Day 15-16: May 12-13, 2012
- Today was a huge day, mostly because I had a long car trip and hotel stay to play for hours on end. I got more captures than I can even keep track of and I battled literally every trainer between Village Bridge and the Abundant Shrine.
- Things started off on Route 12, where I caught a Metapod of all things. His name is Cooper, and I quickly evolved him into Butterfree.
- Next up, I arrived in Lacunosa Town but went right on through to Route 13. There, I caught a Lunatone, named Majora.
- Giant Chasm was my next stop. I was lucky enough to catch a Metang, named Jet. I made my way to the legendary dragon Kyurem itself. I took a pretty big risk and used Diana to face it. Fortunately for me, all it used were two Endeavors and I was able to defeat it with two Dragon Rushes. Afterword, Diana evolved into Hydreigon.
- I got to Undella Town and went out to Undella Bay to train. I ran around on the land until a spot appeared in the water, and when I surfed to it I was overjoyed to find a Wailord. Her name is Bigh Bertha.
- Route 14 was next. I caught an Altaria there. His name is Nimbus.
- On my way to the Abundant Shrine, disaster struck. I was fighting an Ace Trainer with a Dodrio. I figured what the heck, it's a Dodrio. I started with Vinny, who took a hard hit from Drill Peck before hitting with Rock Slide. I knew Vinny wouldn't live another hit, so I switched to Alvin. Alvin took a hit from Thrash and barely survived, so I had to swap him out for Murphy. He took a Thrash and was still in good condition, so I decided to use Brave Bird. Dodrio got the first hit with Thrash . . . CRITICAL HIT. Murphy didn't stand a chance, but the battle wasn't over yet. I had few options left: Hestia and Lilly would both get one-shotted by Drill Peck, and neither Vinny or Alvin had the health to survive an attack. My only option: Sacrifice Ferris, who I'd brought for the Waterfalls. I sent him in and he died to Thrash, but his death allowed me to Full Restore Alvin, who I sent back in to finish Dodrio with Rock Blast. R.I.P. Murphy and Ferris, you were both great. Both were brave in your own way, even if one of you was only an HM slave.
- I went on to Abundant Shrine and decided to test my luck with some shaking grass. Don't be Audino, don't be Audino . . . Emolga? Oh well, it's better than Audino. His name is Ricky.
- Anyway, I passed through White Forest and on to Route 15. There, in the double grass, I managed to snag a Pupitar. Her name is Maggie.
- My final capture of the run was obtained on Marvelous Bridge, where I purchased the rare and legendary Magikarp from a totally legit salesman. Her (the Magikarp, not the salesman) name is Koi. While training at the Nimbasa Domes, Koi, Maggie, and Jet all evolved.
- My final step was to return to Challenger's Cave and train there. Now all I've got left to do before rechallenging the Elite 4 is to find the few remaining Sages.
Hestia Lv. 69 - Flare Blitz, Hammer Arm, Stone Edge, Scald
Lilly Lv. 68 - Petal Dance, Quiver Dance, Teeter Dance, Hidden Power (Fire)
Alvin Lv. 68 - Tail Slap, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, Sing
Vinny Lv. 68 - Surf, Focus Blast, Rock Slide, Earthquake
Diana Lv. 68 - Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Surf, Crunch
Jet Lv. 68 - Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Rock Slide, Earthquake
Oscar Lv. 50 - Seed Bomb, Rock Smash, Bite, Leech Seed
Beans Lv. 41 - Hi Jump Kick, Brick Break, Crunch, Strength
Sherman Lv. 40 - X-Scissor, Rock Slide, Slash, Earthquake
William Lv. 32 - Aerial Ace, Return, Roost, Fly
Flicker Lv. 41 - Flame Burst, Hex, Solarbeam, Will-o-wisp
Mako Lv. 43 - Shadow Punch, Brick Break, Rock Slide, Earthquake
Elva II Lv. 37 - Shadow Ball, Payback, Will-o-wisp, Toxic
Glimmer (Shiny) Lv. 32 - Air Slash, Taunt, Detect, Roost
Buff Lv. 40 - Head Charge, Revenge, Rock Slide, Earthquake
Rowe Lv. 38 - Jump Kick, Drain Punch, Force Palm, Calm Mind
Morkez Lv. 50 - Fusion Bolt, Dragon Claw, Strength, Fly
Hypnos Lv. 50 - Psybeam, Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, Dream Eater
Chester Lv. 47 - Earthquake, Rock Slide, Aerial Ace, Swords Dance
Penny Lv. 50 - Surf, X-Scissor, Rock Slide, Brick Break
Mr. Beaver Lv. 49 - Super Fang, Superpower, Take Down, Amnesia
Cooper Lv. 51 - Bug Buzz, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball
Majora Lv. 48 - Psychic, Rock Slide, Shadow Ball, Cosmic Power
Big Bertha Lv. 69 - Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Waterfall, Dive
Nimbus Lv. 59 - Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace, Earthquake
Ricky Lv. 48 - Volt Switch, Encore, Agility, Light Screen
Maggie Lv. 60 - Stone Edge, Earthquake, Payback, Dragon Claw
Koi Lv. 21 - Waterfall, Return, Stone Edge, Earthquake
Morpheus Lv. 10 - 18 - Killed by a Patrat's Bide in the Nacrene City Gym
Sartorius Lv. 15 - 19 - Killed by Sandile's Bite in Pinwheel Forest
Nancy Lv. 18 - 19 - Killed by Dwebble's Smack Down in Castelia City Gym
Steve Lv. 19 - 21 - Killed by Sigilyph's Air Cutter in Relic Castle
Claire Lv. 19 - 20 - Killed by Roggenrola's Rock Blast on Route 4
Elva Lv. 19 - 27 - Killed by Zebstrika's Volt Switch in the Nimbasa City Gym
Candice Lv. 25 - 27 - Killed by Liepard's Fury Swipes in the Cold Storage
Timon Lv. 4 - 29 - Killed by Herdier's Take Down on Route 6
Lancer Lv. 22 - 30 - Killed by Zebstrika's Flame Charge in Chargestone Cave
Trump Lv. 25 - 38 - Killed by Virizion's Giga Drain in Pinwheel Forest
Pete Lv. 32 - 33 - Killed by Scolipede's Bug Bite in Nimbasa City Large Dome
Georgia Lv. 38 - 41 - Killed by Scraggy's Hi Jump Kick on Route 9
Archie Lv. 25 - 52 - Killed by Hydreigon's Surf at the Pokemon League
Charlotte Lv. 24 - 52 - Killed by Whimsicott's Hurricane in Nimbasa City Small Dome
Murphy Lv. 60 - 64 - Killed by Dodrio's Thrash on Route 14
Ferris Lv. 41 - 41 - Killed by Dodrio's Thrash on Route 14