Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: 4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Hey! Remember me?

This might be a tad awkward to introduce, but remember my first Nuzlocke, SoulSilver? Well, for old times' sake, I've started a new Nuzlocke- but this time in the Kanto arc. That means:

-I must deposit all of my old team. Any Pokemon that was on my final Johto team will be deposited to make way for Kanto's team.
    -Except for one- my choice being Crunky the Flaafy, nickname changed to Raiden for this arc- I must start fresh. Every Johto-caught Pokemon is off limits, aside from him and HM/Headbutt users.
    -I can, however, return to Johto to train if I need to.
    -All other standard Nuzlocke rules apply.
    -Dupes and shiny clause is on. I may choose not to catch something I've already caught in Johto.

Naturally, I haven't made much progress at all with this run. I've been going around parts of the region, catching Pokemon. So far, I've decided on four team members. I'll train them to level 40-50 before moving on.

EDIT: Well then, looks like I'm breaking the 'only one Johto Pokemon' rule already! While training Orpheus near Violet City, I ran into and caught a shiny Bellsprout! I called her Isabelle, and decided to put her on my team. Thankfully she was nowhere near as stressful to catch as Osiris- it just took me one Ultra Ball.

EDIT: And already, I've had my first death... While grinding, Mowi got a crit on an Anger Point Tauros. You can probably guess the result. So I replaced her with an Impish Wurmple named Spyke, who evolved into Beautifly, and picked up Poppy the Slakoth from Route 25. I plan to continue training them today.

However, Raiden evolved at last, as did Isabelle! (Then Orpheus did.)

EDIT: I finished my grinding with no further fatalities, though I did replace Orpheus with Rocket the Magcargo. She's probably my most ironic catch, being a Timid Magcargo who's quick to flee. I plan to start Kanto tomorrow.

I got the Machine Part back, at least- I managed to take out the Rocket Grunt's Golbat easily with Raiden. However, now that I look at the gym leaders' levels, I'm thinking I should train to at least level 50 (55 for Spyke) before I make any more progress.

EDIT: And finally I'm getting somewhere! I fought and caught Lakys the Snorlax, and went through to Pewter. I fought through and made my way to Mt Moon, where I was surprised by my rival. The battle wasn't bad, actually- Rookie took out Sneasel in two Returns, Raiden took out Feraligatr with two Discharges (it was paralysed, potentially saving Raiden, as he hit half-health), Alakazam was taken out with a Bug Buzz from Spyke (it used Reflect kind of stupidly) Golbat fell to Raiden's Discharge, Rookie OHKO'd Magneton with Earthquake. I thought Gengar would be tough, but I paralysed it with Isabelle, switched to Rocket while it couldn't move, and weakened it with Fire Blast. It lived... And promptly fainted itself with Curse. Good job, Silver.

I'll start on the gyms once I've discovered every town.

EDIT: Quick update: thanks to Sinnoh Sound, I caught a Buizel called Banzai on Route 22. I began training him- Rookie's cool, but Rocket can cover the Pikachu and Charizard, and a little extra power would be useful. Then I somehow accidentally pulled off the ledge glitch, so Raiden ended up vanishing. Just thought you might like to know.

EDIT: Brock is down! It was actually a pretty easy battle- Banzai and Isabelle were all I needed to take him down. I led with Banzai against his Graveller, Onix and Rhyhorn, all of which he OHKO'd with Surf. Isabelle took a hard hit from Kabutops' Rock Slide, but she was able to take it and Omastar down capably with Leaf Blade.

Misty was slightly trickier. Raiden's Discharge didn't quite KO Golduck, so she switched to Quagsire while I sent out Isabelle. After that, however, Raiden handled the rest with relative ease.

Team so far:
    Raiden (m), level 54
    Isabelle (f), level 53
    Spyke (m), level 56
    Poppy (f), level 52
    Rocket (f), level 54
    Banzai (m), level 53

Deaths:
    Mowi (f), level 26 (destroyed by an Anger Point Tauros)
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 28th February 2017 at 12:32 AM.
    FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke- Current Team:

- - - - -
    Magnus - Brom - Spitfire - Pyrrhon - Rocco - Kindred
    Deaths: 1

Hello guys i finished my pokemon black nuzlocke so i am starting a nuzlocke on diamond! basically i did all the intro stuff and got my starter named Randy and then a Starly named Astra and then a Shinx named diana yay shinx! then while grinding a bit Astra got critted by another starly R.i.P thats my first post thanks for reading! Not trying to sound mean but this nuzlocke really likes to give me girl pokemon for some reason! aside from randy.

Randy Level 8

Diana Level 4

Reserved:
    None

Dead:
    Astra Level 3-3

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233