw Timothy (Exeggecute), zone three saw me failing to even get to the water to fish as a Doduo assaulted me and fled, and zone four saw me catching Meghan (Ryhorn).
    After finishing cleaning up routes, I did a team assessment. I needed to add a water type and I also wanted to bring in Timothy. Thusly, Ariel and JoHanna were benched for Timothy and Essence. After cleaing up Cycling Road (and refighting a few on it), I got Timothy to 37, where I evolved him. I then took out the fighting dojo with him and picked up a Hitmonchan, 2.0. I wasn't going to use it until I saw the modest nature. I had an open slot, since I didn't want to keep Ashley around once Ben evolves, so I stuck him in, training him up to speed at the pokémon tower to get as many Sp. Atk. EVs as I could. I trained Essence up a bit and evolved her and raised everyone else a level or two. I also spent time at the slots to get Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball for Essence, Tyler and Austin.
    I took on Koga's gym and won pretty easily. Koga fell to Timothy's Psychic and Austin's Dig and I got the ability to surf. I decided to quickly stop at the power plant to see if I could pick up a back-up electric. Imagine my surprise when that back-up is an Electabuzz. Having never trained one (I have done Pikachu and Voltorb mostly, except for recently where I am using Jolteon and Magnezone in my two Nuzlockes), I decided it would make a nice back up.
    I have been going through Silph Co. on and off. I am also at the slots, wanting another Ice Beam (for Austin) and another Shadow Ball (for Tyler) before Sabrina and Giovanni. And I am trying to think if there is anything better than 2.0 I could add that would not just be a back up.
    Speaking of which, my backup team is complete, finally! Not that I want anyone to die, but if they do, I am prepared.     Spoiler:- Back-up Team:

Team:
    Ben - - Lonely - Lvl 36
    Essence - - Modest - Lvl 36
    2.0 - - Modest - Lvl 37
    Tyler - - Docile - Lvl 37
    Austin - - Serious - Lvl 37
    Timothy - - Naive - Lvl 39

Spoiler:- Other Mon's:
        Spoiler:- Trained 'mons in White:

Spoiler:- Current challenges:

So, I started a LeafGreen nuzlocke, and I'd like to know if this is a good team for the 1st gym.

Team:
    (M) Monty Level 16
    (F) Maximum Level 14
    (M) Pigsley Level 14
    (F) Farah Level 14
    (M) Aizen Level 14

Also, if you get the references I used for Maximum and Aizen's names, you get a cookie.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Maximum Ride.

Anyway it looks like it'll just be an Ivysaur sweep. You should be fine. It's just a Geodude and an Onix after all and you're like 2-4 levels higher and not weak to Rock.
    Sapphire Fighting Monotype Challenge
    Badges: 6
    Team:
    Li; Mahatma; Jackie; Bruce; Hellga; Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    Maximum Ride.

Anyway it looks like it'll just be an Ivysaur sweep. You should be fine. It's just a Geodude and an Onix after all and you're like 2-4 levels higher and not weak to Rock.
    *gives cookie*

Yeah, it was. Monty swept the entire gym, and I was just fine. Team is unchanged from my last post.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

I'm just starting a Nuzlocke on my Leaf Green game.

The rules I'm following:
    -You can only use the first Pokemon you encounter in each route/town/city/cave.
    -All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
    -If a Pokemon in your party faints you must box/release it and not use it anymore in your challenge.

I started earlier this evening and now I'm just about to head into Mt Moon. I'm really not liking my current team, so hopefully I get something good in there :P

So far in my adventure:
    -Got Bulbasaur, named him Ichiro
    -Caught Pidgey on Route 1, named her Haruka
    -Went to Route 22, and landed a crit on the Spearow at the wrong moment. Missed catch
    -Caught another Pidgey on Route 2, named her Sakura
    -Promptly lost Haruka to a crit from a wild Rattata (her first battle she was one-shotted. so sad)
    -Defeated Rival with Sakura
    -Caught Weedle in Viridian Forest, named her Sumire
    -Defeated Brock with Ichiro
    -Lost Sakura to a crit from a trainers Pidgey
    -Caught Spearow on Route 3, named him Ikki

Team:
    Ichiro, Hasty, level 16
    Sumire, Lonely, level 10
    Ikki, Bold, level 6

Dead:
    Haruka
    Sakura
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

So, in my LeafGreen nuzlocke, I'm currently on the SS Anne, and this is my team:

(M) Monty Level 25
    (F) Maximum Level 23
    (F) Farah Level 23
    (M) Aizen Level 23
    (M) Dagger Level 23
    (F) Cherra Level 23

Update:
    -Caught Zubat in Mt. Moon, named him Yuichi
    -Caught Rattata on Route 4, named her Maria
    -Defeated Rival, but lost Ikki and Maria both to critical hits
    -Lost Yuichi to a trainer on Nugget Bridge, again to a critical hit
    -Missed catching a Metapod on Route 24, this time I landed the critical hit T_T
    -Caught Bellsprout on Route 25, named her Iris
    -Defeated Cerulean Gym, but lost Iris to one of the trainers... TO A CRITICAL HIT

I feel like I suck at this, but there's really not a whole lot I could do differently. Sure, I could have used potions, but every one of them was still in the green prior to the killing blow : /
    Oh well, let's see just how far Ichiro can get on his own. Onwards to Vermillion City!

Team:
    Ichiro, level 27
    Sumire, level 14

Spoiler:- R.I.P.:
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 10th March 2012 at 1:27 PM.

Oh, hey everyone. After about half a year of hiatus, I'm finally getting back to my Gale of Darkness Nuzlocke. Since there aren't any specified rules for Colo/Gale, I've made my own ruleset.

1-If a mon faints, it's dead and permaboxed.
    2-Snag everything, and if you can't, tough luck.
    3-Only 1/2 Poke Spot mons.
    4-If a Shadow Pokémon faints before being purified, it cannot participate in any battles and must be purified through cologne/purification chamber. After being purified, it is considered dead.

I'm currently up to Shadow Pokémon Lab, and I'm training everyone so no one dies.

Current Team
    Sol-Level 20
    Terezi-Level 20
    Vriska-Level 20
    Woolie-Level 19
    Polly-Level 19
    Matthew-Level 18

Snagged 10/11 (Spinarak got critted...)
    Most recent Snag: Matthew
    Pokemon Y
    4055-4543-2432
    Friend Safari: Fraxure, Dragonair, Sliggoo
    Dex 717/718
    Need Dex Entry for Keldeo!

Thought I'd give this Nuzlocke thing a try on my Leaf Green. Not much to say except that I'm currently training for the Cerulean gym. Already beat Gary at Nugget Bridge.

Rules:
    -All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
    -If a Pokemon in your party faints you must box/release it and not use it anymore in your challenge.

Team:

Shelldon

Kitty

Louise

Abbie

Mike
    Last edited by ~Silver Aura~; 9th March 2012 at 10:16 PM.

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Update:
    - Caught Pidgey on Route 5, named her Ayame
    - Caught Meowth on Route 6, named her Kanna
    - Sacrificed Sumire to save Ichiro during a trainer battle on Route 6
    - Got Vs. Seeker
    - Got Old Rod
    - Caught Magikarp in Vermillion City, named her Kohran
    - Caught Sandshrew on Route 11, named him Kenshin
    - Found a shiny Pidgey on Route 6 while training! Caught it, but won't use it for this game :P
    - Caught Diglett in Diglett Cave, named him Yahiko
    - Defeated Rival on S.S. Anne with Yahiko
    - Defeated Vermillion Gym with Yahiko

Things are going better ^_^ I'm a little miffed about the shiny. I mean, yay it's a shiny, but I switched to playing my Nuzlocke because MMing my shiny charmander wasn't going so well. (almost 700 eggs now). Anyways, onwards!

Team:
    Ichiro lvl 31
    Ayame lvl 26
    Kohran lvl 22
    Kanna lvl 21
    Kenshin lvl 20
    Yahiko lvl 28

Spoiler:- Deaths:

I started a Nuzlocke on FireRed over a week ago.
    At the moment, I'm at Silph Co. and I'm battling Team Rocket there.

My team is on rotation and it is, in order of capture:
    Bentley, lv. 33, brave
    Ramsey, lv. 32, bashful
    Kodey, lv. 26, hardy
    Fulton, lv. 27, hardy
    Rochelle, lv. 30, naive
    Franklin, lv. 28, serious
    Medusa, lv. 27, quiet
    Pyrrhus, lv. 22, bashful
    Enigma, lv. 17, hasty
    I also have an eevee called Teddy, but I'm not using him since I'm not counting gift pokemon.
    Also Kelvin the Magikarp, who is currently being raised by that daycare guy.

Deaths:
    Diglett
    Oddish

I used to wonder what McDonalds could be - until you shared your ketchup with me
    Big hamburger, tonnes of fries, a beautiful tray, milkshakes with straws, sharing nuggets is an easy feat
    And this ketchup makes it all complete!

are you allowed to use in-game trade and gift pokés?
    I'm trading:
    ZORUA
    The starters from every gen
    Pokérus
    4 zekrom
    2 reshiram

I'm looking for:
    Pokédex data for Thundurus and Landorus
    Archen
    Rufflet

Quote Originally Posted by iwillHM01you View Post
    are you allowed to use in-game trade and gift pokés?
    The only mandatory rules are:
    -All Pokemon must be nicknamed. (Actually, I think this one is also optional, but I've never seen anyone NOT use it)

So if you want to make use of gift pokes outside of rule #1, that's up to you. The way I play for those instances is:
    -if I have the pokemon required for the in-game trade (still alive and was the first encounter for the route) I may make the trade but can't catch anything else on the route of the original pokemon or get anything else in the area the trade was made
    -gift pokemon count towards first pokemon of the area. (So in celadon I have to choose between fishing, surfing, game corner prize or eevee)

Update:
    - Caught Rattata on Route 9, named her Kaoru
    - Caught Sandshrew on Route 10, named her Tomoe
    - Caught Machop in Rock Tunnel, named him Sanosuke
    - Defeated Rival in Pokemon Tower, but lost Kanna
    - Caught Pidgey on Route 8, named him Hajime
    - Caught Bellsprout on Route 7, named her Megumi
    - Received Eevee in Celadon City, named her Suzume (evolved her into Flareon)
    - Cleared Rocket Hideout, but lost Kaoru to a critical hit
    - Cleared Celadon Gym with Ayame

Team:
    Ichiro lvl 36
    Ayame lvl 34
    Kohran lvl 26
    Yahiko lvl 32
    Sanosuke lvl 27
    Suzume lvl 25

Spoiler:- Boxed:

I recently started a Nuzlocke on LeafGreen. I'm currently training for Cerulean gym.

Rules:
    -Only catch the first Pokemon in a specific area (exception: shiny Pokemon may be caught, but not used unless they are the first captured)
    -All Pokemon must be nicknamed
    -If a Pokemon faints, it must be permanently boxed (exception: in battles for shiny Pokemon which are not the first Pokemon in an area)
    -Legendaries may be caught but not used

Current team in order of capture:

Blast
    Doc
    Beck
    Sarl
    Frish

Good luck Marigold!!

It's been a while and I haven't been working on it much, but I may as well update while I still remember what happened. So, update:
    - Caught Gastly in Pokemon Tower, named her Misao
    - Cleared Pokemon Tower
    - Missed catching Snorlax on Route 16 (Why didn't he use rest?!)
    - Caught Snorlax on Route 12, named him Iwanbo
    - Caught Venonat on Route 13, named him Aoshi
    - Caught Ditto on Route 14, named it Kamatari
    - Caught Venonat on Route 15, named her Toki
    - Caught Doduo on Route 17, named him Shigure
    - Suzume died to a crit from on of the bikers' pokemon
    - Iwanbo died... well that was my fault. I was annoyed at losing Suzume (Flareon is one of my favorite pokemon) and not making the best decisions.

So now I'm making my way down to... Fushia? along the bike path, then I have two gyms to clear. I'll probably update again once those are done.

Team:
    Ichiro lvl 37
    Ayame lvl 35
    Kohran lvl 34
    Yahiko lvl 34
    Sanosuke lvl 27
    Misao lvl 34

Just started my first ever Nuzlocke on Emerald!

My Rules (besides the standard two):
    1. Only up to 3 healing items per battle (as that is what most Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 use).
    2. Nickname all Pokemon based on my real life friends/family (even CLOSER relationships!).
    3. If the first Pokemon seen in the area is a duplicate, I can find another Pokemon until it is one I do not have.
    4. I must use the same number of Pokemon as the Gym Leader during Gym Battles.
    5. Any "dead" Pokemon will instead be permanently boxed (to remember them by ).
    6. Legendaries may be caught but not used.
    7. Shinies may be captured at any cost (even if it means breaking the rules), but cannot be used if done so while breaking the rules.

My Current Team:

"Jer" : Level 25, Hasty

"Jess" : Level 25, Timid

~

"CJ" : Level 4-13, Adamant (DEAD)

Everything was going smoothly until my battle with Brawly. I had all three Pokemon left, and all he had was his Makuhita. All Jer needed to do was use one more Bullet Seed... but Brawly healed his Makuhita, along with it getting a berry heal. With Jer down to 9 HP, I could not afford to lose him. I sent in CJ... to take the fall. I healed up Jer while CJ was out, and I ended up winning the battle... But at the cost of a dear friend.
    Last edited by munchlaxboy; 12th April 2012 at 8:19 PM.

Made some more progress, so update:
    - Caught Rattata on Route 18, named her Sayo
    - Caught Seaking in Fushia City, named her Shizuku
    - Caught Poliwhirl in Viridian City, named her Shiho
    - Caught Nidoran(F) in Safari Zone, named her Yuko
    - Defeated Koga with Aoshi
    - Cleared Silph Co / Defeated Rival / Defeated Giovanni
    - Obtained Lapras in Saffron City, named him Ichise
    - Cleared the Fighting Dojo (collected my Hitmonchan, but he won't be used for the challenge)
    - Defeated Sabrina

No deaths this time 'round, and this is officially my longest Nuzlocke now ^_^

Team:
    Ichiro lvl 43
    Ayame lvl 45
    Kohran lvl 39
    Yahiko lvl 46
    Sanosuke lvl 29
    Shiho lvl 20

Last edited by Dangertrout; 15th April 2012 at 1:28 AM. Reason: correcting typos

Thanks, Dangertrout!

I haven't been able to work on it much recently, but here goes:

-Beat Misty and by sheer luck didn't lose anybody
    -Route 6, caught Bellsprout, named her Mossy
    -Diglett's Cave, caught Diglett, named her Digger
    -Lost Mossy to a Diglett
    -Evolved Sarl into Golbat
    -Route 11, caught Sandshrew, named him Sandy

I'm now training for the Vermilion gym and the S.S. Anne.

Current team in order of capture:

Blast
    Doc
    Beck
    Sarl
    Frish
    Digger

Update:
    - Caught Pikachu in Power Plant, named her Ran
    - Caught Krabby on Route 19, named her Arisu
    - Caught Krabby on Route 20, named her Lain
    - Caught Slowpoke in Seafoam Islands, named him Masami
    - Obtained Omanyte on Cinnibar Island, named him Yasuo
    - Caught Raticate in Pokemon Mansion, named her Reika
    - Lost Yahiko to a wild Koffing's Self Destruct
    - Defeated Blain with Kohran

I followed Bill to One Island (got to the point where I can access the PC on the islands) so I can train a bunch before heading to the last gym. I've decided on some of the pokemon I want to use against the E4, and some of them need serious grinding. >.<

Team:
    Ichiro lvl 45
    Ayame lvl 46
    Kohran lvl 46
    Aoshi lvl 45
    Masami lvl 30
    Misao lvl 43

Update:
    - Caught Krabby on One Island, named her Quon
    - Caught Fearow on Treasure Beach, named him Ayato
    - Caught Geodude on Kindle Road, named her Hiroko
    - Caught Geodude in Mt. Ember, named her Haruka
    - Caught Spearow at Cape Brink, named her Maya
    - Caught Weepinbell at Bond Bridge, named him Mamoru
    - Caught Pidgeotto in Berry Forest, named him Jin
    - Caught Krabby on Route 21, named her Kim
    - Defeated Giovanni's gym

Time to train up my Lapras, and maybe my Pikachu before heading off to defeat my Rival and clearing Victory Road. To be continued!!

Team:
    Ichiro lvl 51
    Ayame lvl 48
    Shigure lvl 46
    Aoshi lvl 50
    Masami lvl 52
    Ichise lvl 25

Boxed:
    so many that I'm not going to bother listing them anymore

Victory is mine!! Caught a couple pokemon, then trained a bunch. The original plan was to get t hem all to 65, but I got bored in Victory Road. So I challenged the E4 / Champion and won. ^_^

Final Team:
    Ran, level 59
    Masami, level 66
    Shigure, level 60
    Mamoru, level 58
    Ichise, level 65
    Aoshi, level 58

Thus marks the end of my LG Nuzlocke. I guess I'll finish up the post game story before starting a new one :P

So I started this on LeafGreen today. Picked up a Charmander for my starter, named it Pyronic, and moved ahead. On Route 1 I caught a Rattata, which was unfortunately female because I wanted to name it Joey...anyway I named it Vermana, and moved on to Route 22, where I caught a Mankey and named it Sonya. I then headed up to Route 2 and caught a Pidgey and named it Skye. I then headed into Viridan Forest to catch my fifth Pokémon, Beetox the Weedle, and saved there. Hoping to level these guys up before moving on to Pewter City.

Pyronic (Male) Lv. 6

Vermana (Female) Lv. 3

Sonya (Female) Lv. 4

Skye (Female) Lv. 3

Beetox (Male) Lv. 5
    FireRed Scramble

SoulSilver

HeartGold

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.'

Well, I have not updated in a LONG time, but I have made tons of progress. Six badges right now.

Team:

"Jer" - Level 41

"Jess" - Level 42

"Mare"- Level 41

"Brandy" - Level 42

RIP:

"CJ" - Level 4-13 - Was foddered in a match versus Brawly.

"Ric" - Level 13-13 - Was foddered in a match versus Wattson.

"Austin" - Level 16-22 - Hit by a Ninja Lad's Koffing's Selfdestruct.

"Engjela" - Level 8-30 - Killed by Norman's Slaking.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast