Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Trainer Xande View Post
    No you didn 't. Anyway, my challenge team is going to be:
    *Turtwig- Twiggy-Solo Jupiter for Grotle/solo five fire-types lv30 or more for Torterra;
    *Chansey- Solo one of Maylene 's trainers for evolving, always know Softboiled;

I haven 't understtod if Elekid is for me. Also, I will not accept any more pokémons that need 800'000 or 1'059'860 exp ponts for getting to Lv 100.
    The Elekid was for Proby

Quote Originally Posted by Its_A_Random View Post
    @Proby3: Your partner is a Chimchar, Name it Chimp. All its IQ abilities must be disabled at all times, apart from those that can't be turned off.

@Pkmn Trainer Xande: Take a Drifloon, name it Balloon. It must have the the most EXP out of anyone at all times.

@Tomato: Take a Murkrow, name it Crow. If it's nature is either +Atk, +SAtk or Neutral, it may only use STAB Moves. Otherwise, it may never learn STAB Moves.

Have fun all of you.
    Is this allowed in the rules? I thought you could only hand one pokemon to one trainer at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post
    Is this allowed in the rules? I thought you could only hand one pokemon to one trainer at a time?
    No, you just can't give more than one Pokemon to the same person - you're allowed to give 3 Pokemon to three different people, just not 3 Pokemon to one person.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

final team:
    Mothim, my powerhouse, always above the rest
    Squeesh (the Gastrodon), evolved after defeating 5 east and west shellos and claiming the title of Gastrodon
    skuntank, evolved in wayward cave with Mira, after clearing the place of all enemies and items
    / Roberta/Roberta (the Dustox/Beautifly) raised from a wurmple, that never forgot how to harden
    Drapion, evolved by beating his mortal enemy chatot
    / Crow (the Honchkrow?), the offensive powerhouse that know only STAB moves

Crow was the only one I was confused on. you didn't specify any evolution requirements but didn't say I couldn't, so could you clarify?

and one question on the challenge in general. Can I have other pokemon until I first encounter all of these (like keep my starter until I get all 6 of the above) or is it that I can only challenge gyms & the elite 4 with these, or can these be the only pokemon in my party except for HM slaves?
    SHAGGY

You must catch these Pokemon as quickly as possible, and as soon as you have caught the first one, you must deposit your starter (which can be the only Pokemon you use until you catch your first one)
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

My team so far:
    * Turtwig- Twiggy-Solo Jupiter for Grotle/solo five fire-types lv30 or more for Torterra;
    * Chansey- Solo one of Maylene 's trainers for evolving, always know Softboiled;
    * Barboach: Evolves after defeating one of each ofthe following pokémon of trainers: Quagsire, East Gastrodon and West Gastrodon;
    * Drifloon: Must get more Exp then anyone else all the times;

I will not take any pokémon that needs 800'000, 1'000'000,1'059'860 or 1'640'000 for getting to Lv 100.

Can I get GOOD movesets for my pokémons in the Battle Frontier? Because I will get them to Platinum, and I want them in the Battle Frontier.
    And ITS A RANDOM , can it get a Exp Share? It would be more than fine for me.

Eeveelover824 made this awesome banner

I am back to Pokémon/Serebiiforums. If you had any business with me before my long time outside Serebiiforums, let me know by a Private Message

And ITS A RANDOM , can it get a Exp Share? It would be more than fine for me.
    Yes you can.
    Last edited by Its_A_Random; 7th May 2011 at 1:58 AM. Reason: ...

Xande, have a Cranidos (600,000 expPoints for level 100). It may evolve anytime after you have 100 of each Red, Green, and Blue, Diamond, and Pearl underground orbs. (Yep! A non-battle related restriction!)

For the Battle Frontier, I recommend something like: Earthquake, Stone Egde (or Rockslide if you prefer it's accuracy), and maybe: Crunch, Endeavor, Zen Headbutt, or (if you can get the move tutor in Pt) Outrage or Fire Punch. Use a Focus Band (for hopefully dropping a foe to 1 HP with Endeavor), Choice Band, or Life Orb (your choice). I'm not great with movesets, but I hope this helps (you can change to something better if someone suggests it). Earthquake and one of the Rock moves definitely moves Rampardos wants, though. The strategy is to hit hard and fast, preferably after another Pokemon has made it easier for Rampardos to switch in.

EDIT: This is only a recommendation for the Battle Frontier, use whatever moves you like in-game.
    Last edited by Ememew; 7th May 2011 at 9:31 AM.

MD EOT Scramble
    - Skitty (Skittles)- Great, a feminine Pokemon. XD
    -
    - Elekid (Buzz)- No restrictions
    -
    Whole Team restrictions [Max 3]:

@bekidding- sorry, Electivire addict posted his before yours, and I said no type overlap.

@Its_A_Random- I apologize not for posting partners I didn't want. Chimchar is one of them. And the weird thing is, in my current MD file, the one I'm erasing, I'm a Treecko, and my Partner is a Chimchar called Chimp. SO WEIRD.

So, I'd like my partner and I'd like my other Pokemon.
    I'd like Team restrictions and restrictions for Elekid and Skitty.

Proby3, have a Baltoy. Must defeat 3 Ground types to turn on its Ground moves and 3 Psychic types to use Psychic moves without any of your other team mates dealing damage to those targets. Must also learn at least one TM before your hero and partner are taken to the future.

EDIT: Name it "Spinn"
    Also, Ground/Psychics may only count as one or the other for it's moves, so if you beat a fellow Baltoy, for example, it may either go to your Ground or Psychic move requirements. Additional Baltoy would count as whatever type you gave it before (so once you've defeated a multi-typed species, it may only count to the type you first chose to count it under).
    Last edited by Ememew; 7th May 2011 at 11:38 AM.

MD EOT Scramble
    -
    - Baltoy (Spinn)- Must defeat three Ground types to use Ground type moves and three psychic types to use Psychic. Must know a TM before we get sent to the future.

Thanks Ememew. That's exactly the sort of challenge I'm looking for.
    I still need my starter, restrictions for Elekid and Skitty, and whole team restrictions.

@Proby3: Very well then. Your team likes to conserve money, so your team may never buy anything from a Kecleon Shop in Treasure Town, or in a dungeon. You may also never appraise a Treasure box, since it costs money, or anything else that costs money, you get the idea. Also, you may only carry a maximum of 1 Reviver Seed entering a dungeon. Name your team: Team Conserver.

Have fun, not sure if it counts as more than 3 Restrictions, if so, omit either the Team Name or the Reviver Seed restriction.

MD EOT Scramble
    Team Name: Team Conserver
    -
    - Baltoy (Spinn)- Must defeat three Ground types to use Ground type moves and three psychic types to use Psychic. Must know a TM before we get sent to the future.
    • I cannot ever buy anything. No Move Linking, Nothing from the Keckleon brothers or Keckleon in dungeons, no appraisal, nothing can be spent.

Thanks a lot Its_A_Random, that's a great one. I love a challenge. I know MD like the back of my hand, so tough challenges are welcome for it.
    I'll omit the Reviver seed restriction, because that one is probably the one I won't be able to do. I need my reviver seeds.

Do you need to pay for Chansey? I can't remember.

My team so far:
    * Turtwig- Twiggy-Solo Jupiter for Grotle/solo five fire-types lv30 or more for Torterra;
    * Chansey- Solo one of Maylene 's trainers for evolving, always know Softboiled;
    * Barboach: Evolves after defeating one of each ofthe following pokémon of trainers: Quagsire, East Gastrodon and West Gastrodon;
    * Drifloon: Must get more Exp then anyone else all the times (it can be with a Exp.Share);
    *Cranidos: Evolve after I get 100 of each orb in the underground (this means a Lv100 of all of them?)

I will not take any pokémon that needs 600'000, 800'000, 1'000'000,1'059'860 or 1'640'000 for getting to Lv 100.

One more!

I am back to Pokémon/Serebiiforums. If you had any business with me before my long time outside Serebiiforums, let me know by a Private Message

Quote Originally Posted by Proby3 View Post
    Do you need to pay for Chansey? I can't remember.
    Nope, Chansey's Day Care costs nothing, so it's allowed.

My team so far:
    * Drifloon: Must get more Exp then anyone else all the times (it can be with a Exp.Share);
    *Cranidos: Evolve after I get 100 of each orb in the underground (this means a Lv100 of all of them?)

I will not take any pokémon that needs 600'000, 800'000, 1'000'000,1'059'860 or 1'640'000 for getting to Lv 100.

One more!
    Yep, it means get the maximum level on all of them if it maxes at 100 or get a max on all of them plus at least one additional sphere each if the max is 99 (honestly cannot remember which it was right now).

Looks like you just have the 1,250,000 EXP group to go!
    Last edited by Ememew; 8th May 2011 at 12:02 AM.

Can I get GOOD movesets for my pokémons in the Battle Frontier? Because I will get them to Platinum, and I want them in the Battle Frontier.
    That might be a bit tough, but I can give you a moveset for Blissey at least.
    It should always have Softboiled. If you are willing to migrate it from a third generation game, it must have Seismic Toss, otherwise you will have to use Ice Beam or Flamethrower. If you are willing to breed, you should get Aromatherapy. The last move should be either Thunder Wave or Toxic.
    So it should look like this:

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp.def
    Nature: Bold
    – Seismic Toss / Flamethrower / Ice Beam
    – Thunder Wave / Toxic
    – Aromatherapy
    – Softboiled

If you do not get Aromatheraphy, another attacking move or even things like Calm Mind might work.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

Ok, since all the challenges have been moved from here, I will repost the rules for an egg scramble challenge (Quoted from Nionel):

Quote Originally Posted by Nionel
    Okay, I went ahead and typed up an updated version of the rules for the challenge, and while I wish I could just update the original post, there are here in case anyone needs them. They are based off the original rules with changes based on what we've done here so far. If you think anything should be changed, just let me know.

Egg Scramble Rules

1. Your team must be composed entirely of Pokemon sent to you as eggs from another trainer, with the exception of your starter Pokemon if you choose to use it.

2. You cannot use Pokemon you captured in the wild in battle. Catching a Pokemon such as a Bidoof or a bird Pokemon to use for HMs is acceptable [only] if your team lacks a Pokemon that can learn a required move.

3. Please don't send Pokemon such as Magikarp, Feebas, or Combee (unless you can guarantee it's Female). These Pokemon are difficult to use near the beginning of the game or have no method of learning additional attacks and should be avoided unless specifically requested by a trainer.

4. The contents of the eggs you send should be kept secret from the trainer, as telling them what they will be receiving violates the spirit of this challenge.

If you need an egg for your game just make a post here in the thread, many of the participants are more than willing to send eggs from their extra carts for use on a playthrough. If you have any further questions, please just let us know and we will address them as soon as possible.
    An additional optional rule would be not using items during battle. The reason I propose this is because anybody can buy items and potentially finish the challenge under-leveled and without much difficulty (specially if you receive strong pokémon). It's up to the challenger though.

On to my progress:

Trainer: Drippy (ID: 49000)
    Verision: Pearl
    FC: 4942 3242 1627

-Num Nums, lvl. 51
    Final moveset: Weather Ball, Thunder(TM), Rain Dance, Sunny Day

-Luna, lvl. 51
    Final moveset: Psychic(eggmove), Shadow Ball(eggmove), Powder Snow(didnt want to use Ice Beam TM), Lovely Kiss(relearned)

-Napalm, lvl. 51
    Final moveset: Flamthrower(TM), Close Combat, Strenght(HM),Rock Smash(HM)

-Iguana, lvl. 51
    Final moveset: Flamethrower, Fly(HM), Dragon Claw(relearned), Cut(HM)

-Chunkers, lvl. 51
    Final moveset: Crunch(eggmove), Waterfall(HM), Surf(HM), Rock Climb(HM)

-Guero, lvl. 52
    Final moveset: Dream Eater(TM), Thunder Punch(eggmove), Hypnosis, Light Screen(eggmove)

I beat the Elite 4 and the champion. Since I consider anything after the Elite 4 post-game, this concludes my challenge!

I was worried about Cynthia's garchomp earthquaking my fire types, but then I realized that Iguana is also a flying type AND I had the sense to have him remember Dragon Claw. This was the first time I had owned a charizard, and it's awesome.

Luna took care of the rest of the dragon types with her stab ice attacks. While Guero took hits like a champ and recovered with dream eater after hypnotizing the foe (or Luna's sweet kissing).

If anybody wants to take this challange I can offer random eggs for you(some with eggmoves and/or perfect IVs), you'll never know what you'll get!
    Embrace

A breeder joyously hatches a riolu for a client. To the dismay of the hatchling, the client never returns to claim him. Faced with an abandoned pokémon, the breeder vows to find the riolu's trainer and family.
    (Better banner coming soon.)
    Current - Chapter 1: The Client.

Coming up - Re-writing Chapter 2

Spoiler:- 4th Gen Eggmove (Any Nature/Gender):

Quote Originally Posted by Drippy Miltank View Post
    If anybody wants to take this challange I can offer random eggs for you(some with eggmoves and/or perfect IVs), you'll never know what you'll get!
    I want. In Pearl. Just wait sometime for me getting set for it, OK?

I want. In Pearl. Just wait sometime for me getting set for it, OK?
    All right just PM me when your ready. I have some eggs available.
    Embrace

A breeder joyously hatches a riolu for a client. To the dismay of the hatchling, the client never returns to claim him. Faced with an abandoned pokémon, the breeder vows to find the riolu's trainer and family.
    (Better banner coming soon.)
    Current - Chapter 1: The Client.

Coming up - Re-writing Chapter 2

Spoiler:- 4th Gen Eggmove (Any Nature/Gender):

I might do a challenge on pearl based on the Evolution of pokemon.
    Rules: NO Trading or Starters
    Just so there is no confusion if a pokemon has multiple requirements to evolve it can be classed as ether. E.G. Riolu Evolving into Lucario needs to be at Day while have max happiness so can be ether classed as a time of day pokemon or happiness pokemon.

-Level-up
    -Move Known
    -Stone
    -Happiness
    Diamond Scramble Challenge
    Pimplup, Denub, X-wing, Cobalt, Medipunch, Claws
    Completed

White 2 FC: 2753 0200 3566

For your "move known" slot, take an Aipom. To become Ambipom, it must use the move in question (Double Hit) to solo any of Pastoria's Gym Trainers.

Corbulo take a sand cloak Wormadam.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

Thanks guys had a feeling i might be using honey trees a lot. also i forgot to mention in the last post a pokemon evo line that has more then 1 evo it classes as ether type. E.G. Zubat lvls up for Golbat and the Happiness for crobat so thenit is classed as ether level up of happiness.

-level-up
    -Move Known - take an Aipom. To become Ambipom, it must use the move in question (Double Hit) to solo any of Pastoria's Gym Trainers.
    -Stone - take a Misdreavus with Pain Split. Evolve it after it uses Pain Split to leave a gym leader's pokemon's HP into red, with Misdreavus dealing the finishing blow next turn.
    -Happiness
    -Gender - take a sand cloak Wormadam.
    -Time of day
    Last edited by Corbulo; 9th May 2011 at 9:34 AM.
    Diamond Scramble Challenge
    Pimplup, Denub, X-wing, Cobalt, Medipunch, Claws
    Completed

White 2 FC: 2753 0200 3566

Corbulo for Stone take a Misdreavus with Pain Split. Evolve it after it uses Pain Split to leave a gym leader's pokemon's HP into red, with Misdreavus dealing the finishing blow next turn.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast