Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Just started a new SS nuzlocke. Picked normal rules.
    Anyhow i started off with Cyndaquil called blaze and am now taking first steps out of NewBark Town!

Team:

Blaze Lvl 5

I am a bit further. I have beaten gardenia with great ease because my 4 pokemon that were effective against Grass so that was not so difficult.
    I am now in the north of Solaceon town grinding a bit before I go to that route where it constantly rains.....don't know which route it is anymore.
    I catched a lot of new pokemon in the meantime

My Team at the moment

Mongo the prinplup (lvl 23)
    Odezo the Staravia (lvl 25)
    Dracula the golbat (lvl 26)
    Mary the Shellos (lvl 24)
    Amerigo the ponyta (lvl 26)
    Fart the Haunter (lvl 25)
    Egg

Box:

Sumo the geodude (lvl 17)
    HM Slave the Bidoof (lvl 3)
    Rose the Budew (lvl 11)
    Spit the beautifly (lvl 20)
    Muscle the machop (lvl 15)
    Ducky the psyduck (lvl 17
    Stripes the Goldeen (lvl 13)
    Yoga the meditite (lvl 13)
    Nobones the Bronzor (lvl 15)
    Scrat the pachirisu (lvl 10)

Dead

Pharaoh the Shinx (lvl 7, died against my rivals stupid Starly)

Challenges currently completed

Monotype:

Sapphire/Ruby: Ground
    Firered/Leafgreen: Flying

Guuise, I'll start a SS nuzlocke now!
    Going through all the beginning,
    Team
    Vulcan Lv 5

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

Currently doing a DIAMOND NUZLOCK

Lake Verity: Recieved Piplup
    Route 201: Grind festival with Piplup, no pokemon was caught so far (due to lack of pokeballs)
    Sandgem Town: Officially recieved Piplup, nicknamed Pippy
    Route 201: Caught BIDOOF. Levelled Pippy
    Lake Verity: Caught STARLY.
    Route 202: Caught Shinx, Pippy was about level 13 by then already.
    Jubilife City: Deposited STARLY and SHINX due to really bad nature and unfavourable ability respectively
    Route 204: Of all the pokemon I could've gotten I got another Bidoof, killed it with Pippy.
    Ravaged Path: Geodude, didn't catch it.
    Route 203: Beat Barry without losing a single Mon. Was easy, got a Bidoof or Starly on that route... Forgot which, didn't catch it.
    Orebough Gate: ANOTHER GEODUDE ZOMG (great training spot for Pippy though :3) Pippy evolved around there, forgot too.
    Orebough Mine: Caught Zubat (Batty), I was so lucky that it wasn't another freaking Geodude...
    Orebough City: Levelled Zubat via Switching with Pippy, creamed Roark completely.
    Route 207: ZOMG ANOTHER GEODUDE GRR. Levelled Batty to Lv 11.

Saving: Went back to Jubilife City and saved there

Party Pokemon:
    Lv 18 : Gentle w/ Pound, Metal Claw, Bubble and Peck
    Lv 12: Mild w/ Leech Life, Supersonic and Astonish
    Lv 5: Relaxed w/ Tackle, Growl

Dead Pokemon:
    --- (none so far)

Boxed Pokemon (Rowan'd):
    STARLY Lv 3
    SHINX Lv 3

Didn't Catch:
    BIDOOF - Route 204
    BIDOOF / STARLY - Route 203
    GEODUDE - Ravaged Path
    GEODUDE - Orebough Gate
    GEODUDE - Route 207

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I'll start with the obvious and say that Quill evolved while i was training my team. Before the gym, i headed into ilex forest and helped the people with their Farfetch'd problem. During the fiasco i ran into almost nothing but caterpie, until i found a paras as i was exiting ilex forest. Using the no Repeat Rule, i caught the Paras and named it France. Back in Azelea i ran into some trouble at the gym with 2 of my pokemon getting poisoned at the gym. Luckily no one fainted and we took down Bugsy with the help of some potions. Went and got Headbutt from the forest and taught it to Quill. Then i headed back to Azela to get a Pokemon from Headbutting trees. eventually found a Heracross named Kross after finding all but this one tree were empty. On the other side of the forest i found a wild Drowzee, but accidentally knocked it out. Once i met the Day care people i chose to place Dos there so i don't have to grind it upto level 20 later. Also replaced Jerry with Kross at the PC box here. I then went and leveled up Kross for awhile before finally stepping into Goldenrod City.

Oh and Lambchop evolved at some point, i forget where.

Team
    Quill - lvl 16
    Bugsy - lvl 15
    - Snowy lvl 15 (Shiny)
    - Lambchop lvl 16
    - Mudball lvl 17
    - Kross lvl 12

I think I'll Nuzlocke my Pearl. Rules:

* Usual fainting = death.
    * Usual nickname everyone.
    * First Pokemon on a route even if it's a dupe or a legendary. Encounters before being able to use Poke Balls don't count.
    * No game guide usage. For example no looking up what Pokemon the Gym Leaders have.
    * Play on Set.
    * No extra HM mules. If all accessible areas have had a Pokemon caught from them and no non-retired Pokemon can use a needed HM then my quest ends.

Default Diamond Nuzlocke!

Hey guys! I have already started a nuzlocke of Diamond and I will update on what I have done.
    I am grinding for the 5th badge now. And I just lost my Staraptor, Amelia, the battle after she evolved... ;_;
    Rules:
    Death-Permabox
    1st capture on each route
    Must nickname

I will update after Fantina, which I am not looking forward to. Her Mismagius can counter every single pokemon on my team.

Team:

Damion the Monferno (male)

Flame Wheel
    Mach Punch
    Fury Swipes
    Leer

Max the Floatzel(male)
    Ice Fang
    Surf
    Crunch
    Aqua Jet

Drew the Roselia(male)
    Giga Drain
    Toxic
    Mega Drain
    Stun Spore

Khan the Heracross(male)
    Night Slash
    Brick Break
    Horn Attack
    Aerial Ace

Octavius the Drifloon(male)
    Payback
    Gust
    Stockpile
    Astonish

Compass the Gastrodon(male)
    Surf
    Mud Bomb
    Hidden Power Ice
    Body Slam

(thinking of kicking max off the team... he's weak and I don't really need him anymore. that sounds pretty harsh in hindsight)

Dead:
    Amelia the Staraptor @ Level 34
    Morrigan the Murkrow @ Level 30
    Chris the Zubat @ Level 8
    Mozart the Kricketot @ Level 8
    Fiona the Barboach @ Level 16
    Lauren the Pikachu @ Level 18
    Columbus the Machop @ Level 17
    Last edited by murrica; 13th December 2012 at 6:07 AM.

Nuzlocke is Fun!

Current Diamond Nuzlocke team: Damion Maddy Max Octavius Khan
    Current White Nuzlocke team: Quincy Alex Carlos Jeremy Emily

The Sinnoh Times
    Champions of the future?
    Oreburgh City Gym Leader, Roark, suffered two losses in one day to a pair of young Trainers, both of whom hailed from the town of Twinleaf, in the far southwest of Sinnoh. While our reporters were not able to witness the first challenger's battle, we were on the scene for the clash between Roark and Cantab. Using a Monferno, Cantab smashed through the rock-hard defenses with moves so fast we couldn't even see what they were. We thought it might swing back Roark's way when the Monferno was suffering the effects of Screech, but Cantab switched in his Bidoof, only to switch back and take the badge with another invisible strike from Monferno. After the battle, we interviewed Cantab.

"Your first badge, right?"

"That's right. It was easier than I expected. I mean a normal type, a fire type, and an electric type, that's not remotely promising for here."

"So what made you finally go for the badge?"

"Victor learnt Mach Punch! I knew that either he'd need a fighting attack or Harvey would need a water one, and it came through when I was checking out the Oreburgh Mines."

"Harvey is?"

"Harvey is my Bidoof. Which somebody told me is a girl after I'd named her!

"How do you feel about winning your toughest match thus far without any losses?"

"It wasn't my toughest. This is going to seem harsh to Roark, but the toughest moment was fighting one of the kids in the Trainer school. Hidden Power Abra, I'd lead with Harvey, and of course you don't know what the type is on the HP so I didn't dare switch!"

"So where next?"

"Not the foggiest idea. I'm gonna hang around Oreburgh for a bit and see if there's any gossip, and I've got another team member I need to work on training."
    It's a dark day for Roark, who will doubtless take some time to recover from his double defeats, but with talents like these it could be a bright future for Pokemon Battling in Sinnoh.

Code:
    TRAINER INFO
    Name: Cantab
    Badges: 1

Actives:
    Victor the Monferno. Met at Lake Verity. Level 16.
    Harvey the Bidoof. Caught on Route 201. Level 12.
    Lily the Shinx. Caught on Route 203. Level 4.

Reserves:
    Henry the Bidoof. Caught on Route 202.
    Oriel the Geodude. Caught in Oreburgh Gate.
    Orion the Geodude. Caught in Oreburgh Mine.

Lost:
    None

The Sinnoh Times
    Team Ga-What-cic?
    Law enforcement agencies have been conspicuous by their absence as an organization dubbing itself "Team Galactic" has been creating problems for Sinnoh residents in recent days. In an incident that became the talk of Floraroma Town, their "grunts" assaulted the town's honey salesman, while one of their leaders attempted to redirect power from the Valley Windworks to serve their own aims. We spoke to the manager of the Valley Windworks after Team Galactic had fled, who confirmed that had they carried on it could have caused a collapse of the entire electrical system of western Sinnoh. "This young Trainer showed up", the manager said, "and I thought Galactic's leader was going to crush him, the kid was trying to heal his Monferno and he sent in a Geodude. It looked really weak, I thought the trainer was going to sacrifice it, but he seemed the most shocked of all of us when it hung on."

The defeat at the Valley Windworks seemingly did nothing to dissuade Team Galactic, as Eterna City was the focus of a rash of Pokemon thefts, with popular local businessman Rad Rickshaw one of the victims. By the time our reporters reached the scene, however, we found the trees in front of the Galactic Building chopped down, and the building itself deserted but for a lone Team Galactic member, who gave us an interview on what happened.

"Everyone did a runner after that meddling kid ruined the place."

"Kid?"

"The one that Mars nearly dealt with at the Windworks. I'd been assigned to spy on him and report to Jupiter. The child absolutely demolished Gardenia with that Monferno of his, she never got a move in."

"And you reported that to your leader?"

"Jupiter thought nothing of it. Said that everyone demolishes Gardenia, and she was a better trainer than Mars."

"This Trainer fought Jupiter?"

"I don't know about 'fought'. Our leader didn't stand a chance. Victor by name, Victor by nature that kid's Pokemon is."

"Why was Team Galactic stealing Pokemon?"

"You'd have to ask the boss that. But it's not like they're rare. Is it such a big deal."

"If they're not rare, why does Team Galactic not catch its own?"

"Gah."
    The Team Galactic member fled at this point, but not before he had identified, to us if not to himself, the Trainer who had defeated the organisation. Cantab, the promising prospect we identified but a few days ago, by all accounts is going from strength to strength. Though we weren't able to catch up with him ourselves, the operator of the Pokemon storage system, Bebe, confirmed his current Pokemon for us.

Code:
    TRAINER INFO
    Badges: 2

Actives:
    Lily the Luxio. Caught on Route 203. Level 15.
    Naomi the Geodude. Caught on Route 205. Level 15.
    Harvey the Bibarel. Caught on Route 201. Level 16.
    Victor the Monferno. Met at Lake Verity. Level 26.

Reserves:
    Henry the Bidoof. Caught on Route 202.
    Oriel the Geodude. Caught in Oreburgh Gate.
    Orion the Geodude. Caught in Oreburgh Mine.
    Ruth the Zubat. Caught in Ravaged Path.
    Emily the Beautifly. Caught in Eterna Forest.
    Boris the Bidoof. Caught on Route 205.

Lost:
    None

I'm gonna do a platinum nuzlocked after I finish my exams

I'm currently working on a Diamond Nuzlocke, and I have a question. Currently I've got a Graveller, Machoke and Kadabra on my team. Right now they're doing fine (just about to go up against Fantina), but should they survive until a little later, they'll be at a severe disadvantage against pokemon that are fully evolved. Is it against the rules to trade them over to my SS game to evolve them and then trade them back?
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I've faced the same situation and just gone for the trade-evolve immediately, on the grounds I never said anything to the contrary, and my Pokemon choice is restricted anyway.

I officially hate Selfdestruct.

I did a massive grinding session, grinding Khan from level 14 to 36, Compass(Gastrodon) to 22 to 30 before he died to a Selfdestruct, and Octavius the Drifloon from 22 to 36.
    Damion evolved, too.

Fantina was waaaaay easier than I expected. Khan OHKOed Mismagius, Octavius OHKOed Drifloon, and it took a few tries for Max to get Gengar.

Next, straight to Canalave. Rival battle was easy as expected, and so was Byron.

From there, I easily beat Jupiter and Saturn.

I guess I got cocky, because then I went into Iron Island. Riley and I were up against a Graveler and Geodude. I had my Roselia, Drew, Giga Drain the Graveler. That was an OHKO, but Lucario's Bone Rush missed against Geodude.

And when I saw this: The foe's Geodude used Selfdestruct! I started to panic.
    I was then forced to watch as my Roselia, who I met at level 4, perished before my eyes.
    Much grieving was had, but I was forced to move on.

Along the way to Snowpoint, I caught a Mr. Mime, Tentacool, Onix, Sneasel, and Snover. I was planning to use the Onix, but it had a Modest nature. :-/
    I am going to use the Snover on my team and I will grind it a bit.

When I finish this run, I swear, I am going to take my Geodude(Rocky), find a random wild pokemon, and make it explode itself.

Nuzlocke is Fun!

Current Diamond Nuzlocke team: Damion Maddy Max Octavius Khan
    Current White Nuzlocke team: Quincy Alex Carlos Jeremy Emily

The Sinnoh Times
    Is Sinnoh becoming too violent?
    Today's devastating explosion at Lake Valor is just the tip of an increasingly large iceberg, writes A. Columnist, writing from Snowpoint City. Pokemon battling has long been a blood sport in denial, with even the Pokemon League implicitly recognising this when they laid down the General Capture Restriction, but in recent years it has moved beyond a niche activity to become mainstream, and is dragging society along with it.

I went on the trail of the trainer Cantab, rumours of his talent spreading far and wide. What I found, however, were witnessess to a brutality and ruthlessness rarely seen, conduct that is violent even by Pokemon battling standards. Though the full story had to be teased out of them somewhat, the attendants at the Veilstone, Pastoria, Hearthome, and Canalave Gyms all told of a trainer who had despatched the Gym Leader's teams like paper fed into a shredder. Fantina, oft reputed as one of the most terrifying of Sinnoh's Gym Leaders, was demolished by a Luxray's Crunches, and it was only against Crasher Wake where there was even the slightest of hiccups, when Cantab callously denied his Gyarados a Super Potion, allowing the noble creature to fall to a Floatzel Ice Fang.

I met up with the owner of the old mines on Iron Island, Riley, for an interview. Though it had not been the intended topic of conversation, when I heard Riley had teamed up with Cantab I had to discuss him in more detail.

"What did you think of Cantab?"

"He knew what he was doing. His Pokemon were seriously strong and he chose them well. I wouldn't say his team balance was perfect, but it wasn't far off."

"As a person, though. Would you say he's kind? Caring at all?"

"I think so. He seemed very edgy more than anything else. Tried to avoid double battles as much as possible. You know some trainers relish them, myself included."

"But Cantab doesn't like them?"

"No. They are more dangerous, after all. Yet the irony is it was in a single battle that he suffered his greatest loss."

"His greatest loss?"

"He was fighting this girl, Tyler I think her name was, and he sent in his Alakazam, Phil he called him, against her Medicham. Well Cantab's Pokemon never saw it coming, the Hi Jump Kick hit him dead on in its weak point. Killed from perfect health, just like that. I couldn't do anything."

"How did Cantab react."

"Shock. Stunned silence. Heck, it took him five minutes just to send out his next Pokemon. Then he was going to leave the mines right there, I had to convince him to stay and press on. Team Galactic had been causing trouble, you see."

"But he did carry on."

"We carried on, yes, and kicked those galactic thugs out of my mine. But I don't think Cantab will ever forget Phil. He told me he'd lost one of his team before in similar circumstances, and that time he'd just rushed out to get more Pokemon, but he didn't think he could do that this time."
    Despite the apparent grief shown at the death of one of his team on Iron Island, Cantab nonetheless did not delay before storming Canalave Gym in his usual fashion, which must call into question the genuineness of his reputed feelings. I hope to speak to Cantab myself soon, since no other authority that Dr Rowan has directed him towards Lake Acuity, just outside Snowpoint City.

Criticism of Team Galactic's behaviour is of course justified, and certainly I in no way defend them. But we must keep in mind the broader picture. They are not the only violent people in Sinnoh, and those who would stand for peace must make their stand now.

Code:
    TRAINER INFO
    Badges: 6

Actives:
    Victor the Infernape. Lake Verity. Level 40.
    Lily the Luxray. Route 203. Level 43.
    Naomi the Golem. Route 205. Level 40.
    Emily the Beautifly. Eterna Forest. Level 40.

Deceased:
    Harvey the Bidoof. Route 201. Died at level 24 on Route 215.
    Kylie the Gyarados. Route 219. Died at level 30 against Crasher Wake.
    Phil the Alakazam. Route 215. Died at level 32 on Iron Island.

Missed Locations: Routes 208, 209, 213, Iron Island.

Reserves:
    Henry the Bidoof. Route 202.
    Bertie the Shinx. Route 204.
    Boris the Bidoof. Route 205.
    Chris the Pontya. Route 206.
    Neville the Graveler. Route 210. Offered on the GTS.
    Nancy the Meditie. Route 211.
    MgDonald the Kricketune. Route 212.
    Sidney the Sudowoodo. Route 214.
    Simon the Machoke. Route 216.
    Ariel the Wingull. Route 218.
    Fred the Pachirisu. Fuego Ironworks.
    Gemma the Marill. Great Marsh.
    Helen the Happiny. Hearthome City.
    Colette the Zubat. Mt. Coronet.
    Oriel the Geodude. Oreburgh Gate.
    Orion the Geodude. Oreburgh Mine.
    Priscilla the Wingull. Pastoria City.
    Ruth the Zubat. Ravaged Path.
    Sid the Unown D. Solaceon Ruins.
    Tracey the Roselia. Trophy Garden.
    Tawna the Psyduck. Twinleaf Town.
    Vincent the Girafarig. Valor Lakefront.
    Wally the Zubat. Wayward Cave.

Yesterday, I decided to start my first Nuzlocke in Platinum. Starting where I left off in Sandgem Town and followed by Cojiro (Chimchar), I bought five Pokeballs and went back to Route 201. My first encounter, of course, was a level 2 Starly. Weakening it with Cojiro, I immediately tossed a Pokeball at it and nicknamed it Malika. I spent the next while grinding Malika up to level 5, as Cojiro was already level 7 from the journey to Sandgem Town. After Malika was sufficiently trained to my liking, I went to Route 202 to catch my next team member. Soon enough, I found the next Pokemon I didn't have (I chose to ignore Pokemon from evolutionary lines I have), which, unfortunately, was a Bidoof. Though I like Bidoof, I was looking for a Shinx. However, I put up with it and caught it (unfortunately leaving Malika near death due to a crit), naming it Gnawmex.

The next while was dedicated to training. As soon as Gnawmex could hold his own, he became a strong member of my team, which was fortunate, considering the circumstances. My next destination was Jubilife City, and as such, I would be made to fight my rival, Treqdaw, soon. However, I did what was required in Jubilife, and ran up to the route above it (I forgot its number), hoping to catch a Budew after great experiences with it on my current Diamond playthrough. After fighting the trainers and traning Cojiro and Malika to level 9, my wish was granted- the next non-Starly/Bidoof was a Budew. Catching it at full health, I named it Remanyk, which is where I left off.

EDIT: Time was spent training after this post, and as such, I remembered about the Old Rod. Using it, I hooked myself a nice little level 7 Magikarp, which I caught and nicknamed Fangotz. The rest of this time was spent grinding on various Magikarps with Remanyk, until she was level 7. As such, I immediately went to fight my rival, taking my entire arsenal so far along with me. Fangotz was sent out first, to be immediately switched in for Gnawmex, who was a lower level than my main powerhouses, Cojiro and Malika. Despite this, after taking down Treqdaw's Starly, I forgot to switch to Fangotz again, leaving her slightly short on experience. At the very least, Remanyk grew to level 8 after this battle. Immediately running to the grass once this battle was over, I found a new Pokemon- an Abra. Panicking, I immediately threw a Pokeball at him. It was caught immediately, which was quite a cause for celebration, and quickly nicknamed Boltstryke from a Warrior Cats video on YT. However- I had taught Remanyk my Return TM to ensure that she'd survive against the Starlies, and ended up with a second Pokemon having to be constantly switched in. Ah well.

Current team:

Cojiro, level 9
    Malika, level 9
    Gnawmex, level 8
    Remanyk, level 8
    Fangotz, level 7
    Boltstryke, level 4
    Dead:
    Malika, level 2 (the first Malika. Before my Nuzlocke started officially, I checked the computer to make sure I had no spare Pokemon that I had caught before and forgotten about. This Starly, also called Malika, was there. I decided to try it out to see what it was like compared to the second Malika, who survived. It died against a Bidoof, which was a slight relief.)
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 31st December 2012 at 9:45 PM.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

With a new year comes a new challenge! I officially started my HeartGold Nuzlocke challenge today. I am gonna put my Black 2 Nuzlocke on hold for now.

-I got Cyndaquil(Tiamat) as my starter because my ID ended in 5
    -I counted the Pokemon I ran into when going to Mr. Pokemon's house even though I did not have access to Pokeball's at the time.
    -Once I did get Pokeball's I went to Route 46 and Rattata(Nibble) was my encounter.
    -I got a Caterpie(Flutter) as my Route 31 encounter but it died VERY quickly. I was training it up when it died to a critical hit from a random Pidgey's Tackle.(Can't believe I have a death already -_-)
    -Also, got a Geodude(Ricter) in Dark Cave as my encounter there.
    Currently in Violet City

Current Team

Quilava(Tiamat) Lv. 19
    -->
    Geodude(Ricter) Lv. 17

Oddish(Flora) Lv. 16

Zubat(Dracula) Lv. 16

PC

Dead
    Caterpie(Flutter) Lv. 4
    Mareep(Electra) Lv. 6-7
    Togepi(Lucky) Lv. 1-2
    Mareep(Cotton) Lv. 1-14
    Gastly(Spirit) Lv. 3-14
    Rattata(Nibble) Lv. 2-14

Update!

-Got Mareep(Electra) as my Route 32 encounter but sadly Mareep did not last to long either. T_T
    -Got Gastly(Spirit) as my Sprout Tower encounter(Had to wait all the way till night for that)
    -Got another Mareep(Cotton) as my Primo egg since it says "Received from Primo" I am counting it as my Primo encounter lol
    -Beat the Violet City Gym without a problem
    -Got the Togepi egg still not sure if I should use it since you don't get a Shiny Stone till Post-game.

Update 2!!
    God it was a bloodbath. I lost so many Pokemon this time around.

-I screamed because I ran into a SHINY Rattata but since this is a Nuzlocke I decided to not catch it since I already got something on that Route. Even if I did catch it, it was just gonna sit in the PC anyway.
    -Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava
    -I hatched Togepi(Lucky) and right when I was training it, it dies to a critical hit from a Pidgey.
    -Then when I got to Azalea Town I tried to go into the Ilex forest to get my encounter there but then my rival battled me. I had thought the rival only showed up after you beat the Gym.Turns out I was wrong...I was not prepared for that fight and lost Mareep, Gastly and Rattata to that damn Croconaw. T_T
    -Got an Oddish(Flora) as my Ilex Forest encounter
    -Got a Zubat(Dracula) as my Slowpoke Well encounter.
    -Beat the Second Gym without a problem.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 5th January 2013 at 2:14 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

The Sinnoh Times
    Cyrus Unmasked - The full story from the Spear Pillar.

In a Sinnoh Times exclusive, we reveal the full story of what happened a few days ago at the Spear Pillar, thanks to our journalists having spoken to the Trainers on the scene, including the child prodigy and new League Champion Cantab.

The explosion at Lake Valor and abduction of the legendary Pokemon of spirit from there and Lakes Verity and Acuity is by now well-known, as is the fact that Cantab was behind the sacking of Team Galactic's Veilstone HQ. However, it was only by speaking to Cantab himself that we discovered the full horror of what had taken place under the direction of Cyrus. Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf, said to be direct creations of the Original One, controlled by torture and vivisected alive, crystals being taken from their still-beating hearts and crafted into an infernal chain. Cantab provided us with photographs taken from inside Galactic's HQ, photographs our staff unanimously agreed were too graphic to even consider printing. Nor were the Lake Trio Team Galactic's only victims; their labs were littered with the embalmed corpses of the Pokemon they had used to "test drive" their procedures upon.

Cantab told our interviewer the following. "After Cyrus fled the scene and the Lake Trio had been freed, I ordered Victor to set the building ablaze. I was set on destroying it utterly, and anyone from Team Galactic who was still within. Victor, as you can surmise from that the Veilstone building still stands, refused. He has a wiser head on him than I do."

It is perhaps fortunate Victor did so refuse to burn the Galactic Veilstone Building, for it now stands as evidence of Team Galactic's crimes, evidence that law enforcement are only now surveying.

Cyrus had boasted at his heading for Mt Coronet, and so Cantab called his friends before heading up the mountain himself. Despite their routing at Veilstone and on numerous previous occassion, Cyrus was evidently able to round up enough lackeys to try and secure the upper reaches of the mountain. This seemingly contradicts previous reports from Professor Rowan and Pokedex Holder Barry, who both reported a deserted Mt Coronet, but it's thought that Barry took a straighter but tougher and thus slower route up the mountain, while Rowan saw little of Team Galactic due to trailing Cantab who had ably dealt with them.

Despite having successfully summon the Lord of Space, Palkia, the Team Galactic leadership were comprehensively outclassed by Cantab and his Pokemon and defeated in what were by all accounts uneventful battles. Now, however, having cross-checked all our statements we can confidently piece together what Cyrus proclaimed ere his defeat.

"Now all will end. And everything will begin. I command that you unleash all your power for me...Palkia! Bring about the destruction of all things! With everything gone, there will be no fighting and no strife. To create an entirely new world in which I am the ruler of all things!"

Though Cyrus was vanquished and the Red Chain shattered, that alone was not sufficient to calm the Spatial Pokemon, and Cantab was forced to engage it. It was in that battle that tragedy struck, space itself ripped asunder by Palkia and Emily, veteran of many a battle alongside Cantab, was left either side of the fissure. After Palkia had been calmed, a private burial was held in Oreburgh City. Cantab declined to tell us the grave site, fearing it would become a tourist attraction.

With Cantab's blessing, The Sinnoh Times in conjunction with Jubilife TV is organising a minute's silence to be held this Sunday at 10:46 in memory of Emily the Beautifly, who gave her life to protect all Sinnoh.

In tomorrow's issue, we will have a full interview with Cantab regarding his Pokemon League triumph and plans for the future.

Code:
    TRAINER INFO
    Pokemon League Champion

Actives:
    Victor the Infernape. Lake Verity. Level 62.
    Tawna the Golduck. Twinleaf Town. Level 60.
    Olivia the Gengar. Old Chateau. Level 60.

Deceased:
    Harvey the Bidoof. Route 201. Died at level 24 on Route 215.
    Kylie the Gyarados. Route 219. Died at level 30 against Crasher Wake.
    Phil the Alakazam. Route 215. Died at level 32 on Iron Island.
    Emily the Beautifly. Eterna Forest. Died at level 46 against Palkia.
    Lily the Luxray. Route 203. Death spoiler withheld.
    Naomi the Golem. Route 205. Death spoiler withheld.

Missed Locations: Routes 208, 209, 213, Iron Island.

Reserves:
    Henry the Bibarel. Route 202.
    Bertie the Shinx. Route 204.
    Boris the Bidoof. Route 205.
    Chris the Pontya. Route 206.
    Neville the Graveler. Route 210. Offered on the GTS.
    Nancy the Meditite. Route 211.
    MgDonald the Kricketune. Route 212.
    Sidney the Sudowoodo. Route 214.
    Simon the Machoke. Route 216.
    Clair the Snover. Route 217.
    Ariel the Wingull. Route 218.
    Carl the Tentacool. Route 220.
    Scully the Sudowoodo. Route 221.
    Timmy the Chatot. Route 222.
    Vicky the Mantyke. Route 223.
    Angus the Medicham. Acuity Lakefront.
    Flynn the Cascoon. Floaroma Meadow.
    Fred the Pachirisu. Fuego Ironworks.
    Gemma the Marill. Great Marsh.
    Helen the Happiny. Hearthome City.
    Agnes the Psyduck. Lake Acuity.
    Colette the Zubat. Mt. Coronet.
    Oriel the Geodude. Oreburgh Gate.
    Orion the Geodude. Oreburgh Mine.
    Priscilla the Pelipper. Pastoria City.
    Ruth the Zubat. Ravaged Path.
    Sid the Unown D. Solaceon Ruins.
    Stephen the Palkia. Spear Pillar.
    Tracey the Roselia. Trophy Garden.
    Vincent the Girafarig. Valor Lakefront.
    Vernon the Golbat. Victory Road.
    Wally the Zubat. Wayward Cave.

Update 3!!!

-I was so freaking Lucky! I headbutted a tree on Route 33 and got Heracross(Breaker) from the first try
    -I got a Metapod(Fairie) in the National Park during the Bug catching Contest in hopes to get first place and get a Sun Stone but Nothing.
    -Beat Whitney without a problem! In fact my Quilava(Tiamat) is the one who handled the Miltank.

Current Team

Quilava(Tiamat) Lv. 22

Geodude(Ricter) Lv. 20

Oddish(Flora) Lv. 20

Zubat(Dracula) Lv. 20

Heracross(Breaker) Lv. 20

PC
    Metapod(Fairie) Lv. 14

Dead
    Caterpie(Flutter) Lv. 4
    Mareep(Electra) Lv. 6-7
    Togepi(Lucky) Lv. 1-2
    Mareep(Cotton) Lv. 1-14
    Gastly(Spirit) Lv. 3-14
    Rattata(Nibble) Lv. 2-14

Started a heart gold challenge last night. I chose Chikorita (Megs) as my starter. Went to Mr. pokemon and didn't count those encounters. Defeated my rival with no problem on the way back. On route 29 I caught a Hoothoot (Night Owl), unfortunately he died shortly after till a critical from another Hoothoot. On route 46 I caught a Rattata (Teeth). On route 30 I accidentally koed my first encounter pokemon.
    Party
    Megs lv.10
    Teeth lv. 7
    Pc
    Deceased
    NightOwl lv. 4
    completed challenge
    leaf green scramble

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven'

So continuing my series, I suffered two harrowing losses to my team in one episode.
    I lost both Heath (my Weepinbell) and Gordon (My Sandslash) to Chuck and Eusine respectively.
    Chuck managed to get a Critical hit with a body slam, and I accidentally locked into rollout against Eusine's Electrode.
    So now, with five gyms down I've lost 3 pokemon, and still no fire type in sight.
    On the bright side, my Croconaw evolved into Feraligatr, and I'm planning on getting a metal coat in order to get a Scizor.

(Also started a black 2 nuzlocke, check it out if you want! Link in the decription below)
    Check out my Heart Gold Nuzlocke, here:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo2G...?feature=guide
    It's not half bad, if I say so myself.

NEW: Started a Black 2 Nuzlocke! Watch it on my channel. Subscribe and I'll sub back!

Update 4!!!!

A bunch of evolution's galore

-My Oddish evolved into a Gloom(Flora)
    -Got an Eevee from Bill and trained it up
    -I got a Rattata(Tail) as my Burned Tower Encounter
    -My Zubat evolved into a Golbat
    -I wasted a Rare Candy on my Metapod in the PC and evolved it into Butterfree(Fairie) because I needed a Pokemon to teach Flash to, to get through Union Cave now that I got Strength. Although I did have Gloom but I did not want to get rid of any of it's moves. :P
    -One level later my Golbat evolved into Crobat(Dracula)
    -I ran into Raikou on route 38 as my first encounter. I did attempt to catch it with a Fast Ball but of course it ran away. So now no Pokemon on that route for me. Roaming Pokemon just ruin Nuzlockes -_-
    -I got Farfetch'D(Awkward) as my Route 39 encounter
    -My Eevee evolved into Umbreon(Ailester)
    -Beat Morty without a problem

Current Team

Quilava(Tiamat) Lv. 26

Geodude(Ricter) Lv. 24

Gloom(Flora) Lv. 24

Golbat(Dracula) Lv. 24
    -->
    Heracross(Breaker) Lv. 23

Eevee(Ailester) Lv. 23
    -->

PC
    Butterfree(Fairie) Lv. 15
    Rattata(Tail) Lv. 15
    Farfetch'D(Awkward) Lv. 16

Dead
    Caterpie(Flutter) Lv. 4
    Mareep(Electra) Lv. 6-7
    Togepi(Lucky) Lv. 1-2
    Mareep(Cotton) Lv. 1-14
    Gastly(Spirit) Lv. 3-14
    Rattata(Nibble) Lv. 2-14
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 5th January 2013 at 2:14 AM.

I caught a bellsprout (weedy) then traded weedy to the girl volley city for her onix (Rocky) after my geodude (also Rocky) died while training. I caught a mareep (lambchop) on route 32. Lambchop and Rocky made short work of Faulkner. In union cave I caught a sandshrew (Sandy) and caught spearow (spears) on route 33. Rocky and spears took care of bugsy with no problems. My rival gave me no difficulties as well. In ilex forest I caught a metapod (peapod). I stopped at the daycare and dropped of spears and Sandy. Megs evolved into a bayleef and lambchop evolved into a flaafy. Right now I am training to fight Whitney.
    Team
    Megs lv18
    Teeth lv 16
    Rocky lv 18
    Lambchop lv 16
    Pc
    Peapod lv 5
    Toga lv 1
    Deceased
    Rocky
    NightOwl
    Daycare
    Spears lv 13
    Sandy lv 11
    completed challenge
    leaf green scramble

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven'

Update 5!!!!!

-I got Krabby(Betsy) as my Cherrygrove City encounter. Also you are awesome if you know where I got the name for my Krabby from :P
    -I got Poliwag(Lollipop) as my Violet City encounter
    -My Geodude(Ricter) died to some random trainer with a Girafarig in the Ruins of Alph. T_T R.I.P Ricter
    -Good news is that using all those repels in the Union cave paid off cause I got a Lapras(Aurora) as my Union Cave encounter.
    -Took a while but beat Chuck without a death.

Current Team

Quilava(Tiamat) Lv.30

Gloom(Flora) Lv. 28

Golbat(Dracula) Lv. 28

Heracross(Breaker) Lv. 28

Eevee(Ailester) Lv. 28

Lapras(Aurora) Lv. 27

PC
    Rattata(Tail) Lv. 15
    Krabby(Betsy) Lv. 20
    Poliwag(Lollipop) Lv. 24

Dead
    Caterpie(Flutter) Lv. 4
    Mareep(Electra) Lv. 6-7
    Togepi(Lucky) Lv. 1-2
    Mareep(Cotton) Lv. 1-14
    Gastly(Spirit) Lv. 3-14
    Rattata(Nibble) Lv. 2-14
    Geodude(Ricter) Lv. 3-24

I beat Whitney, but lost Teeth. Then while battling suddowoodo II got him down to very little health with Megs but then he used flail and Megs died. I caught him and named him megsbane. I proceeded to the next route and caught a stantler (Dasher). After that I started training some more.
    Team
    Spears lv 20
    Rocky lv 22
    Lambchop lv 20
    Megsbane lv 20
    Dasher lv 19
    Pc
    Peapod lv 5
    Toga lv 1
    Deceased
    Megs
    Teeth
    Rocky
    NightOwl
    Daycare
    Princess
    Sandy
    completed challenge
    leaf green scramble

Update 6!!!!!!

-Caught a Magikarp(Basalisk) as my Route 40 encounter
    -Caught a Quagsire(Patrick) as my Cliff Cave encounter(I should have used repel and had a level 23 in my lead so I can guarentee a Steelix but I did not feel like training up any of my PC Pokemon)
    -Caught a Growlithe(Kirin) as my Route 68 encounter
    -Trained up all my Pokemon
    -Took on Jasmine and I could have beat her sooner but I was afraid my Lapras(Aurora) was slower than her Steelix and that it would knock me out before I could Surf it to death. But I still beat her with 0 casualties

Current Team

Typhlosion(Tiamat) Lv.37
    -->
    Gloom(Flora) Lv. 34

Crobat(Dracula) Lv. 34

Heracross(Breaker) Lv. 34

Eevee(Ailester) Lv. 34

Lapras(Aurora) Lv. 34

PC
    Rattata(Tail) Lv. 15
    Krabby(Betsy) Lv. 20
    Poliwag(Lollipop) Lv. 24
    Magikarp(Basalisk) Lv. 20
    Quagsire(Patrick) Lv. 20
    Growlithe(Kirin) Lv. 25
    Flaaffy(Virgil) Lv. 15
    Geodude(Dudette) Lv. 21

Dead
    Caterpie(Flutter) Lv. 4
    Mareep(Electra) Lv. 6-7
    Togepi(Lucky) Lv. 1-2
    Mareep(Cotton) Lv. 1-14
    Gastly(Spirit) Lv. 3-14
    Rattata(Nibble) Lv. 2-14
    Geodude(Ricter) Lv. 3-24

Update 7!!!!!!!

-Got Flaaffy(Virgil) as my Route 43 encounter.
    -Got Geodude(Dudette) as my Team Rocket HQ encounter
    -I accidentally ran into a wild magikarp at the Lake of Rage because I forgot to put up my repels so I could not get my Shiny Gyarados
    -My Quilava evolved into Typhlosion
    -Beat Pryce VERY easily lol I just slapped Choice Specs on Typhlosion and Lava Plumed away. Pryce really should have put Water type moves on his Dewgong and Seel haha
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 8th January 2013 at 4:04 AM.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast