Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Im back after a month of playing 5th gen games.

Started off this time by replacing Speedy with Oaklynd for tree cutting purposes. I then avoided almost everyone on Cycling Road and dove into the grass on route 206. This route brought me a Gligar named SubZero, while a Brozor named Refella was waiting for me in Wayward Cave. After many, many, many wild encounters while trying to leave i almost lost Skipper and Algea to wild Gibles. Thankfully nothing bad happened and i managed to make it back to Oreburgh. Here in Oreburgh i decided to withdraw SubZero and teach it Earthquake. Skip Ahead next, to Route 208 where i caught a Ralts named Rouge. Brought back Speedy once in Hearthome, and went to train him upto level 23 to match the others. Togepi hatched during the training, but i didnt have the EXP Share yet so he went into the PC. Decided to go back to Eterna next to look for the EXP Share. Along the way i almost lost half my team to a trainers Endeavor'ing Staravia. Managed to save everyone with potions and switching. After searching all of Eterna for the EXP share, i discovered it was in the Cycling road house. While back in Eterna i decided to head over to the Old Chateau and try my luck. Sprayed a repel and ran to Rotoms room only to remember it only appears at night.

I now wait till the next time i play to catch Rotom.

Team

Skipper lvl 23
    Speedy lvl 23
    Algea lvl 23
    BloodBath lvl 23
    Scarecrow lvl 23
    Oaklynd lvl 8

Thanks to the above poster, I can finally finish the tale of my challenge.

After getting the fifth badge, with my newly learned Surf, I went to Fuego Ironworks and caught a Magmar called Celsius. I grinded him up to the rest of the team, and headed to Celestic Town. Unfortunately I was surprised by a trainer with an Aipom that had Aerial Ace, which of course critted and murdered Violet in cold blood. I permaboxed her and got Porygon from the trainer in Veilstone. I named it Glitch, and immediately evolved it into Porygon2.

On the way to Canalave City, I managed to catch a Mr. Mime which I named Jester, and boxed it. Beat my rival, it wasn't too tough, and healed before heading to Iron Island. I bought some Repels before entering the cave, because I wanted the Riolu egg at the end. I grinded my team up to L41 on Iron Island, but disaster struck again, this time Celsius was accidentally killed by a Steelix with wore it down with Sandstorm and critical Dragonbreath. I got the Riolu egg, hatched it, and trained all the way to Lucario, and destroyed the Gym.

Took care of the trouble at the lakes, and headed for Snowpoint City. Managed to make it there unscathed, thank goodness there is a house to heal in, I used it quite a bit. I was hoping for a Sneasel somewhere, but instead got two Snovers and a Swinub. I grinded my team up, and took on Candice with SolidSnake, which took a while thanks to her Froslass and its spamming of Double Team.

I went back to Veilstone to take care of trouble with Team Galactic in their building, and didn't have a lot of trouble with that. Climbing Mt. Coronet was easy too, more Repels made it a much faster climb. Things were going great, I was feeling very confident, until I got to Cyrus. On my last Platinum Nuzlocke, he ended my challenge with his Gyarados. But not today, I was prepared. Most of his pokemon fell to Wolverine and Glitch, but then disaster struck. Benjamin's Ice Beam did a lot of damage to his Honchkrow, but Heat Wave burned me. We were both in the red, so I figured I could Ice Beam again while he healed. I was wrong.... He didn't heal, and Heat Wave'd me instead, leaving me within range of death from the burn damage. I was in shock, my starter, and most reliable pokemon Empoleon was dead, I couldn't believe it. I finished him off, but I was distraught. Outside on Sendoff Spring, I managed to catch a Dusclops, which I added to the team and removed Thumper, who was starting to lose usefulness.

Unfortunately I must continue for the sake of Empoleon, and I did. I made it to Sunyshore City, and caught a Remoraid with the Good Rod. I grinded him up to evolve and then to L50, along with the rest of the team. Steelix was up again for the Gym, but this was much easier than Candice. I bought two X Sp Defs in case his Raichu hit me with Focus Blast, but it missed both times luckily. Soon I got the badge, and started preparing for the Elite Four. I grinded my team to L55 before hitting Victory Road, and made it through easily. With my team at L57, and after stocking up on Hyper Potions and Full Restores, I started the real challenge.

Aaron was easy, SolidSnake set up Curse and took down each of his Pokemon, the only thing close to a threat was Heracross and Close Combat, but it was still quite easy. Bertha was the same, I used Jester this time, setting up Barrier and Substitute, and beating everyone with Magical Leaf and Psychic.

Unfortunately, Flint was different. Wolverine beat Houndoom, and next was Flareon. I sent in Dusknoir to sponge the hit, but disaster struck and Overheat was a critical hit of course. Infernape and Rapidash caused no issues, but Magmortar was too tough. The only ones that could take care of him were Glitch and Jester, but Magmortar killed Jester with a critical Thunderbolt. I sent in Glitch to Discharge it and hope for paralysis, but it just would not happen until about 10 turns later when I wasted a lot of Hyper Potions to stay alive. Finally it was down, thanks to paralysis and Recover, but things could only get worse, and it would.

Lucian was next, and his Mr. Mime was taken out easily. Sadly, the only counter for Gallade I had was Medusa, and she was dead. Everyone then lined up to be murdered one by one by Gallade, and the challenge was over.

I can't believe its over, this is the only game that I nuzlocke and don't always beat the Elite Four, I've done it in every other game.

Team
    - Thumper L51

Dead
    - B52 L3 - L13
    Killed by wild Onix in Oreburgh Mine
    - Dalai Lama L14 - L24
    Killed by Hiker Justin's Geodude
    - Helium L15 - L28
    Killed by Ace Trainer Dennis' Gligar
    - Live Wire L3 - L30
    Killed by Collector Fernando's Heracross
    - Duchess L15 - L35
    Killed by Crasher Wake's Gyarados
    - Ninja L19 - L35
    Killed by Crasher Wake's Gyarados
    - Violet L23 - L38
    Killed by Ace Trainer Alyssa's Aipom
    - Celsius L28 - L40
    Killed by wild Steelix in Iron Island
    - Benjamin L5 - L48
    Killed by Galactic Boss Cyrus' Honchkrow
    - Medusa L39 - L57
    Killed by Elite Four Flint's Flareon
    - Jester L30 - L58
    Killed by Elite Four Flint's Magmortar
    - Krakken L15 - L58
    Killed by Elite Four Lucian's Gallade
    - Glitch L25 - L57
    - Wolverine L1 - L57
    - SolidSnake L8 - L58

I sort of forget what happened, but I'll tell you some of it.

Optional rules:
    - No two of the same Pokemon on a team
    - No breeding
    - Only 1 fossil from the Underground
    - You are allowed 2 Pokemon in Old Chateu, one of them must be Rotom

I did this challenge in Pokemon Platinum. I started out with a Turtwig which I nicknamed Sheller. I did all the boring stuff in the beginning, got TM27 Return, and Dawn showed me how to catch a Pokemon. I caught a Kricketot on Route 202 which I named Z-Bug. I progressed onto Jubilife City and received a Poketch. I went to Route 203 where I caught a Starly that I named Ace. I continued to Oreburgh Gate where I caught a Psyduck that I appropriately named Donald. At Oreburgh City, I went down into Oreburgh Mine and caught myself a Geodude named Crusher. I talked to Roark and went back to train at Route 207. I caught a Machop there named Sensei. Once my whole team was trained to Lv. 10, besides Turtwig, who was Lv. 13, I challenged the Gym, which Turtwig soloed. I went back to Jubilife City and teamed up with Dawn to battle team Galactic. We easily beat them and I kept on going to Route 204. I caught a Budew named Flora. (Female, appropriately) went thought Ravaged Path and strangely did not catch a Pokemon. *facepalm* At the end of Route 204 I fell into a Double Battle with two twins. Their duel Pachirusus were as annoying as h***. I killed one, but the other used Bide and survived Sheller's Absorb with about 3 HP. It unleashed energy and killed my beloved Sheller! I made it to Floroma town. I caught a Shinx at Valley Windworks and nicknamed it EleKat. I forget what happened after that but I beat team Galactic and went to Route 205. I caught a Shellos named Sluggish. I went into Eterna Forest and caught a Bidoof called Buck. Came into Eterna and went to Route 211 and sadly, ran into another Machop. Then I went into Mt. Coronet and ran into another Machop! I trained until my team was Lv. 20. Ace soloed the whole Eterna Gym. Then I went to Old Chateu and caught a Gastly named Goosebumps and a Rotom named Tommy.. I went to the Galactic hideout and beat Jupiter, but Goosebumps died in the process. Cynthia gave me the Togepi egg, which hatched in Hearthome City and I named in I got a bike. I went to the bike path and got down to Route 207 where Dawn gave me the Vs. Seeker and the Dowsing Machine. I got through Mt. Coronet and went to Route 209. Sadly, I fell into a battle with a Budew again. I was training my Geodude in Mt. Coronet when it got killed by a wild Geodude's Self-destruct. I realized I hadn't caught anything on Route 206, which is right next to the bike path, and I went there and caught another Geodude, named Crusher II in honor of his fallen brethren, Crusher. I went down Route 206 and found Wayward Cave. I caught myself a Bronzor named PsyDisc. I went to Hearthome City and got my Eevee from Bebe. I named it FireFox because I was planning on evolving it into Flareon. I decided to go to the Underground. Luckily, I found a Fire Stone to evolve my Eevee. I also found a fossil! I went to Oreburgh City and got my fossil revived. It was a Cranidos. I named it Spike. I went back to Hearthome. I am now training my team to Lv. 25 before taking on Fantina.

Team:

- Spike Lv. 23

- Ace Lv. 26

- Sensei Lv. 21

- Flora Lv. 21

- EleKat Lv. 22

- FireFox Lv. 21

Can be called upon:

- Z-Bug Lv. 7

- Donald Lv. 8

- Sluggish Lv. 16

- Turnover Lv. 1

- Buck Lv. 12

- Crusher II Lv. 16

- PsyDisc Lv. 20

- Tommy Lv. 20

Dead:

- Goosebumps Lv. 14 - 14 (Team Galactic Scientist's Kadabra)

- Sheller Lv. 5 - 15 (Twin's Pachirisu)

- Crusher Lv. 8 - 21 (Wild Geodude)
    Last edited by Seanferno; 19th July 2013 at 4:07 PM.
    Evanilluxe is my brother. If you have a brother on the forums, put this in your sig. (Started by Seanferno)
    PokeGyms Xat Box

Spoiler:- My Game Info:

Come visit my art shop!

Haven't died in awhile!

Chapter 7: The Icicle Badge

-Caught Snover as my Route 216 encounter
    -Caught Cherubi as my Route 218 encounter
    -Caught Sneasel as my Route 217 encounter
    -Caught Swinub as my Acuity Lake Front encounter
    -Mage my Abra evolved into Kadabra at Lv. 20
    -Defeated Candice without a causality and received the Icicle Badge. I have to give a shout out to the M.V.P of the battle which was my Sparky

Current Team

Terra , Met at Route 201 at Lv. 5, Quirky, Overgrow

/

Velocia , Met at Lake Verity at Lv. 2, Naive, Intimidate

/

Zol O, Met at Mt. Coronet at Lv. 14, Relaxed, Heat Proof

/

Sparky O, Met at Old Chateau at Lv. 20, Modest, Levitate

/

Atlantis , Met at Route 219 at Lv. 11, Careful, Intimidate

/

Lucifer , Met at Valor Lakefront at Lv. 27, Hasty, Early Bird

/

In PC

Spoiler:- Info:

Deceased

Spoiler:- R.I.P:

Badges

Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 22nd July 2013 at 12:50 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

The Final badge!!!

Chapter 8: The Beacon Badge

-I am so sad to say that my Gyarados named Atlantis died to a critical hit from Cyrus' Honchcrow. R.I.P Big girl!

Current Team

Terra , Met at Route 201 at Lv. 5, Quirky, Overgrow

/

Velocia , Met at Lake Verity at Lv. 2, Naive, Intimidate

/

Zol O, Met at Mt. Coronet at Lv. 14, Relaxed, Heat Proof

/

Sparky O, Met at Old Chateau at Lv. 20, Modest, Levitate

/

Lucifer , Met at Valor Lakefront at Lv. 27, Hasty, Early Bird

/

Stingray , Met at Route 221 at Lv. 39, Lonely, Liquid Ooze

/

In PC

Spoiler:- Info:

Deceased

Spoiler:- R.I.P:

Badges

Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 22nd July 2013 at 3:53 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Sad to say ive lost another Nuzlocke challenge.

Leveled up my Golbat to level 26 thinking she'd be all i need for Fantina. I was unaware her Mismagius had Psybeam and she took out Golbat. the rest of my team was between lvls 22-24 and they all fell as well. everyone in my PC is either a psychic type or so low leveled that id have to train them for 2 weeks of wild pokemon. No way i can beat Fantina with any of them.

Im 1-6 in nuzlockes now, but i will attempt Platinum again. Thinking I'll try Chimchar this time.

Rules
    Nickname everyone
    1 pokemon per route (gift pokemon make it 2 pokemon)
    death = Box
    Revives can be used, but not bought
    shinys can be caught
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 15th August 2013 at 7:58 PM.

I have started a heart gold nuzlocke with these rules

-Fainted pokemon are dead
    -I can only catch the first pokemon I see in a route/area (starts when I get my pokeballs)
    - shiny clause and dupes clause are in play
    -pokemon must be named after video game characters.

I got quite a bit done,started the game got cydaquill as my starter and named it Travis,(Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes) met Mr pokemon, beat my rival who I named Lucas (a bully from primary school) , and got my pokeballs. For my route 29 encounter, I found lv 4 female pidgey, who I named Zelda. (after princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda) I trained Travis to lv 9 and Zelda to lv 7 on route 29, then went to route 30, where I found a metapod who I killed with a crit. I didn't really care anyway. I then Defeated younster joey and other trainers. Zelda reached lv 9 and Travis reached lv 10. On route 31 I found a bellsprout lv 3 female and called it Ashley.(Ashley from Resident Evil 4)In dark cave I found a lv 2 geodude male and called it Gordan. (Gordan Freeman from Half Life and Half Life 2) That's everything.

My team so far:

(M)(Travis)lv 10
    Blaze
    Lonely nature
    -Tackle
    -Leer
    -Smokescreen
    -Ember
    named after Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes.

(F)(Zelda)lv 9
    Tangled feet
    Quirky nature
    -Tackle
    -Sand Attack
    -Gust
    Named after princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda

(F)(Ashley)lv 3
    Chlorophyll
    Lax nature
    -Vine Whip
    Named after Ashley from Resident Evil 4

(M)(Gordan)lv 2
    Sturdy
    Timid nature
    -Takle
    -Defence curl
    Named after Gordan Freeman from Half Life and Half Life 2.
    Last edited by Minedreigon; 16th August 2013 at 10:32 AM.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

so as i said i started with Chimchar who i named Konga. skip ahead to when i got pokeballs and i caught Rook the Starly on route 201. almost lost Rook to a critical Hit from a Bidoof on route 202, but i Caught that Bidoof and named it Cupcake. Healed up and then headed up to 204. After a few wild Starlys, i found a Budew named Plankton. Another new pokemon came as a Zubat named Bloodbath from Ravaged Path. After Training Bloodbath to level 7 and everyone else to level 8, i headed for the Training school. Konga took out both Trainers easily and i delivered the Town map to the Rival. Then after the stupid poketch thing, i fought my rival. Konga took out Starly and Plankton dealt with Piplup. I then saved my game for the night.

Team
    Konga lvl 10
    Rook lvl 8
    Plankton lvl 9
    Cupcake lvl 8
    Bloodbath lvl 7

Hey guys. I just started a Soul Silver Nuzlocke and I will be making a comic of it and I'll be posting on here. When I get the first page uploaded I'll send you guys a link to it.

Rules:
    1. Must catch first encounter in an area.
    2. Shining Clause and Dupes Clause are in play.
    3. Must nickname every Pokémon I catch.
    4. If a Pokémon faints, I must box it- permanently....
    5. In-game trades are allowed, but they count for that town.

Vax's Silver Soul Nuzlocke

OK. I started with Athena the female Totodile. I went to Mr. Pokémon's house. Got the Mystery egg, battled and defeated my rival with no problem. Named my rival Vince. Got the PokeBalls. Caught Scoot the Sentret, Rory the Geodude, Drilla the Weedle and Taborc the Zubat. Oh, and Scoot almost died by a Hoothoot. Rory had to help him with it. Stupid Pokémon coming out in the last patch of grass.....

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- Dead:

Spoiler:- Boxed:

See ya next time guys!
    Last edited by SnazzySwampert; 23rd August 2013 at 2:29 PM.
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

It has been a while since my last update, but I managed to defeat the second gym!

After defeating the first gym I went to fleorama town. I took care of the team galactic bit before that and at the power plant. Who weren't that hard. That is where m Shinx evolved into a luxio. I got myself a drifloom there too. After that I went to the Eterna forrest and got a gastly and a shellos on the route before. I arrived at Eterna city after that. I got a geodude and a meditate in the cave and route east of eterna.

After that I challenged the gym, which proofed to be kinda easy for me with my team.

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Spoiler:- Death:

Spoiler:- Catch list:
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 23rd August 2013 at 11:17 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Vax's Silver Soul Nuzlocke!!!

Hey guys! Time for the next update!

OK here goes. I caught a Bellsprout and named it Budds. Traded Budds away for Rocky the Onix. Caught Amy the Rattata in Sprout Tower, and caught Whimsicott the Hoppip on Route 32. Got through Sprout Tower no problem. Easily beat Falkner with Rocky and his Rock Throw. When I got to Union Cave I didn't catch anything since I can't get a Sandshrew and I have every other Pokémon you can get in that cave except Lapras (Yay! I get a Lapras!!!). Caught Voxal the Ekans on Route 33. Caught Sporen the Paras in Ilex Forest. Beat Team Rocket easily, same with Bugsy (Rocky for the win!). However, when my rival battled me... I lost Scoot.... Ya fought hard little dude... Got headbutt, caught Lannie the Ledyba, Athena, Voxal, and Drilla evolved. Put Drilla and Lannie in the Day Care, and they gave birth to Dublius the Weedle . Caught Hermionie the Nidoran f, Dud the Pidgey, and Sonatra the Drowzee. I also lost my newly hatched Togepi, Toby in a battle when we were grinding. I told him to use Metronome... and he used Self-Destruct DX!!! Currently training to beat Whitney.

Spoiler:- Box'd:

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by SnazzySwampert; 26th August 2013 at 11:33 PM.
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

I'll be doing a Nuzlocke in Heart Gold except it shall be called a EverLocke.

What is an EverLocke Challenge?

An EverLocke challenge is a variation of the famous Nuzlocke challenge. It follows some of the same guidelines with a twist; all your pokemon must hold an everstone if possible!

EverLocke Challenge Rules

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
    • You can only use the first Pokemon you encounter in each route/town/city/cave.
    • All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
    • If any Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and cannot battle anymore. You must then release it or place it in your PC Box.
    • Every Pokemon you catch CANNOT be evolved and must have an everstone as a held item at all times
    • For every gym leader that you defeat you are allowed ONE evolution. Choose your evolutions wisely.
    • Once a pokemon you have reaches its final evolution, you may remove the everstone and replace it with an item of your choice.
    • If you do not have more then one everstone, you must press 'B' to stop the evolution at every time.
    • If you wish to use any other restrictions, please specify them in the first post you make in this thread for your challenge.

I'll be starting this soon so look for an update! If you want to take a shot at this challenge, go ahead!

[P.S. Playing this on Desmume to Pokegen Everstones.]

So, I went ahead and downloaded Storm Silver [hack version of Soul Silver] which is a much harder and funner version if I do say so myself. Down below is how it all began:

Did way too much so for now, I'll just post current team and deaths and stuff without pictures so sorry!

Spoiler:- MY EVERLOCKE RULES::

MY TEAM:
    Charmeleon [BlitzBlaze - LVL 28]
    Espeon [Vesparia - LVL 27]
    Turtwig [Atlas - LVL 20]
    Flaaffy [Molly - LVL 25]
    Zigzagoon [SMTH CRMNL - LVL 3]

DEATHS:

Ryhorn [Brock - LVL 20] Died from Bugsy's Scyther
    Ghastly [Nappy - LVL 22] Died from Bugsy's Scyther
    Mudkip [Carlton - LVL 19] Died from training
    Cyndaquil [Blaze - LVL 13] Placed him in Death Box myself

BENCHED POKEMON:

Egg
    Numel [STND CAMEL - LVL 14]
    Pidgey ****ouser - LVL 15]
    Whismer [Skrillex - LVL 16]

started off this time with an abra teleporting away on route 203.caught a Psyduck named Waddles in Oreburgh Gate though. After healing up, i went and found a Machop named Goomer in Route 207. A geodude name Gyro popped up in the Oreburgh Mine. Replaced Rook on my team for Gyro Since i had two flying types and Bloodbath needs the Happiness. After training everyone upto level 12 i headed in and faced Roark. Plankton took out everyone one with no problems and reached level 15. Switched out Cupcake for Goomer so i had a Rock Smasher for awhile and Headed off back to Jubilife. Gyro took out both Galactic Grunts solo, as Dawns Turtwig got double teamed by thier attacks. Once i reached Floaroma Town i brought Cupcake back to the team and saved for awhile

Team
    Konga lvl 13
    Waddles lvl 13
    Plankton lvl 15
    Cupcake lvl 12
    Bloodbath lvl 12
    Gyro lvl 14

Started off my SS Nuzlocke.

Cluses and Rules
    All regular Nuzlocke Rules (1 per area, Nickname, death, etc.)
    ID No. Start (1, 2, 3 I have to choose Grass, 4, 5, 6 I choose Fire, 7, 8, 9, I choose Water, 0 I can choose which Starter)
    Multiples Clause (if I already have the Pokémon I find, I may tey once more for another Pokémon)
    Gift Clause (any Gifts/Trades/Stationary Pokémon do not count toward the Pokémon Oimit)
    Dx Clause (I may capture more Pokémon on a Eoute once I have beqten the Gym Leader accessible after the Route, for POKÉDEX PURPOSES ONLY)

Started with a Female Chikorita named Flora.
    Got Primo's Eggs, which ended up being a Female Mareep named Sparkle, a Female Wooper named Qoopa, and a Male Slugma named Maslu.
    Cuaght a Bellsprout, which I traded for Rocky the Onix.
    The Togepi turned out to be Male, and I nicked it Jubilee.

On Route 32 now, training everyone to Level 15 for Dark Cave.

Areas N Pokémon
    New Bark Town, NONE.
    Route 29, Hoothoot, Fainted.
    Cherrygrove Town, NONE.
    Route 30, Hoothoot, Fainted.
    Route 31, Bellsprout, Caught, Nicked Tilt.
    Dark Cave, NONE.
    Violet City, NONE.
    Ruins of Alph, NONE.
    Route 32, Wooper Multiple, Rattata, Fainted.

Pokémon:
    Flora the Bayleef Lv. 17
    Jubilee the Togepi Lv. 10
    Sparkle the Mareep Lv. 1
    Qoopa the Wooper Lv. 1
    Maslu the Slugma Lv. 1
    Rocky the Onix Lv. 3 (HM)

I've decided to start an Nuzlocke that I plan to commit to, in Platinum, since it doesn't get on my nerves the same way Johto does. So the rules, some C/P'ed from the above poster, since I'm using them as well.

-All regular Nuzlocke Rules (1 per area, Nickname, death, etc.)
    -ID No. Start (1, 2, 3 I have to choose Grass, 4, 5, 6 I choose Fire, 7, 8, 9, I choose Water, 0 I can choose which Starter)
    -Multiples Clause (if I already have the Pokémon I find, I may try once more for another Pokémon)
    -Gift Clause (any Gifts/Trades/Stationary Pokémon do not count toward the Pokémon Limit)
    -As an extension to the above, I can catch Giratina if I choose to, but that's it. This serves as the Pokemon from Distortion World, since no other one can be caught, and since banning of legends isn't part of the standard rules, I'll restrict it only partly. However, I can't use it unless I have an extreme crisis.
    -If I lose, I can continue if and only if I have more Pokemon in the PC. I may restrict this to be allowed only one time, but I'll cross that road only if needed.
    -One final rule, once I start the first battle in a major dungeon (cave, gym, Galactic HQ), I cannot leave for any reason at all whatsoever until I complete the area. This doesn't apply to standard routes.

So without further ado, I'll be starting this Nuzlocke, editing this post when I get a decent amount of progress.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 8th September 2013 at 7:50 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I've decided to start an Nuzlocke that I plan to commit to, in Platinum, since it doesn't get on my nerves the same way Johto does. So the rules, some C/P'ed from the above poster, since I'm using them as well.

-All regular Nuzlocke Rules (1 per area, Nickname, death, etc.)
    -ID No. Start (1, 2, 3 I have to choose Grass, 4, 5, 6 I choose Fire, 7, 8, 9, I choose Water, 0 I can choose which Starter)
    -Multiples Clause (if I already have the Pokémon I find, I may try once more for another Pokémon)
    -Gift Clause (any Gifts/Trades/Stationary Pokémon do not count toward the Pokémon Limit)
    -As an extension to the above, I can catch Giratina if I choose to, but that's it. This serves as the Pokemon from Distortion World, since no other one can be caught, and since banning of legends isn't part of the standard rules, I'll restrict it only partly. However, I can't use it unless I have an extreme crisis.
    -If I lose, I can continue if and only if I have more Pokemon in the PC. I may restrict this to be allowed only one time, but I'll cross that road only if needed.
    -One final rule, once I start the first battle in a major dungeon (cave, gym, Galactic HQ), I cannot leave for any reason at all whatsoever until I complete the area. This doesn't apply to standard routes.

So without further ado, I'll be starting this Nuzlocke, editing this post when I get a decent amount of progress.
    No shiny clause? That's dicey!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    No shiny clause? That's dicey!
    Aw, as a shiny hunter, that's basically a given. Why should anyone not catch a shiny that they find?

Anyway, progress update. I'm up to an awkward and annoying start. My ID ended in 1, so I got a Turtwig (Jishin) as my starter. No one is dead yet, and I've got my first badge, so it could be much worse, but I really would have liked a rock type for the upcoming Mars fight. I will need to grind the rest of my team, though. From here, I'll just log any noteworthy items below.

Spoiler:- Pokemon Encounters:

Spoiler:- Current Team:

Spoiler:- PC:

Last edited by Psynergy; 8th September 2013 at 8:15 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Continued the nuzlocke today. I was very happy, since my route 32 encounter was a mareep! I named her Tippi (super paper Mario). Unfortunately, it's imprish. I then trained the team up a bit. All of them to lv 9. (Tricky with Gordan) during this stage, Ashley learnt growth and Gordan learnt Rock Polish. After this, I went to sprout tower. I let Zelda lead the way. My encounter was a rattata, which I caught and named Lyra (Pokemon). I only caught it for dupes clause, so it went in the PC.

Progress so far. Now just beat Fantina, one of the scariest fights so far. I expected a death soon, but I just barely managed to avoid one from Mismagius's Psybeam crit. Things are looking nice for now, but I'm a bit upset that I didn't find a Gible in Wayward Cave. It's okay, since there are other way to beat Cynthia, but I'm not getting my hopes to high. As for the rest of the new stuff:

Spoiler:- Pokemon Encounters:

Did lots on my nuzlocke. First up, I awakened the Unown, and trained every one up to lv 10 except Ashley. I then completed sprout tower and took on the gym. It was fairly easy, since Gordan swept with +2 rock polish speed. All were lv 12 by this point. I received the egg and boxed it and then went to route 32. I reached Union Cave! My encounter was a LV 6 Sandsrew, which I killed with a crit. Damn. I then cleared Union cave. I did not find anything on route 33, as I'm waiting for headbutt to possibly get a heracross. I also saved ilex forest for headbutt. My slowpoke well encounter was a slowpoke! I named him Luigi (super Mario bros). I then stopped team rocket, during which Tippi evolved! Travis also evolved!

Team:

Travis lv 15(Quilava) (M)
    Lonely
    New bark town
    -Quick Attack
    -Leer
    -SmokeScreen
    -Ember

Tippi Lv 15(Flaffy) (F)
    Impish
    Route 32
    -Takle
    -Growl
    -ThunderShock
    -Thunder Wave

Gordan lv 14 (Geodude) (M)
    Timid
    Dark cave
    -Takle
    -Defence Curl
    -Rock Throw
    -Rock Polish

Ashley Lv 14 (Bellsprout) (F)
    Lax
    Route 31
    -Vine whip
    -Growth
    -Wrap
    -Sleep powder

Zelda lv 14 (pidgey) (F)
    Quirky
    Route 29
    -Takle
    -Quick Attack
    -Gust
    -Roost
    Last edited by Minedreigon; 14th September 2013 at 11:50 AM.

So, I've run into a few obstacles while progressing. For one, I have my first death, Yune (Starly) in Route 209... I was fighting a Bonsly in a double battle, with Intimidate lowering its attack. Before I got a chance to attack it, Bonsly's Rock Throw crit and OHKO'ed Yune from full HP. All those close calls caught up to her, I guess. She's been replaced by Tharja (Gengar) who's done well since then.

I also lost Totomi (Bronzor) in the Veilstone Gym against a Black Belt's Machoke, when a crit Low Kick killed it from about 2/3 of total health. Not even evolved would it have been able to survive... I calmly managed to beat Maylene without any losses, and I've been lucky to not lose anyone since. I found another Staravia (Gale) since Yune is now dead, but I really don't want to lose another Staravia. Added Arc (Alakazam) and Dumple (Quagsire) to make a full team now. I've just defeated Wake and I'm making my way to Celestic Town.

Another thing, I figure this is the point where the game takes a spike in difficulty, so I find it appropriate to change the battle style to "Set" from here on out.

Last edited by Psynergy; 14th September 2013 at 8:56 AM.

Got some more done. First, all my team was trained to lv 15 for bugsy, who I swept with gordan. I also defeated my rival easily and taught Zelda u-turn. I also taught Gordan headbutt. Using it, my encounter for Ilex forest was a Noctowl! I named her Kat (Halo Reach). I used headbutt some more and got a spearow called Mario at azlena, an exeggcute at violet city called Peach, and an Aipom at Route 33 called George (Halo Reach). I then went of to goldenrod, trained alot, but at route 34 my ditto encounter was killed with a crit. I failed my route 35 and national park encounters too. At route 35 against Walt, Zelda was killed by magmar crit and damage... So Kat replaced.

Decided to begin a nuzlocke of Heart Gold. Rules are as follows.

Spoiler:- Rules:

Will update this post later with progress.

Update!

ID started with 1, so Chikorita is now my starter. Promptly named Tomoya, it is sadly Mild natured, which will be a pain later on no doubt. While training on the way to Mr. Pokemon's house, Tomoya almost died to a crit from a Pidgey, but held on with 1 HP mercilessly. Currently just beaten my Rival, who will soon be named Asakura.

Current Team;

Tomoya (m) Lv. 9
    Mild Nature
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Razor Leaf
    - PoisonPowder
    Last edited by Connor™; 14th September 2013 at 11:04 PM.

Did lots. I first did some training and swept Whitney with Gordan. Next, I went up route 35, and failed my encounter. I failed my route 36 encounter, and my national park one, and my route 37 one. I did, however, succeed my route 42 encounter. I got a heracross called Daisy (Mario) however, my death fodder (Lyra the ratatta), died in the process.

Edit: More happened. I got everyone to Lv 23 via wild pokemon and then swept morty with Tippi. I then caught a magnemite at route 38 and called it Wheatly (Portal 2). I found a farfetched at route 39, but it wasted all my balls. My mount mortar encounter was a Zubat, which I called Flint (Mother 3) I also hatched my egg at the city with morty's gym and called the togepi Claus (Mother 3). Then, Gordan evolved! So did Ashley

Team:

Travis lv 23 (Quilava) (M)
    Lonely
    New bark town
    -Quick Attack
    -Flame Wheel
    -SmokeScreen
    -Ember

Tippi Lv 25 (Flaffy) (F)
    Impish
    Route 32
    -Light Screen
    -Thunder
    -Charge
    -Thunder Wave

Gordan Lv 25 (Graveler) (M)
    Timid
    Dark cave
    -Magnitude
    -Headbutt
    -Rock Blast
    -Rock Polish

Ashley Lv 23 (Weepinbel) (F)
    Lax
    Route 31
    -Solar Beam
    -Growth
    -PoisonPowder
    -Sleep powder

George Lv 25 (Aipom) (M)
    Impish
    Route 33
    -Screech
    -Dig
    -Return
    -Cut

Daisy Lv 25 (Heracross) (F)
    Quirky
    Route 42
    -Brick Break
    -Shadow Claw
    -Attract
    -Aerial Ace

Deaths:
    Zelda (Pidgey) (F) Lv 4-17
    Killed by Walt's Magmar

Lyra (Rattata) (F) Lv 4-4
    Used as a death fodder whilst catching Daisy
    Last edited by Minedreigon; 15th September 2013 at 9:06 PM.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast