Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Default 5th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

5th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: Black/White, Black2/White2

What is...this Challenge?

This is essentially for all those challenges that do not come under Scramble, Monotype or Nuzlocke Challenges. You can decide on the restrictions you have on yourself (say if you want to go with a specific theme of Pokemon or no TMs, or a one-Pokemon-only run, or so forth).

You can also decide if you choose the Pokemon yourself or if someone else chooses the Pokemon for you.

Rules
    • Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
    • Please specify all the restrictions you are placing on yourself in this challenge in the first post, and also in any other posts should you require more Pokemon to be chosen for you by other members.
    • You may either use Pokemon you have chosen yourself or Pokemon chosen for you by other people.
    • If your challenge comes under the Monotype/Scramble/Nuzlocke threads, please use those threads, not this one! This includes challenges where your one is essentially a Scramble challenge with one or two small restrictions.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 23rd October 2012 at 12:48 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

BS challenge
    looking for a battle subway team.
    Theme:"ninja pokemons"
    Need Three
    -shednija(got to train)
    -accelger(got 2 train
    -Weezing (got 2 find or someone can trade me one)
    Last edited by lucarioisawesome; 30th April 2011 at 1:27 PM.
    † I am a Christian, and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    I watch you while you're sleeping.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    0__0

@lucarioisawesome; Take a Shedinja. I am so creative.

@lucario- have an Accelgor.

lucarioisawesome take a Weezing named Smokebomb (if you don't mind nicknames).

I'm taking a challenge in Pokemon White.

The theme is: pokemon with moustaches and I can get access to any pokemon so all generations are fine.

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Take a Samurott to be your starter, Silver Morty. Named "Samuel". No other restrictions.

@Silvermorty; Take an Alakazam. Name it Stachio; it must know Kinesis.

Take a Cryogonal
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

White, can access all pokemon, pokemon with moustaches

-Samurott named Samuel
    -Alakazam named Stachio with Kinesis
    -Cryogonal
    -
    -
    -

3 more

Also I'll take another challenge with black, I can trade as well and can access anything. I want to try to have diverse types in this one, the theme is pokemon with 2 or more heads. Reasonable evolution restrictions are welcome

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

@Silver Morty; For your second challenge, take a Dodrio. It must know Tri Attack. Evolve once it solos a Gym Leader of your choice.

Silver Morty, for black, take a Hydreigon for your Black challenge. It must be a Hydreigon before you take on N, and two other Pokemon in your party must be within five levels of it when you do so.

@ SilverMorty,
    For White, take a Probopass, named Nosewig. Must know Magnet Bomb.

For Black take Magneton. No restrictions (I don't know if you will allow yourself to evolve it as it loses its multiheaded status)

I'm thinking about doing one of the following for my story run in Black.

* Pan Generational Monotype. By that I mean one Pokemon introduced in each of the five generations to date, and all of the same type. (The sixth slot can be my starter, as an allowed wildcard.) I'll trade them in as eggs. Leaning towards Normal for the type, since there's plenty of diversity, normal types often aren't used much in-game, and nothing shafts me typing-wise except Marshal.

* Six of one. A team with six of the same species of Pokemon. I'd want something with balanced stats and a diverse movepool (especially with multiple boosting options and some defensive options), so I can use it in different ways.

* Baby Pokemon. Not allowed to evolve them. I'd probably keep my starter even though it's not technically a baby. For the rest, I'd trade in eggs. Probably the hardest of these three challenges, even with the more powerful babies like Elekid and Magby. I might try Trick Room to overcome low speed.

Which challenge do people think would be most interesting, and do you have any suggestions (and reasons) for specifics? (Eg the type for the monotype, or the Pokemon for the six of one.)

-Samurott named Samuel
    -Cryogonal
    -Probopass named Nosewig with Magnet Bomb (always wanted to use one!)
    -
    -

Black, I can trade as well and can access anything. I want to try to have diverse types in this one, the theme is pokemon with 2 or more heads. Reasonable evolution restrictions are welcome

-Dodrio with Tri Attack, evolve after soloing any gym leader
    -Hydreigon, must be fully evolved before N's battle. 2 other pokemon must be 5 levels of it (wow talk about some grinding XP)
    -Magnezone (yeah I count it as having three heads, the other two are just smaller )
    -
    -
    -

edit:

cantab I think the pan generational monotype seems the most interesting , having one of each gen should keep it fresh. Let me know what you pick so I can give you a pokemon ^^

SilverMorty, if you're doing a mustache run, Kricketune is a necessity. Make sure it always has a move that involves sound.

Cantab, all of your challenges seem pretty interesting. I personally wouldn't like the six of one challenge, but that's only if I was playing, and you obviously wouldn't have put it down as an idea if you didn't think you'd like it!
    For the pan-generational monotype, I'd be uneasy about using the starter as a wildcard, just because I think it'd always be the one to get you out of tricky situations that your type would struggle against, making it the "star of the show". Not sure what you could use instead, though... maybe another Pokémon of your chosen type from a random gen?
    You don't get Trick Room until after the Elite Four in B/W, if I remember rightly, so it probably wouldn't be tremendously useful for a baby playthrough. Sounds like a pretty fun idea, though!

These are just my thoughts, but at the end of the day, it's you who's playing, so I won't be offended if you completely ignore what I've said!
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

I could just run a five Pokemon team for the monotype run.

I did something similar to the six of one before, when I did a mono-ghost run of Red. There, I used two Gastly, two Haunter, and two Gengar.

Yeah, I'd have to bring Trick Room in for the baby Pokemon run. I'd possibly be bringing in some other moves too, though I'm not going to go giving them a load of powerful attacks from the start.

SilverMorty, a less-obvious suggestion for you: Slowbro. (Counting the attached Shellder as the second head.)

@SilverMorty, for your multiple headed challenge, take a Cherubi (yes, it does have a second head if you look closely). If your Pokemon need to stay with their multiple heads for the whole game, then you cannot evolve it, but then no restrictions. If you can evolve it, then it must solo Burgh to evolve.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

SilverMorty - For your mustache challenge, get a Lillipup. It can only evolve into Herdier inside Castelia City, and it can only evolve into Stoutland when Herdier learns Reversal [and it must keep it all throughout the challenge]. Be sure to nickname it!

Berries -- Escape Rope -- A Friday

images were taken from three specific pages of Serebii.net

-Samurott named Samuel
    -Cryogonal
    -Probopass named Nosewig with Magnet Bomb (always wanted to use one!)
    -Kricketune, must have one sound move
    -Lillipup evolves in Castelia City evolve again after learning Reversal
    -Whiscash

Black, I can trade as well and can access anything. I want to try to have diverse types in this one, the theme is pokemon with 2 or more heads. Reasonable evolution restrictions are welcome

-Dodrio with Tri Attack, evolve after soloing any gym leader
    -Hydreigon, must be fully evolved before N's battle. 2 other pokemon must be 5 levels of it
    -Magnezone
    -Slowbro (ah smart, never thought of that one)
    -Cherubi, evolve after soloing Burgh (i never used this line so I will evolve it. Again, smart with the Cherubi, forgot about its second head)
    -Dugtrio

edit:

@post below: Actually yeah I'll take the Whiscash as well since I have never used it and I already used Samurott recently so it can replace it maybe halfway in the journey or something.

Thanks for the team everyone!
    Last edited by SilverMorty; 30th April 2011 at 5:10 PM.

@ SilverMorty If you need any extra moustache Pokemon you could use a Whiscash

For your multi-heads you could use a Dugtrio. You don't have a ground type yet!

ETA: I never stopped to count all the multi-head Pokemon! There are also Exeggutor, Weezing, If you wanted to count Kangaskhan's baby, Mawile?
    Last edited by Umbreon's Girl; 30th April 2011 at 5:12 PM.
    Umbreon's Girl
    The Dream Team
    Pearl Nuzlocke Team

I write Pokemon fanfiction! Lookie --> http://umbreonsweet.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lucarioisawesome View Post
    BS challenge
    looking for a battle subway team.
    Theme:"ninja pokemons"
    Need Three
    -shednija(got to train)
    -accelger(got 2 train
    -Weezing (got 2 find or someone can trade me one)
    Your fourth Ninja pokemon will be

Starmie
    Name: Shuriken
    Moveset:
    Trick Room
    Rapid Spin
    Swift
    Dive

^He wants a battle subway team, so that's only three Pokemon he needs

Time for my Next Challenge.. Nicknamed "Kat2Kay" for the Name of the Account in DW, is based on the OC character party.

I want to get this done within a few days real time, due the problems with the White City/Black City.

I'll have three Pokémon in the Party at all times. Riolu/Lucairo, Luvdisc, and Unown-T.

You are to suggest Pokémon for Remaining slots. I will not accept: event only Pokémon, one off Unbreedables, aka Legendaries, or many Fighting, Steel, and Water type. Also If I don't have suggested Pokémon and the means to obtain is not available to me, I will reject it.

Due to the Nature of of how I will Obtain Luvdisk and Riolu, Egg Moves are can be suggested.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Big Nutter take a Sigilyph that must know Reflect and Light Screen and cannot attack in battle unless one of the screens are up

@Big Nutter, take a Deerling that may only evolve once it has learned Nature Power.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast