Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Starting my first Nuzlocke.

Game: Black
    All regular rules in effect.

1) ID Clause in effect
    --1-3= Snivy
    --4-6= Tepig
    --7-9= Oshawott
    --0 = Choose

2) Dupes clause in effect (If my first encounter is a Pokémon Evolution chain that I've already caught, then it does not count as my first encounter.)

3) I cannot buy any healing items from the Pokémon Center. I can only use items I find in the wild or are given to me or are acquired via the pick up ability.

4) I cannot leave a Gym once I start it. I must continue on to the end.

5) Once I reach a new city that I have not previously been to in the story, I cannot use a Pokémon Center in any previous city, even if I'm grinding a Pokémon in my storage.

6) All battles are on Set.

Day 1

I received my first Pokémon based on my trainer ID which ended in 0, so I chose Oshawott I kicked the ever-living snot out of my rivals. I comforted Bianca after her argument with her father and we received our Pokedexs (along with that drag Cheren) from Professor Juniper, and decided to give y Oshawott the nickname Blue (Real original, I know.) After heading to route one, I met a very mischievous Lilipup that stole my lunch D:! After some harsh words and a long chase, I managed to catch the Lilipup and named him Pup (again, real original, I know.) We healed up at home, did a little grinding, and after we got into the 10's, went to the next town over and listened to the boring speech by Team Plasma. We met this creep named N who scared my Oshawott back into it's Pokeball so I sent out my Lillipup who wrecked that kitty cat that he used! After heading on the next route, mom ran up with us and gave us these running shoes with some VERY odd directions (B button, wut?) We soon caught our own little kitty cat who was taking a cat nap and then did some grinding before we boxed our new pal Rogue. After a healing trip, we braved the rest of the route and battled Bianca. We ran to the Trainer's School and Cheren continued to nerd out on us before we kicked he B-U-T-T! After some more training in the dreamyard where we were given a Brave little Pansear called Axel, we healed up once more and blazed through the Gym (more like Oshawott and Lilipup soloed it because Axel couldn't take the heat (hah! get it?) We creamed Cilan! Woohoo! One badge down, 7 more to go!

Team:
        Spoiler:- Like A Boss:

PC

Spoiler:- Support Staff:
    Last edited by Crimson Impact; 10th November 2013 at 2:47 AM.
    Kalos Champions
    Blue the Greninja, the true ninja
    Amber the Charizard, the transcending Mega Evolution
    Buddy the Vileplume, destroyer of Arceus and Mewtwos
    King the Tyrantrum, the tyrant of the fossils
    Hiro the Lucario, the sweeper of noobs

So, I'm really late on this, but I just finished a Nuzlocke on Black. Decided to go through and post my results, as well as the rules I followed.

Rules:
    -Can only catch the first Pokemon on each Route/City/Cave. Duplicates Clause is in effect, though seeing as Unova is rather varied, this doesn't change too much.
    -Any Pokemon that is KO'ed is dead and can no longer be used. Must be permanently boxed.
    -Cannot use healing items during battle, under any circumstance, be it a wild battle, standard trainer, gym leader, etc.
    -For gym battles, I can only use as many Pokemon as the leader. This does not apply to Elite 4 members or rival battles, as it would be too tedious and conflicting with other varying trainers, especially with the Elite 4.
    -Battle style on Set instead of Switch.
    -If I lose, it's not a Game Over if I still have Pokemon in the PC. This never happened, though.
    -Last digit of ID number decides my starter. 1-3 for Grass, 4-6 for Fire, 7-9 for Water, 0 for my choice.
    -No legendaries at all, except for Reshiram whom you're expected to use because plot device. (and honestly, it only KO'ed one Pokemon from both N and Ghetsis anyway)
    -While it's a somewhat loose rule, I must avoid surpassing the levels of Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Ghetsis, though obviously, leveling during the fights may have bumped me above their level in a few instances. Basically, I can't overlevel myself, but that ruins the challenge anyway.

So my ID ended in 2, so Snivy was my choice, and obviously the best one with clever use of the Coil/Leech Seed/Leaf Blade set. I won't go through all the details of my adventure, since that would take too long, but I'm going to honor all those that I lost during this run, as well as the survivors of my team. This was a lot tougher than Platinum, that's for sure...

Anyway, here's my final team after defeating Ghetsis and saving Unova:

Light (Lv. 51)
    Ability: Turboblaze
    Nature: Naive
    -DragonBreath
    -Slash
    -Extrasensory
    -Fusion Flare

Light was quick to recognize me as a hero to defeat N and Ghetsis. All it took was one Quick Ball for it to join my side. Despite it's legendary power, Light only defeated Zekrom and Cofagrigus, though its power was not wasted. A Zen Headbutt crit from Zekrom put Light into critical condition for the rest of the fight. The latter...well, Tension saved me in the end for this one.

Tension (Lv. 55) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Cursed Body
    Nature: Lonely
    -Surf
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Shadow Ball
    -Recover

I had to replace Neutron the Klingklang after losing it to the final Elite 4 battle with Shauntal, right when I was about to make it through them all without any losses. Caught in Driftveil City when I went backtracking with Surf, Tension was a real life-saver. While he didn't get much action against N, against Ghetsis, he killed off everything that Light didn't, which is everything bar Cofagrigus. It didn't go without losses, and I lost half of my team to Ghetsis (or would it be two? I'll explain in the deaths section later). Seriously, Will-o-Wisp crippled everything Ghetsis sent out, since they were mostly physical attackers. Cursed Body would disable their most threatening moves on Tension, and turned Hydreigon into a sitting duck (or would it be sitting Dragon?) as it disabled Dragon Pulse right away. This forced him to use Surf or Fire Blast, which were nothing as I Recovered off all damage. This strategy worked on his entire team, and Ghetsis went down as I saved all of Unova. Seriously, burn damage+Rock Helmet+Recover wrecked Ghetsis so hard. Surf and Shadow Ball were hardly needed. But there's one more who managed to live through it all.

Erosion (Lv. 54) @ Quick Claw
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Adamant
    -Rock Slide
    -Stone Edge
    -Bulldoze
    -Iron Defense

Erosion was caught way back in Mistralton Cave, when I backtracked with Surf again. As slow as he was, having instant Adamant nature Gigalith helped a lot as I made my way through the last stretch of the game. Back when he knew Stealth Rock, I used it to beat Brycen, who still managed to hax me almost to a loss, actually killing one of my team. He's been through a lot of my late-game woes, and despite getting no action against Ghetsis, he made short work of N's Archeops, thankfully for me. Sadly, those are all of my survivors from the final battle, though there's one more who was boxed for the final battle to make room for Light.

Honorable Mention:

Drago (Lv. 51) @ Rocky Helmet (during E4 battles)
    Ability: Rough Skin
    Nature: Quirky
    -Dragon Claw
    -Crunch
    -Return
    -Aerial Ace

So, after I lost Sophia the Gothorita against Brycen, Drago joined the team at Dragonspiral Tower. Right away, he had a good moveset which proved useful for the Elite 4. Return was filler, but Aerial Ace managed to take out a fair number of E4 Pokemon with help of Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet. Honestly, I wouldn't have done so well in the Elite 4 without him, and he gave Kusa the Serperior an opening for Coil+Leech Seed set-up to sweep Marshal. I'm sorry I had to box him for the final battles, but I'm glad he didn't have to see his allies fall against Ghetsis. A very valuable ally for sure.

Now, some of them have been mentioned already, but I want to honor those who died to help me get through everything. I won't post movesets for those that died before the Elite 4, since it's not quite relevant, and I want to save space. Luckily, I didn't have to actively sacrifice anyone here, but their deaths were all awful nonetheless.

The Fallen:

Ingu (Lv. 24 - 32)
    Nature: Gentle

My first death. I couldn't believe I lost her, after doing so well. I caught her in Chargestone Cave, naturally. She was just done catching up with my team when I reached the Rotation Battle on Route 7. I thought she was ready, but then Watchog came around when I expected Swoobat, and OHKO'ed Ingu without a crit. I didn't expect it to be able to kill her in one full shot. Still, I shouldn't have let her battle so soon. Right before Skyla, too...

Raiki (Lv. 29 - 32)
    Nature: Naughty

As if it wasn't bad enough that I lost Ingu there, my Route 7 catch didn't last much longer. Raiki instantly came in to avenge the death of Ingu, her fellow Electric type, so I decided to add her to the team. After a small bit of training to catch her up, I made my way to Celestial Tower. There, I ran into a battle with a Psychic, who used a Solosis. I have no idea how this could happen, but a Psyshock instantly killed her too, even after minimal damage. Losing Raiki so soon after Ingu was awful. She shouldn't have gone like that, not in Celestial Tower, right next to her home.

Sophia (Lv. 20 - 39)
    Nature: Modest

My next death was also one of my female teammates. This one hurt a lot because she had been with me since Route 16, right before Elesa. In the battle with Brycen, I brought Erosion, Sophia and Timpani the Seismitoad to battle. A crit from Vanillish's Mirror Shot on the first turn rendered Erosion unable to safely battle after setting Stealth Rock up. I then sent out Sophia, who was holding the Eviolite, so she had great bulk. Vanillish went down easily, but then Beartic came in. After a Psychic and Stealth Rock damage, a crit Icicle Crash killed Sophia. I had no time to sit and worry, because I could have lost both Timpani and Erosion there as well. After a very close fight, I went to go put Sophia to rest. And she was so close to evolving too...

Patrick (Lv. 3 - 42)
    Nature: Lax

Despite the very fitting name for a Lax Patrat, Patrick was one of my strongest teammates. He absolutely crushed Lenora, nearly died to Burgh's Leavanny (with 1 HP left), and helped me through countless battles throughout my adventure. Then, in Drayden's gym, tragedy struck. The many Fraxure already terrified me enough with Rivalry and Dragon Dance boosts, and my worst fears were realized when one got the chance to attack. Despite my attempts to confuse it and put it to sleep, Fraxure killed off Patrick with a Dragon Claw. This loss was awful. I caught Patrick back on Route 1, and so close to the end, I didn't want it to be true. I beat Drayden shortly after, in honor of Patrick. I wish I could write more for the death of my first capture, but that's all that needs to be said.

Timpani (Lv. 15 - 46)
    Nature: Quirky

I caught Timpani way back in Pinwheel Forest, right before Lenora. After Patrick died, he the only that Kusa the Serperior had from early on in my adventure. After grinding up my team a bit and getting Neutron onto the team, I made my way through Victory Road. I was hoping to get through safely, but a Conkeldurr had second thoughts. Against all odds, Dynamicpunch hit and killed Timpani as I was hoping to Drain Punch for some health back. I felt terrible, because I shouldn't have kept him in at -6 Speed that Scrafty right before had done. It was too sudden, but I made it to the end of Victory Road without further losses. Timpani was put to rest as prepared for the Pokemon League and Team Plasma.

Neutron (Lv. 29 - 50)
    Nature: Jolly

Neutron joined the team after Patrick's death, having been caught at the P2 Laboratory. After level grinding a replacement for Timpani, I made my way through the Elite 4. Each battle got progressively harder, Marshal being the least threatening to my team. After I beat Caitlin, I felt relieved. She was always the most difficult to me, and she had all my team in dangerously low health. When I thought it couldn't get worse, Shauntal sent out her Chandelure in my final Elite 4 battle. I hoped Erosion could take a Fire Blast better, but losing nearly half of his health without a crit meant that Shadow Ball would most definitely kill him unless Quick Claw activated. I switched to Drago, who could take two hits of Shadow Ball. However, Crunch from Drago wasn't quite enough to take him down. I hoped for the best and took out Neutron hoping that Shadow Ball would come next on Drago, since I could outspeed and KO with Thunderbolt afterwards. Unfortunately, as I sent Neutron in, Chandelure had decided to use Fire Blast, bringing an end to Neutron. I almost lost Erosion as I stupidly sent him out, but looks like Neutron was with me as Quick Claw activated and let Erosion get revenge on Chandelure.

Kusa (Lv. 5 - 55)
    Nature: Careful

Kusa, my starter. My Platinum Nuzlocke went through without the loss of my starter, but here, I lost Kusa. This one is weird. I actually lost Kusa against N's Carracosta, who crit with Stone Edge as I was trying to set up with Coil. I couldn't believe I lost my starter, my first Pokemon. Hope avenged him quickly, but I couldn't get past it. Then I remembered that N heals your team afterwards, so I wondered what I'd do about that situation. During the battle with Ghetsis, I decided that I'd use Kusa anyway, but Bouffalant rejected my decision, and as I switched in Kusa expecting an Earthquake, Bouffalant crit killed Kusa with Head Charge before he could do a thing. So even after I tried to give him a second chance, Kusa died as if it didn't even happen. So no matter what, I lost my starter, the one who was with me through everything. If nothing else, I'm glad he fought to the end, and that his death, along with the rest, was not in vain.

Shade (Lv. 26 - 54)
    Nature: Lax

Caught in Celestial Tower to replace Raiki, Shade was a valuable member of my team for the rest of the game. After enduring much time as a little Litwick, he jumped straight to the status of Chandelure. Despite his great help, he was the second to fall to Ghetsis. I had begun well against Bouffalant, burning it with Will-o-Wisp. I tried to boost my speed with Flame Charge as Earthquake did little damage. However, Ghetsis decided to heal Bouffalant, which was the first problem. When I went to burn him again, Will-o-Wisp missed, and Earthquake killed Shade as well. Losing two Pokemon to the same one really got me worried, but Tension managed to save me here, finishing the job Shade started. It was still a terrible loss for the team.

Hope (Lv. 31 - 54)
    Nature: Impish

Despite what some may be thinking, this has nothing to do with the FF13 character named Hope (I actually kinda like the kid). Caught in Icirrus City, I named him Hope as a last resort, but after Timpani's death, I had no other Pokemon that could fill Timpani's spot well. And believe it or not, Hope managed to kill Bisharp, Liepard, Cofagrigus and Sigilyph, one fourth of the entire Elite 4. He lived up to his name very well, killing even N's Carracosta. However, he was the third to fall against Ghetsis. I was hesitant to keep Tension in against Bisharp after he killed of Bouffalant with ease. Hope was bringing him down with Mud Bomb, and had enough bulk to take one more Night Slash before taking Bisharp out. Then despite his Brightpowder, Night Slash crit and killed Hope. At this point, Ghetsis probably thought I was losing hope, but Tension came in and crushed Bisharp, Eelektross, Hydreigon and Seismitoad as well, all in that order. Hope definitely lived on in Tension, and while I managed to save Unova, having lost Hope made for a horridly bittersweet victory.

So those were my deaths. I felt every one of them as they each fell in battle, but in the end, I was able to make it through everything. Now that Unova has been saved, I'll be probably exploring post-game, so that I can hunt for the elusive shiny Kyurem in Gianst Chasm.

If you've read through this all, kudos to you. It's a very long post, but I thank anyone who may have taken the time to read any of this.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Alright, I thought really hard about this. And I'm willing to do a challenge playthrough using White 2.
    I'm gonna start this when I can and will post Adventure Logs per badge.

Rules:
    -No Pokemon from different Trainers. This includes gift Pokemon.
    -The Starter is determined by Trainer ID's last digit. 1-3 Snivy, 4-6 Tepig, 7-9 Oshawott. 0 for my own choice. This is to determine the Rival's Pokemon.
    -The Starter is immediately traded away for an Eevee Egg after my first capture.
    ---This Eevee may evolve into anything I wish for it to evolve into, so long as it is in-game.
    ---This Eevee/lution must always be a member of the party. If this Eevee/lution faints, it is Game Over.
    -No Easy Mode that White 2 has available.
    -All Pokemon that faint are boxed immediately afterwards and are considered "dead".
    -Cannot use healing items in battle.
    -Battle style is SET.
    -No legendaries.
    -May only catch and use the first Pokemon encountered in the area.
    --I may catch additional Pokemon in one particular area, but they are immediately boxed and considered "dead" and cannot be used during the challenge.
    --Duplicate Clause. If the Pokemon belongs to a family line of Pokemon I already own, I may encounter another Pokemon to capture and consider that my "first encounter".
    -If I encounter a Shiny Pokemon, I may capture it and use it regardless if it's my first encounter or not. The Pokemon, however, is still under the "death" rule.
    ---------------
    3DS Friend Code

Signature done by yours truly. Check out full version here!
    [Normal]
    [Safari]
    Smeargle / Audino / Lillipup
    Pokemon X: Rorie (Main)
    ---------------
    TEG Fairy Division Klefki Rank Trainer
    ---------------
    Current Shinies: Gogoat (Not tradeable), Krabby (Tradeable)
    Current Masuda Method Pokemon: Honedge (48 eggs, paused)

Hello everyone, Misty here, bringing a new Nuzlocke run that I am doing!

I'll be Playing Pokemon White 2, with the following rules~
    Rule Number 1: I am only able to catch the first Pokemon encountered in each route. If they faint or run away, too bad.
    Rule 1.A: Duplicate and Shiny Clause are on
    Rule Number 2: If a Pokemon Faints, it is considered DEAD and can no longer be used! They will be boxed forever.
    Rule Number 3: I can only use a Pokemon Center once! I must choose the Pokemon Center visits wisely! (Boxing my Pokemon is not allowed!) --DO NOTE!-- Bianca's Mandatory Healing does not count!
    Rule 3.A: Because of this, I can use Healing items whenever I so choose
    Rule 3.B: Healers like your Mother and Nurses also count as a Pokemon Center.
    Rule Number 4: the "PinWheel Forest" Clause does apply!
    Rule Number 5: I cannot pass the level of a gym leader's highest Pokemon IN CHALLANGE MODE!
        Spoiler:- Level Caps:

So...without farther ado...
    THE NUZLOCKE RUN!
        Spoiler:- Day one:

That is all I have for now. I hope everyone has a fantastic day, and good luck on your journeys!
    ~Misty

I haven't done a Nuzlocke challenge in a long time, so I've decided to start one on White version. I started the game and chose my character and named them, then I awoke in my room in Nuvema Town and I spoke to Cheren and Bianca when they arrived. We examined Professor Juniper's parcel and I chose my Starter Pokemon (Tepig). I battled both Cheren and Bianca in my room, then we went downstairs and I got the Xtransceiver from my mother downstairs. I headed out and visited Bianca's house and saw her argument with her dad, then I visited Professor Juniper. I got the Pokedex from her and I got to nickname my Tepig (Bacon). I got the Town Map outside from my mother and I saved before leaving town.

- Bacon Lv. 6

I've only ever done a "randomizer emerald" Nuzlocke challenge, so this is sort of my first real Nuzlocke because the randomizer makes it really easy. I'm playing Pokemon Black - which I've played through once before, but it was a few years ago and I remember almost nothing about it.

Rules:
    1. I can only catch the first pokemon I find in each area. Each "area" is denoted by its title upon entering (in other words, the "Pinwheel Forest" clause does NOT apply - the outside and inside of Pinwheel Forest (and similar areas) are considered the same area) with five exceptions:

- No duplicates - ever. Even if a pokemon I'm using dies, I cannot catch another one of that species or any in its evolutionary line. If I encounter a duplicate first, then I must catch the second pokemon in the area instead.

- I can opt to skip over pokemon that must be traded to evolve, as I don't have easy access to another 5th gen game and don't want to go through the hassle of finding a trade partner online.

- If none of my living pokemon can learn a needed HM, I can use a dead pokemon for the HM however it can never battle. If none of either my living or dead pokemon can learn a needed HM, then I can catch another one and again cannot use it to battle.

- No legendaries (I will catch 'em for transfer, but won't use them)

- Shinies are exempt

2. If a pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be permaboxed. There is no way to revive a dead pokemon.

3. All pokemon must be nicknamed upon capture.

4. In-game trades and in-game gifted pokemon are fine and do not contribute to the first encounter rule. Again, I remember nothing about this game so I don't even know if this will apply, lol.

5. No trades outside of the game.

Since it's my first one, I went easy on myself and decided to put the battle style to "switch". I am also allowed to freely heal using pokemon centres or healing items. ^^

My current team (just beat the 4th gym):

- "Avidity" (F) Lvl. 32 - Nuvema Town

My starter! I heard that tepig was "medium difficulty" starter, and that's why I chose it. Was very surprised to find I received a female. She's my only useable female in a sea of males... I have no idea WHY I keep running into male pokemon, but I guess that's beside the point.

Anyways, with the exception of the first gym which was stupidly hard whichever way you look at it, she's made the journey to this point very easy. She had a type advantage against the 2nd and 3rd gyms, and theoretically could have used rollout against the emolgas in the 4th but they kept missing so I gave up on that, haha.

- "Scout" (M) Lvl. 26 - Route 1

My first caught pokemon. He has lived hits with 1hp so many times it isn't funny. I'm very thankful for his normal typing, especially since I only just caught my first water and grass types and before that had poor type synergy.

- "Coold00d" (M) Lvl. 22 - Desert Resort

I'm really liking this dark/ fighting type combo. Also I let my little brother name him, hahaha.

- "Sika" (M) Lvl. 23 - Route 6
    - "Prince" (M) Lvl. 22 - Driftveil Drawbridge
    - "Dexter" (M) Lvl. 22 - Relic Castle

(not much to say - they're all new captures)

In reserves:

- "Nitro" (M) Lvl. 20 - Route 16
    - "Darwin" (M) Lvl. 22 - Route 4
    - "Whiskey" (M) Lvl. 20 - Lostlorn Forest

RIP:

- "Broccoli" (M) Lvl 11 - Dreamyard.

First death. I severely underestimated the first gym and was extremely lucky that this was my only casualty.

- "Cosmo" (M) Lvl. 11 - Dreamyard.

Killed by Cheren's oshawott. >_> I got him to set up a lucky chant, tried to hit him and realized it would be better to put him to sleep first. Healed, used hypnosis, decided I would be fine because the lucky chant was up to prevent crits and started using psybeam.

And then, in the SAME TURN, lucky chant wore off, oshawott woke up, it used water gun which killed me with a crit. REALLY?!

- "Mimosa" (F) Lvl. 12 - Route 2
    - "Carrie" (F) Lvl. 14 - Route 3
    - "Ultra Woop" (M) Lvl. 14 - Wellspring Cave
    - "Dante" (M) Lvl. 20 - Route 5
    - "Fushide" (M) Lvl. 26 - Pinwheel Forest

^ Another death thanks to Cheren's starter. I used iron defense, and I gotta hand it to the AI - he started exclusively using water pulse. Oddly, he got a crit and left me with 1HP when I only had 75% health left, and when he killed me it was another crit, but I had just healed completely and had 100% health left. o-O Not sure what happened, but RIP buddy, I really wanted to use you until the end. D:

Happy Holidays!
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~ ~
    [719/719]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

After getting the Town Map in Nuvema Town, I went to Route 1 and met up with Cheren and Bianca again and we learned how to catch Pokemon from Professor Juniper's tutorial, then I obtained some Poke Balls. I captured a wild Lillipup and nicknamed him Charles, then I arrived in Accumula Town. I visited the local Pokemon Center and learned all about the services there and healed my Pokemon too. I walked over to the town square afterwards and listened to Team Plasma's speech there. When everyone left, I met and battled against N and won, which leveled up Bacon. I healed at the Pokemon Center again and headed on to Route 2. I got the Running Shoes from my mother and battled some trainers along the route.

- Bacon Lv. 8
    - Charles Lv. 6

So I decided to do a Nuzlocke on White. These are the rules I have-

Dupes Clause (No Duplicate Pokemon Ex- Can't have 2 Patrat)

Must Nickname the Pokemon

Use only Healing Items found not bought.

Can't run from Wild Battles.

And all the normal Nuzlocke rules.

So far it has been difficult since I am new to this and the White 2 Challenge I was doing, I was doing it wrong...

Anyway here we go!

So far I received my starter Tepig who I named Twix, then destroyed Cheren and Bianca in battle, I proceeded to go to the Professors Lab but Bianca wasn't there. I then continued on to Route 1 where I caught a Patrat nicknamed Pez. I continued on to Accumula Town where I learned how to find a Pokemon Center, heal Pokemon, put them in a PC, and buy items from the store clerk. I listened to a man name Ghetsis talk about "Pokemon Liberation" then a strange guy named "N" challenged me saying my Pokemon could talk(?). I continued on to Route 2 where I caught a Lillipup which I then nicknamed Lollipop. Shortly afterwards I lost Pez and Lollipop to a trainers Patrat. I made my way to Striaton city where I battled Cheren and won then proceeded to challenge the Straiton Gym where I barely won my first badge. I helped a Munna in the Dreamyard and caught a Purrloin who I nicknamed Pastry. I continued on to Route 3 where I beat a ton of trainers and caught a Blitzle who I nicknamed Blueberry. Soon after catching him I lost him to a Trainers... Patrat -.- Then I beat Team Plasma in a Cave then proceeded on in my journey. Just before Nacrene City I lost Pastry to a Trainer's Pidove which I was sad about because Purrloin was actually a good Pokemon. Twix then evolved into a Pignite after avenging her death. I made my way to Nacrene City then the outside of Pinwheel forest and caught a Pidove who I nicknamed Pie. That is it so far ^.^

Edit: Just lost Pie the Pidove to a Wild Timburr who used Bide

Team-

(Twix) Male Lv 19

Deceased-
    Pez
    Lollipop
    Blueberry
    Pastry
    Pie
    Last edited by BlackwingMarauder; 4th April 2014 at 12:40 AM.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

I walked along Route 2 and battled trainers on the way to Striaton City. I also caught a wild Purrloin that I encountered and nicknamed it Catty. I made it to Striaton City after that and healed my team at the Pokemon Center. I then talked to everyone in town and went to the Trainers' School and found Cheren studying there. I talked to him and we battled and I barely managed to defeat him since his team was stronger than mine. I got that done and received Berries from him, which was cool. I healed again and went to the Dreamyard to battle some more trainers there. I talked to a little girl and she handed me a Pansage for my journey. I nicknamed it Matt and went to train it on Route 2 and saved once it leveled up.

- Bacon Lv. 12
    - Charles Lv. 9
    - Catty Lv. 8
    - Matt Lv. 11
    Last edited by Lorde; 5th April 2014 at 12:39 AM.

After losing Pie to a wild Timburr I continued on to the Gym in Nacrene City. I don't think Twix was upset about losing Pie since he has been through enough losses. He still is upset about losing Pastry though. We made our way into the gym and met Hawes, the Museum Director. He led us to the Gym entrance and we read a few books battled a few trainers and made our way to Lenora. We destroyed her Herdier with one Arm thrust and this was the part I feared the most. Her Watchog who knows the deadly Retaliate. Lucky for us she used leer instead and we KO'd her Watchog! We had done it! We received the Basic Badge and as we were about to leave Hawes came bursting into the battle area and told us Team Plasma had been trying to steal the Dragon Skull! We rushed up the stairs into the main part of the museum and in a flash they set off a few Smoke bombs and were gone! Lenora and I ran out of the Museum, but they were no where to be found. We did meet up with Burgh, the 3rd Gym leader, Bianca, and Cheren. Bianca gave me a Dowsing Machine and I went to Pinwheel forest with Burgh. After battling the first 2 Plasma grunts I ran into a Petilil! I caught her and named her Starfruit. I have a feeling that her and Twix will hit it off! She is one tough Pokemon!

EDIT: After defeating team Plasma in Pinwheel forest I made my way to Castelia City. The first thing I did when I got there was go to the Desert area and get my first encounter. I was hoping it wouldn't be Sandile, and it wasn't! I found a male Darumaka who I caught (Barely) and nicknamed Doughnut, my team and I are now training to challenge Burgh!

Team-
    (Twix) Male Lv 24
    (Starfruit) Female Lv 19
    (Doughnut) Male Lv 15

Deceased-
    Pez
    Lollipop
    Blueberry
    Pastry
    Pie
    Last edited by BlackwingMarauder; 4th April 2014 at 10:23 PM.

Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

After leveling up my team to prepare for the Striaton City Gym, I bought some Potions at the Pokemon Center's Mart. I then headed over to the Striaton City Gym and opened up the curtains which allowed me to battle the Gym trainers inside. Bacon leveled up to level 15 and then I approached Gym Leader Cress and I faced off against him there. He sent out his Lillipup, which was easily defeated by Bacon alone and I switched to Matt when Chili sent out his Panpour next. I had Matt use two Vine Whip attacks and Cress's Panpour soon fainted. I got the Trio Badge as well as the TM containing the move Work Up and I left the Striaton City Gym. I quickly healed my Pokemon and then saved before heading back out.

- Bacon Lv. 15
    - Charles Lv. 10
    - Catty Lv. 10
    - Matt Lv. 13

After defeating Team Plasma in Castelia City I ran over to the Bug-Type Gym to finally challenge Burgh. After continuously running through giant Walls of sticky honey and battling a few clowns (Literally CLOWNS) I found my way to Burgh. I challenged him and he sent out Dwebble which was easily defeated by my Twix. He then sent out Whirlipede against my Doughnut which was taken out with just 2 Fire Punches. Then out came his favorite Pokemon- Leavanny. I knew if I were to switch out to Starfruit she would be KO'd in no time. So I left Doughnut out and destroyed Leavanny with 1 Fire Punch. I did it... I earned my Beetle Badge and a TM containing Struggle Bug. I can't wait to see who the next gym leader is and what Pokemon he or she has!
    ~ (My In game character :s)

Team-
    (Twix)
    (Starfruit)
    (Doughnut)

Deceased-
    Pez
    Lollipop
    Blueberry
    Pastry
    Pie

Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

I went back to the Dreamyard and encountered Bianca there. We then heard a noise and it turned out to be a Munna. Then some Team Plasma grunts appeared and I had to battle against them. I did so with Catty since it needed experience, but I switched to Charles after a while for the same reason. The Team Plasma grunts were defeated and then "Ghetsis" appeared. After that Musharna showed up and took Munna away and Fennel appeared. I went back to Striaton City afterwards and went to visit Fennel after that. She gave me the C-Gear, which allowed me to finally leave the city and head towards Route 3. I healed at the Pokemon Center and then headed out to Route 3. I saved shortly before arriving there.

- Bacon Lv. 16
    - Charles Lv. 12
    - Catty Lv. 12
    - Matt Lv. 14

I decided to battle some trainers in the route before Desert Resort so I could train my Starfruit. I then beat all of them nearly losing Twix and Starfruit while training. I headed to Desert Resort where i had multiple encounters but none fit the criteria I needed for my Wedlocke. So I went inside the Desert resort and found a Female Maractus caught her nicknamed her Margarita and Doughnut seemed a little upset that his partner was bigger than him. I am sure these 2 will be fighting for a while. Meanwhile with Starfruit and Twix they seem to really like each other now, I am upgrading their status to Best Friends, while Margarita and Doughnut's status is at Dislike Each other stage. I want to travel into the Relic Castle and try getting the 5th Member of the team.
    ~Penguin~

(Twix)
    (Starfruit)
    (Doughnut)
    (Margarita)

Deceased-
    Pez
    Lollipop
    Blueberry
    Pastry
    Pie

Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

I arrived at Route 3 and walked towards the Pokemon Day Care and I encountered Cheren there. He walked up to me and challenged me to a Pokemon battle. I managed to defeat his team and after that, I had to help Bianca and a little kid deal with Team Plasma. I went over to Wellspring Cave and battled the Team Plasma grunts with Cheren and took care of that. I then headed back to the Pokemon Day Care and left Charles there. I battled the trainers at the preschool and then encountered a wild Blitzle in the tall grass. I caught it and nicknamed it Wally and finally arrived at Nacrene City after training. I entered the city and went to the Pokemon Center to heal my team before doing anything else and then saved.

- Bacon Lv. 17
    - Catty Lv. 14
    - Matt Lv. 15
    - Wally Lv. 12

This won't be a full-sized entry, but I did want to mention that, having beaten X, I decided to start another game in my budding quest to complete a Nuzlocke in every generation. To that end, I have started a challenge in White. My amended Nuzlocke rules are:

- One capture per named area. Separate floors of a dungeon are still the same dungeon.
    - Two captures will be allowed for Pinwheel Forest; one outside, and one in, as I feel that despite having the same name, they are completely different areas.
    - Dupe clause ON - I will be allowed to bypass already obtained Pokemon to catch the first new Pokemon (no capture symbol next to the name) seen in an area.
    - Shinies can be caught, but only used if I could use it per the rules. Others will go to a special box.
    - Once a Pokemon faints, it is to be in a box named R.I.P.
    - Trade evolutions are to be allowed, but only after I evolve a different Pokemon to its third evolution, and only if the Pokemon used for the trade is one I already have, alive or dead.
    - Gift Pokemon do not count towards my one catch per area limit, but trades and reviving fossils do.

My naming convention for this playthrough is akin to what ProJared and Jethrotex (look them up on YouTube - ProJared's Fire Red Nuzlocke is especially entertaining to watch) do to name their Pokemon. In other words, completely Random. Like, naming an Oddish Nuptup (or, in my case, naming a Tepig Rhundia) random. Coming soon: a write up of the beginning of my journey: I am already in Nacrene City, and have had some successes, and some dire failures. Stay tuned!
    I now have Pokemon X! My friend code is in my profile. Message me if you send me a friend request so I'll know who you are!

I wandered Nacrene City and collected items. I then visited a cafe and then I went inside the warehouses. After that, I went to the Nacrene City Museum, but I encountered N once again outside. He talked to me and then challenged me to a battle. I used Wally and Bacon against him and I won the battle after a few minutes. He then left the area and I explored the Nacrene Museum at long last. I talked to everyone and then found the entrance of Lenora's Gym. There were tons of bookshelves and I was supposed to battle trainers and unlock clues to opening Lenora's room. I battled and leveled up my team and then I managed to find all of the clues and unlock Lenora's location within the Gym and I saved down there.

- Bacon Lv. 19
    - Catty Lv. 15
    - Matt Lv. 16
    - Wally Lv. 15

Right, well, here is the promised update. I had already decided to use Tepig, as I had used Snivy in my first White playthrough, and used Oshawott in my Black 2 playthrough. The Random Number Gods agreed with me, as after beating Cheren and Bianca, I found out that a: my Tepig is a female, and b: she has a Jolly nature! Needless to say, I am QUITE pleased with this. I named her Rhundia, and set out on my adventure. My first capture was a Patrat that I forgot to nickname, but wasn't to saddened by this as I figured that he was likely to be boxed once I caught a seventh Pokemon. I breezed through Accumula Town, and caught a Lillipup (sadly, with Pick Up) on Route 2, naming him Grouaf. I did a bit of grinding, then went to the Dreamyard and gladly accepted a gift Pokemon, welcoming Largran the Pansage to the team. After getting everyone to a decent level (I think it was 12, but I can't recall now), I challenged the Striaton gym, and beat Cress without too much difficulty.

In the dreamyard, my first encounter was a Patrat, but after that I found a female Purrloin, who I named Miaogette. I then went to Wellspring Cave, deciding to skip my catch on Route 3 until after I could reach dark grass, as I wanted a Blitzle. I beat the Plasma grunt, but not without paying a price. It was Patrat vs Patrat, and a couple turns in, the Plasma 'rat used Bide. I thought that I could take it out, but it lived with 1 HP, and when the energy unleashed, there was nothing I could do but watch my Patrat go down. True, he wasn't one I had pegged as endgame material, but it still hurt. My catch for the cave was a female Roggenrola, who now goes by the name Pirondine.

On my way to Nacrene City, the dark grass yielded not the hoped-for Blitzle, but a Pidove instead. Not complaining too loudly, I caught him and named him Kooruss. I added a Tympole that I named Nurgil from the outside area of Pinwheel Forest. I decided to grind everyone to level 17 before the gym, but some really bad stuff happened during said grinding. First, a wild Pidove took out Kooruss on a critical hit, the turn before I was going to take IT out. Then, a trainer's Timburr scored a crit against Largran, turning the Challenge Rock into a tombstone. That Timburr was scoring critical hit after critical hit, and came close to wiping my whole team out - it was pretty scary.

In the gym, both Rhundia and Grouaf got up to level 18 from the practice trainers. Then came Lenora. Lenora was almost her usual terrifying self. I led off with Rhundia, who was by now a Pignite, and her first attack dropped the leader's Herdier into the red. Herdier then used Take Down, which crit and nearly made my heart stop - Rhundia went from full HP to 1 HP. If I hadn't gotten that last level before Lenora, she would have DIED. In came Watchog, and I switched to Pirondine, expecting Revenge (edit: sorry, Retaliation. Stupid similar names.) She didn't use it, and the ensuing battle put half my team to sleep, cost me several Super Potions and other healing items, sent most of my team into yellow or red HP, and gave (I think) everyone I had with me experience points, but also gave me a Badge, with no fainted Pokemon. It was a rush, but a short lived one. I took on the double battle trainers in Pinwheel Forest, and - somehow - forgot that Bug is good against Dark. I neglected to switch from Miaogette, who became Sewaddle chow when both the trainers aimed a Bug Bite at her. My catch in the area was, appropriately enough, a Sewaddle, who is named Coutorire. My team is now level 20, and chasing Team Plasma deeper into the forest.

Current Team:
    Rhundia Lvl. 20
    Grouaf Lvl. 20
    Pirondine Lvl. 20
    Nurgil Lvl. 20
    Coutorire Lvl. 20

R.I.P.
    Patrat
    Kooruss
    Largran
    Miaogette
    Last edited by GimliSam; 27th April 2014 at 6:19 PM.
    I now have Pokemon X! My friend code is in my profile. Message me if you send me a friend request so I'll know who you are!

I challenged Lenora to a Pokemon battle at the Nacrene City Gym. She sent out her Herdier first and I sent out Wally. It was a tough battle since Wally was at a lower level than Herdier, so I swapped to Catty instead and defeated Herdier. Lenora then sent out her Watchog and it defeated Catty, so I swapped out to Bacon. That battle was easier and I used Bacon's Ember to beat Watchog. I finally defeated Lenora and got the Basic Badge from her, as well as the Retaliation TM. I left the Nacrene City Museum, but I had to chase down Team Plasma into the Pinwheel Forest after they took the Dragon Skull from the museum. I healed at the Pokemon Center and then went to Pinwheel Forest to find them and saved.

- Bacon Lv. 20
    - Matt Lv. 16
    - Wally Lv. 16
    Last edited by Lorde; 26th April 2014 at 11:35 PM.

Update! I am now in Nimbasa City, though I do need to go back to the Desert Resort for my fossil. Burgh was a total pushover, with Rhundia sweeping the gym without needing to heal even once. Along the way, she grew to Level 25. My catch for route 4 was Sandile, whom I named Talliria. I did some grinding, and got my team up to level 22, then went in to the Desert Resort, really hoping for a Sigilyph, since my team has a desperate weakness to fighting types at the moment. Of course, I find a Darumaka, which I catch and name Aiguikel. Relic Castle gets me a Yamask, of course. I named her (a lot of females on my team, it seems) Versanna. I was doing a little more grinding, wanting my team to get caught up to Rhundia, and also wanting to loot everything the desert has to offer, when disaster struck. I thought that Coutorire would be fast enough to run from a Darumaka 4-5 levels lower, but he wasn't, and died to a critical hit Fire Fang in one shot. I went to Nimbasa, deposited Coutorire and withdrew Versanna, and made my catch for Route 16 (Nyanxie the Liepard) before calling it quits.

I arrived at Pinwheel Forest's outer area and caught a Tympole and nicknamed it Spawn. I then entered the main forest and battled some Team Plasma grunts. I also battled several trainers and encountered more Pokemon in the rustling grass. I spent some time just searching for some items and I headed deeper when I didn't find any. I went to heal with the Nurse near the Pinwheel Forest entrance and then got back inside the Pinwheel Forest. I encountered a wild Sewaddle in the tall grass and went ahead and battled it. I fought a few more Team Plasma grunts in the forest and then I went through the next part of the forest and found a wild Venipede, which I also beat for experience. I saved before moving ahead.

- Bacon Lv. 22
    - Matt Lv. 18
    - Wally Lv. 18
    - Spawn Lv. 14

So, after a tedious attempt at a Scramble run (I was struggling with the team), I decided to start a White 2 Nuzlocke. My rules are as follows:

-Standard rules apply.
    -If I accidentally KO my first and second encounters, then I can try again. However, after the third, that's it for that route.
    -Duplicates can be ignored
    -Shinies will have 'immortal' status- they can't be killed in any way due to their rarity. I can also capture them whether or not I've already encountered something on that route.
    -If I go into Double Grass, I can have my choice of the encountered Pokémon.
    -I have no limit to the amount of Pokeballs I can buy- but I can't buy anything aside from Pokeballs and Premier Balls. Naturally, this is exempt with the Master Ball; once again due to its rarity.
    -Legendaries must be caught; but if any of my Pokémon are killed in battle with it, they aren't counted as such until it's been caught. However, this means this is the ONLY instance in the game I can use Revives. In addition, I can't use them ingame. Why catch them, then? Challenge.

I decided to start my challenge with Tepig, as it's the one starter I haven't used. As per standard rules, I nicknamed him 'Hogden'. (The rest will take place in a short summary; I can't be bothered typing it all up.)

-Got Hogden and defeated my rival, Cal.
    -Went onto Route 19, where I caught Kabegami the Purrloin.
    -Met Alder, trained Hogden to level 8 and healed. Purchased 10 Pokeballs and got a Premier Ball. Boxed Kabegami.
    -Went to Route 20 to try and find Cal. Couldn't find him, but found a Pidove and Patrat. However, Hogden accidentally KO'd them, so I just threw a Pokeball at the next encounter- Sewaddle. I nicknamed him 'Sona', thinking he was female.
    Went onto Flocessy Ranch and caught a Psyduck. Unable to think of an adequate name, I merely abbreviated 'Duck Without A Name'- AKA 'Dwan'.

Team so far:

Hogden, level 9 (Nickname chosen for bad puns)
    Sona, level 5 ('Sewing' reminded me of fursuits, as I'm a furry, so I shortened 'fursona'/'persona')
    Dwan, level 5 (Duck Without A Name, as I previously stated.)
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I trained at the outer portion of Pinwheel Forest again and then I entered the inside of the forest once more. I battled against more trainers and then another couple Team Plasma grunts. After about 10 minutes of training against wild Pokemon, I went deeper into the forest and fought more trainers. I made it near the center of the forest and I fought a Team Plasma grunt and defeated him. I got the Dragon Skull back afterwards and then a Team Plasma Sage arrived. He talked, but then Lenora and Burgh appeared so he left. I got a Moon Stone from Lenora and then I went on the Skyarrow Bridge. It looked amazing and I arrived in Castelia City a minute later. I saved the game after healing at the Pokemon Center.

- Bacon Lv. 23
    - Matt Lv. 19
    - Wally Lv. 19
    - Spawn Lv. 17

As my unrecorded Platinum nuzlocke comes to a close, I have decided to do a White nuzlocke.

Rules:
    -Only catch the first pokemon you see in each area

>If two areas have a similar name but have considerable differences in their pokemon and landscape (Inside and Outside of Pinwheel forest for example) then they are considered different areas.

> I can choose whether or not to catch a duplicate if I don't already have a living specimen of the pokemon

> Shinies and Gift pokemon are exempt from all catching rules.

-If a pokemon faints, it is forever deceased and must be "buried" in a box labeled "Fallen"

-All pokemon must be named

-Zekrom and non-Uber Legendaries can be used if they are your first encounter in an area or a major plot point.

-No pokemon can be raised more than 5 levels above the next Gym leader's signature pokemon

-If you need an HM user to advance through a vital part of the journey, and you have no living pokemon capable of using that HM nor can you get one without violating catching rules, then you are screwed and must restart!

-You can not trade except to evolve a pokemon

>You can't evolve a pokemon via trading until it is 10 or more levels above its last evolution level ( For example, a Machoke can't be evolved through trading until it is level 38)

-My starter will be chosen by my Trainer ID, numbers 1-3 will mean I use Tepig, 4-6 mean Snivy and 7-9 mean oshawott and 0 means I choose

And those are the rules I have planned for myself in this Nuzlocke challenge If you have any suggestions please reply or send me a message
    Last edited by _Jambalaya_; 28th May 2014 at 3:41 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
    Have you accepted Sithrack as your lord and savior? Nothing you do will make him angry, he was angry already!

Upon arrival in Castelia City, I went to a pier nearby and I obtained a Leaf Stone from a scientist there. I evolved Matt into Simisage and then I explored the rest of Castelia City. I wandered around an alley and obtained the Flash TM from some strange man and then I talked to a Dancer trainer and battled him. I went to search for two more Dancers and I found one in the alley and one at one of the piers in Castelia City. I went to the Castelia City Pokemon Center to heal my team and bought items and then I arrived at the Castelia Gym. Burgh came out and said that he wanted to talk, so I followed him to another pier and I met up with Bianca and Iris. Bianca had her Pokemon stolen so I decided to help find Team Plasma. The others left and I saved the game before following them.

- Bacon Lv. 24
    - Matt Lv. 20
    - Wally Lv. 20
    - Spawn Lv. 19

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast