Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Default 5th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

5th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: Black/White, Black2/White2

What is a Nuzlocke Challenge?

A Nuzlocke challenge involves treating any Pokemon that you have in your party that faint 'dying', and hence said Pokemon cannot be used anymore in the challenge and must be replaced. In addition, you can only catch and use the first Pokemon you encounter in any city, town, cave or route. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances with Pokemon on that route. You complete the challenge when you beat the Champion/see the credits.

There are many other variations of such a challenge - such as having to nickname all your Pokemon (so you have a closer connection to your lost comrades =p) which will be used here, allowing for the first Pokemon you encounter to not include duplicates (so if you encountered a Rattata in one route as your first Pokemon and got it and then encountered another in the next route, you can wait until a different Pokemon appears and treat that as your 'first Pokemon'), no legendaries, restriction on healing items that can be used (beyond Revives obviously) and so forth.

Rules

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
    • You can only use the first Pokemon you encounter in each route/town/city/cave.
    • All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
    • If a Pokemon in your party faints you must box/release it and not use it anymore in your challenge.
    • If you wish to use any other restrictions, please specify them in the first post you make in this thread for your challenge.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 22nd October 2012 at 11:50 PM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Well, I finally started this. I'm only at Striaton City, and am training my entire team to Lv. 13 before I battle Cheren.
    My team currently is:
    (BLC) L.11
    (Pedorat) L.10
    (Sprouty) L.10

I decided I am going to do a Black Nuzlocke. No repeats.

I chose Oshawott (DrHorrible) as my starter and when I got to Route 1 I caught a Patrat (Book). I got to Accumula and defeated N then I went to Route 2 and caught a Lillipup (Forgot to nickname it but it's ok because I sacrificed it anyway). I eventually made it to Striation City where I ended up getting Pansear (Jayne). I trained a little bit before taking on the gym where I manged to win fairly easily, but lost that Lillipup in the process. That is where I stopped.

Team:
    DrHorrible lvl 12
    Book lvl 11
    Jayne lvl 12

Dead:
    Lillipup lvl 4
    Last edited by Drummerdude; 3rd May 2011 at 8:17 PM.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Decided to do this in Black. Its Japanese, however, and I'll be unable to translate nicknames for them when I catch them, so they'll have nicknames on here but not in-game.

Here are my rules:
    -Normal Nuzlocke Rules
    -Two clauses immediately go into effect upon finding and capturing a Shiny
    --Shinies, given how rare they are, cannot die
    --Shinies are exempt from the capture clause
    -Duplicate species of anything previously obtained, dead or alive, are forbidden
    -Legendaries can be used IF they are the first ones found in an area WITHOUT using a Repel.
    -Floors of caves are different areas(Ex. Chargsestone Cave allows for three captures instead of one), but buildings do not count as different areas(Ex. Catching a Pokémon on Route 2 forbids me from trading for the Emolga. Reviving a Fossil bars me from trading for the Petilil).
    -Extra captures are only allowed for In-Game Trades.

I started with Snivy, which shall henceforth be known as Leaf Lord. Easily beat Bianca and Cheren. Juniper showed us how to catch Pokémon, which I mindlessly button mashed my way through. My first capture was a Patrat, which I've come to call Mine(Pronounced Mee-Nay). Raised Leaf Lord to Lv.8 and Mine to Lv.6 and went to Striaton City. Mine easily beat N's Purrloin. On Route 2, I caught a Lv.7 Lillipup, which I've named Courage. Got Mine and Courage to Lv.8 and Leaf Lord to Lv.9 and battled Bianca. Leaf Lord grew to Lv.10, and Mine grew to Lv.9. Beat the trainers in the Dreamyard, with Mine and Courage growing to Lv.10. I'm now fighting trainers in the Striaton Gym in order to level up my party.

Spoiler:- Current Team:

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

I continued on this morning and captured a Pidove (Forgot to nickname) and put him in the PC. I also managed a Woobat (Again forgot to nickname >.<) and defeated the Grunts easily with Book and Jayne. I fought the trainers on Route 3 and also Audino grinded my team to lvl 17. I made it to Nacrene with no casualities and headed for Pinwheel Forest in hopes of finding a Fighting type. Luckily, I encountered a Sawk first and used Jayne's Yawn to put it to sleep for the easy capture. I trained it against Audino and that is where I stopped.

Team:
    DrHorrible lvl 17
    Book lvl 17
    Jayne lvl 17
    Woobat lvl 17
    CaptHammer lvl 17
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

I haven't updated this in quite a while. I'm currently training before battling Elesa.
    My team is:
    (BLC) Lv.28
    (Pedorat) Lv.27
    (Rapfrog) Lv. 27
    (Carrots) Lv.27
    (Sunglasses) Lv. 28
    Dead:

I decided I wanted to get my team to lvl 20 before taking on Lenora. So I fought all the trainers around Pinwheel Forest and then headed to go fight the gym trainers. But first was N. And I somehow lost Book against his Tympole (He was my least favorite character on the show anyway). I eventually grinded up to lvl 20 and headed for Lenora. I started off with CaptHammer who managed to take out Herdier without taking any damage. Then I sacrificed Pidove to Retaliate and sent CaptHammer in to finish the job, where it took out Watchog with 2 Double Kicks because Hypnosis missed. I got the badge and saw the Dragon Skull get stolen. I went inside the forest and captured a Cottonee (Inara) and went back outside to train it. Woobat managed to evolve during the training.

Team:
    DrHorrible lvl 21
    Jayne lvl 20
    Swoobat lvl 21
    CaptHammer lvl 22
    Inara lvl 20

Spoiler:- Dead Pokemon:
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

I got everyone to Lv.12 and challenged Chili. Blasted Lillipup chewed Mine up and spit her out, giving me my first death. Courage was pissed off by this and got a Critical Hit, which took out Chili's Lillipup. Courage also managed to take down his Pansear. I was forced to speak with Fennel before I could deposit Mine into the box I have named "Cemetery." At the Dreamyard, I caught my next team member, a Purrloin that has been given the nickname Catnip by a friend of mine. I got Leaf Lord and Courage to Lv.17, with both of them evolving, and Catnip to Lv.14 and decided to train on Route 3. Beat Cheren easily, and got Catnip to Lv.16. As I was attempting to get the Super Potion, my newest team member decided to show up. A Pidove that I jokingly called Pidunce. Guess what his nickname is? Pidunce has been just plain AWESOME though. Two battles, and he went from 9 to 14(Okay, they WERE Audino). Did some translating and found out his ability is Super Luck. Got him to Lv.15 and he learned one of the better moves he can learn. Misclicked though, so he has two Flying moves. Oh well. Now I'm training my team before I go to Wellspring Cave.

EDIT: Got everyone to Lv.17 and went in the cave. I chased off Team Plasma with Cheren. My first encounter was a Woobat, who I've named Iru(The chatspeak term ILU written as it would be when literally translated into Japanese and back. Also, Ilu seems like a good name for a girl, and mine is male). Iru got to Lv.17 and I made my way to Nacrene City. Outside Pinwheel Forest, I caught a Tympole that I had trouble coming up with a name for. I finally decided on Blaster. First trainer battle that Blaster was in alone was against a Nurse's Munna. Bam! Critical hit with Psybeam. Blaster died before gaining a single level. Anyway, I got everyone to Lv.20, with Catnip evolving. Then I went to the Gym. I had to switch out with her Watchog because it was going to kill Leaf Lord, and then again because it knocked Catnip down to 7 HP. Courage managed to defeat it rather easily, though. After getting the Dowsing Machine, I went to Pinwheel Forest and captured a Sewaddle that I named Leif(Get it? Leif instead of Leaf? *shot*). Managed to get Leif to Lv.18 before an Audino got a critical hit and killed it. I swear this game is trying to keep me from having a full team. After that, I got my team to Lv.22, with Pidunce evolving. Now I'm making my way through the Forest to get the grunt with the skull.

EDIT2: Got the Skull Back. I then made my way to Castelia City, and then onto Route 4. I caught a Male Scraggy that I named PantLizard. As I went back to level him up, I accidentally walked in front of a Trainer. Her first Pokémon was a Pidove that knew Air Cutter. I stand by my previous statement about my party size. PantLizard didn't even gain any experience. I got everyone to Lv.24 and Iru decided to evolve. Its a good thing nobody was around when it happened, because I let out an embarrassing noise throughout the whole time it was evolving, since I wasn't expecting it. I beat the Plasma Grunts in Castelia, and challenged the gym. Pidunce managed to solo it, but he nearly died because of a Critical Razor Leaf from Burgh's Leavanny. I healed before battling Bianca, who was no challenge at all. I made my way to the Desert Resort. In the entrance, I caught a male Sandile that nearly took out Catnip. I named him Quake, and he became my sixth member. Inside the Desert Resort, I caught a male Dwebble that I named Hermit. Finally, inside the Relic Castle, I caught a male(Okay, this is getting weird. I haven't had any Females since Mine) Yamask, which I called Pharaoh. I accidentally forgot to get a fossil and realized it after I had made my way all the way back to Nacrene City. I did my research, and found that only four of the Pokémon I either have(E.g Quake, Hermit, and Courage) or have access to(E.g Tirtouga) can learn Ground moves(Dig, to be exact). I did some swapping, and now I'm training Quake and Hermit before going back to the Relic Castle.

Spoiler:- Current Team:

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Spoiler:- The Fallen:
    Last edited by Draknir; 8th May 2011 at 8:47 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

I advanced my way through Pinwheel Forest, getting the Dragon Skull back. I exited the forest and crossed Skyarrow Bridge to arrive in Castelia. I immediately did the Plasma stuff to get through the game faster and took on the gym where my newly evolved Jayne and Swoobat (Who I nicknamed Wash) destroyed everyone. With my new badge I headed to Route 4 where I captured a Sandile(Groupie #1) and skipped all the trainers as I made my way to the Desert Resort. Luckily, the first Pokemon I encountered was a Siglyph (Wash v2.0, which will replace Swoobat). I was hoping for a Maractus so I could replace Inara, but oh well. I went into the Relic Castle and captured a Yamask(Reaver) and got the Plume Fossil and revived it all the way back in Nacrene City into Archen(Mal). I trained my team Castelia and on Route 4. Next stop...the Desert Resort for more training. Since no one has died recently I will only post my current team.

Team:
    DrHorrible lvl.24
    Jayne lvl.24
    CaptHammer lvl.25
    Inara lvl.25
    Wash v2.0 lvl.22
    Mal lvl.26
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

I'm considering doing a Nuzlocke challenge at some point in Black (or a future White version). I have a couple questions, though... take Wellspring Cave. If I were to catch the first Pokemon I encountered at the entrance, would I be eligible for another capture if I entered a lower level of the cave and caught the first Pokemon encountered there?

Also, is it illegal to use Repels in order to have the first encounter of the area be a Shaking Grass Pokemon (or, in the case of a cave, a Dust Cloud)?

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    I'm considering doing a Nuzlocke challenge at some point in Black (or a future White version). I have a couple questions, though... take Wellspring Cave. If I were to catch the first Pokemon I encountered at the entrance, would I be eligible for another capture if I entered a lower level of the cave and caught the first Pokemon encountered there?

Also, is it illegal to use Repels in order to have the first encounter of the area be a Shaking Grass Pokemon (or, in the case of a cave, a Dust Cloud)?
    Tecnically you are free to do whatever you want because it is your game. Generally it is the first Pokemon you encounter and that's it. So if you captured a Woobat in Wellspring Cave on the first floor then you cannot capture another Pokemon in Wellspring Cave (Shinies are the exception...unless you're crazy).

Again you can do want, but I do not see any reason why you couldn't use a repel to find a certain Pokemon. As long as it is the first Pokemon you encounter then go for it!
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Started a Nuzlocke challenge on White last night.
    Here are the additional rules:
    *Battle style - set
    *No legendaries
    *No doubles

And my progress:
    Badges: 3
    Current Location: Nimbasa City

Current team:
    Tony Lv. 26 (M)
    Veggie Lv. 26 (M)
    Rocksanne Lv. 26 (F)

Fatalities:
    Billi Lv. 5 (F)
    Dari Lv. 12 (F)
    Dovely Lv. 12 (F)

Spares:
    Ace Lv. 16 (M)
    Miguel Lv. 20 (M)
    King Tut Lv. 21 (M)

~The Head Honchkrow~
    Last edited by The Head Honchkrow; 18th May 2011 at 8:17 AM.

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Default My Team...Ready To Be Killed.

Started a Nuzlocke Challenge on Black 2 weeks ago, and this is how far I've came.
    Badges: 6
    Current Location: Twist Mountain
    Body Count:18

Current Team:
    Muscle Lv. 38 [M]
    Zuru Lv. 40 [M]
    Blindy Lv. 30 NEW!! [F]

Fatalities:
    Winga Lv. 9-12 [F]
    Monk Lv. 10-13 [M]
    C-153 Lv. 11-15 [M]
    Wizdog Lv. 4-15 [F]
    Warrior Lv. 5-17 [M]
    Cloudy Lv. 14-17 [F]
    DesertKing Lv. 15-20 [M]
    Ghast Guy Lv. 19-21 [M]
    Hurb Lv. 25 [M]
    Jaguar Lv. 22-28 [F]
    Duck-E5 Lv. 22-29 [F]
    Speedy Lv. 25-29 [F]
    Luke(Dream World)Lv. 10-26 [M]
    Shik Lv. 24-30 [F]
    J Lv. 29-34 [F]
    Z Lv. 27-34 [-]
    Achoo Lv. 28-29 [M]
    Ricky Roll Lv. 30-33 [F]

Can Be Called Upon:
    Bamban Lv. 22 [M]
    Magic Lv. 25 [M]
    Toad Lv. 25 [M]

I just started one about an hour ago:
    Game: White
    Badges: 0
    Rules:
    1. Pokemon that faint are considered dead
    2. You may only catch the first Pokemon every route. Don't get it = Too bad
    3. You may have an HM Slave that doesn't count as the first Pokemon and doesn't have to be the first Pokemon
    4. You may use Gift Pokemon even if not the first on the route
    5. In Game Trades may be done only if the Pokemon that I trade is the first I encounter.
    6. No duplicates
    7. You can use Revives, but only if found in the wild. You may use the Pokemon but not for the next Gym Match
    8. You may buy 1 Revive for every gym you beat and your Pokemon will not be handicapped.
    9. You may use Rare Candies you find to revive your Pokemon.

So I started the game. Chose boy and named him "Vast." I chose Snivy and named him "Serpex." I did the beginning stuff and went to Route 1 where I watched Juniper catch Patrat and I found a Patrat.

I caught him and named him "Watchy" based off of the Unova TV show "Watchy Watchog." I was going to use him but I chose to use him as a spare instead. I just left him on my team incase Serpex died. I trained Serpex to Level 8 and moved on to Accumula Town.

In Accumula Town I did the Pokemon Center stuff with Bianca and Juniper and I bought some Potions and Pokeballs. I went outside and watched Ghetsis talk about Team Plasma. I battled N and Serpex beat his Purrloin.

I went to Route 2 and got Running Shoes. I found and captured "Rover" the Lillipup. I trained so that Serpex was level 9 and Rover was Level 8. I fought the fist youngster on the Route and Saved my game.

Team:
    Serpex (Level 9)
    Rover (Level 9)

Spares:
    Watchy (Level 3)

Dead:
    None!

***UPDATE***
    Badges: 1

I made it to Striaton City. I went and got Panpour and named him "Splash" I challenged the Gym. I sacrificed Watchy and he died. Serpex and Rover died to Critical Hits in the gym. I am going to use the "Revive Rule" since the next Revive is in the Dreamyard. Splash beat Chili's Pansear.

Team:
    Splash (Level 12)

Spares:

Dead:
    Serpex (Level 11)
    Rover (Level 12)
    Watchy (Level 3)
    Last edited by Vast; 27th May 2011 at 6:31 PM.

Wow. It's been absolutely forever since I have done this Nuzlocke. However, I am also working on my HG Nuzlocke, plus I had the rush of finals and graduating to deal with. I am so glad summer is finally here!

@TotalPotato-I hope Lucy survives as well! Sorry about your Lucinda.

I finished up my training, then I went to Nimbasa City to face N. The battle was pretty easy, but I did almost lose my Solosis, Lucy in the process. She survived with 2 HP! I finished battling with him, and continued to the gym. I battled the first trainer, and actually had a bit of trouble. Since I only have three pokemon, then I think I might take one or two from the box and train them just a little. Lucy, Toby, and Niles are about level 30, but I really don't want to lose any of them, so backup might be needed.

Current Team:

Niles Lvl 30
    Toby Lvl 30
    Lucy Lvl 28
    Please check out my nuzlocke!!
    Ashley's Emerald Cursed Nuzlocke Zetaboard
    or if you prefer:
    Ashley's Emerald Cursed Nuzlocke DA

My favorite pokemon:

----><----

Badges: 1

I finished the Dreamyard and Fennel thing and caught a Munna and named him "Fuji." I trained and moved on to Route 3. I battled the preschoolers.

I caught a Blitzle and named him "Lightspeed" I trained him. I went to Wellspring cave and found and caught a Woobat and I named her "Batrio" I trained her along with Splash, Lightspeed and Fuji and I beat Team Plasma.

Team:
    Splash (Level 14)
    Fuji (Level 13)
    Lightspeed (Level 12)
    Batrio (Level 11)

Spares:

Dead:
    Serpex (Level 11)
    Rover (Level 12)
    Watchy (Level 3)
    Last edited by Vast; 27th May 2011 at 6:32 PM.

Smile

No one feels bad about how I have 18 deaths? Shame.
    Badges: 7
    Current Location: Dragonspiral Tower
    Body Count: Same as last time, 18.

Before I got to Icirrus City, I caught Clawcurb and evolved it into Excadrill. I then decided to store Blindy in my PC with the others in case I may have to fly back to a different location to catch a new team member (only if my team dies).
    After that, I headed for the gym of Icirrus City. I got the Fresh Water (which is really useless at this point!) from the the man at the start of this ice gym (I HATE Cubchoo and Endure now). My friend says I'm overpowered right now, which I think is hilarious. You can NEVER be too overpowered in a Nuzlocke challenge (unless you're pushing to level 100), or at least I think. The third trainer I found to be the MOST ANNOYING! Two Endures in a row. What the heck? Not fair! After him though, it was a cakewalk. Finally, it was time to battle Brycen! Clawcurb almost died to Cryognal, but it pulled through. Brycen was beaten, got my badge and proceeded to Dragonspiral Tower!

I'm a Butterfree? O.o

A flying fish perhaps?

Okay, what the heck? A violent, flying fish?

Pffffffft...I don't even...

Alright, I finally got my nerve up to face Elesa. I added my Darumaka, Zenny, and my Yamask, Alice, to the team from the box. (Just in case!) She started off with her Emolga, and I started with Toby. Emolga (of course) used Volt Switch, and Toby used Crunch. He killed one Emolga that way, but then she Volt Switched to her Zebstrika, and by that time Toby was in the red. I switched out to Lucy, and she used Hidden Power x2(It's ground type) before she was in the red as well. I sent out niles, and he took down the Zebstrika, and I switched in Toby for a quick crunch on the last Emolga. He made his attack, and I won the badge! I was happy it went so well, but I was annoyed at Elesa. Does she know ANY other attack than that stupid Volt Switch? Ugh.

After the badge, I headed to Route 5, where I faced Cheren. His Liepard was quickly killed by Niles, and his Pansage and Pignite by Lucy. I used Toby to defeat his Tranquill. Toby leveled up, and he also evolved! It was a pretty easy battle, and I am ready to go to Driftveil City.

Current Team:

Niles Lvl 31
    Toby Lvl 32
    Lucy Lvl 30
    Please check out my nuzlocke!!
    Ashley's Emerald Cursed Nuzlocke Zetaboard
    or if you prefer:
    Ashley's Emerald Cursed Nuzlocke DA

My favorite pokemon:

----><----

@ashgirl92
    Good luck! Clay can catch you off guard at times. That's how Duck-E5 died.

Badges: 7
    Current Location: Relic Castle
    Body Count:

Just before entering in the main tower, I surfed along the water over to land and a trainer, for training for my new teammate, Dancegal, the Palpitoad.Muscle still proves to be more than useful, but required on my team, taking out two ace trainers by itself. However, Muscle had quite the close call with the second one. I got TM63, Embargo, to add to my TM collection, and move on to explore the rest of the waters. Before I did, however, I tried to catch a Sawsbuck, for it was the first Pokemon I found outside the tower. I didn't know if it was worth wasting a bunch of Pokeballs on nothing though, as I couldn't catch it at all. I soon gave up, even though I wanted it. After that experience, I learned something. Don't rely on luck alone. I had no Ultra Balls. That alone should've made me give up, even though I didn't. I went to buy some Ultra Balls and healed up before entering the tower.

Inside the tower, I found a Golett and caught it. It shall be known as Ghost Joe. I continued onto the second floor. Perfect place for training, I must say. All these Golett running around makes it easy for Dancegal. I found a Stardust, which I would soon sell. I made my way to the puzzle on the third floor. It reminds me of Heartgold and Soulsilver's Bell Tower, just a simplified version. I found a Shiny Stone, which really could've been useful back when Cloudy was still alive. Now it's just useless. On the fourth floor, I FINALLY met up with Team Plasma. There aren't too many grunts in this place, making me feel bored out of my mind during this place. Clawcurb took care of every single Pokemon, as they were WAY too easy. Earthquake and X-Scissor FTW. Sure, I could've used Muscle for this place, but he's level 41, and Clawcurb is only level 37, so he needs the levels. None of these grunts were hard. The only thing that was annoying, I believe was Liepard and Fake Out. They will usually hit you at least twice, as it is rare to have a Pokemon faster than Liepard. I can't wait for the cursed Relic Castle (boy is that place a nightmare). Before moving on, I found a Dragon Fang, which I shall keep, for it shall come in use later. I reached the fifth floor after 5 pathetic grunts, only to find more useless items. Stardust, Star Piece and a revive. Finally at the sixth floor, I get the four-in-a-row grunt fight. This is what I was excited about. It will really help keep the EXP rolling in to Ghost Joe.

After I made it to the top and got N to show off Zekrom, I gone to Relic Castle, and this is where I am now.

Pokemon on team:
    Muscle Lv. 41 [M]
    Dancegal Lv. 32 [F]NEW!!
    Zuru Lv. 41 [M]
    Clawcurb Lv. 38 [M]
    Ghost Joe Lv. 34 [-]NEW!!

Fatalities
    Winga Lv. 9-12 [F]
    Monk Lv. 10-13 [M]
    C-153 Lv. 11-15 [M]
    Wizdog Lv. 4-15 [F]
    Warrior Lv. 5-17 [M]
    Cloudy Lv. 14-17 [F]
    DesertKing Lv. 15-20 [M]
    Ghast Guy Lv. 19-21 [M]
    Hurb Lv. 25 [M]
    Jaguar Lv. 22-28 [F]
    Duck-E5 Lv. 22-29 [F]
    Speedy Lv. 25-29 [F]
    Shik Lv. 24-30 [F]
    J Lv. 29-34 [F]
    Z Lv. 27-34 [-]
    Achoo Lv. 28-29 [M]
    Ricky Roll Lv. 30-33 [F]

Can Be Called Upon:
    Bamban Lv. 22 [M]
    Magic Lv. 25 [M]
    Toad Lv. 25 [M]
    Blindy Lv. 30 [F]

I'm a Butterfree? O.o

A flying fish perhaps?

Honestly, I'm scared to play the Nuzlocke becuse I don't want to die.

@Vast White Reshiram
    Hey hey! It's for fun, dude! Don't worry.

Badges: 8
    Current Location: Pokemon League
    Body Count: 21

The Relic Castle was pretty easy. Dancegal evolved inside, which is AWESOME!! But Ghost Joe died inside too. R.I.P. I really don't want to get into too much detail within how much progress I made over at my friend's sleepover. Right after getting the Light Stone, I headed for Drayden, the last gym leader. After having an easy battle with Bianca, on Route 9, I caught a Garbodor (forgot to give it a nickname, but it didn't matter). Drayden overall was quite easy, despite how worried I was. Haxorus was the worst. Dragon Dance sucks, and I tried Garbodor on that beast. Clear Smog was shown quite useful, as it eliminated Dragon Dance. Toxic played a part too. However despite that, two slashes torn Garbodor apart. Zuru finished him off.

I soon fought Cheren. All I can say is god! I hate Simipour! It came 2HP away from bringing Muscle down with it. Scald FTL. Here I caught my fifth teammate, Shroob, the Amoongus. Victory Road is THE ideal training place for my team. If I feel I need more training, I'm coming back here. I also caught Darkegg, a Vullaby, but died shortly after.

Tell me if you think I'm ready for the E4!

Pokemon on team:
    Muscle Lv. 46 [M]
    Dancegal Lv. 45 [F]
    Zuru Lv. 46 [M]
    Clawcurb Lv. 45 [M]
    Shroob Lv. 46

Fatalities:
    Winga Lv. 9-12 [F]
    Monk Lv. 10-13 [M]
    C-153 Lv. 11-15 [M]
    Wizdog Lv. 4-15 [F]
    Warrior Lv. 5-17 [M]
    Cloudy Lv. 14-17 [F]
    DesertKing Lv. 15-20 [M]
    Ghast Guy Lv. 19-21 [M]
    Hurb Lv. 25 [M]
    Jaguar Lv. 22-28 [F]
    Duck-E5 Lv. 22-29 [F]
    Speedy Lv. 25-29 [F]
    Shik Lv. 24-30 [F]
    J Lv. 29-34 [F]
    Z Lv. 27-34 [-]
    Achoo Lv. 28-29 [M]
    Ricky Roll Lv. 30-33 [F]
    Ghost Joe Lv. 34-37 [-]
    Garbodor Lv. 36-39 [F]
    Darkegg Lv. 41 [F]

Can Be Called Upon:
    Bamban Lv. 22 [M]
    Magic Lv. 25 [M]
    Toad Lv. 25 [M]
    Blindy Lv. 30 [F]

Wish me luck guys! I'm headed into the finales!

I'm a Butterfree? O.o

A flying fish perhaps?

I just started a White Nuzlocke. My rules are:

-Catch the first Pokemon you see in a new area.
    -Nickname all captured Pokemon.
    -If a Pokemon faints, it's dead and cannot be used again. All deaths are stored in a singular box.
    -If I would be automatically healed after a battle, all deaths occurring in that battle are negated.
    -You may catch duplicates of any Pokemon you've already caught.
    -Found Revives and Rare Candies are okay to use to revive Pokemon at any time. No Revives may be purchased.

So let's get this thing started!

I'm a boy named Chris. Today I got a male Snivy named Ginseng from the local Professor, Professor Juniper. He beat Bianca and Cheren's Oshawott and Tepig with relative ease. After meeting up with Juniper, we all went to Route 1, where we learned how to catch Pokemon. Putting my new knowledge to use, I captured a female Lillipup named Pepper and made my way to Accumula Town. Unfortunately for me, Pepper had the Pickup ability (FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!). In Accumula Town, a group called Team Plasma gave a speech on an epidemic called the Black Rage and how Trainers should release their Pokemon to protect them from it, as it only targets human-owned Pokemon for whatever reason. Afterwards, a Trainer calling himself N challenged me to a battle. His Purrloin was no match for Ginseng, and with that done, I hit Route 2 to catch...

Another Lillipup.

I caught her and named her Paprika, since I already used the name Pepper, and after having Pepper catch up to her in level, I decided I was going to use Paprika from then on instead of Pepper since she had better stats (but still had Pickup! I swear, when it comes to catching Lillipups, I'm cursed! )

So now Ginseng and Paprika are both at level 8, and I'm taking a bit of a break.

Rundown:

Team:
    -Snivy/Male/Ginseng/level 5-8/Nuvema Town/Naive/Somewhat stubborn/Learned Vine Whip
    -Lillipup/Female/Pepper/level 3-4/Route 1/Impish/Loves to eat
    -Lillipup/Female/Paprika/level 4-8/Route 2/Bashful/Likes to thrash about/Learned Odor Sleuth and Bite

Box:
    -None

Deaths:
    -None

EDIT: I went to the Dreamyard to train my team before the Gym and ended up getting a male Panpour named Splash. I battled Cheren and trained on Route 2 until everyone but Pepper reached level 12. I then challenged the Gym and ended up fighting Chili because I picked Snivy. His Lillipup fell to Paprika, but not before a hard fought battle. Pansear was easy pickings for Splash, and I ended up with the Trio Badge.

After leaving the Gym, Fennel greeted me with a request to help her find some Dream Mist, so back to the Dreamyard! There, I met with Bianca, and we started searching together. Woo. Except for Team Plasma, who Splash absolutely decimated. Munna and Musharna reunited, we got the Dream Mist, which netted me a C-Gear and a Pal Pad.

Anyway, I left town to try and catch something on Route 3, but Cheren was there to battle me (dick). Splash and Paprika took care of him quite easily, so guess what happened after that.

Yep. More Plasma shenanigans. This time, they took a girl's Pokemon. I caught a Pidove before joining the chase and named him Frankie. Ginseng struggled against the Grunts, but we managed to come out fine. Before leaving, though, I took a chance on what I could find, and it turned out to be a Roggenrola, which will be an absolute GODSEND against Lenora. I named him Jagger and got Heal Balls from the little girl.

The plan is to train Frankie and Jagger a little either tonight or tomorrow, then hopefully get to Nacrene City. But before I go, what's the etiquette on trade evolutions in a Nuzlocke challenge?
    Last edited by Nightlingbolt; 2nd June 2011 at 12:27 AM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

@Nightlingbolt, you can trade to evolve your poke, but you can't trade to get a new pokemon to keep.

Okay, great!

I got to Nacrene City just now, and I tried to catch a Timburr for use against Lenora, but I ended up running into a Pidove, which I decided to just fight for experience. However, Pidove got a critical hit with Quick Attack, killing Splash. Seeing as he was the only Water-type I would get for a while, I made the decision to use my found Revive on him. Man, if Paprika hadn't picked that up while training for Chili, Splash would be permanently dead. In a way, Paprika saved Splash's life.

So for now, it's back to the Dreamyard to train on Audinos until Splash learns Bite.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

6/2/2011 8:26
    Started a Nuzlocke challenge on White today
    Here are the additional rules:
    *Battle style - set
    *No legendaries
    *No doubles
    *Potions BUT no Revives
    * Trade to evolve pokemon no trading pokemon you arent evolving to use on your team
    i know my rules are making this even harder haha
    * No saving before Gym leaders or elite 4 (To prevent soft resetting to save pokemon)
    Made a female character named touko (Fan name of white) (I would play as a boy if i had pokemon black since Black-Touya=Male White-Touko-female)
    Alright got a snivy got into battle and i noticed its a female snivy (Woo!)
    and its nature is jolly
    got a crit on cheren which makes me think this is gonna be a lucky run.
    When outside then to biancas house and then to professor juniper's.
    nick named my snivy Smugleaf (SOOO ORIGINAL /end sarcasm)
    i walk into the grass and find a.......patrat... Ah well it will be my first time
    using a patrat. so this oughta be fun. And i get a crit and kill him.
    GREAT START GUYS i get scared for the N battle coming up.
    I buy some potions because im scared of losing so soon.
    N approaches me and the battle begins.
    N leads with his purrloin and i lead with my snivy
    purrloin goes for the growl and i go for the whip doing almost no damage
    I use leer 3 times in purrloin and do MASSIVE damage on my vine whip and take
    him out in 2 turns. I get to route 2 and get another chance to catch a patrat.
    i watch my high level and decide just to go for the pokeball without damaging it
    "Gotcha! Patrat was caught!" i nicknamed my patrat Lonely (I mean honestly on actual pokemon runs i have never seen anyone use a patrat haha)

ROUTE 2

Smugleaf-Level 8
    Jolly Female
    Tackle,Leer,Vine whip

Lonely-Level 4
    Rash Female
    Tackle,leer

Will update soon!
    Last edited by Penguinsftw; 3rd June 2011 at 2:02 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast