Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

So it really has been quite a while since I last updated everyone, but here goes:

> Did Roxie's gym, no losses (Woop)!
    > Gathered more members for my team, actually hitting eight in rotation at one point!
    > Beat Burgh in his cocoons
    > Defeated Plasma (Twice)
    > Lost a mon out on Route 4. And then in Desert Resort too
    > Lost one more in Nimbasa to Ingo and Emmet, currently training for Elesa's gym

I would tell you who each member of my team dying was... but that would stop you from watching my series on youtube! Aha!

So reread the rules of Serebii, and from now on the link to my channel will only be in my description rather than anywhere else. I hope you tune in!

Note: Black 2 Nuzlocke is a weekly series airing on Tuesdays.
    Check out my Heart Gold Nuzlocke, here:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo2G...?feature=guide
    It's not half bad, if I say so myself.

NEW: Started a Black 2 Nuzlocke! Watch it on my channel. Subscribe and I'll sub back!

Nuzlocke Challenge - Pokémon White

Rules

1. Can only catch first Pokémon encountered in each area.
    a. No catching duplicates, may only catch first new Pokémon you encounter.
    b. Pokémon received as a gift don't count toward the 1 catch per area rule.
    c. Shiny and legendary Pokémon are excluded from the rule but must be transferred to another game if they are not the 1st encounter in the area.

2. Fainted Pokémon must be released.
    a. Blackout and/or starter faint = Game Over.

3. Nickname every Pokémon caught.
    a. Shiny and legendary Pokémon may be excluded from the rule but will be transferred to another game if they are not nicknamed.

4. No using Repels or soft resetting to manipulate Pokémon encountered. Everything is up to fate.

Pokémon Catches

Ikkaku - Brave Oshawott (Nuvema Town, Lv. 5, male)
    Bandit - Modest Patrat (Route 1, Lv. 4, female) - Killed at Lv. 8 by Cheren at the Trainer's School
    Mustachio - Lonely Lilipup (Route 2, Lv. 4, male) - Killed at Lv. 16 by Lenora at her gym
    Rafiki - Bashful Pansear (*gift* Dreamyard, Lv. 10, male) - Killed at Lv. 15 by Lenora at her gym
    Denka - Sassy Purrloin (Dreamyard, Lv. 8, male) - Killed at Lv. 14 by Lenora at her gym
    Strut - Naive Pidove (Route 3, Lv. 8, male) - Killed at Lv. 17 by Lenora at her gym
    Mountanna - Calm Roggenrola (Wellspring Cave, Lv. 10, female)
    Warrio - Modest Tympole (Pinwheel Forest (outside), Lv. 12, male) - Killed at Lv. 12 by Twins Mayo & May in Pinwheel Forest
    Lily - Careful Petilil (Pinwheel Forest, Lv. 14, female) - Killed at Lv. 14 by Plasma Grunt in Pinwheel Forest
    Sandy - Modest Sandile (Route 4, Lv. 15, female)

Summary

I really hope the beginning of X and Y aren't so newb/child-oriented. I hate how much Juniper talks and how she has to do a tour of the pokemon center like I have never seen one in the 15 years I've been playing Pokemon. It would be nice in future games if they ask you if you have experience with other pokemon games before even asking for your gender and answering yes turns off all the tutorial type conversation at the beginning.

With that off my chest, I finally decided Pokemon White would be the game I play a Nuzlocke Challenge with. I chose Oshawott because I've never used it yet and I named it Ikkaku because Samurott reminds me of Ikkakumon. Ikkaku managed to defeat Cheren and Bianca in the first battles and after Juniper taught us how to catch pokemon, I found a Patrat and named her Bandit. I trained Ikkaku to lv 8 and Bandit to lv 6 before checking out Plasma's demonstration and fighting N. Bandit had no trouble taking out his Purloin and grew to lv 7. As soon as I walked into the grass on route 2, I encountered Lilipup and managed to catch it. I feel like I'm off to a pretty good start.

Current Team: Ikkaku Lv. 8, Bandit Lv. 7, Mustachio Lv. 4

Finished Route 2 and battled Bianca with no problems. Made it to Striation City and headed to the Trainer's School to find the gym leader. Found Cheren instead and battle ensued. Unfortunately, we both had our starter Pokémon first (I had just finished leveling Ikkaku on route 2) so I hit him with a Tackle and then a Tail Whip before switching to Bandit. She got Snivey down to 1 HP and then took a Vine Whip to the face. RIP Bandit. Mustachio proceeded to finish off the rest of Cheren's team. Found gym leader standing outside the gym, then headed to Dreamyard for training. Got Rafiki after defeating 2 trainers and headed back to Striation for R+R before returning to route 2 for more training.

Current Team: Ikkaku Lv. 11, Mustachio Lv. 11, Rafiki Lv. 10

Went to Striation Gym and beat the trainers and Cilan without losing anyone. Received Cut from Fennel and returned to the Dreamyard. Had to choose between Ikkakku and Rafiki to learn Cut since Bandit died. Chose Ikkaku because Rafiki's attacks suck enough without getting stuck with cut until I find the move deleter. Bianca barges in before me (why didn't she teach her starter cut and let me in!? ) and I rescue the Munna from Plasma. Fennel comes and takes the Dream Mist. Finally I can get to the grass. I find a couple Patrats first , but I can't catch duplicates so I keep looking until I catch Denka. Headed back to Fennel's house/lab (she really takes her work home with her ) and got my C-Gear. Finally I'm able to move on the route 3. First thing I did was drop Denka off at the daycare. Then back outside to terrorize the children and gain valuable experience.

Current Team: Ikkaku Lv. 13, Mustachio Lv. 13, Rafiki Lv. 12, Denka Lv. Daycare

After beating all the little kids, we moved on along Route 3. We were Ambushed by Cheren and another battle began, but this time I had Rafiki first. We had little difficulty beating him. Then more Plasma goons ran by and Bianca gave us a sob story about a little girl's Pokémon being stolen and we had to get it back. Before I did, I took a quick stroll through the grass and caught Strut (name might be changed later, but Unfeazant reminds me of a peacock and they strut all over the place). I ran back to the daycare and swapped Denka for Strut, then I followed the route and caught back up with Cheren. Turns out Plasma was hiding in Wellspring Cave. We made short work of the grunts and I caught Mountanna before returning to the girls. Then I picked Strut back up from the daycare and prepared to move on.

Current Team: Ikkaku Lv. 14, Mustachio Lv. 14, Rafiki Lv. 14, Denka Lv. 11, Strut Lv. 11, Mountanna Lv. 10

Continuing along the south-western part of Route 3, Denka and Mountanna both had a really close call. Denka almost got knocked out by a wild Pidove and Mountanna almost got knocked out by a trainer's Patrat. Thank God for Sturdy! I forgot that Bide didn't work like other normal attacks against rock Pokémon. Mountanna ended up leveling up and learning Rock Blast from that battle, so everything turned out OK. After we made it to Nacrene City, I talked to everyone in town hoping for free stuff before heading to the gym. Literally walked into N and we had our second battle. Denka had another close call, getting knocked into the red twice (the second time with only 1 HP left), but we made it through. I guess cats really do have 9 lives. I decided to go to Pinwheel Forest for some more training before taking on the gym. Got a TM to help against the gym leader and caught a Tympole and forgot to name it. When I find the name rater, I will call him Wartoad or maybe Warrio. I probably won't use it though since I have Ikkaku. Went into the inside part of the forest, saw lots of team Plasma and turned back around. I'd rather take them on later.

Current Team: Ikkaku Lv. 15, Mustachio Lv. 15, Rafiki Lv. 14, Denka Lv. 13, Strut Lv. 14, Mountanna Lv. 14

Didn't have time to play over the last couple days (12 hour shifts at work kinda take up all your time), but I have today and tomorrow off so I'm back at it. Just a bunch of training in the Pinwheel Forest happening for now. Mountanna beat an Audino and jumped 2 levels. Ikkaku and Mustachio both evolved. I'm having a hard time training Rafiki (too many Tympoles) and Denka, but I think I'm ready to take on Lenora's gym.

Current Team: Ikkaku Lv. 17, Mustachio Lv. 16, Rafiki Lv. 15, Denka Lv. 14, Strut Lv. 17, Mountanna Lv. 17

I really should stop playing this blind. I had no memory of Lenora having a level 20 Watchog. I beat her in the end, but she reduced me to 2 Pokemon, Ikkaku and Mountanna. Denka put up a surprisingly good fight and ensured Ikkaku's victory over Watchog by using Sand Attack about 5 times before he got Crunched. And now Lenora wants my help with team Plasma? She's lucky I have no choice. If this was Skyrim, she'd be a looted corpse and the guards would be after me every time I went back to Nacrene City. With Warrio taken out of storage, I only have 3 pokemon left. I don't think it's worth it to try and keep going, but we'll see what happens.

Current Team: Ikkaku Lv. 18, Mountanna Lv. 18, Warrio Lv. 12

First battle in the Pinwheel Forest is a double battle against two little girls that both have Sewaddle. All of my pokemon are weak against their Razor Leaf. Both of them used it on Warrio and Mountanna and Warrio died in his first battle. I managed to catch a Petilil and named her Lily after Lilymon. However, she also died in her first battle against a Plasma Grunt. I technically haven't failed, but my heart truly isn't in this Nuzlock challenge anymore.

Current Team: Ikkaku Lv. 20, Mountanna Lv. 19

Made it the rest of the way through Pinwheel Forest with my remaining 2 Pokemon and finally got to Castelia. Wandered the town talking to as many people as I could, found two of the three dancers. Then went north to Route 4 to find my next Pokemon. Caught Sandy (generic, I know, but I didn't have any other ideas at the time). I'm going to make sure she gets to a really high level before I try to take on Burg.

Current Team: Ikkaku Lv. 22, Mountanna Lv. 21, Sandy Lv. 15

Not much to say in this update. I backtracked to the entrance to Pinwheel Forest and trained Sandy near the nurse. Went further south than before and made it to the challenge rock. Too bad I don't have a fighting pokemon. I saw plenty of Timburr and Throh and wished I could catch one. I had another close call with Mountanna in a double battle in the dark grass, but everything turned out well. Anyway, Sandy made it to level 20 and I found the 3rd dancer on the dock in Castelia and received my Amulet Coin. I also received a few more TMs and restocked my supply of Fresh Water. Back to training for me and Sandy.

Current Team: Ikkaku Lv. 22, Mountanna Lv. 21, Sandy Lv. 20

Trained for a while in the forest and in the desert. Got everyone to level 24. Took out all the clowns in Burg's gym. Left to heal and save at the pokemon center. Planned on stopping for a break but changed my mind and decided to see how I would do against Burg. I knew he would have the evolved forms of the two pokemon the clowns all used. Mountanna was the only pokemon with an attack advantage over Whirlipede and Leavanny. Rock Blast took out Whirlipede in one attack, but unfortunately Mountanna took some damage first. Leavanny came out and the Quick Claw let Mountanna attack first but she only hit Leavanny twice. Razor Leaf took out Mountanna. Sandy was taken down in one hit. Ikkaku managed to put a dent in Leavanny, but also fell to Razor Leaf, officially ending my Nuzlocke Challenge.

I'm ready to get back to my original project: replaying all of the games and completing the PokéDex along the way. Phase 1, the Hoenn Dex, is nearly complete. Soon I will be playing through FireRed and LeafGreen.
    Last edited by kyle72686; 10th May 2013 at 5:04 PM.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Ok. I'm going to do a Nuzlocke with the normal rules on Black 2, plus:
    ----- STARTER FAINT = GAME OVER
    ----- STARTER MUST STAY IN PARTY

Updating: Coming in a few minutes...
    Last edited by Teh Newbie Epicness; 17th May 2013 at 3:08 AM.

I have decided to do a Nuzlocke Challange on my pokemon Black 2.

Here are the rules I picked:

-A fainted pokemon is death.
    -I can only catch the first pokemon in an area, that isn't a duplicate.
    -No trading unless for evolving.
    -No nicknames, seriously I hate them.
    -Before every gym I have to add 1 pokemon. So for example I need 2 for gym one, 3 for gym 2, 4 for gym 3, etc..

Alright, time to start my second challenge, and do some Black 2 Nuzlocke, this is actualy the first challenge I do on a gen 5 game so.. wish me good luck! te Starter I picked was Snivy. I easily defeated my rival, and I went north after recieving my running boots. At Route 19 I got myself a patrat! How wonderfull is that.

I met with Aldar in flocessa Town. And after that I healed my pokemon and went into route 20. That is where I defeated some trainers and catched a Pidove. I went up towards Floccesy Rance where I decided to run in my rival with an unhealed Snivy. X_X Luckily I had the power of potions with me and defeated him. And I can heal here now . The first pokemon I encountered was a Mareep which is quite fortunate because it is one of the two pokemon I like there, Mareep and Riolu. So I decided to help those people look for their pokemon, if I had a different choice..., Which is great to levl my pokemons for the upcomming gym battle.

Well I found the pokemon, and who would know it was team Plasma! I went back to Floccessa Town
    where Alder let me fight some children, *free exp!* Which due to me picking Snivy as a starter gave me excellent exp for my Mareep! I defeated them and went back to Aspertia City were I could finally challenge the first gym. I defeated the trainers and then met up with Cheren. Mareep defeated his Patrat, and Snivy took care of his lillipup. After defeating the gym I got a C gear outside the gym.

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Spoiler:- Death:

Spoiler:- Catch list:
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Well, I decided to finally start a Nuzlocke run in White 2. I've been thinking about rules, and here's what I'll be going with:

-Fire Emblem themed game, so names will be Fire Emblem characters. Besides, that game has perma-death anyway. -Can only catch first thing I encounter in an area, unless it's a duplicate. One capture per area includes small bodies of water. However, some areas will count as separate areas, like Route 20 before and after Cheren, and inside/outside Giant Chasm. Don't catch/kill? Too bad. failed recruitment
    -Faint=Dead, though I may allow the use of one Max Revive in the whole play-through. Because Aum/Valkyrie staff.
    -This will be played on Challenge Mode, because challenge is best.
    -I will save at key points to simulate in-game "chapters," and I'll update my progress here based on those chapters. This is party to simplify updates, and to soften the harshness of a loss.
    -If I lose at any point, I can reload the game at these key points, but I can only save at these points. They will tend to be places like the start of a lengthy route, or a dungeon (cave, gym, etc.). I won't be abusing this to restart any time someone dies, though. If someone dies, they're dead, and I won't go back on it unless I have to go back to a previous save as a result of a loss.
    -As such, once I enter a new area for battles and such, I can't retreat to an earlier area for to heal my team. I must continue until I reach the end of the cave or fight all accessible trainers in the route. After that, though, I can go back to previous places at will for grinding and such.

Kinda lengthy rules, but that should cover it. Once I get far enough, I will update with my progress.

Prologue/Chapter 1: Shades of Color

So I started up my game, did all that's needed for Challenge Key and I changed battle style to Set. I named my character Seliph because Marth is terrible chose Snivy as my starter, and named him Guy. After beating Hugh easily and finishing the tutorial stuff, I went to Route 19 and caught myself a lv. 2 Purrloin. Useful at first, but I know I'll regret it, so I named her Fiona, and she will be a reserve in a worst-case scenario. Not much until Route 20, where I caught a lv. 3 Patrat. Wonderful. Eyvel the Patrat, meet Fiona on the bench.

Floccesy Ranch, things start going my way. Found myself, Cecille the Lillipup, who will hopefully be a star player for my team. Got through that sequence without a problem, since the rain prevented Hugh's Tepig from using Ember. Next was Cheren, who proved a worthy opponent, as usual. I started the battle with Guy and Cecille, with Cecille as the lead. I stacked an X Defend, Attack, and Speed on her, and basically swept Cheren with no deaths, though all the Work Up spam had me worried. I then proceeded to the second half of Route 20, having no problems with the trainers. However, the pokemon I found here was Venipede, who first proceeded to poison Cecille, and broke out of a Great Ball instantly after weakening it. Despite this, I caught him, no problem, and named him Navarre. And that's where I'm at so far.

Spoiler:- Dead:
    Last edited by Psynergy; 22nd May 2013 at 1:31 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I think this thread needs updating.
    It isn't dead... Yet.
    So recently, I read the original Nuzlocke comics, which piqued my interest.
    I debated wether to do it or not, and eventually settled to do so on Black version.
    At the time I am writing this, I am a ways in, so I will simply give a very quick recap of what I remember. Future updates (if there are any) will be much better.
    After skipping through the slow-text intro, I name my character Dave.
    I choose Tepig and name it Lil' bro.
    I go to route 1, endure the tedious task of being taught something I already know, and then catch a Patrat.
    Struggling for a name, I eventually settle on the name Ellie.
    Not even having difficulty with N's Purrloin, I move on.
    I catch a Lillipup at route 2 and name it Willow.
    I level grind a bit there.
    I reach Striation City, and receive a Pansage.
    I name it Mintleaf for some reason.
    Plot-related events happen.
    I don't bother catching a pokemon in the Dreamyard, mainly because I forgot.
    I challenge the gym, using the trainers within to determine appropriate levels.
    Level grinding in Dreamyard.
    Cress gives me trouble, but well-timed Potion use and Mintleaf secure victory.
    Route 3 happens. Beat up some kid's pokemon.
    Cheren happens.
    So does Oshawott's water gun.
    Rest, Mintleaf, your stay was short but sweet.
    A sidequest happens. But first...
    As I go to the day-care PC to say goodbye, a rustle in the grass heralds the arrival of a new teammate.
    I catch an Audino named Medic (Would have been Battle Medic, but that wouln't fit.)
    I say goodbye to Mintleaf.
    I head to Wellspring Cave and defeat a plasma grunt.
    I catch a Roggenrolla, and again struggle for a name.
    I settle on "Rolling" and move on, only to be ambushed by a Woobat who decimated Ellie.
    I'm sorry, Ellie. I tried to run away.
    Another goodbye. Our numbers decrease once more.
    I head to Nacrene, and catch a tympole in outer pinwheel, which I name Soundwater. (Is a pun on Groundwater)
    I only manage to defeat the Nacrene gym without losses due to Rolling and Medic's defenses, and excessive Super Potions. Lil' bro and Willow evolve.
    Plot stuff happens.
    I head to Inner Pinwheel, defeat a few grunts, and catch a Venipede named... Jack?

Current Team:
    Lil' Bro

Willow

Rolling

Medic

Soundwater

Jack

"Deaths"

Mintleaf

Ellie

Update
    Nuzlocke Diary

Session 2
    ---
    Inner Pinwheel
    ---
    Did some level grinding for a bit, got my team up to level 20.
    Ran into a few close shaves with the local Pokemon and Trainers. Decided to proceed deeper.
    A Plasma Grunt underestimates me and my Pokemon, and I get the Dragon Skull back.
    Gorm arrives, chats about Team Plasma, and then Burgh and Lenora intimidate him into leaving.
    I get a Moon Stone that I hope I won't have to use.
    Normality ensues.
    I heal up back at Outer Pinwheel, and head north.
    ---
    Skyarrow Bridge
    ---
    Got a Quick Claw, which I gave to Rolling.
    Talked to a few people.
    ---
    Castelia City
    ---
    A man at the dock reminds me of the loss of Mintleaf.
    Another man wonders why that black boat is there.
    I do too.
    I scan every inch of the city, determined not to miss any free stuff. I don't.
    The Battle Company makes for a great training oppurtunity.
    I lose Rolling due to overconfidence in his tanking abilities.
    As if to rub it in, the next trainer sends out a Roggenrolla.
    I found a Revive. Are those within the rules?
    A Basculin makes Soundwater flinch with every move that can cause possibly cause flinching.
    Get a Scope Lens, which I give to Jack.
    Jack evolves after a battle with some Elemental Monkeys. He is now Jack, the Whirlipede!
    I take a risk by leaving in Lil' Bro, while under the effects of a Miccino's Cute Charm.
    After exiting the Battle Company, I complete a sidequest and gain an Amulet Coin.
    I head to the Name Rater and change Lil' bro to Bro, since he isn't so little anymore.
    I also get an Eviolite, which I give to Soundwater.
    ---
    Route 4
    ---
    In the dark sand lies my next partner.
    A Sandile.
    I shall call him Strider.
    And now for some Level Grinding!
    ---
    End Session 2

Current Team:
    Strider

Lv. 17

Medic

Lv. 22

Willow

Lv. 22

Jack

Lv. 22

Soundwater

Lv. 22

Bro

Lv. 22

"Deaths"

Mintleaf

Ellie

Rolling
    Last edited by Ivoright; 4th June 2013 at 8:53 PM.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

I'll be starting a black nuzlocke soon. My rules are.

I may only catch the first pokemon I see on a route.
    If I see a dupe of a pokemon I already have, I can choose to try one more time.
    Gift pokemon do not count for a route.
    If a pokemon faints it dies. I must box it. Forever.
    The game is over after I beat Ghetsis and defeat every legendary.
    My Favorite pokemunz

If you love mafia go here

Prelocke

This 'mode' would make you never evolve your pokemon.
    Rules
    1. Obviously, no evolving pokemon. If you did, that would defeat the point of the challenge

2.No single evolution pokemon. The word pre means before, and no single evolution as they have no "pre"

3.These standard Nuzlocke rules apply as well.
    3.1. The first encounter on a route/cave/town you catch.
    3.2. If a pokemon faints, it is deceased.

Anyone want to take on this variant of Nuzlocke? Go on. I DARE YOU!
    Looking for a battle?

White 2: Ot: Zrk78 Fc: 5201-4312-4317

PM me for match details. Note that my time zone is +(0:00) GMT
    I'll look forward to the fight

Win|Draw|Loss
    --2----0-----2

Why? Thats what i've been asking all my life.

Okay, I'm signing up.

EXTRA RESTRICTIONS:

Randomized Starter - I use a random Pokemon generator to generate two Pokemon, then I flip a coin to know which of those two is my starter (first = heads, last = tails). My starter is Beldum.
    Starter Death - That's a GAME OVER.
    Persistent Starter - Starter (Beldum) cannot leave the main party. EVER.

There, now for Update Uno:

Team:

Beldum [N/A]:
    Rash Nature
    Often dozes off
    Level 6
    Light Metal Ability
    Moves:
    Take Down
    ---
    ---
    ---

Ellie (Sewaddle) [F]:
    Serious Nature
    Proud of its power
    Level 3
    Chlorophyll Ability
    Moves:
    Tackle
    String Shot
    ---
    ---

Lee (Pidove) [M]:
    Modest Nature
    Good endurance
    Level 7
    Big Pecks Ability
    Moves:
    Gust
    Growl
    ---
    ---

...That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Newbie Epicness View Post
    Okay, I'm signing up.

EXTRA RESTRICTIONS:

Randomized Starter - I use a random Pokemon generator to generate two Pokemon, then I flip a coin to know which of those two is my starter (first = heads, last = tails). My starter is Beldum.
    Starter Death - That's a GAME OVER.
    Persistent Starter - Starter (Beldum) cannot leave the main party. EVER.
    How are you starting with Beldum?
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Okay I'm gonna start a Black Nuzlocke. Let's see how far I get on this one.

Rules:

If a pokemon faints it gets the box
    I can only catch one pokemon per route/area
    No legendaries! (Except Reshiram. : P)
    Dupes Clause and Shiny Clause are in effect

Pokemon in my party:

Anakin Lv 11: Starter

Trixie Lv 9: Route 2 (Cutter)

Keahi Lv 10: Dreamyard

Pokemon in PC:
    None. (Yet)

Deaths:

None so far...

Started up the game and decided to choose Oshawott as my starter and named him Anakin (No Star Wars reference intended) Beat my rivals with no trouble. Sat throught Juniper's pokemon catching tutorial then tried to catch the Lillipup I found but it fainted thanks to a crit Tackle from Anakin sigh. Sat through another tutorial then beat N in no time at all.

I caught a Purrloin in route 2 and named her Trixie then beat Bianca again woot. I arrived at Striaton city then went to the Dreamyard and got Pansear and named him Keahi. I beat Cheren and am now gonna train for the gym!

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

So, starting my Nuzlocke running in Black 2 on Challenge Mode and putting the battle style to set just so I can't switch every time I killed my opponent's pokemon. I can only catch the 1st pokemon in each route and if they die, oh well. But if the pokemon is a shiny, all rules are off and that pokemon is MINE!! That pretty much it.

Now to make this interesting and giving me some kind of fighting chance. I got a pokemon inside an egg which haven't hatch yet, and I can only have one pokemon from the Dream Radar.

The four pokemon in my team so far were:
    Male (Revolver) Level 10 Starter
    Female (Selena) Level 9 Route 19
    Male (Scout) Level 3, Route 20, Currently KIA. Kill by Petey's Patrat in Route 20
    Female (Peep) Level 9 Floccessy Ranch

Not sure how far I can get with this team, and I won't be getting that egg until I beat that first gym leader Cheren. I still remember I get wipe out by Cheren every time I took him on. But first, I have to beat my rival Goku. Yes, I called my rival Goku. We gonna throw down.
    Last edited by Diz~; 25th July 2013 at 7:55 PM.
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

Haven't had much of a chance to update but here we go! I've gotten through quite abit of the game now (and had a few deaths ) I'm currently conquering Celestial Tower. Then hopefully I'll be levelled up enough to take on Skyla!

Pokemon in my party:

Anakin Lv 31 Starter

Keahi Lv 31 Dreamyard

Zaphod Lv 31 Route 3

Chardon Lv 31 Desert Resort

Kyan Lv 32 Nacrene City (Revived from fossil)

Whisper Lv 31 Lostlorn Forest

Pokemon in PC:

Trixie the Liepard: Route 2
    Chuckles the Darumaka: Route 4
    Nakia the Yamask: Relic Castle
    Ribbon the Gothita: Route 5
    Azra the Minccino: Route 16
    Vanilla the Vanillite: Cold Storage
    Dillan the Karrablast: Route 6
    Charlie the Joltik: Chargestone Cave
    Shroom the Foongus: Route 7
    Flickerlee the Litwick: Celestial Tower

Deaths:

Gertrude the Roggenrolla: Lv 10 - Lv 10
    Freddie the Tympole: Lv 12 - Lv 12
    Mildred the Leavanny: Lv 14 - Lv 28

Default My First Nuzlocke!

So I am going to start a Pokemon Black nuzlocke soon. This'll be my first nuzlocke challenge, and here are the rules:

1.Normal Nuzlocke Rules
    2.Before the Elite Four, I am allowed to revive only one of my Pokemon, and as soon as it's revived, I can't change my decision.
    3.I will have a theme for the nicknames of my Pokemon, which will be video game characters.
    4.I must kill all legendary Pokemon I encounter.
    5.If my first encounter somewhere is a Pokemon I already have, it doesn't count.

That's all! As soon as I start the challenge, I will post updates here.
    Last edited by GenerationThird; 27th July 2013 at 7:11 PM. Reason: MistKe
    Shinies:

-Honedge
    -Hoendge
    -Hoenndge
    -Hoenn
    HOENN REMAKES CONFIRMED

[img]http://oi42.*******.com/34zkni8.jpg[/img]
    Credit to FairyWitch and Astral Shadow for the buttons.

So I started my nuzlocke. I'm going to list the events that happened here:

-Got Palutena the Snivy as my starter
    -Caught Mickey the Patrat on route 1
    -Mickey dies in the battle against N
    -Caught Okami the Lillipup on Route 2
    -Nearly lost Palutena battling Cheren
    -Beat the 1st gym with no deaths

Pokemon:
    Palutena Lv.12
    Okami Lv.14

Dead:
    Mickey Lv.5
    Shinies:

-Honedge
    -Hoendge
    -Hoenndge
    -Hoenn
    HOENN REMAKES CONFIRMED

Default 2nd Gym

So I beat the second gym, here is everything that happened:

-Received Diddy Kong the Panpour in Dreamyard
    -Caught Birdo the Munna in Dreamyard
    -Caught Peach the Pidove on Route 3
    -Okami evolved into Herdier
    -Caught Zubat the Woobat in Wellspring Cave
    -Zubat nearly died battling a Patrat
    -Palutena evolved into Servine
    -Got to Nacrene City
    -Caught Frogger the Tympole outside Pinwheel Forest
    -Diddy Kong died while training
    -Defeated Lenora

Pokemon:
    Palutena Lv.19
    Okami Lv.18
    Birdo Lv.10
    Zubat Lv.18
    Frogger Lv.18

Deaths:
    Mickey Lv.5
    Diddy Kong Lv.15

I think I'm doing pretty good for my first nuzlocke.
    Shinies:

-Honedge
    -Hoendge
    -Hoenndge
    -Hoenn
    HOENN REMAKES CONFIRMED

So I finally finished my Black 2 Nuzlocke challenge I had started with a friend of mine, and things didn't exactly go according to plan. I beat all the Gyms, losing members along the way, but the hardest loss of all was my Emboar, at L49, to a crit Dragon Claw from one of the trainers in the Opelucid City Gym. Mienshao was tough too, especially because I made the mistake of trying to U-Turn on a Sigilyph by Victory Road, not a smart move on my part at all.

When I got to the Elite Four, everyone was easy except for Marshall and the Champion.

Sawk took care of Grimsley easily with Bulk Up and Brick Break.
    Krookodile swept Shauntal with Moxie and Crunch.
    Escavalier destroyed Caitlin with Swords Dance and X-Scissor.

Marshall was a different story, unfortunately Sawk and Zebstrika had to be sacrificed in order to heal Jellicent and Chandelure.

As for the Champion, she was more difficult than the first three, but not as tough as Marshall, Jellicent did most of the work with Ice Beam and Will-O-Wisp.

After I was crowned champion, I saved, and haven't touched the game since.

Final Team
    - FireWorks L61
    Flamethrower / Shadow Ball / Energy Ball / Will-O-Wisp
    - WaterWings L64
    Surf / Shadow Ball / Ice Beam / Will-O-Wisp
    - Dingodile L63
    Earthquake / Crunch / Rock Slide / Outrage
    - Gladiator L62
    X-Scissor / Iron Head / Slash / Swords Dance

Reserves
    - Tiger L30
    - Crackhead L14
    - Violet L23
    - Lab Rat L17
    - FireButt L14
    - Verbena L23
    - Fuzzy L27
    - KingArthur L49

The Fallen

- Buttercup L22 - L22
    - Lamb Chop L5 - L24
    - JetStar L13 - L30
    - Aqueduct L24 - L27
    - Mr. Krabs L21 - L33
    - Electro L27 - L34
    - Hammer L15 - L35
    - GarbageDay L22 - L40
    - Pork Pie L34 - L34
    - Richard L5 - L47
    - Caribou L30 - L49
    - Judo Chop L39 - L53
    - MartialLaw L50 - L62
    - Jockey L34 - L49

Well I got through Celestial Tower but lost Zaphod in the process. Now Ribbon is in my party. I trained, Anakin, Ribbon and Kyan evolved, evolved Whisper, beat Skyla with minor difficulty. Went through Twist mountain nothing but dupes there so I couldn't catch anything. I arrived in Iccirus City. Caught Flat the Stunfisk and Hal the Tranquill. I trained some more, Chardon evolved in the process, and am now gonna try my luck against Brycen.

Pokemon in my party:

Anakin Lv 40 Starter

Keahi Lv 40 Dreamyard

Ribbon Lv 40 Route 5

Chardon Lv 40 Desert Resort

Kyan Lv 40 Nacrene City (Revived from fossil)

Whisper Lv 40 Lostlorn Forest

Pokemon in PC:

Trixie the Liepard: Route 2
    Chuckles the Darumaka: Route 4
    Nakia the Yamask: Relic Castle
    Ribbon the Gothita: Route 5
    Azra the Minccino: Route 16
    Vanilla the Vanillite: Cold Storage
    Dillan the Karrablast: Route 6
    Charlie the Joltik: Chargestone Cave
    Shroom the Foongus: Route 7
    Flickerlee the Litwick: Celestial Tower
    Flat the Stunfisk: Iccirus City
    Hal the Tranquill: Dragonspiral Tower (Outside)

Deaths:

Gertrude the Roggenrolla: Lv 10 - Lv 10
    Freddie the Tympole: Lv 12 - Lv 12
    Mildred the Leavanny: Lv 14 - Lv 28
    Zaphod the Watchog: Lv 8 - Lv 33

After finishing my Black 2 nuzlocke, I figured why not start another nuzlocke on Black? I'm getting on a trans-Atlantic flight in less than 24 hours, so I figured it would give me something to do for the 7 hours I'll be stuck in a crappy airplane seat.

Booted up my Black file, chose the girl, named Alisa (from Tekken for those wondering), and chose Gordon the Oshawott. Beat my "friends," and chatted with Mom and any other random NPC in Nuvema Town. Got the Pokedex and some Poke Balls, and caught Cujo the Lillipup on Route 1, and beat N with a combo of the two. Found Rehab the Patrat on Route 2, boxed it, and beat Bianca and Cheren again. Got Dr. Pepper the Pansear from the Dreamyard, and grinded my team to L12 before challenging Cilan. Not a serious challenge, his Lillipup was more of a threat to Gordon after a Work Up, and a combination of a Potion and an Oran Berry kept it alive longer than it should have been. Pansage was beaten handily by Dr. Pepper, his Incinerate worked wonders. Got the C-Gear, traded over some Lucky Eggs, and checked out the new routes. Caught Equus the Blitzle, Quartz the Roggenrola, and Lumberjack the Timburr, adding each of them to the team. Now I'm just grinding to even levels for the team.

I'm debating whether I should consider Pinwheel Forest as an entire area, or inside and outside as two separate areas? What's the usual call for that?

- Gordon L17
    - Cujo L16
    - Dr. Pepper L16
    - Quartz L16
    - Equus L16
    - Lumberjack L16

Box
    - Rehab L4

Quote Originally Posted by Diz~ View Post
    So, starting my Nuzlocke running in Black 2 on Challenge Mode and putting the battle style to set just so I can't switch every time I killed my opponent's pokemon. I can only catch the 1st pokemon in each route and if they die, oh well. But if the pokemon is a shiny, all rules are off and that pokemon is MINE!! That pretty much it.

Now to make this interesting and giving me some kind of fighting chance. I got a pokemon inside an egg which haven't hatch yet, and I can only have one pokemon from the Dream Radar.

The four pokemon in my team so far were:
    Male (Revolver) Level 10 Starter
    Female (Selena) Level 9 Route 19
    Female (Peep) Level 9 Floccessy Ranch
    Male (Scout) Level 3, Route 20, Currently KIA. Kill by Petey's Patrat in Route 20

Not sure how far I can get with this team, and I won't be getting that egg until I beat that first gym leader Cheren. I still remember I get wipe out by Cheren every time I took him on. But first, I have to beat my rival Goku. Yes, I called my rival Goku. We gonna throw down.
    Quick Update. I beaten Hugh at Flocessy Ranch and got all the goodie before facing Cheren's Gym in Challenge Mode.

My team.
    (Revolver) Level 12 Starter
    (Selena) Level 11 Route 19
    (Peep) Level 11 Floccessy Ranch

I took on Cheren and I end up losing my starter pokemon against Cheren's Pidove. Damn bird cause critical.
    Later on, as I was going to Virbank City, a nursery aide took me on and kill my Mareep.

Female (Peep) Level 13 Floccessy Ranch Currently KIA by Kimyo's Dunsparce that use roll out.
    Male (Revolver) Level 12 Starter, Currently KIA by Cheren's Pidove that spam a critical quick attack in a gym battle.
    Male (Scout) Level 3, Route 20, Currently KIA. Kill by Petey's Patrat in Route 20 with a critical tackle.

Surviving Pokemon left.....
    Selena the Purrloin , currently on duty and lvl 13.

I reach to Virbank city hoping to capture a pokemon. I found a Elekid, but fail to capture it in the Virbank Complex. With only one pokemon to fight with, I don't think my single Purrloin can beat Roxy by herself. So I decide to call in for reinforcement. First, I obtain the egg which will give me a chance to hatch it into something to fight with. I also use the Dream Radar to obtain Tornadus. It remind me of Digimon for some reason, but screw it. I am in need of a new team mates. and legendary is more than enough to save my hide, that and it can listen to me. Screw you Keldeo! I was planning to save the Radar, but this is an emergency. The last one was the Dream World, but that will have to wait since I have to recharge the battery. Now my final mission is to grind my Purrloin on Audino.

Well.....apparently, there was a training accident. My purrloin took on a lvl 10 Audino, which would be great for lvling. Problem is, that Audino b***hslap the critical on my Purrloin to death! That was one mean Audino. My Tornadus manage to save the day, but the victory was hollow. All my original team mates, are dead. There is only this egg, and this male Tornadus with a Brave and throughly cunning nature. I feel he put my Purrloin to death, but I cannot blame him but my own incompetence as a trainer. I put my original 4 to death.

Result:
    Female (Peep) Level 13 Floccessy Ranch Currently KIA by Kimyo's Dunsparce that use roll out.
    Male (Revolver) Level 12 Starter, Currently KIA by Cheren's Pidove that spam a critical quick attack in a gym battle.
    Male (Scout) Level 3, Route 20, Currently KIA. Kill by Petey's Patrat in Route 20 with a critical tackle.
    Female , (Selena) Lvl 14 Route 19, Currently KIA by a wild Audino b***h slap with criticals.

Currently Active:
    An Egg. Lvl none Obtain from trade.
    Male currently lvl 12. Obtain from the Dream Radar.

Now there is only this stupid legendary and the egg. These two might be my second chance. But first, I need to beat Roxy and get across into the mainland. So it grinding time. Also, I can probably catch a pokemon inside the Virbank Complex Factory since it is consider a new area. Welp, let do it!

Female hatch from egg in Virbank City. Naughty Nature.
    Nickname: Raquel
    Capture lvl 10 Male Lax Nature
    Nickname: Energizer.
    Last edited by Diz~; 2nd August 2013 at 4:22 PM. Reason: updating.
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

Whew, I haven't been documenting this run on here thus far, but I'm so excited with what just happened I gotta share it. xD I've had super good luck so far on my Black 2 run (which, considering I nearly got wiped by Ghetsis on the white run I finished the other day, I'm really enjoying). This was my team when I got to Castelia City - no deaths, I only have three because they keep killing everything I try to catch.

Servine - Evelyn - Female - Lv. 20
    Flaafy - Divinity - Female - Lv. 20
    Growlithe - Oddball - Female - Lv. 20

Then I went to the little park you can get to from the sewers and caught a Cottonee. Nothing special, wasn't even sure if I wanted to use it since I have Evelyn. Then, as I was grinding in the grass before fighting Burgh, what should appear... but a shiny Eevee. So uh, needless to say, I let Divinity hit him with Thunder Wave and threw pokeballs at him till I caught him. (I was too scared one of my girls might give him a critical hit.) Annnd... just so excited guys. Now I just have to figure out what I want to evolve him into...

Alpha Sapphire Team

Hello there everyone

I am planning to do a Egglocke challenge on my pokemon black 2 and i would love it if you guys could send me some eggs for my team.

Rules:
    -No Legendary
    -Must know there 1st level move
    -Must have an ability
    -Try not the name the eggs something that a give away like Bulba for a Bulbasaur egg
    -Decent stats

But other then that i will take any pokemon c:

My Black 2 Nuzlocke

Rules:
    1. If a Pokemon faints, it is dead and must be released.
    a. If the fainted Pokemon is a shiny, it is dead but does not have to be released, rather it just sits in a box until I transfer it.
    2. I may only catch the first Pokemon I encounter in an area, if I kill it, to bad, no second chances.
    a. No duplicates clause is active. If the first Pokemon I encounter is one I caught before (regardless of if it is dead or not) I do not catch it, but I am free to catch the next one in the area that I come across that I have no caught before.
    b. Shiny clause is active. If I get lucky and encounter a shiny, no matter, I may catch it and use it.
    c. If it is a double battle, as in the case with the dark grass, I get to pick out of the two which one I catch.
    3. All caught Pokemon must be nicknamed.
    4. If I black/white out, it is game over and I must completely restart.
    5. No trade received Pokemon may be used.
    a. Trading for evolution purposes is okay.
    b. If the Pokemon is a gift Pokemon (Zoruo for instance) are allowed, and do not count as the Pokemon for that area.
    6. No voluntarily resetting the game.
    7. No healing items (potions, full heals, etc) may be used. Pokemon centers can be used.
    8. No fleeing.
    9. Starter Pokemon is determined by my trainer ID. 1-3 grass type, 4-6 fire, 7-9 water, 0 my choice.
    10. Battle style is set to "set".
    11. Catching legends is allowed, and do not count towards the area Pokemon. The use of a legend though is banned.

LET'S NUZLOCKE! I will be posting how things turn out after my first gym battle.

After finishing the first gym I went all the way back to route 20. There I got explained how double grass works! woo! I defeated the trainers there and I moved into virbank city. I saw the gym leader meeting with her father. I healed my pokemon and went south in the virbank complex. Now since I would only be able to add 1 pokemon to my team in this chapter, I decided to split the virtbank complex in half. Since the pokemons are a bit different too. Outside I catched a magnemite and inside a growlithe. I decided to add the growlithe to my team. I trained them a bit and Mareep evolved into a Flaaffy and Snivy in a Servine. I challenged the gym after that. My Flaaffy defeated her koffing and my Growlithe her whirlypede. After that I quickly did the movie stuff and I saved.

Spoiler:- Death:

Spoiler:- Catch list:
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I've decided to start a White Nuzlocke. Standard rules apply, except for the following two modifications:

1.) Gift Pokemon and in-game trades don't count as encounters.
    2.) When a Pokemon of level n faints, use a random number generator to pick an integer between 1 and n. If the generated integer is greater than or equal to n/2 (for even n) or (n+1)/2 (for odd n), the Pokemon is considered dead, and is permanently boxed. Otherwise, the Pokemon is still alive.

I used the random number generator to pick my starter. I ended up with Tepig. I named him Torch. On Route 1, the first Pokemon I ran into was a level 3 Lillipup, Park. On Route 2, I caught a level 4 Lillipup, Penny. I then made my way to Striaton, battled Bianca and Cheren respectively, and made my way to the Dreamyard. There I received Dean the Pansage. I'm currently training for the first gym.

Spoiler:- Current Team:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast