Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

After coming out of Eterna Forest, I found a Bidoof in the next route prior to Eterna City. I head towards the cave to the East and ran into a Medicham named Onion Head. It shortly died two levels later, dying to a Zubat crit... Budew was lost within the temp HQ for team galactic. I can't remember who, not the leader but a grunt. By a crit. Again.
    Chimpy lvl 23 Quiet - Blaze - no item
    Tatertot lvl 19 Naughty - Swarm - Metronome
    (Not sure if I should mention) lvl 19 Calm - Run Away - no item
    Budew Sun lvl 18 Calm - Unaware - no item

Last edited by Honchkrow1996; 5th September 2014 at 2:26 AM.

So after defeating all the trainers throughout Route 209, I entered the obelisk-shaped building nearby, which was actually Lost Tower. I started climbing up and I encountered a wild Gastly as soon as I arrived at the second floor and I captured it and named it Casper. I battle against various trainers as I headed further up while training my team. I also picked up an Oval Stone and the Return TM. Soon I reached the top of the Lost Tower after training Casper some more and I received a Cleanse Tag and the Strength HM from two old ladies there. I headed down afterwards and I walked north from Route 209 and arrived in Solaceon Town at long last. I visited the nearby Pokemon Center and I healed my team there.

- Happy Lv. 27
    - Chirpy Lv. 25
    - Seed Lv. 25
    - Grant Lv. 25
    - Majesty Lv. 24
    - Casper Lv. 21

I started a Nuzlocke on Platinum today. After starting, I confirmed that I was a girl with the Professor and named myself Platina and my rival Pearl. Oh, if only I could name someone Diamond! I woke up in my room, took a look around, and Pearl barged in yelling about going to Sandgem Town to get a Pokémon from the Professor. We went before the grass together and almost jumped in before Rowan himself stopped us and gave us Pokémon. I chose Chimchar and after Rowan and his assistant left, me and Pearl battled. After that we went to the lake, and after Pearl dashed off, I followed him and trained to Level 7 along the way, learning Ember. Entering the Lab, I nicknamed my Chimchar 'Saimiri' after a genus of primates. Professor Rowan gave me the Pokédex and TM27/Return, and after leaving the Lab, Lucas showed me the facilities of most towns, consisting of the Pokecenter, Pokemart, and the like. After that I went to go see my mom, obtained the Parcel, and saved.

- Saimiri Lv. 7
    , the god of glitches

So after a hiatus, I left the Solaceon Town Pokemon Center after I had my Pokemon healed and I headed over to several houses around town and I spoke to a few people and I visited the Pokemon Day Care next and I wandered back outside. I walked east afterwards and I got the Seal Case key item from a lady in a house by the trees and then I arrived at the Solaceon Ruins and stepped inside the inside cave portion. I walked around aimlessly for a short while and I eventually encountered a Ruin Maniac and beat him with Majesty and Grant and then I walked into smaller rooms and battled many different Unown. After collecting several items, I headed back out to Solaceon and did some training at Route 209.

- Happy Lv. 28
    - Chirpy Lv. 25
    - Seed Lv. 26
    - Grant Lv. 25
    - Majesty Lv. 25
    - Casper Lv. 23

My name is TEMMEC. I am an avid gamer and self-proclaimed nerd. I have had a whole poopton of experience with a lot of different games and platforms. I am especially fond and versed in RPG, Action, and Adventure genres. Based on sheer quantity, I suppose my favorite game distribution company is Nintendo and all of their products. I hope to share my love of gaming and all things nerdy to all who would hear me.

I absolutely Love Pokemon and have been playing since Gold and Silver. I have been wanting to play Platinum for a while now, but haven't had a whole lot of motivation. I have officially decided to make a whole-hearted effort toward this channel and bringing you visual consumers some awesome content.

Like I said, I am very new to this, so I am currently looking for some constructive criticism and new ideas. PLEASE feel free to comment and tell me what you would like me to do, either in future videos of this Nuzlocke run, or in other future series. Thanks a bunch!

Nuzlocke Rules (that I am following)
    1. Any Pokemon that faints in any circumstance is dead for the remainder of the playthrough. You must box or release it.
    2. You may only catch the first Pokemon encounter of any given route. If that exact Pokemon flees, faints, or you white-out, you may no longer catch a Pokemon on that route for the remainder of the playthrough.
    3. You must nickname each and every Pokemon you catch. This leads to a stronger emotional bond with Pokemon that you would not normally catch.
    -Dupes Clause: Any first encounter on a route that happens to be a Pokemon that you have already caught can be ignored and the second encounter on the route can be caught instead. This applies to Pokemon of the same species and evolutionary line.
    -Gift Clause: Any Pokemon/egg given as a gift by NPC is available for use. This does not include in-game trades.
    -White-Out Clause: Experiencing a ‘white-out’ will not Game Over in this playthrough. Whether or not there are still Pokemon in the box, the last Pokemon KO’ed in the battle causing the white-out will be able to roll over into next attempt.
    -Shiny Clause: In the event that a Shiny Pokemon was to appear, even if that Pokemon is not the first encounter of a route, you may catch the Pokemon.

SO I started a Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke run on my Youtube channel. I'm currently only on episode #5 but I have plans to fulfill the whole thing. Check it out on my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ_...dJG0YLbqDPSJ6g

Thanks,
    TEMMEC
    Check out my content on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ_COW_D3dJG0YLbqDPSJ6g

So I left the Solaceon Town Pokemon Center next and then I rode my bike out of Solaceon Town and arrived at Route 210. I explored the very tall grass and I battled wild Pokemon there including some Kricketune and Casper evolved. I battled a Rancher as well nearby as I headed deeper into the patches of thick tall grass and after beating a Pokemon Breeder and Twins too, I battled a Belle & Pa pair next. After that Double Battle, I picked up the Roost TM after gossiping with some girl on the hill south of the honey tree. I visited the Cafe Cabin next too as I walked further north and I battled a Waitress and her Clefairy and two Collector trainers and their Mr. Mime and Sudowoodo teams. I then bought Moomoo Milk.

- Happy Lv. 29
    - Chirpy Lv. 26
    - Seed Lv. 27
    - Grant Lv. 26
    - Majesty Lv. 26
    - Casper Lv. 25

I picked turtwig as my starter for my nuzlocke challenge about a year ago and everything was going well until the fourth gym when I messed up either by losing to a gym trainer's gyarados or to my rival's monfernape because i thought i could use earthquake to beat it. The point is that I don't know if I picked the right starter since when I was playing Diamond just for fun it was really hard when I got to the elite four because my Pokemon were under leveled (and it was so hard to grind Victory Road so I gave up on that) and won only after several failed attempts. My point is I would like to know which starter to pick and if it is better to catch Pokemon that are super effective against the gym leaders or the elite four.
    Also if I am posting this wrong please don't get mad because this my first post and I just signed up today.
    Last edited by twigyturtles; 7th March 2015 at 10:28 AM.

Starting a Nuzlocke run in HeartGold, with the Dupes Clause.

Judging by the last digit of my Trainer ID, I'll pick Totodile. Wish me luck!

Current Team (Fourth Gym):

Crikey the Feraligatr
    Arukenimon the Spinarak
    Moses the Flaaffy
    Dwayne the Geodude
    Benedict the Exeggcute
    Horus the Pidgey

PC:
    Bob the Bellsprout
    Lemmiwinks the Rattata
    Odin the Hoothoot
    Guano the Zubat
    Derpino the Hoppip
    Peanut the Caterpie
    Kovu the Nidoran (M)
    Dandy the Sunkern
    Nuke the Koffing
    Bessie the Miltank

Dead:

Geist the Gastly
    Creeperela the Drowzee

EDIT: I lost against Chuck, and will start a run in Soul Silver shortly.
    Last edited by Kung Fu Ferret; 2nd April 2015 at 2:45 AM.

So once I was in Veilstone City, I headed over to the Veilstone City Gym to challenge Maylene. I met Lucas outside the Gym building and after speaking with him, I entered the Gym itself. I had to move along the Gym's sliding panel layout that was comprised of small areas with trainers spaced out by movable walls. I walked around and battled several Gym trainers and their Fighting-type Pokemon and I went back to the PC to heal my team next. Upon returning to the Gym, I challenged Gym Leader Maylene at last. I beat her Meditite and Machoke with Chirpy's Wing Attacks and then her Lucario with Majesty's Ember attacks. I received the Cobble Badge and Drain Punch TM from Maylene and then saved my game.

- Happy Lv. 30
    - Chirpy Lv. 27
    - Seed Lv. 28
    - Grant Lv. 27
    - Majesty Lv. 28
    - Casper Lv. 27

After an epic fail against Chuck in Heart Gold, I decided to do a run in Soul Silver, and I'll pick Cyndaquil this time.

Note: This post is subject to edits until someone replies.

EDIT: Just beat first gym

Current Team
    Agni (M) lv 15
    Benedict (M) lv 5
    Gosei (M) lv 5
    Guano (M) lv 5
    Vespa (F) lv 5
    Streisand (F) lv 9

PC:
    Dilos (M) lv 4
    Lemmiwinks (F) lv 3
    Wildthing (F) lv 6
    Lesotho (M) lv 5

Rest in Peace:

Nobody so far.
    Last edited by Kung Fu Ferret; 2nd April 2015 at 11:04 PM.

So upon winning the Cobble Badge from Maylene, I left the Veilstone City Gym in a hurry and I saw Lucas right outside the Gym once again. We spoke and he told me that he had dropped his Pokedex and that some Galactic grunts had found it and Lucas wanted my help to get it back. So now I marched towards the Galactic Warehouse with wrath in my heart and saw the two grunts. Lucas and I battled and slayed them, then Lucas left after getting his Pokedex back. I found the Fly HM inside of the Galactic Warehouse and after healing my darlings and shopping for more items, I rode my Bicycle south towards Route 214 next. I battled against a Psychic and picked up a few Berries as well before saving my game.

- Happy Lv. 31
    - Chirpy Lv. 27
    - Seed Lv. 28
    - Grant Lv. 28
    - Majesty Lv. 28
    - Casper Lv. 27

After driving Team Rocket away from Slowpoke Well, I defeated my rival, as well as Bugsy.

Before I eventually challenge Whitney and her accursed Miltank, I will catch a few more Pokemon and level up some of them.

Two badges in and still no deaths.

Team:
    Agni lv 21
    Streisand lv 11
    Jeff lv 9
    Gosei lv 8
    Guano lv 9
    Benedict lv 9

PC:
    Dilos lv 4
    Lemmiwinks lv 3
    Wildthing lv 6
    Lesotho lv 5
    Derpfish lv 10
    Bilbo lv 6
    Colorado lv 5
    Vespa lv 6

Rest in Peace:

Still nobody

So next I leveled up my team and I battled against several Collectors and Ruin Maniacs as I moved through Route 214. I visited the Ruin Maniac Cave after doing that and I found the Dig TM there and then I dashed back outside since there was nothing else to do in the small cave. I sprinted along the tall grass and fought some wild Graveler and Girafarig for experience and I picked up a few items before heading south and arriving at Valor Lakefront. Seeing as I wasn't allowed in Lake Valor yet since two men were blocking the entrance, I arrived at the Hotel Grand Lake resort instead and found the Suite Key and returned that to its owner, then afterwards I had a few battles at the Seven Stars Restaurant place.

- Happy Lv. 32
    - Chirpy Lv. 28
    - Seed Lv. 29
    - Grant Lv. 29
    - Majesty Lv. 29
    - Casper Lv. 28

Beat Whitney about thirty minutes ago, but not without sacrifice. We lost Benedict and Streisand to her infamous Miltank.
    Last edited by Kung Fu Ferret; 3rd April 2015 at 9:07 AM.

This morning I left the Seven Stars Restaurant and then I wandered back out to the Hotel Grand Lake place and got the Trick Room TM at a home and then I strutted south through the reception gate and had my team healed for me by a man there. I arrived at Route 213 at long last and battled some Tubers along the coastline and I visited Dr. Footstep's house as well when I walked west. I dashed back outside and picked up a few more items including the Aerial Ace TM and then I battled some wild Shellos and I soon arrived at the gatehouse that led to Pastoria City. Upon arrival at the town, I visited the Pastoria City Pokemon Center, and after healing my darlings, I sashayed to the Great Marsh's entrance.

- Happy Lv. 33
    - Chirpy Lv. 29
    - Seed Lv. 30
    - Grant Lv. 30
    - Majesty Lv. 29
    - Casper Lv. 29

Did everything up to(but not including) The Radio Tower assault,

Team:
    Agni the Typhlosion
    Guano the Zubat
    Grumpy the Meowth
    Hikari the Chinchou
    David the Shuckle
    Rancheros the Exeggcute

PC:
    Dilos the Ekans
    Lemmiwinks the Rattata
    Wildthing the Sentret
    Lesotho the Spearow
    Derpfish the Magikarp
    Bilbo the Hoppip
    Colorado the Oddish
    Vespa the Weedle
    Gosei the Ledian
    Jeff the Slowpoke
    Horus the Pidgey
    Warhead the Koffing
    Woodsy the Hoothoot
    Alorange the Farfetch'd
    Jacob the Tentacool
    Kovu the Nidoran Male
    Musa the Mareep
    Slippy the Poliwag
    Fyeah the Goldeen
    Palindrome the Girafarig
    Ackbar the Voltorb

RIP:
    Benedict the Togepi
    Streisand the Geodude
    Tapirmon the Drowzee
    Eugene the Krabby
    Choushinka the Eevee

I finally waltzed into the Great Marsh in Pastoria City, and once in the swamp, I got stuck waist-deep in mud and then I got unstuck and encountered marsh-dwelling Pokemon. As I roamed around, I got the Defog HM and rode the tram to different areas of the swamp. Afterwards, I threw mud at several wild Pokemon and they fled, then after exploring most of the Great Marsh, I headed back out to Pastoria City and visited the Poke Mart next. After finishing my shopping trip, I headed over to the Pastoria City Gym to challenge Gym Leader Crasher Wake for the Fen Badge. Once inside, I had to press yellow and green buttons to change the water level in the Gym and I battled Gym trainers and their Water Pokemon.

- Happy Lv. 33
    - Chirpy Lv. 30
    - Seed Lv. 31
    - Grant Lv. 30
    - Majesty Lv. 30
    - Casper Lv. 30

While battling Team Rocket, Guano evolved.... TWICE!

EDIT: I lost to Clair.
    Last edited by Kung Fu Ferret; 5th April 2015 at 8:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Fu Ferret View Post
    EDIT: I lost to Clair.
    My condolences.

Anyway, I fought Crasher Wake at the Gym and beat his Gyarados with Casper and Seed, his Quagsire with Happy, and his Floatzel with Chirpy. I then won the Fen Badge and Brine TM from Crasher Wake and I ran outside and healed my team at the Pokemon Center. I then ran back outside and spoke with the Team Galactic grunt who was by the Great Marsh building. He ran away afterwards and I ran east towards Route 213 as well, but I encountered my rival before approaching the gatehouse and we had another battle. After beating him, I arrived at Route 213 and followed the Team Galactic grunt all the way to Valor Lakefront and we battled there. I used Happy against his Glameow and beat it with Brine.

- Happy Lv. 34
    - Chirpy Lv. 32
    - Seed Lv. 32
    - Grant Lv. 31
    - Majesty Lv. 31
    - Casper Lv. 31

This morning, I started a Nuzlocke in Platinum. Professor Rowan introduced me to the World of Pokemon, and I chose the male protagonist, naming myself Nick. I used the name Barry for my rival. I changed my Battle Mode to "Set" for this challenge. After talking with Barry and running all around Twinleaf Town, Barry and I met Professor Rowan and Dawn. He offered us Pokemon, so I chose Piplup and Barry chose Turtwig. We battled and headed back home. Later on, Barry and I headed to Lake Verity in search of a Legendary Pokemon, only to find a strange man with spiky blue hair. We raced to Sandgem Town to get Pokeballs, but instead, I got a Pokedex. I named my Piplup "Edgar" and headed home to tell my Mom about my journey as a Pokemon Trainer. I found her there with Barry's Mom, who's son had already left. She asked of me to deliver a Town Map to him, and also gave me one. I went back to Lake Verity and caught a Bidoof, and named him "Bailey". I put him in the PC. On Route 202, after Dawn showed me how to catch a Pokemon, I caught a Shinx. I named her "Lucia" and added her to my team. I grinded a little, and battled the trainers there. In Jubilife City, I delivered the Town Map to Barry, battled two trainers, got the Old Rod, met Looker with Dawn, and received a Poketch. I headed to Route 203, where Barry and I battled. I caught a Starly and named her "Starlyn".

- Edgar Lv. 11
    - Lucia Lv. 12
    - Starlyn Lv. 4

Deaths: 0
    Badges: 0

I saw Cynthia at Valor Lakefront next and she handed me the SecretPotion. Afterwards, I ran back to Pastoria City and walked through Route 212. I dashed through the swampy landscape and slayed trainers including Fishermen, a Parasol Lady, and Pokemon Rangers. I soon arrived at the northwest section of the route and I battled against a Gentleman when I arrived outside the Pokemon Mansion, then I visited the various rooms once I was inside. I received a Soothe Bell from a maid in the second room, and after speaking with Mr. Backlot, I caught a Pikachu at the Trophy Garden and nicknamed him Carlisle. I headed back outside and I soon arrived back in Hearthome City. I swapped Casper for Carlisle there.

- Happy Lv. 35
    - Chirpy Lv. 33
    - Seed Lv. 33
    - Grant Lv. 32
    - Majesty Lv. 32
    - Carlisle Lv. 18

Trying a SoulSilver run again..

With Cyndaquil, again.

Naming him Hephaestus this time around.

So next I left Hearthome City and jogged to Solaceon Town. After stocking up on items, I visited Route 210 and cured the Psyduck group with the SecretPotion. Next Cynthia showed up and asked me to deliver the Old Charm to her grandma in Celestic Town, as if I work for UPS. I dashed through some grass at Route 210 and fought some Ninja Boys, then I used Chirpy's Defog to clear the fog. I fought trainers nearby for the experience, then I strutted up the mountainous terrain. I battled a couple more random trainers as I dashed west and I finally reached Celestic Town. I quickly entered Celestic Town's Pokemon Center to heal my ravaged team and then I explored the village. I then thrashed a suspicious Galactic grunt.

- Happy Lv. 36
    - Chirpy Lv. 35
    - Seed Lv. 35
    - Grant Lv. 34
    - Majesty Lv. 34
    - Carlisle Lv. 24

Changed my my mind and doing a run in Platinum instead.

Choosing Turtwig.

Naming him Yertle.

Next I gave the Old Charm to Cynthia's grandma, then I saw Cyrus inside the ruins and got the Surf HM finally. I left Celestic Town and flew back to Hearthome City and waltzed into the Hearthome City Gym to battle against Gym Leader Fantina. Once inside the cathedral-esque Gym, I rode an elevator up and I had to solve a math question. I battled Gym trainers anyway since my team needed the training, then I took the last lift up and sashayed into Gym Leader Fantina's room. I challenged her and I thrashed Fantina's Gengar with Chirpy's Fly attacks, then I slayed her Drifblim with Grant's Rock Blast. Fantina used Mismagius last and I beat it with Happy's Surf. I received the Relic Badge and Shadow Claw TM and saved.

- Happy Lv. 38
    - Chirpy Lv. 36
    - Seed Lv. 36
    - Grant Lv. 36
    - Majesty Lv. 35
    - Carlisle Lv. 25

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast