Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    After that, I went to Meteor Falls, and after going through it...

FOUND MYSELF A BAAAA-GAWN

Welcome Cyrus to the party!
    How did you manage to run into Bagon first in Meteor Falls? Or are you counting each cave level as a new area?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Yes, I am.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

- I don't have to catch the same Pokemon when I have said Pokemon and it is still alive.

Just started one in Emerald... I am so bad at this game, lol.

Party:
    Geek the Lv. 11 Treecko
    Mannimarco the Lv. 10 Beautifly

Dead:
    Tony the Lv. 3 Poochyena
    Snorlax the Lv. 5 Slakoth
    Tonylegacy the Lv. 7 Poochyena

Tony died of an evil Wurmple that almost took out Mannimarco King of Worms as well. Snorlax died of me forgetting it was poisoned and Tonylegacy was just dumb and died of a serious case of Tackle's less than perfect accuracy combined with multiple acc. drops. Currently making my way through Petalburg Woods after i beat the Sapphire ((?) I forget) henchmen.
    Last edited by pupintheturd; 29th May 2012 at 7:48 PM.

Im doing a Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke

Spoiler:- My Video:

Ninetails: lvl 10 NN Mozilla
    Claydol: lvl 9 NN Stalker
    Sceptile lvl 4 NN Greeny
    3DS FC 3780 9295 7690
    IGN Matthew

Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/RedBrickGamerShow

Hidden Abilities
    Ditto
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Gibble

I am also doing a Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke, Good Luck on yours, lownote72.

Since the randomizer makes you pick the starters, I just had my Sister(who doesn't know any pokemon except Pikachu) pick them.

Spoiler:- Badge 1:

Badge 2 coming up.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

Bit of an update from my last post. A little sad update, but whatever.

After beating Misty, I headed towards Vermillion City. I battled the trainers along the way and leveled up my team a bit. Unfortunately, Rick died along the way. I never really got to use Rick and I was just going to level him up a bit, but he died. (Can't remember from what. :P) I healed at Vermillion City and caught a Level 15 Diglett named David. Oh yeah, Lt. Surge is going to be so easy... BUT WAIT. While training David, I battled a Magnemite and David had 19HP and I misclicked and used Sand Attack, even though I meant to use Magnitude. Magnemite used Sonic Boom which always deals 20HP. Yep, that sucks. In that battle, I sent in Robert who defeated the Magnemite with 1 Ember. Take that. > I finished off battling all the trainers there and got the Vs. Seeker from the Pokémon Center. I also got the Bike Voucher at the Fan Club and got the Bike. Oh, I also caught an Ekans named Eddy.

Team
    Robert Level 23
    Scratch, Growl, Ember, Metal Claw
    Pablo Level 21
    Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust, Quick Attack
    Vivian Level 19
    Thunder Shock, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave
    Oddish Level 20
    Absorb, Sleep Powder, Bullet Seed, PoisonPowder
    Batman Level 14? (Daycare, not 100% sure on level or moves)

DEAD
    Rick Level 10-12
    David Level 15-16
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Man! You are not the only one to lose a Diglett. I lost Minimole to Gary's Raticate. He was only level 22.
    And Rick would have been good, too.
    I would sugest(sp) using Robart for Lt. Surge. It would be the best, being he's your stongest. His strongest is a level 24 Raichu, a Voltorb and a Pikachu in the wings.
    If you haven't used it already, I would say give Dig to Robart or Vivian, for super effective moves.
    Hope I could help.

I'd level the oddish as a backup, I believe grass resists electric. So you could at least use it to switch in if the charmeleon gets low in health, potion charmeleon, sleep powder, switch back. (i'm not sure how effective bullet seed or absorb would be against Surges pokemon)

It seems a lot of us are losing Digletts. Mine went down to a stupid Pikachu outside Rock Tunnel. Let's give a salute to David, Minimole, Henrietta, and all the other dead Diglett of the world. May they all rest in peace.

Now my next update:

Day 5: May 29, 2012
    - I started off by beating all of the trainers between Fuchsia and Lavender as a final training measure before taking on Koga. I got several level-ups on Ted, Ares, and Brainiac. Rex really started to fall behind, but there's a plan for him yet . . .
    - I finally took on Koga. He was the toughest Gym Leader yet, but he wasn't anything that Brainiac, Ares, Lucah, and Ted couldn't handle.
    - With Surf in hand, I took Rex out and beat the snot out of all the stupid swimmers between Pallet and Fuchsia. Rex literally went up 10 levels in that time.
    - On Route 19, I caught a Tentacool and named her Jelly. On Route 21, I caught a stronger Tentacool and namer her Ruby. I skipped the Tentacool I met on the other routes :P
    - I briefly went into Seafoam Islands and caught my newest team member, Suzanne the Seel.
    - I returned to Saffron City to take on Team Rocket in the Silph Co. building. During this time, I got a bunch of level ups on Suzanne, who evolved during the process.
    - Now I'm preparing to battle Gary at the top of the building, having now defeated all of the Grunts on all of the floors.

Team
    Rex Lv. 45 - Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Tackle
    Lucah Lv. 42 - Aerial Ace, Psychic, Sleep Powder, Poisonpowder
    Brainiac Lv. 40 - Psychic, Shock Wave, Recover, Teleport
    Ares Lv. 41 - Flamethrower, Dig, Bite, Quick Attack
    Ted Lv. 41 - Dig, Rock Blast, Stomp, Strength
    Suzanne Lv. 40 - Surf, Aurora Beam, Icy Wind, Rest

Deaths
    Dawnie Lv. 3 - 5
    Quincy Lv. 3 - 7
    Britney Lv. 8 - 8
    Sonia Lv. 9 - 9
    Harvard Lv. 12 - 12
    Henrietta Lv. 20 - 25
    Josh Lv. 3 - 32
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Seeing as how you're a lot higher level than I was for that fight and I didn't lose any Pokemon, you'll be just fine, Gallade. Still, watch out for that Charizard of his...if you get unlucky with Rock Blast, who knows what might happen?

Is my Diglett the only one who survived...? Steve, you are a lucky bast--
    Last edited by Jonah the Slaking; 30th May 2012 at 4:41 AM.
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Credit to Atari!
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

All turned out alright. I decided to play for just a few more minutes while I was waiting on something. I don't know why I keep forgetting to go back to Rock Tunnel to teach Rock Slide to Ted, but Rock Blast worked out well enough.

Day 5.5: Still May 29, 2012 (Actually, it's early May 30, 2012, but who's counting?)

- I destroyed Gary in the battle with him. Ted beat Pidgeot and Charizard, Brainiac beat Gyarados, and Lucah beat Exeggcute and Alakazam.
    - Giovanni was almost as easy as Gary. Suzanne beat Nidorino, Rhyhorn, and Nidoqueen all in a row. Ted beat Kangaskhan like a champ. He was taking Mega Punches like they were Tackles. It makes me wonder why I never used a Rhyhorn before. After the battle, Ted evolved, which is even more awesome.
    - I flew back to Cinnabar and went into the Pokemon Mansion, where I caught a Grimer. I named him Sucio.
    - Then I remembered that I still had to battle Sabrina, so I'll be taking care of that next time :P

Team
    Rex Lv. 45 - Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Tackle
    Lucah Lv. 42 - Aerial Ace, Psychic, Sleep Powder, Poisonpowder
    Brainiac Lv. 41 - Psychic, Shock Wave, Recover, Teleport
    Ares Lv. 41 - Flamethrower, Dig, Bite, Quick Attack
    Ted Lv. 42 - Dig, Rock Blast, Stomp, Strength
    Suzanne Lv. 41 - Surf, Aurora Beam, Icy Wind, Rest

Deaths
    Dawnie Lv. 3 - 5
    Quincy Lv. 3 - 7
    Britney Lv. 8 - 8
    Sonia Lv. 9 - 9
    Harvard Lv. 12 - 12
    Henrietta Lv. 20 - 25
    Josh Lv. 3 - 32

Author's Profile

Exclamation The Final Battle

All right, guys...this is my last update here. I'll still advise you on YOUR adventures if you want, but this is the end of my Emerald Nuzlocke.

It took a long time, but everyone--Cyrus included--got to Level 50. With such a strong roster, I felt sure we could win against the League. So we entered the Pokemon Center/Mart thing, and knew there was no going back once we stepped through that door. But we stepped through anyway.

First up was Sidney. Valerie took him on, and utterly annihalated his Mightyena, Cacturne and Shiftry. Charlie took on Absol, because I knew it had Aerial Ace. Vincent took down Crawdaunt with ease.

Next was Pheobe. I got very lucky during this fight, in a method that I'll explain when I get to it. Her Dusclops was bulky--even Cyrus's attacks didn't do a lot. One Dragon Claw from Cyrus got it to about 75%. Lucky for me, it used Curse, and I got a critical hit the next turn. Dusclops was down for the count. Next was Banette, who I sent out Charlie to face. I got a critical hit with Earthquake, OHKO'ing it. This happened with her other Banette too. Her Sableye was easily dealt with, because Percival confused it and it hit itself almost every round. As for her other Dusclops, I planned to use Percival against it, but didn't realize it had Rock Slide. I just barely survived, but managed to confuse it. I sent in Charlie again and finished it off.

With Pheobe gone, Glacia was next. Valerie had little trouble there--except against Walrein. Sky Uppercut hit it hard, and brought it down to about 1/3. It used Sheer Cold, and I was scared to death. I was sure that Valerie would die...but then it missed. Between laughing and sighing with relief, Valerie finished off the colossal Pokemon with Mach Punch, and continued sweeping Glacia's team.

I was feeling pretty confident about Drake. To my knowledge all of his Pokemon were weak to Ice. So Charlie swept his team...until he brought out Kingdra. I would've used Cyrus, but I knew that this Kingdra probably had Ice Beam or Outrage. So I switched to Vincent. Expecting a Hydro Pump, I set up a Light Screen. But it used Dragon Dance. I knew I was in trouble if I let this go on. There would be no stopping this Kingdra from sweeping my team. I didn't have a Steel-type, or anything with Protect. I knew there was only one way to win this battle. I had Vincent use Explosion. It got a critical hit, and Kingdra was down. Vincent died to save us all. With Kingdra gone, Charlie swept the rest of Drake's team with ease.

We were crushed by Vincent's sacrifice, but we couldn't turn back. His sacrifice would be in vain if we gave up. So we went in to challenge Wallace, knowing the huge disadvantage we had. Charlie took down his Wailord after three Earthquakes, but not without tanking two weakened Water Spouts. Swiper Aerial Aced the crap out of Ludicolo. Percival was up against Gyarados, and he was tough. But Percy confused the monster, then used his new move, Sludge Bomb, to kill off the dragon. Charlie was the obvious choice vs. Tentacruel, and beat it easily. Valerie was up against Milotic, and hit it with a Sky Uppercut. Milotic didn't die, and hit Valerie with Ice Beam, almost killing her. I switched to Percival, confused it, and switched again. With Milotic confused, I brought in Charlie, who managed to finish it off. As for Whiscash, he and Charlie had an Earthquake war, and Charlie won.

We were Champions now...but at what cost? Vincent was gone. We may have never gotten to know each other all that well, but he was still my friend. But due to his selfless sacrifice, we managed to claw our way up to the championship. I'll never forget what he did for us.

The total body count was two. RIP Rogue and Vincent.

And so our Hoenn journey is over. But our Sinnoh journey has only begun...
    Last edited by Jonah the Slaking; 30th May 2012 at 1:48 PM.
    Credit to Atari!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyMisty View Post
    Man! You are not the only one to lose a Diglett. I lost Minimole to Gary's Raticate. He was only level 22.
    And Rick would have been good, too.
    I would sugest(sp) using Robart for Lt. Surge. It would be the best, being he's your stongest. His strongest is a level 24 Raichu, a Voltorb and a Pikachu in the wings.
    If you haven't used it already, I would say give Dig to Robart or Vivian, for super effective moves.
    Hope I could help.
    Ah, thanks for the tip! Completely forgot I had Dig! Might teach it to Vivian because than she could have some use in the Gym and the Electric Type attacks aren't very effective ( on her. (they could use non-electric attacks, but whatever) Also, giving Vivian Dig is a little risky if I'm battling a Ground Type w/ Earthquake, but I'd just switch out to Oddish. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I'd level the oddish as a backup, I believe grass resists electric. So you could at least use it to switch in if the charmeleon gets low in health, potion charmeleon, sleep powder, switch back. (i'm not sure how effective bullet seed or absorb would be against Surges pokemon)
    Yeah, Grass resists Electric. Electric still affects Grass (and vice-versa), but it's not super effective. Using PoisonPowder might be the better option, though, since it would affect the Pokémon throughout the whole battle. Oddish evolves in one level, too, so I have to get on that.

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    It seems a lot of us are losing Digletts. Mine went down to a stupid Pikachu outside Rock Tunnel. Let's give a salute to David, Minimole, Henrietta, and all the other dead Diglett of the world. May they all rest in peace.
    R.I.P. Diglett

Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I was going to wait for the next gym to update, but THINGS happened.
    I was training up my team on the routes between Fushia and Lavender when... Blaster was MURDERED by a Muks critical Sludge. I was so sad. He just needed to hit the Muk one more time to kill it. RIP Blaster
    For now there's a random Meowth in my team because I needed cut, it will be replaced... not sure with what yet.
    Oh, and I missed catching a Pidgey on Route 13. Not that it matters, since I have plenty of birds sitting in my PC already.
    /mourn Blaster. T_T

New Friends!:
    Mothra / Relaxed / Route 14
    Natalie / Mild / Route 12

Team:
    Minky (L35)
    Dracula (L34)
    Sylvester (L10)
    Ralph (L38)
    Clarence (L35)
    Charles (L35)

R.I.P.:
    Amelia (Pidgey) Level 3 - 14
    Melinda (Diglett) Level 16-25
    Blaster (Wartortle) Level 5 - 33

AH MAN! That sucks!
    I, too, lost my starter. Chaos was his name. He died to Lance's Dragonite. Thought we would make it, becuase the thing was confused...he didn't hit himself...and he used Hyper Beam.
    Then, with Gary, I lost my Vaporeon to his stupid Alakazam. It didn't hurt me as bad as I would think, but that's because of the loss of Chaos.

May Blaster rest peacefuly.
    R.I.P. Blaster. Level 5 - 33. *hats off, and bows head in respect*

@ ShinyMisty, at least yours died in a meaningful battle. I lost mine to a random trainer T_T

Mini update for me. I went through the Safari Zone once and then defeated Koga's gym. I decided to grab my magikarp and train it up (slow going since I caught it at level 5) to be my HM slave until I find something better. I still have to go back through Safari Zone for the last of the items, but I decided to head to Silph Co. / Sabrina's gym first. Silph Co. is my least favorite dungeon, so it'll be a while before my next update >.<

New Friends!:
    Chantrelle / Relaxed / Safari Zone

Team:
    Minky (L35)
    Dracula (L34)
    Ryuna (L17)
    Ralph (L39)
    Clarence (L36)
    Charles (L35)

R.I.P.:

Yikes, seems I missed out a couple of sad deaths. R.I.P. Blaster, I hate to see when anyone loses their starter. Especially to a random Muk, of all things. Also, R.I.P. Vincent and his bold sacrifice for the Hoenn team of Psychic Swordsman.

Anyway, back to my own update. I never really played for more than a few minutes at a time over the past couple of days, but I got a bunch more done today. Here's a basic list of what happened:

Spoiler:- June 1, 2012:

Spoiler:- THE FINALE:

And so, the Leafgreen Nuzlocke is over. But that doesn't mean that I'm done with 3rd Gen yet! What could this possibly mean? Why, it could only mean that it's finally time for:

MY EMERALD NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE!!!
    Rules
    1. If a Pokemon faints, it's dead and must be boxed.
    2. Only the first Pokemon encountered on each route may be captured.
    3. No duplicates.
    4. Exception to Rule 3: If a Pokemon of the same species as one who has died is encountered, it can be captured. Ex: My Zigzagoon dies, I encounter one on another route, I can catch and use it.

Yup, I'm doing Emerald now. And I've already started, too!

Day 1: June 2, 2012

- I started off in the back of a freakin' moving van. I'm pretty sure this is child abuse . . .
    - And now I've got save some old man from a raccoon. Makes sense. I WANT THE CHICKEN!!!
    - I started off with Torchic. I named him Moegami. I'm sure that a lot of people should get that reference, either for the game character itself or the famous LPer who also used a Torchic named Moegami.
    - I went a little overboard training and got Moegami up to Lv. 10 before I even battled May.
    - After beating May and getting the Pokedex, I went on a catching spree. On Route 101, I caught a Zigzagoon and named him Carl. On Route 103, I found another stupid Zigzagoon, so I passed there. On Route 102, I found an awesome Lotad and named him Homer.
    - I did a bunch of training with Carl and Homer before getting to Petalburg City, where I left off.

New Captures
    Moegami @Littleroot Town - Lv.5
    Carl @Route 101 - Lv. 3
    Homer @Route 102 - Lv. 4

Team
    Moegami Lv. 12 - Ember, Scratch, Focus Energy, Growl
    Carl Lv. 9 - Headbutt, Tail Whip, Growl, Tackle
    Homer Lv. 10 - Absorb, Astonish, Growl
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 6th June 2012 at 8:03 AM.

Author's Profile

Ruby update...
    *Sigh* really hating my starter choice and the rule of raising the 1st 6 caught to lvl 25 before I can switch out. I usually take the fire type (for obvious reasons ^_^), but decided to make things harder by taking the grass type instead. My 1st 6 are grass (Mana, my starter), grass-dark (Nuzdot, my Nuzleaf),normal (Linzig my Zigzagoon),bug-ground (Cadjask my Nincada),grass (Bremish my Shroomish) and bug-poison (Wurcoontox my Dustox). Not a very good team to try and raise around rte 110 and to go up against my rival with Combusken and company.
    Everyone is now between 17 and 20, but my confidence isn't very high.

-If all six faint, the game will be called ... I don't think I can face going on without Mana.....
        Spoiler:- Dream world name:
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

I finally made it through Silph Co. I cleared the Fighting Dojo, Sabrina's gym and grabbed my missing items from the Safari Zone. No deaths since Blaster, hurrah! I think I'll do Power Plant and Seafoam Islands before heading to Cinnibar gym.

New Friends!:
    Laura / Careful / Saffron City

Team:
    Minky (L38)
    Dracula (L37)
    Laura (L25)
    Ralph (L42)
    Clarence (L40)
    Charles (L40)

R.I.P.:

My Emerald adventure continues:

Day 2: June 3, 2012

- I started off by meeting with Norman and helping Wally catch his first Pokemon . . . or rather, watching him catch a Pokemon with no guidance whatsoever. Why did I need to be here again?
    - I headed off for Rustboro. On Route 104, I caught a Marill and named her Prim. Unfortunately, I lost her shortly afterward to a trainer's Zigzagoon and its critical-hit Tackle.
    - In Petalburg Woods, I caught a Wurmple and named her Gypsy. She quickly evolved twice, to Silcoon and then Beautifly. Homer also evolved during this training.
    - On Route 116, I caught Daniel, a Taillow.
    - In Rusturf Tunnel, I caught a Whismur. I named her Whisper.
    - I took on Roxanne and made a big mistake. Gypsy had been doing an awesome job, getting OHKOs on several Geodude with her Absorb. I thought for sure she could handle Roxanne's too. She hit Roxanne's Geodude with Absorb . . . and it survived to use Rock Tomb. R.I.P. Gypsy, I was hoping I'd get to use a butterfly at the League for two Nuzlockes in a row. You did a great job for one so young. Homer wrapped up the battle, sweeping the rest of Roxanne's team.
    - That poor Devon guy got his Goods stolen, so I had to go beat the snot out of an Aqua Grunt to get them back. And I saved some old guy's Wingull. Like he'll ever be important for anything.
    - And one more loss was headed my way, this time in my second battle with May. WHY DOES SHE HAVE A FREAKING TORKOAL? Number one, this is way too early in the game to be fighting anything with Curse, especially when that something is a freaking defensive wall like Torkoal. Number two, she replaces that Torkoal with a Slugma in the very next battle! And three, if you're playing as May and fighting Brendan, he actually does use a Slugma in this fight. So WHY THE STUPID TORKOAL? Daniel held up for awhile, but eventually, I had to call him back. In order to play itself, I had to sacrifice Whisper to Torkoal, who fell to a single Ember. R.I.P. Whisper, you may have been kind of derpy, but you were still brave in your own way. Moegami managed to finish off Torkoal and Homer beat Mudkip.
    - I went off to Dewford Town and made my way through Granite Cave without Flash. I was initially going to use a Repel to get me through the first floor or two, but I wound up not needing to: I made it clear to the third floor before I ran into a wild Pokemon: A Sableye. I named her Topaz. While training in the cave, Moegami evolved.
    - Topaz obliterated Brawly. Seriously, that guy doesn't have a single attack that can hit a Ghost-type. Topaz was only Lv.12 yet she swept his team of two Lv. 16 and a Lv.19. HAHAHA!
    - On to Slateport! I took out Team Aqua at the Museum before heading north to take out the Trick House and do other training.
    - I beat May with ease on Route 110. Daniel beat Lombre, Carl beat Slugma, and Homer beat Marshtomp. While on the route, I captured a Wingull, who I named Mike. I left him in the box, so I'll bring him back if I'm ever in need of another Water or Flying-type. Also, while training on the route, Carl evolved.
    - I left off in Mauville City, getting ready for more training on the adjoining routes.

New Captures
    Prim @Route 104 - Lv. 5
    Gypsy @Petalburg Woords - Lv. 5
    Daniel @Route 116 - Lv. 8
    Whisper @Rusturf Tunnel - Lv. 5
    Topaz @Granite Cave - Lv. 10
    Mike @Route 110 - Lv. 12

Team
    Moegami Lv. 20 - Ember, Double Kick, Peck, Scratch
    Carl Lv. 20 - Headbutt, Sand-attack, Odor Sleuth, Cut
    Homer Lv. 19 - Absorb, Fake Out, Astonish, Nature Power
    Daniel Lv. 20 - Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Double Team, Growl
    Topaz Lv. 20 - Night Shade, Fury Swipes, Astonish, Scratch

Dead
    Prim Lv. 5 - 5
    Gypsy Lv.5 - 13
    Whisper Lv. 5 - 5
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 6th June 2012 at 8:09 AM.

Author's Profile

Out of Mt Moon, The first thing i did was teach the Mega Moves to my pokemon. Spyro got Meaga Kick and Minorel got Mega Punch. Grabbed a Sandshrew named Marmellow on my way into cerulean before healing up for the rival battle. My team was under leveled, but we had no troubles. With everyone at lvl 14 and minorel at 16 i headed up the Nugget Bridge. Almost lost Meatball to a Hyper Fang, but despite the 6 antidotes i bought i didnt need any for once. Route 24 Brought me an unexpected Caterpie named Scyth and Route 25 Brought Meatballs Death to a Machop. After Catching Oddish the Bellsprout, i went back to town and Switched Butters for Scyth and Meatball for Oddish. Saved For awhile until Scyth is a Butterfree.

Is there a rule about trading dead pokemon to an NPC?

Team
    Spyro lvl 15
    Purple lvl 15
    Scyth lvl 7
    Minorel lvl 17
    Oddish lvl 14
    Skylar lvl 15

Dead
    Meatball lvl 5 - 15
    Last edited by pikasaur; 5th June 2012 at 12:46 PM.

Got another segment done before anyone else posted, so I'll just edit this a little.

Spoiler:- Update 1:

Spoiler:- Update 2:
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 4th June 2012 at 11:47 PM.

Haven't updated in a few days. I'm back now with an update!

Trained up my team a lot for the battle against Lt. Surge. Eddy was doing very good as an Ekans and started to fly though the levels. I leveled up Oddish by one and he (or she?) evolved into Gloom! Still undecided about whether or not I'll evolve Gloom into Bellosom or Vileplume. Eh, that won't be for a little while longer. I taught Vivian Dig for the battle against Lt. Surge because she can resist electric type attacks, so giving her Dig was a good thing. On the SS. Anne, I did a lot of training and Eddy got to Level 20 and some of my other Pokémon only went up like 1 or 2 levels. Battled my Rival Zach next. Not too good. Surprisingly, I took out his Pidgeotto with Eddy and next he sent in Kadabra. I left Eddy in to fight because Bite would deal some damage. Too bad I forgot that Psychic moves are super effective on Posion Types! DX Luckily, Eddy survived with 3HP! I sent in Pablo because I thought he would win. Kadabra used Confusion which left Pablo with 33HP out of 60HP and I used Gust bringing Kadabra down to yellow HP. Unfortunately, Kadabra attacked first and Confusion knocked out Pablo with a critical hit! My first capture! Dead. > Robert came in and knocked out Kadabra. Gloom knocked out Wartortle and Robert knocked out Raticate.

Sadly, I deposited Pablo and then headed to the Gym. I battled a trainer with a Pikachu and I had Eddy out. I got a couple of Bites in, but Eddy fell due to some Bites missing. Two dead. I finally got to Lt. Surge and Vivian, using Dig, took out Voltorb and Pikachu. Last was Raichu. Stupid thing spammed Double Team, so pretty much all my Dig attacks missed, so I switched to Gloom and hit Raichy with a PoisonPowder. Surge used a Full Heal, but I was able to land another Poison Attack. This really helped because pretty much all my attacks missed due to stupid Double Team. I still won, though. After receiving the Thunder Badge, I got back Batman from the Daycare and he is now Level 18. Gonna try to level him up a lot and hopefully learn a flying type move? That would help against Erika.

Team
    Robert Level 25
    Brick Break, Ember, Metal Claw, Growl

Vivian Level 22
    Thunder Shock, Slam, Dig, Quick Attack

Level 22
    Absorb, Bullet Seed, PoisonPowder, Cut

Batman Level 18
    Astonish, Leech Life, Super Sonic, Bite

Dead - R.I.P
    Rick Level 10-12

Davide Level 15-16

Pablo Level 4-22

Eddy Level 13-20

May all that have fallen rest in peace.

Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Micro update:
    The good news is I defeated my rival with no problems.
    The bad news is I somehow lost my Jolteon to a wild Geodude in Victory Road. stupid explosion. grrrr!! I thought Double Kick would OHKO the thing because it was more than 10 levels lower than Charles, but I was wrong. Only got it down to yellow, so it had just enough life left to kill.
    Sigh.
    Anyways, while I consider a replacement.... where is a good place to train for level 50 - 55 in Fire Red? I'm a little tired of Victory Road, but I haven't noticed and other good spots.

Shadow, just so you know, you won't be able to evolve Gloom into Bellossom until after beating the Elite 4, so I would suggest Vileplume.

Now for my new updates, covering both yesterday and today:

Days 3 and 4: June 4 and 5, 2012

- I started off training around Mauville. On Route 117, I actually managed to catch a Seedot. WHICH HAS A 1% APPEARANCE RATE. I was pretty darn happy. I named her Locke and quickly evolved her into Nuzleaf. (Hooray for Nuzlocke!) I left her at the Day Care after this.
    - I took on the Winstrate family and defeated them. During the fighting, Daniel evolved.
    - I crushed poor Wally outside the Gym. Topaz beat his Ralts in one shot with Astonish. I kind of feel bad for the guy . . . but not too bad.
    - I went through the Gym and took on Wattson, which was my most challenging fight yet (except for May's stupid Torkoal back in Rustboro). Carl beat Voltorb, Topaz beat Electrike, and Moegami beat Magneton and Manectric. The battle against Manectric was rough, as Moegami got paralyzed repeatedly and I had to heal him repeatedly, but he still pulled through and eventually won with a critical-hit Ember.
    - With my new badge in hand, I headed north towards Mt. Chimney. On Route 112, I caught a Marill. I named him Tracey. He reminds me so much of Prim . . .
    - In Fiery Path, I found and caught a Koffing, who I named Bob. I was originally going to keep Bob on the team, but I realized that I would be screwed trying to go up against Flannery with my current team, so I decided to keep Tracey to train him up to be my Water-type for the battle. I'll probably leave Tracey once Homer is able to learn Surf, though who knows if I'll get too attached to do that, or if Tracey and Homer will both even be alive by that point . . . but let's not think about that.
    - While training, Tracey evolved and is now keeping up with the rest of the team. I left off in the old lady's rest house, ready to head out to Fallarbor Town.

New Captures
    Locke @Route 117 - Lv. 13
    Tracey @Route 112 - Lv. 14
    Bob @Fiery Path - Lv. 15 (I'm starting to notice a pattern . . .)

Team
    Moegami Lv. 24 - Ember, Double Kick, Peck, Scratch
    Carl Lv. 23 - Headbutt, Rock Smash, Odor Sleuth, Cut
    Homer Lv. 22 - Absorb, Fake Out, Astonish, Nature Power
    Daniel Lv. 23 - Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Double Team, Growl
    Topaz Lv. 23 - Night Shade, Fake Out, Astonish, Fury Swipes
    Tracey Lv. 18 - Water Gun, Rollout, Defense Curl, Tackle

In Training
    Locke
    Bob

Dead
    Prim Lv. 5 - 5
    Gypsy Lv.5 - 13
    Whisper Lv. 5 - 5
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 6th June 2012 at 8:12 AM.

Author's Profile

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast