Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st/2nd Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Default 1st/2nd Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

1st/2nd Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal

What is...this Challenge?

This is essentially for all those challenges that do not come under Scramble, Monotype or Nuzlocke Challenges. You can decide on the restrictions you have on yourself (say if you want to go with a specific theme of Pokemon or no TMs, or a one-Pokemon-only run, or so forth).

You can also decide if you choose the Pokemon yourself or if someone else chooses the Pokemon for you.

Rules
    • Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
    • Please specify all the restrictions you are placing on yourself in this challenge in the first post, and also in any other posts should you require more Pokemon to be chosen for you by other members.
    • You may either use Pokemon you have chosen yourself or Pokemon chosen for you by other people.
    • If your challenge comes under the Monotype/Scramble/Nuzlocke threads, please use those threads, not this one! This includes challenges where your one is essentially a Scramble challenge with one or two small restrictions.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join for the post blitz and events now!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Cheating? In my VGC? We look into the World VGC 'Ray Rizzo event' last month and more.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Feeling a bit nostalgic here so I want a Crystal challenge.

Fully evolved pokemon and I can trade, and I want to have a Flareon (you can give me restrictions).

I want pokemon who had moveset changes/additions when Platinum came out. For a list go HERE

-Flareon (give restrictions)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

For your Eevee to become Flareon, you must have at least one spare Fire Stone (so you may not evolve it until you have two or more Fire Stones).

Take a Crobat. It must defeat 30 pokemon that it is weak against before it can reach its final evolution. Good luck.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

^Ah sorry, as much as I like Crobat it's not in the list in the link (not having any movepool changes in Platinum)

Crystal, fully evolved

I want pokemon who had moveset changes/additions when Platinum came out. For a list go HERE

-Flareon (evolves after having a spare Fire stone)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Okay then take a Noctowl. It must know uproar and have to defeat 30 pokemon its weak against before it evolves.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

Uproar didn't exist but I'll glad to have the other restrictions (you can replace Uproar with another move in Gen 2 if you want)

-Noctowl, must defeat 30 pokemon it is weak too
    -
    -
    -
    -

SilverMorty, take a Marill that can't evolve until it learns Double-Edge. Its final move set MUST be Double-Edge, Bubblebeam, Rollout, and Iron Tail. Have fun and good luck!

SilverMorty, take a Scizor, no evolution restrictions. However, your Scizor is angry as it cannot get Bullet Punch in this generation, so it may not know any Steel-type moves until you have defeated all 16 gyms and defeated the E4 twice.
    I'm not the one you need, but I'll be there to guide you
    I'll show the world to you, and everything I've been through

A broken mind, a battered song, a spark of magic won't keep you strong
    But maybe it's been in you all along

Sorry LostHero, Marill doesn't learn anything new in its movepool in Platinum according to the list. ^^;

Crystal, fully evolved

Pokemon who had moveset changes/additions in Platinum (see http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/946308-po...ion/faqs/54120 for list)

-Scizor with no Steel moves until defeating 16 gyms and E4 twice (steel moves aren't great this gen anyway xD)
    -
    -
    -

Take a Feraligatr. It can't evolve from Totodile until it has soloed every TR grunt in Slowpoke Well, Bugsy's gym, and your rival in Azela. It cannot evolve from Croconaw until it solos every grunt and Executive in the rocket hideout. It must know Surf
    Last edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum; 20th May 2011 at 7:46 PM.

SilverMorty, you know what? I saw that too and I was like "make sure you do this part", but then I thought "MARILL IS COOL AND INTERESTING AND EVERYTHING" and didn't even think to check. Sorry!

How about a Meowth? Before it can only evolve, it needs to either lose to a Pikachu or defeat a Koffing (or Weezing) and an Ekans (or Arbok). Its final moveset MUST be Pay Day, Iron Tail, ThunderPunch and Mud-Slap. Good luck, and have fun!

@SilverMorty, your last Pokemon will be a Pineco. Before it evolves, it must have learned Explosion and have used it 10 times in battle.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Awesome, thanks guys

-Scizor with no Steel moves until defeating 16 gyms and E4 twice (steel moves aren't great this gen anyway xD)
    -Pineco, evolve after using Explosion 10 times
    -Meowth evolve after losing to a Pikachu or defeating Koffing/Weezing/Ekans/Arbok. Must have Pay Day, Iron Tail, Thunderpunch, Mud Slap
    -Totodile, evolve after soloing Slowpoke Well Rockets, Bugsy and Rival then to Feraligatr after soloing Rocket hideout. Must have Surf.

Can someone give me some pokemon to use in Pokemon Yellow. Give restrictions too!

Each Pokemon must have even number of letters (signs do not count) (1st or last evo)

Machop - Must have Low Kick
    Charmander - STAB ASAP
    Kabuto - No evo until soloed one E4 (Kabuto < highest level E4 pokemon)
    Lapras - No restrictions
    Golbat as a Golbat - Must always have leech life
    Dodrio - only when give warden gold teeth.
    Last edited by iamQmai; 22nd May 2011 at 5:12 PM.

That's not hit me with your best shot,this is scramble but Machop must have Low Kick at all times

Ok, Sorry. Each Pokemon must have an even number of letters in their name too.

Machop - Must have Low kick!

P.S.:it can evolve

Charmander all of its moves must be Stab ASAP(Flying counts too because of charizard,but don't think it has any)

@iamqmai

Take Raichu. It must be evolved after your Pikachu (starter) once it solos Brock and cannot be at a higher level than 12 (unless it evolves after defeating Geodude) during the fight.

If you cannot trade at all with Gen I then take Kabuto who can only evolve after soloing any of the Elite 4 while it is at a level that is lower than or equal to (the exception being if it evolves during that battle) the highest level of that member's party.
    Last edited by Regiultima; 22nd May 2011 at 12:49 AM.

Take a Lapras, no restrictions

@iamQmai, take a Golbat. You MUST catch it as a Golbat (seeing as though Zubat had an odd number of letters). It must always know Leech Life.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

iamQmai take a Doduo that evolves to Dodrio after you give the Safari Warden the Gold Teeth

*uses revive on thread*

Well, I would like to do one of these for Crystal. I want to have a challenge where all of my pokemon aren't mammals. Like, instead of cyndaquil, I get chikorita (I hate chikorita's guts, I would stink to have to use it) and also less obvious mammals, like Zubat aren't allowed. Sounds fun to me ^_^

| tumblr. | dA |

Toobworm, take a Pineco, I believe it is not a mammal. It must know Spikes at all times from when it learns it. Evolve it after it has soloed any trainer that uses an Onix.
    I'm not the one you need, but I'll be there to guide you
    I'll show the world to you, and everything I've been through

A broken mind, a battered song, a spark of magic won't keep you strong
    But maybe it's been in you all along

Wow, I've always wanted to use a pineco, thank you!

-take a Pineco, I believe it is not a mammal. It must know Spikes at all times from when it learns it. Evolve it after it has soloed any trainer that uses an Onix.

| tumblr. | dA |

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast