Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091 LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2275

Thread: dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Yaga View Post
    Does it mean anything if you keep having incredibly violent dreams, where you end up dying in really painful ways? Normally I don't pay much heed to dreams and what they mean, but it's been a pattern lately. My latest dream I was speeding a long this bridge and off in the distance there was a mountain on the other side. I ended up losing control of the car, flew through my windshield, slammed into mountain and all I remember was looking at the other half of my torso that was still lodged in the jagged rocks. If it's not awful stuff like that, it's stuff like getting eaten alive by dogs, getting to beaten to death, having all my teeth fall out and bleeding to death on the bathroom floor, and all sorts of really awful stuff. :/

Should I a therapist or...?
    Wow dude, I ..... really wouldn't know about all that gruesome death stuff, but there is something I can tell ya about teeth falling in your dreams.

In my country there's a saying that literally translates to " your teeth fall off [in your dreams], your relatives die". Now don't worry, it's not supposed to be some nasty foreshadowing of bad things to come, only a way for our subconscious to express feelings of helplessness and/or loss.

Experiencing loss of teeth or more rarely limbs in dreams happens quite often to people who have just lost or are losing someone dear to them, but psychologists also link it to situations of uncertainty, in which you see bad happenings unfold before you that you can't really do anything about. The most common cause of this being, as I said, the death of a loved one.

I personally believe this to be true because it would also make sense of what happened to me: a couple years ago I was sad because my dog was ill and we all knew he was probably going to die. About a week before he eventually passed away I remember having this dream in which I was on holiday in switzerland with my family but I didn't want to go skiing with them 'cause my teeth were ALL falling out of my mouth for no apparent reason. It was.... kinda awful

Dunno if this makes any sense to you but I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents ^^"
    Last edited by Absol Wings; 18th August 2014 at 10:26 PM.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Had a dream about spiders last night. Not too uncommon for me, but it's never pleasant... Damn, I hate spiders. >__>

Well I heard if you see poop in your dreams it's a good sign. I'm not joking at all.

I had a dream where my friend hijacked a school bus and then started riding around the neighborhood destroying everything. Then the police caught her and put like 20 handcuffs around her wrist.
    Credits | TSV: 0924

I had another dream that I was the tactician from Fire Emblem:The Blazing Sword.It was basically like a remake,because it had an Fire Emblem:Awakening feel to it.Possibly from the fact I was thinking about Hector/MU supports that they could have in a remake.

"If you don't sharpen your blade,you lose your edge."
    I have claimed Inigo,Fire Emblem for the GBA,Open Your Heart from Sonic Aventure and Electabuzz!

I was trying to draw the "How to train your dragon" dragons as insects, because it makes the whole "kill on sight" attitude more realistic. I tried a lot of times but i don't think they ended up that good. So i had a nightmare about giant bugs attacking everyone, eating people and such. Damn it, that was one scary dream.
    My Shinies
    PokeRadar:
    Masuda Method:
    Chain Fishing:
    Random Encounter:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    Ah the dreamless slumber, peaceful and nice
    It's not actually dreamless, it's just that you don't remember the dreams you have. If you don't dream, then your brain never enters the most crucial and re-energizing phase of sleep, called REM sleep. So if you wake up feeling fresh and rejuvenated but have no recollection of any dreams, it is likely that you had the usual amount of dreams like you normally do, but just happened to wake up at a time when you weren't dreaming. A dream is easiest remembered if you wake up in the midst of one. That is why you generally remember only the dreams that you had most recently before waking, and not the several dreams that took place earlier in the night during previous REM cycles.

The dreams I can remember having are usually about work and friends, which is stupid because I spend like 20% of my time at work or with friends, and the other 80% doing other stuff entirely.

EDIT: Please don't anybody try to interpret my dreams, I think that whole practice is useless and inaccurate.
    Last edited by Sedaheht; 26th August 2014 at 7:57 PM. Reason: last minute word of caution

Somewhat "feelsy" and weird in the end: I dreamt I had woken up in my room, where I used to live in real time, it was the middle of the night, I knew there was nothing left in it but for some reason my bed was still there. I went to walk around it to reminisce the good times I had there and then when I walk into what it was my parents bedroom, there was Kerry King from Slayer doing it with, who I assume to be, his wife. That's it.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

There's a really weird dream I had when I was seven. So I walked into my school's gymnasium and for some reason there were office cubicles set up everywhere. As I walked past them people were giving me some strange looks. When I glanced in a mirror I saw that my head was an airplane. O_o

What's my favourite Pokemon? I'll give you three guesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Mauville City is supposed to be a big city, not a darn mall.

Last night, dreamt I was playing tag, and the person that was it was coming in fast behind me, so I jumped off the 100-story building. I landed and didn't even smash my ankles into a million pieces, but I still got tagged.

this probably is the most horrible in dream i've ever encountered, last night i dreamt of vampires and ghosts existing in places and now would eventually start haunting me
    Yeah I know there was a lot of hate towards Girlfriend (Kari), but I'm really not planning to drop it cause if I do that it will also mean that I'm dropping the current game I'm playing

They're the same
        Spoiler:- nothing here:

There's nothing to see here

I've been inspired to write an Alice In Wonderland type fantasy story based on things I've seen in my dreams. I don't usually remember what I see in my dreams, but I started developing this story after one night where I had three very vivid dreams I remember perfectly:

Dream 1: My cat walks into the living room and coughs up a whole sparrow. Which is still twitching.

Dream 2: I walk into this bizarre pet shop displaying such curiosities as a shark doing dolphin tricks and a komodo dragon type thing with feathery axolotl gills. This dream ends with a rattlesnake hiding behind some stock on a shelf striking out to bite me.

Dream 3: I'm in my local WH Smith (a UK chain of bookstores), and the two guys at the counter are talking about Lego. I walk outside and the town is being torn apart by several tornadoes.

I don't really dream about anything interesting... Lately they have been about skydiving and just having fun in the sky. Guess I'm just excited about going.
    Last edited by Lunar-Kuto; 15th September 2014 at 10:44 PM.

I remember a weird dream I had last night...

I was in some biker gang and we were racing over the highway, causing trouble. Somehow we were blowing up stuff and made a bridge collapse and tens of cars fell and exploded. It was pretty spectacular, like something you'd see in an over-the-top action movie, but I felt kinda bad about it because people had died. Then the police started chasing one of the people in the gang, and I was trying to follow the police without getting noticed to see where they were going. I lost track for a bit, but found them again later.
    Then suddenly the scene changes to me and my friend having a fair amount of land. Like in Minecraft we had built 2 houses on it, and I kind of wanted a third house, but there didn't seem to be much room on our land. Somehow I still managed to build something and made it my new home. Then it's evening and me and some friends were having a party, playing some videogames and stuff. I start feeling tired and decide to leave and go outside. As soon as I step outside a lynx approaches me and I feel kind of threatened. I try to not show any fear and it seems to help as the lynx backs off a little, probably disappointed by the fact I wouldn't be easy prey. I don't feel safe, though, and decide to go back inside.
    Then I notice one of the guys from the biker gang from earlier in my dream sneaking around. He tells me he's pissed off with one of my friends who was apparently in the gang too, and throws grenades in the house. The grenades didn't leave as much damage as you'd expect, but my friends come check out what the noise from the explosions was about. The guy with the grenades escapes, and I have to explain to my friends that I wasn't really with that guy.

I'm well aware of how easily you can be psychoanalyzed by sharing dreams, but screw it.

I've always had a passion for tornadoes, a weird kind of attraction to them. I've always wanted to experience one (it's actually on my bucket list) and I get super excited when thunderstorms start because of the possibility. In my dreams, when there are tornadoes, I always like to take charge and tell everyone to hide and take cover. Somehow, a bunch of classmates and a crown prince ended up huddled in my bathtub. And then I was doing homework. That was kind of fragmented.

This one has been really getting at me recently, it's tugged at something I'm pretty sure I feel deep down.

I was at a party of some sorts, enjoying myself until I met a friend who told me this girl and her friends were turning up. I knew I had to get out of there immediately, but the girl in question saw me and dragged me over to talk to me. It was when we sat down to talk when I began apologising for what had gone wrong between us, and she then said she wanted me -- like, to be with me. I said to her without hesitation that I felt the same way, but then I woke up straight away.

The thing is, the girl in question was the person I first fell in "love" with, and I liked her for two years. Then things went sour over time and I ended up falling out with her and then hating her. But I think it's telling me that I still want her, really deep down.

The feels, oh dayum.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I had a dream where I was a Clone trooper from star wars and we were order to travel to and new world named speedfest which had sonic characters running around...
    I shot big the cat in my dream
    I regret nothing
    Why can't I be Free?

My most recent dream:

It started out in a city in England (the city's name was never mentioned), and I was on one of those trolley tours. The driver had a megaphone and was giving explanations about the sites and the history behind them. After the tour was over, I fell asleep on the trolley. It was night when I woke up, and a different person was driving the trolley. He was going at high speeds (probably way over the speed limit). A few minutes after I woke up, the trolley dropped from a higher road down to a lower road through a grass mound because the driver was going too fast to turn at the right time. He said "Wooooo" and then the scene changed.

I was now in a several-story building in South Korea, which seemed to be a famous tourist spot judging by the amount of Americans there. The building was primarily made of wood except for the floors and furniture. I went to the upper floors, where the rooms all had revolving doors and fans that would blast you to the far side with air. When I was finished, I took an "elevator" down (I didn't actually enter an elevator; I stood at the farthest end of the farthest room and the wall changed to a staircase that led down).

A little while later on the ground floor, I was pacing around near the restrooms. I really had to go, but decided not to because public restrooms are gross. I started thinking about some kind of scandal involving McDonald's, and how it would be nice to have a McDonald's breakfast sandwich right now.

Later, I was in a room with a shower (it was just for display) and my vision kept switching between inside the building and the immediate surroundings outside. There was a body of water surrounding the building, and it was dark outside. There were apparently three monsters out there, which a lot of people where excited about and wanted to defeat (it was some kind of special event where they showed up every few months). I saw one; it was a giant crab that shot fire out of its claws. Its fire phased through the wall of the building and came into the room I was in, but I dodged. There were a few rounds of us exchanging projectile attacks. I dodged all of its fire, and it dodged a lot of my attacks but I did manage to get 2 or 3 hits in. Someone who I know came into the room. I asked "So what are these creatures? Are they biological, mechanical, or...?" "Mutations."

In addition to the person mentioned above, I'd been seeing a lot of people I knew. In the central area of the ground floor, I was invited to sit down at a table where some people I knew (and some I didn't) were sitting. I had a paper with me that had a timeline written on it. I don't know what the timeline was about, and I don't remember ever drawing a timeline or having paper on me to begin with. There was a bipedal fox with humanlike facial features in the middle of the timeline.

The people at the table were about to start a free-for-all Yu-Gi-Oh match. I hadn't collected any cards since since I was little (and I never actually played the game, I just liked looking at the cards), but I decided to play anyway. There were large stacks and piles of cards on the table, and we picked a deck from those. Some cards had an interesting feature called "Boost", where the card had a plus button. You would press the plus button and the monster's attack and defense points would go up until it reached its max (different monsters had different maxes). There were also some cards of Samus in her various suits, and a magic card called "Mudkip Worship". I forget the effect of the card, but something increased when there was "worshiping of Mudkipz". After I chose my cards, the match began.

We were transported to a virtual environment that looked like a lab room. We all materialized on a bed, but we were free to wander around wherever. Some people who weren't at the table were here, too. When we arrived here, a giant eyeball would float up in a tube of green liquid (these were near all the beds). The dream ended as the match was about to start.

One dream that has been etched into my subconscious was back when I first started college. I went to the campus, but no one was around. The lighting of everything was very dim, almost dark like night fall. I roamed around the campus in search of people, but to no avail, I found no one.. I heard a noise coming from the main entrance, so I go into the entrance door of the main building, up the stairs and there I seen everyone just standing there, lifeless. Their faces left a blank almost ghastly expression. They were all looking at something. I rush up ahead of the crowd to see a dead black horse covered in blood. I seen myself looking at this horse with a perplexed facial expression. "Why is this here?" I thought to myself. After observing the horse covered in blood for what had felt like two minutes, I woke up, wondering what the horse was suppose to mean or if it meant anything at all...
    Last edited by Beelogical; 27th October 2014 at 12:42 AM.

I had a dream that I was a cameraman for some show that looks for ghosts. Some monster with a pumpkin head came out of nowhere and jumped me and all I see is the static from the camera.

I also have plenty of dirty dreams, but I probably shouldn't share them here. n_n

Quote Originally Posted by Kumiho View Post
    I
    I also have plenty of dirty dreams, but I probably shouldn't share them here. n_n
    Don't we all?

My dreams are basically a hectic mash-up of things I did over the past week and random nonsense. This time I was at some sort of video game souvenir store and I bought a Dark Pit keychain. Some guy I met at high school came along and said "Cool keychain!". Then me and my family were being chased by the police for some reason. We were all in cars but then we were suddenly on foot. We ran past this dude who said "I need it!" but I'm not sure what he was talking about. Then we ran into our house (which had an invisible door because logic) and decided to move out because the police were after us. So we moved across the street. :/ Then there was an odd statue of something in the middle of town and my dad called it "contemporary art". Then I woke up.

What's my favourite Pokemon? I'll give you three guesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Mauville City is supposed to be a big city, not a darn mall.

I dreamt that someone injected drugs into me in my back yard. Felt nice. Then I woke up. Didn't feel very nice.
    "Because if you didn't believe in evolution, you were a shitty pokemon trainer!"
    Rollie Williams

A dreamed that all my fav cartoon characters were dancing Michael Jacksons Thriller! Well it is halloween today...

I dreamed that it was a normal school day with a twist.

I forget the twist.

"If you don't sharpen your blade,you lose your edge."
    I have claimed Inigo,Fire Emblem for the GBA,Open Your Heart from Sonic Aventure and Electabuzz!

Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091 LastLast