Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Just started my Black 2 Nuzlocke Challenge today.

Just beat Cheren with Tepig(Oscar) and got my first badge. Though I am a bit disappointed. I got Sunkern and Patrat was my Floccesy Ranch encounter -_-

Current Team

Pignite(Oscar) Lv. 25

Liepard(Panther) Lv. 23

Sunkern(Dewdrop) Lv. 23

Watchog(Acorn) Lv. 23

Golbat(Venom) Lv. 22

PC
    Growlithe(Lancelot) Lv. 11
    Trubbish(Dusty) Lv. 20
    Buneary(Bunny Boy) Lv. 16
    Timburr(Woodchuck) Lv. 17

Dead

Update!!!

-Got a Growlithe(Lancelot) as my Virbank Complex encounter but decided to box it because I really don't need a pure Fire-Type when I got my Pignite(Oscar). If something were to happen to my Pignite though I might consider Growlithe
    -Did a bunch of Training on Wild Audino
    -Beat the 2nd Gym without a problem.
    -Currently in Castelia City

Update 2!!!

-Got Trubbish(Dusty) as my Route 4 encounter and trained it up to level 20
    -Purrlion and Patrat evolved respectively
    -Did a bunch of Fes missions
    -Got Zubat(Venom) as my Castelia Sewer encounter and replaced Trubbish with Zubat. No need to have both a Pure Poison-Type and Poison/Flying Type.
    -Got Buneary(Bunny Boy) as my Castelia City encounter in the Castelia Gardens. Boxed it though
    -Got Timburr(Woodchuck) as my Relic Passage encounter. Boxed it as well
    -Trained with Wild Audino
    -Zubat evolved
    -Beat The Castelia Gym without a problem or a death
    -I keep getting only Male Pokemon for some reason -_-
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 28th December 2012 at 5:03 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

has anybody done a dreamworld lock? kind of like an egg lock, but you can only use pokemon you get from the dream world? itll be rough to start, but it would be... fun?
    I had to reset my 3DS,

Friend Code is 4742-6299-3861

Friend Safari- Pyroar, Growlithe, Fletchingder

Looking for scyther, Frogadier, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Ditto, Eevee

Hola, chaps!

After taking a hefty break from Pokémon, I've finally got round to getting myself White 2. To add some extra fun to the new game, I've decided to run in blind with a Nuzlocke challenge.
    Always loved Nuzlockes, as they really add to the role-playing part of the RPG with Pokémon.

Usual rules apply, as well as the "first-on-route-regardless" rule; as in, catch whatever you encounter first, whether or not you've already caught one.
    This just seems more realistic to me, and can make for some hilarious playthroughs. My four Bidoof Platinum run is genuinely one of the most fun challenges I've ever done!
    Also, I'll decide when I've reached a new area. There's some locations in Pokémon games with the same place name that I feel should really be separate (think Pinwheel Forest and that rainy area with the rock).

RIGHTY! That's that, so without further ado, I shall crack on. Updates periodically.

Wish me luck!
    White 2 Nuzlocke Challenge Location: Castelia City Gym Badges: 2 DEFEAT

Nice try team. You shall be avenged! Burgh shall be destroyed on my next visit!

Well, I know that we shouldn't double post, but I assume it's fine seeing as it's been a few days?

On to business. My first Nuzlocke in a while, and all's going swimmingly so far. Clocked about six hours today, without much to mar my progress! As decided by public poll I started with the charming Snivy, and named him Basil. As I trekked onwards to find Hugh and give him that cumbersome Town Map (Seriously? There's one in every Pokémon Centre!) I picked up Paris the Patrat and Vivienne the Sewaddle, and decided that the theme of the adventure is to be "upper-class tomfoolery"! Sure, we may be slumming it a little on the road, but we can't wait to get back to the mansion for a pot of Earl Grey!

Duke the Lillipup promptly jumped aboard ship when we reached Floccesy Ranch, huzzah! Though Paris now looked to be left in the dirt after a while, she peoved her worth during a scary battle with Hugh, who jumped as we were looking around. Despite his Tepig's beefiness, a careful "switch-and-leer" tactic couple with his seeming inability to use Ember saved the day! Hugh pacified, Herdier rescued and Team Plasma shooed off, it was time to hit the road again.

As we reached Virbank, the discovery of a Poison gym meant that we couldn't just rush on in, what with half the team being weak to the type! So, we headed down to the Virbank Complex to see if we couldn't pick up some extra help. A Growlithe was the first to jump out of the grass and, one Pokéball later, Fredrick became the next welcome addition to our team. A bit of training, and we hit the gym! Or club, apparently. Between Fredrick and the newly-evolved Duke, their double-Intimidate-combo proved too much for Roxie. Badge number two!

After that, not much went on battle-wise for a while, as we were rather busy starting our film careers! After we got back on track though, it only took a brief scuffle with Team Plasma before we reached Castelia City via a speedy boat. After exploring the city for a while, we met up with Iris outside the Castelia gym, where we both discovered that Burgh the gym leader had wandered off again! Not to be deterred, we headed over to the "dodgy" part of town, the sewers.

Hugh showed up as we arrived, intriguingly eager yet again to deal with Team Plasma first hand. A personal vendetta brewing, perhaps? Regardless, we teamed up as we headed underground. Hugh's magical healing powers and level twenty Pignite made it rather easy to smash our way through the tunnels at first. But dammit if we were going to let that stop us! A sneaky Pokéball snagged us a new friend; Vincent the Zubat!

With a newly bolstered team, and an easy way to make some levels up, it's without fear that we head on deeper into the dark sewers. What awaits us inside? Nothing we can't handle, I'm sure...

Basil the Jolly Servine | Level 19
    Paris the Lonely Patrat | Level 7
    Vivienne the Quirky Sewaddle | Level 18
    Duke the Naughty Herdier | Level 19
    Fredrick the Naive Growlithe | Level 17
    Vincent the Adamant Zubat | Level 16

Thanks for reading this wall of text, if you've managed to make it this far! Tune in next time!

EDIT: Wow... Challenge over. Never before has a Pokémon team been so brutally sodomised as mine was by Burgh's Dwebble. That Leavanny was just the icing on the cake. Retreating to lick my wounds for now, but I shall return!
    Last edited by primavista; 9th January 2013 at 2:58 PM. Reason: New info!
    White 2 Nuzlocke Challenge Location: Castelia City Gym Badges: 2 DEFEAT

Nice try team. You shall be avenged! Burgh shall be destroyed on my next visit!

So yeah, it's been a while since I first started my Nuzlocke. Where to begin? At the beginning of course!

So after having picked Tepig in black, I thought I should pick someone else in black 2, prompting the choice of an Oshawott, named Garet. I met the weird chick with glasses (Bianca), my rival with badd-*** hair (Glenn) and his whiney little sister (I call her Tallulah). I headed to Flocessy town, picking up a Patrat (Zion) on the way. He proved to be very useful when I was ambushed by some old dude jumping off a Cliff.

Then I went to the Ranch, and caught Bobble the Purloin on the way. Bobble is certainly fast, but GOTT IN HIMMEL is it weak. Scratch does barely anything. Faced a grunt in a grudge math for a Herdier, and proceeded to give up on catching an Azurmaril. Those things are WEAK!

Did a helluva lot of training, before finally taking on Cheren's gym. I recall it took me 5 eps of my HG Nuzlocke to get to Falkner's gym, so it was a relief to be getting their sooner in B2 (one episode doesn't sound like much, but it kinda is!). That concludes my current uploaded videos (found here http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...X9swLQ9W28-Iwn)

Anyhoo, played one more ep and its rendering now, probably to go up on Sunday. In it I catch a new poke in Virbank complex, but which one? It's a doozy

Hope you check in, like and subscribe to the series, cause I'm really enjoying making them! Peace out my bruders!
    Check out my Heart Gold Nuzlocke, here:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo2G...?feature=guide
    It's not half bad, if I say so myself.

NEW: Started a Black 2 Nuzlocke! Watch it on my channel. Subscribe and I'll sub back!

Spoiler:- Unova Region Map:

I'm finding this Nuzlocke of Pokemon White to be very simple. So far the only real major casualty was 'Chomp' the Sandile which I was training up for Elesa! Instead after a bit of training we are going to have to take her on with this team:

Porkchop Lv. 27
    Tackle - Flame Charge - Rollout - Arm Thrust
    Clyde Lv. 28
    Dig - Tackle - Work Up - Crunch
    Lillian Lv. 28
    Qiver Dance - Leech Seed - Sleep Powder - Giga Drain
    Agent-A Lv. 25
    Pluck - Ancient Power - Agility - Quick Guard

Lillian will most likely stay out of the way due to the flying and fire type attacks. And Agent-A hopefully will never enter the field. I'm tempted to train Clyde up to level 32 so that he will evolve and can easily take out Zebstrika.

Spoiler:- Reserves:

Spoiler:- Dead:
    Pokemon Y FC: 3668-8625-7027
    Combee, Volbeat, Pinsir

Hmm... Its been so long since I started my Black one (like a week lol) But first until a week or so ago I had no idea what Nuzlocke was. I heard it ALL THE TIME on here and I thought it was some cheat thing (no idea why, I was thinking like those GameShark things). But once I did I loved it. I had Black but never started it so I began my own Nuzlocke Challenge. However Monday my brother threw my already damaged DS and snapped it in half. So I'm playing on my boyfriend's whenever I'm at his house. Its killing me not playing it...

I got Tepig and named him Korah. I really liked him... I lost him at the second gym, due to a a freakin' critical hit. Ugh. He's in my Fallen box.

Here's a condensed form of my team! -Black:RamothLv. 30, ZionLv. 32, MordecaiLv. 31, ShilohLv. 30, Adrial Lv. 30 Carmel Lv. 25

The Fallen....: Korah

I'm really glad I did the Nuzlocke Challenge. I actually had started Black with Oshawott. I wasn't feeling it. I didn't even make it to the first gym. Plus I never caught Pokemon because I'm all about how they look and I wasn't really liking the way they looked. So the Nuzlocke challenge actually changed me, and I haven't even finished yet (4th gym!).

"He found new appreciation for Pokemon he would have previously never bothered to capture" This actually happened to me. I hated my Patrat when I caught it but now I love Ramoth! Did this happen to anybody else?
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Doing a Pokemon White Wedlocke (inspired by Marriland) and my current squad is (I named my Pokemon after brands!):

Pair 1

Lvl 23 Toshiba the Female Lvl 24 Samsung the Male

Pair 2
    Lvl 16 Microsoft the Male Lvl 19 Sony the Female

Pair 3
    Lvl 14 Adidas the Male

Current Mission: Take down Plasma in Pinwheel Forrest
    *Will be training everyone to Lvl 23 before Burgh
    *Most likely going to be getting Tirtouga as my fossil if I still have Sony
    *Wedlockes are a great Nuzlocke variant and I would recommend them to you

Casualties:
    Apple the Female Chevron the Male
    (Both deaths in the Dreamyard before the gym...)
    Last edited by CovertNinja; 22nd January 2013 at 1:19 AM.

My 3DS Friend Code is 4656-7001-6257
        Spoiler:- Ghost Friend Safari:

Spoiler:- Hall of Fame:

I'm starting off my first White file with a boom! Nuzlock Challenge Run <3 There is also an extra addition of naming pokemon after characters in the Pokemon franchise using their Japanese Name, since my game is Japanese. Anyways, it's Update No.1!

- Begin Game, started with Tepig.
    - Fought Cheren and Bianca, both went down speedily.
    - I listened to Juniper talk, blah blah blah. I named my Tepig "Blaze" (originally it was just supposed to be a typical nuzlock run), to be renamed soon.
    - Route 1: Captured a female Lillipup and named it Shirona (Cynthia from Sinnoh)
    - Bianca went down easily too, during the battle at route 1.
    - Did the basic tutorials (boring stuff), then battled N, another swift win.
    - Route 2: Captured a male Patrat and named it Kojiro (James from Team Rocket) as a HM Slave
    - After reaching Striation City, I immediately went to the Dreamyard.
    - Dreamyard: Received a male Pansage and named it Dashira (Noland from Hoenn's Battle Frontier)
    - Beat Cheren easily, Noland took care of Oshawott, and Purrloin wasn't even a match
    - Striation Gym: Cynthia landed a Critical hit on Cress's Lillipup, and Noland just outright destroyed Panpour (well sorta)
    - Beat the Plasma goons at Dreamyard
    - Dreamyard: Captured a male Munna (Munna should be all female lol) and named it Jun (Barry the rival from Sinnoh)
    - Totally dominated the nursery school
    - Route 3: I missed out on a wild Patrat using Bide while training, so there goes Noland. Goodbye Noland, you'll be missed, Dashira :'(
    - Route 3: I caught a Pidove and named it Hayato (Falkner the gym leader from Johto)
    - Beat Cheren
    - Beat the Plasma Goons at Wellspring Cave
    - Wellspring Cave: Caught a male Rognerrola and named it Takeshi (Brock from Kanto)
    - Grinded Brock for a bit.
    - While training, Cynthia and Blaze both evolved!
    - Saved.

Team
    Blaze/Pignite
    Lv. 17 Male
    - Flame Charge
    - Ember
    - Tackle
    - Arm Thrust

Shirona (Cynthia)/Herdier
    Lv 16 Female
    - Bite
    - Take Down
    - Helping Hand
    - Tackle

Takeshi (Brock)/Rognerrola
    Lv. 15 Male
    - Tackle
    - Rock Blast
    - Sand Attack
    - Headbutt

Kojiro (James)/Patrat
    Lv. 7 Male
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Bite
    - Cut

Reserves
    Lv. 10: Jun (Barry/Sinnoh) the Munna
    Lv. 11: Hayato (Falkner/Johto) the Pidove

Dead
    Lv 10~12 : Datsura (Noland/Hoenn) the Pansage. Died to a wild Patrat's Bide
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 6th February 2013 at 12:13 PM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I've been meaning to post here for awhile. I recently started a White 2 Nuzlocke. I'd started one on here several months ago, but I wound up restarting as I'd let it sit for awhile and basically forgotten where I was. My run is actually complete, so I'll just be posting in sections rather than all of it at once.

RETURN OF NATE: A WHITE VERSION 2 NUZLOCKE
    Rules
    1. If a Pokemon faints, it must be boxed permanently and is considered dead.
    2. Only the first Pokemon in each area can be caught, not counting gift Pokemon.
    3. Duplicates are allowed.

Just for the record, I consider this to be the direct sequel to my favorite Nuzlocke I've ever done, my White Nuzlocke from a year ago. For reference, here's my stats from the end of the White Nuzlocke:

Spoiler:- White Nuzlocke Team and Deaths:

Part 1: The Aspertia City Gym Badge
    - My journey started off in beautiful Aspertia City. Honestly, it's probably my favorite starting town from a game . . . except maybe New Bark Town. And possibly Littleroot. Or Pallet. Let's just say it's in the running for the Top 4 :P
    - Geesh, this is awfully direct. No saving a professor or getting attacked by wild Pokemon? I just get to pick one out? It seems to good to be true. Thank you, Bianca, for this wonderful gift. I chose an Oshawott. I named him Percy. We shall be best friends for eternity, Son of the Sea God.
    - Percy totally demolished my rival Hugh's Snivy. BOW DOWN TO THE SON OF THE SEA GOD!
    - I love a lot of things about Black 2 and White 2, but topping the list has to be the fact that you get Poke Balls before you even leave the starting town. HECK YES! Why didn't they figure this out sooner?
    - The first capture is always one of the most exciting. In this case . . . it was Max the Patrat. He's kind of a twitchy fellow. Scurry, sniff, FLINCH!
    - Hey Alder, good to see you buddy. Now can you explain exactly what your obsession is with jumping off cliffs?
    - Hello, Floccesy Town . . . goodbye, Floccesy Town.
    - On Route 20, I caught . . . another Patrat. Seriously? Already? Oh well. His name is Swifty, and he shall be an HM Slave of epic proportions.
    - After reaching Floccesy Ranch, I immediately headed into the grass to get my new capture. What could I find? Lillipup, or maybe Mareep? Just anything but another Patrat. And my capture is . . . RIOLU? This is officially the greatest Nuzlocke of all time. His name is Aaron, and he shall be the greatest Sir who ever lived.
    - The game proved itself to be a real jerk. I ran into TWO MORE RIOLU right in a row after catching Aaron. Back in Black 2, it took me A HALF HOUR to find ONE Riolu, and now in a freaking Nuzlocke I catch one and find two more. I despise irony -_-
    - Aaron proved himself right off the bat by taking down Hugh in the second battle.
    - Uh oh, Team Plasma is afoot, and in some wicked new duds too. Before they looked like pious religious space-knights, but now they look like freaking terrorists. It makes sense, considering how the team has split.
    - Aaron proved himself even further by defeating both of the trainers who challenged me in Alder's house. I don't think a Nuzlocke has ever been kinder to me than in giving me my awesome Riolu :3
    - And the first Gym battle has finally arrived. Bring it on, Cheren old buddy! Bring it on!
    - The battle with Cheren was surprisingly easy. He's given me trouble in the past, but this time was relatively non-stressful. Percy beat Patrat and Aaron beat Lillipup with a well-timed Counter.

Team

Percy, Max, Swifty, Aaron

Part 2: The Virbank City Gym Badge
    After wrapping things up in Aspertia City, I headed east across Route 20 to reach Virbank City.
    - I headed straight to the Virbank Complex to get my next capture. And the lucky catch is . . . Triumph the Insult-Comic Growlithe. He can keep the rest of the team entertained with riotous jokes at the expense of infamous celebrities.
    - I did a ton of training in the Virbank Complex, both against the trainers and wild Audino. During that training period, both Percy and Max evolved.
    - With my team heavily leveled-up, I went to the Gym to take on Roxie in an easy battle. Percy beat Koffing and Triumph beat Whirlipede.
    - Great, Team Plasma is stirring up even more trouble now. I took on some Grunts alongside Hugh and Roxie and pursued them to Route 20 before they managed to slip away. Oh well, there will be more time for them later. Now, it's off to Castelia City!

Team

Percy, Max, Swifty, Aaron, Triumph
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 23rd February 2013 at 6:07 PM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Huge fail, I just realised that I scrambled up the orders for Noland's death and capture of Falkner so it seemed like Noland was killed first then Falkner was capture, which goes against the rules.

Anyways, long time no update and I forgot the orders which I did things...

On a side note, I counted the external of Pinwheel Forest (available before the gym) as a separate area from the Pinwheel Forest. So yeah, just a heads up.

Update 1 (to be updated)
    - Reached Nacrene City.
    - Pinwheel Forest [External]: Just trained there. None of the Pokemon interested me, especially since my first 'seen' was a Patrat.
    - Grinded a bit at Pinwheel Forest.
    - Took down the local Gym Leader, Lenora, easily. Takeshi walled Lenora well while the Herdier vs Herdier showdown was great, and Cynthia, despite being a lower level, won!
    - Plasma Goons stole the Dragon Skull, and I have to go chase them down with Burgh.
    - Pinwheel Forest [Internal]: Caught Hikari (Dawn from Pokemon D/P Anime).
    - Cleared the first grunt, and I realised me team was slightly underleveled. Back to grinding at Pinwheel Forest~ *hums*
    - Beat the grunts and cleared Pinwheel Forest. To Castelia City, Yeeha!
    - Reached Castelia City
    - Beat the Plasma Goons once again!
    - Challenged the Castelia Gym. Simple. Pignite (renamed to Satoshi- Ash from the anime) took care of Whirlpede and Leavanny with a trusty Flame Charge, while Brock beat Dwebble with Rock Blast.
    - Saved.

Team
    Satoshi (Ash)/Pignite
    Lv. 25 Male
    - Flame Charge
    - Ember
    - Tackle
    - Arm Thrust

Shirona (Cynthia)/Herdier
    Lv 20 Female
    - Bite
    - Take Down
    - Helping Hand
    - Tackle

Takeshi (Brock)/Rognerrola
    Lv. 22 Male
    - Iron Defense
    - Rock Blast
    - Sand Attack
    - Headbutt

Hikari (Dawn)/Petill
    Lv. 20 Female
    - Magical Leaf
    - Sleep Power
    - Mega Drain
    - Leech Seed

Kojiro (James)/Patrat
    Lv. 7 Male
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Bite
    - Cut

Reserves

Dead

ASB Squad

WHITE 2 NUZLOCKE ADVENTURE

Part 3: The Castelia City Gym Badge
    - Ah, Castelia City, I've missed you so. I'm back on familiar ground.
    - I went straight through Castelia to Route 4 to get my next capture. I got Al the Scraggy, the only Scraggy that uses Attract. Yes ladies, he's always available
    - I did some training in the Battle Company and visited all of the other places-of-interest in Castelia City before heading to the Gym . . .
    - . . . Which is apparently closed. At least my old buddy Iris has something for me to do. Team Plasma is up to even more trouble, and apparently they're hiding out in the sewers which are for some odd reason open to the general public. Seriously, why would you let random people off the street into the main sewer system of a metropolitan city? More importantly, why would they want to go down there? These Castelians are an odd bunch.
    - Hey Hugh, good to see you. I need all of the help I can get exploring this hellhole. Where else in the Pokemon world can you be tormented with a double battle against a wild Zubat and Rattata? It's just too much! Speaking of which, my new capture is a Zubat, because that's preferable to Rattata. Her name is Robin.
    - After some training in the sewer, Hugh and I finally found Team Plasma. We kicked their butts, and afterward Aaron evolved. HECK. YES.
    - On top of beating Team Plasma, I also found Burgh and met some weird scientist with gravity-defying hair. Sort of like me in the mornings.
    - I briefly entered the Relic Passage and caught a Roggenrola. His name is Crag. I also went up into the grassy park of Castelia and caught a Skitty. Her name is Dizzy.
    - I went off to the Gym and started making my way to the top. Robin evolved as I was going up.
    - I defeated Burgh without any trouble. Robin beat Swadloon, Percy beat Dwebble, and Triumph beat Leavanny.
    - With badge in hand, I headed north to Route 4 to begin my intense training in the desert.

Team

Percy, Max, Aaron, Triumph, Robin, Crag

Others

Swifty, Al, Dizzy

Part 4: The Nimbasa City Gym Badge aka EVERYONE DIES
    - No matter what game, Route 4 and the Desert Resort only mean one thing . . . INTENSE TRAINING!
    - Lots of new captures on the routes surrounding Nimbasa City. Here's a quick list:
    - Desert Resort: Pearl the Dwebble
    - Relic Castle: Tommy the Sandshrew
    - Route 5: Sabor the Liepard
    - Route 16: Critical-hit killed another Liepard
    - Lostlorn Forest: Halt the Swadloon
    - With all of these captures, I headed back to the desert for more training . . . but just as in my original White Nuzlocke, death was nipping at my heels . . .
    - First was Al. It was completely my fault; I kept him in to fight a wild Sigilyph. I thought he could take it out with Faint Attack, but it wasn't enough. He got taken down by Air Cutter. How could I be so stupid? I am sorry, Al. I will never forget you, and neither will the ladies you loved so much.
    - The next loss wasn't exactly my fault, but it was equally horrifying. I came up against a wild Trapinch while I had Pearl out front. I couldn't escape its Arena Trap and Pearl could hardly do a thing to defend herself. It was hard to watch, being unable to help in anyway.
    - And still the pain wasn't over. Tommy was fighting another wild Sandshrew. He hit it with Magnitude 8 and it barely survived. The wild Sandshrew responded with Magnitude 7 . . . CRITICAL HIT. Sorry, Tommy.
    - On the brighter side, Crag evolved while training, and Robin evolved a second time.
    - The deaths were all tough, but I trooped on and prepared to battle Elesa. I entered the Gym with a team of Max, Aaron, Triumph, Crag, Sabor, and Halt. One wouldn't come back out . . .
    - I started off with Crag, hoping to take out Emolga quickly with Rock Blast, but it naturally outsped Crag and started the Volt Switch shenanigans. Long story short, I was repeatedly pestered by everything using Volt Switch. I managed to take out Emolga and Flaaffy, while Crag, Halt, and Aaron were all brought to the brink of fainting. I started off with Max fighting Zebstrika, but he took a hard-hit from Volt Switch. I swapped in Sabor so that I could heal Max, but while I was doing that, Zebstrika got in a critical-hit Volt Switch. Following in the footsteps of Elva the Yamask from my White Nuzlocke, Sabor fell to Elesa's Zebstrika. Following that, Max came back in and finished off Zebstrika, but it couldn't bring Sabor back. She will be missed.
    - With a new badge and a heavy heart, I set off for Driftveil City.

Team

Percy, Max, Aaron, Triumph, Robin, Halt

Main Reserves
    Crag

Deaths
    Al Lv. 17 - 21
    Pearl Lv. 19
    Tommy Lv. 20 - 21
    Sabor Lv. 24 - 27
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 23rd February 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Author's Profile

Hello! I have just started my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke Challenge!
    I had already gotten through the beginning part, and I'm at route 19.
    My current rules are the basic 3 rules (the 3rd being the nicknaming rule)

Current Team:
    SolidSnake (Snivy) LVL 6
    Felicia (Purrloin) LVL 4

My player name:
    Derp

I'll update before every gym/elite four/champion battle, with exceptions.

*UPDATE*

I almost forgot another rule:
    Each part of a cave/multi-part area counts as 1 area.

Thankfully, I have not run into an area that this rule applies to.

Anyways:

Current Team:
    SolidSnake (Snivy) LVL 12
    Felicia (Purrloin) LVL 11

The Pokemon that Died:
    Ike (Lillipup) LVL 7-12

Deaths: 1

I am very sorry, Ike, for letting you down to the GYM LEADER!!!
    I hope there will be a new pokemon, like Magnemite or something.

Badges: 1
    Deaths in Gym/Elite Four/Champion Battles: 1

Ok so i am going to do a nuzlocke in my white version and i have a question concerning Zorua
    i have the event Celebi in the Black 2
    am i allowed to trade my event Celebi to my white just to obtain zorua?

Part 5: The Driftveil City Gym Badge
    - Wow, that Charles guy really is a heartbreaker . . . uh, was that out loud? Anyway, I kicked his sorry butt and headed out for Driftveil.
    - Lalala it's a wonderful bridge lalala OMIGOSH A DUCKLETT JUST HIT ME IN THE FACE. Her name is Daisy.
    - Plasma vs. Plasma! Another of my favorite parts of BW2 is the Plasma schism. It's an original idea and a well-played one at that.
    - I curb-stomped Rood in a battle and took N's Zorua to join my party. If I could nickname him, I'd probably go with something like . . . Zorro. Yeah, that's original.
    - I went out to Route 6 to train before the Gym. On Route 6, I caught a Deerling and named her Lisa. I also briefly ducked into Chargestone Cave and caught a Ferroseed, who I named Ross.
    - While training, both Halt and Zorua evolved.
    - Finally, I took on Clay. Percy and Halt annihilated him.
    - Next time . . . to the World Tournament!

Team

Percy, Max, Aaron, Triumph, Halt, Zoroark

Main Reserves

Robin, Crag

Deaths
    Al Lv. 17 - 21
    Pearl Lv. 19
    Tommy Lv. 20 - 21
    Sabor Lv. 24 - 27

Part 6: The Mistralton City Gym Battle
    - Before going into the PWT, I went through the Relic Passage and defeated Volcarona. While there, Percy evolved for the final time. Mah sweet bebes are growing up :3
    - I'M GOIN' INTO DA TOURNAMENT
    - I'M GOIN' OUTTA DA TOURNAMENT. BRING ME MAH TROPHY, PEONS.
    - Ah crap, Team Plasma's being jerks again. I think I'll leave Hugh and Cheren to take care of them this time.
    - Well, now that all that ugly business is behind us, it's time to . . . SURF!!!
    - I did all of the stuff that can be done with Surf, getting a few new captures along the way. In Mistralton Cave, I caught Henry the Axew. He can certainly be useful against Drayden. In Virbank City, I caught Davy Jones the Frillish.
    - I made my way through Chargestone Cave without incident.
    - I headed through Mistralton City and went to train on Route 7. My new capture was a Tranquill. I named her Margo.
    - And then disaster struck in one of the worst possible ways. Henry was just about to evolve. He was fighting a trainer's Baltoy and nearly knocked it out with X-Scissor . . . and was then the victim of Selfdestruct. I'm sorry you couldn't stay longer, Henry, you would have been an epic addition to the team.
    - I went into Celestial Tower for even more training. My new capture was a Litwick, who I creatively named Lumiere.
    - Finally, I challenged Skyla. I didn't have anyone with a clear-cut advantage. It's so different from White, where I decimated her with Archie the Archeops and Charlotte the Galvantula. Sadly, both are dead now . . .
    - . . . But that's in the past. Zoroark put up a good fight against Swoobat, but he wound up infatuated and taking heavy damage, so I switched him out for Aaron, who finished the battle. Triumph easily took down Skarmory and Max was able to beat Swanna in a semi-challenging battle. It was tough-and-go for awhile, but he pulled through and got me my sixth badge.

Team

Percy, Max, Aaron, Triumph, Halt, Zoroark

Main Reserves

Robin, Crag

Deaths
    Al Lv. 17 - 21
    Pearl Lv. 19
    Tommy Lv. 20 - 21
    Sabor Lv. 24 - 27
    Henry Lv. 29 - 36
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 28th February 2013 at 4:18 AM.

Author's Profile

So I just started my first nuzlocke challenge ever on Black version. Let me tell you, I suck at this.

I started with Ganon the tepig. lucked out, he's adamant and proud of his power. I'll be checking his iv's later.

So I hit the first route catch Golf Ball, while training him he gets crit and dies.

In the second route I catch Puddy Tat. In trying to train him up he gets double crit and dies.

So After this I get Fonzie, I trained him for a level and decide level 4s suck *** to train him on, so I go to the gym to beat the two trainers before Cress. On the second trainer Fonzie dies to bide when he fails to kill the patrat. He got one shot. All I have left is my level 14 Ganon. I say **** it. I've chalked this one up to a failed nuzlock and just to finish things I walk straight up to Cress and challenge him like a boss with BIG CAJONES.

I manage to beat Cress lilipup by only taking minimal damage. So here it is, the moment of truth. My level 14 Ganon w/ 3 potions an oran berry equipped and 1 fresh water at 40 hp vs. his lv. 14 Panpour.

Panpour opens with work up, Ganon uses Tackle. At this point I realize it's going to take 4 more hits to kill him. ****.

Ganon uses tackle for hit #2, Panpour uses water gun for 26 points of damage. Oran berry triggers. I have 24 hp. ****.

I use a potion bringing me to 44 hp, Panpour hits with water gun dropping me to 18 hp. **** **** ****.

I use a 2nd potion out of futility. 38 hp. Wrecked again with Water gun. 12hp left.

I burn my third and final potion. 32 hp. Water gun once again douses my hopes and dreams. 6 hp left.

At this points it's for all the marbles. So I rock my freshwater to bring me to 46 hp, just before amazingly he used WORK UP. 46 hp left.

Zero healing items. Full hp. 2 hits from death. I still need to hit the panpour 3 times to finish him.

I have ganon to use tackle, he gets smashed int he face with water gun. 20 hp left.

Then a miracle happens. Ganon uses tackle and CRITS! Panpour faints without being able to use water gun.

I win? I win! Holy ****balls I win. I can continue? I CAN CONTINUE!

and thats where I am now, about to enter the dreamyard.

Survivors:

Ganon lv. 15

Fatalities

Golf Ball lv. 4-6

Puddy Tat lv. 4-5

Fonzie lv. 10-11
    3DS FC: 4699-5691-3223

MESSAGE ME ON SKYPE TO GET A HOLD OF ME QUICKEST
    Black 2 FC: Pid 1636 3572 7947

So...I am doing myself a Mono type Nuzlocke on White 2. Yep, more harder than the normal Nuzlocke because you can only use one type, and one type only. I randomized my type (1-17)...and I got 10. Flying Mono Type Challenge, GOOOOO!

RULES!
    1. Rule One: Can only catch the first Flying type Pokemon on each route. I have the game randomized, making this task easier. If the Pokemon is on this list, than I can catch it.
    2. Rule Two: If my Pokemon faint, than they are dead and can no longer be used! No ifs ands or buts about it.
    3. Rule Three: If I black out, I have the choice to keep going, or restart with a new type. Depending on how far I am will determand this.
    4. Rule Four: HM slaves will be caught if I do not have a Pokemon who can use HM moves (Surf...really)
    5. Rule Five: Because the PWT is a mandatory thing, and the Pokemon heal after each battle, If a Pokemon faint, they MIGHT not be dead in the end. I still haven't thought this one threw, yet.
    6. Rule Six: Shiny Lock! If I run into a Shiny Pokemon, no matter what type, I am able to catch it; even if it is not the first encounter.

So, I start my game, naming myself Scratch...based off of Robotnik's Henchmen, Scratch (the chicken from AoStH). I guess it's a bit weird, but I went with it. Went through the beginning, and started off with Tepig. I didn't know how to randomize the starter, sadly. The explination to WHY I chose Tepig is so I do not get an advantage with his starter. Snivy is weak to Flying, while Emboar is, too.
    After crushing Hugh and getting my running shoes plus ten Poke Balls (along with ten Potions), I go with Bianca and watch her catch a Perrloin...HEY, Bianca, you are breaking Ta rules! Flying types ONLY! Cheater.

Then, my first real Pokemon.

Dove the Pidove. Level 2 female. Quiet for the Nature, which raises Special Attack and lowers Speed. Super Luck for the Ability.

I love the Pidove line, so I am quite happy that this was my first catch. I release Tepig, and get her up in levels.

Seeing Alder, getting more levels, fight myself some trainers, and run into my next flying Pokemon...
    Flying, Ice type...

Winter the Delibird. Level 3 female. Docile for the Nature, which does nothing. Hustle for the Ability...

Yeah, I wish it was the other Flying Ice type, too. After a few levels, I just box her and leave. She only learns ONE move upon level up, and it stinks half the time. Moving on to the ranch.

Balloon the Drifblim. Level 4 female. (What...is with all the females. Scratch; you are one lucky rooster) Lax for the Nature, Which raises Defense and lowers Special Defense. Aftermath for the...Ability...well, darn it!

So, yeah...Cheren is now a breeze!
    After saving the Herdier from...harm..., and level up my Pokemon a bit, I go on and fight Cheren.
    Balloon crushes him in like...minutes...I feel so guilty for having a Drifblim so early on, but that is what happens when you are randomly getting Pokemon. Ah well!
    FIRST BADGE GOT!
    Bla bla bla, I get to the next town, go down the the Verbank complex...and catch my next flying bird thing.

Wanda the Doduo. Level 10...female. Gentle for the Nature, which raises Special Defense and lowers Defense. Run Away for the Ability.

I love Doduo. I had on in a FireRed Omega Nuzlocke a while ago; so I named her after that Doduo; Wanda.

Now, this is where my journal ends for the day. Leveling up my Flying Birds to level...I guess 18 for the gym. JOY! (Now off to get the nature of my Pokemon in XD...haven't gotten to that run in a few weeks.)

Team:
    Dove Lv14 female
    Balloon Lv14 female
    Wanda Lv10 female
    -n/a-
    -n/a-
    -n/a-

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Spoiler:- Death:

~Mist

Update 3
    - Today was a sad day.
    - Grinded a bit using the dancers in Castelia City.
    - I fought Bianca. It was an easy fight. However, her stupid Munna landed a crit Psybeam on Cynthia, causing it to die. I shouldn't have saved you, you backstabbing b!tch, Munna ;_;
    - I trained Dawn. I spammed level it, because Elesa's stupid Emolga would outright kill it. Beat the trainers in the desert, at least, all that I could before facing Cheren.
    - My first encounter was a Scraggy, which I named Touki, Brawly, the Fighting type gym leader from RSE. It shall be Cynthia's replacement, but the Sinnoh champion will never be forgotten ;_;
    - Saved.

Update 4
    - Update with another death.
    - Beat Cheren in the Desert Resort. Went back to Castelia to get my exp. share.
    - During the Battle Company, the stupid Trubbish haxed my Scraggy to death. GG. Scraggy. On the positive side, my Pokemon levelled a bit. Brock learned Smack Down!

Team

Satoshi (Ash)/Pignite
    Lv. 26 Male

Takeshi (Brock)/Roggenrola
    Lv. 23 Male

Hikari (Dawn)/Petilil
    Lv. 25 Female

Kojiro (James)/Patrat
    Lv. 7 Male

Reserves

Dead
    Lv 4~20 : Shirona (Cynthia/Sinnoh) the Herdier. Died to Bianca's ****ing backstabbing Munna
    Lv 15~17 : Touki (Brawly/Hoenn) the Scraggy. Died to a random janitor's hax Trubbish
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 24th March 2013 at 5:47 AM.

ASB Squad

Thinking of doing a White 2 nuzlocke... ^^
    And since I have every starter im going to go with a randomizer for the starter, and on gift pokemon too.
    What is the best rng to use on this?
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Just found this thread as I approach the 3rd gym of my black 2 nuzlocke.
    My team:
    servine Lvl 22
    Watchdog lvl 22
    Leavanny lvl. 22
    Magby lvl 22
    Sandile lvl 22
    raticate lvl 22

Deaths:
    lillipup lvl 11
    timburr lvl. 18
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Ugh, stupid Elesa. The nuzlock game failed. I'm going to try a hit me with your best shot challenge name -_-

ASB Squad

I started a Black Nuzlocke a couple of days ago.
    Okay, so I tell Juniper that I'm a male, because I am. I then tell her I'm named Raven. She believed it. Then she welcomed me to the wonderful world of cockfighting! - er, I think she meant to say Pokemon battles, though. I choose Oshawott, and nickname it Neptune, cuz yeah, its that cool. Anyway, I'm just going to skip everything else, and tell you my team.
    Rules:
    - All Pokemon must be nicknamed, and be caught in standard Pokeballs.
    - If a Pokemon faints, it must be boxed until the challenge is over.
    - I must only catch the first Pokemon I see on each route.*
    *Duoes Clause.
    *Bodies of water don't count as the actual Route, each floor of a cave is counted as different, Outer Pinwheel Forest and Inner Pinwheel Forest are counted as different, legendaries can be caught, and lastly, Shinies revoke all rules when ran into.

Party:
    Neptune the Dewott
    Alexandra the Pidove
    Diggs the Drilbur

Boxed:
    Derp the Patrat
    Event Meloetta

Fallen:
    Flint the Pansear. Killed by a Preschooler's Petilil.
    Last edited by Räven; 29th March 2013 at 8:04 PM.

My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

[Raven] : [Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

Does anyone know the general rule for pokemon in rustling grass?
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Vast View Post
    I just started one about an hour ago:
    Game: White
    Badges: 0
    Rules:
    1. Pokemon that faint are considered dead
    2. You may only catch the first Pokemon every route. Don't get it = Too bad
    3. You may have an HM Slave that doesn't count as the first Pokemon and doesn't have to be the first Pokemon
    4. You may use Gift Pokemon even if not the first on the route
    5. In Game Trades may be done only if the Pokemon that I trade is the first I encounter.
    6. No duplicates
    7. You can use Revives, but only if found in the wild. You may use the Pokemon but not for the next Gym Match
    8. You may buy 1 Revive for every gym you beat and your Pokemon will not be handicapped.
    9. You may use Rare Candies you find to revive your Pokemon.

So I started the game. Chose boy and named him "Vast." I chose Snivy and named him "Serpex." I did the beginning stuff and went to Route 1 where I watched Juniper catch Patrat and I found a Patrat.

I caught him and named him "Watchy" based off of the Unova TV show "Watchy Watchog." I was going to use him but I chose to use him as a spare instead. I just left him on my team incase Serpex died. I trained Serpex to Level 8 and moved on to Accumula Town.

In Accumula Town I did the Pokemon Center stuff with Bianca and Juniper and I bought some Potions and Pokeballs. I went outside and watched Ghetsis talk about Team Plasma. I battled N and Serpex beat his Purrloin.

I went to Route 2 and got Running Shoes. I found and captured "Rover" the Lillipup. I trained so that Serpex was level 9 and Rover was Level 8. I fought the fist youngster on the Route and Saved my game.

Team:
    Serpex (Level 9)
    Rover (Level 9)

Spares:
    Watchy (Level 3)

Dead:
    None!

***UPDATE***
    Game: White
    Badges: 1

I made it to Striaton City. I went and got Panpour and named him "Splash" I challenged the Gym. I sacrificed Watchy and he died. Serpex and Rover died to Critical Hits in the gym. I am going to use the "Revive Rule" since the next Revive is in the Dreamyard. Splash beat Chili's Pansear.

Team:
    Splash (Level 12)

Spares:

Dead:
    Serpex (Level 11)
    Rover (Level 12)
    Watchy (Level 3)
    Wow dude if that happened to me Id facepalm myself and say "OK IM NOT DOING A NUZLOCKE" then quickly get my pokemon out the box and act like nothing happened(happened to me and my heracross on pokemon soul silver and Pie the pigeotto my highest level so far then I quit my nuzlock)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast