Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

WELL THEN. Lost to the very first gym with bellsprout, totodile, and sentret.

I'm going to go hang my head and shame and try again some other time.

That's Captain lead developer to you.

I've decided to jump into the fray with my very first TRUE Nuzlocke Challenge. I've been training on a mock version of Nuzlocke from my White 2 version (where I experimented with a three strikes program), and decided to start a Nuzlocke Challenge on my new HeartGold version that my sister gave to me as a hand-me-...up. I'm actually really excited for this, and decided to settle on some basic rules to start the Nuzlocke Challenge.

RULES:
    1) Knocked out Pokemon shall be BOXED, not released (I'm still can't stand releasing pokemon).
    2) Have to catch the first pokemon that I meet on each route.
    3) Duplicates clause is in effect, only pertaining to pokemon that I have pokedex data on (so the Poke Ball will be my guide).
    4) Replacements will be decided by a random number generator from Pokemon in the PC.
    5) Challenge will end at Victory Road, will take on Elite Four/Battle Tower without Nuzlocke rules.
    6) CLAUSES: Shiny clause in effect, No-legendary clause in effect, No Master Ball clause in effect, and Poke Ball Start clause in effect.

With the rules set, I start off on my journey. I name my character Adrien, and go through the introductory steps of the game. When I get to Prof. Elm's office, I ask my brother to choose a number between 1-3. 1 was Chikorita, 2 was Cyndaquil, and 3 was Totodile. My brother chooses 2, so I pick Cyndaquil to be my starter, and to my surprise, I get a girl! I've tried to start normal Pokemon campaigns where my starter was a girl, and I had to reset my game 10 times in that instance to get a female starter. This is certainly a sign of good luck. I decide to name her Quilma.

After going through the opening chores of the game (going to Mr. Pokemon's house, seeing the running guy of Cherrygrove City, saying hi to Prof. Oak, etc.) I officially head off on my journey. On Route 29, I encounter my first pokemon partner, a Pidgey. I capture it with ease, and am amazed to find that it is of Adamant nature. A female starter, the best possible first capture, beating my rival with absolute ease (I completely forgot his name...oh well), this run through couldn't have started any better.

I then realize that there are a quite a few different areas to explore before going up against Falkner, so I go on a tear, capturing every Pokemon that I could legally get. This includes...

Geodude - Route 46 - Grumpy
    Metapod - Route 30 - Promethea
    Caterpie - Route 31 - Silkea - While I had the Pokedex entry for Metapod, I didn't have it availble for Caterpie, so this qualified.
    Zubat - Dark Cave - Zumos - Here, I ran into 5 Geodudes in a row before finding a Zubat. It was a rare instance that I was really happy to find a Zubat.
    Bellsprout - Route 32 - Venus - I was quite sad to find a Bellsprout on the route and not in Sprout Tower. However, it isn't an inconvenience in the slightest.
    Rattata - Sprout Tower - Pepperjack

With a stockpile of Pokemon in my box, my team had begun to flourish. I decided to implement to a 4-pokemon plan. This helps me focus training onto a few specific pokemon. With a plethora of training opportunites including Sprout Tower, running around the Ruins, and Wade the Bug Catcher/Berry finder, I go to the Violet City gym and defeat Faulkner with absolute ease. Grumpy solos the gym by himself, but he had some fantastic help waiting for him in the wings. After I leave the gym, I get a call from Prof. Elm. Apparently the Mystery Egg that I received for Prof. Elm in my boring opening chores section is my last present from home. Even though I knew that this was going to happen, I'm still excited none-the-less. After receiving the egg (and getting a creepy stare from a Kimono girl), I go to the Pokemon Center to type up my opening day.

Team:

Quilava (Quilma) - Female/Sassy - Lvl 14 - New Bark Town
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Quick Attack
    - Ember

Geodude (Grumpy) - Male/Naive - Lvl 12 - Route 46
    - Rock Throw
    - Defense Curl
    - Rock Polish
    - Rock Smash

Butterfree (Silkea) - Female/Naughty - Lvl 10 - Route 31
    - Tackle
    - Flash
    - Harden
    - Confusion

Pidgey (Pudge) - Male/Adamant - Lvl 9 - Route 29
    - Tackle
    - Sand-Attack
    - Gust
    - Roost

Boxed Pokemon-
    Metapod (Promethea) - Female/Careful - Lvl 4 - Route 30
    Zubat (Zumos) - Male/Mild - Lvl 2 - Dark Cave
    Bellsprout (Venus) - Female/Gentle - Route 32
    Rattata (Pepperjack) - Male/Modest - Sprout Tower

Dead Pokemon-

None...yet.

UPDATE: Chapter 2

Having defeated Faulkner in Violet City, I continue on my quest. It was actually a bit of a longer route than what I realized, but nothing that threatened any of my pokemon. I decided to make a few observations while on Route 31.

Observations
    • Encountered a Ratatta that was holding a Chilean berry. I didn’t even know HG updated the game that way.
    • One of the Fishermen had a Lvl 15 Magikarp. It took me by surprise that someone would have such a high level pokemon, until I realized that it was a Magikarp.
    • With the four pokemon that I have now, I realize that Water pokemon are rather tough to deal with. Especially Goldeen with Peck, who has attacks that are super-effective for three of my four pokemon. Rock pokemon seem to give me some troubles as well. Hopefully I can balance the team without resorting to Venus to replace someone.

At the end of the route, there was a Pokemon Center that had some of the friendliest people in it. A Fisherman gave me an Old Rod, to which I ran back to Violet City and fished myself a Magikarp (nicknamed Queenie)! Another man gave me Lure Balls, which are like pokemon designed for fishing. I used one to catch Magikarp. A third guy told me that 30 pokemon could be stored in each box on the PC. Well...at least he was nice. I then make my way over to Union Cave, where I run into a ton of Geodudes and Zubats. I'm glad that I implemented the duplicate clause, otherwise I'm pretty sure half of my boxed pokemon would be zubats and geodudes. After going up against my fourth geodude, I realize that I forgot a rule that will save me from these pesky landmines in the future.

Rule #7 - Pokemon that faint from Selfdestruct or Explosion are given a second chance at life. I will attempt to run away from pokemon that I know has Selfdestruct or Explosion. If a pokemon is damaged by Selfdestruct/Explosion and faint from a different move, they are still considered dead.

After jogging my memory, I encounter my next partner in Union Cave, a Sandshrew. To continue my luck, this Sandshrew has a Quick Claw on it. I name it Violetta and let her keep the quick claw she has. After leaving Union Cave (nothing all that exciting), I try to find a new pokemon on route 33. Because I'm attempting this at night, there are nothing but Ratatta and Zubats. I then realize that the mystery egg that I was given is about to hatch! Out of the egg pops out...a Togepi! I decide to name it Tristan, and I count it as my Route 33 pokemon.

Reaching Azelea Town, I decide to make a few stops at the Woodcutter's House and at Kurt's House. Kurt runs out the door to confront Team Rocket about them lopping off Slowpoke tails (for 1,000,000 yen each...if they do succeed in selling any at that price, I think they deserve to keep every cent. Who would pay that much for what they advertise as food?), and I decide to follow him. Apparently, he fell down the Slowpoke well (wouldn't that cripple him?), and want me to go in and get Team Rocket. Now, I know that there are Slowpoke in here, but I don't see any. All I see are Zubats and Magikarps. I decide that I will head back here when I can surf. Team Rocket is not a threat to my party (including Proton, one of the silliest names that I can ever imagine. No wonder he joined Team Rocket), and Kurt magically gets better. Perhaps he had a Parlyz heal? Anyway, he takes me back to his house and gives me a few custom Pokeballs. He also offers to make me other pokeballs from Apricorns for free! Sweet, now I have a reason to trek back here now.

With that, the gym is now open. I expected this gym to be rather easy, since three of my four pokemon have moves that are super-effective towards Bug types (Quilma, Grumpy, and Pudge), and Silkea knows Sleep Powder and Confusion, so she can easily hold up her own. Most of the gym is a breeze, but Bugsy was tougher than what I planned for. With Quilma was a Lvl 17, Pudge at Lvl 16, and Grumpy at Lvl 15, I was expecting to roll over Bugsy, but he came out swinging with Scyther. I started the battle with Pudge, and Scyther started wtih a Focus Energy. When I saw how little Gust did to it, I quickly changed out to Quilma. Scyther unleashed a Quick Attack that took out about a third of Quilma's energy. If it were to land a critical hit, I could be done for. Thankfully, Ember was quite useful. Quilma was able to 2HKO Scyther with Ember, and then swept the cocoons with Ember as well. I'm able to exhale. It could've gone better, but my Pokemon performed exceptionally well.

After my duel with Bugsy, I talk to the Woodcutters, and apparently the apprentice has been in the forest looking for the Farfetch'd. After healing up, I decide to go into the forest...but before I enter, my rival (whom I remember now as Miles), shows up looking for a duel. This was a scary duel. It starts off with Pudge going up against Miles' Gastly. Very first move that happens in Mean Look. I'm thankful that Pudge knows both Gust and Roost, otherwise the battle would've never ended. Gastly is disposed of easily, and Miles brings out his biggest threat, Croconaw (Lvl 18). Remember when I said this team is rather weak against Water types? Well, it was rather evident here. I had to bring out Silkea against it, and as soon as I brought it out, I go down to a little bit over half health due to Bite. Ready to use a Super Potion, I use Sleep Powder. It works! Croconaw goes to sleep for a few turns while I use Confusion. It hardly hurts him, but I'm able to get off a few rounds before he wakes up. Croconaw decides to use Scary Face...for the rest of the match. Apparently, he thought that Silkea could be intimidated. He goes down, and I breathe a sigh of relief. This match could've ended my entire run had something happened to Silkea. Miles brings out Zubat, I take it out with Silkea (OHKO), and Miles says that he hates weak things and to get out of his sight...because we are weak...and squishy.

With that mini heart attack out of the way, I decide to heal up back at the Pokemon Center and then go into the forest. I help the apprentice find his Farfetch'd, and go on my merry way. I realize that every pokemon in the forest is a duplicate to what I have, so I teach Grumpy Headbutt and find a Hoothoot in the trees. I name him Insomnia and exit the forest to find...the Pokemon Day Care Center! Hooray! Hypothetically jumping up and down while Lyra (a friend from town) shows me around, I decide to leave Zumos and Violetta at the Day Care and go into Goldenrod City. There, I spend some time at the Game Center, get a decent amount of coins (300ish), and leave to find the Department Store and the Bike Shop. The owner gives me a bike to advertise to the world, and I remember that Professor Elm wanted to see Tristan. I grab the bike and decide to head back to New Bark Town, where I will continue my update after I get back to Goldenrod.

New Pokemon
    Magikarp - Violet City - Queenie
    Sandshrew - Union Cave - Violetta
    Togepi - Route 33 - Tristan
    Hoothoot - Ilex Forest - Imsomnia
    Drowzee - Route 34 - Nightmare

Team:
    Quilava (Quilma) - Female/Sassy - Lvl 19 - New Bark Town
    - Cut
    - Leer
    - Quick Attack
    - Ember

Geodude (Grumpy) - Male/Naive - Lvl 17 - Route 46
    - Magnitue
    - Headbutt
    - Rock Polish
    - Rock Smash

Butterfree (Silkea) - Female/Naughty - Lvl 15 - Route 31
    - Sleep Powder
    - U-Turn
    - Poison Powder
    - Confusion

Pideotto (Pudge) - Male/Adamant - Lvl 19 - Route 29
    - Quick Attack
    - Whirlwind
    - Gust
    - Roost

Boxed Pokemon-
    Metapod (Promethea) - Female/Careful - Lvl 4 - Route 30
    Zubat (Zumos) - Male/Mild - Lvl ?? - Dark Cave (PDC)
    Bellsprout (Venus) - Female/Gentle - Route 32
    Rattata (Pepperjack) - Male/Modest - Sprout Tower
    Magikarp (Queenie) - Female/Lonely - Violet City
    Sandshrew (Violetta) - Female/?? - Lvl ?? - Union Cave (PDC)
    Togepi (Tristan) - Male/Gentle - Lvl 1 - Hatched Route 33
    Hoothoot (Imsomnia) - Male/Calm - Lvl 8 - Ilex Forest
    Drowzee (Nightmare) - Male/Careful - Lvl 10 - Route 34

Dead Pokemon-

None...yet.

Next Update will be soon!

Quick quesion - Can someone remind me about spoilers and pokemon thumbnail pics? I would love to add those so that these updates don't take up a whole page in the forums.
    Last edited by Crazed_Puppeteer; 26th May 2013 at 11:04 PM.

Started off at a loss this time, as i lost Rumbles while leveling up Bloodbath. After putting Oaklynd in Rumbles place i headed off to face Roark. Skipper swept the gym with no problem, but i accidently kept it from evolving after the battle. Taught Oaklynd Rock Smash and headed into the lower levels of Oreburgh Gate. Once i got out and back to Jubilife i got Skipper to evolve against the Galactic Grunts. Nothing Special happened then, until The Windworks. Here i caught a Pachirisu named Patches at level 11 . I then proceeded to train everyone upto level 15, or level 16 in Scarecrows case. with Speedy and Scarecrow evolved, i headed off to save the man in Floaroma Meadow. After saving him and getting some Honey i headed for the honey tree for a new pokemon.

I now wait in the Meadow for the Honey Tree.

Team

Skipper lvl 17
    Speedy lvl 15
    Algea lvl 15
    Patches lvl 11
    BloodBath lvl 15
    Scarecrow lvl 16

Question, Whats the rule of resetting for a Female Combee if i end up getting Combee from the Honey Tree?
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 29th May 2013 at 4:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Puppeteer View Post
    Quick quesion - Can someone remind me about spoilers and pokemon thumbnail pics? I would love to add those so that these updates don't take up a whole page in the forums.
    The spoiler tags are [*SPOILER][/SPOILER], without the asterisk, of course. Is that what you meant? And to add thumbnail Pokemon pics, you click on "Go Advanced" at the bottom of your new post that you're adding and look at the right side of the message screen. There will be a 5x3 block of sprites. Click on "more" and you will see all of the sprites for all of the Pokemon.

Alternatively, you can put the Pokemon's National Dex number in between semicolons, like this ;*151; (without the asterisk), and you'll get your sprite.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Hi guys! I've started yet another Pearl nuzlocke.

~Rules~
    1. Nickname all Pokemon
    2. Box all fainted Pokemon
    3. Catch the first encounter anywhere. (No second chances)
    4.Dupes Clause and Shining Clause are in effect

I named myself Wozzy and named my rival Carson. I started out with a piplup who happened to be female. Later she was named Nikki. Got the Pokedex and pokeballs. Later caught Lauren the Starly, Eden the Bidoof, and Bad Boy the Shinx. I lost lauren to a wild Bidoof's Tackle . Later, when I got to Jubilife on the next route I caught Cary the Kricketot. In the cave I caught Corey the Geodude. Got the old rod went back to Twinleaf and caught Karpe Diem the Magikarp. Beat Carson, and caught an Abra named Jose.

Team:
    Nikki f lvl.11 Moves: Pound, Growl, Bubble, Water Sport

Eden f lvl.6 Moves: Tackle, Growl

Cary f lvl.8 Moves: Growl, Bide

Bad Boy m lvl.11 Moves: Tackle, Leer, Charge

Corey m lvl.8 Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl, Mud Sport

Karpe Diem f lvl.5 Moves: Splash

Box: 1

Dead: 1
    Last edited by SnazzySwampert; 2nd June 2013 at 10:49 PM.
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

My heart gold nuzlocke was sad at the elite four, helena (herecross) died! I'm now doing the second half and will update.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

I'm getting some Pokemon games from a friend HG and White. and I'm going to do a Nuzlocke on HG probably . Nicks will be based off characters from Magic the Gathering. and yeah. I'll start posting reslts when I get the games. Stater picks will be rolling a 20 sided dice. 1,5,9,13,17 being Chickorita. 2,6,10,15,18 being Cyndaquil, 3.7,11,16,19 being Totodile and 4,8,12,17,20 being a reroll. But other than that regular Nuzlocke and odds are any "dead" pokes will just be boxed.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

I am thinking about starting my first nuzlocke playthrough and i am wondering weather i should do soul silver or platinum. Those two are my top two games and have been wanting to do one. I would ether pick turtwig or chickorita

OceanicLanturn's
    Heart Gold Nuzlocke

Chapter One: A Rough Start
    This has to be one of the worst possible openings to a hopefully successful nuzlock...
    I started Pokemon Heart Gold Nuzlock. YAY! Hipee! Hipster! Anyways, after learning the ropes, delivering the egg, fighting an seemingly easy battle with my rival, which I later named Silver, a trainwreck of deaths start.

Firstly, I picked Totodile and named him Neptune. Next comes a male Sentret, which I found on Route 29 and named him Multee. Multee looked like it had a bright future, killing many stuff. Little did the poor little Sentret know what would come. I then proceeded to Route 46, catching a female Geodude called Terra to help me in the upcoming gym battle. On Route 30, I caught a male Caterpie which I named Free, and I had hoped it would become a Butterfree. Anyways, on the same route, the first death happened. The most humiliating thing was to lose Multee to a stupid Rattata's CRITICAL HIT TACKLE, from Youngster Joey's, no less. Soon, Free died thanks to another Rattata, no I have an urge to gotta kill them all. On Route 31, I caught a Bellsprout, but didn't nickname because I was too lazy to, and because it would soon be gone. On the first level of Dark Cave, I defeated a Zubat, thus barring me from catching anything on the first level. I have zero regrets. In Violet City, I went on and traded Bellsprout for Rocky, and yay, ended up with a Lv. 3, a bit too overgrown Onix which I boxed. When I decided to take a detour and train Terra a bit, and headed south to Route 32. That was where I met Hoppip, which I named Cotton Man. Little did I know that Terra would soon die to a stupid Bellsprout. So now I am left with Cotton Man and Neptune. It is now the prime time, to take Rocky out of the rotting box, and... IT'S GRINDING TIME! After much grinding (god), I decided to dump Cotton Man into the box and take on the Bellsprout Tower with... Totodile of course. After learning Bite, it bit every Bellsprout it can see and totally pwned it. I also caught Aria the Gastly, which I quickly dumped because... it only knows Lick. I then proceeded to beat Falkner with an disobedient, overleveled Onix. Even if he disobeyed, it was an easy win. Anyways, continued down Route 32 while grinding along the way. I went inside the Union Cave and caught myself Gaia the Sandshrew, before leaving the cave and saving.

Spoiler:- The Team:

Spoiler:- Backups:

Spoiler:- Dead:

More updates ocming !
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 9th June 2013 at 8:44 AM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

OceanicLanturn's
    Heart Gold Nuzlocke

Chapter Two: Wheezing Past the Johto Gyms
    After a disastrous beginning, things start to pick up for the better.
    Passing the Union Cave, I arrived at Route 33. Being a rather short route, I settled my capture with Skylife the Spearow. After reaching Azalea City, I boxed Gaia as Rocky filled the 'ground type' spot for my team. Next, I proceeded to Slowpoke Cave and after fighting the grunts there, settled wit a Slowpoke called Derpina (it's a female, you see?) as well as evolved Neptune. After clearing away the annoying grunts from the equally annoying Team Rocket, I proceeded to fight Bugsy, the gym leader of the town who doesn't give two cents about poor Slowpoke's tail being chopped off. So I whipped him in a battle using Rocky. After that, as I proceeded south, I met my rival, and we had a battle. During the battle, Skylife sacrificed itself to heal my Onix. Bye Skylife. As I proceeded into Ilex Forest, I got myself Spore the Paras and boxed both Spore and Derpina as backups. On my way to the Pokemon Centre, the egg hatched and revealed itself to be a beautiful little Togepi, which I named Grace.

After crossing a forest full-of-Caterpie and a weird headbutt man which I taught Togepi Headbutt to, I set foot on Route 34 and met Lyra's sort-of-pervertic grandparents. On that route, I caught myself a Drowzee named Sleepy. I avoided the trainers as it would prove to be useful training for the next team member which I plan to get. Quickly rushing to Goldenrod Department Store, I traded Sleepy for a Machop whose name is Muscle and then returned to Route 34 to clean up some trainers as well as beat everyone in the Underground Route.

Finally, I got my Radio Card, made Whitney go back to her gym. Easily, I swept her entire gym with Muscle, and I OHKO'd Whitney's infamous Miltank with Muscle's Critical Hit Low Kick. The Miltank must've felt that one.

Spoiler:- The Team:

Spoiler:- Backups:

Spoiler:- Dead:

More updates ocming !

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Starting my Platinum Nuzlocke Today:

Chapter 1: The Coal Badge

-Since my Trainer ID. ended in 3 I started with Turtwig
    -I caught a Starly Lv. 2 at Lake Verity
    -I am playing with Dupe clause implemented so that means no getting the same Pokemon(Not counting evolution lines). So say I have a Starly that hasn't evolved for some reason and I run into a wild Staravia as my first encounter that will still count.
    -I caught a Bidoof Lv. 3 at Route 202
    -I caught a Wurmple Lv. 4 as my Route 204 encounter
    -Beta my Wurmple evolved into Cascoon at Lv. 7
    -I caught a Zubat Lv. 4 as my Ravaged Path encounter
    -Ran into an Abra as my Route 203 encounter but it manged to teleport away, so no encounter for me
    -I caught a Geodude as my Oreburgh Gate encounter
    -I caught a Onix as my Oreburgh Mine encounter
    -Beta my Cascoon evolved at Lv.10 into a Dustox
    -I caught a Ponyta as my Route 207 encounter
    -Spitfire my Ponyta unfortunately died to a critical from a Machop on Route 207 when I was training her(R.I.P)
    -I defeated Roark without a causality and got my Coal Badge . I have to give a shoutout the the M.V.P(Most Valuable Pokemon) of the battle which was my Terra

Current Team

Terra , Met at Route 201 at Lv. 5, Quirky, Overgrow

Velocia , Met at Lake Verity at Lv. 2, Naive, Keen Eye

/

Overbuck , Met at Route 202 at Lv. 3, Impish, Unaware

Beta , Met at Route 204 at Lv. 4, Hardy, Shield Dust

/

Granite , Met at Oreburgh Gate at Lv. 5, Quiet, Sturdy

/

In PC

Spoiler:- Info:

Deceased

Spoiler:- R.I.P:
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 23rd June 2013 at 9:45 PM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

caught my Combee from the honey tree last week, but hadnt done anything else till today.

started off with heading straight for the Windworks, where Scarecrow took out the Galactic Grunts. He also took out mars zubat before i switched into Speedy. I thenn switched out to skipper and back to Speedy so Purugly would be double intimidated. Once galactic was gone i headed up route 205 and grabbed a Shellos named . Upon entering Eterna Forest Bloodbath fainted to a trainers Pachirisu, but since Cheryl healed him after i left him alone. i also caught a wurmple named Bugsy in the forest. Upon exiting the forest i healed and went off to route 211. Caught a Meditite named Olivia there and KO'd a geodude in Mt. Coronet. After a few level ups, Bloodbath and i headed for the gym. He swept the whole gym up till gardenia's Cherubi. Bloodbath got leech seeded and i switched him out for Algea. Algea and Roserade Stun spored each other, before i brought Bloodbath Back out. Bloodbath then proceeded to finish it off. Bloodbath Evolved after the battle. Headed next to the Sinnoh Underground hoping for a Fossil. When that failed i headed for the Galactic Building. During the Jupiter fight Scarecrow OHKO'd zubat. then i switched Algea in to paralyze Skuntank, then switched to speedy for intimidate, then to Bloodbath for Cofuse ray, then back to Speedy to finish it. Took 3 Super Potions during the fight as well.

Got the Bike and the Togepi Egg from Cynthia then saved.

Team

Skipper lvl 21
    Speedy lvl 21
    Algea lvl 20
    BloodBath lvl 22
    Scarecrow lvl 20
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 12th July 2013 at 4:20 PM.

Started a Heartgold Nuzlocke yesterday. This is my 1st nuzlocke and lets see how it goes!
    MAJOR EVENTS
    - Chose Chikorita as my starter
    - Went to Mr. Pokemon's and battle Rival
    - Caught Rattata on Route 29
    - Caught Geodude in Dark cave
    - Caught Spinarak Route 31
    -Caught Bellsprout on Route 30
    - Caught Wooper Route 32
    -Beat Falkner easily with Geodude
    - Beat Team Rocket and Bugsy easily
    -Beat Rival again

Team
    Bayleef Lv.17 (Leaf)
    Geodude Lv.17 (Rock)
    Spinarak Lv. 13(Spider)
    Wooper lv. 14 (Fish)
    Mysterious Egg
    Bellsprout Lv. 3 (Using for Cut in Ilex Forest)

Box
    Unown E Lv. 5 (E)

Dead
    Rattata Lv. 4-7 (Stick) died to a critical hit from a Bellsprout in Sprout Tower.

Right now on my HG Nuzlocke, I'm training up to beat Clair. I have an Aipom! Training on the route beneath Blackthorn. I evolved my Golbat into a Crobat and my Togepi into a Togetic. Trying to get a leaf stone or sun stone for my Gloom. Give me your suggestions on who I should evolve it into.

My Team:

Fritata (Crobat) lvl.34 Item: Amulet Coin
    Careful Nature, Inner Focus
    Moves: U-Turn, Shadow Ball, Fly, Air Cutter

Sour Patch (Aipom) lvl.12 Item: EXP. Share
    Serious Nature, Pickup
    Moves: Scratch, Baton Pass, Sand-Attack, Astonish

Cake (Slowking) lvl.38 Item: Mystic Water
    Modest Nature, Oblivious
    Moves: Focus Punch, Surf, Zen Headbutt, Blizzard

NuttrButtr (Typhlosion) lvl.36 Item: Charcoal
    Modest Nature, Blaze
    Moves: Swift, Flame Wheel, Quick Attack, Lava Plume

Oreo (Glaceon) lvl.33 Item: NeverMeltIce
    Hasty Nature, Snow Cloak
    Moves: Hail, Iron Tail, Blizzard, Strength

Apricot (Gloom) lvl.37 Item: Miricle Seed
    Naughty Nature, Chlorophyll
    Moves: Mega Drain, Bullet Seed, Acid, Lucky Chant

Post your suggested movesets for my team!

Box: 22

Dead:3
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

Continuing from where I left off...

Chapter 2: The Forest Badge

-Beta my Dustox unfortunately died to Fury Swipes from the Grunts in Floraroma Meadow Stunky(R.I.P)
    -Velocia my Starly evolved into a Staravia at Lv. 14
    -Caught Buizel as my Route 205 encounter
    -Overbuck my Bidoof evolved into Bibarel at Lv. 15
    -Caught Drifloon as my Valley Windworks encounter
    -Terra my Turtwig evolved into Grotle at Lv. 18
    -Granite my Geodude unfortunately died from a Hidden Power from an Abra in Eterna Forest(R.I.P)
    -Caught Budew as my Eterna Forest Encounter
    -Caught Meditite as my Route 211 encounter
    -Caught Bronzor as my Mt. Coronet encounter
    -I defeated Gardenia without a causality and got my Forest Badge. I have to give another shout out the the M.V.P of the battle which was my Terra again

Current Team

Velocia , Met at Lake Verity at Lv. 2, Naive, Intimidate

/

Seabiscut , Met at Route 205 at Lv. 10, Lax, Swift Swim

Helio , Met at Valley Windworks at Lv. 15, Docile, Unburden

/

Nirvana , Met at Route 211 at Lv. 13, Impish, Pure Power

/

Zol O, Met at Mt. Coronet at Lv. 14, Relaxed, Heat Proof

/

In PC

Deceased

Badges

Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 24th June 2013 at 5:39 AM.

Third times the Charm...

Chapter 3: The Relic Badge

-Caught a Rotom as my Old Chateau encounter
    -Caught a Combee as my Floraroma Meadow encounter but unfortunately it's male...
    -Unfortunately Seabiscuit my Buizel died from a confusion from a Kadabra in the Team Galactic Eterna City building(R.I.P)
    -Caught Gible as my Wayward Cave encounter
    -Ran into Machop as my Route 206 encounter but accidentally clicked "Run" so no encounter for me
    -Unfortunately Nirvana my Meditite died from a Selfdestruct from a wild Geodude(R.I.P)
    -Hatched Togepi as my Cynthia encounter
    -Got Eevee as my Hearthome City encounter
    -Lost Legion my Eevee to a training session to a Buneary's Frustration(R.I.P)
    -I defeated Fantina without a causality and received the Relic Badge. Looks like Terra was the M.V.P again! What can I say that Bite came in handy.

Current Team

/

/

Sparky O, Met at Old Chateau at Lv. 20, Modest, Levitate

/

In PC

Deceased

Badges

Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 30th June 2013 at 5:27 PM.

New chapter new day

Chapter 4: The Cobble Badge

-Caught a Magikarp as my Route 219 encounter
    -Atlantis my Magikarp evolved into a Gyarados at Lv. 20
    -Caught a Spritomb as my Route 209 encounter
    -Caught an Unown as my Solaceon Ruins encounter
    -Terra my Grotle evolved into Torterra at Lv. 32
    -Caught Graveler as my Route 214 encounter
    -Caught Houndour as my Valor Lakefront encounter
    -Caught Abra as my Route 215 encounter
    -Lucifer my Houndour evolved into a Houndoom at Lv. 28
    -Defeated Maylene without a casualty and received the Cobble Badge. I have to give a shout out to the M.V.P of the battle which was my Sparky

Current Team

/

/

/

/

Atlantis , Met at Route 219 at Lv. 11, Careful, Intimidate

/

Lucifer , Met at Valor Lakefront at Lv. 27, Hasty, Early Bird

/

In PC

Deceased

Badges

Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 4th July 2013 at 11:47 PM.

Hey Peeps! I started a Platinum Nuzlocke yesterday. Thought I'd document it. So here we go!

Rules:

Fainted Pokemon get the box
    Nickname all pokemon
    Catch only the first pokemon you encounter in an area.
    Dupes Clause and Shiny Clause in effect. (Because shinies are precious! :P)

Pokemon in Party:

Aidan Lv 15: Starter

Nala Lv 13: Route 202

Pop Lv 7 (Placeholder): Route 204

Houdini Lv 7 (In training): Route 203

Adam Lv15: Oreburgh Mine

Buffy Lv 5 (Placeholder): Oreburgh Gate

Pokemon in PC:

Twilight the Ponyta Lv 6: Rloute 207

Bill the Psyduck Lv 5: Ravaged Path (Will be my water type if I don't find a Buizel.)

Deaths: None so far!

I beat Roark with no problems thanks to Adam's Rock Smash. (I didn't get Bill til after I beat him because I forgot about Ravaged path blegh! I am now in Floaroma Town and ready to kick some Galactic butt! Also got to train Houdini he is seriously underleveled!
    Last edited by ~Silver Aura~; 4th July 2013 at 12:52 AM.

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Surfs up!

Chapter 5: The Fen Badge

-Caught Aipom as my Route 208 encounter
    -Got Porygon as my Veilstone City encounter
    -Got Shellos as my Route 213 enounter
    -Got Tropius as my Great Marsh encounter
    -Zol my Bronzor evolved into Bronzong
    -Velocia my Staravia evolved into Staraptor
    -Got Quagsire as my Route 212 encounter
    -Got Roselia as my Trophy Garden encounter
    -Defeated Crasher Wake without a casualty and received the Fen Badge. I have to give a shout out to the M.V.P of the battle which was my Zol

Current Team

/

/

/

/

/

/

In PC

Deceased

Badges

Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 4th July 2013 at 11:59 PM.

I've been chugging along nicely on my HeartGold Nuzlocke Challenge, I haven't touched a Pokemon related game in almost six months except for events on B2W2, and I suddenly had an itch to play one. Seeing as I recently bought a copy of HG on eBay to complete my collection, I figured that would be the best game to start with.

Booted up the game, chose Totodile, Adamant nature to boot, named him Henry. On the way to Cherrygrove, caught a Geodude named Everest and a Spearow named Beaker, added them to the team. Outside of Violet, added a Bellsprout named Venus, later caught a Gastly in Sprout Tower named Mustard, and grinded them up to acceptable levels. Defeated Falkner rather easily, without using Geodude I might add, Totodile at Lv. 13 did a swell job with Bite. Hatched the Togepi egg, Serene Grace on the first try, and named it Scrambled. Added him to the team, grinded it up a bit, and headed on my way. Caught a Zubat in Union Cave named Batgirl, and made it to Azelea Town.

The Rocket takeover of Slowpoke Well provided absolutely no challenge for Scrambled and his Extrasensory, beat my rival handily too, and grinded my team up some more before facing Bugsy. With my entire team at Lv. 17, I challenged him/her. Boy, I always underestimate the power of that Scyther. One Focus Energy, and a critical Quick Attack and U-Turn, and both Beaker and Venus were dead. Everest came up and cleaned up, but I was not happy. After beating Falkner so easily without relying on Everest, I figured I could do the same against Bugsy, but I was sadly mistaken. After saying my goodbyes to Venus and Beaker, I headed on my way.

After learning to use Headbutt, I caught an Aipom on Route 33 named Chiquita, adding her to the team, and made it to Goldenrod. Sold a lot of junk at the Dept. Store, got a shiny new Bicycle, and trained my team up to Lv. 21. Whitney was a breeze this time, by using a combination of sleep and Charm from Scrambled, her Miltank was easy. Scrambled evolved after the battle, and both Henry and Batgirl evolved later. Tried the Bug Catching Contest hoping for a Scyther, caught a Beedrill instead. I didn't even place, the guy that won caught a Paras, and he beat two others with Pinsirs.

Beat some of the trainers on the way to Ecruteak, knocked out the Sudowoodo, and beat the Rocket Grunt in exchange for HM Surf. Beat my Rival in the Burnt Tower, caught a Koffing while hoping for a Magmar, and grinded my team to Lv. 26. Chiquita made short work of Gengar, thanks to Astonish and Tickle, while both Haunters were KO'd by Scrambled.

Now I'm climbing Shining Lighthouse, and Mustard has just evolved at Lv. 29 after finally learning Shadow Ball. Good thing too, I was getting tired of Night Shade. Boxed Everest because using Geodude in nearly every Nuzlocke gets boring, and I'm hoping for a Growlithe outside the Safari Zone, I could really use a Fire type for Jasmine and Pryce.

Team

- Henry Lv. 30
    - Mustard Lv. 30
    - Batgirl Lv. 30
    - Chiquita Lv. 29
    - Scrambled Lv. 29

Dead

- Beaker Lv. 4 - 17
    - Venus Lv. 3 - 17
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 5th July 2013 at 10:50 PM.

Well I defeated the Galactic Grunts and Mars with very little trouble (Nala evolved in the process.) and caught my self a Bidoof (Derpy Paws) and Drifloon (Kokuro) tried to catch a Burmy that I attracted to the tree in Floaroma Meadow but it used all it's Protects and Struggled it's self to death. : P Then went to Eterna forest. Nearly caught a Budew but.....that Chansey! Made it to Eterna City and caught a Chingling (Ding) in Route 211. Deposited Buffy and Pop (Now a Dustox) and withdrew Bill and Kokuro. Defeated Gardenia fairly easily and got my second badge. Then stormed the Galactic Building.

I defeated Juniper but not without losing Adam. Ithought he would be able to take Skuntank's Night Slash but apparently not. I got the Togepi egg from Cynthia and am now training my pokemon. Houdini finally evolved! Yay he is now usable!

Pokemon in Party:

Aidan Lv 21: Starter

Nala Lv 18: Route 202

Bill Lv17 Ravaged Path

Houdini Lv18: Route 203

Kokuro Lv 18: Vally Windworks

Egg: From Cynthia

Pokemon in PC:

Pop the Dustox Lv 10: Route 204
    Buffy the Zubat Lv 5: Oreburgh Gate
    Twilight the Ponyta Lv 6: Rloute 207
    Derpy Paws the Bidoof Lv 10 Route 205 (Helper Pokemon (HM Slave to pretty much everyone else :P))
    Ding the Chinling Lv 16: Route 211

Deaths: Adam the Geodude Lv 4 - Lv 18: Oreburgh Mine

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

More than half way done!

Chapter 6: The Mine Badge

-I caught Burmy as my Route 210 encounter
    -I caught Psyduck as my Twinleaf Town encounter
    -I caught Wingull as my Route 220 encounter
    -I caught Tentacruel as my Route 221 encounter
    -I caught Magmar as my Fuego Ironworks encounter
    -Defeated Byron without a causality and received the Mine Badge. I have to give a shout out to the M.V.P of the battle which was my Terra.
    Current Team

/

/

/

/

/

/

In PC

Deceased

Badges

Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 21st July 2013 at 4:06 PM.

I finished my HeartGold Nuzlocke challenge, but not happily I might add. After catching a Growlithe by the Safari Zone, and evolving most of the team, things were going great until Blackthorn City. My Arcanine was killed by a Seadra, a Brine attack critted and KO'd it at full HP. I went on to beat Clair with Scrambled, but I was torn over the loss of Arcanine, who had just evolved, I might add. Spent quite a bit of time at the Pokeathlon for a Fire Stone.

After beating Clair, defeating the Kimono Girls, and KOing Ho-oh (I'll come back for it later), it was on to the Pokemon League. Seeing as I had 5 Pokemon, I just grinded them up a bit higher rather than add a 6th Pokemon. I had little to no trouble with the Elite Four, sweeping all of them quite easily. Lance was a different story however. Last time on a Nuzlocke on SoulSilver, I made it all the way to Lance, only to be defeated by his Dragonite's, and ultimately lose the Nuzlocke challenge.

Thankfully, this time was different. Almost. Gyarados, Aerodactyl, and Charizard were and always are easy to take down, its his stupid Dragonites that cause problems. The biggest problem was that I forgot about Inner Focus, and sent in Chiquita with guns blazing with Fake Out, only to be killed by Outrage. I was in shock, my MVP from the Kimono Girls was down, I couldn't believe it. So close to the end, and nothing. I powered through, and destroyed the remaining two Dragonites with Henry and Scrambled, and was finally crowned Champion.

After the credits rolled, I hit the road for Kanto, beat most of the trainers traveling around for EXP, not to mention catching an Electabuzz at the Power Plant. Beat all of the Gym Leaders quite easily, including Gary, and saved. This is my final team:

- Henry L60
    Met at L5, New Bark Town
    Adamant nature
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Fang
    -Crunch
    -Surf

- Scrambled L59
    Hatched at L1, Violet City
    Gentle nature
    -Extrasensory
    -Ancientpower
    -Yawn
    -Charm

- Mustard L59
    Met at L3, Sprout Tower
    Modest nature
    -Shadow Ball
    -Dream Eater
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hypnosis

- Taijutsu L59
    Met at L14, Mt. Mortar
    Adamant nature
    -Cross Chop
    -Strength
    -Rock Tomb
    -Dynamicpunch

- Outlet L59
    Met at L16, Route 10
    Naughty nature
    -Thunder Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Brick Break
    -Thunderbolt

Dead (RIP)

- Beaker L3 - L17
    Killed by Gym Leader Bugsy's Scyther
    - Venus L5 - L17
    Killed by Gym Leader Bugsy's Scyther
    - PackLeader L20 - L44
    Killed by Ace Trainer Fran's Seadra
    - Chiquita L11 - L48
    Killed by Pokemon Champion Lance's Dragonite

New game, new adventure, new post!

You may remember me from my HeartGold Nuzlocke adventure that I finished yesterday, well I'm back again, this time to weave a tale of adventure in the Sinnoh region, specifically a Nuzlocke challenge on Pokemon Platinum!

Rules
    1) Faint = Death (I don't release, I put in a box named Grave)
    2) Nickname everything
    3) If I see something I've already caught, too bad

Booted up the game, chose the girl and named her Dawn, and chose Piplup as a starter, named it Benjamin. Defeated my rival, caught some new Pokemon, including a Shinx named Live Wire and a Starly named Starhawk. Grinded them up on the local routes, and found my rival in Jubilife. Did the normal junk, got the Poketch, and was on my way. Defeated my rival quite easily, and grinded some more. Surprisingly I caught an Onix in Oreburgh Mine, which I named SolidSnake. Unfortunately, tragedy struck, sooner than I had imagined. While grinding Starhawk, who was 14EXP from evolution no less, it was killed by an Onix which I forgot learns Rock Throw at L9, not L11 like his brother Geodude. Off to the box he went...

Went to the gym, and defeated Roark with no major issues, Onix and Shinx took care of Cranidos. Afterwards, defeated the Galactic Grunts with Lucas outside Jubilife City, and headed north. Caught a Zubat in Ravaged Path which I named Nightwing, and boxed her for later. Took care of the grunts around the Valley Windworks, and battled Mars. Wasn't as bad as usual, Onix was the MVP, taking Faint Attack like no ones business and firing back a combination of Rock Tomb and Rock Smash.

Headed north to Eterna Forest, where I caught a Buneary named Thumper, went back and grabbed Nightwing, and grinded the entire team up to L22, evolving Nightwing in the process. Beat all the trainers in there, made it out alive, and healed. Then, I hit the Gym, and Nightwing didn't even break a sweat, Wing Attack and Bite flinches made the match a breeze. Caught a Meditite in Mt. Coronet, which I called Dalai Lama. Healed up, and took care of the Galactic Grunts in the building, and got to Jupiter. She was harder than Mars, and caused a few scares with Night Slash crits, but thankfully no one was killed, and Thumper knocked it out with Frustration (which 12 levels later is still very powerful, should I be glad he's strong, or sad he's not happy, I can't decide.)

After the battle, got the Bike, hatched the egg, an Adamant Hustle Togepi which I boxed immediately, the thing is useless, not to mention I just used Togepi on my HeartGold run. Grabbed the Explorer Kit, and headed south down Bicycle Road, hoping for some new captures. Instead I got Geodude, Geodude, and more Geodude. But disaster struck again, this time in the form of Selfdestruct Geodude from a Hiker, killing my Dalai Lama. His death was much more saddening than Starhawk, because I catch a Starly on every, and I mean every Platinum Nuzlocke, meanwhile that was the first Meditite I'd used in a while. Got to Hearthome still with no new captures, but remembered Drifloon from the Windworks, so I changed the date, and went all the way back, and caught it. Named it Helium, and currently I am grinding Helium to the rest of the team's levels in Eterna Forest, soon I'll check out Wayward Cave.

Team

- Benjamin L25
    - Live Wire L25
    - SolidSnake L25
    - Nightwing L25
    - Thumper L25
    - Helium L19

Dead

- Starhawk L3 - 13
    - Dalai Lama L14 - L24

After grinding Helium the Drifloon up to the rest of the teams levels, I grinded up Nightwing the Golbat until it evolved. It happened at L29, after which I healed and hit the gym. The trainers were more difficult than Fantina. Crobat's Bite 2HKO'd her entire team, getting some helpful flinches along the way. Healed up, and beat my rival, he was easy too, haven't had any trouble with him since the first battle when it was a Withdraw/Growl spam marathon.

I knew there were going to be a lot of capture opportunities ahead, so I skipped as many trainers as I could along the way, but the only notable captures were Ninja the Ralts, Landslide the Rhyhorn, and Violet the Roselia, the rest were either useless or multiples. Sadly however, right outside Veilstone City, in the double battle, Helium the Drifloon was struck down in his prime by a crit Faint Attack from a Gligar. He had so much promise...

Now with a free spot on the team, I decided to add Ralts, evolving it all the way to Gallade in a matter of a few minutes. While grinding him around Solaceon Town, disaster struck again, this time against a Counter Heracross in the cabin north of Solaceon. Sadly, my newly evolved Luxray was struck down in his prime. He was my first capture too...

Gym time! Gallade took down the entire gym on his own with his newly learned Psycho Cut, and Maylene too. Three Swords Dances later, and it was OHKO for all three of them. No sweat at all, probably the easiest Gym yet. But the next would prove to be the hardest. I beat every trainer from Veilstone, all the way down through Pastoria, and back up through Hearthome, and Benjamin finally evolved into Empoleon, with my entire team at L35, except for Benjamin (obviously).

I thought I was ready for Crasher Wake, but boy was I wrong. I thought it would be an easy job for Violet, but instead Gyarados flinched her with Waterfall, and couldn't do anything with 30% of her health left. I threw in Vespiquen hoping to get a Toxic in there, but Waterfall critted, and she was dead. Gallade was next, after a Swords Dance, tried a Psycho Cut which did 75%, but was murdered by another critical Waterfall. Lopunny came in and finished it off with Return, but I was distraught from losing both my powerhouse and my tank, Toxic and Defend Order is the best combo since sliced bread. Benjamin slowly whittled down Floatzel with Peck and Brine, and Violet finished off Quagsire quickly.

I let Duchess and Ninja rest in peace in their graves, and saved. Now it's time to regroup, and plan my next move. I think I'll add Porygon from Veilstone City, and the Riolu from Iron Island to the team, those are my best options available.

Team
    - Benjamin L36
    - SolidSnake L35
    - Thumper L35
    - Violet L36

Dead
    L3 - L13
    L14 - L24
    L15 - L28
    L3 - L30
    L15 - L35
    L19 - L35
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 9th July 2013 at 10:10 AM.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast