Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1055

Thread: 5th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by cantab View Post
    Which is why the Scramble threads here say "Purposely giving challengers blatantly terrible choices is against the spirit of the game and will not be tolerated." :-P
    Except I've used a Cherrim on a Platinum run, and it legitimately impressed me. I don't see anything too bad about it minus the infamous Grass type. Or did you mean on the other forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

I was referring to the Magikarp etc etc one.

^Ok cool

Anyhoo, just done Randomizer RNGing for Platinum run, LUCKED out. Chimchar for my starter, Roserade, Mismagius, Nidoqueen, Pachirisu and Granbull. I am completely honest when I say I got these legit. This will be fun, to say the least. I think if it goes well I'll do another. Hope it'll be a bit more interesting, as in a bit less power and a bit more "bad" Pokémon. I've started it already and will update.

I am planning to run through White2 with only the starter. I will edit this with my first challenge.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Randomizer is a bit meh, I like the freedom of choice. Still using a few of the picked Pokémon but I will freely choose the rest. I'm really bad at challenges. :P

Lookin' to start up another run on my Black 2.
    Never done a 'Hit me with your best shot' challenge, and from the looks of it this should be quite difficult xD
    Anyway, I've decided on Lillipup as my 'starting' Pokemon. No restrictions for it yet, so fire away.
    Also, I only want 3-Pokemon evolution lines (Lillipup, Tympole etc) in my team, and only 4 Pokemon.

Team:
    Lillipup - (no restrictions yet)
    -
    -
    -

So hit me with your best shot.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

terrytorterra, take an Axew. It can evolve into Fraxure without any restrictions, but must solo two trainers in the 7th gym and Drayden's Haxorus before it may evolve again. It must also have Taunt and Swords Dance in its final moveset. You must also catch it in either a Luxury Ball or a Premier Ball.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

terrytorterra, take a Mareep. It must have a speed-boosting nature and the move Electro Ball as its only damaging electric-type move (the moves Thunder Wave and/or Cotton Spore are encouraged as well). To evolve into Flaaffy, it must land the killing blow on any gym leader's final pokemon. To evolve into Ampharos, it must OHKO 3 pokemon (with level equal to or higher than its own) in a row with Electro Ball.

Spoiler:- Current Playthroughs::

Spoiler:- Upcoming Playthroughs::

terrytorterra take a Litwick. Evolve it to Lampent after it burns Skyla's Swanna. Evolve it to Chandelure after defeats 3 pokemon that evolves by stones (different pokemon, 3 different stones). One of them must be a Water Stone.

Alright, this is already looking pretty hard xD
    But the team's been assembled!

Team:
    - Lillipup - Must solo Clay to evolve into Stoutland. Also must have Retaliate in its final moveset.
    - Axew - Caught with Premier or Luxury Ball. Must solo 2 trainers in 7th gym and Drayden's Hazorus to evolve into Haxorus. Also must have Taunt and Swords Dance in it's final moveset.
    - Mareep - Can only have Electroball as a damaging electric-type move. Must finish off any gym leader's final Pokemon to evolve into Flaffy, then must OHKO 3 pokemon its level or higher in a row to evolve to Ampharos.
    - Litwick - Can only evolve into Lampent after buring Skyla's Swanna, and but defeat 3 pokemon that evolve with stones (one must be a water stone) to evolve into Chandelure.

And that's it! I guess I'll start off now, and keep things updated :P
    Last edited by terrytorterra; 21st March 2013 at 1:32 AM.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

I'm planning on doing a run of Pokemon White using the Pokemon that Trip in the anime used. So that means starting with Snivy and catching Pidove, Frillish, Litwick, Vannilite and Timburr. I'm also gonna use an HM slave, so can you recommend me a fifth gen Pokemon for that job?
    Oh yeah, and I am not using any Legendaries.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

You actually don't need any of the HMs to complete the game. But even if you did, Frillish can take Surf, while Pidove can Fly. Strength, Rock Smash and Cut can be dealt with by Timburr and Snivy.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458

Default Pokemon Pink Slip

POKEMON PINK SLIP

I'm not completely certain that this is where I should be posting this, but I had an idea for a new addition to playing through the story. I typically run nuzlock's now, and I had this idea about incorporating a "pink slip" type increment to this particular game mode. It basically gives you something to look forward to whenever you know half your team is fixing to die to freaking Whitney's Miltank.

Here is a summary of what I've got so far:

At the beginning of the game, use a random number generator to determine your starter which can be from any generation.
    example) in black version, use random number generator from 1-15, roll a 2, start with charmander. roll a 4, start with chikorita etc.

Here is the fun part: Every time you fight a gym leader, Giovanni, some other villain boss, or any other crucial story trainer besides your rival(s), you may choose a pokemon to trade for a random pokemon in their party.
    example) beat Falkner, the flying gym leader in gold/silver, use random number generator from 1-2, (he only has pidgey and pidgeotto), roll a 1, trade your rattata for his pidgey.

Otherwise, standard Nuzlocke rules apply, aka pokemon die, only catch one per zone yadda yadda yadda.

So basically, if you beat a gym leader, or say the kimono girls, you not only (possibly) get a badge and the ability to progress through the story, you also get one of their pokemon on your team. Currently I have used a random number generator to decide which of the pokemon I get. Now, you're probably wondering, how am I taking away these pokes? What I was thinking about doing is utilizing sites like http://www.pokegts.us to exactly copy the pokemon I fight against, but I could also trade over an egg from my other DS and just train from scratch. (dont really like that idea) The problem is that you cannot use the GTS at the beginning of the story in most of the games.

Anyways, thought about this at about 5 in the morning, so my thoughts are rather scattered, but if anybody has any suggestions for this nuzlocke variation, that would be cool =D.

Quote Originally Posted by terrytorterra View Post
    You actually don't need any of the HMs to complete the game. But even if you did, Frillish can take Surf, while Pidove can Fly. Strength, Rock Smash and Cut can be dealt with by Timburr and Snivy.
    Okay, guess I'll stick with all of Trip's Pokemon then.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

I'm thinking of doing this Nuzlock variation with modified rules, called the Mono-Lock.

Rules
    - Fainted = Dead Pokemon
    - No repeating Pokemon
    - Can only catch the Pokemon type of YOUR type bar HM Slave
    - Trade = YES. Due to the no repeating rule, I can trade an egg from another game for fresh variety and to prevent the 'caught-every-water-types-in-da-game' or 'have-to-wait-until-route-xxx-to-get-the-next-fire-type'.
    - Single Mon/Route does not apply. Ex. 3 types of water mon in a water route (eg. Tentacruel, Goldeen, Wingull), I have the choice to catch all three, since water types are non-existent on land. However, I can only catch the line. So ex, I cannot catch both Tentacool AND Tentacruel. Line-lock.
    - Certain areas are counted as certain areas. Ex. Pinwheel forest inside is unaccessible until Gym 2 is beaten. So Pinwheel is counted as inside AND outside. Same goes for Relic Castle, except it's only Relic Castle Lv. B1 & Relic Castle B2 and lower

Now, time for the RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR
    The lucky number is...................... 16! STEEL TYPE!

Choices:
    Magnezone
    Forretress
    Steelix
    Scizor
    Skarmory
    Mawile - Going to cancel this guy out because the Ruri subquest is too dayum long.
    Aggron
    Metagross
    Registeel
    Jirachi
    Empoleon
    Bastiodon
    Wormadam - No Burmy ;(
    Bronzong
    Lucario
    Probopass
    Dialga
    Heatran
    Excadrill (!!)
    Escavelier (!!)
    Ferrothorn (!!)
    Klinklang (!!)
    Bisharp (!!)
    Durant (!!)
    Cobalion (!!)
    Genesect (!!)

So many to choose from. Nuzlock shall start soon! I shall now ditch Tepig for Piplup. Ta-ta-ta.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, traded legendaries are banned. Only eggs as well as in-game legendaries. So no Gene, Dialga, Heatran, Jirachi and Registeel.
    EDIT 2: Going to cancel out some Pokemon that i cannot get due to trading restrictions and being unavailable to B2... And I realised this is still under nuzlock.. so gonna update it in that section rather than this.
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 31st March 2013 at 12:11 PM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

This can actually work with any Generation!I thought I just might put it here.
    The Pokemon Grunt Challenge!
    Here are the rules:
    -You may only use Pokemon used by the Grunts in the game you are playing and you must immediately release the starter once a Pokemon is caught.
    -If a Pokemon faints it is considered weak and useless and must be released. (This starts after the Pokemon reaches Lv.5)
    -You may catch multiple of the same Pokemon and as many as you want as long as it fits in the above categories.
    -Pokemon used by Grunts in the Anime/Manga series that are not used in the game do not count.
    -If you lose a battle to a Trainer that player is considered the Hero and you have lost and must restart the game.(If you can handle it!)
    Enjoy!
    My Friend Code is 5158 2177 4505!

So it's been a while, but I thought I'd update on how my Best Shot challenge was coming along.

Here is the prospective team:
    - Lillipup - Must solo Clay to evolve into Stoutland. Also must have Retaliate in its final moveset.
    - Axew - Caught with Premier or Luxury Ball. Must solo 2 trainers in 7th gym and Drayden's Hazorus to evolve into Haxorus. Also must have Taunt and Swords Dance in it's final moveset.
    - Mareep - Can only have Electroball as a damaging electric-type move. Must finish off any gym leader's final Pokemon to evolve into Flaffy, then must OHKO 3 pokemon its level or higher in a row to evolve to Ampharos.
    - Litwick - Can only evolve into Lampent after buring Skyla's Swanna, and but defeat 3 pokemon that evolve with stones (one must be a water stone) to evolve into Chandelure.

Currently, I'm in Driftveil facing Clay, obviously soloing with Macchiato, my Herdier. Needless to say, I'm having a lot of problems against that Excadrill of his...
    Either way, here is the current team

Macchiato (Herdier) M - lv 33 - Return, Work Up, Retaliate, Crunch
    LemonLatte (Flaffy) M - lv 29 - Charge, Cotton Spore, Thunder Wave, Electro Ball (Currently has 2 OHKOs in a row on Pokemon its level or higher. I don't count the under-leveled Pokemon in between. )
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458

I am doing a white 2 Wedlocke challenge. If you don't know what this is then here are the rules

Spoiler:- Rules:

Also this Wedlocke will to be on youtube. So if you want to follow it and get update on it subscribe to my channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/XKazukiIkuzakX
    Last edited by XKazukiIkuzakX; 4th May 2013 at 5:28 AM.

I have to use the Elemental monkey I get from the person in the dream yard without even evoling the Elemental monkey in the game once
    OR
    for ALL battle subway or WI-FI battles I use a theme for it. For example Ninja I'll use maybe Lucario and Throh and if I get my hands on it a hitmonchan or other ninja like pokemon.
    Another example: My theme is fish. Basculin,Sharpedo, Finneon
    And another one
    Theme Dog: Arcanine,Granbull,mightyena

POKEMON LOTTERY CHALLENGE

So, what is this?
    - It's a variation of the Random Number challenge.
    Rules
    - You come up with random numbers (as few/many as you like).
    - Someone else chooses the list that features these numbers.
    - If a number you have is not on the list, simply re-do the number.
    - You can set up challenges for yourself, or have other people assign challenges for you.
    - Have fun!

Now, the challenge I'm setting up for myself is actually for Generation 6, but I figure I'd leave these rules here in case anyone wants to join me. The numbers that I've given myself will (hopefully) correspond to numbers that will be in Kalos' pokedex. Since Kalos has a pokedex that is split into different regions, I've decided to assign one number into each region, followed by an overall number that I'll translate into the overall pokedex (view this as my powerball number)

NOTE:I know nothing more than you do when it comes to the next generation of pokemon. I simply did a 1-100 random number search for the regions and a 1-300 rns for the powerball number. I'll see what I get when the list comes out.

So, what are my numbers?

Central Region - 24
    Coastal Region - 52
    Mountain Region - 43
    Powerball - 46

I'll post this in the Generation 6 'Hit Me with Your Best Shot' page when it gets created. Until then, if someone else wants to participate in a Pokemon Lottery, I'll be more than happy to choose some lists for people.

I've never dome one of these kinds of challenges, but it looks fun. OK, here's my rules.
    Pokemon White
    Only use 4 Pokemon on team
    No legendaries
    No trading
    5th gen only
    Other than that anything goes I think.

Professor Dex, take a Blitzle which can evolve after defeating both of Elesa's Emolga. It must have Motor Drive and it must know Flame Charge and Pursuit. Nickname it Zebrayz.

Hi everyone it's my 1st post.It's EXTREMELY long but it's a new type of challenge. If you can read this till the end i thank you sincerely.

So, i'm having that feeling of pokemon games being too easy and i decided to make a challenge on my b2 and w2 versions. Nope, this is just a thing to do while i wait for x and y

the first thing i want to say is that i always play with my favorite pokemon (eg: i don't like haxourus that much so i don't use it even if it's awesome stat-wise) and being so, i decided to make a challenge of my own with that in mind since most of the challenges that exist have severe limitations to the pokes i can have, are not challenging enough and i didn't intend to make slight variations on the pre-existing ones. Some rules are common to some existing challenges though.

The name of the challenge is: All types favorite challenge. The rules are the following:

-the limit of pokemon i can battle with is 17. Exception is if i don't want my starter. If so i must use it until i catch the 1st pokemon and maybe use it to train that pokemon but only to the same level of the starter.(eg:my 1st poke to catch is sewaddle and before i can get to it, snivy gets to level 7. I can use snivy to train sewaddle up to level 7(even if snivy levels up afterwards the limit in this case is always 7)). After that my starter must be either released or boxed away.
    -i must have all 17 types in those 17 pokemon
    -no 2 pure type pokemon can be of the same type (eg:i can't have arcanine and darmanitan but i can have arcanine and chandelure)
    -the battle style is set
    -i must nickname all my pokemon
    -i can't use legendaries
    -i can't use pokecenters or buy anything from marts. i can heal my team in doctors, nurses, mum or any other npc that heals. the only items i can use are the ones i get in the wild. The exception for this is the last pokecenter of the adventure which is the pokeleague one.
    -during the battle against normal trainers or wild pokemon i can't use any items exept for held items.
    -in the gym leader battles and pokeleague, the level of my team can only be, at maximum, the level of the strongest poke of the leader and champion.
    the levels are:
    -gyms: 1st-13; 2nd-18; 3rd-24; 4th-30; 5th-33; 6th-39; 7th-48; 8th-51
    -pokeleague: 1st run-59; 2nd run-78
    -in the gym leader battles, the number of pokemon on my team must be the same as the leaders
    1st-2; 2nd-2; 3rd-3; 4th-3; 5th-3; 6th-3; 7th-3; 8th-3
    -in the gym leader battles and pokeleague, the items i can use in battle must be the same as my opponents or of an lower quality(eg: if my opponent has an hyper potion i can use 1 other restoration item like moo moo milk, super potion, etc but not a different type of item(eg:revive or paralyze heal)). Held items are allowed to be used as i want. this gives those battles a fair chance to the opponents and a bigger challenge to me.
    -gyms: 1st-1 potion; 2nd-1 super potion; 3rd and beyond-1 hyper potion
    -elite four:1st run-1 full restore; 2nd run-3 full restores
    -champion:1st run-3 full restores; 2nd run-4 full restores

This is supposed to be ingame challenge only. I have no access to other pokes other than those in the game. In terms of pokemon to get i already have a list and it is:
    black 2: white 2:
    grass - whimsicott grass - leavianny
    bug - heracross bug - galvantula
    poison - scolipede poison - drappion
    fire - arcanine fire - darmanitan
    water - starmie water - wailord
    ice - dewgong ice - mamoswine
    electric - ampharos electric - electabuzz
    fighting - sawk fighting - mienshao
    ground - sandslash ground - flygon
    rock - crustle rock - aggron
    psychic - bronzong psychic - sigilyph
    ghost - cofragigus ghost - chandelure
    normal -lopunny normal - zangoose
    flying -swanna flying - braviary
    dragon -hydreigon dragon - druddigon
    dark - sneasel dark - absol
    steel -magnezone steel - lucario

As you can see, the team consists of pokes found before the E4 so i can have a large choice on how to face them. Also, i wanted to make both experiences different so no pokemon is shared between the 2 versions.

Once again sorry for the 2000years long post. I will start this challenge soon, starting with black2 and report as soon as i have significant amount of info.

edit: only sandshrew, ducklett and basculin are allowed as HM slaves, if i decide to get HM slaves.

chickening out?:I know i need a good reason to back on some rules of the challenge but ear me out: I wanted a challenge but something representative of what the real pokemon world (especially the battles) would be. Therefore i'm considering this challenge failed and will be starting another one with less rules than this ones. I decided that during the battles it's impossible to heal but if other trainers use items, i find it fair to use the same number and type of items. The most important thing is the nuzlockeish rule i wasn't originally planning, and that's what i'll remove. I guess i'm a whiner but i have the anime mentality, you know, no one dies. So, when a pokemon faints ill go right away to the nearest healing npc. And that's all. I also plan on doing this challenge on all the other games except for the healing which can be in pokecenters for those games.
    Last edited by magma grunt edu; 30th June 2013 at 2:38 PM.
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

Hey guys I am thinking of a battle subway team based off random themes. I aslo like ideas for a theme and pokemon to use in the battle subway themes. I'll put a little restriction on the theme or on all of the pokemon to make the battle subway harder if I prefer to.
    For example this is one I can do and probably will do. I need 3 Pokemon per theme.
    Theme: Rats/mice
    Raticate ( Must have super fang and crunch as its only attacking moves)
    Pikachu (Must have the move Quick attack and has to be the first checked in for the battle subway so it always is the first in the subwaybattles)
    Patrat (Can never evolve. if it does it will not be able to be used in the battle subway on the hit me with your best shot battle subway challenge for ANY themes)

I'll base them of animals like rats like I just did and cats or something or maybe items and so on.
    For example:
    Mud/Posion sludge and other toxic dirty pokemon
    Garbodor -Must have only 1 poison type move
    Grimer- Can't have a poison type move
    Weezing - Must use explosion some time in the battle
    Or for another example witht eh themed more challenging battle subway thing
    RAIN TEAM- All pokemon must have the move rain dance
    Samurott
    Alomola
    Marill

PKMNinja, take a Chimchar. It can evolve into Monferno after defeating a Sigilyph, and into Infernape after soloing two trainers in the sixth gym. As for its final moveset, it must know one Grass-type move and one Rock-type move.

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast