Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

I've been doing a Pokemon HeartGold Nuzlocke. Due to tons of grinding, I have had no Pokemon knocked out.

Other Rules
    Pokemon that evolve from a Pokemon you already have will not be counted, and don't count as the first Pokemon on a route/area.

If a shiny Pokemon is encountered, you can catch it, but it can't be used in battle. Shinies won't be counted as challenge Pokemon.

Badges: 4

Team
    X-Wing, Lv.26
    Muscle, Lv.29
    Trost, Lv.27
    Gojira, Lv.32
    Tesla, Lv.35
    Eggbert, Lv.17

I have currently been grinding for a few hours. Tried getting my Golbat Arkham to evolve into a Crobat, but it got too boring. Currently I've been grinding X-Wing for the battle with Chuck.
    Last edited by ShachonianX; 4th May 2014 at 7:46 PM.
    My trade shop is now open!
    --------------------------------------------
    The Cosmic Voyage (on hiatus because of boredom)
    3DS Friend Code: 1418 - 7771 - 0495
    Friend Safari: Grass
    2DS Friend Code: 1865 - 0564 - 3202
    Friend Safari: Psychic
    ---------------------------------------------
    YouTube
    DeviantArt
        Spoiler:- Shiny Pokemon:
    I HAVE CLAIMED SEALEO. YOU WILL PERISH AT THE FLIPPERS OF THE SEALEO MASTER RACE (Spheal was already claimed).

Well, my first team member has died, X-Wing the Pidgeotto. However, he will be always remembered for helping to defeat Chuck.

Badges: 5

Team
    HooterToot, Lv.17
    Muscle, Lv.29
    Trost, Lv.27
    Gojira, Lv.32
    Tesla, Lv.35
    Eggbert, Lv.17 DEAD AS OF EDIT

The Graveyard
    X-Wing, Lv.26 - Died fighting Chuck's Primeape
    Eggbert, Lv.17 - Died while catching Satan the Miltank

EDIT: So I caught a Miltank, but it knocked out my Togetic, Eggbert. What do I name it? SATAN.
    Last edited by ShachonianX; 4th May 2014 at 11:56 PM.
    My trade shop is now open!
    The Cosmic Voyage (on hiatus because of boredom)
    3DS Friend Code: 1418 - 7771 - 0495
    Friend Safari: Grass
    2DS Friend Code: 1865 - 0564 - 3202
    Friend Safari: Psychic
    ---------------------------------------------
    YouTube
    DeviantArt
        Spoiler:- Shiny Pokemon:
    I HAVE CLAIMED SEALEO. YOU WILL PERISH AT THE FLIPPERS OF THE SEALEO MASTER RACE (Spheal was already claimed).

I have recently started a nuzlocke challenge in SS, and am at Pryce's Gym.
    Only one loss so far, that being poor Rocky the Onix, 3-19, killed by Whitney's Miltank/SATAN.
    R.I.P little guy, you would have been a great Steelix.
    Will update with team later.
    My Shinie's:
    Shiny Dragonair (W2)
    Shiny Luxray (W)
    Shiny Gyarados x2 (HG) (W)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Can't wait for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

I've recently began a Pokemon Diamond Nuzlocke Challenge. I'm following these rules:
    1. Fainted pokemon go permanately to PC box named GRAVEYARD
    2. Pokemon must be nicknamed
    3. First pokemon, not duplicates, must be captured, for other pokemon cannot be captured in the area (safari zone too)
    4. Legendaries cannot be captured/ used
    5. No trading (except for 2 foreign starters due to being first nuzlocke and for trade needed pokemon (Graveler, Alakazam, Steelix, etc.)
    6. No resetting.
    7. Game over is a deleted file
    8. Shinies don't follow rules
    9. No healing items except for berries
    10. Starter is based off of trainer ID (1-3 is grass, 4-6 is fire, 7-9 is water, 0 is choice)
    11. No masterballs

I've progressed a little, so here's my team + PC:
    Mudkip- Meowfish
    Cyndaquil- Burn-e
    Turtwig- Purpturt
    Kricketot- Junebug
    Bidoof- Bifool
    Starly- Kohaku
    Zubat- Banchee

After some grinding I took on the Sprout Tower. My first encounter was a Gastly since I was playing at night. I caught it an named him Spooks I continued through out the rest of the Tower. When I reached the top I saw my Rival defeat the Elder, then it was my turn and I defeated him as well. Having conquered Sprout Tower it was time to take on my first gym. With Mindy now having learned Rock Throw this gym was a piece of cake.
    After leaving the gym I get a call from Prof. Elm to pick up the Egg to hatch it. After that I continue on my journey to the next gym. On Route 32 I found a Bellsprout, caught it and named him James. Taking on all the trainers along this route and headed inside Union Cave and quickly found myself a Zubat. I caught it and named him Knight(I love Crobat :3), I make my way through the cave easily with Rickjaw. When I made my way out of the cave it was down pouring and I found myself an Ekans, caught it and named it General Co.
    Now finally making it to Azalea Town I notice the egg hatching. A Togepi hatched from the egg which I named him Angel.
    I come to find out Team Rocket is cutting off Slowpoke tails and selling them. I get Old man Kurt to clear the Well for me to take on Team Rocket.

Gym Badges: 1

Spoiler:- Team:
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I'm back again! So here's my updated team + PC- now with current and orgin locations:
    Mudkip- Meowfish (Party- Hoenn starter from Johto)
    Geodude- Gwapasha (PC- Oreburgh Gate)
    Kricketune- Junebug (Party- Rt. 203)
    Zubat- Banchee (Party- Rt. 204)
    Bidoof- Bifool (Party- Rt. 202)
    Cyndaquil- Burn-e (Party- Johto starter from Johto)
    Turtwig- Purpturt (Party- My starter)
    Machop- Qampie (PC- Rt. 207)
    Starly- Kohaku (PC- Rt. 201)

I also beat Roark, recieved the Coal Badge, and reached floaroma town, battling the first 2 grunts there.
    Last edited by xander5; 10th May 2014 at 2:49 PM.

I have started my nuzlocke for gen4 I'm using HG and I am starting with a chikorita named bowie.

Okay, I just started a Nuzlocke yesterday on Heart Gold and chose Cyndaquil. I'm at Azalea Town and I have found two frickin' shinies! Both are legit, they are a Caterpie and Togepi. The Caterpie is now a Butterfree as you can see from my sig. I'm so freaking happy!

Current Team:
    Sandshrew (Arugula, female): lv.13 Moves: Scratch, Poison Sting, Sand-Attack, Rock Tomb

S-Butterfree (Taffy, male): lv.14 Moves: Tackle, String Shot, Confusion, Sleep Powder

Pidgey (Chive, female): lv.16 Moves: Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

Flaaffy (Kale, female): lv.15 Moves: Tackle, Growl, ThunderShock, Thunder Wave

Bellsprout (Twix, male): lv.16 Moves: Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap, Sleep Powder

Quilava (Tamale, male) lv.15 Moves: Tackle, Leer, Quick Attack, Ember

Deaths: 0

PC: 5
    Last edited by SnazzySwampert; 13th June 2014 at 4:51 PM.
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

I am starting a HG run, wish me luck!

DA ROOLZ:
    1) All standard Nuzlocke rules apply.
    2) Gifts, such as Eggs and Starters, are not counted as captures.
    3) No Soft Resetting for Natures.
    4) A Pokémon that is lost MAY be revived using a revive, but only those found outside of shops.
    5) If given a Split Evolution Pokémon such as Eevee, or have a choice of several Pokémon, like starters, I must always choose one randomly.
    6) Interactable Pokémon , such as Sudowoodo and Snotlax, are free game and do not count for that route's capture.
    7) Headbutt Pokémon do, however, count as that route's Pokémon.
    8) No Legendaries.

I started my adventure and did all the pre-game stuff, and then set off for Elm's and randomly selected... Not Totodlile . I got a Cyndaquil instead, and named him Flambo. He is a Docile Male. It could have been better, but it could have been worse, too. I then set off for Mr. Pokémon's house as instructed after getting my Pokégear from Mom. Flambo and I decimated Pidgeys and Rattata on our way to Cheertgrove, and there an old man gave me a pair of old, suspicious smelling shoes, but hey, they were a pretty expensive brand. We eventually made it, and not only did I meet Mr. Pokémon, but bye fabled Prof. Oak! Oak gave me a Pokédex, a high tech Pokémon encyclopedia. I then departed with the egg in hand, but no sooner had I crossed the threshold when Elm called me and told me that there was a disaster, and that I should return immediately. Upon exiting Cheerygrove, a surly looking boy with long red hair approached me and challenged me to a battle. He used a Pokémon that I recognizes as one in Elm's lab. I made quick work of him with Smokescreen and Tackle spam. I happened a glance of his trainer card, which read Xman. As it turned out, Xman had stolen the Totodile from Elm's lab shortly after I had left. Later on, Lyra gave me some Pokéballs so I could catch my very own Pokémon. I soon added Bird Jesus the Pidgey and Colossus the Caterpie to my team. I boxed Colossus as a backup, and I am currently training for the Violet City Gym.

THE TEAM:
        Spoiler:

BOXED:
        Spoiler:

CASUALTIES:
        Spoiler:
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -
    Friend Code: 0576 - 5970 - 2604

PM before you add me!

After taking a long hiatus, I’ve resumed my Nuzlocke Challenge. I left Jubilife City after exploring the entire city and getting the Poketch and I headed out to Route 203 next after visiting the Trainer's School. I encountered my rival as I arrived though and I battled against him. I defeated his Starly with Happy and then I beat his Turtwig with Chirpy. I headed back to Jubilife City and healed at the local PC, then I wandered over to Route 204 and caught a wild Budew, which I nicknamed Seed. I returned to Route 203 afterwards and I battled many more trainers and wild Pokemon as well. I arrived at a cave soon and I crossed it and arrived in Oreburgh City at long last. I healed my team at the PC and saved.

- Happy Lv. 12
    - Chirpy Lv. 10
    - Seed Lv. 9

Here I shall document the journey I shall take with my pokemon in pokemon Platinum!
    I decided to go with a simple theme for nicknames cause I love themes, and decided on colors.

My rules are:
    - All standard nuzlocke rules will apply.
    - If the pokemon you see first is one I already have in your pokedex I have 3 more tries to catch a different pokemon, if I fail to see a new pokemon I get none for that route.
    - Gift pokemon do not count as an encounter (starters, eggs etc.)
    - No resetting for better pokes/natures.
    - No revives (duh)

I start my journey with a with the name Maroon.

All right, so I had previously arrived in Oreburgh City and I healed my team at the PC and then I headed out to the Oreburgh Mining Museum and I saw the coal exhibit there. I left afterwards and I purchased some Tunnel Mail, Poke Balls and Potions there. I headed back outside and after speaking to my rival in front of the Oreburgh City Gym, I wandered south towards the Oreburgh Mine where Gym Leader Roark supposedly was. I battled and caught a wild Geodude upon arrival and nicknamed it Grant and I also battled Worker trainers. I soon arrived at the back of the Oreburgh Mine and saw Roark, who showed me how to use Rock Smash. I headed back to the PC and I trained my team some more at Route 207.

- Happy Lv. 15
    - Chirpy Lv. 13
    - Seed Lv. 12
    - Grant Lv. 10

Well, I attempted my first official Nuzlocke Challenge in soul silver and it didn't go so well. I used the same rules that was applied to everyone else, no changes. I got to Bugsy which is where I got annihilated by his Scyther. My team was Totodile, Hoothoot, and Zubat. I should of done some more grinding. Now that it's daytime I shall try again and see if I can't get Mareep instead of Zubat.
    Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; 4th August 2014 at 2:41 AM.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Hey guys! Im going to start my challenge in Pearl. So, my current team:

Whisp

After grinding some more at Route 207, I returned to Oreburgh City and I healed my team at the local PC and then I headed out to the Oreburgh City Gym once again, which was finally accessible to me since Gym Leader Roark had returned. I walked into the dark stone-esque Gym and I started battling Gym trainers, mostly with Happy and Seed. After beating two Youngster trainers and their Rock-types, I challenged Gym Leader Roark. I used Seed against his Geodude first and I beat it with Mega Drain attack. I then used Happy against Onix and I defeated it with Bubble, which was super effective. Roark's Cranidos injured Happy, so I stalled with Grant and healed Happy, then I beat Cranidos with Bubble attack.

- Happy Lv. 17
    - Chirpy Lv. 14
    - Seed Lv. 14
    - Grant Lv. 11

I went onto Route 222 in my Pearl Nuzlocke. Determined to milk it for what it is worth, I wanted to fight every trainer there.
    I failed to predict that the Fishermen had Gyarados, which struck down my Gastrodon, Steelix, and Crobat, leaving only my Machamp. I had plenty of pokémon in the PC, so finding new team members was easy. The part that was not easy was training them up, which I am still doing.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

I started a new Nuzlocke Challenge in Soul Silver after I didn't make it past Bugsy and ended up with the same team as before and now about to battle the Ecreteak Gym after I grind up my Pokemon a little.

Jaws lvl 21
    Nocturnal lvl 22
    Zabimaru lvl 23
    Royal lvl 21
    Vulcan lvl 14
    Vesper lvl 14

So far none of my Pokemon have fainted but I've had very many close calls. I'm hoping I can have an Umbreon by the time I battle Morty or it will be over for sure. There's no way this team can take on Morty and his try hard Gengar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So after beating Gym Leader Roark and obtaining the Coal Badge and Stealth Rock TM from him, I headed back out to Oreburgh City and I visited the local Pokemon Center and healed my team inside. I headed over to the nearby Poke Mart afterwards as well and purchased some Heal Balls, Potions and Poke Balls there. I walked back through the Oreburgh Gate afterwards and I arrived at Route 203 again and I battled wild Pokemon. I soon arrived at Jubilife City once again and I wandered north towards Route 204, but was stopped by Team Galactic grunts who were messing with Professor Rowan. I defeated the duo of grunts alongside Lucas and I received the Fashion Case from a Jubilife TV employee afterwards.

- Happy Lv. 17
    - Chirpy Lv. 15
    - Seed Lv. 14
    - Grant Lv. 13

I decided to start a Nuzlocke on Pokémon Platinum.
        Spoiler:- Nuzlocke Rules:

I chose to play as the girl once again and named myself Alice. After looking at a TV show about Professor Rowan, I went to see my rival Charles and we both decided to pay a visit to Professor Rowan. However, we had no Pokémon but my rival still insisted that we should go into the tall grass, until the professor suddenly appeared to stop us and give us a Pokémon. I chose a Turtwig as my starter (I was hoping for a male but I guess I can make it with a female, too). Charles challenged me to a battle in which he only spammed Leer with his Chimchar.
    We then decided to, after healing our Pokémon at home, head towards Lake Verity, where we met a strange man with big ambitions and heard a odd noise. Noticing we had no Pokéballs, we decided to go get some at the professor's laboratory. Once there, I met with Lucas and got bumped by Charles, who was already ready to go. I talked to the professor, gave me a Pokédex and let me nickname my Turtwig, whom I nicknamed Toph.
    Lucas then explained how Pokémon Centers and Marts were working and asked me to tell my mother I would go on a journey. After this was done, I came back to Lucas, who taught me how to catch a Pokémon and gave me 5 Pokéballs. I decided to have my first catch on Route 201, which ended up being a female Starly that I nicknamed Sky. Then, at Lake Verity, I caught a female Bidoof that I nicknamed Savana. Both of them ended up going in my backup box.
    Back on Route 202, I proceeded to catch a male Shinx that I nicknamed Kovu. I decided to keep him and then trained both him and Toph to a higher level before defeating the trainers on the way to Jubilife City.

Once in Jubilife City, I met with Lucas once again. We also met with the strange police man by the code name Looker and he also introduced me to the Pokémon School. I got my hands on a Poketch after finding the 3 coupons and then delivered the parcel to Charles in the school. After obtaining my map from Charles, I defeated two school kids and then saved.

Current team
    - Toph ♀ - Overgrow - Level 10
    - Kovu ♂ - Intimidate - Level 9

Alive members in the PC (backup)
        Spoiler:

Deceased members
    -
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 8th August 2014 at 12:36 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

After getting the Fashion Case from a Jubilife TV employee, I left Jubilife City and I wandered north to Route 204 again. I battled wild Pokemon along the tall gass there as I moved around and soon I entered the Ravaged Path. I used Rock Smash to break some rocks apart and then I arrived at the northern part of Route 204 and I battled an Aroma Lady and beat her Cherubi and Budew with Chirpy. I battle Twins as well and their duo of Pachirisu, then I reached Floraroma Town at long last. After healing my team at the Pokemon Center, I wandered over to the Pick a Peck of Colors Flower Shop and received a Sprayduck item and a berry, then I picked Oran and Cheri Berries outside. I saved after getting a Pluck TM.

- Happy Lv. 18
    - Chirpy Lv. 16
    - Seed Lv. 15
    - Grant Lv. 14

After defeating my rival Charles on Route 203, I tried to catch a new Pokémon but a Shinx followed by a Starly proved me wrong. I defeated the trainers there and then entered the Oreburgh Gate. The first Pokémon I encountered was a Geodude (5%!!!), but I accidently ran away, forgetting the gate was a new location. Upon arriving to Oreburgh City, I was guided to the gym and then by my rival, who told me I could find the Gym Leader - Roark - in the Oreburgh Mines. I then encountered a wild Onix that I caught and named Kateryn. I spoke with the Gym Leader and then went on Route 207 where I would start training.

After catching a wild Machop on the said route, I decided I would go back on Route 204 (north Jubilife City) to have a new catch a possibly a new team member. I encountered there a male Wurmple that I nicknamed Narcissus (I somehow had the Beautifly vibe when I met him).
    Then it was grinding time up north Oreburgh City. I decided to put Toph at level 16 and Kovu at level 15 (knowing that Toph would win me the badge on her own). Kovu evolved while training.

Toph then basically won me every battle in the gym, starting from the trainers within and the Gym Leader. The battle was relatively easy; Absorb was enough to take down Roark's Geodude, but was a few HP shy from doing the same to Onix. I managed to set up two Cruse (a move that she learned while leveling up on Geodude) on Onix before defeating it with another Absorb. Then Cranidos was just as easy, landing a single Pursuit on Toph before being taken down by Razor Leaf. Toph evolved and, after winning the badge and the TM Stealth Rock, I went back to Jubilife City, where I helped Lucas defeat two Team Galactic grunts with Kovu before saving.

Current team
    - Toph ♀ - Overgrow - Level 18
    - Kovu ♂ - Intimidate - Level 15

Spoiler:

Deceased members
    -
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 8th August 2014 at 4:57 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

After teaching Pluck to Chirpy in Floaroma Town, I walked through the colorful flowers toward the northeast section of Floaroma Town. I arrived at the entrance of the Floaroma Meadow, but access to it was blocked by some rude Team Galactic grunts that were there. I headed over to Route 205 afterwards and I picked berries, then I arrived at the Valley Windworks place. I explored the tall grass outside and caught a wild Buizel and nicknamed Harold. I went to deposit him at the PC and then I wandered back to Route 205 and evolved Seed into Roselia after beating a Shellos. I defeated the Galactic grunt in front of Valley Windworks and then I headed back to the meadow and beat two more grunts.

- Happy Lv. 19
    - Chirpy Lv. 16
    - Seed Lv. 16
    - Grant Lv. 15

I proceeded on the route north Jubilife City and failed to catch a Zubat in the Ravaged Path. On the upper-part of the route, I defeated the few trainers hanging there and picked up the TM Bullet Seed. I then arrived in Floaroma Town, where I collected a little bit of berries and got the Sprayduck. Then, on Route 205, I met with this little girl wanting my help to save her dad from Team Galactic, which I gladly accepted. I defeated the grunt guarding the Valley Windworks but failed to enter the building. Back in Floaroma Town, I defeated two other grunts taxing a man for his honey. He thanked me for the help, gave me the keys to access to Valley Windworks as well as some Honey, which I used right away on the tree in Floaroma. I'll come back for it later for, hopefully, a nice catch.

I didn't catch anything in Valley Windworks because I plan on coming back for Drifloon later (it seems Drifloon didn't show up today, probably because it was already Friday when I defeated Mars). I used the key to enter the building and defeated the two grunts within. I then challenged Mars to a battle. Kovu made quick work of her Zubat and I switched Toph in on the obvious Fake Out of her Purugly. I then started set up two Curse, healed Toph with a Potion and took down Purugly with a Razor Leaf and Absorb combination. Team Galactic then left Valley Windworks with, apparently, enough electricity to "generate their plans". The little girl thanked me for saving her dad and told me about the balloon Pokémon Drifloon. I met with Looker outside of the building. He thanked me for my work and assured me he would try to capture the culprits.

I decided to defeat a trainer or two on Route 205 before saving. I caught a male Pachirisu on this same route as well. I decided to put him in the PC after nicknaming him Halan.
    EDIT: After playing around a little bit with my clock, I've been able to get a male Drifloon as my Valley Windworks catch! So happy! Nicknamed him Helium and about to train him up a little bit!

Current team
    - Toph ♀ - Overgrow - Level 20
    - Kovu ♂ - Intimidate - Level 19
    - Helium ♂ - Aftermath - Level 15

Spoiler:

Deceased members
    -
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 9th August 2014 at 2:08 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

So after beating two Team Galactic grunts at the Floaroma Meadow, I obtained the Works Key that would unlock Valley Windworks building. I also received a free Honey from the man that I helped save, then I returned to Floaroma Town's Pokemon Center in order to heal my team again. I headed to Valley Windworks again afterwards and I finally unlocked the building and I started to battle against a couple more Team Galactic grunts inside. I eventually reached Mars' area and after speaking to her, we battled. I defeated her Zubat with Grant, then I used Happy against Mars' Purugly. After using a couple of Bubble attacks, I won and Team Galactic's energy stealing plan was ruined. I left after speaking to the worker.

- Happy Lv. 20
    - Chirpy Lv. 16
    - Seed Lv. 16
    - Grant Lv. 16

Considering the years it's been since playing through a Gen 4 game, excluding HGSS, I've decided to take a little nuzlocke trip through Sinnoh and I'll be booking my adventure as it progresses. Spoilers will be used considering the use of several pics(Adds a littler something as opposed to nothing but walls'o txts) and the length of the post(s) regardless.

Spoiler:- Spoils:

Last edited by akaFila; 9th August 2014 at 5:40 PM.

FC:3754-6803-1211

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast